Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #871
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
Hi,Jem How are you doing? Heather,Jem was talking about a motorcycle I celebrated xmas at my Dd1's today since we aren't going to be here and now I feel like it is over! I'm mailing Dd2 and her kids stuff tomorrow Everything is done! My Dd1 got me a kindle for one of my presents! She always goes overboard.I haven't even really looked at it good but it does ALOT of stuff.It even has a camera.I guess i will figure it all out She also got me a Keurig coffeemaker.I don't even drink coffee but I'm going to try some of the flavored ones and she got me some hot chocolate and apple cider.I'll have to watch the calories and carbs
A Kindle!!!!
How wonderful, you are really going to enjoy that!!!
I have had mine for about a year and once I got used to it I really Love it!
Mine is the most simple kind. She sure takes care of you!
When do you hit the road?
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #872
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Heather, I am packing today and we leave for Alabama in the morning to pick up the camper.We will stay 1 night there and hit the road for Texas on Sat. I hate this part of it,it makes me so nervous We have a 40 ft fifth wheel that Dh will pull and I will follow in our other truck pulling a 4 wheeler(they use it on the job) I have two dogs and a cat to take and the dogs travel really well and the cat does too actually in her carrier but I worry about letting her out to use the litter box and we are going to have to since we plan on traveling about 10 hrs the first day. I ALWAYS worry when Dh is pulling the camper as their are so many crazy drivers on the road and they pull in front of you and slam on brakes and it's like a semi,you can't stop fast.I am behind him so I see it all! I am a nervous wreck when we finally get where we are goingThere are so many pipeliners in Texas right now that all the campgrounds where we are going are full with a waiting list of 80 people each! So,one lady told me to check on craigslist and I found a place that use to be a big open pasture that has been converted for rv'sWe don't care as long as we have water,elect,and sewer. We got the LAST 2 spots! I'm sure it will be hot as heck if we are still there in the summer.NO shade at all! These land owners love it as they make a killing after the initial setup.At 500.00 a month 40 spots would be 20,000.00 a month they are taking in I'm looking forward to spending some time in Texas.Dh and I love the west and loves his cowboy boots and stetsons
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Quote:
Heather, I am packing today and we leave for Alabama in the morning to pick up the camper.We will stay 1 night there and hit the road for Texas on Sat. I hate this part of it,it makes me so nervous We have a 40 ft fifth wheel that Dh will pull and I will follow in our other truck pulling a 4 wheeler(they use it on the job) I have two dogs and a cat to take and the dogs travel really well and the cat does too actually in her carrier but I worry about letting her out to use the litter box and we are going to have to since we plan on traveling about 10 hrs the first day. I ALWAYS worry when Dh is pulling the camper as their are so many crazy drivers on the road and they pull in front of you and slam on brakes and it's like a semi,you can't stop fast.I am behind him so I see it all! I am a nervous wreck when we finally get where we are goingThere are so many pipeliners in Texas right now that all the campgrounds where we are going are full with a waiting list of 80 people each! So,one lady told me to check on craigslist and I found a place that use to be a big open pasture that has been converted for rv'sWe don't care as long as we have water,elect,and sewer. We got the LAST 2 spots! I'm sure it will be hot as heck if we are still there in the summer.NO shade at all! These land owners love it as they make a killing after the initial setup.At 500.00 a month 40 spots would be 20,000.00 a month they are taking in I'm looking forward to spending some time in Texas.Dh and I love the west and loves his cowboy boots and stetsons
I am praying for a safe trip for you both! it will be an adventure it sounds like! be super safe you are right the road is full of crazy drivers!
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #874
Major LCF Poster!

harley g-ma
Sounds like a huge production!
I once drove a moving truck from LA to Seattle with a two year old and 4 cats.
I had my Dear Old Mom was with me and she was a huge help. My husband was driving a truck right in front of me.....we only got separated once.....this was before cell phones.
I now look back at the trip fondly but at the time it was tough. The cats survived ok.
We would stop and let them out of their carriers every once in a while.
4 years later we went back the other way!!!!
I to will be praying you have a safe trip!
Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers and stretch your legs!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #875
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Sorry weight wrong.....

