Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011

Hi everybody

This is gona be fun! I am looking forward to working on learning how to eat to lose and maintain and be healthy doing IT!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

I dug in my cabinet looking for green beans and I dont have any. I found 2 cans of green peas but nothing else. So I will need to get something green as low carb as I can find. Thinking about looking in the freezer section at the store. Spinach would be good. Spinach with scrambled eggs is good too. Leaf green sounds very good. Frozen I have read is best unless you can go out back and grab a few leaves. Now that would be good. Thus fall I am going to try very hard to find greens. I hope someone close has luck planting them with this dry summer we are having.

Here where I live we get cracks in the ground as big as an 18 wheeler! Gumbo ground. Hard as a rock when it is dry. And if you step on fresh wet ground, you can bury up to your knees! When we first moved out here I had a new pair of shoes.

We had not been here long and we wanted some animals. So I drove across the bridge into Memphis and brought back a goat. A pg. goat. She got away from me and I ran after her into a wet fresh tilled field. I lost one of those new shoes in the gumbo. DH was like crap, the goat could have been caught. You lost your new shoes. Well I hated it worse than he did. We didnt have money for another new pair of shoes. I just remembered, Nathleen went with me to get her. She rode in the front seat between Nathleens legs. The man I got her from had tied her legs soo she wouldn't start getting upset. She got upset and she got lose. But Nathleen held on to her.

That winter she had her twins. She was in a pen with no cover. The night she had them me and DH brought her and her babies inside the trailer we were in. She couldnt get cold and her babies would die. We got her something. I can't remember what but she did good. Raised them twins right on up.

I wonder if we ate them. I cant remember andI dont want to ask.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:56 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: didi
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: October 2007
Morning, everyone!

Holy Moly, ML, what a story! Don't ask!!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Morning to everyone.

How fun to raise twin goats.

Have you determined to cut fat and protein when you add greens? Spinach sounds good. On the other site a lot used brussel sprouts but I can't tolerate them at all or the smell. Fresh beans sounds good too. And of course good old salad. I still haven't gotten my Atkins books back from BIL but I have a real craving for blue cheese dressing. I know you can't indulge all you want but yum!!!

Linda
Old 07-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Don't ask....

I can't raise or know animals that will be my food
Old 07-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Update, the raspberry ketone pills have not worked to reduce tummy flab. I bought a 3 month supply and have finished the first bottle. No results. This was a recommendation from the famous Dr Oz. Also I bought another recommendation of wrinkle creams. I used them for 6 months until the product was empty. No results. I am such a pushover. Never again. I wonder where he gets his "scientific" information about results. I think CO and water would do the same thing!!!

I agree ML don't ask. Ditto Kitty.

Linda
Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
ML I don't blame you I wouldn't want to ask either. I remember when I was little we stayed with my grandma after mom and dad split up. And we got baby chicks for easter and they grew inton chickens. I remember one night we had fried chicken and it looked different, I saw little hairs through some of the breading. I just had a feeling.. I stopped eating and asked if they were our chickens and my Grandma got all mad because my little brother and sister started crying. She told me to shush my mouth. We were never allowed to throw away food there she made us eat whatever was on our plate. Horrible experience.
Linda I also hate the smell and taste of brussell sprouts. Ewwww. Grandma made us eat those too..
Old 07-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Update, the raspberry ketone pills have not worked to reduce tummy flab. I bought a 3 month supply and have finished the first bottle. No results. This was a recommendation from the famous Dr Oz. Also I bought another recommendation of wrinkle creams. I used them for 6 months until the product was empty. No results. I am such a pushover. Never again. I wonder where he gets his "scientific" information about results. I think CO and water would do the same thing!!!

I agree ML don't ask. Ditto Kitty.

