Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #811
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
JODY'S PUMPKIN BAKE
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
5 eggs
1 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda (see update)
15 ounce can pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. Pour into a 6x8" greased glass baking dish. Bake at 350║ about 40 minutes or until the center feels firm and a knife inserted in the center comes out relatively clean. Cool, then chill before serving.

Makes 6 servings
Do not freeze

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 228 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 220 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Well there you have it.
Please eat with caution!!!
I can have a time stopping with one helping.

156.4 That is just wonderful ML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hugs :

You have done sooooo well.
Heather how much is a serving?
I use Stevia sweet drops and probably be be less carbs.....

Have you tried whipped HWC on top with each serving. Does everyone like it?

heather I am going to make this next week to try it out. And if it is as yummy to me as it is to you it will be on my xmas table!!!
Thanks sweetie......

Working hard to set TLRH notice.

I could not cook anything LC for Thanksgiving. This Xmas will be different!

What else did you eat that was LC. And how LC, if you have time to tell me. hey but no rush...Can not go shopping until after the 3rd.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #812
Blabbermouth!!!

YOU just keep on keeping on!
When it gets hard. You get HARDER!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #813
Blabbermouth!!!

I changed my stats! That 156.4 lots FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAS 159,,, 2 DAYS AGO!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
ML ham and turkey, green bean casserole, sweeet potatoes with butter a.s. and cinnamon aren't too high compared to white potatoes and gravy. Salad, if you like them, collard greens (eww) lol brussel sprouts, white corn is lower carb than yellow, layer salads with salad, tomato, bell peppers, onion ect layered with either mayo mixed with garlic powder and onion powder or sour cream mixed with it. Creamed cauliflower is delicious! Creamed spinach. Lots of locarb baaked goods on the recipe section here. Lo carb on holidays is not bad at all. When I was low carb the very firs time ever, I did it with my mom and we did losen up on holidays but still avoided bread, stuffing, mac n cheese mashed potatoes and pies.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #815
Blabbermouth!!!

Shanan that does look and sound very good. Yea I have been to those sections and saw tons of ways to fix things.
You dont like collard greens? Brussels sprouts are so delish!

Have you tried not putting the greens into water. Chopped up and flash fried to retain micro. nutrients! Just get them wilted. Man oh man they are delish. And mixed greens with other greens with a little fried bacon and yummy is that ever a meal! Cooked too long will also release too much sugar. I love food like that.

You like the Cauliflower mashed up like mashed potatoes? I haven't tried it. I love it but it gives me horrible gas.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #816
Senior LCF Member

ML yes if the cauliflour is done right it is a really good sub for mashed potatoes. Ruby Tuesdays restaurants had good ones. I love fried cabbage in butter to with saalt and pepper. I am allowed cabbage on my diet now and I usually start it off in pam and then add a little chicken broth so it doesn't stick. My bf always said he hates cabbage so I never made it for him but when I made some the other night he's like that smells good and I said try it it doesn't taste anything like boiled cabbge its more like sauteed onions and peppers. He said it was really good. I said wait until I can use butter it is even better
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #817
Blabbermouth!!!

Now fried cabbage is very good. But if you let it start to get stickie it will release sugar
I dont mean to be a Scrooge. How do you make your mashed cauliflower? I really would love to try it the way you did it....
Old 11-30-2012, 05:55 AM   #818
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Now fried cabbage is very good. But if you let it start to get stickie it will release sugar
I dont mean to be a Scrooge. How do you make your mashed cauliflower? I really would love to try it the way you did it....
I don't know how to make it ML!! I have only had it at restaurants I imagine its just boiled or steamed and mixed with beaters along with some cream and garlic, salt peper and butter. The fried abbage probably is releasing sugars im sure but it wouldnt just suddenly have more carbs out of thin air would it? Aren't those sugars present in the cabbage to begin with?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
I don't know how to make it ML!! I have only had it at restaurants I imagine its just boiled or steamed and mixed with beaters along with some cream and garlic, salt peper and butter. The fried abbage probably is releasing sugars im sure but it wouldnt just suddenly have more carbs out of thin air would it? Aren't those sugars present in the cabbage to begin with?
Morning SL!
Making mashed cauliflower is easer than mashed potatoes....
You steam (I do mine in the microwave oven), add some butter, sour cream, salt, etc. I don't like to mash them in to a pulp, I mash them gently and leave some form of the cauliflower. I try to get very white cauliflower, tinged with green taste just as good but it does not look as good,
Also you can bake cauliflower in the regular oven with butter and topped with cheese.
I got some asparagus yesterday, very thin, oh man was it good.
I only let myself eat a few

I have never tried fried cabbage but it does sound good.
I make fried kale and spinach often.....cooked in bacon fat.
I am not sure if cooking onion or cabbage creates or releases sugars, I have heard this before. I do think that onions are one of the higher carb vegetables...but I have not checked. I eat all vegetables mindfully...and never more that 1/4 to 1/2 cup a day. That is why I try to eat vegetables that are

