Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobesexy'ntx View Post
recipe!!
fall off the bone ribs
1 "rack" beef or pork ribs
Italian dressing (I like WM's spicy italian)
Kraft Mesqute smoked BBQ sauce

maranade ribs in italian dressing overnight
par-boil ribs in water + maranade til done (pink or gray)
start charcole grill and cook coals down to ask (you just want to smoke the ribs) or tun oven on really low 180-200 degrees
place ribs on foil, sauce, wrap and place in BBQ or oven for 2 hours
this was a pre atkins recipe I now use any type of atkins aproved sauce
mustard and SF syrup is good or a Walden Farms BBq (no sugar or carbs) is good

Yummmmm!!
soonie~ That sauce is strange but good. I found it at a Kroger store this month. The Walden BBQ has a little too much vinegar in it but cooking the sauce helps. It is zero of everything. make me wonder just what is in the sauce?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
We need to get back to he crunches and weights.
YES and we will
Old 04-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: soontobesexy'ntx
Stats: 212.6/208.6/150
WOE: Negitive calorie diet
Start Date: 11/9/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
soonie~ That sauce is strange but good. I found it at a Kroger store this month. The Walden BBQ has a little too much vinegar in it but cooking the sauce helps. It is zero of everything. make me wonder just what is in the sauce?
it is thin because it doesn't have any carbs/corn starch in it
they make quite a few products my fav is the Bacon Ranch dressing or the Ginger dressing (I like this one as a stir fry sauce) the Jelly/preserves are good (tho since we can't have biscuts maybe use the orange marmalade to make oriental duck sauce??
I used it quite a bit on hHCG where you are counting every calorie but not so much on Atkins because we can have real mayo ect...
Old 04-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
well down 2 pounds and happy to be at where I left off at the other challenge.

Soonie can i come over for dinner. Those ribs sound gooood
Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #95

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
If this is true then the increase of such things as cream cheese is FOR SURE going to slow weight lose. Right?
He added things like cream cheese to keep ppl doing the diet, without growing tired of the diet? But, in doing that you will lose much slower. Right?

HIM being bully is my, to the POINT CLAIM that the 72 is the best plan to follow!

I wrote that sentence in the wrong place!
I have it in your post.. :-(

Oh Metqa I am confused

I don't know if I should cut back on fat or keep adding it.
As I see your reasoning there!

from Hyperlipid: Getting fat
Quote:
Peter

PS does eating half a kilo of lard per day make you put on weight? Possibly, as there is a basal rate of lipoprotein lipase activity irrespective of insulin levels. More importantly, have you ever tried to actually eat 500g of lard in a day? Palatability apart, if you did actually succeed, you would feel dreadful and I doubt you would be tempted to repeat the experience. The vast majority of people on mildly ketogenic high fat diets seem to stabilise their food intake somewhere between 1500 and 2500kcal/day. That is appropriate for weight loss or weight stability, depending on your baseline weight and activity level.
As far as adding fat, this is what I think based on this article about insulin and fat storage and stuff. So while eating primarily fat , it will allow your body the option to release and burn fat, if you have more fat than your body can deal with some of it can and will be stored regardless of insulin. Not as fast or as much as with insulin but it's possible.

So if you are eating only 20g of carb and not a lot of extra protein than normal and the rest of your menu is fat, and you don't go much higher than your regular calorie level, you are probably fine with fats.

Since some people are carb sensitive, they would lower carbs and increase fat for better results.

Quote:
Yes it does keep us satisfied. It also keeps us full I have seen the precooked bacon. so it is really a good alternative?? Is it crispy??

Did you have a good first day back to work?
precooked is not really crispy but it's good. you can nuke it a bit to get it crispy. We like to use it on grilled burgers. When the meat is almost done, put a couple slices precooked bacon on the burger and then the cheese to melt it together in the heat. Yum
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 04-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Hi all!

Well I found it Marylouies!
Thanks for the invite!

Wow, you guys really have a lot of good things to say!
It is going to take me a few days of reading to catch up!

I don't know anything about Atkins 72.
How is it different from later books?
What do you feel the advantages are?

Thanks!
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
well down 2 pounds and happy to be at where I left off at the other challenge.

