Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #961
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
I am also worried about Cathleen. ML do you know her city? Maybe we could check the hospitals?
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #962
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Hi all,
Just checking it for a break from my currently chaotic life!
I backed in to my DH's car last night!!!!
1,400 dollars worth of damage.
We have a 500 deductible so I have been planing phone tag with the claims adjuster and taken my car and have gotten two quotes this AM.
It is going to take 5 days to repair and I am going to have to get a rental to(not included).
Did not need this right now!!!!

On a brighter note I have been leg cramp free!!!!
This will have a huge impact on my weight loss!!!

I am so worried about Cathleen too.
I don't think there is much we can do.
Even if we could find her in a hospital they would not give us any information.
I guess all we can do is pray.

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Avos are in season now so watch for specials. They are 3/$1, for regular size at our local market.
We often have peewees availabel for .99/lb. Those are perfect size; no leftovers.

ML, fill the cavity w hot sauce, salsa or a sqeeze of lime for a change of pace.
A spoon is the best way to eat 'em, but you can run a knife through the meat, only, then scoop out the chunks into soups/chili/broth/salad.......I don't think you can go wrong.

I don't like them overripe since they start to taste like rancid oil.

The seeds grow in my compost and make many little trees. The warmth of the compost keeps them from freezing and they are tricked into thinking that they are in a better climate!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #964
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Wow all those avocados. They are really costly here unless I get them in a mesh bag at Costco. They are a bit small so for DH salad use two. I also top eggs with them. I love them but not right now.

I want to be 140 and then 135 to regulate my up and down issues. Hopefully by next June. I am 5' 6", maybe a little less. You know you shrink as you get older.

I have no control with so many foods. I actually have PB and Almond butter in the frig for the kids but didn't think about it until now!!! I get into the nuts DH eats and the protein bars.

DH has protein whey in the house.

Prayers continued for Cathleen. I wish I had her phone number. So worried.

Linda
Linda why are you worried about eating the Avocado??
You know I haven't even checked the carbs in it! All I know about them is they have healthy fay in them. Must Google them.....

Yes you love nuts! I remember!

Cathleen said she just need more time to recover. She sounded like it wouldn't be long before she can get back on line....Our prayers have helped her, that I am sure of.

Linda you are 5'6"?? I could tell you were a little taller than me but you are almost 4 inches taller. Gosh me a runt at 5'2 or 3"
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #965
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda you should Google the avocado. It can lower cholesterol within 7 days and it has more potassium than a banana!
I read up on it in Wikipedia!!!!

It has tons of health benefits!!!!!
I'm still looking for carb content...But it matters not to me. I am eating them and they have not stopped weight loss!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #966
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Heather, I ran over a curb last night so I am in good company!!! Good thing it was a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Avacados are more costly in So Cal. I used to fill the cavities with salsa, chicken salad etc, but that ws long ago. Soon I will start eating on a different plan. I have to get my body ready right now from the stress and several oops. ML your metabolism adjusted nicely to your change in plan. It's really amazing the difference in you.

I also had a very short message from Cathleen last night. I do believe our thoughts and prayers carried her through this difficult challenge.

Today is 12/12/12!!!

Linda
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #967
Blabbermouth!!!

A gift from Heather to me and my re~gifting to ya'll. You will enjoy this song. Me did!

Linda Cathleen emailed you too! Cool!! She has to be felling better with all of us pulling for her! I miss the tar out of her!
Its not really a different plan I am on. I have been wanting to try the avocados for a while but was too chicken. Very glad I did. Yummy stuff!

Yes today is 12/12/12!! I have been fidgety all day for some reason! Feel mostly ukie.....

Linda what you mean, difference?
Except for feeling off today I do feel better than I have in years....

Old 12-13-2012, 04:01 AM   #968
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Hi everybody We made it to Texas but we are parked in a new place they just made in the desert.NO wi-fi,I'm using Dh's I-phone so I only have a minute.I will catch up later.Miss talking to you all everyday
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heather,how terrible about the car accidentI'm sure you didn't need this expense right now!
I'm glad Cathleen is feeling better
Linda,what kind of Harley does you Dh have? We just bought a Road Glide Custom a few months ago.I didn't want such a big bike at first but of course now I love it.No more back aches
Ml,I'm trying to eat less also.I DIDNOT do very good while traveling
Can you believe Dh's job is 140 miles from where we are staying! At least they get paid for travel time. So far I don't care much for where we are staying.They have little bushes here with BIG thorns on them and I have to watch my dogs real careful so they don't get in them.My little rat terrier keeps getting sand spurs in her feet
I went to a McDonalds Tues.to use their free wi-fi but it was owned by Pilot truck stop and it's not free 2.00 an hr or 20.00 a month.I may do that later if I find I will use it enough.It's two mile away.
Shanan,I'm glad you are still doing good
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #970
Senior LCF Member

