Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #931
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
It was 60 bucks well spent imho! I wish I hadn't been so leery of it I wasted months..
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Hey, ML, you are doing great!! Nice loss.

Just had to come and tell you about my daughter's success on JUDDD which she started 6 wks ago.
She has stayed in strict rotation and even going to parties and socializing (drinks included), she sticks to those DD cals....has not had the urge to pig out on UD's.
She makes it look so easy!!

So the story is; she actually knew her weight from a doc visit but was to embarrassed to say so just said she didn't know her weight and was going by her clothes.

She finally weighed yesterday and the loss is....wait for it......20#!!

I am happy to hear feeling so good physically and emotionally since she's going through a break up after 17 yrs.

Happy holidays.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #933
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Hey, ML, you are doing great!! Nice loss.

Just had to come and tell you about my daughter's success on JUDDD which she started 6 wks ago.
She has stayed in strict rotation and even going to parties and socializing (drinks included), she sticks to those DD cals....has not had the urge to pig out on UD's.
She makes it look so easy!!

So the story is; she actually knew her weight from a doc visit but was to embarrassed to say so just said she didn't know her weight and was going by her clothes.

She finally weighed yesterday and the loss is....wait for it......20#!!

I am happy to hear feeling so good physically and emotionally since she's going through a break up after 17 yrs.

Happy holidays.
Jem that is great! I bet your dd is so pleased! _
Old 12-08-2012, 05:08 AM   #934
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
No negative side effects but some good ones; energy and less moodiness.
there's different kinds; drops, pellets and rx injections. I did drops they came with a small spray bottle I was told to spray 3 sprays under the tounge 3xs a day.
mine was 59.99. But I didn't shop around I just went to a supplement store and got them.
Sounds like it is easy to take.
Why would anyone take the injections if there is a mouth spray?

Only good side effects!
That is great.
Sounds like this is really working for you.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #935
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
I am on a hormone blocker due to breast cancer 3 and 1/2 years ago that I will take at least 5 years and maybe more. I have about 15 ibs to go. It that too little??? It is my fault going up and down with the weight. Too much stress lately and not enough focus. Trying again today to refocus. Shanan, I am so happy your plan is working for you. You will be at goal weight so soon.

ML, I can't wait until you move into your home. You deserve the best. We all love you. I like organizining and unpacking. Wish I lived closer. DD is moving soon so I will have my hands full.
BIL moving in with us soon until bathroom is ready and we see what the MRI reveals as far as care goes. I already told him about food and using his walker. He tries to move around on his own and with only one arm he could lose his balance. I guess the last room in my house will never get finished.

Made some food for a party last night. Didn't taste the stew but soaked figs in port wine and had one, to die for. I had to walk away and good thing they were gone in 10 min. Made a fresh corn salad for another party tonght but won't eat any. Have had it too many times before. Too many temptations lately!!!

Linda
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #936
Senior LCF Member

Jem, wonderful news on your DD. My youngest has gained after the 2 kids but eats too much junk food. She is moving near me soon and I plan to make meals for her and the grandkids. Also it is expensive to eat out so much.

My problem is that when I had to lose so much weight it was easy to stay on plan. I got lazy with continuing strictly. I wish I was like some who don't comfort themselves with food when stressed. These last 15 lbs are a nightmare and my fault that they are hanging around.

Linda
Old 12-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #937
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Sounds like it is easy to take.
Why would anyone take the injections if there is a mouth spray?

Only good side effects!
That is great.
Sounds like this is really working for you.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
That was the only way it was available at first. Some people want to do it under the supervision of a doctor still. Some people think injections work better but I have read posts by quite a few people who have done all three kinds and not noticed much if any difference in how it worked or how much they lost. The maiin thing with the drops is to get the kind with the 6x,10x ,12x ect on the back. If its an Hcg "formula" its not the right thing.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #938
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Hi ya'll

Wonderful cloudy rainy dark day! And I love it!

Moving day can not come fast enough!

Jem I am so happy for your DD!! And thank you!

Linda you can come unpack for me any day!
I think this move, I will be very happy unpacking though!!

Heather its dark and great here!

