Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Dr. Robert Atkins 72' Extended Induction - Part 2

Hello, I am Marylouise. I am a retired Cosmetologist. My goal is to regain my health, while reducing my weight. At the present time I am reading Dr. Robert Atkins 1972 Diet Revolution.

Statement of Robert C. Atkins, M.D. to the Senate Select Committee On Human Needs April 12, 1973 starts on page 299 of his book “Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution. If you do not have a copy of this book, get it.

Many people may think I am a newbie to Dr. Robert Atkins diet. I am a newbie to this web site, LCF, not to Dr. Robert Atkins diet. The first time I went on Dr. Atkins diet was 1972. I lost 17 pounds the first two weeks.

I thought the weight would stay gone, it did not!

Many fat years later I went back on Dr. Atkins diet. The year was 2002. I lost 112 pounds. Again I thought I had it all under my control. How wrong I was. I was doing his 1972 Diet Revolution WOE. I did not take it to the finish line. Oh, how I wish I had. I regained every ounce and then some.

Fast forward to today. March 1, 2011, I reached another all time high fat weight! I started on his Diet Revolution again. I lost 39 pounds from March 1 to May 15 2011. I was looking around one day in cyberspace and I happened upon the Atkins Web Site. I took a look see. I liked what I saw, so I joined Atkins Web Site. Soon I learned everyone was on his newest book that he had somehow written from his grave. The New Atkins For The New You, NANY. It may work for some, but I did not work for me.

On “his” new book I lost from May 16, 2011 to July 25, 2011 a grand total of 5 pounds!

A new friend came along and saved me, “Whitedov”. As her name implies she is a true dove. Whitedov took my hand and brought me here.

I am back on Dr. Robert Atkins 1972 Diet Revolution. My feet are firmly planted. My roaming in Cyberspace days are behind me. I am moving again; to become the new me I have always wanted to be.

So, my day starts today with zero carbs. I am looking for that purple everyone wants to see

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Dr. Robert Atkins 72' Climbing The Ladder- Part 1

************************** CLIMBING THE LADDER*****************************

everyone

Breakfast this morning was 2 hard boiled eggs and half ounce hard cheese.
2 cups of coffee, black
2 cups of coffee, with hwc and co.
1 glass of diet rite
2 teas. coconut oil
2 table. hwc

I will only use 1 tablespoon, no more than 3 total a day of the co. And 4 tablespoon of hwc total a day. I will be using a measuring spoon! Not egg balling it as I have done in the past. Confession is good for my soul.....

I ate the boiled eggs because they were already in the fridge I dont really like boiled eggs naked, very much. They give me gas and pressure. It is strange to me. I can drink scrambled or any other way eggs, but boiled gives me a problem for me. The egg salad stuff I have ate 2 times now did give me gas.

Just made more coffee and it will all be black.

I am working on a woe on the 72 atkins, climbing the ladder.

I will post again when I have ate again.

maybe. Yall know me. I can't keep quite for too long.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: didi
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: October 2007
Hello Marylouise! A nice new pretty thread!

[QUOTE

I will only use 1 tablespoon, no more than 3 total a day of the co. And 4 tablespoon of hwc total a day. I will be using a measuring spoon! Not egg balling it as I have done in the past. Confession is good for my soul.....

[QUOTE]

Please ML, no more egg balling!

Are you going to eat like Linda Sue? She is mostly zero carb and low fiber, I think. Like me!!!

Post early and often!!

Last edited by didi; 07-29-2012 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Edited to say I didn't quote correctly!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Well well well...too late to edit...I could get it fixed but my smile is saying leave it alone.

I bet I edited that 5 times and didn't see it. Just sat down to another cup of coffee. Been washing them ..ugh dishes.

Yes Linda Sue!!! She is doing great from what I have seen. Have not read a whole lot, but I did read Her Story.
I have already tried to keep the A-bars cut up in the fridge. Didn't work for me. Instead of getting one I like I need to go for the ones I ant crasy about.
Low fiber? Can you talk about that more?

