Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #751
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Thanks ML,
I always bite off more than I can chew
It will be ok, I will just have to let a few thing go.
There you go.....everyone knows you will do the best you can..
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
You are a wonderful daughter.....The Very Best Of The Best!!

me a luv a u sweet friend.....
Aww thanks ML!
You know what my Mom would just love you, I just know it!!!!
I Love you too!
Got to go pick up DD.
see ya
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #753
Blabbermouth!!!

be safe
Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
It makes me sad that so many people are having such a rough time of it Heather,just know that you are doing the best you can,you are just one person and have so many people depending on you I miss my Mom so much
ML,you are lucky to still have young G-kids Mine are all grown up and busy with their own lives. I hope to have GG-kids one day
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #755
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Hi everybody! Cathleen I really hope you are feeling better. ML LOL about the peeing one more time!
Heather thanks for the enouragement, you all are so supportive.
ML it sounds like you and the grandkids are going to have a great time! And you are almost to goal! You don't need to get 30 more off like me! Lol you'd float away i cant believe that even after losing 23 lbs I still have 31 to go... wow I let mysef go. I am already gonna have to get new work pants, I do have about every size lol but the old khakis get thin and I don't wanna tear my seat if you know what I mean!
Lol I was at a walmart working about a year and a half ago and because I had put on weight I wore a pair of older shorts one day in a larger size and the coke salesman came up and to me and whispered you blew out your pants.. now he was jamacian so I didn't understand and im like huh? I finally got it and was mortified. I pulled my shirt out and walked very carefully over to the ladies setion and bought new shorts. Horrible also beause I had thong underwear on!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

ML, Shanan, Linda, Cathleen, harley g-ma, Me and anyone else out there hinding

Group Hug
We can do this, yes we can!!! All for one and one for all!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Hi everybody! Cathleen I really hope you are feeling better. ML LOL about the peeing one more time!
Heather thanks for the enouragement, you all are so supportive.
ML it sounds like you and the grandkids are going to have a great time! And you are almost to goal! You don't need to get 30 more off like me! Lol you'd float away i cant believe that even after losing 23 lbs I still have 31 to go... wow I let mysef go. I am already gonna have to get new work pants, I do have about every size lol but the old khakis get thin and I don't wanna tear my seat if you know what I mean!
Lol I was at a walmart working about a year and a half ago and because I had put on weight I wore a pair of older shorts one day in a larger size and the coke salesman came up and to me and whispered you blew out your pants.. now he was jamacian so I didn't understand and im like huh? I finally got it and was mortified. I pulled my shirt out and walked very carefully over to the ladies setion and bought new shorts. Horrible also beause I had thong underwear on!
Oh dear! Oh dear!!!!!!!
At least he was kind enough to tell you.
Thank goodness those days are gone....never again!!!!!!!!
I am so glad you were somewhere where you could get yourself an other pair right a way!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
It makes me sad that so many people are having such a rough time of it Heather,just know that you are doing the best you can,you are just one person and have so many people depending on you I miss my Mom so much
ML,you are lucky to still have young G-kids Mine are all grown up and busy with their own lives. I hope to have GG-kids one day
I feel your pain.....there is no one like Mom.
And when she is gone there is a hole in your heart where her smile shined.

A good friend of mine just lost her Mom last Monday. Even though she is in her 50's an her Mom was 85.... she still feels like a little girl who is alone in the world for the first time.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Heather I am glad too!
You are a great daughter I miss my mom she is in Germany it will be years until I see her again.
but we message each other and talk on facebook.
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #760
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shanan,your story gave me my first laugh of the day! The thong underware did it!I know it wasn't funny at the time though! So,your Mom is in Germany! Wow! When was the last time you saw her? Are you from there? It's good that you talk to her a lot
Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 AM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Good morning my dears. I am hanging in there. I just want to get through Thanksgiving. In a way I am glad that tomorrow most of the food stores will be closed a good part of the day. Something psychological about just being able to get in the car and go get bad stuff to eat haunts me. I will not go to a mall , so am safe there. The older I get, the stranger I get, but the malls are just too overwhelming and too crazy this time of year, esp this weekend.

Say a little prayer for me please, just finished my paperwork for redetermination on food stamps. They cut them last time and it makes it really rough. I made so much less money this year, hope they can at least give me SOME food stamps. Healthy food is not the cheapest.

I am trying to do a little bit here and there in my studio. It is a mess at the moment because I just have not had the energy to do any cleaning/straightening and the cats sure are not going to do it.

