Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 439
Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi Blue Topaz, nice to meet you. Hope you will join us for the ride.

SL, it takes time to tweak your plan to your specific needs. It sound like to me that you are right on. Keep going.

Susan, an inspiration to us all. Way to go!!!

ML I bought the salmon in a can. It made me sick too. Can't eat that but the fresh fillets, fried yes yes yes

ebeads yea for an up day. Actually after the last slip I did lose some more.

Well I think I caught up

Hi Marge

Kitty have a fun ,relaxing on plan trip. Check in.

Linda
Lindaboca is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member
 
ebeads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Posts: 616
Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
So nice to read everyone's words! *waving hi* to all and hope your Saturday is going well. I just mixed my Braggs in water with stevia and you know what ? I liked it LOL But then I am not surprised, I like vinegary things ... I could eat pickles non stop if they did not have carbs. Hope it helps with indigestion and aches and pains as others have said.
ebeads is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #273
Guest
 
Passion68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Excuselessville
Posts: 1,958
Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Thank you, Linda!!

SL, at first I reduced calories to around 1500. I'm now down to an average of 1200. Disclaimer: When I talked/lamented to my doc about how low I think that is, all she said was "now you have a baseline". Meaning, she did not take issue with it. Your doctors may feel otherwise, gals.

I am now 1/5 of the way to my goal.
Passion68 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 439
Gallery: Lindaboca
ebeads, OK you convinced me. How many times a day do you take the Braggs and how much? What is the ratio of vinegar to water?

DH will be so happy,he loves the stuff!!

If it really helps aches and pains, I'm in.

What about weight loss? Does it help that too?

Welcome Blue Topaz to our family. Tell us about your plan and how you are doing. You will love it here.

Linda
Lindaboca is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #275
Guest
 
Passion68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Excuselessville
Posts: 1,958
Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Well, gals, I have some good news:

I FIT INTO MY SIZE 22 JEANS THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

Before losing weight, I couldn't get them up over my thighs. Two weeks ago I could get them up over my hips, but couldn't come close to buttoning them. This morning they buttoned and zipped easily, I can breathe AND sit down in them. They are still snug in the thighs, so I prob won't wear them for awhile, but still.
Passion68 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,536
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Thank you for the welcome, Linda.

Hope you guys don't mind. I'm pretty chatty on threads.

I'm 52 yrs old with a lovely married daughter and grandbabes in the future (kinda in the making) I've done Atkins for about 10 yrs in total with some breaks in between. Most recently I've done calorie shifting, Judd for a very short time and Richard Simmons Deal a Meal - to no avail or success. So, I'm back to Atkins but doing OWL without wheat this time and watching my calories. Good ole mentalpause set in at the same time I quit smoking --this November will be 3 yrs. Woo-Hoo! That's when the weight loss came to an excrutiating halt.

With switching to carbs and just counting, I gained slowly over 5 months 5 lbs so after doing Atkins OWL for 20 days, I lost 6 of them. My goal is 140 lbs, I"m 5'7" and most of my weight settles in my hips, butt, thighs.

My exercise is 2x a the gym, swimming laps and daily walks w/my ambitious Boxer doggie.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. But....

WHERE IS MARYLOUSE?
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member
 
ebeads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Posts: 616
Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Hi BlueTopaz! Lovely to meet you. We love chatty! Wishing you well on your WOE. It is so disappointing that after menopause weight loss becomes twice as hard.

Marylouise may be away because her PC is not all that dependable. We all love and depend on her so much and miss her when she is not here all the time! Hang in there, she will return!

Linda ... I did not write down all the stuff about Braggs ... ML knows it all so ask her when she returns. But from what I remember it helps with arthritis, gout, indigestion, leg cramps. One teaspoon in a glass of water once or twice a day. Add stevia if you wish. I have also read of some people adding it to flavored herbal teas if they can't drink the AVwater because of flavor.
ebeads is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,536
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Thank you Ebeads.

Well, only hours after posting about menopause on this thread and because I missed 3 consecutive TOM's, would you believe TOM arrived? I guess it's still per-meno. But it's the same difference in that my hormones are unbalanced. Starting today, I must take a low doseage BC pill. They have found a fibroid nodule and a small ovarian cyst a few months ago. The BC pill is supposed to help shrink it and regulate me better. If I gain weight from it, I'm stopping.

