Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #781
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Well back to normal. BIL starting to stand and can wheel himself in chair with feet and one arm. Today we will shave him as he finally had a shower!!! Doggie doing so well I think he would be happy here forever. My little pal still attacks him but he is so sweet he just takes it. He is a Rotti mix but I would never believe those dogs are so calm and loving. He also has Shepard in him and a Corgi body. I just adore him.

I got a bill from the surgeon, OMG thousands. I am forwarding it to Kaiser and hope they pay everything. The closest hospital was not Kaiser so he was not taken there. Supposedly if he is too ill to move Kaiser picks up the tab. At one point the liason dr. from Kaiser said he was the sickest patient there and they didn't move him for a week, too high risk. I hope this is not the copay!!! He is definitely going to need help when he gets home. I really liked the agency FIL was going to have so that's a relief. I had called at least 10 agencies and the nursing facility recommended one and after an interview loved them.

Heather, normally I would be exhausted too. Have to catch up on house work today. Then at 4 off to another BIL who had hip replacement, hip replacement surgery, yes the hip replacement had to be replaced. My sister has USC tickets on the 50 yard line so is taking her long time hair stylist as a guest. I will catch up on bills and such and make his dinner. Ed not so much a college ball fan but does like USC. My dad was a prof of pediatrics at USC and started out with terrible seats and through the years got the best seats. My sister and I are alumnus. I went there with OJ when he was a great star and pride of the team!!!

Ed took off a few days so the bathroom stopped. The electrical blew up anyway and so he has to replace the panel and update to modern standards. 1940's electrical that never was updated!!!Good thing he knows how to read and make things happen. I have 2 Masters Degrees and can't understand the technical books he reads on automotive or electrical. He says it is not a talent but it really is. There is no air or central heat in the house so the update would allow that.

Well Heather, I hope everyone stayed on plan like you did. If not, like you said, water weight which will come off if you get right back on the plan.

Have a great weekend. Love and hugs to all

Linda
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #782
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
It makes me sad that so many people are having such a rough time of it Heather,just know that you are doing the best you can,you are just one person and have so many people depending on you I miss my Mom so much
ML,you are lucky to still have young G-kids Mine are all grown up and busy with their own lives. I hope to have GG-kids one day
Know what you mean about being grown and on their own. I have a almost 22 GS. A almost 20 grandson. a 13 year old grandson and two 8 year old granddaughters and one 3 year old grandson. Me got all ages! Six grands in all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
ML, Shanan, Linda, Cathleen, harley g-ma, Me and anyone else out there hiding
Heather
Shanan
Linda
Harley
Cathleen
MargeGunderson
Me and EveryOne else out here

Group Hug
We can do this, yes we can!!! All for one and one for all!!!
YES WE CAN DO THIS AND WE DID DO IT!!!!
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #783
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so tired and it is so great to see you all had a good Thanksgiving. Cathleen You were not alone. I was with you in spirit. I hope you felt me hugging you.........because I was

I love you all..........................
Old 11-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #784
Blabbermouth!!!

Wonderful To Be Alive
Today at 10:55pm Quote Modify Remove
Yes that is what I am thinking about!
Had a fire.
It was a good fire.
Not enough family but we I had a nice evening.
And a great fire.
I build great fires! High fires. Fires you have to back away from and then cuddle around.
With people you love.

This Thanksgiving I am so thankful to be home.
I miss my sister and her kids and hubby and grand-kids.
And I am THANKFUL to have mine back.
I missed my brother too and my nephew.

Mama I glued it back together..........................
And I for sure miss you............................................... ........

It is WONDERFUL to be alive..... and home again

Frances I see you and me on my way....me love u 2
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Hi,everyone I'm glad we got one holiday behind us! I'm still at Dd's,going home today thank goodness! I have NOT been doing good on my eating Too many temptations here I should be back on plan today,though
ML,glad you had a nice turkey day. My Dh loves fires tooWe have one every chance we get,mostly just in the fireplace.That was one requirement when I bought a house.It HAD to have a woodburning fireplace!
I hope everyone is having a nice weekend
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #786
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone.
I did not lose nor gain. I ate one tab. of my dressing and it was soooooo good! This years dressing for me was the best! I ate one tab. of almost everything that we had made. No sweets. I did taste of the frosting on the red velvet cake. Cream cheese. One very small taste.

Now to survive Christmas.

I'm sure I will have a very little bit of most food at Christmas. I do want to eat more than what I will let myself eat. I was a little scared but I can do this!

See yall tomorrow. I am sorry I have not had much time to be here. I miss you guys
Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #787
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi yall
Is anyone here?
Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #788
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Hi ML glad you made it through turkey day unscathed! I gained 3lbs! Ate a small spoon of all the sides.I really Liked and 3 slices of pie. Ahh lol it was delish though. Down 1lb. 2 to get off lol
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #789
Blabbermouth!!!

