Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
Peeking in. Hello my dears and BIG BIG hugs. Tomorrow is my 5 months on plan anniversary WOW! Still LC all the way and under 60gms protein a day. I have given up on UD and DD, though. It is just too hard on me.But I will get 'er done... some day or other, some year or other. *smile* Not in the frame of mind to weigh right now, maybe in a couple of weeks. You are doing so well! Love ya!
Happy Anniversary Cathleen!!!!!!
Good for you for sticking with it for 5 months!!!!
I always say "inch by inch, row by row, going to make this garden grow".
"Slow and steady wins the race too!"
If you are eating under 60 g of carbs a day you are probably much much healthier than you were before you started this way of eating!!!
That is a wonderful thing!!!!
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
ML yes it is still hot here. The feels like temp was in the 90's. Because of the humidity it doesn't feel like the temp so we go by the feels like temp. Hopefully it gets cold this winter last winter was not cold! I have been trackng again and have lost 3 lbs so far since yesterday. But that was on a midday 900 and dd im at 200 so far today.
Tracking is at the top page of the to do list.

Here's why for me.

Saturday I did not track. I did it after I had ate. I thought about each bite and measured and weighed it in my head.
My brain scales were off.
1,459, a number here and there, is the total I got for Monday. And the worse part is it wasn't even that good a food. Well most was and one was processed. Do I have to say it? Yes you do.
I did not measure the cheese dip as well as I should have. I heated a plate of left over and added 3 tab. of the dip because it was dry. I should have used water.

And yes I was bad..bad..bad..bad

I ate good stuff, like my Yellowfin tuna and Dukes mayo, I did measure that. I measured everything except the cheese dip. The Rotel is low in kcals. So is the Velveeta. BUT I ate too much!

Eating the way I have been eating since starting the UP and DD is almost exactly like the old Weight Watchers. I can almost remember it by heart. Linda and I have talked about trying it.

Women get 1 slice of bread a day and men get 2 slice's.
Women get 2,4 and 6 ounces of meat a day.
Men get 4,6 and 8 ounces of meat a day.

Fruit too. A serving a day.
Banana's could not be eaten but once a week. A small banana.

At 61 I need to get a good balance of nutrients a day and this is my mission today.
The 2 things I have wrong with myself is old news.
I take extra supplements for these troubles and to help me stay strong. I must start doing things to make my heart stronger too.
Walking season is finally here.

I have in my younger years not been so concerned as today. But my health has to be included in my food choices. At the site that I am keeping my every bite at, it says I need 1,300 calories a day to lose one pound a week. That is how I came to deciding on eating no more than 650 on a DD.

Here is my thinking on that....

I dont know what to do.......

I am going to bed. Thats what I am going to do now.
My eyes are hurting again. Next will be my head.
Love you guys.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #363
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Peeking in. Hello my dears and BIG BIG hugs. Tomorrow is my 5 months on plan anniversary WOW! Still LC all the way and under 60gms protein a day. I have given up on UD and DD, though. It is just too hard on me.But I will get 'er done... some day or other, some year or other. *smile* Not in the frame of mind to weigh right now, maybe in a couple of weeks. You are doing so well! Love ya!
Cathleen this is what I am talking about.
You have made a wise decision I think.
Takes guts to do that.
Took a lot for me to give up with the former WOE.
I just knew Induction and gobs of bacon and CO was my answer for the only woe for me. I knew my body would not be able to tolerate veggies and fruit. But I was wrong.

Portion control is a ABSOLUTE for me!
And I am leaning toward a more balanced WOE. I know I can do the UD-DD woe. I have learned that. And I am still processing my thoughts. I have not came to a firm decision, yet. I need to sleep on it. Maybe for a few days......Maybe for a few hours. I don't know.

But one thing I am so very sure of. I will forever count calories. and meat. Lowering my meat consumption is VERY important to me.

I have found a product that will be the cutting meat part easier for me. It is Morning Star. The meatless burger and crumble.
I got 2 packs of the burger patties and one bag of the Crumbles. Dang stuff is good!
That and the packs of YellowFin Tuna packed in Olive oil. Last month I got a hand full this month I bought almost a whole box. It was 12 or 14. At least enough for 2 weeks and with the Morning Star I do have enough protein for the month. Well we both have enough for this month.

