Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #421
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Cathleen I really hope you feel better! Yes it seems confusing.
ML I think the 1000 calories a day seems so low too. Whatever you are doing now is working I guess I would just continue that as long as its livable for you.
Yea I need to just keep doing what I am doing and I am sure it will straighten it's self out.

I didnt really go out searching for anything. It came to me.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #422
Blabbermouth!!!

We in going to have bad weather here this weekend. If I can't get on line the weather is probably going to be the reason.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I think any protein amt under 100g is really hard to stick w on LC.
I know some of us who've followed high fat discovered that we did better on more protein.....

Not only that, when I added fat and reduced protein, I gained.
I am not saying that protein should be high, although, I am not sure about the amt, but we should not have to stress about it.

ML, you're doing great but you seem not to enjoy what you eat as much, which is why I am saying this.

I know that after stall/gain you changed cals/fat/ protein all at once and I believe you would've found the culprit by just changing one thing at a time.
This is just food for thought.

Even doing JUDDD, I do not have any real rules. If I want all meat/cheese one day that is what I will eat.
If I want a big greek salad, I'll have it.

Some days are high fat and some not so much.
I do stay LC and even include some starchier stuff sometimes but really do not desire sweets and such. If I want, I will turn to my LC recipes.

Atkins did mention that you need to lower fat as you increase carbs but there is nowhere that he said low fat AND he ate carbs!! AND fat.

Oh, and you should be able to enjoy the occasional beer but maybe not two the first time out.
You are really doing well at controlling your carb intake....even a beer!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #424
Blabbermouth!!!

I think my main complaint is the missing all you can eat fat, meat and cheese.....I'm sure it will pass.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
I think my main complaint is the missing all you can eat fat, meat and cheese.....I'm sure it will pass.
I hear you ML!!!!
I miss the days when I could eat 3 eggs, 6 bacon, vegetables and a huge steak and lose the next day!
But at least by lowing my protein and increasing my fat I am not starving.
Sometimes you just got to hang in there for a while!
You can do this....you are doing this!
Annabel Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Anyone heard from Linda??
Old 10-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #427
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Heather
Yes I do miss those days.
I am going to follow my body and listen to it tell me what to do.
I have been trying to eat too many veggies and that ounce of apple from time to time.
I agree I was eating too much protein.
I cut back too far though, I think.
I made some fat bombs last night.
Now I feel better. I ant sure of the right answers.
One thing I am sure of, I almost went totally insane yesterday.

So instead of blowing everything I have worked so hard to achieve, I am going to do moderate protein and enough fat to keep my cravings satisfied. And if in doing this means my calories will go up well they will just go up. Holding this weight I have lost is the most important thing for me to do today.

Linda is worn out. All the work she has done helping her FIL and Ed has drained her. She probably has both grand daughters this weekend too. Heather I will tell her you asked about her

Heather how are you today?
Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
I do not know how Linda does it. She is so sweet, she thinks of everyone else before herself.
We are just hangin in there ML ... from hour to hour ... some hours are easy deasy , and some hours we are wondering how we can do it.
I wish I did not feel so crummy. We have had cold and rain off and on so that is making me struggle. I am getting my work done though ... my last show of the year is a month from today and tomorrow. So my fingers are working!

I am holding my own same ol same ol .... protein under 60 , carbs as low as I can manage though most days are 20 to 25 and the rest of the calories up to 1200 or so is fat. My favorite thing these days is a hot cup of broth with garlic mrs dash , a little CO and a little butter. BOY HOWDY that hits the spot. I have that for dinner most days now.

(((( hugs to all of you my dears )))

Last edited by ebeads; 10-13-2012 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: said a word that probably was not acceptable , so changed it to crummy
ebeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

louie, I believe that too low protein can be counterproductive. Plus if you are filling the empty space w fat, you may stall or gain. ( I know some will disagree but many have found this to be true).

Heck, bodybuilders have been eating lots of lean protein for eons. Look at Jack LaLanne, he didn't get into the 'vegetarian' thing until around 90....maybe 80's.....still healthy and active until the end.
And look at plans like Dukan.

That said, you will never hear me say that fat is bad but there is a fine balance.

As for protein, there is also a wide range recommended by the 'experts'.

