Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #841
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Are yall watching the Blake Shelton:jumpjo y: Christmas Special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jum pjoy: :jump joy::sin g:
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #842
Blabbermouth!!!

Yall Cathleen fell down 3 days ago.
She is in a lot of pain. Hurt her back and her legs.

Cathleen I am a hoping you dont get upset with me telling our circle of friends.
Yall pray for Cathleen. It has been about 24 hours since I heard from her last. She said it hurts too much to sit at her computer and I am so worried about you, Cathleen.
If we all pray for her she will get well faster!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #843
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
ML i wasnt scared of the drops i was scared of the actual food on the diet lol! It seemed so restrictive and low calorie when i read the list of what to eat. I really have to say it was pretty easy once i got used to planning ahead. And i had alot of energy. The drops really are just a hormone your body naturally makes anyway it just makes you burn fat and is very similar to ketosis. I learned alot about portion control too. Now today i am at 165.9 lbs. Down 20.5 lbs on hcg and 28.1 total. Today is my first low carb phase 3 day. I premade a sausage, egg and cheese casserole in muffin tins and meatloaf with onions and eggs and spices in muffin tins. I took 1 of each for lunch and half an avacado and a low carb eas shake and 3 oz of chicken just in case im hungry. The drops should be out of my system today so i will be fighting hunger until i get in ketosis. I just got a coffee with h&h to fill up some since i dont usually eat my snack until 9:30. It worked i feel pretty full.
Shanan I bought my first Avocado today! I have ate the dip at Mex. places but my first bite of a fresh one. I am so glad I got 10 of THEM!!!!
I have them in the fridge. Is this the best way to keep them???? The produce lady said they come in to the store chilled. They have some chilled and some in the center at room temp. Man it was so good! I got some veggie chips too!

The drops are from pg. women. That is my fear.

But I am very happy for you!:hug s:
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #844
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
Hi everyone I've had a lot going on and haven't been able to get to a computer. I went to stay with my Dd Friday to help out(she broke her foot)and came home yesterday with the flu! I've been in bed for two days.I'm feeling a little better now.I just found out that we are going to Texas for Dh's job and we have to be there on MONDAY! Yikes, I have a million things to do and all my plans are messed up I was planning on going to Fl.to see 2 of my Dd's and take their presents and now they will have to be mailed and I will have to take DD1's to her tomorrow night or Wed. I haven't even finished shopping for them yet Nothing is wrapped I really thought since he has been laid off since Sept.it would be be Jan.before he got called back. It will take two days to get there so we will have to leave Thursday at the latest. We have to pick our camper up in AL.but at least thats on the way. This will be the first time I have been away from home at xmas but it's too far to come back at least we had a nice family dinner on Thanksgiving.
WOW!Shanan, you have really kicked butt on the hcg! I hope you can stabilize now for awhile so it will stay off!
Linda,it sounds like your life is trying to settle down some.I hope you are getting to rest some
Heather,all the veggies sound good but the only pumpkin I like is a pumpkin roll with cream cheese! My friend makes one that tastes like carrot cake
ML,yes my hair is still long.Dh likes it but I'm like you,I get tired of it sometimes.That picture is about 2 yrs old. The tattoo is a butterfly with a tiger face. I got it more than 10 years ago and still like it.The guy did it free hand so there's not another one just like it. I have several tats but they can all be covered if I don't want them to show You know I'm a biker chick!

Me 2
So is Linda!

David built us a trike way back in the 70's. And we have been riding since we got married. He grew up on one. The one he built in the 70's he took chairs out of the kitchen and mounted them on the trike We rode the heck out of it, rain or shine! Boy those were great times!

He built another one several years ago. He had bought a Gold Wing, used. And it went down on him one day while I was in town. When I got back he had it across the road at a friends and he was striping it down! I was like WHAT are you doing. He said I am putting another wheel on this thing! I even learned to ride it alone! He wants another one but I am too old! And he is in too much forever pain! And I have a panic disorder. And it ant happening. I stopped taking Valium several years ago and I dont want back on the junk! It makes you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hungry! UGH!