I have other stuff I can not eat like beans and rice for my H. if he needs it to get all the protein he needs for this month.

So I have bunches to think about.
Cathleen we gona get this done.
Heather you are figuring out what to do too lose. Stay the course Heather. YOU can do it.

Linda I hope you are doing okay.

I haven't heard from her or several others now in a while. I hope ya'll are doing great.
And the readers! I so want ya'll to be doing great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Did I see Paul?
The Beatles Paul?
No, I would have loved to!
You cooked dinner for him???!!!!
Is that for real or an expression I don't understand?
You are so interesting ML.
The way you write, your stories, your life,....you should write a book!!
Please do tell us about Paul.

My daughter is nuts over the Beatles!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

I wish!!!

Heather I was talking about on the Video. At the Grammies he was there. I saw him standing at the end giving Adele a grand hand at her singing that song.

She did A number 1 on her song. That woman can sure get folks up and smiling. I think she has one of the strongest voices I have ever heard!

She had a sparkle in her eyes when she was looking at everyone clapping for her!

Oh yea I fed Paul many times. Silly girl. It was a day dream I use to have when I was 11
Old 10-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #365
Blabbermouth!!!

nite
sweet thin dreams
Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
nite nite my dears
ebeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
nite nite my dears
My computer has been down all day
Old 10-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
ML,that sux! I know how it is to do without a computer as some of the campgrounds we stay in while DH is working don't have Wi-FI and I don't have a I-phone. makes for a LONG day!
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
ML,that sux! I know how it is to do without a computer as some of the campgrounds we stay in while DH is working don't have Wi-FI and I don't have a I-phone. makes for a LONG day!
I don't have one of those fancy new phones either! Cost so much to have one! Maybe in a couple years when they are old we can get one.
At least this is not dial-up. UGH! That was horrible. Snail mail could get out before I could!

We dont ever have cable tv. We are using the Antenna.

I waited to eat because I could not do the math. I am very dependent on my PC! Almost too dependent.
How did you do on plan today?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Tracking is at the top page of the to do list.

Here's why for me.

Saturday I did not track. I did it after I had ate. I thought about each bite and measured and weighed it in my head.
My brain scales were off.
1,459, a number here and there, is the total I got for Monday. And the worse part is it wasn't even that good a food. Well most was and one was processed. Do I have to say it? Yes you do.
I did not measure the cheese dip as well as I should have. I heated a plate of left over and added 3 tab. of the dip because it was dry. I should have used water.

And yes I was bad..bad..bad..bad

I ate good stuff, like my Yellowfin tuna and Dukes mayo, I did measure that. I measured everything except the cheese dip. The Rotel is low in kcals. So is the Velveeta. BUT I ate too much!

Eating the way I have been eating since starting the UP and DD is almost exactly like the old Weight Watchers. I can almost remember it by heart. Linda and I have talked about trying it.

Women get 1 slice of bread a day and men get 2 slice's.
Women get 2,4 and 6 ounces of meat a day.
Men get 4,6 and 8 ounces of meat a day.

Fruit too. A serving a day.
Banana's could not be eaten but once a week. A small banana.

At 61 I need to get a good balance of nutrients a day and this is my mission today.
The 2 things I have wrong with myself is old news.
I take extra supplements for these troubles and to help me stay strong. I must start doing things to make my heart stronger too.
Walking season is finally here.

I have in my younger years not been so concerned as today. But my health has to be included in my food choices. At the site that I am keeping my every bite at, it says I need 1,300 calories a day to lose one pound a week. That is how I came to deciding on eating no more than 650 on a DD.

Here is my thinking on that....

I dont know what to do.......

I am going to bed. Thats what I am going to do now.
My eyes are hurting again. Next will be my head.
Love you guys.
Well Louie how did you do today?
I for sure stayed on plan.
Still am just taking one day at a time.

I need to talk about the DD-UD.
The hardest thing for me is fat.
For sooooo long I have not had a limit on Fat or Meat.

I am not eating over my plan in amount, so far! BUT it is so hard! I love CO. LOVE IT!!!!

Now I am very limited to how much I can have.