156.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Update on weight.
New all time low!
154.8......Yesterday!

My connect messed up yesterday and I am just now able to get back on line!
I was so excited I was about to explode and then when I could not get on line all day I was like NO!!! I have to tell my friends! I asked Linda to tell ya'll if she had time yesterday but she had to go to a doctor appt. and she must have not had time to come tell ya'll.

This connect may mess up again and if ya'll don't see me it is because of that!
Going back to read. Ya'll send me good vibes I can stay on line!
I did not log out of LCF because I have had trouble logging in. Been so busy can not fix problem yet.
So you guys know if yall dont see me it is not because I ant trying to be here. I love yall and it made me sick not being able to be here yesterday!

I am almost scared to weigh today But I know I didn't dream what I saw yesterday!!!:j umpjoy:

marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #876
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Update on weight.
New all time low!
154.8......Yesterday!

My connect messed up yesterday and I am just now able to get back on line!
I was so excited I was about to explode and then when I could not get on line all day I was like NO!!! I have to tell my friends! I asked Linda to tell ya'll if she had time yesterday but she had to go to a doctor appt. and she must have not had time to come tell ya'll.

This connect may mess up again and if ya'll don't see me it is because of that!
Going back to read. Ya'll send me good vibes I can stay on line!
I did not log out of LCF because I have had trouble logging in. Been so busy can not fix problem yet.
So you guys know if yall dont see me it is not because I ant trying to be here. I love yall and it made me sick not being able to be here yesterday!

I am almost scared to weigh today But I know I didn't dream what I saw yesterday!!!:j umpjoy:

I am sooooooo happy for you ML!!!!!!!!
you are doing fantastic!!!!!!

This is wonderful.........you really could be below 150 by Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #877
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather I am so glad you are here!!I just love getting this weigh loss right!

Heather what am I looking at in your new Avatar? I see the brown rabbit but what is the other beautifl animal. A rabbit / deer?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #878
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your connection stays connected ML!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #879
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Heather I am so glad you are here!!I just love getting this weigh loss right!

Heather what am I looking at in your new Avatar? I see the brown rabbit but what is the other beautifl animal. A rabbit / deer?
It is a deer.....same to animals I had the last time. They became friends.
So unusual for animals of a different species to become close....I think it says a lot!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #880
Blabbermouth!!!

I see Linda's light on!!!

It sure does not look like a deer. It looks like a rabbit with a coat on to me. Very cool picture!!!

So scared any second I am going to lose connect!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #881
Senior LCF Member

Yay ML!!! Whooooooo!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #882
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I see Linda's light on!!!

It sure does not look like a deer. It looks like a rabbit with a coat on to me. Very cool picture!!!

So scared any second I am going to lose connect!!!
Did you know that rabbits and dear are actually fairly closely related on the genetic family tree!

I am sending you a "computer connection" fairy to help out!

You are so lucky to have a son who knows what he is doing when it comes to computers, when we have problems we have to run over to the Apple store...with the computer!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #883
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Hope everyone's doing well this holiday season.

I used to ride MC and even went to MC mechanic school.
After I moved back to NYC I didn't get a chance to ride much and just started seeing my riding buddies at funerals.
I never got back into it and gave up my license.
It was fun while it lasted.

Heather, I have never had relief from leg cramps w mg and always have to take potassium.
Nice thing is, you need very little. Just start w the 99mg dose. Easy and cheap.

ML, have you moved or is that next month?
Jem!

It is next month. DH and I are just now talking about what all he has to do today for the things the bank needs!
They are moving earlier than they said at first but still want to wait till the new year to close. We may be moving in in Jan. or Feb. I hope Jan.

But just knowing it is soon to be ours is all I need right now.
Cricket is not well yet from the liver problem.
Took her to vet yesterday and he did labs again.
One was good. All numbers are normal and the other has gotten worse. He said if she beats this he will give her all of her vac. she is needing. Parvo is my biggest fear. He said she can NOT go outside until she has her shots and he can not give them to her because of her liver. My sweet dog may not beat this and last night I think I finally have figured out what happened.

Before I went LC I checked my BS many times a day. I turn my back for a second and she has snatched an alcohol pad! She got too many for me to remember.