How are you doing ML????? (((( big hugs )))) and special hugs to my dear Linda , as well.

xoxoxoxox
ebeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,Cathleen It really is hard for people on limited incomes,everything just costs so much,by the time you pay just your living expenses there is little left over for food I will say some prayers that you get approved
Shanan,look how I spelled underwear and you can get a good laugh on me!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 AM   #763
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Shanan,your story gave me my first laugh of the day! The thong underware did it!I know it wasn't funny at the time though! So,your Mom is in Germany! Wow! When was the last time you saw her? Are you from there? It's good that you talk to her a lot
LOL yeah it sure is a funny story now..
my mom moved to Illinois in june of last year.. my younger brother is in the airforce and divored he has custody of his 2 kids and he got deployed to Afghanistan for 4 months so my mom went up there to wath his kids. Then she decided to get a divorce. When my brother got back he found out he was getting stationed in Germany this past June. So he got my mom added as a dependent so she could help with the kids. God thing too because he has already had to got to london, turkey,, the netherlands and italy for his job and there would've been no one to leave them with. I haven't seen her since she left to go to illinois.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
Good morning my dears. I am hanging in there. I just want to get through Thanksgiving. In a way I am glad that tomorrow most of the food stores will be closed a good part of the day. Something psychological about just being able to get in the car and go get bad stuff to eat haunts me. I will not go to a mall , so am safe there. The older I get, the stranger I get, but the malls are just too overwhelming and too crazy this time of year, esp this weekend.

Say a little prayer for me please, just finished my paperwork for redetermination on food stamps. They cut them last time and it makes it really rough. I made so much less money this year, hope they can at least give me SOME food stamps. Healthy food is not the cheapest.

I am trying to do a little bit here and there in my studio. It is a mess at the moment because I just have not had the energy to do any cleaning/straightening and the cats sure are not going to do it.

How are you doing ML????? (((( big hugs )))) and special hugs to my dear Linda , as well.

xoxoxoxox
Praying for you sweetie!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #765
Blabbermouth!!!

Hoping this works....

HI EVERYONE!!!!!

On my way to go shopping for Thanksgiving Food!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

xoxoxoxox
Old 11-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #767
Senior LCF Member

After 3 days of teetering at 170.? I did it! Down 2 lbs today! 168.2!! I am doing a happy dance today ladies!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Cathleen, my sincere prayers, love and hugs to you in resolving your issues and getting through the holiday. Love you

Shanan, way to go. Now stay strong and by 2013 you will be at your goal. What a new year's gift. Your story brought a smile to a very sad face. It is amusing now but I know how you felt then.

BIL doggie got the stiches out without any issues. I don't know how I am going to give him back. We love him already and he is attached to us. I am happy to do it though because that means BIL coming home.

ML you gave yourself a gift as well, good health. I am back in the right direction but a little behind again.

Love to all and have a great holiday. I will be thinking about all of you.

Linda

I am back on plan and I know I will get through the holiday since we are not celebrating and I am not cooking.

I so miss my mom and especially during the holidays and now FIL not with us.

BIL moved to skilled nursing facility. Things already bad. He needs help for everything and they obviously didn't read his case and they just left him ther to do things on his own. They hate me there already because I politely complained and will followup today. He has no one but us and I need to really be proactive for him poor guy.

Heather stay strong during the holidays but enjoy them it with Mom. You are a blessed daughter and friend.

Harley, I am lucky my grandkids are still young, 3 and 9. Will spend some time with them as my daughter is working double time and a half. I want to get the tree started. Then to BIL for the rest of the day. FIL would be really angry if we didn't get on with our lives.
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shanan,that is great news! You have really done excellent on the hcg
Linda,it seems like your stress will never end! I don't know how you are managing Try to enjoy the holiday and know that better days are coming for you Enjoy your g-kids,there is nothing like them
My Dd broke her foot so I am going to her house to spend a few days.Not a good time to be laid up but I guess it's never a good time to have a broken bone She has a wonderful Dh though and two grown kids there to help so she will just have stay put for awhile
HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY EVERYONE! I for one plan on eating a LITTLE bit of the good stuff!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Happy Thanksgiving beautiful ladies! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Happy Thanksgiving my dears.
I am so sincerely grateful for all of you.
Thanksgiving is sort of heaven and hell all in one, so many food issues coming up.
I was sort of miserable this morning, so I figured I am already yucky, may as well get the weighing over with so I can get up tomorrow and get back on the horse. Guess what? fantastic news ... after so many weeks of not counting and weighing and all that stress .. I weigh EXACTLY the same! You might say why is she happy about that?? (no loss ) I was so afraid I had gained! woohoo

I hope everyone has a lovely time with family today!

(((( hugs )))
ebeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #772
Senior LCF Member

Cathleen, way to go on the weight. I sent you an email. Hope you got it but you don't have to respond.

Off to BIL to celebrate. Hope to have the grandkids at some point today. It is a messed up year for sure.

