Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
ML,I LOVE that song and the movie too! I love the "Summer Place" theme and the movie too.I have both on dvd.I think it must be a sign of our age I glad you and cricket are doing so good
Heather and Shanan, I can't believe how rude you said the kids were That makes me sad that the parents aren't teaching the kids any manners I feel sorry for the school teachers that have to put up with it daily
Linda,it sounds like you are having a rocky road right nowI will say some prayers that you will have the strength to deal with the stress and stay healthy I'm mostly a lurker on this thread(I followed ML here)but I feel like you need all the prayers you can get
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Hi ML!!!
So glad you and Cricket are doing well!!!!

Hi g-ma!!
Not sure if we have met yet?

You know 98% of the kids were very polite but I let myself be overly influenced by the few that were rude. It really should be the other way around.
I am the kind of person who always regrets what I don't say! "I should have said this or I should have done that". And then I steam about it for a while.
On the other hand my husband is the kind of person who would rather speak his mind and risk regretting what he did say later.
I love it when he politely tells someone off when they deserve it!
We have kind of a yin and yang going.

Great movie "Summer Place"!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Hi GMa! Yes I agree with Heather, the large majority of the kids were very polite! Don't just lurk talk! LOL
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heather,you and your Dh sound just like me and mine I do the same thing I worry about stuff all the time too and my Dh says "just don't do it" It's not that easy.I guess for most men it is! I know it doesn't do any good and I hate it but I just can't help it.I think it comes from raising children
Shanan,what part of Fl do you live in? I have 2 dd's that live in New Smyrna Bch.
Where are you ML?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #575
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
me here.....me lucker now...im so tired and wore out.
As my typin will show.

Had a wonderful time last night sittin around fire with both sons! I was the last one to go in. The stars wee few but they did keep me company. I talked to Marge and we are 1,8..something miles apart sharing the night sky. Was so cool!!! Sons big dog kept me company too. We have seen black bears...Been here so long I guess if one waked up I would offer it a bowl of milk. A few days before mama died I passed one halfway back to the house. It stood up and turned to look at me as I passed it. Spooky feeling.

Got to get a shower and eat a bite going many miles tomorrow to take care of a promise. It has taking too many years to come to pass. Taking my bio-dad, my aunt/cousin and her husband to their final resting place in Nutbush Tennessee. Got to go to Buck-Snoke Tennessee first to see my brother. He loved his dad and took care of him to the end. Going there first he can't come with us. My brother Danny is almost too sick and too big to walk. He sounded bad last night and today. I don't think he will be with us too much longer. I think he has hung one because of the promise he made to the man that raised him. Gona be a long hard on the heart day.

Yall keep me in your thoughts. I will need all the strength I can muster to do this.......

Harley they are right! Post and "come out of them there bushes"

Cricket is doing GREAT!
Love U guys.

Linda...we love U

Linda is a retired school teacher. She has more patience than me does....

And God gave us stronger hearts, I think..Can you imagine a man going thru child birth! They can turn their switches off, we can't
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
Heather,you and your Dh sound just like me and mine I do the same thing I worry about stuff all the time too and my Dh says "just don't do it" It's not that easy.I guess for most men it is! I know it doesn't do any good and I hate it but I just can't help it.I think it comes from raising children
Shanan,what part of Fl do you live in? I have 2 dd's that live in New Smyrna Bch.
Where are you ML?
Harley I live close to Sarasota, fl I have been to new smyrna bc I used to live in melbourne which isn't far.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
me here.....me lucker now...im so tired and wore out.
As my typin will show.

Had a wonderful time last night sittin around fire with both sons! I was the last one to go in. The stars wee few but they did keep me company. I talked to Marge and we are 1,8..something miles apart sharing the night sky. Was so cool!!! Sons big dog kept me company too. We have seen black bears...Been here so long I guess if one waked up I would offer it a bowl of milk. A few days before mama died I passed one halfway back to the house. It stood up and turned to look at me as I passed it. Spooky feeling.