Great memories is all I want now. Not my hair so tangled it takes me days to brush it out. Don't have a tat but always have wanted one or two

YOU better get to work.
Bad and Sad yall cant be with your daughters on Christmas. Do you have grand kids. I'm sorry but I can't remember.
BE SAFE!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
ML, I have 4 g-kids but they are grown 2 in college,1 going for her masters in the spring and 1 engaged to be married! Christmas is my DD1's favorite time of the year.She decorates like the Griswalds in "Christmas Vacation" I'll be in our camper this year so I may put up a small tree
I'm sorry to hear about Cathleen I will say some prayers for her
I am feeling better today but not 100% It dosen't matter because I have a zillon things to do and they have to get done.I should have had the presents wrapped already but I was too lazy
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #846
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Yall Cathleen fell down 3 days ago.
She is in a lot of pain. Hurt her back and her legs.

Cathleen I am a hoping you dont get upset with me telling our circle of friends.
Yall pray for Cathleen. It has been about 24 hours since I heard from her last. She said it hurts too much to sit at her computer and I am so worried about you, Cathleen.
If we all pray for her she will get well faster!
I am so sorry Cathleen!!
Hope you are doing OK!
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #847
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
ML, I have 4 g-kids but they are grown 2 in college,1 going for her masters in the spring and 1 engaged to be married! Christmas is my DD1's favorite time of the year.She decorates like the Griswalds in "Christmas Vacation" I'll be in our camper this year so I may put up a small tree
I'm sorry to hear about Cathleen I will say some prayers for her
I am feeling better today but not 100% It dosen't matter because I have a zillon things to do and they have to get done.I should have had the presents wrapped already but I was too lazy
4 grown grand kids. WoW

Harley gona be a great grandma before you know it!

I use to love to wrap. Not so much anymore. You sure have a lot to do to get ready to hit that road. Get-er-done and be safe. The interstates are packed around here. I-40 is horrible behind us.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #848
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
I am so sorry Cathleen!!
Hope you are doing OK!
Hi Heather it is good to see you, real good.

I am having a little bit of a problem logging on. Maybe I need to reset my password or something. Several months ago this happened.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #849
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Heather it is good to see you, real good.

I am having a little bit of a problem logging on. Maybe I need to reset my password or something. Several months ago this happened.
Hi ML!!!!
Good to see you!!!
Hope you are able to work out the bug!!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #850
Major LCF Poster!

Oh boy ML, do I know how you feel about wrapping gifts!
It has become such a chore!
I am really going to try to get it done early this year, that really lowers my Christmas stress level.
I have decided that I will not be baking any Christmas cookies this year.
I always make shortbread cookies but I think I would rather just purchase a few special treats for the kids.
It will be less stress on me and I do find it more difficult to resist my own cooking.
I plan to stick 100% on plan.
How about the rest of you lovely women??
What is your plan for the holidays?

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #851
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Shanan, rereading back a few pages to catch up. Your plan is certainly structured. I like that. No room for error

Heather, glad Mom is stable. My mom fell a lot and that's why we got caregivers. My dad was 89 at the time and just couldn't handle getting her up anymore. Everyday is a blessing with your mom. My mom had dementia too. It is painful to endure. You are a blessed daughter.

OK next page

Last edited by Lindaboca; 12-04-2012 at 09:02 AM..
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #852
Senior LCF Member

Harley-g-ma, nice to see you posting again. Hope you are feeling better. My Grandkids are sick and I hope I don't get it. What pic are you referring to? I just see a cute doggie!!! The last few years my DD and I go to Costco in Oct. I tell her how much I want to spend and she fills the basket. Easy and in my ols age I hate the malls. I usually add a few stocking stuffers but I am finished. Sisters and I stopped exchanging gifts years ago.

BIL will get the iPad with keyboard. He has never gad a decent computer. Right now he has my Dad's old Apple laptop which is fading away. He deserves something special this year. I put $$$ away each month like a Christmas Club so I never have bills after Christmas. Unfortunately the family has gotten smaller with parents not here for 3 years, so it is bitter sweet.