Ray Audette used to say, to get back on track, do some all meat days and that it'll only take a couple; I believe him.

I know that you will fall right back into it but maybe do a couple, at least, of eating bacon, eggs, pork neck bones, cheese....just for your own sanity.
Alternate days have allowed you appetite control and you will probably eat less even of these items.

You can't go wrong! Right?
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
I do not know how Linda does it. She is so sweet, she thinks of everyone else before herself.
We are just hangin in there ML ... from hour to hour ... some hours are easy deasy , and some hours we are wondering how we can do it.
I wish I did not feel so crummy. We have had cold and rain off and on so that is making me struggle. I am getting my work done though ... my last show of the year is a month from today and tomorrow. So my fingers are working!

I am holding my own same ol same ol .... protein under 60 , carbs as low as I can manage though most days are 20 to 25 and the rest of the calories up to 1200 or so is fat. My favorite thing these days is a hot cup of broth with garlic mrs dash , a little CO and a little butter. BOY HOWDY that hits the spot. I have that for dinner most days now.

(((( hugs to all of you my dears )))
Sometimes, well most times, it is one minute, hour and day at a time to get this right. And it will be gotten right.

Cathleen I wish you didn't feel so (crummy). It has been raining here off and on for the past few weeks. It does hurt most times. Monday when I got up it started. As soon as I got out of bed it was like I had been running for miles. From my waist dowwwwwwn
my joints hurt bad. I at first thought it was because I stayed outside so long and so late Sunday night. That was not why I felt So much Pain in my hip joints and all the way down to my ankles. Deep in my bones too. It is the cold rain I miss the days when it made me feel more alive. and sometimes I still do feel more alive when the Skies are gray.

I know I must learn how to hold my weight, but not yet. It seems like I get ahead only to be throw backwards. At least I lost 13 pounds doing the DD-UD. I am kind of just floating this weekend. I did not eat much yesterday. Not because I did it on purpose, I just didn't want anything after I ate bacon and eggs. I did eat many fat bombs.
Next time I make them they will be measured. I know to sit around pig out on FB, it will only throw my weight sky high. The humorous craving drove me over the edge. It was FB or Carbage so I made and ate fat bombs.

If I am not losing I fight hard to get it moving again. The way I feel about that is, I am getting older as I post these words. I am sooooo close to the 150 I feel wonderful at. So for me it is 150 or bust trying to get there.

Linda is worn out. Most weekends she has both grand daughters. Linda we do miss you and we know when you are fully A-OK you will be back. Linda please take care of Linda, too.

Cathleen I am so sorry you feel crummy
Old 10-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Hi ML! ((((( hugs hugs hugs my dear))) Our sweet Linda is in my prayers, too. You gals are so very special to me. Thank you for being here for me in spirit even when I am not looking at this board I feel you both in my thoughts.

It is hard, ML, but you will keep figuring it out. The heck of it is ... just when you think you have a way, the game changes. I am having a lot of soup these days ( home made, VLC with a little CO and a little butter in it!) Having my protein and my vitamins, too. I am scared to death to get on that scale. I don't need to, I am just stayin right with my food, that is all that counts.

Sending much love,

Cathleen
Old 10-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #432
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
louie, I believe that too low protein can be counterproductive. Plus if you are filling the empty space w fat, you may stall or gain. ( I know some will disagree but many have found this to be true).

Heck, bodybuilders have been eating lots of lean protein for eons. Look at Jack LaLanne, he didn't get into the 'vegetarian' thing until around 90....maybe 80's.....still healthy and active until the end.
And look at plans like Dukan.

That said, you will never hear me say that fat is bad but there is a fine balance.

As for protein, there is also a wide range recommended by the 'experts'.

Ray Audette used to say, to get back on track, do some all meat days and that it'll only take a couple; I believe him.

I know that you will fall right back into it but maybe do a couple, at least, of eating bacon, eggs, pork neck bones, cheese....just for your own sanity.
Alternate days have allowed you appetite control and you will probably eat less even of these items.

You can't go wrong! Right?
Jem I for sure agree filling the empty spot with fat will make me gain. It has happened too many times to say that can't or want happen.