I have the Braggs and was taking it for acid reflux years ago and it helped quite a bit and then it went away. I hope I don't jinx myself now It's supposed to stabilize blood sugar, prevents fat build up and lower cholesteral as well. There's a laundry list of benefits. I should start that again myself.

As far as arthritis, Braggs has beneficial minerals such as copper that helps some people with arthritis. It also reduces inflammation which is a biggy with arthritis patients. Here's a list from a website I found on it:

Essential nutrients of ACV include:

■potassium
■sulphur
■iron
■phosphorus
■copper
■natural sodium
■fluorine
■silicon
■calcium
■magnesium and other powerful trace minerals, enzymes and amino acids


Passion: WTG on fitting into those jeans! It's such a good feeling!

Linda B: There may be something they add to canned seafood that your body doesn't agree with. How are you with other canned goods?
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
So nice to read everyone's words! *waving hi* to all and hope your Saturday is going well. I just mixed my Braggs in water with stevia and you know what ? I liked it LOL But then I am not surprised, I like vinegary things ... I could eat pickles non stop if they did not have carbs. Hope it helps with indigestion and aches and pains as others have said.
Sweetie open up the jar............................................... ........Get the right ones and you will eat all day and night.......I think....

I have always ate pickles. I eat the sourest kosher I can find....I can be craving sweet to the point that my skin feels like it is being scraped off. Most times I give in and find that fix I just must have. But I am not the one wanting it. Its just like any other drug. Sugar is a drug. We used it to bribe people to get them to belong exclusively to it's club.

Has anyone been so hooked on chocolate than they would get dressed late at night and go get what their Grey Matter was saying, get dressed go get it, NOW! So I went and got it......It controlled me. I did not control it. So who won.


Several years ago I drank. Several years ago I drank everyday. many, many years ago. I stopped, just like that, years ago. Then I started drinking again. The man that donated his DNA and I was created, taught me how to drink. I could drink. HE got old and had cancer and needed me.............I moved him in and I started drinking right along with him. Long story short, a few months later I told him to get what he could carry in his car and leave. Must say a word here. You dont have to read it...but He could not believe I was telling him to leave. He never helped me enough times to even remember. But I moved him in. He was taking chemo when I told him to leave. It was going to be me or him and I chose me....He had started drinking so bad he was falling down because he was getting so drunk and stoned of pain pills he couldn't live with us a day longer. My sweet sis was too scared to speak her mind. Well it never stopped him from speaking his. And it did not stop me from doing the same...

I have a drink whenever I want one. I may want a 6 pack one a month. I don't drink them all unless I go outside around a fire and everyone is playing music and some singing. Well I have drank a few more than 6 if it is really nice climate and nice outside and everyone is in a good mood.

So this is how I think and feel about wanting a pickle so bad they are hard to put down.

Nothing is impossible, because pushing stop is possible.


1973 I lost a lot of weight. I ate all the dill pickles I wanted. I weighed less the day my second son was born, than I did before I got pregnant....I did this one WW but I did it.

Next time it was the lc way.
I am completely wore out with all of these next time. Next time is almost empty. I could go and eat a cake that I made because I had made dh one. He doesn't have me chained to my chair.

I have the power to say no to sweets. I been doing it now for 16 months. It is the over abundance of all of this meat and eggs and yes even the cheese, that has been getting me down in spirit. This weight loss has several phases. I am in phase two.......

When I was drinking heavy, my brain was hooked on the sugar in the stuff. Not just the alcohol. And it is not the sweet I love about chocolate. It is the chocolate. And the darker the better.......So must find the correct way to get it into my body. They have proved we need it. That feel good hormone loves the stuff. Who doesn't want to feel good. I do, thats one, and I think so do yall. With whatever taste it is for you personally. No size fits all.....


Pickles may be very additive.
But I have strong doubt you could get too many. I am sorry. I just can't let my words go away. I need to hear them for my own well being...

But you may be able to eat too many, but I personally dont think you can eat too many. You may need that pickle for a while during your weight loss....I may need mine forever.....
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #280
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
Thank you for the welcome, Linda.