Shanan I am so glad and happy you are doing so good!

marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #939
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Hi ya'll

Wonderful cloudy rainy dark day! And I love it!

Moving day can not come fast enough!

Jem I am so happy for your DD!! And thank you!

Linda you can come unpack for me any day!
I think this move, I will be very happy unpacking though!!

Heather its dark and great here!

Shanan I am so glad and happy you are doing so good!

ML I bet this unpacking will be a happy day for you! Funny how we all dread the chore of moving but when we move into that place that has us sooo excited it seems like an adventure or like you can't wait to make it yours lol or maybe a little bit of both. I have moved every year for the past 6 years, and the 10 years before that moved every 2 to 3 years. As a kid we moved alot too. I went to 3 elementary, 2 middle, and luckily my mom and step dad bought a house the summer before I started high school so I stayed at the same one. I hate the chore of moving but will be so happy the day we move to Az.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #940
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
I am on a hormone blocker due to breast cancer 3 and 1/2 years ago that I will take at least 5 years and maybe more. I have about 15 ibs to go. It that too little??? It is my fault going up and down with the weight. Too much stress lately and not enough focus. Trying again today to refocus. Shanan, I am so happy your plan is working for you. You will be at goal weight so soon.

ML, I can't wait until you move into your home. You deserve the best. We all love you. I like organizining and unpacking. Wish I lived closer. DD is moving soon so I will have my hands full.
BIL moving in with us soon until bathroom is ready and we see what the MRI reveals as far as care goes. I already told him about food and using his walker. He tries to move around on his own and with only one arm he could lose his balance. I guess the last room in my house will never get finished.

Made some food for a party last night. Didn't taste the stew but soaked figs in port wine and had one, to die for. I had to walk away and good thing they were gone in 10 min. Made a fresh corn salad for another party tonght but won't eat any. Have had it too many times before. Too many temptations lately!!!

Linda
Technically he says don't do it unless you have atleast 15-20 lbs. I think 15lbs will go if you buckle down on one plan and be strict. Look at ML she was stuck forever and she switched it up and shook up her body which was probably getting used to how she was eating or her body had becoome so much smaller it didn't need all she was giving it. or sometimes you get more lax the closer you get to goal. You look ok and it doesn't seem like such an emergancy to lose it. Something you do different will shake it up and things will click again.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #941
Senior LCF Member

ML what exactly are you eating now food/calorie wise? I haven't heard you mention much lately. Your losing now and I know you adjusted some things but maybe it would help linda and others if you tell us?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #942
Senior LCF Member

Jem how's the move going!!? Stay safe!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #943
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ML what exactly are you eating now food/calorie wise? I haven't heard you mention much lately. Your losing now and I know you adjusted some things but maybe it would help linda and others if you tell us?
Well, thats a good Q!

For starters I am eating as little as possible.
Avocado's.
Venison
More avocado's and more venison.

I got a head of iceberg lettuce this month and just yesterday had a deer meat salad. I put half a avocado in first then 1 and 1/2 ozs hard cheese. Also 3 chopped boiled eggs. I used the meat I cooked earlier this week. It was a huge bowl and I saved a lot of it to eat later. I was going to get some carrots and celery and forgot. I used Dukes mayo with some ranch dressing mixed in it. I also had 2 ozs. of veggie chips.

I bought some smoked turkey legs.
They are hard to eat but very tastie.

I also ate a big ground beef burger this week too.

My CO and hwc in coffee with Stevia sweet drops.

Oh and a dill pickle a few times this week.

I also ate some sf choco. candy. It has trashed my belly. Every-time I eat sf candy I say, Never Ever Again. But then I break and throw a bag in my basket. UGH and DUMB.

That is what I ate this week......
Old 12-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #944
Blabbermouth!!!

I am really working to keep kcals down as low as I can and I think that is key when you get as close to goal as I am.
It does not feel like almost 2 years have passed since I started Atkins induction! Linda and I have been at it a while!! Shanan you do know we met on a different forum, right...

Linda asked me this week how much more was I going to lose.
I don't really have an answer to that Q.
I'm sure I will turn 62 before I reach 140. 140 sounds like a good number for me. Mostly I am just taking it one day at a time......one step at a time......one pound at a time....

