Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Cheap silver covered lead???

Did you ever tell her what you had done?

I put the peroxide on the holes. Back and front. Letting ears dry our. Then I will put the ones back in that they used. It has been a good 6 weeks. I hope it will be okay to leave out over night. I cant poke a hole back in. NO way!
I was just kidding about the lead part...I don't know what was underneath the silver paint but they were cheapo costume earrings. Yeah, I told her and I was scolded for it. Let it rest for longer if it's still red and nasty. You can poke through, it doesn't hurt. When I go too long without earrings, I have to do it. You can too

You can survive the Pecan cake. I know you can do it. That sugar and flour muk is not your friend. I have to bake my DH cakes and cookies all the time using oat flour and I have no taste for it. I don't even like making it for him in that it's not healthy and he eats too much sugar. But he's thin so his body can handle it, mine ~ nope. Last night I made for a emergency snack my own oven roasted pecans with "some" sea salt. Maybe you can get away with melting some butter and pan frying some for your own personal arsenal while you're making the cake for him. Add some of that Stevia and some cinnamon and there you go!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
He just stuck his finger in the homemade cream cheese butter cream frosting. He is singing and talking to himself at the same time.
He loves the junk too!

I found that bottle of liq. stevia sis gave me back in 2006 and it is still good!!!!I looked for it a week or so ago and it was hiding all this time behind a piece of wood.

May just make myself a almond egg micro cake. With one egg not half a dozen

My ears feel okay and little red. I dont think I did too much damage. I'll put the other ones back in tomorrow. I ant real sure about the poking part. I can poke but poke myself, well have to see about that. My DIL is right next door. I am sure she would do it gladly. Ant too often one can poke MIL and get away with it.

I was just being me about the cake. I can make junk all day and have no problem not eating it. Type 2 self induced diabetic.

Last edited by marylouise; 08-05-2012 at 07:12 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Good morning my dears! Hope you all are starting out the week in good shape. I hopped out to the store to get a couple more items and fresh cucumber for my Braggs cucumber vinaigrette. Savalot had bacon for 1.99 a pound so I stocked up ... also their frozen 100% angus beef patties were 2.50 a pound . Their eggs are cheaper too. They are not a fancy store and do not have much beyond the basics but the money goes farther there. I am watching the papers for the next time some store has a sale on water pack tuna and I will stock up there, too.

Speaking of Braggs. I went to a website that had tons of info about health benefits of ACV. I hit print because I wanted to save it in hard copy .. LOL!! It was 45 printed pages long. So now I have a "book" on ACV. I am tellin you girls, if it does 1/4 th of what they claim I am never gonna be without it. I wish I had seen the dr oz show about it, too.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Ladies!

EBeads: I love cucumbers even more than pickles. Cucumbers are a great diuretic to get help rid of water weight for me. That cucumber vinaigrette sounds delish. Could you post the recipe? I forgot all the benefits about ACV and agree that if it does a fraction of what they claim, then we'll be better off with it.

Didi-Dianna: Nice to meet you - I have read all the posts on this thread and saw you wrote this:

What kind of zero bread? I just ate wheat the other day after having beer, remember the beer, anyway now my scalp has a rash. I am blaming the wheat. I must be too sensitive now. Like a baby.

Ironically in my e-mail box this morning, a website is now posting 2 new breads made out of Almond Flour and Coconut Flour (no grains) 1 carb. I don't think we're allowed to post websites, but if you are interested, PM me and I'll give it to you. I might buy some for myself later on down the road when I just want to have a sandwich.

ML: Your pool is lovely . I missed it but what relative is moving from Cali to your house? How did you get spellcheck on your computer? I used to be a great speller but with age, not so much. I get tired of looking up on www. Must be Splenda burning up my brain cells

ML: Thanks for posting Kitty (Sarge's) challenge link for weigh-ins. With Kitty's thread, how often do you guys weigh in?