Hope you guys don't mind. I'm pretty chatty on threads.

I'm 52 yrs old with a lovely married daughter and grandbabes in the future (kinda in the making) I've done Atkins for about 10 yrs in total with some breaks in between. Most recently I've done calorie shifting, Judd for a very short time and Richard Simmons Deal a Meal - to no avail or success. So, I'm back to Atkins but doing OWL without wheat this time and watching my calories. Good ole mentalpause set in at the same time I quit smoking --this November will be 3 yrs. Woo-Hoo! That's when the weight loss came to an excrutiating halt.

With switching to carbs and just counting, I gained slowly over 5 months 5 lbs so after doing Atkins OWL for 20 days, I lost 6 of them. My goal is 140 lbs, I"m 5'7" and most of my weight settles in my hips, butt, thighs.

My exercise is 2x a the gym, swimming laps and daily walks w/my ambitious Boxer doggie.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. But....

WHERE IS MARYLOUSE?
BlueTopaz I am here.....
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
Thank you for the welcome, Linda.

Hope you guys don't mind. I'm pretty chatty on threads.

I'm 52 yrs old with a lovely married daughter and grandbabes in the future (kinda in the making) I've done Atkins for about 10 yrs in total with some breaks in between. Most recently I've done calorie shifting, Judd for a very short time and Richard Simmons Deal a Meal - to no avail or success. So, I'm back to Atkins but doing OWL without wheat this time and watching my calories. Good ole mentalpause set in at the same time I quit smoking --this November will be 3 yrs. Woo-Hoo! That's when the weight loss came to an excrutiating halt.

With switching to carbs and just counting, I gained slowly over 5 months 5 lbs so after doing Atkins OWL for 20 days, I lost 6 of them. My goal is 140 lbs, I"m 5'7" and most of my weight settles in my hips, butt, thighs.

My exercise is 2x a the gym, swimming laps and daily walks w/my ambitious Boxer doggie.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. But....

WHERE IS MARYLOUSE?
Did you just happen to burn your leg very bad on your bosses motorcycle????

You have a boxer..I bet your daughter does too and you was baby sitting the newest doggie baby for your daughter....I think we know each other. Right??
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,536
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Did you just happen to burn your leg very bad on your bosses motorcycle????

You have a boxer..I bet your daughter does too and you was baby sitting the newest doggie baby for your daughter....I think we know each other. Right??
Yes, last year in August I had a bad motorcycle burn which got staph infection and cellulitis set in. It's just a scar now. I have a boxer and my daughter does too and I still doggie sit
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,536
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Speaking of pickles...I've been craving them lately too. No, not preggers I found Mt Olive no sugar added (Splenda) Bread & Butter chips. 1 carb for 6 chips. Zero calories! Vinegar is a good appetite suppressant. That's probably why Apple Cider Vinegar works for many.
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
Yes, last year in August I had a bad motorcycle burn which got staph infection and cellulitis set in. It's just a scar now. I have a boxer and my daughter does too and I still doggie sit
I love your picture. You look happy. How is boss doing? He still pizza pizza house? You still go there and just eat the top? Are you still driving 200- 300 miles to work? How have you been doing?

This is ??? isn't it?

Yall this is the wonderful woman that found me on different forum and brought me here on her wings.:h ugs:


Gosh it is so so great to see you here!!!!!:jump joy:

Last edited by marylouise; 08-04-2012 at 10:56 PM..
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
PLease dont eat those pickles.....

Wrong kind...
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,536
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
I love your picture. You look happy. How is boss doing? He still pizza pizza house? You still go there and just eat the top? Are you still driving 200- 300 miles to work? How have you been doing?

This is ??? isn't it?

Yall this is the wonderful woman that found me on different forum and brought me here on her wings.:h ugs:


Gosh it is so so great to see you here!!!!!:jump joy:
That isn't me in the picture - I wish! That's for inspiration. Her bone structure is somewhat like mine only she's fit.

Yeah, boss owns the Pizza restaurant but his daughter runs it. I cook many lunches which are low carb I'm avoiding going out to eat. I can't avoid it all the time but I've cut back quite a bit.

He drives us 1x a week at the further office. It's about 260 miles from my house round trip. The rest of the days I work out of our closer office which is 60 miles round trip a day from my house.

