Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #361
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
It's my DD today with low calories, so will now try to rest after 30min cardio workout.
Sweetlady what is your day today UD or DD?

Together we are all stronger ML you are right.
Support motivation encouragement! Yay!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juddinminime View Post
Oh yea maryl I feel the burn when I stretch out after a workout.
Glad to hear your feeling skinny!

Hiya sweetlady!
Quick catch up with me on JUDDD I started the first of the yr at 207lbs now aprox 180 thats 27lbs gone
Before that I was 217 and started induction again till 207lbs.
Induction my body stopped losing weight.JUDDD

LindabocaPartner in crime, YES!
Ty for the welcome
Judd Induction you stop losing. So JUDDD induction? What is Judd induction? How long does it last?

Congrads on kicking 27 fluff's to the curb!!!:jumpjo y:
Old 08-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: didi
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: October 2007
Hi everyone, nice to see the thread move, I'm running to catch up!

Welcome Blue Topaz, Material Girl and Judds, hope I didn't leave anyone out. You girls have hot avis, I need one!

Hi ML, glad you bought/found some stevia. I've heard good things about Sweetleaf liquid. I don't dare make anything sweet for DH yet, since I haven't tasted any for 5 days. Last night I did make a sweet/sour cucumber salad, but I did not taste it. Then I gave him the 3rd degree about the taste. Too much sugar? (I used real sugar!), too much vinegar?

Blue, I have gone and went zero carb, so I won't be eating any breads, but thank you. Love the blue topaz gems, my birthstone maybe? November. Blue is my favorite color, period.

Soon~sexy -sorry about car repairs-yikes. Lol on the stick horse.

Linda and Ebeads, you are going to make me get out the ACV again. I was taking it with water and my iodine drops and getting heartburn, so I dropped the vinegar and it went away.

Heather, I hope you are taking good care of yourself as well as your mom. You are so good to take her everywhere. I do what I can for my mom, as much as she'll let me!

Sweetlady, thanks for the recipe, it's sounds good, I will try when I get the right steak. I don't know how you JUDDDers do it, I'm hungry every day!

SUSAN, I'm so happy for you!! I'm catching it, too, I think I might be losing!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

ML yes I stopped losing with induction. My friend (MG) brought it to my attention cause it happened to her too.. I was overindulging in calories..To much cheese! Meats and ect~
With JUDDD you alternate your calories with a high calorie day UD.
And a low calorie day DD.
Your calorie numbers are adjusted for your age, height, and weight.
I keep my daily foods pretty much lc and with almost all induction friendly foods.
I'll keep doing it till I get to goal and then try to maintain.
Ty for kicking the "flufs to the curbYES!

didi go get you a hot avi!ty for the welcome

UD 1926 DD 400
Hiking 3miles, Short walk 1mile. 5x a wk
Clean eating WOE/JUDDD
Focus - Focus - You Can Do It!
Fit Day Food!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MaterialGirl
Stats: 190/183/140
WOE: CYT
Start Date: July 9, 2012
Thanks everyone for the welcome ... I'll work on learning your names and plans too but bear with me I have menopausal memory - I'll do my best though.

Yeah, like Judds said I was doing low carb induction levels or maybe 25 grams for the longest time and never got beyond losing 6 lbs or so and then gaining it back. This went on for about the last two and a half years. Then I got fed up and basically did nothing but exercise and read and try to figure out WHAT I was gonna do food wise. Then it occurred to me in some of my reading that being now in my late 40's I probably should have paid attention to calories while doing low carb this time. I used LOTS of full fat cream in my coffee and had 3-4 cups a day, ate lots of cheese after dinner, and made rich casseroles with sausage, cream cheese, etc.

I decided on the current plan because I lost this way in 2008 and 2009 - which is most recent in my up/down/weight journey. I started July 9th and decided not to weigh for one month so that's due up this FRIDAY AUGUST 10th - or I might do it Thursday. Everyone wish me lots of luck please..please please let this be working.

Someone said my food sounded really good and I think it is, but I also really like most of the low carb food. I think if I don't have success with what I am doing I'll be fully game to return to lc again, but I'll have to track calories and carbs during the next go-round. I am feeling really good, but also really terrified of the scale. I don't know if I can take it if I don't soon see some solid results.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

LUCK IS WITH YOU!!!! I will pray too!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
MG, it was me that said the food sounded really good. I have been in induction way to long and stalled. I ate so much protein, cheese and eggs that I couldn't lose anymore. I adjusted the amounts and now drink water, water,water all day. It's working as i have lost a few pounds. I have a dr appt Aug 20th and whatever weight I am at that time I will begin OWL. I hope you see some positive results soon. Sending you positive thoughts and smiles.

Didi, I have ben taking the Braggs for 2 days now. I think my stomach has to get used to it like the CO. I am taking it now 3 instead of 2 times a day but all before dinner. Did you find any benefit while taking it. I remember at the other site CO was the rage, about a year ago and that's all anyone talked about, then nothing. I am still taking 1 Tb in the am. I can't tolerate it too much. I too get hunger spells and try to eliminate them with drinking water or tea sweetened with my new Stevia. Where did you say you saw the NOW product I bought on ebay?

Linda
Old 08-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #368
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes lots of new names to learn MG.
I ate like that too MG thinking heck! Anyone can eat these delish recipes, and this is a diet WOE?! Shoots~
Cheese is dessert for me on lc WOE along w/cream, cream cheese, splenda...
fried chickenomg! The list goes on
Wishing you lots of luck for your weight in!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Linda, I didn't see Now Better Stevia at a store, I bought online at Swanson's Vitamins with some other stuff. I see now that Netrition has it. I was hoping MaryLouise could find it at a regular store. But she got some liquid stevia that she likes, so that's good. I have heard that some kinds are bitter, but Now and Nunaturals are not in my opinion.

I don't recall any benefits of ACV, I drank it for about 6 weeks and stopped. The heartburn stopped then too. Maybe I'm backwards!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Didi, no NOW is not bitter. I try not to use it too often. I am glad ML found some she likes. Well I hope the ACV works some miracles for me. I am giving it a few months. Sorry you had heartburn, no fun!!!

Linda
Old 08-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MaterialGirl
Stats: 190/183/140
WOE: CYT
Start Date: July 9, 2012
I don't remember the brand but I bought some stevia last year and yeah, it was very bitter. I ended up throwing it out and going back to splenda. I don't seem to have a problem with any artificial sweetners. I'm not big on sweets in general anyway, so they don't cause me any cravings. I am mostly a salty nosher (chips, pretzels, cheez-its, popcorn) .. you get the idea.

Anyway, I think it was "Sweetlady" that posted that yummy looking steak marinade. I bought the splenda brown sugar and have used it also with no trouble. I really like it. I put a tsp on a baked sweet potato once in a while...sorry I know you guys are mostly not eating sweet potatoes, but at some point in the ladder I think they are there. I even have them for breakfast now sometimes with a side of yogurt or piece of lean ham for protein.

OK I have to get ready to go home from work. Sometimes I'm not on much at night - I go to bed at 8:00 or 8:30 during the week so I can get up early (3:00 or 3:30) to exercise, shower, commute and arrive at work by 6:00 ...yeah I am insane I try to check in after dinner if my elder kitty is not sick and needing my attention. Talk to you soon though.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Quote:
It's my DD today with low calories, so will now try to rest after 30min cardio workout.
Sweetlady what is your day today UD or DD?

Together we are all stronger ML you are right.
Support motivation encouragement! Yay!!
Today is DD for me also. I just wait all day and eat dinner. Im having fried hamberger meat with sauteed onions. I have low carbed before and lost 30 lbs. And 35 lbs a second time this time i started 6/28 at 194 and started Juddd about 2 weeks ago at 191 and am bouncing around 186-184 right now.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaterialGirl View Post
I don't remember the brand but I bought some stevia last year and yeah, it was very bitter. I ended up throwing it out and going back to splenda. I don't seem to have a problem with any artificial sweetners. I'm not big on sweets in general anyway, so they don't cause me any cravings. I am mostly a salty nosher (chips, pretzels, cheez-its, popcorn) .. you get the idea.