With all of your inspiring posts about Braggs, last night I took a sippy cup and made myself a drink with it w/a straw. I just pounded it down. I did not get hungry after supper which is a miracle.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 08-06-2012 at 06:40 AM..
Old 08-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #335
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: soontobesexy'ntx
Stats: 208/206/???
WOE: HCG/OWL plan
Start Date: which time??
good monday morning!!
had a very very busy weekend with the store and a Knife and gun show in town!!
ate just what was avalible and gained 3 lbs
back on the stick horse today!!
would like to get back t where I was fri and lose a little more
I was planning to make a trip to Dallas and shop for the store this week but
the passenger CV joint went out on the pickup and thats 600.00 for parts with DH doing the work I dont know what it would cost for a shop to do it.
OH well "'bout the time you see the light at the end of the tunnel, The tunnel caves in on you."
Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Well, gals, I have some good news:

I FIT INTO MY SIZE 22 JEANS THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

Before losing weight, I couldn't get them up over my thighs. Two weeks ago I could get them up over my hips, but couldn't come close to buttoning them. This morning they buttoned and zipped easily, I can breathe AND sit down in them. They are still snug in the thighs, so I prob won't wear them for awhile, but still.

Wow Susan!!!!!!!
That is fantastic!!!!!!
I remember sliding into 22s!!!!
It feels great to see your hard work pay off!!!
Keep up the good work!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobesexy'ntx View Post
good monday morning!!
had a very very busy weekend with the store and a Knife and gun show in town!!
ate just what was avalible and gained 3 lbs
back on the stick horse today!!
would like to get back t where I was fri and lose a little more
I was planning to make a trip to Dallas and shop for the store this week but
the passenger CV joint went out on the pickup and thats 600.00 for parts with DH doing the work I dont know what it would cost for a shop to do it.
OH well "'bout the time you see the light at the end of the tunnel, The tunnel caves in on you."
So sorry about the 3 pounds!
I know what you mean about the light at the end of the tunnel.
Many times I have had to pick up and start digging out again!
Hopefully it is just water weight and will come right off!!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #338
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: soontobesexy'ntx
Stats: 208/206/???
WOE: HCG/OWL plan
Start Date: which time??
Sonoma diet pickles
peel one cucumber
slice thin (I like mine thick
place in jar or ziplock bag
add 2 tsp itailan herbs
add red wine ving to cover
let marainade 2 hours chill, enjoy
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Ebeads I missed his show because I never watch it but the emoter at Whole Foods told me about it because they were out of it. I am going to research it as you did when I get home. I actually went to the gym this am, even made an appt with my trainer to get going again!!! Waiting in car for DH and using my phone to post so hope it goes through. I took the Braggs with warm water and did what ML said and used a straw . Got DH to use a straw too.

Soontobe sorry about the weight gain. DH is a gun enthusiast so would love that show. We go every year in Cali you will be ok after getting back on plan. Stick with it. The recipe sounds great and wrote it down for when I add veggies to the plan.

Susan way to go. You are on your way. It's such a good feeling.

I lost.8 lb so now a solid 4 lbs since I reduced protein and drinking lots of water. I have to be really careful not to slip so I don't gain it all back.

Hi Blue I tried the Paleo Bread and to say it's not my cup of tea is an understatement. You may like it though . Well now we can say we have cocktails together with the evening Braggs. Cheers. DH takes it 3 X a day. I am starting it 2x. DH says you need to drink it upon arising do I did. I thinking the CO my stomach has to get used to it

Hi Heather and ML and MG
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
Good morning my dears! Hope you all are starting out the week in good shape. I hopped out to the store to get a couple more items and fresh cucumber for my Braggs cucumber vinaigrette. Savalot had bacon for 1.99 a pound so I stocked up ... also their frozen 100% angus beef patties were 2.50 a pound . Their eggs are cheaper too. They are not a fancy store and do not have much beyond the basics but the money goes farther there. I am watching the papers for the next time some store has a sale on water pack tuna and I will stock up there, too.

Speaking of Braggs. I went to a website that had tons of info about health benefits of ACV. I hit print because I wanted to save it in hard copy .. LOL!! It was 45 printed pages long. So now I have a "book" on ACV. I am tellin you girls, if it does 1/4 th of what they claim I am never gonna be without it. I wish I had seen the dr oz show about it, too.
Cool you got yourself that book ebeads. Bet it used some ink. The ACV is some good stuff. I wish I had listened to my friend a long time ago about it helping with blood sugar.

I was wanting to ask you about your tuna fish. When you drain the water off do you add back a good oil? I add EVOO. Was wondering what you do.....
Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
Good Morning Ladies!

EBeads: I love cucumbers even more than pickles. Cucumbers are a great diuretic to get help rid of water weight for me. That cucumber vinaigrette sounds delish. Could you post the recipe? I forgot all the benefits about ACV and agree that if it does a fraction of what they claim, then we'll be better off with it.