I sent you a PM earlier today, did you get it?
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
yes I just read it........

I have to do something..I hope you can hang for a bit.I will be back asap....
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Okay I will see you tomorrow....
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member
 
ebeads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Posts: 616
Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Good morning my dears!

ML I absolutely believe all you said about alcohol, alcoholism, sugar, chocolate etc. Doctors do not have the right answers in so many ways, they are figuring it out a little, but they are way behind those of us who LIVE it. The mind/body has the mechanism for addiction . Some of us inherit more of a tendency toward it ( doctors do say now that alcoholism can be inherited .... food addictions are no different ). My father was a severe alcoholic. I totally believe that if I had been born male, I would probably have become an alcoholic instead of overweight. My mother was a big woman and in retrospect obviously "drowned her sorrows" in food and a pantry that was always brimming with homemade baked goodies. I once read that the body converts sugar and starches to alcohol in the digestive system ... so in a way those of us who have consumed massive quantities of carbs were actually having the alcohol anyway. I, for one have felt tranquilized and a little buzzed after eating too much. I bet y'all have too. Now, decades later and after he has been long gone, I have much forgiveness for my father. I inherited his "busy" brain. My mind is always spinning on something , over thinking, worrying and my anxieties contribute to my not sleeping well. I totally "get" how my father just wanted to numb and quiet his anxious mind. I have pretty much always stayed away from drinking anything alcoholic as a conscious decision because witnessing his behavior in my young life, I just did not want to follow my father's path. I just frankly never liked drinking either. But eating??? OMG I can get really excited about the thought of pretty much any food category! LOL I guess I will have those cravings till the day I die . The phrase that AA groups use comes to mind : dry drunk. I am " dry" from sugar and starches but whew , I could "go there" with one massive failure in a split second.

Anyhow ... what is in your plans for your Sunday?
ebeads is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
ebeads yes I agree. And the ones that dont get it, never will. Like the words, if you wanted to lose weight you would. That really gets me going.
I never heard about what you said about the body converting. But I see where it can be true.

Mine being a alkie didnt make me want that drink. My mamaw was his mama. She had 6 sisters and only 2 we not drunks. And I mean real honest to goodness drunks. I could not stand for them to be near me when I was young. It was like I can smell and feel it coming out of their body. Kind of a sticky feels.

I drank because it tasted good. I love alcohol. Always have and always will. That for sure my so called daddy gave to me. But I am strong the way he was. I could always stop drinking if that was what I wanted to do.

Its like losing weight. Yea I finally decided I had to do it or die. Food does taste good. But I really dont think it is the food that keeps us fat. I think it is the memories food stirs that make us fat. When too much trama happens to a child that child turns to something. Most turn inward. I turned to the memories that made me feel young and good inside. Making a homemade German chocolate cake does it every time. Lemon ice box pie makes me cry. Mamas fave pie.

I wonder why I can not feel the way I felt last March. I can not remember the way over a hundred pounds had to have made me feel......


I got to go to bed....

Today was our A-Day...Well yesterday was our A-day. 43 wonderful years I hope will turn into 43 more wonderful years.

Dh got me 3 pairs of ear rings for my newly pierced ears. I had them pierced about 6 weeks ago. Kind of old to do it, but it is helping me feel better about myself. I told David I wanted diamonds. Heck these glass shinny things in my ear makes me feel good. Who needs diamond. Not this old gal. One is green like my eyes and the other a small cross. I have been working on getting the glass shinny ones in. Hard work! The studs are a lot smaller. I am thinking it could be a mistake to wear skinny studs until they are real healed. I know nothing about this subject. But me love my shinny ears......

Be safe, dream thin dreams.
See yall in the day light and I will be going back to see what yall have been talking about in the morning....nite nite.......