Got to get a shower and eat a bite going many miles tomorrow to take care of a promise. It has taking too many years to come to pass. Taking my bio-dad, my aunt/cousin and her husband to their final resting place in Nutbush Tennessee. Got to go to Buck-Snoke Tennessee first to see my brother. He loved his dad and took care of him to the end. Going there first he can't come with us. My brother Danny is almost too sick and too big to walk. He sounded bad last night and today. I don't think he will be with us too much longer. I think he has hung one because of the promise he made to the man that raised him. Gona be a long hard on the heart day.

Yall keep me in your thoughts. I will need all the strength I can muster to do this.......

Harley they are right! Post and "come out of them there bushes"

Cricket is doing GREAT!
Love U guys.

Linda...we love U

Linda is a retired school teacher. She has more patience than me does....

And God gave us stronger hearts, I think..Can you imagine a man going thru child birth! They can turn their switches off, we can't
ML I will be thinking of you tomorrow
Good that your able to fufill a promise like that, pray you have a safe trip.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #578
Blabbermouth!!!

We are watching a special on tv for all the p[people effected by Hurricane Sandy. I had NO idea it was as bad as ir is!! I am so sick hearted and sad. My gosh. Where have I been for a week?
Cathleen!!!!!

Kitty!!!!!!!

And so many others. I am so sorry and I pray to GOD yall are alright!!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #579
Blabbermouth!!!

Shanan I had NO idea this storm was so bad!!! I cant stop crying for all those that lost their lives and the ones still in harms way and all that has been lost forever......I must go to bed before I make myself sick. I dont handle stress as well as I use to....Love each one of you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

be safe
Old 11-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #580
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
ML I will be thinking of you tomorrow
Good that your able to fufill a promise like that, pray you have a safe trip.
Thank you Shanan
Old 11-03-2012, 03:36 AM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML, It will be a hard trip but you will feel so much better knowing you have fulfilled your promise I'm sure it has been on your mind Nutbush! That's a place that Tina Turner sings about Love that song Take care and get some rest when you can
Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Hello my dears, I made it through the storm ok, some of my friends had lots of damage. So sad. My pc is still very bad, am amazed I can log on. I have a show in a week, so will have PC fixed then. Love y'all. Please hold my place ... will get back on LC after my show.

xoxoox
ebeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cathleen! We miss you! Hope you have a great show
Old 11-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cathleen,
So glad you made it through the storm OK!!!
I am sorry about your computer....that can be so frustrating!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Sounds like all you eastcoasters are okay.

My SIL lost her home in Far Rockaway; it washed away. She was evacuated already.
The rest of my daughters family did okay but, of course, are still w/o power.
I am so glad I don't live there now....the worst things that happened before were blackouts and giant snow storms.

We will see a crime wave like N. O., I'm sure.
Actually, I won't because I refuse to watch.

Louie, sorry about your bro. How old is he?

Hope you find some joy in your day.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post

My SIL lost her home in Far Rockaway; it washed away. She was evacuated already.
I am so glad I don't live there now....the worst things that happened before were blackouts and giant snow storms.

Jem that is awful! So sorry for your SIL! Atleast everyone was safe that's about the only way to look at it.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #587
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
ML, It will be a hard trip but you will feel so much better knowing you have fulfilled your promise I'm sure it has been on your mind Nutbush! That's a place that Tina Turner sings about Love that song Take care and get some rest when you can
She grew up there a few miles from my family. When we made the turn to get to the very old Nutbush church we turned on Tina Turner Road! I was so happy to see they had named the road after her! We spent many Sundays there and most of my family on bio-dads side is buried there. I was able to place some flowers for my mamaw She has been gone since 1969. She died at 61, my age today

It was dark when we got there. Took us almost 2 hours to find our family's tomb. Many changes since I was last there. Me and sis going back as soon as we can. Probably be next year.

I have a new picture of myself to post. After I figure out how to make it small enough. It was taken last night by my x-sister in law. Not a full body shot but a wide smile. I thought she got me all the way to my shoes. When I opened my mail I was like gosh!