Soonie can i come over for dinner. Those ribs sound gooood
making brisket this weekend!!
com'on down!!
(you'll have to help build on the house the brisket is for the house crew)
Old 04-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: floridaRN
Quote:
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~
Michelle, I hate you are giving up. You said we are not losing. Well, that is not true. Lindab has lost 16 pounds. Lindadov is a few pounds from her goal. I have lost 50 pounds now. I will lose probaly 5 or more this week! This morning I showed to have lost another 2 pounds in the past 2 days.

I posted that the RED MEAT is my wonderful helper to get my body into the fat burning machine mode. I have seen a few people eating things they make by combining other ingred. I don't agree to that being a good way to lose weight fast. That is why yall have seen me say what is a Revolution Roll? I don't make a dish by combining foods. Not yet anyway

I stick to meat~eggs~cheese. It has taken me about 2 weeks to get back on track, since being on the diet nany. I still am a strong believer that the nany is really a thorn in every one's side. Dr. Robert Atkins did not write the new book!!!!! It is the veggies that slow weight lose to a crawl. Had I continued that WOE it would have taken me 8 years to reach my goal! I don't have 8 years to wait around till I reach my goal! I did the math on Fat Secrets. It gave me the 8 years hypnosis.

I want to ask you to give it a little more time. Stop combining food to get a taster meal. But I know it is your own personal choice.

Michelle~Dr. Roberts Atkins 68/72 does work. If you have a moment I would like to see a list of food you have been eating. But if your mind is made up, at least keep checking back to see how I am doing. You and I are the one's that have the most to lose. I started at over 240 pounds! Today I have a grand total fat reduction of 50 pounds!!! Shellbaby is in the boat with us. I have got to tex or call her!!! I am in NO way making light of just having 20 or 30 pounds to lose~~~Them 20 or 30 pounds are just as hard to get rid of. Golly they are the hardest to throw out the back door!

240-plus~~~now 190!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a lot of weight. 50 pounds is huge weigh loss!
One of my brothers was admitted to a hospital yesterday because he could not breathe. Yall my brother, Danny, weighs close to 500 POUNDS!! He lives a couple hundred miles from me. Our baby sister and him live close to each other. She is the one that is with him right now. They had to transfer him to a hospital in Nashville Tennessee! They also had to have a van type ambulance to transport him. But it was not large enough!!! They had to have a special, special truck to carry him to Nashville!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is not doing good.

I did it eating Atkins 68/72!!!! I am starting to like myself again.
In 2002 I lost 112 POUNDS eating 68/72!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

This is another post I wrote that shows how fast I have lost weight.
Hi MissML, I usually dont post, but I wanted to encourage those who are not losing, I have gone from 247 on april 9th to 239 today, I do a clean induction, I make sure that I have a large dinner to keep me satisfied, but I limit myself to eggs, nitrate free bacon ( zero sugar/0 carbs), gouda cheese, chicken and steaks/ pork chops, and snack on pork rinds, no jello, my special treat is 2 cups of coffee, with a total 4 tbsp hwc and 4 splenda, thats it, of course, butter and olive oil for cooking, i also get boars head turkey No S/C. and drink 12 glasses of water, I have thyroid problems, so before Atkins no matter what i was doing i would not loose a pound, last year i went to the Gym 6 days a week, did the treadmill x 1 hr nothing, got a personal trainer, nothing, my scale would not move. So give it a try for 4 days really clean induction and YOU WILL SEE RESULTS. We have Marylouise as an example. By the way ML i too have salivary problems.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Hi all!

Well I found it Marylouies!
Thanks for the invite!

Wow, you guys really have a lot of good things to say!
It is going to take me a few days of reading to catch up!

I don't know anything about Atkins 72.
How is it different from later books?
What do you feel the advantages are?

Thanks!
Hope you all have a great day!
Annabel

So happy to see you here!

Yea we do chick chat

I was kind of like ,,,gosh we done so much chick chating they had to make us another thread!

So find the list and add your name to it and start losing!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

The advantages are LESS carbs and faster weight loss!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
As I see your reasoning there!

from Hyperlipid: Getting fat

As far as adding fat, this is what I think based on this article about insulin and fat storage and stuff. So while eating primarily fat , it will allow your body the option to release and burn fat, if you have more fat than your body can deal with some of it can and will be stored regardless of insulin. Not as fast or as much as with insulin but it's possible.

So if you are eating only 20g of carb and not a lot of extra protein than normal and the rest of your menu is fat, and you don't go much higher than your regular calorie level, you are probably fine with fats.

