Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Hey everyone! ML I am also tying to stay under 30% protein. That new thread filled up fast! ML I do most of my posting on my smartphone and its a pain to cut and paste on here that's why I don't post my food log/ percentages. My md yesterday was 1143. that's a little high I usually shoot for 1000 on mondays. Today is my DD. I don't really get too tired from it ML. I just am a little tire d all of the time anyway but I think that's my work hours. The days I have dd I always seem to get more done at home and I get work done faster too. Maybe because I am not sitting around eating lol. I get tired when I eat too much.
Trying to keep protein down is the hardest thing I have ever had to do! 6 slices of sugar free low sodium bacon is about as much protein from meat that I can eat with DD and UD on LC.

I bet I spent 2 hours this morning working out my food plan for the day. I am trying very hard to get 1,300 on UD and 600 on DD,

UD is hardest for me. I got ansy last night and felt like I was gona come out of my skin wanting chocolate. So I took HWC 3 tab, then filled the mug with water. Then I nuked it with 100% cocoa, zero sugar, from one of those big bars. I added my sweet drop's stevia and it was so wonderful. It may mess me up for a couple days but it was one of those do or lose my mind situations!!!!
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

You have two ways of looking at DD/UD

Dr. Johnson has a calculator and you can also go to any weight management web site to get you kcals amount for weight loss. The one I used to come up with 1,300 to lose a pound a week, is where I log food to get my % of everything at. So I cut the DD in half.

I finally have my day planned. Fixing to post my intake for today.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Good morning Mary Louise!
I guess it is not morning for you where you are.
Wow, you really do a good and methodical job planing out your days menu!
While I have been doing Atkins, (induction level-eat till you are full) I have not gone hungry that often. Do you get hungry much on UD/DD eating plan? How do you handle it if you do.

I thought you were very creative with the HWC and the Cocoa.
Sometimes when I feel desperate I will mix some SF syrup in some cream cheese and that seams to help!
I dread those times because I am always worried I will go off plan.
You did good Mary Louise!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi Heather and SL and Cathleen

FIL being moved to a skilled nursing center. I am so relieved as he will get all the physical therapy he needs. He has to keep his arm in a sling for 2 weeks because of the newly implanted pacemaker. He can only walk about 4 ft assisted so the case manager suggested the skilled nursing center. Fortunately Medicare and his companion policy pays for it. I didn't kow how we would handle it alone.

Can't believe I stayed on plan, but having to guess at calories.

Jem , I am such a dog lover. Hope he/she is better.

Will try to post later, if not love and hugs

Linda
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

I was going to post it but I need to wait. I still haven't gotten it completely planned. I think I have changed it around at least 4 times

I'm trying my best to get as much veggie carb in as I can. Going so long without any and I am for sure loving eating them.

This morning I ate one ounce of hard cheese and 2 ounces of a peeled Gala apple fresh from Sister's backyard! I only brought one back. I wish I had brought more. It was

I want to put the very best nutrients into my body as I can! And continue to lose. Even if it takes me a month or longer to reach 160.

I too will MAKE myself drink a tall glass of ice water every morning from now on!
Thank you Cathleen!

I may not be walking up The Atkins Ladder as per his plan. But I am walking up the rungs. I have thought a lot about this. My age and my health problems must be taken into consideration while losing to goal.

Most important to me, is keeping blood sugar as low as possible.........while continuing too lose weight............................................ .................................................. ..........!

Old 09-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Hi Heather and SL and Cathleen

FIL being moved to a skilled nursing center. I am so relieved as he will get all the physical therapy he needs. He has to keep his arm in a sling for 2 weeks because of the newly implanted pacemaker. He can only walk about 4 ft assisted so the case manager suggested the skilled nursing center. Fortunately Medicare and his companion policy pays for it. I didn't kow how we would handle it alone.

Can't believe I stayed on plan, but having to guess at calories.

Jem , I am such a dog lover. Hope he/she is better.

Will try to post later, if not love and hugs

Linda

Hi Linda!!!!
Long time no see!!!
So sorry about your FIL!
My grandpa had a pacemaker implanted when he was in his 90's.
I hope and pray that your FIL does well.

Good for you for staying on plan during a stressful time!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Good morning Mary Louise!
I guess it is not morning for you where you are.
Wow, you really do a good and methodical job planing out your days menu!
While I have been doing Atkins, (induction level-eat till you are full) I have not gone hungry that often. Do you get hungry much on UD/DD eating plan? How do you handle it if you do.