Yes meat days does help, but I don't exercise like Jack did. Boy that sure awakened the late 50's and early 60's. Mama did work out with him daily. Her and her BFF.

Protein is a must for life and too much without exercise will stall me for sure. The kcals restriction was working. Then bam-bam. STOP! I really think I started adding too many veggies. My blood sugar was fine but it sat around in my belly too long, I think.

Me no like STOPS.....

Yes I am eating less of everything. The slightest fullness I dump my plate.

Have you went window looking again, yet? It is fun to look at all the new things and dream of being 1,000 miles away staring at the stars.........Have you seen the washer/dryer combo? I seen one in a travel trailer sales park in Memphis. It would be on my have to have list!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #433
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi ML! ((((( hugs hugs hugs my dear))) Our sweet Linda is in my prayers, too. You gals are so very special to me. Thank you for being here for me in spirit even when I am not looking at this board I feel you both in my thoughts.

It is hard, ML, but you will keep figuring it out. The heck of it is ... just when you think you have a way, the game changes. I am having a lot of soup these days ( home made, VLC with a little CO and a little butter in it!) Having my protein and my vitamins, too. I am scared to death to get on that scale. I don't need to, I am just stayin right with my food, that is all that counts.

Sending much love,

Cathleen
Soup. Gosh that sounds very good! I may be able to find enough bones laying around to come up with a pot.

I go a day without getting on them scales and I am scared to get on them the next day. I am a constant weigher. Much too scared not to weigh.....

Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is soup season for sure.

The local grocery outlet had shiritake noodles so I bought a bunch for a quick DD soup but the other night I dug out some chuck steaks which were not tender enough for just steak and made a beef vegie soup. Turnips are great and I also added a carrot along w the usual celery, onion and garlic.....and, of course, some red pepper flakes.

Boy did that hit the spot!

Louie, I am window shopping and hope to get some deal now that camping season has ended.
I only plan to buy a 24'ish foot, class B, so won't have the washer/dryer. Most decent parks have nice laundry facilities so I'll just wait til I pull into one.
I would really like to host...somewhere.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #435
Blabbermouth!!!

Now is a good time to be looking.

I am still amazed at how brave you are. I would be a big chicken to do what you are planning on doing. What does host mean?

I feel lots better. Going back to induction was a very good thing for me to do. I made a batch of the fat bombs and ate them all yesterday. Lot of fat and cheese went in me. Plus I sprinkled cocoa on them.
I must be full up because the second batch did not interest me so much. I may need to add another box of cream cheese to this batch. And I have a feeling they will last me much longer than one day!

I ant losing but I ant gaining either. A couple more days and I will be getting back to losing.....
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Hi ML, Jem, Heather, Cathleen and Linda! I talked to Dawn on the Juddd thread this weekend (she has lost over 80 lbs in the last 10 months on juddd) I was asking her about her woe and have decided to go by a strict rotation no more middays on Monday and really go by the real numbers from the juddd calculator instead of 500dd and 2000 ud I will be doing 1930 ud and and 391 dd. It will be really hard to have dd's on my days off but Dawn said she did a strict rotation and that's why she continued losing. I am sick of messing around. I have never felt like I have such little self esteem as I have lately. I feel so unattractive and it has really been effecting my relationship with my bf. I have been acting grumpy and jealous and acting crazy lately and I just want to feel good about myself again!

Last edited by sweetlady2k; 10-15-2012 at 12:52 AM..
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

(((( Shanan )))) sorry you are having a hard time with it all. When we are not feeling too spiffy , any sort of regular schedule is very centering and calming. We can focus on our task and not let our minds carry us away into crazy what-if thoughts. I hope you have excellent success on the Judd. I tried the up day down day thing for a while and it really did help the scale more, but it was just too hard on me. Dealing with the bad back, fibro and pain issues, I am just not as strong as the "average" gal, so I have gone back to a regular plan watching all my food values. I KNOW that the UD DD tricks your body to not going into a stall so it is a great thing! I just can't do it. I wish you the very very best! xoxox
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #438
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Hi ML, Jem, Heather, Cathleen and Linda! I talked to Dawn on the Juddd thread this weekend (she has lost over 80 lbs in the last 10 months on juddd) I was asking her about her woe and have decided to go by a strict rotation no more middays on Monday and really go by the real numbers from the juddd calculator instead of 500dd and 2000 ud I will be doing 1930 ud and and 391 dd. It will be really hard to have dd's on my days off but Dawn said she did a strict rotation and that's why she continued losing. I am sick of messing around. I have never felt like I have such little self esteem as I have lately. I feel so unattractive and it has really been effecting my relationship with my bf. I have been acting grumpy and jealous and acting crazy lately and I just want to feel good about myself again!
189! Shanan you are in the 80's. Thats new isn't it? You have been 191 for a while if I am remembering right. This is great.