I am praying her liver can heal itself!!!!!

If I had the money I would go as far as I needed to see she fully has a chance to recover from this. I am as positive as I can be as this is what has happened to my sweet blond dog.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #884
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Yay ML!!! Whooooooo!
Its great!!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #885
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Did you know that rabbits and dear are actually fairly closely related on the genetic family tree!

I am sending you a "computer connection" fairy to help out!

You are so lucky to have a son who knows what he is doing when it comes to computers, when we have problems we have to run over to the Apple store...with the computer!
Yes he does know and can do, but he is overwhelmed right now. He has PC's coming out of his ears.
This time of the year I of course very busy for everyone. He has to have the for the year tax thingie ready for Jan. so everyone can file taxes. He wrote a new program earlier this year to deal with all of that and has issues. But now it is, keeping fingers crossed, working fine.

I have been studying your picture and for the life of me I do not see the deer.

It still looks like a rabbit with a coat on too me

Grabbing that connect fairy!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Last edited by marylouise; 12-06-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #886
Blabbermouth!!!

I am wondering if eating a whole Avocado is too much at one time?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #887
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Your sweet daughter gave you a Kindle!! WOW!

BE SAFE!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #888
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes he does know and can do, but he is overwhelmed right now. He has PC's coming out of his ears.
This time of the year I of course very busy for everyone. He has to have the for the year tax thingie ready for Jan. so everyone can file taxes. He wrote a new program earlier this year to deal with all of that and has issues. But now it is, keeping fingers crossed, working fine.

I have been studying your picture and for the life of me I do not see the deer.

It still looks like a rabbit with a coat on too me

Works for me ML!!!
I am going to a bunny Christmas party saturday!
It is in support of our local bunny shelter.
They do so much good for our dear little fur friends.

My family is so nuts about them that everyone wants to go!
Even my 21 year old son and my DH!
Of course we will be bringing Toby and Beauty....our beloved rabbits!
Don't have any deers though
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #889
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathleen please let us know you are okay? SOOOOOOOO worried about you!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #890
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am wondering if eating a whole Avocado is too much at one time?
I kinda think so.
Try a half first and wait a while and see if you need the rest.
Did you know that if you leave the seed in the let over half it will help keep the avocado from turning black!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #891
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Works for me ML!!!
I am going to a bunny Christmas party saturday!
It is in support of our local bunny shelter.
They do so much good for our dear little fur friends.

My family is so nuts about them that everyone wants to go!
Even my 21 year old son and my DH!
Of course we will be bringing Toby and Beauty....our beloved rabbits!
Don't have any deers though
Yesterday I was writing to you and bamm I went to send and it went into cyber world all the way past the stars!

I almost saw stars for sure! I can post the words to how upset I was!

I have a wireless lap top and can not afford to use it!

That bunny Christmas party sounds cool!!!!

I have no clothes that fit me! :jump joy:: jumpjoy:
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #892
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yesterday I was writing to you and bamm I went to send and it went into cyber world all the way past the stars!

I almost saw stars for sure! I can post the words to how upset I was!

I have a wireless lap top and can not afford to use it!

That bunny Christmas party sounds cool!!!!

I have no clothes that fit me! :jump joy:: jumpjoy:
No clothes that fit!!!!!

Tell me it isn't so!!!!!!!
You are not going to join a nudist colony ML????

Congratulations!!!!!!!
You deserve it!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #893
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Hope everyone's doing well this holiday season.

I used to ride MC and even went to MC mechanic school.
After I moved back to NYC I didn't get a chance to ride much and just started seeing my riding buddies at funerals.
I never got back into it and gave up my license.
It was fun while it lasted.

Heather, I have never had relief from leg cramps w mg and always have to take potassium.
Nice thing is, you need very little. Just start w the 99mg dose. Easy and cheap.

ML, have you moved or is that next month?
I have to thank you jem!!!
I took the potassium yesterday and slept though the night with out a cramp...first time in over a week. I will continue with it and see how it goes.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #894
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I kinda think so.
Try a half first and wait a while and see if you need the rest.
Did you know that if you leave the seed in the let over half it will help keep the avocado from turning black!
No I did not know that. I found out that it taste much better right after cutting it in half. The left over half did have the seed still in it. It was hard to get the meat out of the skin. I did leave the seed attached and some parts did turn black. And getting all the green off the skin is right, right??
It was so
okdokie on the half.