Linda
I think he recommends whoever greases his palm!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Sometimes my life is very very ironic. A couple of years ago I was so very broke ( you all know what the economy has done for artists standard of living) and was in the check out line at the grocery store and was astonished to see one of my pins on the cover of style magazine. Of course I got no credit for it, no name mention... apparently some stylist had purchased the pin way back when blah blah blah. ... sooo Fast forward. At the moment I am continuing to live penny to penny. I have a craft fair coming up in September so I will be good , but today on Facebook there is a lot of kafuffle about a locally filmed movie premiering here in Hartford on friday. One of the people who worked on the film is a buddy of mine, so she borrowed some of my pieces to be worn by the female lead. So yep, sure as shootin , I look and there is one of my necklaces on the actress ... on the front of the facebook page, and in the local newspaper photo etc etc etc. LOL! Of course, again, I got no money for this , and no mention of my name in any of the credits. It just makes me laugh. Maybe some day it will show up on netflix and I can actually see the movie. Will post the pic if I can.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

That is my necklace and the view is our state capital here in Hartford ...which I can see ( from the opposite angle ) when I go out the door where I live. This photo is from the Hartford Courant and the name of the movie is Rising Star.
I can't post links but if any of you have Facebook you can look up Rising Star Movie ... and yep at the top ... same necklace.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg risingstar.jpg (32.4 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by ebeads; 07-30-2012 at 09:20 AM..
Old 07-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

That one is the movie poster
Old 07-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #43

Wow! That sucks big time ebeads!

Artists should always get credit!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #44

Can you post to the fb page about that being your creation? And maybe link to your page if you have one? Do you have a page you sell on? I'd like to see your work!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Ebeads, you need credit! I wish I knew what to do to help you. If they just borrowed the pieces, you should be thanked publicly!

Last edited by didi; 07-30-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Old 07-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

I will post to my facebook page later on when I am able to respond to any inquiries. At the moment I am not so energetic, am way behind on getting my web page set up. When I get ready to do my craft fair in September, I will do a lead-in on facebook at that time and also email out to my customer list.

On a totally different note. I feel really stupid. I have been posting about the troubles I have had with leg cramps. I take magnesium and potassium supplements so I figured I should be covered. Today on errands I even had a leg cramp while driving ( yikes ) Usually they just hit me when I am trying to sleep at night. So just now I was mixing up my drink that I take my supplements with and adding in the potassium which I dissolve in powder form for better absorption ( I have almost no lower intestine left due to surgery 30 years ago so I do not absorb nutrients well). I was going to read the label and see if I could add more, i.e. what is the average daily dose. WELL the light bulb finally went on .. one tsp is only 15% of a person's daily potassium requirement. GOLLY ! Well it is good to have one part of the puzzle solved. Now I have to look for better supplements that have perhaps a capsule with a larger percentage of mdr. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy. LOL
Old 07-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #47

It happens Hun! At least you found the problem.

Let me know when you get your sites up!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

ebeads, hope you find the supplements soon. That's awful about not getting credit for your pieces. I know they do credit on some shows on TV.. I have seen clothes by..., jewelry by... etc. I too am looking forward to your site and FB.

Kitty, I totally agree with you about Dr Oz. Now I have to decide to finish the last 2 bottles or throw them out. The 3 bottles actually came with 2 free ones, forgot about that.

ML how is climbing the ladder going. Any daily menus you want to post?

Linda
Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

ebeads, I have heard that potassium supp are very small amts. I wonder why that is? I have not taken them yet, I don't get cramps. I do take mag citrate powder most nights. It helps me relax and aids consti(TMI)!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

"(Friend) cooked corn, and I don't care, (Friend) cooked corn, and I don't care, Friend cooked corn, and I don't caaaaaaare..... my blubber's going away!"

I had to bring MargeGunderson's song here!
I am still laughing.
I can see it in my minds eye as well as I had been there singing it with you, silently
Cool song Marge

Ebeads I have seen your beautiful creations and I agree it is wrong for them not to state the creators' name! They are toe heads!
You have a very lovely view as you walk out your door
So glad you saw that slip. Hoping when you get more of the supplement your cramps will go away. It is bad to have them, but driving! Oh me!!!!!

Linda I dont have any veg. yet. I have backed off of drinking 3 or 4 tab. CO every morning
I am going to do the math and see the ratio of protein, fat and carbs. probaly do it at fat secrets since I already have an account there. Might check out LCF's thread they created resently for this.

