Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bridget69
Stats: 280/272/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2012
Hi Marylouise (is it supposed to be all one word?)

1) No I don't know who Bedford Forrest is...Who is he?

2) On the family hisory thing...my uncle Donald is an amateur geneologist and he has traced the Irish and Scots roots back to the homeland. Someday I want to visit both Scotland and Ireland. And I fly all the time...including one 25 hour flight to Indonesia.

3) I have NOT put CO in my coffee yet...someone on another thread asked me that. I never thought of it before. I have cooked with CO and used it on skin & nails...but I never knew it was such a ***Hip*** thing until I started hanging out on this forum. Perhaps I should try it. Do you use it instead of cream?

Have a goodnight...I'm off to glance around a bit before hitting the hay
Bridget69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2012, 02:47 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Hi everyone! Getting ready for a relaxing day off tomorrow! One more day of work! I also get the kerrygold butter but I get my store brand salted butter too. It is almost as good. The kerrygold is the best butter EVER! But it is pricey so we save it for good dinners. I sautee alot of onions and bell peppers and mushrooms for different dinners and either kind of butter really makes them delish.
ebeads where are you?? My juddd is going pretty steady right now, im not reall losing or gaining at this point but I have been so busy at work and home I have been slacking on tracking my calories. Kids got progress reports yesterday and my little guy is struggling. He is waiting for the psychiatrists appointment to do the formal ADHD test. His primary doctor thinks he has it for sure and I and his teachers do as well but they have to test him. That poor boy cannot sit still or focus at all. It is really frustrating doing homework with him but I try to be patient. Hopefully they can help him to focus at school. I don't want him behind and struggling his whole time at school. He's very bright and eager to please so I don't think its him being bad he just can't help it. Anyway alot of drama going on right now so I just have to keep doing what I can.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget69 View Post
Hi Marylouise (is it supposed to be all one word?)

1) No I don't know who Bedford Forrest is...Who is he?

2) On the family history thing...my uncle Donald is an amateur genealogist and he has traced the Irish and Scots roots back to the homeland. Someday I want to visit both Scotland and Ireland. And I fly all the time...including one 25 hour flight to Indonesia.

3) I have NOT put CO in my coffee yet...someone on another thread asked me that. I never thought of it before. I have cooked with CO and used it on skin & nails...but I never knew it was such a ***Hip*** thing until I started hanging out on this forum. Perhaps I should try it. Do you use it instead of cream?

Have a goodnight...I'm off to glance around a bit before hitting the hay
Good morning Bridget

Well yea but it is so long everyone just says ml mostly. I have had a time with my name all of my life. I love it but it is hard for most to understand I am not Mary. I am Marylouise. I even have a middle name. It starts with an S. I just use it when I sign things. Mama was very inventive. Like my sisters name, Nathleen. We see Cathleen, Kathleen, and a few other leens, put you want run into too many Nathleen's. Our bio-dad named her after one of his girl friends.

The problem I have with flying is the coming down. It would make me feel like I was dying. I can not stand the old elevators. They make me feel like I am falling to my death.

Yes going to Ireland would be way cool. But I know I will never see it.

Bedford Forrest was someone from the Civil war. He has a statue in Memphis. I have ancestors that fought by his side. He is not important. But his statue has caused many problems in Memphis.

The good coconut oil is wonderful in coffee. No I use cream with it or drink it with either or and both. I love hwc. I drink one to two cups a couple times a day with co, hwc and a few drops of Stevia. all the rest I drink is black.

Fat burns fat, to a point. This is the way I feel about fat. And our brains do need small chain fatty acids. To get into ketosis, one has to NOT but any carbohydrates into their body. You must be as zero carb as one can biologically be. Carbs are really in almost everything we eat and drink. Tracking food shows you that fact.

I put sugar in the tracker too. Keeping it as low as possible.