There are 2 Dawns doing Juddd. Is it the Dawn with a daughter that has type 1 diabetes? I'm thinking it is the other Dawn....

I think I will continue for 2 more days. I have went down a little but nothing to get excited about. I am doing zero right now.
I don't think I can get the UD's that high in kcals. It will drive my BS up too high, I think. I need to go back and see what you said my true numbers are doing JUDDD the Juddd way.....

Not feeling good about yourself can for sure upset everything. How is bf doing on his woe? Is he still losing?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #439
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
(((( Shanan )))) sorry you are having a hard time with it all. When we are not feeling too spiffy , any sort of regular schedule is very centering and calming. We can focus on our task and not let our minds carry us away into crazy what-if thoughts. I hope you have excellent success on the Judd. I tried the up day down day thing for a while and it really did help the scale more, but it was just too hard on me. Dealing with the bad back, fibro and pain issues, I am just not as strong as the "average" gal, so I have gone back to a regular plan watching all my food values. I KNOW that the UD DD tricks your body to not going into a stall so it is a great thing! I just can't do it. I wish you the very very best! xoxox
Morning Cathleen
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
189! Shanan you are in the 80's. Thats new isn't it? You have been 191 for a while if I am remembering right. This is great.

There are 2 Dawns doing Juddd. Is it the Dawn with a daughter that has type 1 diabetes? I'm thinking it is the other Dawn....

I think I will continue for 2 more days. I have went down a little but nothing to get excited about. I am doing zero right now.
I don't think I can get the UD's that high in kcals. It will drive my BS up too high, I think. I need to go back and see what you said my true numbers are doing JUDDD the Juddd way.....

Not feeling good about yourself can for sure upset everything. How is bf doing on his woe? Is he still losing?
No ML I was down to 181 now have crept up to 189 as of yesterday. I will weigh today and see how it goes. I checked my tracker which I did all week and I only had 1 day over 1000 calories it was 1100 something but all of my down days were around 800 or 900. So there were really no "down" days or updays either! I gained about 4 lbs since Tuesday.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

ML I am not sure if he's lost weight or not. He is still eating on his plan but really hasn't said anything about weight yet. He is trying to lose some but his main reason is just trying to get healthier. He has been not having much energy and slightly depressed, probably a testosterone issue. He read up and got some suppliments and is trying to eat healthier and excersise. He wouldn't go to the doctor he's afraid of needles! And probably embarassed too. Hopefully it helps him.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

Gosh I am sorry I made that mistake. Gaining is a shell shocker and a wonderful depressor. I know it sure as crud depresses me! I wonder if bf is going through with-drawler's from running on high sugar, cokes and such things... I dont want to make this post about me, but Shanan I am back from the temp weight gain. Doing the EXTREME Induction helped me get back on track with losing. I think I will continue like this for 2 more days. Then go back with UD-DD and CC Restriction. Carb and Kcal Restriction is a very healthy woe, I think.
We are gona get this right!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!
Wow I have missed a lot over this weekend!

ML I am so glad that you are doing extreme induction and that it is working for you!!!!
How was your weekend?

Shanan I am so sorry you are not feeling good right now.
I can really relate to feeling unattractive sometimes.
Somedays are just like that.
It is a feeling not a reality.
You have a beautiful smile!

CathleenI am so sorry you are having bad back, fibro and pain issues.

Sure hope you are feeling better.
You must have so much to do to prepare for you last show.

jem51 I really admire what you said about rules! "Even doing JUDDD, I do not have any real rules. If I want all meat/cheese one day that is what I will eat.
If I want a big greek salad, I'll have it."