But I shall NEVER give UP!!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #371
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi mama. Cheri put your picture back up for me last night.
The shirt she has on I am wearing it now.
I got it out of the storage bus last week.
She loved that shirt.

I dont know how I made it up and down the stair's in our 2 story as much as I weighed in that picture. I wrote 260 on the picture. I can see it and mama was 166.
I can make out the plus word on the picture......

I miss her so much I have trouble swallowing because the huge lump in my throat is in the way.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathleen are you going to stay low protein?
I do like the UD-DD but missing my high fat and plater steaks and it is so hard.

I knew it would get this way for me.
After eating meat eggs and cheese for 17 months, this is VERY HARD!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

HI ML

How are you today?
Sorry about your computer problems....can't live with them, can't live without them!

You have done so well lowering your protein and calories.
I had such a hard time lowering my protein. The only saving grace is the fact that I could up the fat. I don't think I could do both with out starving.
I am still a little hungary but not suffering
I maintained today but I am really looking forward to tomorrow!

How are things going with your house shopping?
Do you think you will be moved by christmas?

Oh my.....you are going to be going through the holidays in or below the 140s!!!!!!! Sometimes I think I will never get that little! You are such an inspiration....if you can perhaps I can too.
This is so exciting!!!!!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Love the picture of you and your Mama!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
IHi everyone! If anyone still remembers my story about the horrible mountain of boxes in my front room caused by my mom moving to germany and my boyfriend moving the rest of his stuff in, well i actually got it all out and put away today! It has been there for too long! I was really forced to clean it up since we are dogsitting for some friends and I hate the wife and couldn't stand for her to feel smug about it LOL!
ML you sound down about this today I hope you figure it out.
sweetlady2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #376
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather I miss my fat so bad!
I did good yesterday but for some reason the scales do not agree!
Did good today too!
Gosh I miss being able to eat all the meat eggs and cheese I want!
Must remind myself by the minute why I am on this WOE now.
I had stopped losing since March!

It is exciting to finally see the scale go down.
I think those 2 beers I drank messed me up. A very good reason to forgo any till at least after the first of January. Well I may have a drink or two during the holidays but it will not be beer.

I have been doing most of the holiday cooking for many years. If I can get into the low 40's and hold it till Christmas Eve I might just eat a Carbage meal

Holding is the true test!
And the 100+ I have lost was a walk in the park compared to this!
You must feel the same way........

I am keeping a binder diary of every bite and drink. I am still logging in my food at that site I use, but it is hard to keep it in here daily. I can understand completely if you and others find it just too difficult.

WE got a call today from my sister. She said as soon as the contract is up on the house in Tennessee a family wants to buy it. We are trying to find it. So far no luck. H. keeps up (sometimes) with all of that and he can not remember where he put it.

But we are getting the place next door in March. Did I forget to tell yall? Gosh if I did I am so sorry. And thank you Heather for asking about it. I fell in love the moment I walked in the front door.

They are moving somewhere up north to be closer to his daddy and their grand kids. He retires from the Post Office in March.
In 6 days we will have been in our bus for one YEAR! WOW Our poor dogs are getting so bored and gaining weight, a little bit. I bet muscles have turned to blubber. If they can hang in till March they will have their very own person doggie door to go outside and roll and run and breath in fresh air.

It sits on 2 acres and is a 3 bedroom mobile home with a huge den built on it. It is right here beside us. I can see it from my bed. Gidget is sitting up tall looking at the back of the bus. She can hear their dog barking. The wind is strong tonight and it is helping the sound met her little black ears. She is such a cute dog. We don't know what she is. She weighs around 12 pounds now. She weighed about 9 when we moved back home.

The den has a storm shelter built in it. He put it in and built the den around it. He did a very good job on everything he did to the home. The big bedroom is on one end ant the other two with bathroom on the other end. MY kitchen is huge! It has an island in the middle with the sink in it!!! Cabinets OH ME it has so many. I will have so MUCH FUN moving in!!!!!
Two pantry's! 2 of them!!!
All of the appliances stay. The fridge has some much room I want have any trouble cooking next years Christmas dinner with it. Plus it has a closed in patio out back. It is where the dogs have their own door to come in and out at. They will have to ask to be let back in the house.

It has a rock garden out back and we each have our own huge storage rooms!!!
Fencing too!
Huge cane is so pretty!