Darn, I lost track of time I have to get my dd to school I will be back!!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Annabel Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Morning SL!
Making mashed cauliflower is easer than mashed potatoes....
You steam (I do mine in the microwave oven), add some butter, sour cream, salt, etc. I don't like to mash them in to a pulp, I mash them gently and leave some form of the cauliflower. I try to get very white cauliflower, tinged with green taste just as good but it does not look as good,
Also you can bake cauliflower in the regular oven with butter and topped with cheese.
I got some asparagus yesterday, very thin, oh man was it good.
I only let myself eat a few

I have never tried fried cabbage but it does sound good.
I make fried kale and spinach often.....cooked in bacon fat.
I am not sure if cooking onion or cabbage creates or releases sugars, I have heard this before. I do think that onions are one of the higher carb vegetables...but I have not checked. I eat all vegetables mindfully...and never more that 1/4 to 1/2 cup a day. That is why I try to eat vegetables that are

Darn, I lost track of time I have to get my dd to school I will be back!!

Sorry!
OK back!
That's why I try to eat vegetables that are high in nutrients so that I don't need to eat so much of them.

As far as the sugar in onions go, I did find this....

"Whether raw or cooked simply, onions contain between 7 and 22 g of carbohydrates per cup, according to the United States Department of Agriculture. Fresh sweet onions have 7 g; this type is also known as the Vidalia onion. Yellow or common fresh onions contribute about 10 g protein per cup. A 1-cup serving of cooked onions has a carb count that range between 7 and 22 per cup."

This is interesting to me because I always thought the sweet onions would to higher in carbs. Seems counter intuitive.
On the other hand even 7 carbs is a lot of carbs for me so I am very careful with them.
Could it be that cooking changes the onion molecule in a way that brings out the sweet taste that is already there?
And we must not forget that frying onions concentrates them so that a cup of raw onions with come out to about a half a cup once cooked.
I find them really easy to over eat.

I only use them to add a little flavor to my food and that's all.

Rainy day here in sunny Ca!
I am feeling a little better.

Last edited by Annabel Lee; 11-30-2012 at 07:29 AM..
Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #821
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Heather how much is a serving?
I use Stevia sweet drops and probably be be less carbs.....

Have you tried whipped HWC on top with each serving. Does everyone like it?

heather I am going to make this next week to try it out. And if it is as yummy to me as it is to you it will be on my xmas table!!!
Thanks sweetie......

Working hard to set TLRH notice.

I could not cook anything LC for Thanksgiving. This Xmas will be different!

What else did you eat that was LC. And how LC, if you have time to tell me. hey but no rush...Can not go shopping until after the 3rd.
I have liquid splenda and that will lower the carbs as well.

I always top it with HWC.
My kids are not pumpkin fans!!! and yes there are American. So they don't eat it.
My husband and I love it.. We agree that we like it better than regular sugared pumpkin pie! It is kind of in between pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheese cake(that I also make).

I use more pumpkin pie spice and more Cinnamon than the recipe calls for, that is just a matter of personal taste.

The six servings are small.

Enjoy!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #822
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yes and no.

I am a fat induced diabetic. I can eat a raw onion but I can not eat it fried. I can not eat it if it is cooked outside on a grill. I can not eat any veggie fried to the release point by heat.

They do not come out of thin air. and if you are not insulin resistance you will feel no effect or maybe no rise in blood sugar. But your body will absorb the sugar in the over cooked food, even chicken and your body will store as such; FAT. ....I think...But it is a fact for me. I can feel my sugar go up and back down......
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #823
Blabbermouth!!!

Some people put a touch of sugar in foods to help release the sugar. My family use to.....
Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #824
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have liquid splenda and that will lower the carbs as well.

I always top it with HWC.
My kids are not pumpkin fans!!! and yes there are American. So they don't eat it.
My husband and I love it.. We agree that we like it better than regular sugared pumpkin pie! It is kind of in between pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheese cake(that I also make).

I use more pumpkin pie spice and more Cinnamon than the recipe calls for, that is just a matter of personal taste.

The six servings are small.

Enjoy!
Gosh it sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooo good! Heather I will be making this! six servings. Got ya!!!!

How many carbs for a serving or the whole thing? I wonder if a dried fruit could be cut up tiny and added to it so you would have something extra to chew on? Just my mouth talking

I will make this Tuesday to try and if I love it I will be making it for Christmas. I will put SF on it and no one will want any and it will be all mine!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #825
Blabbermouth!!!

Rain makes feel more alive! I love dark rainy days!! So does my sis......
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #826
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry Heather I just now saw your carbs count and the other things as well.....Me sorry to ask twice. I was reading the wrong direction....
Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Rain makes feel more alive! I love dark rainy days!! So does my sis......