I did rest up. Feel so what better today.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #588
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
Hello my dears, I made it through the storm ok, some of my friends had lots of damage. So sad. My pc is still very bad, am amazed I can log on. I have a show in a week, so will have PC fixed then. Love y'all. Please hold my place ... will get back on LC after my show.

xoxoox
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Cathleen!! SO happy and very glad you are okay!
All of our computers are getting too old! Mine is a 2002. If son was not a pro I'd be bad messed up!! He is getting as much life from this one as possible.

Good luck with your last show! Hoping you sell it all. Your work is beautiful!!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #589
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and sorry some friends of yours was not lucky!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Hi ML SO Glad to see you back! I have been thinking and researching all last week and decided to start the HCG diet and then after I get some weight off me swith back to juddd for maintenance. I just still have so much to lose and I am not making anywhere near the progress I had expected to at this point. The 3 week portion I started today is 21 days. Very limited menu but I just need something to show results.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #591
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post

OH I am so sorry for your SIL! I hope your daughters family get their power back asap!

My brother had a surprise for me. He is walking around again!! He still has to sleep with a C-path, but he looks like he is making some good progress. I carried him a meal. Yellowfin tuna with olive oil foil pack and few slices of hard cheese and mustard and dill pickles from his fridge. He said you like this stuff. I said Danny look at the new me! Do you like "my stuff"! I sat on what leg I could find and gave him a big sister hug. He hollered out, CAMERAS!!! Louie is sitting in my lap!

HE JUST MAY BEAT HIS WAR ON FAT!!!!!

I told him he didnt want me riding a bus back and cleaning out his fridge and putting Zero foods in there! Dont have money to even get a bus ticket but he did promise to stop drinking fruit juice and eating pasta!!

But he is still a very sick man!
Danny is 51 years old.....
Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #592
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi ML SO Glad to see you back! I have been thinking and researching all last week and decided to start the HCG diet and then after I get some weight off me swith back to juddd for maintenance. I just still have so much to lose and I am not making anywhere near the progress I had expected to at this point. The 3 week portion I started today is 21 days. Very limited menu but I just need something to show results.
Hi SL me SO GLAD to be back! Yesterday I could hardly walk, I was so worn out. Feel tons better this morning! Rode in sons new Ram. Sitting and riding is still sitting and riding I don't care if it is a powder puff it will get U! At least it does me.

I dont know anything about HCG. But isn't that the hormones from a pg. woman?
What kinds of limited food do you eat?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Hi SL me SO GLAD to be back! Yesterday I could hardly walk, I was so worn out. Feel tons better this morning! Rode in sons new Ram. Sitting and riding is still sitting and riding I don't care if it is a powder puff it will get U! At least it does me.

I dont know anything about HCG. But isn't that the hormones from a pg. woman?
What kinds of limited food do you eat?
ML yes sitting for so long can really make you stiff.
yes but I was seeing so many people who lose lose to a pound a day on it. The ones that stick to the diet exactly. Funny from the research I read from the doctor who created the plan the hormone works similarly to what the atkins diet does on your body. Atkins forces our body to burn fat instead of glucose when you take out sugar and starches. HGC just makes it kind of work faster and protects our body from the low calories you eat on it. I read the whole paper but it made alot of sense. It involves 1st. 2 loading days where you take the hcg and eat high fat, high calorie they say there are 3 kinds of fat stores in your body. Normal, organ and abnormal. Normal is like breasts and the fat that keeps your face from looking haggard. Organs are protected by the other fat, but abnormal fat is what hcg gets rid of apparently you don't lose your "girls" and also once you lose all abnormal fat you don't lose anymore with it. Anyway you do 2 loading days then day 3-21 or up to 42 you do phase 2 which there's a list of allowed foods. No variations and small servings like here's my menu today: bk. 1 Apple
Lunch. (3.5 oz raw) grilled chicken, 1/2 tomato w/ sea salt
1 melba toast
Dinner. (3.5 oz raw) talapia, handful spinach
1 melba toast, 1 orange.
that's it! You can have veal, lean beef, chicken breast, white fish, lobster crab or seafood.
no pork or turkey ect. 2xs a day 3.5 oz raw.
2 cups of veggies but only certain ones I only liked cucmbers, tomato and spinach and asparagus out of the choices and onion.
No oi or butter only vinager, sea salt, pepper, mustard powder and spices with no sugars.
2 fruits out of apple, orange, 6-9 strawberries,and 1/2 grapefruit.
You can't go over 500 calories and have to eat by the book.. but the people on it lose alot pretty fast. After the phase you got to 21 days of just basic low carb with 800- 1000 cal per day. This is supposed to set your weight. Then you do 21 days where you eat your regular alorie allowance to maintain and slowly add in sugar and carbs. If you gain more than 2 lbs above our low weight you do a correction day there's a list look like fat fasts kinda. I do like that idea nip it in the bud before you gain too much back. Then if you need to you do another round starting at the beginning to lose more. The average loss is 15 lbs in 21 days. I have lost 14lbs in more than 4 months. So I wanna try it out. Its only 3 weeks on the low cal so its not too bad. Plus I like knowing exactly what to eat.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #594
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry Shanan, I fell asleep sitting here!
Keep me up on how you do. With the woe you will eat you should lose a lot!