Ebeads standling in line at the grocery store and seeing one of your very own creations has to have been an AWESOME RUSH!!!!!

Kitty the day I saw for myself what others was saying about the oz, I was like you sure messed up good Mr. Oz. He should never be trying to make someone else's woe look so wrong! I hope yall know who I am talking about. I would have loved to see him go one on one with Dr. Robert C. Atkins!

Shanan how is JUDDD going? Is BF still not drinking his cokes?

Marge are you sleeping in after all that corn??

Had some more of those hard boiled eggs.
Stuck to my commitment of backing off the CO and HWC...

I really didnt want to eat them eggs but waste not want not.

Shanan that was a horrible thing your grandma made you do. It's a wonder she didnt create a true vegan!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

I thought all this time my pawpa was the only man that would not let a child leave the table until they had cleaned their plate!
And we wonder why we have a weight problem.................................
Old 07-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
You are all correct about Oz; he's all about the money and his ego. He would probably shill moldy dog feces if someone paid him enough to do so.

ML, my father used to literally shove the stuff we didn't like down our throats with a fork when we were little, which of course made for cut up gums, tongue, etc. Even by force, I could never get broccoli to stay down more than a couple of seconds which only got him all the angrier.

My friends tell me that's why I have such issues now trying to eat foods I don't like. I can't do it even to be polite; I get sick even trying to swallow anything that tastes terrible.
Being too picky isn't anyone's fault; that's just how I was made, but the thought of food I don't like, or wondering/worrying what's going to be served, or even the word casserole, I get a huge knot in my stomach and worry 'til I know what's what.

Encouraging a food addict to "just have one treat, so you'll stay motivated and on track" is like encouraging an alcoholic to just have one drink so they won't fall off the wagon.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #53

Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Hi gals!

Marking my spot here on ML's new thread. I've lost 5.4 pounds since July 21 when I announced I was tired of the scale drama and went hard core. 15 oz water in the morning, getting to bed earlier to curb late night snacking. Reduced calorie intake to around 1500. Hit an all time low since starting the program in January. If Dr. A were still alive, I'd send him a letter of sincere gratitude.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Hi gals!

Marking my spot here on ML's new thread. I've lost 5.4 pounds since July 21 when I announced I was tired of the scale drama and went hard core. 15 oz water in the morning, getting to bed earlier to curb late night snacking. Reduced calorie intake to around 1500. Hit an all time low since starting the program in January. If Dr. A were still alive, I'd send him a letter of sincere gratitude.
Susan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness. Wow Wow.

Susan Susan Susan This is the most wonderful thing that has happened. Dr. Atkins would for sure give you a great big huggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg:jumpjoy :

My heart speeded up reading your words...still is....

Susan you have got it on! You have the KEY!!!
Gosh I am crying...I am a big baby. Susan I am hugging you

Keep doing the same thing.....
I just read them words again today. Keep doing what you are doing. You are in burn mode. Dont stop.
I am drawing blands about where I read the words......

Woohoo! Susan!

Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #55

Thank you, ML! Only you, and the people here, know what this journey is like. No one in my RL understands the pain, stress, and heartbreak of being 100+ pounds over weight.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

You know we what to know everything

You have done and ate. Check on moving and dropping kcals. Check on water.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Susan check on that too..............................
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #58

ML, LOL!!!! I post every morsel I eat in the Post Your Meals thread. I also post in the Daily Weigher thread.

1400-1600 calories a day, including cutting back on cheese
20 or less carbs a day
64+ oz of water a day
Plenty of sleep.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

You do......I will be there asap. Got to go and see nephew and his wife their new house. She has a wonderfful house.I havent seen it yet but I know it is wonderful because it has a Lshape swimming pool with a diving board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I have seen the thread but dont follow them, yet!!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Susan that is just so great. You have said some very important words about keeping track and limiting certain things that are good for us, but that we should not have in large quantities. Keep up the excellent work! woohooo!
Closed Thread