Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Wow so many posts I don't know where to start! Ebeads I agree when you get things situated you should definately post a link on the movies facebook page! At least you could get some traffic and orders out of the deal! ML JUDDD is going good. I gained 2lbs over the weekend but lost 2lbs today. I have the low carb portion of it down so that I get enough calories on the Updays now so I am hoping to get that scale moving this week!, I am very glad for your whoosh susan!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
I took several pictures but I dont know how to put them on here.
They bought a lovely home.
The swimming pool is awesome.
The sunroom yummy.
I was going to go help her start cleaning tomorrow, but the two brothers want a early start and I dont do early.
Thank goodness she doesn't either. He goes in before the night crawlers go back to bed. You know the time of day all smart people are still sleeping. Kidding but not really............

The service men and women are not being neglected by the people. We do take care of the ones that serve our country. Times past I have heard and read the oppisite. {{I need spell check. I can't continue to google a word spelling}} Thanks Beck...I never heard of it and it was right infront of me. But it is wearing me out too.

I need to just go on and google how to get spell check on Ubuntu.
My computer is runnning lots better. Sons majic fingers and brillant mind got her running pretty good. I think computers know when he comes in the room. They sit up taller.

Susan I am fixing to go check out just what you have been up to. Thanks tons!

Tonight I ate 1/2 cup of canned leaf spinach. This was one serving. It had 4 carbs and 2 gram of fiber. It was very good.
I cut up in small pieces some low salt bacon and fried it off then kept a tablespoon of the lard. Then I drained the spinach, very good, and added it with 4 beat up eggs to the bacon. I added one tablespoon of salted butter. and cooked it off.

This food was very good and the spinach flavor, well ir was good food. And I know my body said thank you.

I have even dranked water 3 times today. Hey I dont drink water. I know I am wrong wrong wrong......
Working on that.
Soon, very soon I will be getting up and moving around. I haven't been doing very much. Just cleaning as little as I can live with. And same old stuff everyone has to do unless they live outside in a tent. I told DH I would live in a tent outside if I had to that I was coming home. Last October. Time flys.

I am watching the men swim on the Olimpics. Felts is a strong swimmer!

Kitty can you do the butterfly? I can't. Hurts my right shoulder. But I could not do it when I was in my 30s either.

I think, had I had the past 6 weeks to swim in, I would be 25 pounds lighter. And 50% healther

I could not eat all of my food. The doggies didnt mind.

I feel stronger today. Walking around the swimming pool woke up my spirit. I have seen pools like this in mag. and on t.v. but I ahve not ever steps two steps down like I did a short while ago. She said go on walk on in. I felt my pockets and my cigs and phone would have not like that dip. Besides I didnt bring even a towel. But I started to. And I had a new bra on. Clorine does not like new things, like bras and such things.

There proberty backs up to a heavily wooded area. The one train in town blew his whistle and I turned to her and said you even have a train. She turned to me and smiled and said yes, yes I do. I had floated to the top of the trees and she held me down by my feet to keep me from floating into the clouds. I like trains. I love the sound they create.

So how are yall doing?

I am doing and feeling so much bettter...

Susan you R.O.C.K.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

ebeads she is doing it, ant she!

She has found the key. I found that key and I kept the front part of my brain alive with the knowing I had it going and them pounds were adding up in my favor. I set up many goals. Like 10 increments. I had too much to work on and had too many to carry in my head and heart.....I felt I would never ever do it again. But I was wrong.

We all are gona find that key

I was brusing my hair a few minutes and all of a sudden I started to feel different. Like I may be feeling my game and my key We all have one.

But I feel really strong about saying once you do find that majic spot. Keep doing the same thing over and over again. This is the way I lost 100+ pounds.

One of my problems has been I stopped moving. One of the problems. This is fixing to change. Water brings me alive. And starts my motors.....
Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #64

Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
ML, I don't do mornings either! The pool and your supper sound wounderful. Glad your computer is running better.

Well, I'm off to bed. It's a school night, and morning will interrupt it.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
I've lost 5.4 pounds since July 21 when I announced I was tired of the scale drama and went hard core.
Susan, congrats on such a solid start to your new commitment! And thank Dr. Atkins, but don't forget to give yourself credit, because it's you putting in the time and effort and discipline, and you working hard to find the key(s) to your best way of eating and your best health.

And always remember, YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Marylouise, never worry about spelling among friends! But when you do need to worry about it, just start to type the word into Google and it'll autofill it in with site descriptions showing the correct spelling and no need to click on any of the pages.

Or, when you're tired or stressed and your mind goes so blank you can't spell enough of the word to find it in the dictionary (a computer one or the old fashioned paper type), look up a similar word in your thesaurus.

Just as an example, if you couldn't find gorgeous, look up pretty and it'll list it as a synonym. Or if you couldn't find contusion, look up bruise.

Encouraging a food addict to "just have one treat, so you'll stay motivated and on track" is like encouraging an alcoholic to just have one drink so they won't fall off the wagon.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Good morning ladies. Hope your day shapes up well in the LC department as in all ways.

I will check back in later as y'all are still probably sleeping! :-)
Old 07-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi all, I have to say I am a morning person. After 10 pm I am gone.

ML sounds like you are on the right track and I love the positive attitude! That really helps. Are you adding 5 net carbs a day? Good on cutting back on the CO. I guess you have to track all your foods now since adding carbs.

I guess you got to the pool. It is good exercise and refreshing too. Not being able to finish your meal is really good potion control. I aim for that.
Hi to ebeads, Marge, Susan Didi and Kitty. Have a great day.

Linda

Last edited by Lindaboca; 07-31-2012 at 08:34 AM..
Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #68

Morning, gals!

Marge, what excellent ideas! I also keep an old school dictionary here at my office. I had it open last week, and a gal came in thought it was the Bible. LOL!!!

My planned exercise this evening, weather permitting, is tackling the back yard weeds. DH is out of town, so he will be surprised when he returns.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Susan, pulling weeds is great exercise plus it makes your yard look nice!!

Linda
Old 07-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #70

Thank you, Linda! Right now our backyard is dirt, which DH prepped for zero scaping, our garden, etc last month. The weeds sure are happy in it!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

We own a rental in a desert area. We put in zero scape mainly because most tenants don't keep it up. We have desert rock in the front and a few shrubs around the house. Works out really well. Guess everyone has gone fishing!!!

Linda
Old 07-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: didi
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: October 2007
I hope this was a good Tuesday for everyone!

I get email updates from the FDA for recalls of foods and medical stuff. Lately there has been listeria in lots of things. Cantalopes and onions most recently. Anyway, here is a link to the page and if you want to sign up for email updates, you can.

Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts

Glad to see you've got your groove back, ML

Susan, you are doing so well, gives me hope!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #73

Thank you, didi! I am 44, and thought I was going to be obese for the rest of my life.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: didi
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: October 2007
Well you're not gonna be!!! I am older than you, I am 50. We can do this!!!

I'm channeling my inner ML! It's hard to outperky her!

Okay, I'm exhausted now and going to bed, goodnight!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #75
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
I can get across the thing a few times without stopping! LOL butterfly? LOL me? LOL lucky to move and not sink!

51 here girls!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #76

Kitty, lol!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Hi all, I have to say I am a morning person. After 10 pm I am gone.

ML sounds like you are on the right track and I love the positive attitude! That really helps. Are you adding 5 net carbs a day? Good on cutting back on the CO. I guess you have to track all your foods now since adding carbs.

I guess you got to the pool. It is good exercise and refreshing too. Not being able to finish your meal is really good potion control. I aim for that.
Hi to ebeads, Marge, Susan Didi and Kitty. Have a great day.

Linda
Hi Linda, No I didn't leave the bus today. As a matter of fact I did get up and drink coffee with dh then he went to their house and helped them all day. She didnt feel good. And he legs are bothering her bad time. She has water retention. They did get them pool running and if I go tomorrow I will be vacuming it. I will have that thing clean enough to drink.
Going to plan on going 3 times a week. I told her she was gona have to run me off with a dly swatter.

Yep got to strat tracking food...

I wonder if FS is a trusting site for a accurate reading on fat, carb and protein........

May check out lcfs thread......
Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

That is great , ML tracking everything is very important even to those of us who think we can keep it in our heads. What is FS ? I use ****** , once you have your "recent foods" plugged in it is pretty easy to click click click.
Hope the pool exercise makes you feel great and helps you get back to losing weight like you want to! I giggled when you told how clean you are going to get the pool.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Dianna thanks for the link...Our food suppy is so dangerous....Thanks, I am for sure trying......

I'm channeling my inner ML! It's hard to outperky her! Quote, didi
You perky too ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))

Gosh yall are soo young.
I'm 61 as yall can see on my stats. Sure am loking forward to 62.

Getting older is such a blessing
So much better than not aging

I really am tucked out some what. The heat yesterday drained me. With this unexercised heart I have to be very careful....But you cant hold me down in water. Kitty I cant do the butterfly either. One hand over with legs and moving is hard enough for me. I do a lot of under water swimming too. It will put shape where shape mets shape.
Fingers crossed I get enough swim time in to improve my current health.

