Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
Heather, so glad your mom (and all of you!) enjoyed her birthday and that the surgery won't be necessary.

Marylouise, I know I'm missing something here, but why can't you go in the pool even if Susan isn't up for it? I'm not picking on her; I know there's a logical reason, that's what I'm asking.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Hi Marge~ They havent moved in yet. But when they do I told her she would have to shoo me away like a pesty fly.....It is going to start raining and not stop for the next three days!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

In a few minutes I am going to scramble up some bacon and eggs, I do have 2 pieces left,. Adding one tablespoon of spinach, maybe 2 of them. That green is strong and a little goes a long way! I do love it though....

What you been doing beside working on puzzles
Old 08-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

No I dont have any bacon left. Just thought I did. I have bacon grease though. Second best to none.....

I woke up with a horrible krick in my neck. Took one Anacin. Hasn't helped, yet.....

I sure wanted to get in that pool today!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Hi everyone! ML the pool looks great! Heather good news about your mother and so nice that she enjoyed her part. Happy August ebeads! Wow its been a busy few days at work and I rent out my grandmothers trailer and found out the girl who was renting it got but in jail for drugs. I had to go let her parents in to get the kids things and the yard is at least 2 ft high and the entire back carport was ripped down so she could scrap the metal. Wow. She also scrapped the washroom door and a clothes line out back that was cemented down. Her son was in a wheelchair and she had someone try to make a ramp out of concrete to the front door. It is really steep and ugly and I have no idea how to remove it. What a mess. Of course this also happened right before rent is due so that's great. Juddd is still going well, I gained a few lbs over the weekend from messing up on Sunday but am back down to 184. It sometimes seems like life is trying to knock you down.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Marylouise, pick up one of those toy badges, we'll make you an official ID card and now you're a state-authorized pool inspector. Your job includes noticing the water temp on your skin, making sure the water isn't too hard when you dive in, lying poolside to ensure the sun isn't reflecting off of the surface at the wrong angle, etc.

I'll get going on the ID card; you start practicing your stern government employee look. Go with a furrowed brow at first; that always puts them on the defensive and they'll stop noticing the petty little details such as your badge being painted plastic, your ID card not being laminated, etc.

Encouraging a food addict to "just have one treat, so you'll stay motivated and on track" is like encouraging an alcoholic to just have one drink so they won't fall off the wagon.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

sweetlady, we cross-posted but I am sorry to read you have to deal with this scum! I'm surprised she hasn't scrapped her son's wheelchair metal!

Hope it works out eventually and as bad as I feel for you, I feel a lot worse for the children of this sorry excuse for a woman, whom I refuse to refer to as a mother.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeGunderson View Post
Heather, so glad your mom (and all of you!) enjoyed her birthday and that the surgery won't be necessary.

Marylouise, I know I'm missing something here, but why can't you go in the pool even if Susan isn't up for it? I'm not picking on her; I know there's a logical reason, that's what I'm asking.
Thanks Marge!
I have been reading your post around LCF and you have the best sense of humor!!!!!!!
You are keeping me laughing and smiling!
I think everyone could use a little more you in their lives!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Hi everyone! ML the pool looks great! Heather good news about your mother and so nice that she enjoyed her part. Happy August ebeads! Wow its been a busy few days at work and I rent out my grandmothers trailer and found out the girl who was renting it got but in jail for drugs. I had to go let her parents in to get the kids things and the yard is at least 2 ft high and the entire back carport was ripped down so she could scrap the metal. Wow. She also scrapped the washroom door and a clothes line out back that was cemented down. Her son was in a wheelchair and she had someone try to make a ramp out of concrete to the front door. It is really steep and ugly and I have no idea how to remove it. What a mess. Of course this also happened right before rent is due so that's great. Juddd is still going well, I gained a few lbs over the weekend from messing up on Sunday but am back down to 184. It sometimes seems like life is trying to knock you down.
Shanan, SO sorry to hear about this.
Glad JUDDD is working for you! Has bf gve up his cokes?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Thanks Marge!
I have been reading your post around LCF and you have the best sense of humor!!!!!!!
You are keeping me laughing and smiling!
I think everyone could use a little more you in their lives!
She is a delight to read isn't she. Everyopne on the board is falling in love with Marge and her post.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Marylouise, pick up one of those toy badges, we'll make you an official ID card and now you're a state-authorized pool inspector. Your job includes noticing the water temp on your skin, making sure the water isn't too hard when you dive in, lying poolside to ensure the sun isn't reflecting off of the surface at the wrong angle, etc.