I am glad you only gained 3 pounds. But Shanan I dont really know what you eat now on your woe. I know I am too scared to eat too many carbs doing LC. The more LC I am the less carbs I eat and the most important thing is for me to not eat too much processed food and sugar. I am trying to clean out my tubes as well as lose weight. If one has been LC for a time and then eats bad it makes everything to be stored in the liver again, I think.
The weight gain doesn't worry me that much. I can get shed of extra pounds pretty easy. Cleaning my tubes is a horse of a different color.........

Christmas last a month here! Yikes!!! LOL
Old 11-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Lol right now on hcg diet I eat breakfast: coffee. 1tblsp milk. Or I usually have diet pepsi instead I don't like reguar coffee. Mid am: 1 apple. Lunch 3.5 oz chicken grilled ( I weigh it on Sunday and bf grills it all for me. I marinate it in garlic flavored rice vinager, mustard powder, onion powder and garlic salt) and either half of a tomato or half a cucumber. Dinner: 3.5 oz of ground lean beef or a 3 egg white and 1 whole egg omlet I usually sautee onion or spinach for that in pam butter flavor and add cilantro. Once I made my omlet with splenda (the one without sugar) and cinnimon sprinkled on it. Or I have talapia sometimes baked or grilled I can also have crab and lobster but that's not very practical most days. For after dinner I have 1 orange.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #791
Senior LCF Member

After I move from this phase to the next one I do low carb for 21 days to stabilize then for the next 21 days I add carbs slowly to see what makes me gain. Then after that I can do another round and get to goal.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Well back to normal. BIL starting to stand and can wheel himself in chair with feet and one arm. Today we will shave him as he finally had a shower!!! Doggie doing so well I think he would be happy here forever. My little pal still attacks him but he is so sweet he just takes it. He is a Rotti mix but I would never believe those dogs are so calm and loving. He also has Shepard in him and a Corgi body. I just adore him.

I got a bill from the surgeon, OMG thousands. I am forwarding it to Kaiser and hope they pay everything. The closest hospital was not Kaiser so he was not taken there. Supposedly if he is too ill to move Kaiser picks up the tab. At one point the liason dr. from Kaiser said he was the sickest patient there and they didn't move him for a week, too high risk. I hope this is not the copay!!! He is definitely going to need help when he gets home. I really liked the agency FIL was going to have so that's a relief. I had called at least 10 agencies and the nursing facility recommended one and after an interview loved them.

Heather, normally I would be exhausted too. Have to catch up on house work today. Then at 4 off to another BIL who had hip replacement, hip replacement surgery, yes the hip replacement had to be replaced. My sister has USC tickets on the 50 yard line so is taking her long time hair stylist as a guest. I will catch up on bills and such and make his dinner. Ed not so much a college ball fan but does like USC. My dad was a prof of pediatrics at USC and started out with terrible seats and through the years got the best seats. My sister and I are alumnus. I went there with OJ when he was a great star and pride of the team!!!

Ed took off a few days so the bathroom stopped. The electrical blew up anyway and so he has to replace the panel and update to modern standards. 1940's electrical that never was updated!!!Good thing he knows how to read and make things happen. I have 2 Masters Degrees and can't understand the technical books he reads on automotive or electrical. He says it is not a talent but it really is. There is no air or central heat in the house so the update would allow that.

Well Heather, I hope everyone stayed on plan like you did. If not, like you said, water weight which will come off if you get right back on the plan.

Have a great weekend. Love and hugs to all

Linda
Hi Linda!

Wow, it is a small world!
My dad went to USC after WWII.
He was studying dentistry, but ended up a chemical engineer.
He sure loved USC.

My husband and I both went to State colleges.
I only got halfway through my masters when I got pregnant with my son.
Never finished after that.
I am so glad your BIL is up and walking around....that is such a good sign!!!!!

My husband is the same way he can fix anything. I really think it has more to do with confidence than anything else.
Annabel Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Shanan!

How are you?
Sounds like you have this little gain under control!!!
Good for you!!!
That takes a great amount of strength to get right back at it!
I can't do that because I am not any good at stoping after that first bite.
Before you know it I will be up 90!!

I know you are moving....are you going after the school year is over?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Shanan!

How are you?
Sounds like you have this little gain under control!!!
Good for you!!!
That takes a great amount of strength to get right back at it!
I can't do that because I am not any good at stoping after that first bite.
Before you know it I will be up 90!!