I waited too late last night to enter my intake from yesterday. I must go do that asap. I'm trying my very best to pre-plan all intake. Sometimes it is simply too hard to do.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Hi everyone! Getting ready for a relaxing day off tomorrow! One more day of work! I also get the kerrygold butter but I get my store brand salted butter too. It is almost as good. The kerrygold is the best butter EVER! But it is pricey so we save it for good dinners. I sautee alot of onions and bell peppers and mushrooms for different dinners and either kind of butter really makes them delish.
ebeads where are you?? My juddd is going pretty steady right now, im not reall losing or gaining at this point but I have been so busy at work and home I have been slacking on tracking my calories. Kids got progress reports yesterday and my little guy is struggling. He is waiting for the psychiatrists appointment to do the formal ADHD test. His primary doctor thinks he has it for sure and I and his teachers do as well but they have to test him. That poor boy cannot sit still or focus at all. It is really frustrating doing homework with him but I try to be patient. Hopefully they can help him to focus at school. I don't want him behind and struggling his whole time at school. He's very bright and eager to please so I don't think its him being bad he just can't help it. Anyway alot of drama going on right now so I just have to keep doing what I can.
Hi Shanan, I am so sorry to hear about your son. Have you ever tracked his blood sugar?
One of my grandson's has the same kind of problems. He has a blood sugar problem too. I have stuck all of the older grandkids and found that this one grandchild has high numbers. High and lows can cause this attention problem too. Just wanted to tell you.

I am still loving UD / DD!!!!! Losing too!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Hi Shanan, I am so sorry to hear about your son. Have you ever tracked his blood sugar?
One of my grandson's has the same kind of problems. He has a blood sugar problem too. I have stuck all of the older grandkids and found that this one grandchild has high numbers. High and lows can cause this attention problem too. Just wanted to tell you.

I am still loving UD / DD!!!!! Losing too!
No I don't even know of anyone in either side of our family with diabetes. He is chubby but his sister was too and she didn't have attention issues. Ill have to check into that ML.
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bridget69
Stats: 280/272/140
Start Date: September 2012
Uber-busy today...just stopped off to say hi
Bridget69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

9-20 UD
Thursday

fat- 72.92
carb- 30.78
sugar- 9.47
ncarbs- 21.48
prot.- 58.78
kcals- 1,024

carb- 12%
fat- 63%
prot.- 25%

RDI- 79%
weight- 164.4

Ate a "few" more carbs than I have been, but had no ill effects from doing it.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

9- 21
Friday DD

fat- 70.88
carb- 11.64
sugar- 0.64
ncarb- 5.64
prot.- 49.33
kcals- 888

carb- 5%
fat- 72%
prot.- 23%

RDI- 68%

Well I went over with kcals this day. Did not pre-plan!
Weight is holding. Don't want it to hold!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

9.22 UD
saturday

fat- 82.44
carb- 6.64
sugar- 0.14
ncarb- 6.64
prot- 40.09
kcals- 946

carbs- 3%
fat- 78%
prot- 19%

RDI- 73%

Shy on kcals. Been busy, busy.

I hope everyone on LCF is doing great!

I have been losing a lot of inches. I have not measured but my clothes are loser. Counting under clothes.

This is the 3 or 4th day of Autumn, and it feels great outside and inside. H put a screen on another window so we have 2 now we can raise. The air smells great!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
9.22 UD
saturday

fat- 82.44
carb- 6.64
sugar- 0.14
ncarb- 6.64
prot- 40.09
kcals- 946

carbs- 3%
fat- 78%
prot- 19%

RDI- 73%

Shy on kcals. Been busy, busy.

I hope everyone on LCF is doing great!

I have been losing a lot of inches. I have not measured but my clothes are loser. Counting under clothes.

This is the 3 or 4th day of Autumn, and it feels great outside and inside. H put a screen on another window so we have 2 now we can raise. The air smells great!
Hi ML I wish it felt like autumn here lol! Even though my weight has been holding pretty steady I also have noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit. Pants are definately looser and unfortunately so is my bra!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Hi ML I wish it felt like autumn here lol! Even though my weight has been holding pretty steady I also have noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit. Pants are definitely looser and unfortunately so is my bra!
Oh My Gosh. For me that's the bestest part! I carry a heavy load! I for sure fee like I am a LOT smaller. I told H to put is finger in my bely where I had mine and he said my gosh your belly has shrunk!!!
When I wake up, and yes check to make sure I ant still dreaming, I am still not believing it is real. BUT it is very real!