Shanan please be tons smarter than I. Don't regain again. The up and down wears on the human body too much! Make yourself learn from the past. I sure wish I had...............................................
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #945
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am really working to keep kcals down as low as I can and I think that is key when you get as close to goal as I am.
It does not feel like almost 2 years have passed since I started Atkins induction! Linda and I have been at it a while!! Shanan you do know we met on a different forum, right...

Linda asked me this week how much more was I going to lose.
I don't really have an answer to that Q.
I'm sure I will turn 62 before I reach 140. 140 sounds like a good number for me. Mostly I am just taking it one day at a time......one step at a time......one pound at a time....

Shanan please be tons smarter than I. Don't regain again. The up and down wears on the human body too much! Make yourself learn from the past. I sure wish I had...............................................
Well I did do atkins in 2003 and in 2009 and lost around 40lbs each time so I have lost and regained but this time is different in that I have a definate action plan for maintenance and I think that for me using juddd and exercising is the way to go. I found it very easy to stay the same weight on juddd but with my schedule could not do the rotations the proper way to lose much. I know what you mean about the body too. Both times I lost before I didn't have much lose skin and this time I do have some but I think part of that is the speed that I lost on HCG and lot of people say it tightens up alot during the low carb phase.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #946
Blabbermouth!!!

When I lost this same 100plus in 2002-2003, I wasn't so saggy. As I age it gets worse every day. I think my skin started getting thinner and looser after age 55. I have always looked many years younger than I am. Not now. It has for sure caught up with me.

Exercising is the biggest key! After weight loss. Walking and stretching is all I ever do when I am losing. Then I do start working out harder. Well I use to anyway.
I think this past weight gain I put on more than I ever have. But because I am a real scared dummy I stay away from scales and mirrors when I get so big I have trouble breathing. That for me is the BIGGEST mistake I make............I heard them say on the radio last week that everyone needs to wear spandex. They said ppl that do, don't gain weight so easy! I'm going to get a complete body suit when I have the money to get it................................................ .................................................. .....
Old 12-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #947
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post

I live for dark rainy days.
I am so out of place here in CA.
I grew up with lots of rain.

Love the
sound
smell
taste
feel
gloom
of a rainy day!

Just seeing the raindrops trickling down the windows relaxes me.
Aww the sound of the windshield wipers going back and forth.

It must be the Irish in us ML!!
Singing in the dark gloom again!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
Good morning my dears. I am hanging in there. I just want to get through Thanksgiving. In a way I am glad that tomorrow most of the food stores will be closed a good part of the day. Something psychological about just being able to get in the car and go get bad stuff to eat haunts me. I will not go to a mall , so am safe there. The older I get, the stranger I get, but the malls are just too overwhelming and too crazy this time of year, esp this weekend.

Say a little prayer for me please, just finished my paperwork for redetermination on food stamps. They cut them last time and it makes it really rough. I made so much less money this year, hope they can at least give me SOME food stamps. Healthy food is not the cheapest.

I am trying to do a little bit here and there in my studio. It is a mess at the moment because I just have not had the energy to do any cleaning/straightening and the cats sure are not going to do it.

How are you doing ML????? (((( big hugs )))) and special hugs to my dear Linda , as well.

xoxoxoxox
Cathleen please come home
We miss you

I so hope you are almost 100% better now

Last edited by marylouise; 12-09-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Old 12-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #948
Senior LCF Member

Lol I would be sure to watch my weight if I had to wear spandex everyday!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #949
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Lol I would be sure to watch my weight if I had to wear spandex everyday!
Here they called them a different name. Spanks maybe. I am going to get some. I want a top and a bottom. Need some extra support for the extra yukie

ding-dong
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #950
Senior LCF Member

Hey, how is everyone? Spanx is very popular with the jet set I am told. I need some too. When you lose a lot you have hanginh skin!!! They are expensive though but a good idea. Maybe on Amazon a bit cheaper.

The big dog went ut when DH had the sprinklers on. He came in so wet but wouldn't let me dry him off. Guess he loves it. The little one hates it.