I live for dark rainy days.
I am so out of place here in CA.
I grew up with lots of rain.

Love the
sound
smell
taste
feel
gloom
of a rainy day!

Just seeing the raindrops trickling down the windows relaxes me.
Aww the sound of the windshield wipers going back and forth.

It must be the Irish in us ML!!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #828
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm sorry Heather I just now saw your carbs count and the other things as well.....Me sorry to ask twice. I was reading the wrong direction....
No problem
Old 11-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #829
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Love the
sound
smell
taste
feel
gloom
of a rainy day!

You must be RIGHT!!
The IRISH!!!!

I never have gave it a lot of thought but me and Nathleen loved the same things you said...Gloom of a rainy day makes us feel ALIVE!!!! My H does not feel the same way. he is from England and American Indian....American Indians love the sunny days best!!!

Bring on the rain

Now I love sun too
Old 12-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #830
Senior LCF Member

I finally hit my hcg goal of 20lbs! I was 166.2 this morning for a loss of 20.2! And 27.8 lost total!
i am moving on to the low carb phase on Monday.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #831
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Shanan, wow on the weight loss and during the holidays too. Proud of you. Update on Benjamin. We finally got the tree up and he ate 2 pine cones and some fake holly berries on a wreath which I moved. He hasn't gotten to the gifts yet or ornaments!!! He doesn't like the rain and i have to go with him outside. He still fights with my 6 lb doggie but in a non combative way. He chases him but allows him to attack. Mine just really growls and jumps at his neck, then later he is licking Benjamin's nose. AND I am now getting the contacts in on the first few tries. Can't give up. It really is a process. Soon I want to pick your brain about your plan. I am mostly on plan but not consistently. We eat out too much lately.

Heather, finally rain and no sprinklers or watering the garden. I have to admit I am not a cold weather person. I am always freezing, probably from my very low BP. When we were in Alaska Ed had to buy me a fur hat because my ears were freezing. In our new car we have heated seats so I can be warm as Ed runs so hot all the time. You should see my side of the bed. Piled high with blankets. I got rid of the duel electric blankets when the grandkids were born. I sure miss it.

The ways to cook the veggies sound so good especially the cauliflower. I too do a lot of spinack and kale in EVOO. Bacon fat is a good idea. I have the same insulin issues as ML and have been offf my diabetes meds for 8 months so I have to be careful.

When BIL comes home I will make the pie. He has gone from 396lbs to 330lbs but not because he is trying. Yesterday I caught him with a non diet soda. He still doesn't get it that he almost died. There is a new machine called a wound vac whic I rented to help his huge wound heal and close. He goes for a MRI on the arm this week because there is still not feeling, or as the PT says, it is still sleeping. BUT the good news is that he walks with a walker now,still uses the chair at times but hoping he won't come home with it.

I am taking a break this Christmas as well with the meal. Of course the grandkids will open gifts, but they have many places to go anyway that day. If George is still at the facility we will spend time with him.

I have a question for all of you. I want to get BIL a computer as he hs a very old one. Someone suggested an iPad with a board. Any suggestions? Thanks

Cathleen and Beck, miss you guys. Harley g-ma, how's it going?

Love and blessing to you all. I know this season will be filled with all the joy and happiness you deserve.

Linda
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #832
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Shanan, wow on the weight loss and during the holidays too. Proud of you. Update on Benjamin. We finally got the tree up and he ate 2 pine cones and some fake holly berries on a wreath which I moved. He hasn't gotten to the gifts yet or ornaments!!! He doesn't like the rain and i have to go with him outside. He still fights with my 6 lb doggie but in a non combative way. He chases him but allows him to attack. Mine just really growls and jumps at his neck, then later he is licking Benjamin's nose. AND I am now getting the contacts in on the first few tries. Can't give up. It really is a process. Soon I want to pick your brain about your plan. I am mostly on plan but not consistently. We eat out too much lately.

Heather, finally rain and no sprinklers or watering the garden. I have to admit I am not a cold weather person. I am always freezing, probably from my very low BP. When we were in Alaska Ed had to buy me a fur hat because my ears were freezing. In our new car we have heated seats so I can be warm as Ed runs so hot all the time. You should see my side of the bed. Piled high with blankets. I got rid of the duel electric blankets when the grandkids were born. I sure miss it.

The ways to cook the veggies sound so good especially the cauliflower. I too do a lot of spinack and kale in EVOO. Bacon fat is a good idea. I have the same insulin issues as ML and have been offf my diabetes meds for 8 months so I have to be careful.