Since some people are carb sensitive, they would lower carbs and increase fat for better results.

precooked is not really crispy but it's good. you can nuke it a bit to get it crispy. We like to use it on grilled burgers. When the meat is almost done, put a couple slices precooked bacon on the burger and then the cheese to melt it together in the heat. Yum
Metqa I have started to notice my self shaking, again. When this happens I have consumed carbs! BUT I am not eating carbs. Well I know all FOOD has some carbs but I do keep it as low biologically possible.

I think I am just in a slump and I am confused as to why my B/S would rise.
I am so carb sensitive. Yes my carbs are low and fat is high. You know everyone says fat. It is really high in fat because of all the meat I eat and the added CO.

I hope my stall does not discourage anyone. Ya'll can read how well I have done. I am a chatter and I do have tons of words preceding this stall.

I'm gona break free and when I do if you ant on board you will feel my wake
Old 04-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thininside
Stats: 196/186.6/160
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: April 9, 2012
Quote:
making brisket this weekend!!
com'on down!!
(you'll have to help build on the house the brisket is for the house crew)
I will work for brisket. (my smilies don't work on my phone)
Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

So where is the towel...I feel like throwing it in.
Up .2 from yesterday. So was it the chicken?
I really don't think I'm eating enough, but you know, you're not very hungry on this WOE. So I'm not sure how to fit more food in
Old 04-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaRN View Post
Hi MissML, I usually dont post, but I wanted to encourage those who are not losing, I have gone from 247 on april 9th to 239 today, I do a clean induction, I make sure that I have a large dinner to keep me satisfied, but I limit myself to eggs, nitrate free bacon ( zero sugar/0 carbs), gouda cheese, chicken and steaks/ pork chops, and snack on pork rinds, no jello, my special treat is 2 cups of coffee, with a total 4 tbsp hwc and 4 splenda, thats it, of course, butter and olive oil for cooking, i also get boars head turkey No S/C. and drink 12 glasses of water, I have thyroid problems, so before Atkins no matter what i was doing i would not loose a pound, last year i went to the Gym 6 days a week, did the treadmill x 1 hr nothing, got a personal trainer, nothing, my scale would not move. So give it a try for 4 days really clean induction and YOU WILL SEE RESULTS. We have Marylouise as an example. By the way ML i too have salivary problems.
floridaRN I am so happy you did post! Your food choices look great! And your weight loss is wonderful!
Where have you found nitrate free bacon?
It is so hard to find sugar free bacon!
I ate almost any kind I could find that said no sugar but 9 out of 10 times when I turned the bacon over it said sugar was added and in the same breath no sugar added!

I was checked out by a doctor a couple weeks ago. He looked like he just got out of the 12th grade. The thing about growing older is them young doctors scare me to pieces.
I should be getting a call soon to have a CT with Contrast! I detest the contrast, it is so hot! His Diagnosis was: Sialslthasis...That cant b spelled right! Doctors hand writing is and always will be horrible. They are suppose to write clear enough for it to be read!

In layman terms I have stones that has to be removed! UGH!!
What problem do you have??
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thininside View Post
I really don't think I'm eating enough, but you know, you're not very hungry on this WOE. So I'm not sure how to fit more food in

YES YES YES! Not eating enough is a true staler. BUT you are doing GREAT! I think it is normal to lose and show it didn't stick. When that happened to me I would most times lose a lot more than I had seem to be losing for that week!
Don't you dare throw in the towel Silly YOU!
YOU can and you will do it! IT is doable!

Never ever give up! Please
Old 04-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

We seem to have lost some friends?

HUMMMMM??????
Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #107

Quote:
1. Irving isn't that far away I do have spare bedrooms
2. try eating mini-meals instead of 3 big ones
EX;
breakfast
2 Hb eggs or egg and bacon "rollup" (my DD invented this one , fry your egg with a busted yolk really well done add a piece of cooked bacon, mayo or whatever dressing you like (I like guac) and roll it up )
snack
string cheese, jerky, nuts (no peanuts)
lunch
normal Akid lunch (I like a chief salad)
snack
poached eggs w/ cheese, jerky, nuts, cheese low carb veggies
supper
normal Akid supper
snack
repeat early snacks
LOTS OF WATER, TEA, CRYSTIAL LIGHT, SF KOOLAID, HOMEAID LEMON AID
Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Well this may be contrary to popular belief here, but I suggest for those in a stall. Cut the fat. Yep! Leave in a couple servings of some good fat, such as sardine or whatever you feel is good and the rest Lean meat, eggs and enough lettuce to keep the system going.