Had a good weeekend and although we had 2 holiday parties and a breakfast after the motorcycle show I stayed on plan. About time. Wow the economy is really affecting motorcycles too. DH got a new one about 12 years ago and the same one new today is the same price. A Harley of course. I was really surprised. Maybe he is due a new one although lately he has not been riding too much.

Shanan, you are so right about your plan for maintenance. To me that's the hardest part. I always get lazy and think, oh one time, one time to eat whatever. Then it starts adding up.

Cathleen, miss you dear friend.

Linda
Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #951
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Hey, how is everyone? Spanx is very popular with the jet set I am told. I need some too. When you lose a lot you have hanginh skin!!! They are expensive though but a good idea. Maybe on Amazon a bit cheaper.

The big dog went ut when DH had the sprinklers on. He came in so wet but wouldn't let me dry him off. Guess he loves it. The little one hates it.

Had a good weeekend and although we had 2 holiday parties and a breakfast after the motorcycle show I stayed on plan. About time. Wow the economy is really affecting motorcycles too. DH got a new one about 12 years ago and the same one new today is the same price. A Harley of course. I was really surprised. Maybe he is due a new one although lately he has not been riding too much.

Shanan, you are so right about your plan for maintenance. To me that's the hardest part. I always get lazy and think, oh one time, one time to eat whatever. Then it starts adding up.

Cathleen, miss you dear friend.

Linda
Linda I am glad you got to go to some parties and great that you stayed on plan too! Those kinds of things are the worst for me. I am fine at home but if we go to someones house or to an event of some sort I am 50/50 on if I will eat badly. I am still better than I used to be lol, I used to eat bad at home and at all events so its an improvement anyway
Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #952
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, thats a good Q!

For starters I am eating as little as possible.
Avocado's.
Venison
More avocado's and more venison.

I got a head of iceberg lettuce this month and just yesterday had a deer meat salad. I put half a avocado in first then 1 and 1/2 ozs hard cheese. Also 3 chopped boiled eggs. I used the meat I cooked earlier this week. It was a huge bowl and I saved a lot of it to eat later. I was going to get some carrots and celery and forgot. I used Dukes mayo with some ranch dressing mixed in it. I also had 2 ozs. of veggie chips.

I bought some smoked turkey legs.
They are hard to eat but very tastie.

I also ate a big ground beef burger this week too.

My CO and hwc in coffee with Stevia sweet drops.

Oh and a dill pickle a few times this week.

I also ate some sf choco. candy. It has trashed my belly. Every-time I eat sf candy I say, Never Ever Again. But then I break and throw a bag in my basket. UGH and DUMB.

That is what I ate this week......
ML you are doing great! I have been eating 1/2-a whole avacado everyday since I started the low carb phase, I love them and they keep me full!
I got a big sweet tooth this weekend and I made a peanut butter fudge recipe I got off of LCF and a no bake cheesecake from here too! Lol funny thing though the pb fudge recipe went well until the part where I had to add 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder... I am pretty sure whatever scoop the recipe inventor used was way smaller than the scoop that came in the tub of protein powder I bought (just for this recipe too!) It tasted horrible! The reviews said it was the best LC candy they had since cocoa crack.. I am judging by taste but mine was not the best anything I ever had ewww.. it went straight in the trash. I did give my dog chewy a small piece since he waited for some the whole time I was making it!
anyway story #2.. no bake LC cheesecake. I made this with a nut crust. Crushed walnuts and pecans with melted butter. I saw butter and... the next step was mix softened cream cheese until smooth. I somehow thought a stick of butter went in there at this point. Read the directions to see what went next and added Artificial sweetner. Then realized butter was NOT supposed to be in there at all! So I am thinking.. I add double of everything else on the recipe and spread it on the nut crust and put it in the fridge.
Oh lord it was so bad! I also remembered I forgot to add vanilla! It was a disaster! I swear ladies I am usually a pretty good cook but this was horrrible!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #953
Blabbermouth!!!

I too am going to try to get some of them Spanx. They said it helps keep you from gaining. Hoping Santa is good to me this year.