Our bedroom has a his and hers closet! And our bathroom has a huge not round bathtub with a free standing shower. I LOVE THE PLACE!!!

They have put new carpet in but we will be taking it out when we can. I don't like carpet. Its nice and all that but when you live in the country carpet is a no no for me.
We are going to bud a chicken coop and maybe a rabbit hutch or two. Good for many reasons. I love chickens and rabbits!
I just checked my blood sugar after a day of veggies and it is 105. Not bad!

I even have a few kcals left and just may eat one ounce of apple. I got several different kinds last week when I went food shopping. H. needs one so me just might wash it real good with soap and water and chow down on a huge ounce!!! :laughing:
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
IHi everyone! If anyone still remembers my story about the horrible mountain of boxes in my front room caused by my mom moving to germany and my boyfriend moving the rest of his stuff in, well i actually got it all out and put away today! It has been there for too long! I was really forced to clean it up since we are dogsitting for some friends and I hate the wife and couldn't stand for her to feel smug about it LOL!
ML you sound down about this today I hope you figure it out.
YES I remember your boxes! Good for you! You may not like her too much but she gave you the get-er done strength to do it!

No not ..well yes I guess I am a wee bit down. I miss FAT! And huge slabs of bacon and fat dripping steaks! And fried cheese!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #378
Blabbermouth!!!

I have several different kinds like I said and I chose the Honey Crisp apple. OH it is so good!
I weighed off one ounce and put an ounce back in fridge fro tomorrow.
H. is chowing down the rest. It is so good! The doggies of course got a share too!

This one ounce has 2.70 grams sugar
14 kcals
2.99 net carbs......

And it is worth every little bittie bite!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
YES I remember your boxes! Good for you! You may not like her too much but she gave you the get-er done strength to do it!

No not ..well yes I guess I am a wee bit down. I miss FAT! And huge slabs of bacon and fat dripping steaks! And fried cheese!
ML why don't you eat the fatty stuff on your upday. That is the one reason why I was so concerned about your calories on the up and down days not being very far apart. For real juddd its supposed to be 1000 to 1500 spread between the days. I know you've been losing doing what? 1300UD and 700DD? But that is only a 600 calorie difference between UD and DD. Now I know your doing your own thing but I would consider upping the UD calories a bit rather than get discouraged and keep changing plans. The juddders don't even all do it low carb and still lose weight. I think the ones who lose fastest are sticking to their numbers diligently and not messing up the rotations. I don't want you to look at me and think it doesn't work so well. I do use a midday once a week so my rotations are not perfectly clean. And when I get busy I get lazy about tracking and measuring so I am a bad example but I am just glad I can eat mostly what I want on UD and not keep gaining like I was, and when I get rid of my depo shot forever I plan on getting it in gear and getting all of this fluff off for good. I am very proud of how far you've come in your journey ML and I know that you can do it.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

And I also eat bacon and eggs and ribeyes and burgers just all on my updays. On dd I have grilled chicken or sauteed chicken with eggs or salad and soup too its often very low cal and alot of it is yummy and fast to make.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I have to pop in to agree w Shanan.

I eat higher fat on UD.

If that is what you want, you should have it.

It doesn't mean you have to eat tons or many Tbsp CO, but do enjoy that fatty meat and bacon and eggs....I sure do.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ML why don't you eat the fatty stuff on your upday. That is the one reason why I was so concerned about your calories on the up and down days not being very far apart. For real juddd its supposed to be 1000 to 1500 spread between the days. I know you've been losing doing what? 1300UD and 700DD? But that is only a 600 calorie difference between UD and DD. Now I know your doing your own thing but I would consider upping the UD calories a bit rather than get discouraged and keep changing plans. The juddders don't even all do it low carb and still lose weight. I think the ones who lose fastest are sticking to their numbers diligently and not messing up the rotations. I don't want you to look at me and think it doesn't work so well. I do use a midday once a week so my rotations are not perfectly clean. And when I get busy I get lazy about tracking and measuring so I am a bad example but I am just glad I can eat mostly what I want on UD and not keep gaining like I was, and when I get rid of my depo shot forever I plan on getting it in gear and getting all of this fluff off for good. I am very proud of how far you've come in your journey ML and I know that you can do it.