Ok Shanan I am ready to learn about your amazing plan. Where can I begin? Thnks for the comments ao the computer.

BIL goes in for the MRI on his arm this week. Yesterday the social worker and dr told us very bluntly that the potential for full use of the arm may not be there since there has not been any real progress these first few weeks. BIL and I were mortified. I think I would have handled it a little more gently. No more PT. He can walk using the walker and will not be sent home with a wheel chair!!! Amazing what the human body can withstand. He is starting to be told of the ordeal and can't comprehend he was unconscious for 2 weeks as well as renal failure among other things. He has to have an open MRI as althogh he went from 396 to 330 he still falls outside the weight requirement for the machine. The neurologist wanted a closed scan as that yields a better image but we have to do what we have to do.

Next and last page
Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #853
Senior LCF Member

ML I don't eat avacodos yet but DH loves them. I buy them by the bad at Costco or Trader Joes. I put a few in a bowl to ripen and the rest in the frig until I need them.

Cathleen, praying for you and sending healing, comforting thoughts.

Beck, hope you are doing well. Miss your posts

My sentiments exactly about wrapping the gifts. I used to spend a fortune on paper and bows and do all kinds of fancy designs. Then when I got sick I went to bags. This year DD said paper is more fun to unwrap so paper it is but not bows, only name tags. Heather you are right it is a chore. I take 2-3 gifts a day and wrap. My eldest Granddaughter is old enough to help put them under the tree. She is 9 but still believes in Santa. Love it.

Ed built his first Harley, long before I came on the scene. He was 16 and has been riding ever since. Thank goodness he has never gone down, but did have spills when he raced bikes. His famous story is that he went down and another bike ran over him and he had the tread marks on his back for 2 days. Motocross was what he participated in. He never had sons to follow in his footsteps. Or grandsons for that matter.

Heather I love your comment that you can't resist your own cooking. Me too. I am not a baker though. Wished I lived close to ML to take lessons on baking from scratch. I have mastered a good crust and homemade filling for Thanksgiving pies but that's it. I can pretty much cook anything else. I used to make gourmet dishes when the kids were little and the youngest used to say, "Are we having normal food tonight?" She is still a fast food junkie to this day. She does like my Mexican and Italian dishes, but that's it. Ed eats anything you put in front of him. When we met he put hot sauce on everything. I have finally convinced him that foods don't all have to taste like hot sauce. He is better now. Fortunately the eldest GD loves fish and will try anything. The little one follows suit but hasn't acquired a taste for special foods yet.

OK caught up. Love and hugs to everyone

Linda

Last edited by Lindaboca; 12-04-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #854
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Linda,
So glad to see you are back and feeling better!

If you can bake a good crust you are a good cook!!!
My sister taught me when I was young.
I was almost as good as she.
No more crust for me.
I would not be able to resist tasting it to see how it turned out.
If I must make a crust I just get a store bought (trader joe's make a good frozen one),
that way I don't feel so connected to how it turns out and don't feel the need to taste it.
Kinda nutty, but it works for me.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #855
Major LCF Poster!

Hey where is SL this morning?