Past few days I have been near IF!

I did eat off plan saturday. Chiness. Nut I did nothing but spend most of my time in the bathroom with my 2 , 8 yo. grand daughters!

Tomorrow sis turns 60. She will finally be in them wonderful numbers. LOL

I hope I get back all my get up and go tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ML,
I am so glad that your brother is doing better!
That must be a great relief!!!
Happy Birthday to your sister!
You are very close in age!

Wow SL,
HCG sounds kind of complicated.
I guess everything does at first.
I will be looking forward to hear how it works out for you.

I am stuck like a stick in the mud.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Hi ML,
I am so glad that your brother is doing better!
That must be a great relief!!!
Happy Birthday to your sister!
You are very close in age!

Wow SL,
HCG sounds kind of complicated.
I guess everything does at first.
I will be looking forward to hear how it works out for you.

I am stuck like a stick in the mud.
Heather you have already lost so much weight. Your body has to adjust. You have done great! Im just so used to going low carb and losing steady 35-40 lbs. In 4 months. This is more like I ant even really get going. I know it is in large part my bc shot im not that much older. I need to get it moving somehow.
I had some talapia with fresh spinach torn up overtop of it drizzled with rice vinager that has garlic chunks in the bottle. I added onion powder, garlic salt and seasalt and pepper. It actually turned out great.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Heather you have already lost so much weight. Your body has to adjust. You have done great! Im just so used to going low carb and losing steady 35-40 lbs. In 4 months. This is more like I ant even really get going. I know it is in large part my bc shot im not that much older. I need to get it moving somehow.
I had some talapia with fresh spinach torn up overtop of it drizzled with rice vinager that has garlic chunks in the bottle. I added onion powder, garlic salt and seasalt and pepper. It actually turned out great.
Thanks Shanan for your very kind words.
I am just glad to not be going back up.
That is a huge accomplishment for me.

I have been feeling like I need to start an exercise program....at least walking.
I do hate to sweat so I am waiting for the weather to cool down again...it was 90 here today!!!!!

That talapia(sp?) sounds just wonderful. Did you bake it or grill it?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Thanks Shanan for your very kind words.
I am just glad to not be going back up.
That is a huge accomplishment for me.

I have been feeling like I need to start an exercise program....at least walking.
I do hate to sweat so I am waiting for the weather to cool down again...it was 90 here today!!!!!

That talapia(sp?) sounds just wonderful. Did you bake it or grill it?
I baked it, usually we grill or broil it but I was afraid it would be dry without the butter or oil. 90 degrees gosh where are you heather? Im in florida and it was upper 70's yesterday. Although with the humidity it felt alot hotter..
Old 11-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I baked it, usually we grill or broil it but I was afraid it would be dry without the butter or oil. 90 degrees gosh where are you heather? Im in florida and it was upper 70's yesterday. Although with the humidity it felt alot hotter..
I am in Orange county CA.
This is unusually hot even for us.
We a supposed to be in the 60's with rain on friday.
Really looking forward to that!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/173/120
WOE: stillman weekdays/Atkins week-ends
Start Date: September 2nd 2014
Hi Louie,,,,,
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote