Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #391
Blabbermouth!!!
 
juddinminime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 4,497
Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
You are on your way (weigh) to being an athletic size. Like I mentioned before, I don't have to be model thin, just athletically built. Strong is the new skinny !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like that "Strong is the new Skinny"

I can remember being a size 9-10smallest as an adult, 16 largest.

As a teenager size 6.
juddinminime is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
I found the liq. stevia in the bus cabinet. It was hiding behind a 2x4.
The powder stevia I got at Whole Food is SweetLeaf.

I had to go back to town this afternoon. I feel drained. I kind of got too hot at one point. I went in The Dollar Tree for eggs. I think they had air set to come on if it went over 100 in the store. Heck maybe 110! Got 12 dozen eggs. I like their eggs.

I got so hot I was scared to smoke a cig and I had a mild panic attack. Several years ago I was taking Valium 3 times a day for panic disorder. I couldn't drive on the interstate. It was bad at one time. I feel so tired for whatever reason. I'm sure its because I got too hot today.


Dianna I am wondering if you have your bed raised up a few inches. Mine is. I can not lay flat. I will get indigestion so bad I feel ill. Burn is horrible. I have GURD. The ACV has so many wonder health benefits. With its proven track record to help stabilize blood glucose, I must continue drinking it. Good stuff.
I bet our bodies can tell we are drinking it.


Check on no induction on JUDDD. And I can't recall who said it. But thanks


MateralGirl I do wish you all the luck of the Irish, to be a big loser come Aug. 10th!


MG talking about any food is cool, ant it yall.
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #393
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
You are on your way (weigh) to being an athletic size. Like I mentioned before, I don't have to be model thin, just athletically built. Strong is the new skinny !!!!!!!!!!!!!


I like that!
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #394
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
We are missing a few people......

I do know sometimes MargeGunderson has trouble getting on line sometimes.
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Plus we haven't seen Frances in too to remember. Frances where are you?


I may not be able to eat a serving of spinach. I am shaking a little. BS going up a little.......


Sexy how did your day go?


I been thinking on something I may want to do. I have seen lots of people lose weight on juddd. I know I cant eat some of the things some do eat. My BS just will not let me. Heres what I been wondering out.

If I had a up-day and a down-day doing atkins I think it would speed weight-loss.

I been thinking about this a lot today..........

I know with juddd lots of ppl stay low carb. But I am talking about having a lc down-day Has anyone ever done this?

I am having a lot of pain in my temples. Head is hurting too. I must get off line for a while....

It is great to see us all working our P.L.A.N.
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!
 
MaterialGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mostly Margaritaville
Posts: 1,264
Gallery: MaterialGirl
Stats: 190/183/140
WOE: CYT
Start Date: July 9, 2012
Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes for weigh in this week !! I'll need it. Good strong day today about 1300 calories !

Didi Thanks for the well wishes for my cat Razzoo. She did have a pretty good day.

Sweetlady For exercise I do dvd's I have collected over the years. I have quite a variety (40+). Currently I am working on 4 cardio a week and 2 or three strength training. I love cardio and hate strength so sometimes I'll do a dvd that alternates the cardio with the weights. The cardio I do is step aerobics, floor aerobics, power walking, or sometimes taebo or kickboxing. Strength - I have an Easy Shaper by Tony Little; A Total Gym; bands and dumbells. I try to work through most of the dvd's every few months and buy a few new ones each year and then donate a few to the library each year. What about you?

Ok peeps you are a fun lively and supportive bunch. I have to go to bed now. I'll talk to you all soon.
MaterialGirl is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
ML: Judds, does low carb JUDDD for up days and down days. There are quite a few that do.

Awww, on the spinach raising your blood sugar. Did you add butter or coconut oil and eat it with protein? That should slow down the sugar spike with the carbs in the spinach. If I remember, you don't like to take insulin but I'm wondering if maybe you should take a small dose or at least get tested for it.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, get some rest.

I'll be heading to bed shortly. I have a long day tomorrow. Laters.
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #398
Blabbermouth!!!
 
juddinminime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 4,497
Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
ML a lot of ppl dont stay lc while JUDDDing, and they lose weight!
I prefer staying lc for myself because bread, potatoes, rice and noodles bloat me to no end and spike the scale up quick.

There are different ways to do JUDDD
You dont have to do 500calorie DD's, there are some that split there UD's and do it like that.
Topaz knows more on that I just stick to the basic's.
When it gets complicated - forget it.

whewwwEEEE that is a lot of working out MG! Keep it up girlie your going to do great!
__________________
judds

UD 1926 DD 400
Hiking 3miles, Short walk 1mile. 5x a wk
Clean eating WOE/JUDDD
Focus - Focus - You Can Do It!
Fit Day Food!
juddinminime is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!
 
juddinminime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 4,497
Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
Hope your long day goes quick tomorrow Topaz!
juddinminime is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #400
Senior LCF Member
 
ebeads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Posts: 616
Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
ML I am sorry you are having headache, hope it goes away soon.

I am sorta kinda doing up days down days with Low Carb, ML. But instead of charting which exact days to go up , I wait until I have an "appetite" day. I have posted before about that. Usually I have a manageable body appetite ( mind cravings is a total other thing) but some times out of the blue I am very hungry. So on hungry days I let myself eat whatever I want from the Atkins list in greater quantities than I normally do. In my average LC day I count calories and try not to exceed 1200 .. but on my up day I am sure I have 1800 or more. So I am killing two birds with one stone , taking care of my hunger and tricking my body out of "starvation mode". On my up days I get a little buggy sometimes ... I have eaten a whole package of cooked bacon over one day ( low sodium bacon LOL ) and I allow myself a three egg omelet.. on those days I have HWC in all of my hot drinks and extra mayo in my tuna.

To all of you wonderful friends who share here, I get a bit overwhelmed in trying to respond to lots of things. I really admire people who do posts replying to a lot of people. Just know I am wishing you all so much success and if there is something you asked me in particular, if I did not answer it is because my poor mind has an attention span of a gnat. Feel free to private message me here on the forum and I will give you my email address. At least in email I can focus on one subject at a time!
ebeads is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!
 
juddinminime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 4,497
Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
ebeads, same here for me on my DD.
I am not all there with focusing but I try.
juddinminime is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
ML: Judds, does low carb JUDDD for up days and down days. There are quite a few that do.

Awww, on the spinach raising your blood sugar. Did you add butter or coconut oil and eat it with protein? That should slow down the sugar spike with the carbs in the spinach. If I remember, you don't like to take insulin but I'm wondering if maybe you should take a small dose or at least get tested for it.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, get some rest.

I'll be heading to bed shortly. I have a long day tomorrow. Laters.
Blue I did eat the spinach with meat. Another piece of that rib-eye. With butter. I do have a problem with BS. But no I am not going to use insulin or a pill. My AC1 was right at the cut off the last blood draw. the nurse prac. I see said I should try to continue on with this WOE, without any meds.

Oh I chewed up 2 aspirin and head feels tons better. .

I stopped checking bs as often as I was. Well I dont check it unless I am shaking real bad. It's low and then I eat and even a steak can make it rise. Little things can trigger it to go up so easy.



Today I ate:

rib-eye and fried eggs

rib-eye and spinach with one egg scrambled in it. A little bit of hard cheese.

Do you remember when I was preaching that cheese with red wax? It got so high I had to stop buying it.

I been meaning to ask, has boss lost any weight?
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
What I mean about JUDDD is doing the ladder rung and keeping carbs at 25 grams and on a down day carbs at zero....Plus I can not eat anything white or fruits. No starchie veggies. No nothing that will raise blood sugar.....Kind of like go a day and get full load of 25 grams of carbs and waiting till night to eat zero carb.


Something like that. I dont have it all worked out in my head yet.......Back when I started last March I would sometimes go days with only eating hard cheese or a A-bar and a A-shake....
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
ML I am sorry you are having headache, hope it goes away soon.

I am sorta kinda doing up days down days with Low Carb, ML. But instead of charting which exact days to go up , I wait until I have an "appetite" day. I have posted before about that. Usually I have a manageable body appetite ( mind cravings is a total other thing) but some times out of the blue I am very hungry. So on hungry days I let myself eat whatever I want from the Atkins list in greater quantities than I normally do. In my average LC day I count calories and try not to exceed 1200 .. but on my up day I am sure I have 1800 or more. So I am killing two birds with one stone , taking care of my hunger and tricking my body out of "starvation mode". On my up days I get a little buggy sometimes ... I have eaten a whole package of cooked bacon over one day ( low sodium bacon LOL ) and I allow myself a three egg omelet.. on those days I have HWC in all of my hot drinks and extra mayo in my tuna.

To all of you wonderful friends who share here, I get a bit overwhelmed in trying to respond to lots of things. I really admire people who do posts replying to a lot of people. Just know I am wishing you all so much success and if there is something you asked me in particular, if I did not answer it is because my poor mind has an attention span of a gnat. Feel free to private message me here on the forum and I will give you my email address. At least in email I can focus on one subject at a time!

Hi ebeads, You mentioned something that trigger a thought I have been having.

Like on a down day, no HWC. And yes low kcals on down days.

ebeads when I was kicking tons of fluff to that curb I did eat a whole pack of bacon and as many eggs as I wanted in one sitting ....And since I found the low sodium at Kroger I have been eating that kind...zero sugar.....


Did your friend get back from her trip? I bet her kitties were glad to see her if she is home...

ebeads we got a lot of cat lovers with us now
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member
 
ebeads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Posts: 616
Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
ML glad your head is better. I am right there with you on NEVER anything starchy or fruits. I see people all the time on the forum who say they can have a little this or that and they are fine, but I would totally NOT be fine.

Yes my friend for whom I was cat-sitting is back. She had a great time. This coming weekend she is away again, her family is going to Block Island, a beautiful tourist place down off the coast here . I am in CT , I think Block Island may be officially RI or NY but not sure. So I will be cat sitting again on Saturday and Sunday.
ebeads is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #406
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Oh yes my head does feel so much better. I chewed up 2 aspirin and after my shower I feel soooo much better. I think I did get too hot today. It is so easy to hurt yourself with just doing simple things in this pounding heat. We have had so many days at over 100 it is starting to slow everyone down. Even from the news I see crime has slowed down. Thank God for that.

When I got out of the truck at Walmart I was takin back by how hot the rays felt coming from the sun. And the brightness of it all. In the summer at this time if you are in a pool and you lay back and look at the sky it is so blue it looks purple. If I could be in a pool right now I could stay all day at this time of year real easy. DH has to drag me in....Oh and my hair changes color. I don't burn. Takes a lot to do that too me. I always slather on CO at least 2 times, as early as possible before going to the water for a day in the sun....
But it doesn't look like I will have that to worry about this summer. School started in Memphis today. Not here yet.........



I am so glad Blue and Judds and MG has joined us. We all have grown very strong.

Got to find the MIAs......Where yall a hiding.....


Susan how is it going for you. I noticed your kcals really do matter a lot. I been watching what you eat. Loving your food choices.

JEM, I read your note on My Journal. Hurry and met everyone. She said she would drop by later this week.

Have I told anyone today how very much I love LCF. Most wonderful friends in the www!


Did yall hear about the Rover landing on Mars?










marylouise is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
ML glad your head is better. I am right there with you on NEVER anything starchy or fruits. I see people all the time on the forum who say they can have a little this or that and they are fine, but I would totally NOT be fine.

Yes my friend for whom I was cat-sitting is back. She had a great time. This coming weekend she is away again, her family is going to Block Island, a beautiful tourist place down off the coast here . I am in CT , I think Block Island may be officially RI or NY but not sure. So I will be cat sitting again on Saturday and Sunday.
Oh my gosh. RI or NY

Block Island.

ebeads can I come live with you and your kitties? You live in and near the places I have read and dreamed of all of my life.......


Yea fruits is something I will be living without. If I downed that one small bite, I'd be turning off the switch on my life.... I can't eat Just one bite.


I am happy about one thing though. I never was a big bread and taters kind of person. Those want be missed.

I wonder if the Pomegranate extract is starting to work yet...
I got a letter today from UAMS. University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
They have set me up with an appt. for this month the 20th. Linda same day as you go to doctor. I am not keeping the appt.

Calling them tomorrow. Want to have a copy from those test they did and find out how blocked the artery is. After taking the Pomegranate extract for 3 to 6 months I am going to do the very best I can to get them to do the test again...Then I can better decide on what to do or continue to do. LC eating is helping my health in so many ways I would be brain dead to stop eating this way....
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member
 
ebeads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Posts: 616
Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
ML you can come and live with me and the kitties any time. The thing is, I live in a great location , near so many historic and natural places , but the price to pay is I live in a city apartment and anyone who needs to be near nature would feel starved for it. I am half way in between new york city and boston. The train and bus station is practically across the street. But I have to get in my car to go see a park ( very close ) if I want to be around nature. It just is not the same as living in a house where you can wander out the back door with your cup of coffee at dawn. I lived in houses in the country or suburbia most of my life and I am right where I belong right now as far as price , convenience and being near stores and services, but I bet you would miss your outdoors!
ebeads is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #409
Senior LCF Member
 
sweetlady2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 821
Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
What I mean about JUDDD is doing the ladder rung and keeping carbs at 25 grams and on a down day carbs at zero....Plus I can not eat anything white or fruits. No starchie veggies. No nothing that will raise blood sugar.....Kind of like go a day and get full load of 25 grams of carbs and waiting till night to eat zero carb.


Something like that. I dont have it all worked out in my head yet.......Back when I started last March I would sometimes go days with only eating hard cheese or a A-bar and a A-shake....
ML I have been eating maybe 5-10 g carbs on my DD and i would say around 25-35 On my UD. it has just been easier for me to come close to hitting my UD calories by eating things llike nuts and cheese i even use those days to have peanut butter. I would say its very doable to do it vlc and could shake things up enough to get you whooshing. I can say for sure if you dont make sure the calories are spread out far enough it slows or stops weigjt loss. Thats what happened to me last week when i kept having 1000 calorie updays.
sweetlady2k is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 439
Gallery: Lindaboca
ebeads I am like you. This thread is so fast I have to take notes on each page to keep up. I too can't have a little of this or that either. People just don't understand that. Through Atkins I have learned what my body can and can noyt tolerate. I am reading through the ACV link you sent me. It's informative.

ML glad the headache is better. I wish you would keep the Dr appt on the 20th. Sounds like SW is doing what you want to do successfully on JUDD. May be a plan for you.

Didi, hope the kitty is OK

MG, wow you are such an inspiration to me with all that exercising. I wish you could send me some of that spirit.

Linda
Lindaboca is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 439
Gallery: Lindaboca
Blue, you hit it on the head. When I reduced the amount of protein and cheese I started losing again. I have to adjust from time to time as you do. So far I don't see any difference with the raspberry ketones. When I was at Whole Foods the employee told me that it takes at least 6 weeks for your body to utilize them. Well I am on week 5 so I will keep you updated. Heather is Annabel, a lovely member.

JUDDS, how is the ketone raspberry working for you? How long have you been taking them?

SL, what is an athletic size 8?

Linda
Lindaboca is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #412
Way too much time on my hands!
 
soontobesexy'ntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: cajungurl Hitched to a Tejas boy
Posts: 19,588
Gallery: soontobesexy'ntx
Stats: 208/208/???
WOE: HCG by the book
Start Date: which time??
Good morning all!!
Fat Cat moved my Dr Steve KMD to the journal site since I was the only one posting there! over the weekend I had gained up to 207, and by sticking OP yesterday I have lost to 205, hopefully back to 203 tomarrow!!
Yesterdays menu was
brekie
cambridge shake
lunch
cambridge soup
supper
chicken fahita salad w/ homeaid Itailan dressing
EVOO, Red wine ving, spices

Todays menu same + lime chili peanuts for snack (2-4-1.00)

Last edited by soontobesexy'ntx; 08-07-2012 at 06:06 AM..
soontobesexy'ntx is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Good Morning!

You gals were still chatty when I went to bed. I love it. Gives me something to read in the morning with my coffee.

I'm very chatty as MG and Judds can testify and I hope you girls don't mind.

As I type a new page, I scroll down as I'm typing to remind myself who has posted.

Ebeads and Linda: Don't worry about missing some of us. In the 80's, I loved chat rooms when people were typing a mile a minute. That trained my brain.

Judds: I love to pick your brain on down days I gotta get you out of your semi-coma state.

Judds loves to tease me about going on Judds again with her. If this doesn't work after a good try, I might do Judd but with modifications. I have to have my brains on full throttle at my job. I can't be balmy. I would have to eat more than 500 calories on DD's and eat just low carb.

Linda: If I reduce my meats and cheeses too much, I tend to eat more veggies which ups my appetite. It's a fine balance for me.

ML: So glad you got rid of your headache! That was quick.

What you were thinking about with Judd sounds like a good plan but be careful with your blood sugar on the down days if you go on it. You may want to spread out your calories throughout the day.

You asked about my boss. I'll show you in a picture: I have him eating more and more low carb and since I"m cooking most of our lunches, he's eating low carb. But he's eating fruit and who knows what else in the evenings when I'm not looking. He tells me some of it and says every time he eats a fruit, he can hear my voice scolding him. No, he's not losing weight so far. I can't even get him to use the scale at work. He needs to lose so bad that his doc told him his diabetes is worse and he needs to stop smoking immediately - his lungs are bad. I can only show him through example but I can't do it for him.

MG and Judds: I want both of you as my personal trainer, here!
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member
 
sweetlady2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 821
Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Blue, you hit it on the head. When I reduced the amount of protein and cheese I started losing again. I have to adjust from time to time as you do. So far I don't see any difference with the raspberry ketones. When I was at Whole Foods the employee told me that it takes at least 6 weeks for your body to utilize them. Well I am on week 5 so I will keep you updated. Heather is Annabel, a lovely member.

JUDDS, how is the ketone raspberry working for you? How long have you been taking them?

SL, what is an athletic size 8?

Linda
Because im tall but medium built i dont look rail thin at size 8 i was always athletic even when im bigger, in part because of my job too. Thats what i mean. Not skinny skinny, just athletic looking.
sweetlady2k is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!
 
Annabel Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,389
Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Hi all!!!
This thread is moving so fast there is no way to keep up

Congratulations to any successes!!!

Hello, to anyone I have not met yet!

I love cats too!
I have only one now.
I also have two house rabbits.

Interesting talk about uping the protein.
I have a gut feeling this could be why I am stalling right now.
I really have a hard time lowering protein and raising fat.
I find that most of the time I am eating the two together.

Linda, other than reducing the cheese how did you reduce the amount of protein with out reducing the fat that often comes along with it?

Wishing you all a great day!
__________________
Heather

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.

Last edited by Annabel Lee; 08-07-2012 at 06:26 AM..
Annabel Lee is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Hi Heather - nice to meet you I'm a newbie here so you can imagine that it's tough to keep up.

With upping your fats without protein, the only ways I could figure it out was to add extra butter and mayonnaise to the foods. If you're into coconut oil, a tablespoon to your morning coffee or fried with eggs would help too.

What plan are you on, may I ask?
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Because im tall but medium built i dont look rail thin at size 8 i was always athletic even when im bigger, in part because of my job too. Thats what i mean. Not skinny skinny, just athletic looking.
Sweet: I know what you mean about bone built. I can wrap my fingers around my wrist and it's still loose but my hip bones are so wide that without a ounce of fat, they would still be wide.

Oops, time to leave for work. I'll be on later tonight. Have a great day everyone!
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!
 
Annabel Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,389
Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
Hi Heather - nice to meet you I'm a newbie here so you can imagine that it's tough to keep up.

With upping your fats without protein, the only ways I could figure it out was to add extra butter and mayonnaise to the foods. If you're into coconut oil, a tablespoon to your morning coffee or fried with eggs would help too.

What plan are you on, may I ask?
Hi Blue,
Nice to meet you!

I was first inspired by Gary Taubes and lost my first 80 on a very low carb diet, under 20 carbs a day.
I have been stalled for months now.
I have reread my Atkins book several times but I really have never been able to get past induction.
My body can not handle too many carbs any more.
I do love butter in my coffee....CO makes me feel sick.
I believe HWC is a little dangerous for me because I can lose control with it, so I am very careful with it.
I cook with bacon fat (I have several jars saved up).

That said I have never felt better!!!
So even though I am not losing right now I know I am much healthier than I have been in years.
Annabel Lee is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
[QUOTE=didi;15853926] Blue, I have gone and went zero carb, so I won't be eating any breads, but thank you. Love the blue topaz gems, my birthstone maybe? November. Blue is my favorite color, period. QUOTE]


Hi Didi: Blue Topaz is December's birthstone and I am Dec 8th. I think yours is Yellow Topaz. A very pretty stone as well. We are birthday neighbors!

I like blue too but my eyes are green so I look better wearing green clothes.
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Hi Blue,
Nice to meet you!

I was first inspired by Gary Taubes and lost my first 80 on a very low carb diet, under 20 carbs a day.
I have been stalled for months now.
I have reread my Atkins book several times but I really have never been able to get past induction.
My body can not handle too many carbs any more.
I do love butter in my coffee....CO makes me feel sick.
I believe HWC is a little dangerous for me because I can lose control with it, so I am very careful with it.
I cook with bacon fat (I have several jars saved up).

That said I have never felt better!!!
So even though I am not losing right now I know I am much healthier than I have been in years.
Heather: I know what you mean. Most of my 10 yrs Atkins experience was in Induction. HWC - I don't use in coffee, just in recipes (lately). Not sure how it will impact my weight this month since I"ve been using it in Linda Sue's recipes. I learned to drink coffee black. I hate drinking my calories but I succumb to adult drinks on occasion to settle my busy head and relax. I can be a workaholic and don't know how to shut down. Dr. A didn't have a problem with an occassional drink and I don't like beer (grains, yeast, hops don't agree w/me) so I'll have it straight up over ice more than mixing it with diet soda.

:::fingers drumming::: where is my boss? We gotta GO!
BlueTopaz is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.