I am re-reading DANDR. The issue I have is the Completly Updated Must Have NEW Editon. It is the one I will be using. Plus Linda Sue. This DANDR has more pages than the first one. As Dr. Atkins wrote his books he worked on adding more healthy carbs. People are still today, trying to push his WOE off the continent.

This is a few of his first few words in the Updated DANDR......

Weight Loss and Good Health----- The Atkins Way.

This is an updated version of the book I wrote 10 years ago to help as many people as I could to lose weight. I felt certain then---- and continue to do so-----that the widespread dissemination of misinformation about what constitutes a healthy diet had caused that epidemic of weightgain in this country. quote*---Robert C. Atkins, MD

Last edited by marylouise; 07-29-2012 at 03:09 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Dianna how have you done this weekend so far?
Linda Sue, how long have you been following her?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I have seen Linda post that she can gain eating some of the foods she tests for recipes. I think she eats more simply, 8 oz cheese burger for breakfast, for example.

I know she has had my trouble, constipation and bloating with fiber. Meat and fat only helps this problem, maybe low fiber veggies but not too much.

There is a book called Fiber Menace that explains that fiber can irritate the intestines, similar to scratching it. I don't know science, but even my beloved Dr. Bernstein (the diabetes doctor) has recently stated that fiber does not help prevent colon cancer and can be irritating. I just know I feel better without it, I cannot eat flax or glucomannen and even nuts bother me.

Lots of people LOVE fiber and would disagree with this, I'm sure. But they don't have my tummy.

As far as this weekend, I have drank light beer, I have not had any in a while. It always makes me lose water weight at first, but it ALWAYS comes back.

Do you ever test your blood sugar anymore? When I eat alot of meat, mine rises slowly. I am going to drop all carbs again next week (of course this is why I'm drinking beer today), but I think I will be careful to eat fatty meat and go easy on the protein and the dairy. I'm going to try to give up sweet tasting stuff too. It causes an insulin release, which causes fat storage. Or so they tell me! All I know is I have a big stomach that won't shrink. Lots of energy in those fat cells, but my body cannot use it. So I get hungry instead of burning body fat. I need to unlock it, I NEED A KEY!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

I hear you! Hunting my key too....

This is new news to me on the fiber. My dh eats ton's of raisin bran. he says he cant TMI without it. His problem is severe. He takes very powerful pain pills and it causes him this problen. I need to read up on it to see if I can help him. He did have Irritable bowel syndrome. And he probaly still has it.
He could not eat fiber without severe problems before he was hurt.

I have a couple of light beers in fridge. Started to drink them but may save them till later this week. But nothing stays in my fridge long.

Yes I do test my blood sugar but not like I use o. Meat will raise it too. Chicken is worse and it is all I have left to eat this month. Have some cooking naked with bacon grease.

Yes SF does raise BS.
do you start shaking inside when your bs goes up?

I got hungry before I put the chicken on to fry and ate 2 more boiled eggs. I think I cooked about 3 dozen the other day. I bought so many dozen this month I lost count. Probaly about 16 dozen........

I found 4 cans of salmon and that will keep me full until the 3rd.
The 4th is our 43rd year A-Day
wow 43 years...sure dont seem real!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

If he could do a test on low fiber for a week, lots of fat too, he may feel better inside.

I feel shaky when my BS goes down. When it's high I can't really tell, but my head knows I ate carbs or way too much protein. Actually I feel a little buzzed.

Boiled eggs are good sometimes, other times they seem lean. I am the pickiest egg eater, I love variety of cooking them.

Canned salmon is very good for you. I hope you can get enough meat to last til Friday. Less meat and more fat is my goal, hard to figure out a meal that way.

If I didn't have to cook for DH...............I'd be lonely, so I shouldn't complain! I might be thinner though!