Anyway, I think it was "Sweetlady" that posted that yummy looking steak marinade. I bought the splenda brown sugar and have used it also with no trouble. I really like it. I put a tsp on a baked sweet potato once in a while...sorry I know you guys are mostly not eating sweet potatoes, but at some point in the ladder I think they are there. I even have them for breakfast now sometimes with a side of yogurt or piece of lean ham for protein.

OK I have to get ready to go home from work. Sometimes I'm not on much at night - I go to bed at 8:00 or 8:30 during the week so I can get up early (3:00 or 3:30) to exercise, shower, commute and arrive at work by 6:00 ...yeah I am insane I try to check in after dinner if my elder kitty is not sick and needing my attention. Talk to you soon though.
MG I also get up super early at 2am or 3 but its just to go to work what kind of exercise do you do?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!

sweetlady We are on the same day and almost - close to the same stats!

WTG w/your DD. You are a tough one able to stick out the whole day before eating.
I kinda do the same but with my workouts 30min a day cardio and walks that I alternate 3mile/1mile <-Depending on DD or UD.
I have to have DD calories throughout the day so if I can stretch them I will.
(Eat at lunch then around fourish.) I wish I could stick it out the whole day till dinner time to eat.
DD calories are 382
UD calories 1910
I tend to loose a lb every two days if I am sticking to the WOE.

So today I had one can of tuna mixed w/1tbsp mayo, relish and two lc tortillas.
(two lc tortilla wraps w/tuna)
Two very small portions added w/1creamer for the coffee in the morning totals 382cal.
I get kinda loopy and flaky on these days~
So forgive me
Old 08-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
Good morning my dears! Hope you all are starting out the week in good shape. I hopped out to the store to get a couple more items and fresh cucumber for my Braggs cucumber vinaigrette. Savalot had bacon for 1.99 a pound so I stocked up ... also their frozen 100% angus beef patties were 2.50 a pound . Their eggs are cheaper too. They are not a fancy store and do not have much beyond the basics but the money goes farther there. I am watching the papers for the next time some store has a sale on water pack tuna and I will stock up there, too.

Speaking of Braggs. I went to a website that had tons of info about health benefits of ACV. I hit print because I wanted to save it in hard copy .. LOL!! It was 45 printed pages long. So now I have a "book" on ACV. I am tellin you girls, if it does 1/4 th of what they claim I am never gonna be without it. I wish I had seen the dr oz show about it, too.
Ebeads we are going to have to hop on the braggs train! Hows your jewelry coming?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #376
Blabbermouth!!!

Yummy nummy hamb w/onion sound good!

Sweetlady forgot to add that we are about the same height. Your an inch taller...And wowo your mini goal is tiny!!
155-160 is low for our height.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

I tried the ACV in pill form and never noticed a difference?
Thats great if it works for you
Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
sweetlady We are on the same day and almost - close to the same stats!

WTG w/your DD. You are a tough one able to stick out the whole day before eating.
I kinda do the same but with my workouts 30min a day cardio and walks that I alternate 3mile/1mile <-Depending on DD or UD.
I have to have DD calories throughout the day so if I can stretch them I will.
(Eat at lunch then around fourish.) I wish I could stick it out the whole day till dinner time to eat.
DD calories are 382
UD calories 1910
I tend to loose a lb every two days if I am sticking to the WOE.

So today I had one can of tuna mixed w/1tbsp mayo, relish and two lc tortillas.
(two lc tortilla wraps w/tuna)
Two very small portions added w/1creamer for the coffee in the morning totals 382cal.
I get kinda loopy and flaky on these days~
So forgive me
Yeah i would rather save it up and eat food i like for dinner. I was doing the insanity workouts before i started low carb this time but i was hungry all of the time and on april aftee doing the tapes for a month i got in a car accident and stopped. They were hard enough when i was healthy! I will be doing something soon though.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Sorry dumb touch screen keyboard. Im doing dd 500/ ud 2000 for now.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #380
Senior LCF Member

At 150-145 i will be an athletic size 8. One thing with low carb i always end up losing all my fat in the problem areas
Old 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Judd Induction you stop losing. So JUDDD induction? What is Judd induction? How long does it last?