Maintenance, yes Linda I have done that very same thing time and time again. Get to a great weight and think this one time will be alright.

Portion control is that ever elusive Key!

Cathleen we all miss you sweet friend.

Marylouise
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #954
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ML you are doing great! I have been eating 1/2-a whole avacado everyday since I started the low carb phase, I love them and they keep me full!
I got a big sweet tooth this weekend and I made a peanut butter fudge recipe I got off of LCF and a no bake cheesecake from here too! Lol funny thing though the pb fudge recipe went well until the part where I had to add 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder... I am pretty sure whatever scoop the recipe inventor used was way smaller than the scoop that came in the tub of protein powder I bought (just for this recipe too!) It tasted horrible! The reviews said it was the best LC candy they had since cocoa crack.. I am judging by taste but mine was not the best anything I ever had ewww.. it went straight in the trash. I did give my dog chewy a small piece since he waited for some the whole time I was making it!
anyway story #2.. no bake LC cheesecake. I made this with a nut crust. Crushed walnuts and pecans with melted butter. I saw butter and... the next step was mix softened cream cheese until smooth. I somehow thought a stick of butter went in there at this point. Read the directions to see what went next and added Artificial sweetner. Then realized butter was NOT supposed to be in there at all! So I am thinking.. I add double of everything else on the recipe and spread it on the nut crust and put it in the fridge.
Oh lord it was so bad! I also remembered I forgot to add vanilla! It was a disaster! I swear ladies I am usually a pretty good cook but this was horrrible!
Maybe the part in our mind we have no control over helped save you from all that you made. Had it been yummy you may have binged on it.

I hope you did not give Chewy any choco.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #955
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Maybe the part in our mind we have no control over helped save you from all that you made. Had it been yummy you may have binged on it.

I hope you did not give Chewy any choco.
No It didn't have any chocolate
Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #956
Blabbermouth!!!

Chewy waited and it was good he got to taste your attempt....You said fudge and I just assumed it had choco in it.
Shanan you look so happy.......
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #957
Senior LCF Member

Nope just peanut butter, butter, splenda, and vanilla whey protein powder..

Today I ate my lunch early I had 1 avacado, 2 cheese hotdogs and 1/4 cup of sour cream. I was just going to eat the avacado for a snack and ended up eating it all. Hopefully I don't get hungry later. I was making eggs but I don't like them cold the cheese hotdogs are easy to throw in for lunch.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #958
Blabbermouth!!!

D. got some more avocado's last night. Shanan are you eating them as is? This is new food for me. I have ate the dip from them before but never just as is. I am finding I like them better ice cold. I also mashed the first one up and ate it with the veggie chip I got this month. But they are not strong in taste. Do you fix them any special way?

I have never tried protein whey. Are you eating the Natural pb? I was eating it but I have no control with pb. So I stopped buying it. I do love it though!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #959
Senior LCF Member

Wow all those avacados. They are really costly here unless I get them in a mesh bag at Costco. They are a bit small so for DH salad use two. I also top eggs with them. I love them but not right now.

I want to be 140 and then 135 to regulate my up and down issues. Hopefully by next June. I am 5' 6", maybe a little less. You know you shrink as you get older.

I have no control with so many foods. I actually have PB and Almond butter in the frig for the kids but didn't think about it until now!!! I get into the nuts DH eats and the protein bars.

DH has protein whey in the house.

Prayers continued for Cathleen. I wish I had her phone number. So worried.

Linda
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #960
Senior LCF Member

ML I just cut them in half and use a spoon to get them out. I just throw the 2 halves in a little container to take in my lunch cooler. I just eat them as is. I never have really been one of those people that salt food on my plate. I do salt food when I cook it but the only foods I put salt directly on are eggs, cottage cheese, and watermelon or cantaloupe. I like guacamole too but haven't tried to make it yet since I like them plain just fine and they are much neater to eat in that form lol.
Linda hi! Funnily enough I haven't looked at the avacado price once! I've been buying the haas ones seperately 4 or 5 at a time the past 2 weeks too. I should pay attention. But I would buy them anyway probably, they are keeping my fat ratios up.