Sunday...resting up from a full day of shopping yesterday. Plus that trip to Memphis........That will wear anyone out......
I got a few things from Whole Food to tell yall about!
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member
 
ebeads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Posts: 616
Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
ML Happy Anniversary to you and to your DH. I hope your ears heal well and quickly. Unfortunately in my line of business I see ladies who have ear lobe problems. The way I have heard it is. Until the holes have totally healed it is better to use tiny hoops sometimes called "sleepers" rather than posts. You should swab hole front and back several times a day with peroxide and move the little hoops around to encourage the peroxide to go into the hole, too. Moving the hoops several times a day will encourage the holes to heal a little larger so you do not have big troubles getting earrings in and out later on. If you wear posts too early, the holes can harbor bacteria and not heal well. Some people are just better healers than others. Some people have no troubles. But I know you have said you have blood sugar issues and people who are diabetic do not heal as well, so be sure to keep peroxide or antibiotic cream on them a LOT. I know people who even after the ears have healed, put a tiny bit of bacitracin on their ear posts before putting in. Also, until things have all healed, use real gold or surgical steel. Things that have sterling or base metal can cause allergies which will postpone healing , too. You would think it is not a big deal, being such a tiny hole, right? But I have to tell you I have seen ladies with big ol infected earlobes and it isn't pretty. Also your system has challenges with your salivary gland, and if you think of it, that is not too far from the ear.. so if one has a little infection, it might affect the other. ML I am not a doctor , I am not an expert .. these are just my observations and I hope you have much enjoyment from your newly pierced ears and lovely earrings! woohooo !
ebeads is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,536
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Good Morning Y'All!

I slept like a baby and up at 7:20 a.m. only had 5 hrs. sleep.

ML: Happy Anniversary!!! You were just a young chickie when you got married. I've been married for 29 yrs this year. Time really does fly!

You don't think pickles sweetened by Splenda is a good thing? I love sweet gherkins and bread and butter chips and missed them for 10 yrs. But I limit them to 6 (1 serving) once in a while.

Dr. A was ok about asparatane (i.e. Tab, Fresca). I wonder what he would say about Splenda? Yeah, I know that Splenda and all artificial sugars can be weight loss stoppers but they don't make me crave sweets. I'm more of a salt annd fat person. I crave a little sweet once in a while but I get sick of it pretty fast. My addiction is salt. Olives have been calling me too. I bought some olive and feta cheese salad yesterday and have a small snack last night of that and completely satiated. That's fat and salt. Then I wonder why I store water? I cut back and don't add salt to my cooking but at the end of the day, my cravings for it goes haywire. So I buy things that have salt already in it.

Cool on getting your ears pierced. I agree w/eBeads - hydrogen peroxide: cheap and effective will minimize any infection. I don't know anyone that didn't get any degree of swelling and gunk though.

eBeads: I can relate to you with the mind always running. That's why I love posting on message boards. It gives me an outlet plus I'm an information junkie Interesting...what you said about carbs turning into alcohol. I do believe craving alcohol is really a craving for sugar. Both my parents did it regularly every night in the evening and both quit 1 day. They moderated it but it was habitual. There are different degrees of it.

Well, I have some reading catch up to do here on the thread. Later, taking an elderly friend out to lunch and some thrift shopping. Have a great day!

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 08-05-2012 at 06:27 AM..
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 439
Gallery: Lindaboca
ML, Happy Anniversary. The studs sound beautiful. Enjoy them always. So glad they make you feel good. Now you know why I got the contact lenses, same reason. I have pierced ears and what ebeads says is true. To this day I clean the holes with peroxide and the posts too. I wore the small hoops for at least 6 months. Also I only get real gold or surgical steel as ebeads said. Since I am diabetic I don't heal as fast either. The studs may cost a little more but I have had no problems to date and have had pierced ears for years. Well glad to see you out and about. I hope you had a good day in Elvis Land!!!

My BIL took drugs for years and finally someone listened to me that he had a problem. We had an intervention and he went to rehab. That's when he gained all his weight. He has been off drugs for years now but does drink occasionally so it doesn't count that he is sober. DH's uncle was an alcoholic and died after a fall and no one found him for days!!! DH drinks socially. He drinks more now that he joined the Elks Lodge as the bar is open every Friday night. I never drank, did drugs. Smoked in college, that's it. I just never liked the taste of liquor or beer or wine. Well if what ebeads says about our food turning to alcohol in our bodies then I have been one for 27 years. Until I turned 40 I never had a weight issue to speak of. No one was fat in my family except me.