Food today:

2 slices of sf low sodium bacon--trying to make it last till the 3rd.
5 small fried eggs
coffee
hwc, hadn't started measuring it yet. I will though.
co as much as I wanted. Didnt measure this yet either.
5 small eggs made into that salad I have been eating.

The 3rd I am going to Whole Food and getting a few more vitiams I need and a jar of co. Going across the street at lc store and hoping they have zero bread......

GOing to get that pomagranted cons. drops too!! Working on riding my body of blockage. Oh my salivary gland has quited down some what.....I am over all doing good.

Marge was kind enough to work at helping me post a picture of the wonderful pool I may be working my tail off in tomorrow....I was standing on the diving board when I took the picture yesterday....
Going to see if I can copy it and bring it here. I wanted to show yall what me will be swimming in......I almost fainted when I first saw it.
I just thought of something. If yall dont see it here click on my Journal. It is in there...

Thank you again Marge

We are going to get some of those foam bar bells to use in the water...and swim our butts thin

Kitty when it starts to wear you down roll over and do some back kicks and do your arms in water cutting it as you move. I feel better when I do that and good to go a few more rounds. Repeat as offen as needed...Do some rools under water. It helps strenthin your back muscles.
Float when you need a break. But I do try to keep a lille moment going with my hands and feet. Lean into the water. It takes stress from back. When I first get in a pool that is not deep enough it hurts my lower back...
Old 07-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Water has to be clean enough for a baby to splash around in.....
Or me ant getting in
Fat secrets. I did go to Fit Day but after using FS I didnt want to have to relearn how to use a site.

That pool will make me feel great.

Linda did you go to gym today?

Shanan whats up?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/at...mlparadise.jpg

did it work?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

yes it did work...didnt put pix there but alls you have to do is click that link. Takes you to a clean window with just the pool

Thank you tons Marge(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) )))))
Old 07-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Marge you named it mlparadise! Thats cool!!!!!

I hope you click that link so you will see where ml is gona be sspending a lot of fun in!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
You know, I opened your e-mail, opened that photo and saved it to my desktop to work with all on autopilot without thinking about it. The "MLparadise" I typed without even thinking about it, as if it that were the name of a specific, known location, if that makes sense!
(and if it does and you aren't lacking sleep, heavily medicated or otherwise impaired, seek help. Fast.)

Last edited by MargeGunderson; 07-31-2012 at 10:32 PM..
Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Good morning my dears! Thank goodness for bacon. I woke up really hungry, so I tossed some bacon in the tabletop cooker and voila I am a happy camper. Nothing too exciting here, just working on my projects. Not too ambitious, but no pressure!

How is is going with all of you? by the way, happy August.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Hi Ya all!!!
I have missed you!

Didi-Thanks so much for posting the link for the recalls!
I regularly eat one of the salads on the list!!!!!!

MaryLouise, that pool looks wonderful!
I am so happy for you!!!!
I am also so glad that you are feeling so well!
Your menu looks very good....I really must up my egg eating!!!!

My Mom's surgery did not happen!
The doctor decided that it was not necessary so he just did a little scraping and in an hour we were on our way home.
I am so relieved!

Her 92nd birthday party was very nice.....she really enjoyed seeing everyone!
Even though she confused peoples names, she knew that they were family and she was so happy be with family!

I am back baby........back on track, to clean low carb Way of Life!!!!

Hope each and everyone of you have a great Low carb day!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

welcome back heather ,,, great news about moms surgery! If I live to be 92 I PLAN to not know anyone's names.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
welcome back heather ,,, great news about moms surgery! If I live to be 92 I PLAN to not know anyone's names.
Thanks, she was so happy!
We don't care if she gets our names wrong!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather I am so glad your mama had a good birthday. Hey I forget nmaes all the time. But it really ant forgetting. It is like I call someone by the wrong name. My mama did it too. Somethings you have no power over.

I am very happy you are back on plan! Best news I have had so far today.

ebeads that bacon smells devine. I am out until the 3rd. Which is just around the corner.

Marge thannk you again for posting the link to the pool......I am hoping I am able to get in it soon. Doesn't look like today will be that day.
I think it is going to rain here for the next several days. Just my luck
Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

I want bve going swimming today. She feels bad. This move from Cali. has taken its tole on her.
When I can get her in that swimming pool she will feel like a new woman!

Ate 3 more of them hard boiled eggs.
coffee
co
hwc

I boiled some more yesterday thinking I would need them pool side for protein......
I need to stuff some of them.

On my way to check out Susan's food diary
Closed Thread