Didi-Dianna: Nice to meet you - I have read all the posts on this thread and saw you wrote this:

What kind of zero bread? I just ate wheat the other day after having beer, remember the beer, anyway now my scalp has a rash. I am blaming the wheat. I must be too sensitive now. Like a baby.

Ironically in my e-mail box this morning, a website is now posting 2 new breads made out of Almond Flour and Coconut Flour (no grains) 1 carb. I don't think we're allowed to post websites, but if you are interested, PM me and I'll give it to you. I might buy some for myself later on down the road when I just want to have a sandwich.

ML: Your pool is lovely . I missed it but what relative is moving from Cali to your house? How did you get spellcheck on your computer? I used to be a great speller but with age, not so much. I get tired of looking up on www. Must be Splenda burning up my brain cells

ML: Thanks for posting Kitty (Sarge's) challenge link for weigh-ins. With Kitty's thread, how often do you guys weigh in?

With all of your inspiring posts about Braggs, last night I took a sippy cup and made myself a drink with it w/a straw. I just pounded it down. I did not get hungry after supper which is a miracle.
Good for you on the ACV! Keep you from getting hungry. It has untapped resources!

On the spell check. I don't really have a positive answer. But I had asked Cheri to check into it for me. One day I didn't have it and then it was suddenly there. Send her a PM and ask her about it.

Weigh in is every Friday. I don't remember how many weeks has passed since she posted to new challenge. She should be back soon, but don't know when. When she does get back she will pop in here.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
Mind if I join?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

No that pool and the fine house belongs to Davids nephew. HE is in the Coast Guard and they moved from Cali. to here. The house we have for sale is in Tennessee...

I have read the Splenda does worse things than burn up a few brain cells. I was using a lot of the splenda in the raw. Coconut oil is a small chain fatty acid and it feeds our brains. So eat up.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddinminime View Post
Mind if I join?

Come right on in Mini. It is great to met you!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Ebeads I missed his show because I never watch it but the emoter at Whole Foods told me about it because they were out of it. I am going to research it as you did when I get home. I actually went to the gym this am, even made an appt with my trainer to get going again!!! Waiting in car for DH and using my phone to post so hope it goes through. I took the Braggs with warm water and did what ML said and used a straw . Got DH to use a straw too.

Soontobe sorry about the weight gain. DH is a gun enthusiast so would love that show. We go every year in Cali you will be ok after getting back on plan. Stick with it. The recipe sounds great and wrote it down for when I add veggies to the plan.

Susan way to go. You are on your way. It's such a good feeling.

I lost.8 lb so now a solid 4 lbs since I reduced protein and drinking lots of water. I have to be really careful not to slip so I don't gain it all back.

Hi Blue I tried the Paleo Bread and to say it's not my cup of tea is an understatement. You may like it though . Well now we can say we have cocktails together with the evening Braggs. Cheers. DH takes it 3 X a day. I am starting it 2x. DH says you need to drink it upon arising do I did. I thinking the CO my stomach has to get used to it

Hi Heather and ML and MG
4 pounds!!!!:jum pjoy:
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Well, gals, I have some good news:

I FIT INTO MY SIZE 22 JEANS THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

Before losing weight, I couldn't get them up over my thighs. Two weeks ago I could get them up over my hips, but couldn't come close to buttoning them. This morning they buttoned and zipped easily, I can breathe AND sit down in them. They are still snug in the thighs, so I prob won't wear them for awhile, but still.
Susan this slipped by me. Congrads on getting into them jeans. Does feel great don't it!

:jump joy:
Old 08-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
So sorry about the 3 pounds!
I know what you mean about the light at the end of the tunnel.
Many times I have had to pick up and start digging out again!
Hopefully it is just water weight and will come right off!!
Heather How is your mama doing??
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Judds and I'm glad you joined!

ML: This is my other partner in crime - lololol I was referring to.

Judds, take a bow ! There is someone on here that does Juddd too. Intro yourself when you get a chance.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 08-06-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Sexy you can get it back off!

I ate 6 or 7 Asparagus spears last night and up a pound myself. Got the bunch at Whole Food.

I roasted them in the oven with butter. Some say it is normal to gain a little water weight when you first get on that ladder. Hoping they are right.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Judds, take a bow ! There is someone on here that does Juddd too. Intro yourself when you get a chance.
Okdokie.

Judd we all are so happy to see you here!!!

Shanan is doing JUDDD. She is on line I saw her light a few minutes ago. She is out running around in the lobby maybe
Old 08-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm at work so I have to careful here in posting...
If I miss anyone, please excuse me, I'll catch up in the evenings.

LindaB: Great on the lbs lost! I'll try the bread as long as it is no grain like they say because I'm doing Atkins - no grain this time around. No low carb pasta and tortillas until my lofty experiment gives me conclusions. At least for a while to see if wheat is the culprit. I'll try everything once and twice if I like it

ML: I'll do more CO to build up my spelling brains again I always lose more weight when I load up on asparagus and spinach. Eat'em all up!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Ty for the welcome
I look forward to getting to know each of you here.

Oh?! There is a JUDDDer here

I have some catching up to do w/reading.
But first I must get to moving so I can get my workout done for the day.

Btw this is not me in the avi Its just a pic.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

With no number in my mind I feel skinny.
I have told myself to feel good.
A mirror nor a picture paints a picture of me. I feel skinny and this is what is important to me. Not a number on a weighting scale. I am not live stock.
I dont walk or swim, or ride a bike. I don't life weights. I have some at my feet that are not being used.

But I do stretch. I just stretched my legs and feet. I can still feel the effects of the stretch on the bottom of both feet. A tingling feeling.
I stretch before I get out of bed too. And when I go to bed, I stretch.

I was just wondering about stretching. Do you stretch? Do you hold and release? Do you feel the burn? And the tingling? Do you feel it too?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Heather How is your mama doing??
Hi ML!

She is doing ok.....seems in good sprits and happy.
I took her to the foot doctor today and boy was she confused!
She kept talking about her own Mom and Dad who have been gone for 20 years. "Where are they today and what are they doing". She just wanted to make sure they were ok and being taken care of.
I guess she is doing pretty good for 92.

ML...
Happy Anniversary!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!.........How kind of you to make a cake for your husband....that would have been very difficult for me to do.

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Quote:
Ty for the welcome

Welcome Mini. I am the other Judder. Great to have you here!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Heather, so glad Mom is well. Every day is precious! My Mom was like that too in her eighties. I would just tell her everything is fine and that comforted her.

ML wish I could stick my finger in that yummy icing!! You should feel skinny. Sometimes I think you forget how much weight you have lost. Sounds like you are eating healthy Whole Foods veggies and meat. Good for you. Wonder why you went up a lb from the asparagus? Maybe water weight? Our weight varies from dad to day. That's why DH encourages me to weigh weekly At any rate you are climbing the ladder. If you can look in a mirror and love yourself then that's all that counts. So happy for you.

A warm Welcome to you JUDD and Blue's partner in crime. You will love it here.

Ebeads, I went to the Braggs website but couldn't find what you were talking about, only a 2 page version. Can you please direct me to the correct site. Thanks so much.

Blue I know what you mean about the grain and other white foods. Off limits for me too right now.

Well off to clean the frig. I do a little each week so it doesn't take me long. We have one outside too so I have to keep up. DH is finally working on a remodel of the last room in the house. So excited to get added storage. He is building a huge shed outside too so we can finally clean up the Sanford and Son garage.

Linda

Last edited by Lindaboca; 08-06-2012 at 11:59 AM..
Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm at work so I have to careful here in posting...
If I miss anyone, please excuse me, I'll catch up in the evenings.

LindaB: Great on the lbs lost! I'll try the bread as long as it is no grain like they say because I'm doing Atkins - no grain this time around. No low carb pasta and tortillas until my lofty experiment gives me conclusions. At least for a while to see if wheat is the culprit. I'll try everything once and twice if I like it

ML: I'll do more CO to build up my spelling brains again I always lose more weight when I load up on asparagus and spinach. Eat'em all up!

That was first time I ever roasted Asparagus with butter. Wonderful taste!

Last edited by marylouise; 08-06-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ty for the welcome

Do you go by Judd or Mini?

Yep sure got a few pages to read. This thread is not very old. It got born a week or so ago.
LCF has sure got some great friends working together to find the answer to kicking fluff to the curb and keeping it there. Without all of you fine great people I would have failed months ago. Together we are STRONG

Old 08-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yea maryl I feel the burn when I stretch out after a workout.
Glad to hear your feeling skinny!

Hiya sweetlady!
Quick catch up with me on JUDDD I started the first of the yr at 207lbs now aprox 180 thats 27lbs gone
Before that I was 217 and started induction again till 207lbs.
Induction my body stopped losing weight.JUDDD

LindabocaPartner in crime, YES!
Ty for the welcome
Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Whichever~
I should change siggy to judds cause that is what Topaz and MG call me.
Closed Thread