Oh Harley I am so glad to hear you made it safe. Sorry about the thorns though and the wifi that makes it more difficult we have to watch when we take chewy for walks here in florida, in the winter alot of people end up getting sandspurs from the grass going dormant. The weeds show up then and I think the most popular weed here is the sandspur! We try to keep him in the road as much as possible.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #971
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

Linda-so glad you were in a 4 WD!
I go over curbs occasionally too!

Harley-You made it safe!!!!
I would not worry about your eating right now. Moving is so stressful!
You will get back to it right a way!!
What about doggy boots?

Jem- I am still leg cramp free, Thanks a bunch!!!!!! Finally I am sleeping with out fear of cramping!!

SL-How are you doing? Chewy is an adorable name!! What kind of dog do you have, you may have said but I have forgotten.

ML-Thanks for posting the song.....it is very cheerful!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #972
Senior LCF Member

Heather Chewy is short for Chewbacca, he is a Chocolate Lab
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95facebook95-211513262195.jpg (17.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 427835_2987753132964_261104214_n.jpg (4.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-14_09-21-58_595.jpg (84.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love labs. Lucy was supposed to be a lab but something happened to her ears....flaw in the design, I'm thinking.

Actually, she's just a shelter dog w a little of everything but we have had labs in the family for a very long time and they are the best.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #974
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Heather Chewy is short for Chewbacca, he is a Chocolate Lab
Oh I remember now!!!!
Cute dog!!!!
Chewbacca is a brilliant name for him!
My son is a huge Star-wars fan.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heather, so happy you were able to get rid of the cramps.

I tried all the LC recs; broth (tasted good, no relief), avos (eat 'm most everyday, no help), mg (supposed to hold k, but not for me).
Even one banana is not sufficient while eating no other carbs.

It is amazing how the smallest touch of K will solve the problem...and not even any special chelate, etc....just the cheap stuff.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #976
Senior LCF Member

Shanan, the dog is precious.

I still get the night leg cramps but not as badly as before.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #977
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello everybody. Harley glad you and H made it there safe. I'm nosy, why did yall set up so far from his work site?

Labs are great sweet dogs.

I tooo was having the leg-body cramps! After starting on the Potassium all's right with the world again.
But when I was having them in my legs I got out of bed asap! Standing made it go away. I had them so bad it would leave sore muscles.
:hugs

Do I sound depressed...
I am depressed...
Not about WOE.
Family things...
Very depressing this close to the holidays.

and now what happened in Connecticut

I'm sorry just being honest...I just want to go back to bed....................................
Old 12-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #978
Major LCF Poster!

This is so very sad.
My mind can't comprehend anyone who can kill children.
I am sad and angry at the same time.
This is happening too often.
Somehow we must put a stop to this!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #979
Blabbermouth!!!

SO OFTEN.....

So often we think our problem's are so large and then our feet gets knocked off the ground. My prayers are and will always be for all that go through this kind of tragedy.

I am going to go off line until tomorrow, maybe longer, for respect of the lives lost and the lives of parents and grand parents, in this nightmare.

As in shock as I am I can think of little less than this horrific slaughter of our baby's.....and wonder what's next.