Have a happy Thanksgiving to all my friends/family here. Stay strong and if you fall off get right back up tomorrow. Love you all Linda
Old 11-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving beautiful ladies! Hope everyone has a great day!
Amazing SL!!!!!
You are moving right a long!!!!!
You must feel great!
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving my dears.
I am so sincerely grateful for all of you.
Thanksgiving is sort of heaven and hell all in one, so many food issues coming up.
I was sort of miserable this morning, so I figured I am already yucky, may as well get the weighing over with so I can get up tomorrow and get back on the horse. Guess what? fantastic news ... after so many weeks of not counting and weighing and all that stress .. I weigh EXACTLY the same! You might say why is she happy about that?? (no loss ) I was so afraid I had gained! woohoo

I hope everyone has a lovely time with family today!

(((( hugs )))
I am so happy for you Cathleen!

Staying at exactly the same weight while going through all you have been is truly amazing!!!
You have not lost any ground at all!
I know how difficult it can be to get on the scale after a long absents.
Good for you!
You are set to take off again!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Shanan,that is great news! You have really done excellent on the hcg
Linda,it seems like your stress will never end! I don't know how you are managing Try to enjoy the holiday and know that better days are coming for you Enjoy your g-kids,there is nothing like them
My Dd broke her foot so I am going to her house to spend a few days.Not a good time to be laid up but I guess it's never a good time to have a broken bone She has a wonderful Dh though and two grown kids there to help so she will just have stay put for awhile
HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY EVERYONE! I for one plan on eating a LITTLE bit of the good stuff!
I am so sorry that your DD broke her foot.
She is luck to have you to help out!
Hope you had a nice visit!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #776
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Amazing SL!!!!!
You are moving right a long!!!!!
You must feel great!
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Hi Heather hope you had a good Thanksgiving.
I did eat alot of off plan food yesterday. I had turkey breast, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, some broccoli thing, stuffing . Each side I just got about a tablespoons worth. Did skip mashed potatoes and rolls. Then I had 3 pieces of pie lol pumpkin and 2 pecan. My bf made the pecan and it was really good I ate pumpkin ate his aunts and pecan when we got home. The other pecan was like 4 hours later before bed im like that was so good I will have one more before I go back to being good tomorrow! So I weighed 170.2 this morning. 2lb gain not too bad considering. I didn't feel guilty either lol. Packed my regular lunch for HcG at work today got a fuji apple, scrambled eggs (3 egg whites and 1 whole egg) and a half of a tomato. Hopefully it only takes a day or two to get back to 168.2 lol
Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #777
Senior LCF Member

G-ma so sorry about DD foot especially this time of year. Luckily you can help her out. They always need their moms. My daughter worked for double time and a half. On her break we got sandwiches and took grandlids to the park. It was impromptu and so much fun. Then on to BIL to be with him . Hope you enjoyed your special day

Heather I know you had a great day with mom. Cherish every moment. I know your dinner was a huge success and you are too tired today

Shanan. Glad you enjoyed your feast. You will lose the 2 lbs in no time I'm glad you enjoyed your day . Your lunch sounds so good.

After visiting BIL we walked to a restaurent near by. Ed had traditional turkey dinner and I had steak so I actually stayed on plan except for blue cheese dressing on the double salad. It was weird though ad Thanksgiving is my holiday to cook. It is the first time in 20 years I haven't cooked in 20 years. Next year for sure
Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Ha Ha grandlids= grandkids

Heather, not too tired today

Was sending message from cell phone. Sorry about the errors.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Ha Ha grandlids= grandkids

Heather, not too tired today

Was sending message from cell phone. Sorry about the errors.
HI Linda,
So glad you got to have some fun with your Grand kids!
How is your BIL doing?
Has he been able to see his dog?

I really am sleepy today....the dinner turned out just fine we all had a good time.
My Mom was so happy to be with us but she was in some pain and I know later she was glad to go home and rest.

I stayed 100% on plan.
I made Low carb and SF dishes, and did not eat potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin bread or ginger bread.
I did eat too much SF Pumpkin bake, but all in all I was very satisfied and did not feel like I was missing out at all.

Hey ML how are you doing?

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Heather hope you had a good Thanksgiving.
I did eat alot of off plan food yesterday. I had turkey breast, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, some broccoli thing, stuffing . Each side I just got about a tablespoons worth. Did skip mashed potatoes and rolls. Then I had 3 pieces of pie lol pumpkin and 2 pecan. My bf made the pecan and it was really good I ate pumpkin ate his aunts and pecan when we got home. The other pecan was like 4 hours later before bed im like that was so good I will have one more before I go back to being good tomorrow! So I weighed 170.2 this morning. 2lb gain not too bad considering. I didn't feel guilty either lol. Packed my regular lunch for HcG at work today got a fuji apple, scrambled eggs (3 egg whites and 1 whole egg) and a half of a tomato. Hopefully it only takes a day or two to get back to 168.2 lol
SL, sounds like you had a nice time!
Oh my, pecan pie!!!!!
My very favorite!!!!
I wish I knew how to make it SF and crustless.

That 2 is probably just water weight and will come right off!
168.2 and lower any day now!!!!