I'll get going on the ID card; you start practicing your stern government employee look. Go with a furrowed brow at first; that always puts them on the defensive and they'll stop noticing the petty little details such as your badge being painted plastic, your ID card not being laminated, etc.
Sounds way cool to me

Thank goodness it is the first of Aug!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #102
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: soontobesexy'ntx
Stats: 202.2/202.2/150
WOE: DADR (Atkins'72)
Start Date: which time??
Hi ya'll!!
just doing a drive by posting its almost going home time!! The plan I'm following (for now) is Dr Steve Parkers KMD (Keto-Mediterrean Diet) find me in "other Plans"
20-30 carbs a day but to make it simple if you eat from the list there is no counting of anything calories,carbs, fats NUTHIN!! just KISS!! (keep it simple Sweetie)
two days OP and 2 lbs lost, supposted to be good for HBP and Diab also
Old 08-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi soonie. Great to see you!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

dang I didn do it right.....

Here is the thread Susan was tlaking about. I wanted to see what she has been doing...She has cut kcals and she is moving more. Important keys I am thinking....I have been sitting here almost everyday since we moved home....
Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Post your meals! LET'S HELP HOLD EACH OTHER ACCOUNTABLE!

There it is.....
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
sweetlady, we cross-posted but I am sorry to read you have to deal with this scum! I'm surprised she hasn't scrapped her son's wheelchair metal!

Hope it works out eventually and as bad as I feel for you, I feel a lot worse for the children of this sorry excuse for a woman, whom I refuse to refer to as a mother.
I completely agree. I know its common to hear about how its a disease and all that but I have been dealing with this stuff with my sister for almost 12 years now and what it is, is a bad choice. They chose to do drugs no one made them. I don't have any sympathy for the druggies just the children.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
I am so sorry about the renter did to you Grandmother's trailer!
Those poor kids!
I help manage my Mom's rental and it can be a real pain sometimes.
Life is hard, all you can do is just pick yourself up and keep on going!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

I do agree but sometimes it can happen by a complete accident
I am the one that gave something to help someone I love dearly. Some people can control too much of thinsg and others fail and I try not to hold blame. It want make the problem go awy. I was very blessed to have a wonderful hubby that has always supported anything I wanted or needed to do. Without his being this way she would have failed and died.
I could not have done this if my sons had been young and needed me. Being they were grown I could do what-ever I needed to do to pull here back into real life. With the help of God, ofcourse. With Him were are stronger than we know....
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes Heather, you are so right....
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Shanan, SO sorry to hear about this.
Glad JUDDD is working for you! Has bf gve up his cokes?
ML the bf is doing great he drinks water all day and has 1 soda with dinner. He is also eating salads for lunch more. He had a bad day and had 4 donuts and 2 mexican cokes and told me not to gossip about it with" the ladies" meaning you guys! Lol
Hes lost like 7 lbs already... he just looks all superior like "see"!
Well I don't drink regular soda or eat donuts so I don't know what he thinks im supposed to cut out.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobesexy'ntx View Post
Hi ya'll!!
just doing a drive by posting its almost going home time!! The plan I'm following (for now) is Dr Steve Parkers KMD (Keto-Mediterrean Diet) find me in "other Plans"
20-30 carbs a day but to make it simple if you eat from the list there is no counting of anything calories,carbs, fats NUTHIN!! just KISS!! (keep it simple Sweetie)
two days OP and 2 lbs lost, supposted to be good for HBP and Diab also
Wow 2 pounds!!!!
That is great!!!
I have never heard of this WOE before, sounds interesting.
Wishing you continued success!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
I do agree but sometimes it can happen by a complete accident
I am the one that gave something to help someone I love dearly. Some people can control too much of thinsg and others fail and I try not to hold blame. It want make the problem go awy. I was very blessed to have a wonderful hubby that has always supported anything I wanted or needed to do. Without his being this way she would have failed and died.
I could not have done this if my sons had been young and needed me. Being they were grown I could do what-ever I needed to do to pull here back into real life. With the help of God, ofcourse. With Him were are stronger than we know....
I know what you mean ML its hard to just say write them all off, I think that about my sister and you hear all the time about people who get off the stuff and turn their life around but I just haven't seen that. I have my sister, 2 step brothers and a sister in law who have never stopped for years. My sister in law has been about 25 years on it and her parents took all 5 kids. After awhile its hard to feel compassionate to people that hurt kids by not being there and neglect all sorts of things. You are a very loving person. I just don't have it in me anymore for people that do it. Also I have a half sister who's older, we didn't grow up together but talk everyonce in awhile and I was explaining about my sister and she was all offended. She apparently was in a car accident and has been on pain management for more than 10 years. She's like I need it because the pains too much. I said I have been in 2 car accidents in the past year and a half and have 3 disks that are permanently damaged and they offered me all kinds of stuff but I took only what I had to for 1 day. I work hard and it does hurt but I suck it up because I know that rx pills are addictive. So that's where choice comes in to it for me.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Shanan I agree 100%.