Congrads on kicking 27 fluff's to the curb!!!:jumpjo y:
ML she meant she stoped losing on Atkins induction. Juddd has no induction. Yay on feeling skinny! I have days like that also have the i feel like a fat moose days too!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member

MG, hope your kitty feels good tonight! Purr purr, love cats, I'm going to brush my old girl now. She had kittens in our garage years ago and we still call her Mamakitty.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Home from work and just made Linda Sue's Cheesy Tuna Casserole. I still have to have dinner yet.

This thread is busy and I love it. I've read thru all the posts and I'm a quick study (usually) but I'm lost on who HEATHER is? What's her avatar name?
Anyway, nice to meet you, Heather and everyone on this thread I may mixed up your names with my replies, though.

ML: You feel skinny because your body is trying to tell you it's working on your efforts to lose weight, girlie!
Asparagus is so full of fiber and will clean you out in all ways

Didi: Good luck on your zero carb WOE - not easy to do. Are you doing Atkins 1972 to the letter or something else?

Judds: I was telling Linda B about the Rasberry Ketones you have been taking because she has been taking them too. How are they working for you these days? I am tempted to try them.

SweetLady: I am hoping low carb reduces my problem areas of fat. It did when I was younger with little effort but as I aged, stopped smoking and hormones got unbalanced, the weight is so stubborn now to reduce.

Linda B: I think you and I are in the same boat. With my Atkins woe, I tend to get the ratios out of whack and I think as most of us get older, calories have to be considered. If my next weigh in, I'm not losing, then I'll have to cut back on something else. Right now I"m enjoying Linda Sue's recipes maybe a little too much. I may have to go back to reduced meat, a little veggie and controlled cheese rations. I learned that too much protein converts to sugars as well. What the ?????? So, the last round of Atkins, before this one, I was consuming tons of meat, then I learn this?

I think Judds and MG are going to be pleasantly surprised the next time on the scale this month. They are exercise gurus and my inspiration to exercise more. I've gotten better but I could do so much more.

Hope I didn't miss anybody... my brains are fried TOM arrived after a 3 months hiatus. It's kinda like Judds down days
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Heathers avi is annabelle lee its a deer.

Last edited by sweetlady2k; 08-06-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Sorry dumb touch screen keyboard. Im doing dd 500/ ud 2000 for now.
Do you have a Kindle Fire, IPad or maybe a phone you're using?
Old 08-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #386
Blabbermouth!!!

Getting ready to take off on my 1mile walk today.

Sweetlady sorry to hear about the accident. You will pop back into shape soon.
I would love to be able to do those workouts but cant w/my back.
It gives me hard enough time as it is I think it would break if I forced it to do fast moves like those and repetitive like that.

I am not a quick study today Topaz, catch me tomorrow UD's is when I am more lucid

didi have fun w/your furry friend

Yes those ketones I am thinking about going back to them. I bought three bottles of them in time and lost a lb a day.
Recently I switched to OptiCla thinking that it would be good for my muscles, and that I was losing due to JUDDD WOE.
((I am going to go back to the raspberry ketones))

I am happy you feel of me and MG as your Gurus TopazYou can do it and stick to our original challenge this month, you will see a difference too.

My DD's your TOM <<---YES!!! Glad you know how I feel lol!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
Do you have a Kindle Fire, IPad or maybe a phone you're using?
My DROID phone. Everytime i slide out the real keyboard my phone shuts off. Its acting all weird. So i am forced to use the touch screen.. so my posts will probably look a little derpy lol
Old 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #388
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
At 150-145 i will be an athletic size 8. One thing with low carb i always end up losing all my fat in the problem areas
I wanna be a athletic size 8

If you can do it Sweetlady that means I can do it! I didnt think I could get that low in weight.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I wanna be a athletic size 8

If you can do it Sweetlady that means I can do it! I didnt think I could get that low in weight.
You are on your way (weigh) to being an athletic size. Like I mentioned before, I don't have to be model thin, just athletically built. Strong is the new skinny !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Heathers avi is annabelle lee its a deer.
Thank you!
Closed Thread