I thought you were very creative with the HWC and the Cocoa.
Sometimes when I feel desperate I will mix some SF syrup in some cream cheese and that seams to help!
I dread those times because I am always worried I will go off plan.
You did good Mary Louise!
Heather, it takes time working out all the %, but so worth it. I have changed the plan for today a few times and will post it after H gets back from town and I see what he was able to bring back.

I don't get hungry. Oh I have a few times but I have found things to fill the void. I dont even really say I'm hungry anymore. I refer to it as my empty (void)

Hunger is a healthy thing. Not something to fear.

Plan your food.
I know we ate mindlessly on Induction. But those days need to be behind us.

If I could just see a weeks worth of your food I think I could scrap out why you are stalled...
Posting everything will help you soooooooo much. I don't care if it is just a drop of real chocolate. Or a bite here or there. Post everything. Everything. Hard to cheat or not eat if you are true to thy own self.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda I am going to dig until I find an answer!

Love you sweetie
Old 09-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Linda!!!!
Long time no see!!!
So sorry about your FIL!
My grandpa had a pacemaker implanted when he was in his 90's.
I hope and pray that your FIL does well.

Good for you for staying on plan during a stressful time!
She did do good didn't she!!

Hospitals are the MOST fatting place to BE!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Tuesday 9.18 UD...1,300 kcals needed....

fat- 89.98
carb- 28.20
sugar- 8.21
ncarbs-17.70
prot.- 45.24
kcals- 1,145

carb- 10%
fat- 71%
prot.- 19%

RDI- 88%

I am still going to try to get all of the 1,300 I need for today.

Hope everyone is doing great.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Thanks everyone.
Lucy seems to be doing fine but she seemed fine until the episode which consisted of vomit, blood and poop...sometimes in combination.
It lasted a few hours w the rectal bleeding continuing until today but diminishing.

I did not think she would live the way things were going but she never really blinked an eye and even at the worst time she was trying to con the vet out of treats...diminished energy but if you didn't know her, you may not realise it.

She must have gotten a perforation from all the deer bones she brings home. They are mostly old and brittle....At least I'm hoping it's that and not some horrible, incurable disease.

Really, so scary.

ML, I didn't get any new info but everyone agrees that first get it blasted and then have the smaller pieces squeezed out.
If that is not possible then better to have the gland removed completely since just surgically opening the duct will result in scar tissue which is not flexible so problems may persist.

In the mean time keep massaging it out of the way so the saliva can drain. And avoid dry mouth, encouraging saliva w lemon or some such.
Just a drop every now and then...enough to make you pucker and salivate.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Fat 120.9
Carbohydrate 15.2
Protein 70.2
Calories 1,431

fat (75%)
Protein (21%)
Carb (4%)

Well they you have it Mary Louise.
I was particularly good today.
It was one of those not so hungry days.
I really would like to lower my protein some more.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bridget69
Stats: 280/272/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2012
Hi...I've been reading thru the other thread for a couple days now and decided to stop lurking.

I am on day 13 of induction and am trying to decide whether to up my carbs a little. I've been below 20 every day. I'm really excited about this because it may be the first time I've not "cheated" on a "diet" from the very beginning.

I did Atkins back in the late 80's and lost a bunch of weight, but saw it as just another diet.

This time it is a lifestyle change. I did a lot of research before taking up this challenge. It is quite a challenge for me as I have never been a big meat eater. This seemed like the best, non-drug related approach to deal with my weight, high cholesterol, and now diabetes.

Bridget
Bridget69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Thanks everyone.
Lucy seems to be doing fine but she seemed fine until the episode which consisted of vomit, blood and poop...sometimes in combination.
It lasted a few hours w the rectal bleeding continuing until today but diminishing.

I did not think she would live the way things were going but she never really blinked an eye and even at the worst time she was trying to con the vet out of treats...diminished energy but if you didn't know her, you may not realise it.

She must have gotten a perforation from all the deer bones she brings home. They are mostly old and brittle....At least I'm hoping it's that and not some horrible, incurable disease.

Really, so scary.

ML, I didn't get any new info but everyone agrees that first get it blasted and then have the smaller pieces squeezed out.
If that is not possible then better to have the gland removed completely since just surgically opening the duct will result in scar tissue which is not flexible so problems may persist.

In the mean time keep massaging it out of the way so the saliva can drain. And avoid dry mouth, encouraging saliva w lemon or some such.
Just a drop every now and then...enough to make you pucker and salivate.
Jem when I was young we had the sweetest dog in the world. His name was Friskie. We fed him chicken bones and we did not know how we were slowly causing him to die much too soon. You know the young and dumb........