This would be my ultimate goal, to maintain and have the ability to be a little flexible.
Don't know it I will every get there but I am impressed with you doing it! Cute dog by the way!

Linda

I had a good and busy weekend.
Stayed on my WOE and I am so happy to say that I am down an other pound today!
That is 2 pounds in a week.
This is very fast for me!
This is working for me right now!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

ML I am glad you are back on track! Thanks heather! I weighed 186.6 today. Its a down day so I didn't eat yet but plan on having some chicken later. Even though I wasn't doing juddd exactly right the weight does go down on dd. It also goes up on ud! Just hopefully not as high! Still feeling pretty low today. Spent most of friday, sat and Sunday arguing with my bf and I know I definately dragged it out and did not let it die a natural death! So mostly my fault. He's nice about it though, just understanding even if I am being unreasonable
Old 10-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Hi all!
Wow I have missed a lot over this weekend!

ML I am so glad that you are doing extreme induction and that it is working for you!!!!
How was your weekend?

I had a good and busy weekend.
Stayed on my WOE and I am so happy to say that I am down an other pound today!
That is 2 pounds in a week.
This is very fast for me!
This is working for me right now!
It was okay. Food wise I am a few ounces shy of being 159. I should be several pounds lighter by Wednesday. I do plan to go back to UD-DD with the Restriction on carbs and kcals and I will be upping my protein, some what.
I have been reading some other threads to see how others stay at goal.

Not many are able to keep their weight loss off!

I must be one of the forever success stories. I'm real edgie. Best way to describe my mood. H. just came in wanting coffee and I wanted to box him upside his head.
I just finished putting him a homemade pumpkin pie in the oven. I am really getting wore down cooking this CARBAGE!
I could have made it low carb. You think he would eat it!!!!

If I was to put him on the same woe as I am on he would come out fighting like a wild Ferrel???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo
frustrating at times to keep putting up with all the cakes and pies and cookies! H is more over weight now than I am!

Let me punch this key board one more time!

H. is more over weight now that I am!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #446
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm not going to the Lobby for a while. Every time I do it puts too many thoughts into my head about eating this and that.......
Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Oh ML,I know how you feel. It is SOOOOO much harder when we have to cook all the stuff we can't have.That was always one of my problems.I would do good all day and cook Dh biscuits and I would ALWAYS talk myself into eating one,or I would buy HIM Oreo's but of course a few would always disappear It's so much easier with Dh doing this now too.He has a big tummy he needs to get off!Is there some kind of pie that he likes but you don't? I started buy Fig Newton's because I don't like them and wasn't tempted I know you have a VERY strong will to have lost as much as you have so just hang in there and think about how you will feel when you reach your final goal!
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

ML you can do it!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It was okay. Food wise I am a few ounces shy of being 159. I should be several pounds lighter by Wednesday. I do plan to go back to UD-DD with the Restriction on carbs and kcals and I will be upping my protein, some what.
I have been reading some other threads to see how others stay at goal.

Not many are able to keep their weight loss off!

I must be one of the forever success stories. I'm real edgie. Best way to describe my mood. H. just came in wanting coffee and I wanted to box him upside his head.
I just finished putting him a homemade pumpkin pie in the oven. I am really getting wore down cooking this CARBAGE!
I could have made it low carb. You think he would eat it!!!!

If I was to put him on the same woe as I am on he would come out fighting like a wild Ferrel???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo
frustrating at times to keep putting up with all the cakes and pies and cookies! H is more over weight now than I am!

Let me punch this key board one more time!

H. is more over weight now that I am!
Wow ML that must be so tough!!!!!!
I have to cook for the kids but I won't make treats that are hard for me to control. I can buy them and leave them be, but if I make them it is really hard for me.
How about working out some sort of agreement like, baking him something special every two weeks or so?
Is there something special he likes but you hate?
You could make that.
I am not a fan of rhubarb pie, I could make that all day and not have a problem.
I might have a slight problem with the crust (I used to make the best crust).
OK that's it I must change the topic.
Making myself crave the crust.

Remember My dear friend music smoothes over a lot of things!
How about a little Gloria Gaynor singing I will survive?
This song always makes me feel better. I would post it but it will be Christmas before I figure it out

Hang in there....you can get past this
Old 10-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

At least I know how to do this