I am shocked that you got married at age 10, ML, to be wed for 43 years!!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Eggs scrambled with salmon is so good!

Sounds like we have the same problem with BS. I have really hurt my body.
I know LindaB. is diabetic too.
Not sure about anyone else on the 72.

I finishe eating about 10 minutes ago and I am shaking inside. My BS stays around 80. sometimes it is in the high 60s. But it will go up to around 120 and I will start shaking inside. If it gets bad you can see me shaking. Been doing this since the early 90s.

That KEY seems to be insulin and eating to keep it low as possible. I have been thinking this was so for a while now. But I did not want to accept it.

DANDR seems to be the way to go to find this problem and get that KEY to fit.

I started this threa for 2 reasons. First is they were fixing too start it for us and second I must get on that ladder and I have been putting it off far too long. I am shaking worse now. I did track it but waste of strips. So I stopped checking it.

Thats horrible that nuts bother you. I love nuts. I read a long time ago that nuts were very hard on our intestines. Can even get caught and cause cancer. Then I heard or read it was not so. Sure is confusing to try to wade thru all of these false truths.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

I was 18...what u mean? 10
Old 07-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

2012-1969= 43

First son will be 42 this year and second is already 38........10 oh me lol
Old 07-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

I am shaking hard now!! Crap......chicken.....

Oh yes I have plenty of meat. Maybe not the kind I want but I have it. And I can go to town and get more if need to..But I try to not go more than 2 times a month.....

A couple years ago we were counting out change for cig. money. Don't want to have to do that again. But I ant under a rock. The news says food is going to go way up! Meat eggs and cheese....First to rise I am a betting
Old 07-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Dianna can you give me a link to an active thread Linda Sue is posting in?
Old 07-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I don't know of a thread she is in, she is a member of the zero carb forum and has posted about her problems with fiber. But she is not an active poster there either. I think she is busy, I hope her husband is well and they are happy. He almost died before a transplant saved him.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I changed my avatar, so don't freak out! Me and DH have been having major trouble syncing our computers together. I don't like this pic but it proves we can sync!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh thats horrible. I hope he is doing good now. I have not read very much on her postins but I did read her story and it was enough for me to know I must get on with this......

COOL !!!! I love your new picture!!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

David and I have ours synced too. I do like your picture! Alls' you need is frame
Old 07-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi ML and Didi, Well a new thread and fresh start to a new WOE (I hope) Looking forward to climbing that ladder without falling off or getting stuck

Really tired today after 3 days with the grandkids. My daughter leaves a mess and I have to clean it up.

Didi I had a problem and ML suggested fiber. I take large chewable tablets and so far so good.

I have been off my diabetes meds for 5 months I know due to Atkins. I go August 20th for a physical and we will see if I can stay off for another 3 months. I have been very bad about monitoring my BS since I have been off the meds. My cholesterol is still no good after being on Atkins for a year.

Who is Linda Sue?

I tried canned salmon and couldn't stand it. I like it only when I fry it. I have problems with fish ever since my chemo treatments.

I am sure this new thread will be inundated with posts very soon

Linda
Old 07-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Wow 2 posts while I was sending mine. I hope Linda's husband is OK, prayers for him. Where is the 0 carbs Forum? Sounds like it is right up my alley

Linda
Old 07-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Congratulations on the new thread! as always, there is lots to learn for me. Sorry you are having your challenges with your BS, ML. Linda, hope you find the thread you are looking for ... sometimes I can't find a thing on here, and other times I run across some amazing info. The search thing does not always help ... sometimes if I search it returns a ton of things that are not on topic! LOL I have actually used google more lately to research things, but as ML said it makes you crazy because there is also a lot of stuff out there that is not necessarily true.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Linda, I have been stuck in cyber world. Stuck like glue. Finally I got control back. I had one too many windows open for my old computer. I have been searching for Linda Sue. She is on that zero thread I was telling you about. Remember......
Old 07-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Linda I wish my blood sugar would get lower without meds and insulin but it still needs help. I am insulin resistant, but I think I am deficient too.