When BIL comes home I will make the pie. He has gone from 396lbs to 330lbs but not because he is trying. Yesterday I caught him with a non diet soda. He still doesn't get it that he almost died. There is a new machine called a wound vac whic I rented to help his huge wound heal and close. He goes for a MRI on the arm this week because there is still not feeling, or as the PT says, it is still sleeping. BUT the good news is that he walks with a walker now,still uses the chair at times but hoping he won't come home with it.

I am taking a break this Christmas as well with the meal. Of course the grandkids will open gifts, but they have many places to go anyway that day. If George is still at the facility we will spend time with him.

I have a question for all of you. I want to get BIL a computer as he hs a very old one. Someone suggested an iPad with a board. Any suggestions? Thanks

Cathleen and Beck, miss you guys. Harley g-ma, how's it going?

Love and blessing to you all. I know this season will be filled with all the joy and happiness you deserve.

Linda
Linda my bf's aunt got an ipad2 for christmas last year and loves it. She is on that more than her laptop.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #833
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Santa me wants one too
Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #834
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I finally hit my hcg goal of 20lbs! I was 166.2 this morning for a loss of 20.2! And 27.8 lost total!
i am moving on to the low carb phase on Monday.
Shanan gosh woman you are kicking butt!!! You go girl!!!!!

Feels great don't it!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #835
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Love the
sound
smell
taste
feel
gloom
of a rainy day!

Old 12-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #836
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
ML, you are doing GREAT! I wanna weigh what you weigh!
Shanan,you are doing AWESOME too! I know you are looking forward to a little more variety also when you get on P3 I have a best friend that married a Mormon and she converted to his religion.She loves it but she's older and her kids are grown. I don't think your DD can be a Mormon and not have kids They have lots! I hope everything works out for her
Harley where you hiding???
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #837
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Awesome job ML!!
As for the fruit, I just have a fuji apple midmorning and. Navel orange after dinner. Your allowed strawberries and grapefruit too but I don't want them. Its working good though 20lbs in 24 days it is alot like a lowcarb/ lowfat combo. I will be glad to switch to p3 and eat low carb again. I ran out of drops this morning and had to go buy more they are 59.99 but worth it.
I think you have lost weight faster than anyone I have ever seen!!! But I am scared of the drops...
Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #838
Blabbermouth!!!

Harley what is that tat on your leg? I cant see it good enough to tell what it is. Is your hair still long like your picture? I am so wore out with this long stuff. David loves it and I dont have the heart to cut on it too much. I am very tender headed.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #839
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think you have lost weight faster than anyone I have ever seen!!! But I am scared of the drops...
ML i wasnt scared of the drops i was scared of the actual food on the diet lol! It seemed so restrictive and low calorie when i read the list of what to eat. I really have to say it was pretty easy once i got used to planning ahead. And i had alot of energy. The drops really are just a hormone your body naturally makes anyway it just makes you burn fat and is very similar to ketosis. I learned alot about portion control too. Now today i am at 165.9 lbs. Down 20.5 lbs on hcg and 28.1 total. Today is my first low carb phase 3 day. I premade a sausage, egg and cheese casserole in muffin tins and meatloaf with onions and eggs and spices in muffin tins. I took 1 of each for lunch and half an avacado and a low carb eas shake and 3 oz of chicken just in case im hungry. The drops should be out of my system today so i will be fighting hunger until i get in ketosis. I just got a coffee with h&h to fill up some since i dont usually eat my snack until 9:30. It worked i feel pretty full.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/195.5/140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Hi everyone I've had a lot going on and haven't been able to get to a computer. I went to stay with my Dd Friday to help out(she broke her foot)and came home yesterday with the flu! I've been in bed for two days.I'm feeling a little better now.I just found out that we are going to Texas for Dh's job and we have to be there on MONDAY! Yikes, I have a million things to do and all my plans are messed up I was planning on going to Fl.to see 2 of my Dd's and take their presents and now they will have to be mailed and I will have to take DD1's to her tomorrow night or Wed. I haven't even finished shopping for them yet Nothing is wrapped I really thought since he has been laid off since Sept.it would be be Jan.before he got called back. It will take two days to get there so we will have to leave Thursday at the latest. We have to pick our camper up in AL.but at least thats on the way. This will be the first time I have been away from home at xmas but it's too far to come back at least we had a nice family dinner on Thanksgiving.
WOW!Shanan, you have really kicked butt on the hcg! I hope you can stabilize now for awhile so it will stay off!
Linda,it sounds like your life is trying to settle down some.I hope you are getting to rest some
Heather,all the veggies sound good but the only pumpkin I like is a pumpkin roll with cream cheese! My friend makes one that tastes like carrot cake
ML,yes my hair is still long.Dh likes it but I'm like you,I get tired of it sometimes.That picture is about 2 yrs old. The tattoo is a butterfly with a tiger face. I got it more than 10 years ago and still like it.The guy did it free hand so there's not another one just like it. I have several tats but they can all be covered if I don't want them to show You know I'm a biker chick!
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote