Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #901
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
ML, I can't stand avocados, but my dear old man loves them, so I fix them up for him all the time.
I have tried and tried to like them but they are just not for me.
I am "going home again"
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #902
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
ML,I am so happy for you! What a dream to have all my clothes be too big! Right now I would like to just be able to fit into them all!One of these days it will happen I just have to stay the course
Ml,we are in the process of refinancing our home and the wheels move so slow Our new rate was locked in for 90 days and I think it's getting close to that so I hope they get it finished before then
Heather,I use to raise bunnies when I was young and I got too many but they were so sweet.I came home from school one day and caught my dad killing some for dinner! I was VERY traumatized and of course I would not eat them We gave the rest of them away.
OH gosh! Thats horrible! My no meat eating 8 yr. grand daughter asked me to please dont kill the chickens we gona get for the eggs and told her to not worry her sweet head about that. Grandma been there done that and ant going back!

We are getting our new home financed thru our bank right now. Should close in Jan. The rates are high but we had no where else to try. No one will finance it for us except our bank. But as fast as possible we will be paying it off. Got to get that house in Tennessee sold! ASAP! DH and me will for sure be losing weigh until it does sell!!!!

And yes it sure feels like a DREAM! But it antttttttttttttttt
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #903
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
ML, I can't stand avocados, but my dear old man loves them, so I fix them up for him all the time.
I have tried and tried to like them but they are just not for me.
I am "going home again"
okdokie....me too

this is fun....and me loves the little green things!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #904
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather at first I was very worried about how I would react to the feel more than the taste of the green jewel's.I was in for a true pleasure and I am so thankful I over came my fear of distaste for the green treasure! There is just one thing.

It must be cold and it must be fresh. Not hours old. Fresh washed and cut, cold avocado. I also sprinkled a little sea salt on it.

The meat reminds me of velvet.
I went on and ate a whole one early today. I cut it into blocks and gently poured out 5 teas. of Rotel {yes} cheese dip on top of the cut up blocks. 5 teas. is not much but I can not eat much! It is the way it is. I did this to myself. It is all my own fault and I embrace the whole truth. I did this to Marylouise.

Not the choco factory.
Not the Mall porcorn.
Not even my own mama's kitchen table.
I did this to myself.
I have had many chances to fix myself before it was too late.
It so far was not too late to fix me but, somethings will never ever be the same again.

I did it to myself. I own it. I own it forever and a day............................................... ..
Old 12-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #905
Major LCF Poster!

I think you did good ML.
Your are right you could have had so may other really bad things.
I believe that everyday I don't eat toast with butter and honey I win.
That was one of my favorite treats.
I have not had any wheat since May 24, 2011!

You have nothing to feel bad about and everything to feel proud of!

I need good thoughts and prayers today!

My DH's car had over 2 hundred thousand miles on it and we have to take it for a smog test this evening. If it doesn't pass I don't know what we will do!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #906
Blabbermouth!!!

continued:::::::but sometimes things can be batched back. Remember how long I was gone...I can do this....I am a very strong in strength, and very strong willed human being. I can {wear} highhills highhills
And in my mind I have came, back home again for life.. I am working on putting my 2 sweet sons, my sweet wonderful daughters, that love my sons so so so much!, life back into zinkkkk
Yep me can and will fix this.....
Old 12-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #907
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I think you did good ML.

My DH's car had over 2 hundred thousand miles on it and we have to take it for a smog test this evening. If it doesn't pass I don't know what we will do!
:apra yer:
Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #908
Blabbermouth!!!

Nether have me......

this will NEVER whip me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me in it for life. I am a LIFE~ER!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forever and a DAY!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #909
Blabbermouth!!!

but sometimes things can be patched back. Remember how long I was gone...I can do this....I am a very strong in strength, and very strong willed human being. I can {wear} those highhills {again} highhills

Quote , corrected form a post I posted.

Last edited by marylouise; 12-06-2012 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: added word...........................................................................................
Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #910
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and highhills is spelled correctly.....
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #911
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I think you did good ML.

And when you get closer to pr-maintenance, if you need help I will help you all I can, I promise!

Got to go to bed. Love everyone, and sweet thin dreams

Louie
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #912
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry but must stay signed in. My porch light is a welcoming sight to me when I come here. Feel great for the Welcome home sign...or something like that...sometimes I ramble. Pay me no mind!
nite really this time......
Old 12-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #913
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathleen nite nite.......I hope you are as right as a good raining day. Had on of them wonderful spirit sweet smelling non- depression days! Rain rain come back again and again.

Linda I hate you didnt get to come say hi.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #914
Major LCF Poster!

Good night ML!

His car did not pass so we have to try again on Saturday.
With him putting so many miles on his car we do not want to get a newer one right now.
Disappointed but we will muddle through some how.

Sweet dreams all!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 AM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Morning,everyone I FINALLY hit 10 lbs this morning! Of course it took me 10 weeks to do it but that 10 lbs of fat is NEVER coming back I haven't had much of an appetite lately.Maybe it's from being sick or the stress of getting ready to travel but whatever it is I'll take it
Heather, you and I like the same treat! I love toast with butter and honey I also do not care for avocado I have tried several different ways to eat them and my DD1 loves them but I just don't care for them They have a lot of fat in them but it's the good fat I'm sorry you dh's car didn't pass inspection I don't have that here in my little townmaybe it won't cost too much to fix it Why does it seem like everything happens around the Holidays? Maybe it's just because we are short of money from buying other stuff we wouldn't normally be spending money on
My Dh is about to ROAST me! He got up cold and has turned up the heat and I'm so hot! I told him to put some more clothes on!I'm sitting here at the kitchen table with the window open!
How you doing Shannan? Did you start JUDD?
Linda,hope things are going smoothly for you
Cathleen,I hope and pray that you are doing better
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #916
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Morning friends!! ML you are doing great I am so proud of all you have accomplished and will continue to do! Just think soon you will be out of that bus and in your own home again!
Cathleen and Linda we miss you and continue to pray you are well and good.
awe Heather that stinks about the car, yes when it rains it pours sometimes!!
Harley Gma!! Whooooo! Congrats on the losses! I am sure you will continue once your settled. No I am not doing Juddd right now, I am on PHase3 which is low carb. I am going to load again on christmas eve, christmas day and the day after and then go back on HCG for 1 more round until I get to goal. Then I have to do 3 weeks of p3 low carb again then I will start juddd to use for maintenance. And excercise. I am sure I will always have to watch what I eat, since I have lost 35-40lbs twice doing low carb in the past and slowly but surely regained it back. I feel like juddd will let me maintain and have the freedom to ocasionally eat the things I can't while on low carb.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #917
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
G-ma hope I am not too late to wish you a great trip. Sounds like fun but be careful of the holiday rushing drivers. DH wants to buy some type of RV. The Elks Lodge has a camper group that travels to various locations once a month during the summer fall and spring months. Problem is they all start drinking at noon. I don't drink at all or play cards either. Ed likes to be near the water and some locations don't have that. So not sure what he wants to do. With everything going on right now he has not spoken about it lately. You will be gone through the summer??? I guess Texas is like Cali really hot summers.

ML I cut up the avacados and put them in salad. DH loves a big salad nightly. I have been buying clothes as I lose so I don't have to replace all at once. You are amazing. How much do you intend to lose. You know I have always been scared fo the maintenance part. Wow on the move next month. The time flew by. Hope Cricket is better. My last liver test was a little off. I had to increase my Lipitor to 80 mg. That's the one thing that was never helped by this plan, my cholesterol. Now the PCP has to decide what to do. However the Oncologist visit was good and after next June only have to go every 6 months.

OK next page

A bunny show, how fabulous. Enjoy Heather.
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #918
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
I posted from my phone yesterday and it is not here!!!! I posted about ML weight loss and that she was having difficulty gettting on the site. Sorry.

Heather sorry about the car. We have a van with 225,000 miles on it. DH repairs and maintains all the cars so I am lucky that way. Once a car failed but it was the gas cap and that was an easy fix.

Shanan in the same post I asked you about the plan more specificially, like a book and where do you get the drops. What are the drops exactly???Glad you are doing so well.

Cathleen thinking about you. Come say hello so we know everything is OK. Love you.

BIL has not used any of the bariactric medical equip we were told to purchase so I am going to try and return them today.He is using the regular walker with wheels. I don't think the walker purchased would fit through the bathroom door at either house. Still waiting for the MRI to be scheduled on his arm. Not much strength is returning and I fear that it will never return. He is really upset about that to say the least. However the OT taught him how to dress himself using a pick stick. Amazing. I think after the test he will move in with us for awhile. DH still woring on the 1940's house with an issue popping up every day. Dry wall up finally in bathroom and then the tile. Whew, it is a big job. I wonder if I will ever get my last room finished in our home. AND he is also working on DD2 car. I have to go get gaskets for it today.