He started getting sick and finally weeks later, mama took him to the vet. I was with her. He laid Friskie on his back and brought his hind legs up and pressed on his belly. I will NEVER forget that day. All of the chicken bones came up and out. It was a horrible sight.

The bones had torn up his insides. To this day I will fight a dog for a chicken bone. Once several years ago my Pandee grabbed a thigh bone and I chased her under the bed. I crawled under it with her and I got that bone out of her mouth! She scared me to death.

Bones are BAD BAD. I have asked my son so many times , cant count, to stop letting his dog have deer bones but he will not listen to me. She is a beautiful red lab.

I understand you can not control her going and getting them bones. Is there any way you can get her vet to do exploratory surgery and repair her torn intestines?
The way you have described it, it sounds like this is for sure her problem. I will pray for your friend.

Jem I am what this state calls charity, indigent. I can not get Medicare until I turn 65. They probably will not even have any help like Medicare and Medicaid when I reach 65.

This is why they said NOTHING to me about blasting the stone! Upsets me a lot. I have read up on this. All the info I have gleamed says if left untreated it can turn cancerous.

Jem I am sure you know the odds I will come out with permanent nerve damage and have a sagging left side face, forever.
I will continue to do the lemon and massage. Jem did I tell you he almost had it out and he stopped!
I have yet to understand why he stopped!
But I really think I know. He would not have made anymore money for his next car payment.
He charged us almost 500 dollars to see me two times. And the Ar. teaching hospital wants 500 upfront to even see me. When the doctor here did that Doppler test he saw a blockage in the Cortoroid artery. Would not do the surgery until I have been cleared by a heart doctor.

Today I am taking Pomegranate and Nattokinase for the blockage.

Thank you Jem for helping me. And I hope your doggie recovers completely. We do love our animals.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Fat 120.9
Carbohydrate 15.2
Protein 70.2
Calories 1,431

fat (75%)
Protein (21%)
Carb (4%)

Well they you have it Mary Louise.
I was particularly good today.
It was one of those not so hungry days.
I really would like to lower my protein some more.
Is this from yesterday?
Can you put the food you ate and weight and cups of food??

Last edited by marylouise; 09-19-2012 at 03:06 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget69 View Post
Hi...I've been reading thru the other thread for a couple days now and decided to stop lurking.

I am on day 13 of induction and am trying to decide whether to up my carbs a little. I've been below 20 every day. I'm really excited about this because it may be the first time I've not "cheated" on a "diet" from the very beginning.

I did Atkins back in the late 80's and lost a bunch of weight, but saw it as just another diet.

This time it is a lifestyle change. I did a lot of research before taking up this challenge. It is quite a challenge for me as I have never been a big meat eater. This seemed like the best, non-drug related approach to deal with my weight, high cholesterol, and now diabetes.

Bridget
Bridget!

Yes Bridget it has to be a lifetime change to stop the going up and down. I have done that all of my life.

I feel great today. And the lifetime change is maintenance. Something I did not learn the past many times I have lots and regained!
We all will help you as much as possible. I am going to go get the link to Kitty's challenge thread. That thread has and will help many.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Dr. Robert Atkins 72' Extended Induction

I think this link will help you too.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Sarge's Trick the Treats Challenge!

And here is Kitty's link....
Old 09-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Is this from yesterday?
Can you put the food you ate and weight and cups of food??
Hello Mary louise

Yes, I posted it late last night.

Sorry I forgot amounts!
I will try and remember.

B-2 eggs, butter one tablespoon, 2 bacon,
coffee
L-1 sliced pickle with 2 oz of cream cheese
Dinner-1 large slice of my crustless quiche I am estimating
(2 eggs, 3 oz of heavy cream, 4 oz of cheese and two slices of bacon)

Now that I think about it I did have a small cut up pieces of broccoli in the quiche too. I only allowed myself two small pieces so my carbs are a little higher than I calculated.
All in all I am happy with my eating.

Today and tonight my husband is out of town so I have just been cooking for the kids and I have only had two slices of my leftover quiche, coffee and Diet tonic water, that is it!
It is only 3:51 here so I may get hungry later.
I have felt satisfied most of the day.
I am starting to feel more in control again.

Thanks for all you help and support!

My Mom was really confused this morning.
And shaky too. I told the nurse and it turned out that she was way over due for her medication!
I really did not know how much the medication helps her.
With in 20 min. she was feeling much better.