Blue, I am more a chocoholic, sweets person and my other passion is crusty sour dough bread with piles of butter on it. The best out here is from San Francisco, Cali. I can eat canned tuna, not plain though. I don't usually buy other canned goods. I try to go as much fresh as possible. You have to be fast here, sometimes so much info that I have to go page by page and respond accordingly.

I hope you all have a great day

Linda
Lindaboca is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 439
Gallery: Lindaboca
Oh we have a new health foods market cropping up out here. Anyone have a Sprouts Market in their state. Not sure if it equals Whole Foods, but it's closer to my house. One big difference is that it does not have a fresh foods deli.

Kitty ,hope you are enjoying the beach

Linda
Lindaboca is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!
 
MaterialGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mostly Margaritaville
Posts: 1,264
Gallery: MaterialGirl
Stats: 190/183/140
WOE: CYT
Start Date: July 9, 2012
Hello I hope it's OK if I join in. I am a friend of the sweet lady Blue Topaz and Marylouise I remember you from another thread that BT and I used to be on. Anyway, I am not doing Atkins right now although I have in the past. I hope that's OK because I've read the last few pages and there is much here I can relate to in your discussions - alcohol, cravings, fathers ... !
MaterialGirl is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member
 
sweetlady2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 820
Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Hi all hope your weekend is going well. ML glad you had a great anniversary! I don't know about the alcohol theories but makes some sense to me. My mom drank, she had a stressful job and started having one after she got home or with dinner. I was older, maybe 14 or 15. She went from 1 beer to like a case a day then switched to whiskey with diet coke. I was living across the state and came to visit her maybe 5 years or 6 ago and was telling her about this great church I was going to. She went to church growing up but it was a strict church and she stopped going when she grew up. Well she was like why don't we go to a church Sunday and I said ok. She ended up at the alter and has never drunk again.

Last edited by sweetlady2k; 08-05-2012 at 11:17 AM..
sweetlady2k is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
ML Happy Anniversary to you and to your DH. I hope your ears heal well and quickly. Unfortunately in my line of business I see ladies who have ear lobe problems. The way I have heard it is. Until the holes have totally healed it is better to use tiny hoops sometimes called "sleepers" rather than posts. You should swab hole front and back several times a day with peroxide and move the little hoops around to encourage the peroxide to go into the hole, too. Moving the hoops several times a day will encourage the holes to heal a little larger so you do not have big troubles getting earrings in and out later on. If you wear posts too early, the holes can harbor bacteria and not heal well. Some people are just better healers than others. Some people have no troubles. But I know you have said you have blood sugar issues and people who are diabetic do not heal as well, so be sure to keep peroxide or antibiotic cream on them a LOT. I know people who even after the ears have healed, put a tiny bit of bacitracin on their ear posts before putting in. Also, until things have all healed, use real gold or surgical steel. Things that have sterling or base metal can cause allergies which will postpone healing , too. You would think it is not a big deal, being such a tiny hole, right? But I have to tell you I have seen ladies with big ol infected earlobes and it isn't pretty. Also your system has challenges with your salivary gland, and if you think of it, that is not too far from the ear.. so if one has a little infection, it might affect the other. ML I am not a doctor , I am not an expert .. these are just my observations and I hope you have much enjoyment from your newly pierced ears and lovely earrings! woohooo !
Gosh I didnt think about the surgical steel kind. The ones I got are silver. It was 3 in a box of different kinds. Cheap. $28.00. I am thinking I need to put the ones back in my ears that were put in with that gun when she did it? I hale tons faster now that my bs is in good tight control. Plus I am taking a hand full of vitamins.

How can you tell when ears are completely healed??
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
Good Morning Y'All!

I slept like a baby and up at 7:20 a.m. only had 5 hrs. sleep.

ML: Happy Anniversary!!! You were just a young chickie when you got married. I've been married for 29 yrs this year. Time really does fly!

You don't think pickles sweetened by Splenda is a good thing? I love sweet gherkins and bread and butter chips and missed them for 10 yrs. But I limit them to 6 (1 serving) once in a while.