I know you are moving....are you going after the school year is over?
168.8. Today so .6 more until I hit the pre thanksgiving weight lol. I am planning on starting p3 the low carb stabilizing phase next Monday, hopefully under 165. That way I do that for 3 weeks and I can eat real food on christmas. Then I will be able to start phase 1 again on January 14th to get to goal I hope so far I am at 18lbs lost on hCG and 28 total. I did lose almost a weeks worth of weightloss because I chose to eat on thanksgiving so who knows where I would be if I hadn't eaten off plan but I am still happy with my results so far.
no Heather dd is in 11th grade this year we are not moving until the summer after she graduates. 2014. It seemed to go by quick at first but now its dragging how are you? How is your mom? I just found out this morning that my bestfriend growing up just lost her father last night. It was very sudden. I visited her when she came down here on vacation a few months ago and he was in the hospital because he had a skin cancer removed and it got infected. So I didn't get to see him then I saw her the new years before that and he was working we had just reconnected via facebook the last 2 years or so, so I haven't seen her dad since I was 16 but I practically lived over there on the weekends growing up. Its very sad.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
168.8. Today so .6 more until I hit the pre thanksgiving weight lol. I am planning on starting p3 the low carb stabilizing phase next Monday, hopefully under 165. That way I do that for 3 weeks and I can eat real food on christmas. Then I will be able to start phase 1 again on January 14th to get to goal I hope so far I am at 18lbs lost on hCG and 28 total. I did lose almost a weeks worth of weightloss because I chose to eat on thanksgiving so who knows where I would be if I hadn't eaten off plan but I am still happy with my results so far.
no Heather dd is in 11th grade this year we are not moving until the summer after she graduates. 2014. It seemed to go by quick at first but now its dragging how are you? How is your mom? I just found out this morning that my bestfriend growing up just lost her father last night. It was very sudden. I visited her when she came down here on vacation a few months ago and he was in the hospital because he had a skin cancer removed and it got infected. So I didn't get to see him then I saw her the new years before that and he was working we had just reconnected via facebook the last 2 years or so, so I haven't seen her dad since I was 16 but I practically lived over there on the weekends growing up. Its very sad.
Oh my, that is soooo sad!!!
I say stay out of hospitals at all costs!!!!!
What a shock it must be for his family!!!

I think it is good that you are not moving until after she graduates.
During my high school years I attended 5 different schools in 3 different countries! Ended up losing contact with all my old friends!
I have gone out of my way not to do that to my kids.
We may move before my DD gets to high school but not after that.
She is in 7th grade now.

My Mom is ok.
Her dementia marches on and she is more confused each day.
This is very difficult for all of us but at least she is living in a very good place where thay take good care of her. For years I cared for her myself.
I never slept well during that period.....worried about her in her house alone. I was always waiting for the phone to ring.
I hated having her live alone but she would not have anyone else live with her and she would not move out.
One night I was awaken by the phone and she had fallen down her stairs....all the way from the top!!!
Some how she managed to crawl to the phone.
She was hospitalized for weeks and never stepped foot in her house again.
She was 89 at the time and already moderately demented at the time.

"Eat real food for Christmas"....boy that sound good!
The only thing that I really wish I could eat would be the Yorkshire pudding.
I have to make it for my son because he loves it and it would not be Christmas for him with out it. But given my history I will forgo for now!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #796
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

During my high school years I attended 5 different schools in 3 different countries! Ended up losing contact with all my old friends!
She is in 7th grade now.

My Mom is ok.
This is very difficult for all of us but at least she is living in a very good place where thay take good care of her. For years I cared for her myself.
I never slept well during that period.....worried about her in her house alone. I was always waiting for the phone to ring.
I hated having her live alone but she would not have anyone else live with her and she would not move out.
One night I was awaken by the phone and she had fallen down her stairs....all the way from the top!!!

I have to make it for my son because he loves it and it would not be Christmas for him with out it. But given my history I will forgo for now!
He didn't die from the infection that is just why he wasn't there the last time I was there. I am pretty sure he died from cancer though. She posted that he was terminal and they took him to hospice yesterday morning and he died last night so that's pretty quick. And her graandma died like 2 weeks ago and the next day she said she had heard even more bad news so I think she has only known for a week or two that he was that ill.
Yes my bf also had to switch schools in high school and it was his idea to not move until then.
I really just like the desserts mostly and sweet potatoes. I will be on juddd by then again so I will just make sure christmas is an upday. I do low carb for 3 weeks then for phase 4 I will do juddd. Then after 3 weeks I start all over again.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Also the fall must have scared you to death! My goodness! Glad she is safe now.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Also the fall must have scared you to death! My goodness! Glad she is safe now.
Yes, she is safe, but I believe it was the begaining of the end for her.