GOD BLESS US ALL
Old 12-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #980
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone! Dh's off on Sunday so I can get on the web for a little while
Ml,I know what you mean about being depressed I had to quit watching the news.So terrible and sadThe lives of the family will NEVER be the same This is not something you ever get over but still have to learn to live with.My Dd2 lost a baby through tragic circumstances and she still has some terrible times and it's been over 10 years ago
Ml,the reason we are so far from the work site is because the office is close to here and dh has to go by the office every morning.We are thinking about moving in a few weeks to New Mexico which is much closer to job IF they can skip going to the office.The problem is there are so few campgrounds and and they have hundreds of workers, you have to get on a waiting list that has 100 people already on it.We are trying to find a laundry this morning to wash clothes.This area is totally industrial where we are staying.We are going for a motorcycle ride this morning to check things out
Shanan,are you maintaining your loss? I hope it's going good for you
Heather,how are things going with the car repairs? I hope you can get everything straightened out before Christmas.This time of year is stressful enoughMy g-son is a HUGH Star Wars fan and he is 21! He is in the "Dragon Con" parade every year and has a authentic Darth Vadar costume and got to meet George Lucas last year.He also has a Storm Trooper costume and he does a lot of stuff at schools and stuff.Kids love to have their picture taken with him
Linda,I hope you are having a peaceful lull in you like right now I still say prayers for you and your family
Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #981
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone, yes harley I am still maintaining. I had a bump up in weight last week and did a correction day and lost back down to my low weight. The correction day is basically eat nothing all day and eat a big steak and an apple for dinner. It worked I lost 3.6lbs. Yesterday was the 2 christmas parties and I ate whatever I wanted in moderation. And today is ds 8th birthday dinner pizza and cake. I will not weight until tomorrow but I probably will be doing a correction day Monday too lol. It should work out better for speial events when I am all finished and doing juddd. Then I will just plan this stuff for up days and it will all even out. The bf and I had a great time at the parties and mine was at night so I had 2 Ace pear ciders. I like them alot better than beer lol and 2 pretty much did me in lol. I don't drink very often and I worked yesterday so was up a 2am. We went home and were supposed to watch ufC but I fell asleep as soon as I layed down.
The shootings are terrible. I saw the list today and all of those baby's were 6 and 7 years old! My son just turned from 7 to 8 and I just cannot imagine someone doing that to children so young and small! Those parents must be so devastated, my heart is breaking for them. Words cannot express how horrific this is
Old 12-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #982
Senior LCF Member

Wow posted a message and it got lost !!!

Harley, glad you are getting settled in. BIL comes to our house Tues and hopefully everything will work out. Thank you for the prayers, we need them. Bless you

Shanan, you are amazing, proud of you. I can't eat off plan food moderately so have to not eat one bite. I am glad you have that control. It is the way to maintain as well as lose.

I too am at a loss of words for the victims. At a holiday party last night I just cried and felt I didn't belong there with fetivities and celebration. Being a mother and teacher it hits hard on both levels

Linda
Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #983
Senior LCF Member

Back at hospital. BIL experienced severe pain this am and nursing facility sent him to ER. Waiting for info. It never ends. I will not eat, I will not eat.....
Old 12-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #984
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Back at hospital. BIL experienced severe pain this am and nursing facility sent him to ER. Waiting for info. It never ends. I will not eat, I will not eat.....

I am so sorry Linda.
I pray this is not serious!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

harley-My car should be done Wednesday!
I will be glad to get that dear old thing back!

SL-You have an amazing ability to go off and get right back on!!!!!
You are so lucky to be able to do that....when I go off it could be 60 pounds before I can get the breaks working!

Still feeling so sad about the shooting. My Mom, two aunts, sister, two BILs and a SIL are all teachers. We are a family full of them. Not to mention we have all sent our little first graders off to school in the mornings.

How can we celebrate Christmas this year knowing that 27 families are in such pain.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #986
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Prayers for you Linda, I am so sorry you are going through so much lately you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #987
Blabbermouth!!!

72` DADR: OneMoreTime

How Indeed Heather.....How?

I'm sorry Linda.... And No Linda You Will Not Eat!

Heather I love my Rabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #988
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
72` DADR: OneMoreTime

How Indeed Heather.....How?

I'm sorry Linda.... And No Linda You Will Not Eat!

Heather I love my Rabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #989
Major LCF Poster!

There's no place like home for the holidays!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #990
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
harley-My car should be done Wednesday!
I will be glad to get that dear old thing back!

SL-You have an amazing ability to go off and get right back on!!!!!
You are so lucky to be able to do that....when I go off it could be 60 pounds before I can get the breaks working!

Still feeling so sad about the shooting. My Mom, two aunts, sister, two BILs and a SIL are all teachers. We are a family full of them. Not to mention we have all sent our little first graders off to school in the mornings.

How can we celebrate Christmas this year knowing that 27 families are in such pain.
Well I haven't always got right back on Heather, I've gained it all back and hen some 2 xs.
I am really payinng attention this time to not gaining more than 2lb. Up or down for my hCG window. I think its a great way to keep yourself in check. Before it becomes a huge problem. The main thing for me is keeeping on top of it. When I am gaining I avoid the scale. I want to continue weighing daily now so I know what im working with.

Yes everytime I read a story about the shooting I tear up. Its so sad thinking about all of those small children and the teachers. I think alot more focus on mental illness is needed.
Obviously enough is not being done to help these boys early. I feel so badly for the families. I can't even imagine..