Linda Sue has a low carb recipe site and is a member here at LCF.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Recipes I hope it's ok to post her site, she tests recipes out and gives nutritional info. She has helped innumerable people stay on their plan.

Actually I think her name is Linda like you but she uses her middle name for a user name.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
Congratulations on the new thread! as always, there is lots to learn for me. Sorry you are having your challenges with your BS, ML. Linda, hope you find the thread you are looking for ... sometimes I can't find a thing on here, and other times I run across some amazing info. The search thing does not always help ... sometimes if I search it returns a ton of things that are not on topic! LOL I have actually used google more lately to research things, but as ML said it makes you crazy because there is also a lot of stuff out there that is not necessarily true.
Ebeads wonderful you made it here!! We had been very lucky they had not already created this first. I had been thinking about a title and theme and this woe and the ladder all fell into place

Do you feel better today?

My bs has caused me problems for over 20 years. The shaking has finally slowed down but still with me. My bs must have changed at least 30 points. and as we have learned, thank you Dianna it stops weight loss. KEY there, I am thinking......

I ate 3 chicken thights fried naked with bacon grease and one small Kosher Mt. Olive pickle with hot sauce. It shoud not have messed with my bs at all but it did

It has been doing this from time to time and most times if I eat steak and eggs no problem...............
Old 07-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

CREAM CHEESE CLOUDS
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2-3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda *
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring

Beat everything with an electric mixer until fluffy. Drop by bite-size spoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour. Store in the freezer and eat frozen.

Makes 24 clouds

* I didn't think they were quite sweet enough with 1/2 cup so I used liquid Splenda to equal 3/4 cup granular. The counts are based on 3/4 cup Splenda.

NOTE: You can store these in the refrigerator and they will hold their shape quite well as long as they are good and cold.

With granular Splenda:
Per Cloud: 70 Calories; 7g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
Per 2 Clouds: 140 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per 2 Clouds: 134 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; .5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
Per 4 Clouds: 268 Calories; 29g Fat; 3g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

This is a recipe that's been going around the low carb community for years and I finally got around to trying it. They're very good but addictive. Something about eating them frozen is very nice. They basically taste like little bites of frozen cheesecake but you could make all kinds of variations by using different flavorings and adding chopped nuts, coconut, low carb candies and things like that. I've got some ideas in my head for variations so stay tuned.

This was found on Linda Sue' thread. I havent tried this. I have seen it before though......Some love it. Have you tried it?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

I have tried Cream cheese clouds. They are good, but I didn't like them frozen. After a while I was glad they were gone. It hurt my teeth to bite into frozen things.

I have made something very similar with coconut extract and then I dipped each one in coconut oil chocolate, melted. I love my "buttercreams" the most, one was enough for a treat, they were big. A pain in the butt to make, mix chocolate, then mix filling, then spoon out filling into bites and chill. then dip each coconut bite into melted choc. and then let chill again.

I ate one every time I was a bit hungry, probably too often. But I hate to be hungry and these were easy to pop in my mouth. I am not making any more. I am going to be sweet-free.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh me this sounds too good!

I am working very hard to be sweet-free too......

Last edited by marylouise; 07-29-2012 at 08:29 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #27
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Found your spiffy new thread! Filling it up already!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Hi everyone hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

ebeads, glad you found ML and us too. I like the new title because after Aug 20th the new WOE for me will start.

Hey Kitty!!!

Didi, would love for you to share some of your "sweet recipes" here. Well maybe I should be careful. I have a big control portion problem and can't just eat one. Ashamed to say when I received the starter kit I ate all the bars in one day!!!

Linda
Old 07-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Hi SL, you showed up as I was sending the post. How is JUDD going. I hope you had a great weekend too

Linda
Closed Thread