It is great to see you. And I am sorry it is still hot where you live
Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
ebeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Hi ebeads,
Love that picture!
It is so cute.
You are so good at finding the neatest picts!
How are you doing?
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Shanan,
How are you?
I had the same problems with my son.
For him elementary school was like putting a race horse in a class room and expecting it to sit still and pay attention. He is wired to move. He is in college now and able to concentrate and better than I every could! I wish you the best working through this.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello Cathleen and Heather!

Heather did you have a wonderful weekend with H? Did you eat one little old green bean?

Cathleen it's is great to see you here!!

Love your picture!!!

Old 09-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Today is a UD

Fixing to post yesterday, shortly. I am still doing great and still losing! SLOW but getting smaller everyday! I have not stepped on that last rung, yet. May try it today!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today is a UD

Fixing to post yesterday, shortly. I am still doing great and still losing! SLOW but getting smaller everyday! I have not stepped on that last rung, yet. May try it today!

yay!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Shanan
Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Just lost my message

Cathleen, hi and glad to see you here. Love the pic as always. Wow you have lost a lot proud of your accomplishment

SL my oldest daughter has a learning disability. Fortunately I am a special education teacher so could help her. She made it through three years of college and quit.

Hi Heather, hope all is going well

Hi Bridget I don't think we have met.

I don't have time yet to read back posts. Hopefully later. Still doing FIL house. Ed putting in flooring today. Furniture almost painted. Good thing DH knows how to do it all. Only problem is he was just getting ready to start the last room in our house so now that's on hold .

ML you are really doing well did you ever think you could eat other foods besides protein. I haven't been off plan but not logging food just being careful and guesstimating kcals . I can't believe I haven't binged and we have been eating out a lot too. Back to cooking today for sure. Did a huge marketing Sun

On cell phone do apologies for errors

Love and hugs to all
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Sunday 9.23 DD

fat- 46.26
carb- 1.30
sugar- 1.02
ncarb- 1.30
prot.- 27.46
kcals.- 551

carb- 1%
fat- 76%
prot.- 23%

RDI- 42%

Yesterday was no veggie day. Had to help mow grass and was too tired to fuss with a good supper. Ate eggs and bacon. Two serving of each
I mowed at least 2 acres! My energy is okdokie now. Still having issues with TMI

Loving this way of eat!!!!!

A few minutes ago I ate my break- fast meal
Along with my coffee, I ate one ounce hard cheese and one ounce fresh pineapple
I always have one coffee with hwc and co. The other is black.

I always take my supplements everyday!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Just lost my message

Cathleen, hi and glad to see you here. Love the pic as always. Wow you have lost a lot proud of your accomplishment

SL my oldest daughter has a learning disability. Fortunately I am a special education teacher so could help her. She made it through three years of college and quit.

Hi Heather, hope all is going well

Hi Bridget I don't think we have met.

I don't have time yet to read back posts. Hopefully later. Still doing FIL house. Ed putting in flooring today. Furniture almost painted. Good thing DH knows how to do it all. Only problem is he was just getting ready to start the last room in our house so now that's on hold .

ML you are really doing well did you ever think you could eat other foods besides protein. I haven't been off plan but not logging food just being careful and guesstimating kcals . I can't believe I haven't binged and we have been eating out a lot too. Back to cooking today for sure. Did a huge marketing Sun

On cell phone do apologies for errors

Love and hugs to all
Linda No I really thought I would be on meat, eggs and cheese the rest of my life! Keeping my kcals and protein down is really that magic KEY for me!! So glad and happy you are doing good on plan. I never would have believed it was the high protein that was messing me up! Keeping everything on one line because I don't know how cell phones work on here. You have made me very happy today. Seeing you here is great. Cathleen too! How did you lose your first post??
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

I lost my post too!!!!!!
I had all my stats on it!!!!
I will be reposting!!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

YAll That does happen. It has been doing it too me all over the forum. Copy your post into your mouse before you post so if you do lose it you can paste it to another posting....It is a hiccup. The solar flares or a what-ever can make this happen. I promise, it is true....
Old 09-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
I lost my post too!!!!!!
I had all my stats on it!!!!
I will be reposting!!
Heather I am so sorry. And I am sorry for smiling too, but that mad smilie gets me everytime!