G-ma way to go. Listen 10 lbs is 10 lbs and that is a lot to lose. Proud of you. DH and i have the opposite problem. I am always freezing. When we got our last new car DH got heated seats in the front and each side has it's own air/heat temps. Love my Honda Pilot!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay on whatever plan you are following.

Love and hugs, Linda
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #919
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
Morning,everyone I FINALLY hit 10 lbs this morning! Of course it took me 10 weeks to do it but that 10 lbs of fat is NEVER coming back I haven't had much of an appetite lately.Maybe it's from being sick or the stress of getting ready to travel but whatever it is I'll take it
Heather, you and I like the same treat! I love toast with butter and honey I also do not care for avocado I have tried several different ways to eat them and my DD1 loves them but I just don't care for them They have a lot of fat in them but it's the good fat I'm sorry you dh's car didn't pass inspection I don't have that here in my little townmaybe it won't cost too much to fix it Why does it seem like everything happens around the Holidays? Maybe it's just because we are short of money from buying other stuff we wouldn't normally be spending money on
My Dh is about to ROAST me! He got up cold and has turned up the heat and I'm so hot! I told him to put some more clothes on!I'm sitting here at the kitchen table with the window open!
How you doing Shannan? Did you start JUDD?
Linda,hope things are going smoothly for you
Cathleen,I hope and pray that you are doing better
I'm gona buy mine some insulated drawers and sew them to him!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #920
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good night ML!

His car did not pass so we have to try again on Saturday.
With him putting so many miles on his car we do not want to get a newer one right now.
Disappointed but we will muddle through some how.

Sweet dreams all!
Calif. has stick rules about emission don't they. We no longer have inspection either!

Try taking a small vacuum line off and it will change emissions and could make it pass. It will make it run different. It will have a miss. Be sure to put it back after it has passed, if it passes it. He also said you can carry it through as many times as it takes, in Tennessee.

My DH was saying all of this and I was typing as fast as I could. He is a mechanic.

Heather I hope this helps.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #921
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Morning friends!! ML you are doing great I am so proud of all you have accomplished and will continue to do! Just think soon you will be out of that bus and in your own home again!
Cathleen and Linda we miss you and continue to pray you are well and good.
awe Heather that stinks about the car, yes when it rains it pours sometimes!!
Harley Gma!! Whooooo! Congrats on the losses! I am sure you will continue once your settled. No I am not doing Juddd right now, I am on PHase3 which is low carb. I am going to load again on christmas eve, christmas day and the day after and then go back on HCG for 1 more round until I get to goal. Then I have to do 3 weeks of p3 low carb again then I will start juddd to use for maintenance. And exercise. I am sure I will always have to watch what I eat, since I have lost 35-40lbs twice doing low carb in the past and slowly but surely regained it back. I feel like juddd will let me maintain and have the freedom to occasionally eat the things I can't while on low carb.
When I do get out of this bus ya'll will hear me scream all the way around the coast line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I do have my own Home Again!!!! As soon as I get that first mail in the box I will be a very happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpjoy :
Old 12-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #922
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
G-ma hope I am not too late to wish you a great trip. Sounds like fun but be careful of the holiday rushing drivers. DH wants to buy some type of RV. The Elks Lodge has a camper group that travels to various locations once a month during the summer fall and spring months. Problem is they all start drinking at noon. I don't drink at all or play cards either. Ed likes to be near the water and some locations don't have that. So not sure what he wants to do. With everything going on right now he has not spoken about it lately. You will be gone through the summer??? I guess Texas is like Cali really hot summers.

ML I cut up the avacados and put them in salad. DH loves a big salad nightly. I have been buying clothes as I lose so I don't have to replace all at once. You are amazing. How much do you intend to lose. You know I have always been scared fo the maintenance part. Wow on the move next month. The time flew by. Hope Cricket is better. My last liver test was a little off. I had to increase my Lipitor to 80 mg. That's the one thing that was never helped by this plan, my cholesterol. Now the PCP has to decide what to do. However the Oncologist visit was good and after next June only have to go every 6 months.

OK next page

A bunny show, how fabulous. Enjoy Heather.
I intend to lose until H says, thats enough!
And I will not take statins. For me they do more harm than good. My body needs all the air it can get. Please take CoQ10!!!!!!!!