It won't hurt you

Try it for a few days, sometimes the bod needs something new

Last edited by It'stime; 04-25-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Old 04-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

YES YES YES! Not eating enough is a true staler. BUT you are doing GREAT! I think it is normal to lose and show it didn't stick. When that happened to me I would most times lose a lot more than I had seem to be losing for that week!
Don't you dare throw in the towel Silly YOU!
YOU can and you will do it! IT is doable!

Never ever give up! Please
I'm gonna plug along for another week
Old 04-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
1. Irving isn't that far away I do have spare bedrooms
2. try eating mini-meals instead of 3 big ones
EX;
breakfast
2 Hb eggs or egg and bacon "rollup" (my DD invented this one , fry your egg with a busted yolk really well done add a piece of cooked bacon, mayo or whatever dressing you like (I like guac) and roll it up )
snack
string cheese, jerky, nuts (no peanuts)
lunch
normal Akid lunch (I like a chief salad)
snack
poached eggs w/ cheese, jerky, nuts, cheese low carb veggies
supper
normal Akid supper
snack
repeat early snacks
LOTS OF WATER, TEA, CRYSTIAL LIGHT, SF KOOLAID, HOMEAID LEMON AID
Thanks for the inspiration, I'll be using your list as a starting point. I've never had a poached egg...I think I'll give it a try
Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: floridaRN
Hi Marylouise, I have the same diagnosis, had the ct scan, wish i had not done it because of all the radiation, bottom line, i put warm compresses on it 4 times a day, I also put aspercreme, during the day and at nite, and I am doing great, no surgery. The bacon is from Bj, its called applegate, its sooo good, even though in the ingridient it said "evaporated sugar cane" it has not affected my ketosis, and I am losing fast,I just dont know what evaporated cane sugar is.or how they evaporate it. For the warm compress I use a sock filled with rice tied it an place it in the Microwave for 1 min. it keeps the heat well. and it is easy to manuver. Let me know if this helps.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Hi all,
Marylouise you mentioned how hard it is to find bacon with out sugar.

I have looked and looked and finally discovered that lower sodium bacon
often has no added sugar! Costco's low sodium bacon has 0 sugar!
After all that work I decided to just eat the regular bacon with a little sugar
in it. Ultimately I don't believe that it has had any effect on my weight loss.

I have been eating a lot more chicken recently because beef get expensive.
I really think that this has had a negative affect on my weight loss...so today I stocked up on some beef!!
Hope it finally gets this train moving again!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/221/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart November 2014
is there CO that doesn't taste like coconut?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleliz View Post
is there CO that doesn't taste like coconut?
I dont like CO I use olive oil
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

So I've eaten 4 eggs (up from 3) and 4 pieces of bacon.
My Keto strip is dark purple, almost in large. Which got me thinking if my ketones are so high, maybe I'm not drinking enough water to flush them out. I do drink a lot all day, but not water. So I just drank 40oz of water and now I'm full and trying to figure out how I'm gonna fit that snack in. I decided I'm gonna split a steak with my DH about 4pm before I get ready for church.

That's my plan so far
Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #116

Quote:
So I've eaten 4 eggs (up from 3) and 4 pieces of bacon.
My Keto strip is dark purple, almost in large. Which got me thinking if my ketones are so high, maybe I'm not drinking enough water to flush them out. I do drink a lot all day, but not water. So I just drank 40oz of water and now I'm full and trying to figure out how I'm gonna fit that snack in. I decided I'm gonna split a steak with my DH about 4pm before I get ready for church.

That's my plan so far
then eat again when you get home form church
(6-7pm) ??
then eat some protein b4 bed
Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm gonna plug along for another week
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................
Old 04-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
then eat again when you get home form church
(6-7pm) ??
then eat some protein b4 bed
Therein lies a lot of my problem with eating. I'm not home a lot. Tonight I leaving at 6 won't be home till 10. After Bible study, I play with the worship band at the Cowboy church. They are so gracious to let me join with their practice as I am learning to play the fiddle.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
wHOOSH FAIRY COME QUICKLY
Yeah my woosh fairy did the opposite and I was up 4 lbs ... no reason to be, we'll see tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBussey64 View Post
Yeah my woosh fairy did the opposite and I was up 4 lbs ... no reason to be, we'll see tomorrow.
I think we need to Whoosh fairy proof our houses.
Closed Thread