((((Originally Posted by reddarin View Post))))

((((As for the saturated fats... As long as you are LC they are the healthiest thing to eat. But if you change your woe you need to cut back on them because sat fats and high carb is a terrible mortal diet. Carbs push fats into the bloodstream and all sorts of bad things will happen.)))

^^^^^^that is why......I read that from reddarin yesterday^^^^

Morning Shanan
Yes I will do it. But that quote is why I will not eat high fat eating carbs. Even healthy carbs. The more carbs you add back the more fat you must cut.
I have been saying this the whole time.

Someone I care a lot about and love misunderstood something I said once a while back about cheating. It is better to have a planned cheat than to just eat off plan.

I will never ever give up
Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post

I eat higher fat on UD.

It doesn't mean you have to eat tons or many Tbsp CO, but do enjoy that fatty meat and bacon and eggs....I sure do.
But Jem, A serving of bacon is almost half of the protein for the day for me. I meant to add that before I posted and it started raining hard and I was just fixing to get back off line.
I cut way back on protein because of what I read in DANDR.

I know as low kcal as I am I will lose but the fat does cause me to take head to those words I read in DANDR. I know fat is not the cause of my Artery being blocked but it does raise alarm bells in my head...Maybe I am overly worried but it does cause me too pause.....
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #384
Blabbermouth!!!

Jem you have been low carb for a long time. I wish I had found LCF years ago!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #385
Blabbermouth!!!

I eat higher fat on UD's too.
Today is a DD for me. I have half a serving of CO in my coffee with a full serving HWC. But I will not be able to use CO again today because it will push my kcals up too much to be able to eat it again today. Well I will wait till late to make sure I dont go over my fat and/or protein for today.

I'm not making any sense, am I?
I'm trying to explain my thinking on this.......
Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

ML what amount of carbs per day are you eating now? If your under 30 I doubt that the fat will hurt, that would seem to be more of a problem for people who are eating normal amounts of carbs. Also I really do think your UD calories are way too low. I realize you are keeping the dd calories a bit higher because of blood sugar right? But I would at least be eating 1700 cals on your ud. If your dd is 700. That gives you a weekly average of about 1200 cals a day which you should still lose weight on.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post

I eat higher fat on UD.

When I eat eggs and bacon now it is one serving. Two slices of bacon and two eggs. Not a truck load like I have been doing for the past 17 months. Thats all I mean.

Talking about this is making me remember something.

It is like this. I think it is wrong to go eat at Taco Bell on a UD. Even if you will only be eating one taco. That may not be to best example because I dont know how high the fat is in a taco, but it is the best way I can describe what I mean. A DD to me is cutting back on everything. Gosh I dont know I am confusing myself now.

I do know I will not give up or get discouraged. In no way will I ever do that.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #388
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ML what amount of carbs per day are you eating now? If your under 30 I doubt that the fat will hurt, that would seem to be more of a problem for people who are eating normal amounts of carbs. Also I really do think your UD calories are way too low. I realize you are keeping the dd calories a bit higher because of blood sugar right? But I would at least be eating 1700 cals on your ud. If your dd is 700. That gives you a weekly average of about 1200 cals a day which you should still lose weight on.
I have not ate 30 healthy carbs because of my blood sugar problem.
I did check it yesterday because of higher sugar carbs.

You think I am eating too much on my DD?? And not enough on my UD??
Maybe I shold go to the Juddd threads and do some reading. I really know nothing about Juddd. As yall can see

Morning everybody!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

If you give me your height and current weight I can go on the juddd calculator and look up your numbers. Your carbs are still really low so I don't think the fat is an issue at all. You just feel like your eating higher carb compared to before and I am sure tacco bell is actually one of the lower carb choices as far as fast food goes. Corn tortillas are way lower carb than bread not saying go to taco bell all the time but the reason people love juddd is because you can eat things like that if you wanted to as long as the numbers are right.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!

I must add I do not keep changing plans. I have never changed plans. I cut back on calories and protein because of reading it in DANDR. Not because of JUDDD.

For a very long time I have read many people say lower kcals promotes longer life. Then reading the dandr well I agreed this has to be a healthier choice than to keep trying to reach goal eating too much fat and protein.... this is all I mean...