Do you put anything in the meat? Or just eat it as it is?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #895
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
No clothes that fit!!!!!

Tell me it isn't so!!!!!!!
You are not going to join a nudist colony ML????

Congratulations!!!!!!!
You deserve it!!!!!!
I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so HAPPY!

And it is so! No clothes that fit!

Coming HOME AGAIN has done me a world of GOOD!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #896
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
ML I don't eat avacodos yet but DH loves them. I buy them by the bad at Costco or Trader Joes. I put a few in a bowl to ripen and the rest in the frig until I need them.

Cathleen, praying for you and sending healing, comforting thoughts.

Beck, hope you are doing well. Miss your posts

My sentiments exactly about wrapping the gifts. I used to spend a fortune on paper and bows and do all kinds of fancy designs. Then when I got sick I went to bags. This year DD said paper is more fun to unwrap so paper it is but not bows, only name tags. Heather you are right it is a chore. I take 2-3 gifts a day and wrap. My eldest Granddaughter is old enough to help put them under the tree. She is 9 but still believes in Santa. Love it.

Ed built his first Harley, long before I came on the scene. He was 16 and has been riding ever since. Thank goodness he has never gone down, but did have spills when he raced bikes. His famous story is that he went down and another bike ran over him and he had the tread marks on his back for 2 days. Motocross was what he participated in. He never had sons to follow in his footsteps. Or grandsons for that matter.

Heather I love your comment that you can't resist your own cooking. Me too. I am not a baker though. Wished I lived close to ML to take lessons on baking from scratch. I have mastered a good crust and homemade filling for Thanksgiving pies but that's it. I can pretty much cook anything else. I used to make gourmet dishes when the kids were little and the youngest used to say, "Are we having normal food tonight?" She is still a fast food junkie to this day. She does like my Mexican and Italian dishes, but that's it. Ed eats anything you put in front of him. When we met he put hot sauce on everything. I have finally convinced him that foods don't all have to taste like hot sauce. He is better now. Fortunately the eldest GD loves fish and will try anything. The little one follows suit but hasn't acquired a taste for special foods yet.

OK caught up. Love and hugs to everyone

Linda

Linda do you put anything on DH avocado??? I did sprinkle a little salt on it. But it for sure was best tastie right after cutting it open!

ME so glad everything is going great with my connect so far
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #897
Senior LCF Member

No clothes that fit is great! Lol I have to get some too. Last time I lost weight I gave away the in the middle clothes all I have are 14-16 and 8-10 I am probably needing some 11-12's now.
Heather so glad it worked and you got some sleep. Your party sounds so cute!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #898
Blabbermouth!!!

shanan we gona get it right!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #899
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
ML,I am so happy for you! What a dream to have all my clothes be too big! Right now I would like to just be able to fit into them all!One of these days it will happen I just have to stay the course
Ml,we are in the process of refinancing our home and the wheels move so slow Our new rate was locked in for 90 days and I think it's getting close to that so I hope they get it finished before then
Heather,I use to raise bunnies when I was young and I got too many but they were so sweet.I came home from school one day and caught my dad killing some for dinner! I was VERY tramatized and of course I would not eat them We gave the rest of them away.
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #900
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ML,I am so happy for you! What a dream to have all my clothes be too big! Right now I would like to just be able to fit into them all!One of these days it will happen I just have to stay the course
Ml,we are in the process of refinancing our home and the wheels move so slow Our new rate was locked in for 90 days and I think it's getting close to that so I hope they get it finished before then
Heather,I use to raise bunnies when I was young and I got too many but they were so sweet.I came home from school one day and caught my dad killing some for dinner! I was VERY tramatized and of course I would not eat them We gave the rest of them away.
Oh my, that would kill me.
I understand some people eat them and as hard as it is for me, I respect that.....but not pet bunnies!

I am with you "stay the course".
Eventually it will start happening for us too!