Harley I am so sorry you have to move during this time of year.
First time away for Christmas...that must be sad.
We moved away from family for about 4 years and it was hard during the holidays.
But you have each other and thats a lot!!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #856
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Hi everyone!
Linda of course! Glad your willing to look into it! I will give you a quick rundown. I bought hcg drops they work just as well as injections if you get the right type. There is one kind that is a homeopathic formula.. thats the wrong one. Its cheaper and available everywhere almost. The kind i got was 59.99 but i did not shop around. I wanted to use it right away. I got it locally at a store but i doubt i can mention it? Anyway it has to say 6x 10x 12x something x on the back of the bottle or the product description. The first 2 days you put so many drops under your tounge and hold it there for 2 minutes. Dont drink for 15 min. Before and after the drops. 3 xs a day. I did it first when i woke up. Then a little before lunch then after i got home from work. The first 2 days you eat high fat high calorie to load. This helps the hunger go away during the very low calorie part.
low cal part day 3-21 or up to 40.
Breakfast. Coffee with 1 tablespoon milk
Lunch. 100g. Weighed raw (3.5oz) beef lean. Chicken breast. White fish. Crab. Lobster.or 3 egg whitesand 1 whole egg. No other kinds.
2 cups of beet greens. Spinach. Celery. Lettuce. Cabbage
Or 1 cup tomato. Onion. No mixing.
1 apple.orange.grapefruit or 6-9 strawberries.
1 melba toast or grassini breadstick.
dinner same as lunch but eat a different protein kind.
Note.. i basically ate chicken breast for lunch everyday and half a tomato. I ate the apple midmorning. I ate an orange after dinner. I only ate the melba for the first week i did not like it anyway. There are rules about mint toothpaste hindering the drops. I used it anyway and it worked fine. Also rules about using all oil free products i kept using my normal stuff and was fine. Also you are supposed to drink like 2 liters of water and this part is nessesary. Days i didnt drink enough i didnt lose well. That part is phase 2. The last 2 days of phase 2 you stop taking the drops and still eat the diet. Then phase 3 is 21 days of low carb no sugar or starches. Basically induction atkins style. Your goal is to not gain or lose more than 2 lbs. From your low weight on p2. It sets your weight so you stabalize. After p3 you do p4 for 21 days. when you start adding in carbs slowly to see what makes you gain and what doesnt. I am not doing p4 i am doing p2 another round and then at goal doing p3 again and p4 only once. Its not recommended but i am going to have to do it anyway at the end so? Did you have any questions?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shanan,I may have to go back on the hcg when I get situated or at least start counting calories.I am just not losing.I go up and down and now I've just lost about 8-9 lbs in 2 months! That is terrible! I think I eat too many LC calories.I make casserole's with lots of cheese etc.When you're not active(and old) it makes a difference
I am also in the process of refinancing my house but they said I could close in Texas
Linda,if you click on my user name and go to my profile,you will see the picture we are talking about.
I need a maid to come scrub my house before I leave but it's NOT going to happen Pretty sad when you are retired and only have two people at home and can't keep you house clean
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #858
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh boy ML, do I know how you feel about wrapping gifts!
It has become such a chore!
I am really going to try to get it done early this year, that really lowers my Christmas stress level.
I have decided that I will not be baking any Christmas cookies this year.
I always make shortbread cookies but I think I would rather just purchase a few special treats for the kids.
It will be less stress on me and I do find it more difficult to resist my own cooking.
I plan to stick 100% on plan.
How about the rest of you lovely women??
What is your plan for the holidays?
I bought my first plan yesterday when I bought for the month! Your Pumpkin pie!
Gona make one in a week or so to check it out. I am going to use liq. stevia sweet drops. I dont know how many to put in it though.....I guess I will have to put the sweet in the pure pumpkin and do it to what I think is sweet enough with a taste test.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #859
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I bought my first plan yesterday when I bought for the month! Your Pumpkin pie!
Gona make one in a week or so to check it out. I am going to use liq. stevia sweet drops. I dont know how many to put in it though.....I guess I will have to put the sweet in the pure pumpkin and do it to what I think is sweet enough with a taste test.

I sure hope is works out for you!!
It is very good!
You do need to really take time and cream up the cream cheese and then blend it all together very well. The first few times I made it I had chunks of cream cheese in the pumpkin mixture. It really helps if all your ingredients are room temperature.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #860
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I sure hope is works out for you!!
It is very good!
You do need to really take time and cream up the cream cheese and then blend it all together very well. The first few times I made it I had chunks of cream cheese in the pumpkin mixture. It really helps if all your ingredients are room temperature.
Good tips, thanks Heather
You dont use a mixer to blend the pumpkin to the cheese do you? That would be a mess. I figured you add a small amount of the pumpkin to the cream cheese.

Its good, no great, to see almost everyone.
Marge we do miss you, a lot!