Dr. A was ok about asparatane (i.e. Tab, Fresca). I wonder what he would say about Splenda? Yeah, I know that Splenda and all artificial sugars can be weight loss stoppers but they don't make me crave sweets. I'm more of a salt annd fat person. I crave a little sweet once in a while but I get sick of it pretty fast. My addiction is salt. Olives have been calling me too. I bought some olive and feta cheese salad yesterday and have a small snack last night of that and completely satiated. That's fat and salt. Then I wonder why I store water? I cut back and don't add salt to my cooking but at the end of the day, my cravings for it goes haywire. So I buy things that have salt already in it.

Cool on getting your ears pierced. I agree w/eBeads - hydrogen peroxide: cheap and effective will minimize any infection. I don't know anyone that didn't get any degree of swelling and gunk though.

eBeads: I can relate to you with the mind always running. That's why I love posting on message boards. It gives me an outlet plus I'm an information junkie Interesting...what you said about carbs turning into alcohol. I do believe craving alcohol is really a craving for sugar. Both my parents did it regularly every night in the evening and both quit 1 day. They moderated it but it was habitual. There are different degrees of it.

Well, I have some reading catch up to do here on the thread. Later, taking an elderly friend out to lunch and some thrift shopping. Have a great day!
BT
Glad you feel good after only 5 hours sleep. Not me. Use to run for days on zero now I have to get at least 8 and sometimes I can sleep 10 hours.

Green olives and feta! Love love it.

The pickles. I ate them at first. It stopped weight loss for me. I think the human brain sometimes can not tell the difference between real and fake. The splenda is a personal chose of sweet, but Goggle it. Splenda is not good mix of chemicals.

Yes I remember you liked the Fresca.
I think Dr. Atkins did not have the time to research everything and he just took the aspartame with a grain of salt. Just me guessing about that. It was an accident in a lab thing if memory is correct. I do know it turns into embouming fluid in our bodies. I read it on the www. I do remember it was the early 80s that it became popular. Kids were coming down with brain tumors from drinking it.

Shame on me because I do drink the diet rites. I am thinking about trying to stop but addiction is very powerful!

But about the pickles. I just try to find the sourest I can when craving sweet. It was a thing ppl did in the 70s on WWs. And it really does work....
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Tab and Fresca were sweeten with saccharine in the 60s and 70s. Weren't they?
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
ML, Happy Anniversary. The studs sound beautiful. Enjoy them always. So glad they make you feel good. Now you know why I got the contact lenses, same reason. I have pierced ears and what ebeads says is true. To this day I clean the holes with peroxide and the posts too. I wore the small hoops for at least 6 months. Also I only get real gold or surgical steel as ebeads said. Since I am diabetic I don't heal as fast either. The studs may cost a little more but I have had no problems to date and have had pierced ears for years. Well glad to see you out and about. I hope you had a good day in Elvis Land!!!

My BIL took drugs for years and finally someone listened to me that he had a problem. We had an intervention and he went to rehab. That's when he gained all his weight. He has been off drugs for years now but does drink occasionally so it doesn't count that he is sober. DH's uncle was an alcoholic and died after a fall and no one found him for days!!! DH drinks socially. He drinks more now that he joined the Elks Lodge as the bar is open every Friday night. I never drank, did drugs. Smoked in college, that's it. I just never liked the taste of liquor or beer or wine. Well if what ebeads says about our food turning to alcohol in our bodies then I have been one for 27 years. Until I turned 40 I never had a weight issue to speak of. No one was fat in my family except me.

Blue, I am more a chocoholic, sweets person and my other passion is crusty sour dough bread with piles of butter on it. The best out here is from San Francisco, Cali. I can eat canned tuna, not plain though. I don't usually buy other canned goods. I try to go as much fresh as possible. You have to be fast here, sometimes so much info that I have to go page by page and respond accordingly.

I hope you all have a great day

Linda
Well I messed up getting the new ear rings. I just didnt think about needing to stay with the SS.
Reading this is making my ears feel hot.

Elvis Land. It is a good thing he bought further out Memphis. Some do love the man more dead than alive. My strongest memory of him is his shutting down bowling allies and riding his bike around Memphis..Terrible the way he died...

Pages do fly here

Okay I am fixing to take them out of my ears and put the ones back in that they put in with that gun thing...Thank yall all for telling me about this...The last time I worked I was cutting hair at a truck stop. The Flying-J. We starting piercing ears before I quit there. Done a lot but never thought about any of this.

marylouise is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.