I am still in a state of shock I am losing like this! SOOOOOO HAPPY TOO!!!!

Portion control!!!!!

Limit protein

Limiting kcals!

And cycling kcals!!!!!!

It works. It really works!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Linda,

It is so nice to hear from you!
I sure hope your FIL is doing OK.

Marylouise all your chicks are coming home!!!
You are so diligent with your eating and recording!
You are doing amazingly well.
We had a chalenge going didn't we?
I got so derailed that I have lost track.

I have my stats for yesterday

calories 1,221
Fat 107.4 g
Carb 6.9 g
protein 56.7G

Fat 78%
Protein 20%
Carbs 2%

The protein is a litter higher that I want but we did have steak for Sunday dinner.
I was down an other pound this morning...not virgin weight but I am getting there.
Lower protein and higher fat is starting to work for me at this stage of my weight loss.

It was a good weekend!
So glad to have my husband home!
It was just nice to spend time sitting next to each other.

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh my Marylouise!!!!!!!!!!!

163!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you.....so proud of you!!!!!!!
You are living proof that it can be done!!!!!!!!

150 is just around the corner!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Linda,

It is so nice to hear from you!
I sure hope your FIL is doing OK.

Marylouise all your chicks are coming home!!!
You are so diligent with your eating and recording!
You are doing amazingly well.
We had a chalenge going didn't we?
I got so derailed that I have lost track.

I have my stats for yesterday

calories 1,221
Fat 107.4 g
Carb 6.9 g
protein 56.7G

Fat 78%
Protein 20%
Carbs 2%

The protein is a litter higher that I want but we did have steak for Sunday dinner.
I was down an other pound this morning...not virgin weight but I am getting there.
Lower protein and higher fat is starting to work for me at this stage of my weight loss.

It was a good weekend!
So glad to have my husband home!
It was just nice to spend time sitting next to each other.
“You’ve done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, UNSTOPPABLE determination.”
Ralph Marston
Heather I love your siggy!

How many ounces of steak did you eat?
Does you calculator not give sugar too?
I have never went to ******. LCF does offer their own calculator now. I tried to use it but I do NOT use facebook. So I could not sign up in it.
I do not know FD offer's.

For losing a pound!!!

Yes we do have that challenge...I did not forget

It was first 7, I think..............I am ahead a little. You can catch up very easily and pass me so fast you will kick up dust, kicking that fluff to that CURB!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh my Marylouise!!!!!!!!!!!

163!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you.....so proud of you!!!!!!!
You are living proof that it can be done!!!!!!!!

150 is just around the corner!!!!!!!!!
Me a little proud of me too
Have to change my stats again. Oh poor me....

IT CAN BE DONE!!! IT IS DO-ABLE!
THINK PORTION CONTROL. HEATHER, NOW THIS IS JUST MY O. And weigh your food. All food

I am keeping all of my Stats in one folder.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
“You’ve done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, UNSTOPPABLE determination.”
Ralph Marston
Heather I love your siggy!

How many ounces of steak did you eat?
Does you calculator not give sugar too?
I have never went to ******. LCF does offer their own calculator now. I tried to use it but I do NOT use facebook. So I could not sign up in it.
I do not know FD offer's.

For losing a pound!!!

Yes we do have that challenge...I did not forget

It was first 7, I think..............I am ahead a little. You can catch up very easily and pass me so fast you will kick up dust, kicking that fluff to that CURB!
I do love ******.
I do have a facebook account but I have not used it in years.
It is too complicated to close it!!!
I did not know ****** needed facebook to work. I guess I am glad I couldn't get out of FB!!

I looked for info on sugar on ****** but they do not show it!
I don't eat any of the white stuff so I don't really worry about it but I can see how it would be nice to know, especially when you start eat fruit again.

I had 5 oz. of steak with herb butter that I made.
It was amazingly delicious! Love, Love, Love, this way of eating!!!!!

Oh dear I am late to pick up my daughter!
By for now!