I too have hip problems. I tried the pain pillls. All I did was hurt myself worse.

But like my dh and many others. He does not abuse the pain pills and his life would have no reason to go on withour a little relief.
I am so sorry you have been dealt all of this. You are a strong woman. This is easy to see. You go girl!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

ML you are too! Im very excited for you to get to use the pool soon. I wish we had a pool here!. There is a community pool at the rec center in our neighborhood it has a nice olympic size swimming pool but too many people for me to wear a suit.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
SL sorry about the rental, but good news about your loss. We have a rental and I hate it. DH had it before we got married. We had Section 8 renters for 7 years. The first few were OK then her jailbird kids moved in and made drugs. We finally got them out but it took DH one complete year to re everything, holes punched in walls, cabinets torn off the walls etc.,etc. Right now very lucky with who is in there. We had to lower their rent because they couldn't afford it but they pay on time every month!! Seems like JUDD is really working for you. So glad. Wow for BF. They always lose so much quicker.

Soon, your plan does sound interesting and successful for you. Nice to see you.

Heather, glad to hear about mom. Was thinking about the two of you on Friday. I bet her celebration was lovely.

ebeads, how is the website going and your current pieces?

Hi Marge, you do keep us laughing and boy do I need that sometime.

Linda
Old 08-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Linda!
Hope all is going well with you!
That must have been a lot of work to clean up that rental.....Making drugs..
I am so glad you have someone better now! We have had to lower rent to keep great renters too...it is worth it.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Linda I just got back home from the rental I had to go mow. It was waist high! I could've used a tractor! Really wish I could find good tenants. Apparently she was making crystal meth there and selling that and rx drugs out of the house. The man next door was telling me about it. Before that I was letting my sister stay there and all she had to do was pay the maintenance fee 118$ which covers water and pool use, she and her bf lived there without paying for it and by the time I found out it was like 1900 bucks. I also had the electric coming out of my bank account and they never paid that either. But I was led to belive they were paying the maintenance fee, so the community turned off the water while my sister was there for 6 months. After I turned off their electric and kicked them out I had to replace alot of plumbing from it being off so long and the flooring, paint. Luckily it doesn't look too bad this time other than the carport being gone. But there is still alot of stuff inside I will have to throw away or maybe sell. I might as well sell what I can since im losing the rent for this month.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Good morning everyone! I just want to thank you all for posting here so regularly. You all are totally supporting me in staying on my right way of eating. I don't want a pity party, but I have zero family and don't get out too much so I can go 10 days without seeing a human sometimes LOL. SO I just think the world of all of you. I love hearing when you are having successes and my heart breaks for you when you are having problems ( and though these days it is not politically correct to say so, I pray for you all, too ) I can't believe that in a week it will be three whole months on plan. If you had asked me on day one whether I could hang in there, I would have not been so positive! So again and again, thank you ... I owe so much of my sticking to it to you all!.

Linda , hi!! Thank you for asking!! I am working on finishing a big batch of new pieces for a big craft show I have the second week of September. When that is over I will get going on the website. Anyone who has a booth of work has to have a good amount of stuff to show to sell anything. People want a choice. I was pretty sick over the winter and did not make anything new between like November and May... while I was gradually selling things in person and online so my number of items really dwindled. The largest factor in each piece is time, so I need to put in the hours. BOY! am I ever chatty this morning. There is just no telling! some times I say a word a day, sometimes a whole book!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Ebeads I feel the same way about you and all the ladies. I do see people at work of course, but I do not really normally like women lol and don't have any female friends other than old ones from high school that are on facebook. I definately don't socialize with any women, no going out or shopping and talking on the phone. I really like people who are not fake and tell it like it is. You just seem to find that more in men but the women on this thread are like that too plus so supportive and friendly. Its nice to have people to talk to that are encouraging you wholeheartedly and genuinely happy for your successes and don't expect anything from you.
Closed Thread