The drops Shanan is taking is a pg. woman's hormones. You can't take them. You are on a blocker.....

Last edited by marylouise; 12-07-2012 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: added thought~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #923
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
I posted from my phone yesterday and it is not here!!!! I posted about ML weight loss and that she was having difficulty gettting on the site. Sorry.

Heather sorry about the car. We have a van with 225,000 miles on it. DH repairs and maintains all the cars so I am lucky that way. Once a car failed but it was the gas cap and that was an easy fix.

Shanan in the same post I asked you about the plan more specificially, like a book and where do you get the drops. What are the drops exactly???Glad you are doing so well.

Cathleen thinking about you. Come say hello so we know everything is OK. Love you.

BIL has not used any of the bariactric medical equip we were told to purchase so I am going to try and return them today.He is using the regular walker with wheels. I don't think the walker purchased would fit through the bathroom door at either house. Still waiting for the MRI to be scheduled on his arm. Not much strength is returning and I fear that it will never return. He is really upset about that to say the least. However the OT taught him how to dress himself using a pick stick. Amazing. I think after the test he will move in with us for awhile. DH still woring on the 1940's house with an issue popping up every day. Dry wall up finally in bathroom and then the tile. Whew, it is a big job. I wonder if I will ever get my last room finished in our home. AND he is also working on DD2 car. I have to go get gaskets for it today.

G-ma way to go. Listen 10 lbs is 10 lbs and that is a lot to lose. Proud of you. DH and i have the opposite problem. I am always freezing. When we got our last new car DH got heated seats in the front and each side has it's own air/heat temps. Love my Honda Pilot!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay on whatever plan you are following.

Love and hugs, Linda
I sure wish I could understand why post disappear? Weird! Thank you Linda for trying.
:h ugs:
Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #924
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
I intend to lose until H says, thats enough!
And I will not take statins. For me they do more harm than good. My body needs all the air it can get. Please take CoQ10!!!!!!!!

The drops Shanan is taking is a pg. woman's hormones. You can't take them. You are on a blocker.....
What kind of blocker?
The drops are a hormone that is produced when pregnant, but it is a small small percentage of what is produced by the body when you really are pregnant. I have never heard of anyone not being able to take them because of a med.
there is a document online called Pounds and inches written by the doctor who developed the diet/drops and researched it back in the 50's I think. Just type It in. They sell intemountain brand drops here, I got mine somewhere else.
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #925
Senior LCF Member

Linda how much weight do you have to lose? If its only a little they don't recommend it.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #926
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Shanan Linda is on a hormone blocker.....
Old 12-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #927
Major LCF Poster!

Hi you all!!!
I am back!!
Had a very busy day.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #928
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Calif. has stick rules about emission don't they. We no longer have inspection either!

Try taking a small vacuum line off and it will change emissions and could make it pass. It will make it run different. It will have a miss. Be sure to put it back after it has passed, if it passes it. He also said you can carry it through as many times as it takes, in Tennessee.

My DH was saying all of this and I was typing as fast as I could. He is a mechanic.

Heather I hope this helps.
Yep, there are strict but the air sure is easer to breath!
Thanks so much for these suggestions!!!!
I will show them to DH when he gets home!!

The guy at the smog testing station said to drive the car for about 30 miles and then bring it in and try again. We have decided that if it does not pass we are willing to put some money into it....don't want to get an other car right now.
Just one of life's many bumps!!!

I had an other cramp free night last night!!!!!
Slept very well....thank you jem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ML, I can wait till you move into your new home, how wonderful that is going to be!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #929
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
What kind of blocker?
The drops are a hormone that is produced when pregnant, but it is a small small percentage of what is produced by the body when you really are pregnant. I have never heard of anyone not being able to take them because of a med.
there is a document online called Pounds and inches written by the doctor who developed the diet/drops and researched it back in the 50's I think. Just type It in. They sell intemountain brand drops here, I got mine somewhere else.
Hi SL
With all the weight you have lost they sound great.
Have you had any negative side effects?
How do you take them?
Are they expensive?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #930
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi SL
With all the weight you have lost they sound great.
Have you had any negative side effects?
How do you take them?
Are they expensive?
No negative side effects but some good ones; energy and less moodiness.
there's different kinds; drops, pellets and rx injections. I did drops they came with a small spray bottle I was told to spray 3 sprays under the tounge 3xs a day.
mine was 59.99. But I didn't shop around I just went to a supplement store and got them.