Cathleen I sure hope you are getting better!

you guys
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #861
Blabbermouth!!!

OH Heather I love your new Avatar!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #862
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! Cathleen i was sorry o hear about your fall. I hope you are ok? Harleygma don't feel bad I have the hardest time keepng my house clean. The days I have off i am either running around doing things or end up watching tv or reading when I should be cleaning. I hate starting a room and getting it all clean and then the other rooms aren't clean because I run out of time. It seems like laundry and making dinner and doing dishes take up most of my time. We have tile floors and i sweep everytime I can since our chewy leaves so muuch hair on the floor..
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 AM   #863
Senior LCF Member

Hi Heather! Love your new avie!!
Hi ML yes her pumpkin bake sounds good! I need to look up some recipes for some real low carb treats my dd keeps making cookies and I need some kind of treat. Sounds kindof like a pumpkin cheesecake.
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #864
Major LCF Poster!

I am totally shocked that you two noticed right away!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #865
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Hi Heather! Love your new avie!!
Hi ML yes her pumpkin bake sounds good! I need to look up some recipes for some real low carb treats my dd keeps making cookies and I need some kind of treat. Sounds kindof like a pumpkin cheesecake.
Hi ya SL!
Yes, I would say it is kind of in between pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheese cake.
We like it better that either of those. I have made SF pumpkin cheesecake and that is very good if you are wanting cheesecake. The pumpkin bake is so very simple to make though.

I love it because it feels like a real treat and is so much better than going off my plan.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #866
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good tips, thanks Heather
You dont use a mixer to blend the pumpkin to the cheese do you? That would be a mess. I figured you add a small amount of the pumpkin to the cream cheese.:
Yes, I do add a small amount of pumpkin to the cheese but I do use a mixer.
And yes, it is kinda messy, but I go slowly. Doing it with out using the mixer would be great exercise!!
But I really do think it could be done as long as the cheese is room temperature.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #867
Major LCF Poster!

I had very bad leg cramps again last night.
The magnesium does not seem to be working.....and I take lots of it!
I have got to start getting some good sleep.
I am going to have to start cutting back on the coffee.
It is the last thing, in my bag of tricks, that I haven't tried.
And believe me I have tried it all, from tonic water to sleeping with a bar of soap.

I must have 4 mugs of coffee a day.....going to cut back to two.
How much coffee do you guys drink?
I just love coffee and feel it has really helped my weight loss,
so I am not really happy about cutting back.
However, Iv'e got to do something.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Hope everyone's doing well this holiday season.

I used to ride MC and even went to MC mechanic school.
After I moved back to NYC I didn't get a chance to ride much and just started seeing my riding buddies at funerals.
I never got back into it and gave up my license.
It was fun while it lasted.

Heather, I have never had relief from leg cramps w mg and always have to take potassium.
Nice thing is, you need very little. Just start w the 99mg dose. Easy and cheap.

ML, have you moved or is that next month?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #869
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Hope everyone's doing well this holiday season.

I used to ride MC and even went to MC mechanic school.
After I moved back to NYC I didn't get a chance to ride much and just started seeing my riding buddies at funerals.
I never got back into it and gave up my license.
It was fun while it lasted.

Heather, I have never had relief from leg cramps w mg and always have to take potassium.
Nice thing is, you need very little. Just start w the 99mg dose. Easy and cheap.

ML, have you moved or is that next month?
Thanks so much Jem!
You are a gem!
I am going to get some today!

I was wondering what is a MC?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,Jem How are you doing? Heather,Jem was talking about a motorcycle I celebrated xmas at my Dd1's today since we aren't going to be here and now I feel like it is over! I'm mailing Dd2 and her kids stuff tomorrow Everything is done! My Dd1 got me a kindle for one of my presents! She always goes overboard.I haven't even really looked at it good but it does ALOT of stuff.It even has a camera.I guess i will figure it all out She also got me a Keurig coffeemaker.I don't even drink coffee but I'm going to try some of the flavored ones and she got me some hot chocolate and apple cider.I'll have to watch the calories and carbs