How are you doing?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget69 View Post

Bridget
Hi Bridget!

I am so excited for you!
I find Low carb way of eating so much easer than other diets I have tried!
I do think that meat and fat are a much better alternative to medication!!!
Good for you!
Looking froward to reading about you continued success!!!!

by the way I love your avatar!
My sentiments exactly!

Last edited by Annabel Lee; 09-19-2012 at 05:09 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #51
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: soontobesexy'ntx
Stats: 216/211/150
WOE: don't count carbs or eat them either!
Start Date: 12/5/14

Strangers!!
Well next week is my last week at work and they have already turned off our internet. So I'm posting from my DD's laptop! did I say I hate laptops the keyborad is too little talk about typing errors!!
The Dr put me on Crestor for 6 weeks to see if it will bring down my LDLs
Also asked if I would be interstead in WLS if I was successful I would be able to stop my HBP. Diab, and LDL meds. the only prob??
I'M TOO SKINNEY!! I would need to gain 10 lbs
Like DOV no prob !! one good out to eat meal and i would fit the program!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my goodness Mary Louise!
I did not know that about chicken bones and dogs.
How sad
You must have been terrified for Pandee!

I am so sorry about your salivary stone.
Does it pain you much?

If he almost had it out perhaps you could have him or an other doc try again?
Did it hurt when he almost had it?
Could they give you some kind of pain med. while he is trying to get it out?
I hope that our health care system changes for the better soon.
I will do the only thing I can for you and that is pray
Old 09-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobesexy'ntx View Post

Strangers!!
Well next week is my last week at work and they have already turned off our internet. So I'm posting from my DD's laptop! did I say I hate laptops the keyborad is too little talk about typing errors!!
Also asked if I would be interstead in WLS if I was successful I would be able to stop my HBP. Diab, and LDL meds. the only prob??
Too skinny for WLS
That must feel great!!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathleen, gosh it is great to see you!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobesexy'ntx View Post

Strangers!!
Butter-fly!

I dont understand what you are taking about.

Crestor is almost same as Niacin. I have a whole bottle of that stuff. I will NEVER take it again...I would go thru menopause again before I would ever place another one in my mouth. I thought I was dying.

But what is WLS?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

sexy...I understand now...
Old 09-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh my goodness Mary Louise!
I did not know that about chicken bones and dogs.
How sad
You must have been terrified for Pandee!

I am so sorry about your salivary stone.
Does it pain you much?

If he almost had it out perhaps you could have him or an other doc try again?
Did it hurt when he almost had it?
Could they give you some kind of pain med. while he is trying to get it out?
I hope that our health care system changes for the better soon.
I will do the only thing I can for you and that is pray
It only hurts when I eat and it swells up with saliva.

Chicken bones will kill a dog.
I loved that dog. Pandee died when she was 17 years from old age. My heart still hurts when I remember her feel and how she nursed her old cotton diaper. She was the love of my life. I helped her come into this world and back out. She was 4 days old when I went back and got her. Her mama and her siblings all died from parvo.............

Yes it did hurt when he did what he did. I was so upset at him when he would not continue.....
Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
It only hurts when I eat and it swells up with saliva.

Chicken bones will kill a dog.
I loved that dog. Pandee died when she was 17 years from old age. My heart still hurts when I remember her feel and how she nursed her old cotton diaper. She was the love of my life. I helped her come into this world and back out. She was 4 days old when I went back and got her. Her mama and her siblings all died from parvo.............

Yes it did hurt when he did what he did. I was so upset at him when he would not continue.....

Wow 17 is very old for a dog.
your love must have kept her going.
I have had may cats...oldest was with me for 23 years.
What a reception we will have when we get to heaven!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

My Callie lived to 23 years too!

She bit my second grand son on the tip of his nose. And she sleep in his daddys baby bed with my second born son.

Heather I am glad your mama got better after her meds.
Did you take your Mel. tonight?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Wednesday 9.19
DD

I have a headache again.

fat- 51.59
carb- 6.86
sugar- 3.63
ncarb- 5.46
prot.- 37.77
lcals- 667

carb- 4%
fat- 70%
prot.- 26%

RDI- 51%

Did good today. Guess what! I even ate an ounce of fresh pineapple

Had baked chicken. Did it to try to get more chicken for less kcals. But I don't think it made much difference on the kcals.
I ate 5 ounces of it.
I also ate 2 servings of green beans and one dill pickle. It was a good supper. I am a little empty. It is okay though. I hvae a fresh hot cup of Bigalow Cozy Chamomile tea I am sipping on.