Sweet potatoes!
Yummm.......maybe someday, I hear that are not as bad as the white.
This seems strange to me because they are so sweet!
Right now I am just enjoying my SF pumpkin bake.....don't know how I would get through the holidays without it.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Sweet potatoes!
Right now I am just enjoying my SF pumpkin bake.....don't know how I would get through the holidays without it.
I dunno Why but a large potato has 67g carbs and a sweet potato large has 33g plus 6g of fiber to subtract. They say orange and dark green veggies are the healthiest.. on owl it is a much better choice for sure. Even on juddd I ate those on my updas instead.
and don't feel bad about your mom it is better for her to be watched closer with the dementia so she doesn't hurt herself. My boss had to put his dad in a care faility this year and he said he can't believe how bad he had gotten. They had to take his license away and boy was he mad! They can sure be stubborn with thinking they are ok.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:02 AM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shanan,you are smart to wait until your Dd graduates before moving I made a move from Fl to Ga when my girls were in HS and it was terrible! They had a hard time meeting new friends and I had to let them go back to Ga to finish. It tore our family apart and I had never been separated from them before
Heather,I know it hard to have someone else taking care of your Mom but you are doing the right thing and really the only thing you can do under the circumstances
Linda,it sounds like BIL is making some progress I hope you and your Dh are able to get some rest Is the place he is staying close to you?
ML,do all 6 of your G-kids live near you? Are the 8 yr old's twins? You did EXCELLENT on your Thankgiving eating I gained a lb but I have been doing good since Monday and it's almost gone
Cathleen,I hope everything is okay with you and you are getting some much needed rest!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #801
Senior LCF Member

167.6 today! So exactly a week later I lost. The turkey weight lol! Down down down!
Harleygma yes it will be better for my dd. I just really hope she goes with us when we leave! She is very attached to her bf. He is a good kid but very devoted to his families Mormon faith and it has caused him to break up with her before. I just don't see it working out in the long run. She has no interest in becoming Mormon at all and he wants to so? Its not really the same as a Catholic marrying a Protestant.
Even that can be confusing if the parents don't have a clear plan on how they want to raise children. My daughter also does not want kids. She doesn't like them lol. And she babysits my ds!
Ds will be 9 when we move going into 4th grade so I think that's a good time to move for him. He will have time to meet friends before starting middle school. He's also very outgoing where she is shy and took forever to make friends when she was young. She's had the same 2 girl best friends since middle school and she has been with her boyfriend since middle school. I am pretty sure she likes routine and doesn't pursue change much lol.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #802
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my gosh Shanan!!! 167.6 is super!!!!!

I weighted 156.8 yesterday! I have not weighed today yet.........

Shanan I thought Mormons did not practice birth control? I hope everything works out for your daughter.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML, you are doing GREAT! I wanna weigh what you weigh!
Shanan,you are doing AWESOME too! I know you are looking forward to a little more variety also when you get on P3 I have a best friend that married a Mormon and she converted to his religion.She loves it but she's older and her kids are grown. I don't think your DD can be a Mormon and not have kids They have lots! I hope everything works out for her
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #804
Blabbermouth!!!

harley I feel like I am dreaming again!!!!

I am fixing to weigh again for today. Hold your breath for me!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #805
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
After I move from this phase to the next one I do low carb for 21 days to stabilize then for the next 21 days I add carbs slowly to see what makes me gain. Then after that I can do another round and get to goal.
It sounds a lot like LC except the fruit. I bet the fruit is delish in Florida!!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #806
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear of your friends dad

Quote:

She is in 7th grade now.

My Mom is ok.

Quote:

Sweet potatoes!
Heather how do you make the SF pumpkin bake??
Old 11-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #807
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry weight wrong.....

156.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #808
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Sorry weight wrong.....

156.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job ML!!
As for the fruit, I just have a fuji apple midmorning and. Navel orange after dinner. Your allowed strawberries and grapefruit too but I don't want them. Its working good though 20lbs in 24 days it is alot like a lowcarb/ lowfat combo. I will be glad to switch to p3 and eat low carb again. I ran out of drops this morning and had to go buy more they are 59.99 but worth it.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #809
Major LCF Poster!

JODY'S PUMPKIN BAKE
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
5 eggs
1 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda (see update)
15 ounce can pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. Pour into a 6x8" greased glass baking dish. Bake at 350║ about 40 minutes or until the center feels firm and a knife inserted in the center comes out relatively clean. Cool, then chill before serving.

Makes 6 servings
Do not freeze

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 228 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 220 Calories; 18g Fat; 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Well there you have it.
Please eat with caution!!!
I can have a time stopping with one helping.

156.4 That is just wonderful ML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hugs :

You have done sooooo well.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #810
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Awesome job ML!!
As for the fruit, I just have a fuji apple midmorning and. Navel orange after dinner. Your allowed strawberries and grapefruit too but I don't want them. Its working good though 20lbs in 24 days it is alot like a lowcarb/ lowfat combo. I will be glad to switch to p3 and eat low carb again. I ran out of drops this morning and had to go buy more they are 59.99 but worth it.
Just to make sure...You do know what the drops are made from, right?