Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #391
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
HOPE where you at???

Lindabaco???

Marge????
???? Anyone I am forgetting me sorry............

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #392
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Getting it ready is very smart! Have you ever tried that stuff you can pour in the water to help it heat up early?? I cant WAIT to get in mine!
No, kind of weirdS me out that you have the chemical floating on top while in it. Got to get a new solar cover this year....must hit the pool store soon!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBussey64 View Post
Another 3.2 lbs gone today
Wow Cbussey!!!
An other 3.2 pounds!
What is your secret?
That is fantastic!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #394

Gallery: soontobesexy'ntx
Stats: 202.2/202.2/150
WOE: DADR (Atkins'72)
Start Date: which time??
Happy Monday all!!
held my weight until Sunday night wanted something to eat but was too lazy to cook
had some micro Mac&Cheese my weight is ^ 2 lbs today
but I'm not claming it Salt and carbs it I watch what I eat today and drink lots of tea and water it should be gone or lower tomarrow
Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
HI ML. It's Linda Boca although I feel boco most of the time. I see so many of you doing well thanks to our Atkins Princess. She saved me again yesterday. We live eons apart but she is a part of my family and heart.

Went to a party Sun and wasn't even tempted by all the sweets and food. They had shrimp so that's all I ate. I felt so empowered. Easy to do at a buffet though. I even passed up Diet Coke for water.

I had a slip last week but it was with nuts so bad but not as bad as candy. ML cleared my head and I feel strength to continue this journey.

CBussey, good going. You are doing well and an inspiration to us all.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Wow Cbussey!!!
An other 3.2 pounds!
What is your secret?
That is fantastic!!!
She is doing great ant she!:sin g:
Old 04-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
HI ML. It's Linda Boca although I feel boco most of the time. I see so many of you doing well thanks to our Atkins Princess. She saved me again yesterday. We live eons apart but she is a part of my family and heart.

Went to a party Sun and wasn't even tempted by all the sweets and food. They had shrimp so that's all I ate. I felt so empowered. Easy to do at a buffet though. I even passed up Diet Coke for water.

I had a slip last week but it was with nuts so bad but not as bad as candy. ML cleared my head and I feel strength to continue this journey.

CBussey, good going. You are doing well and an inspiration to us all.
Me sorry. Key stroke mistake.

Good for you staying on plan!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #398
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: floridaRN
is diet coke a no-no? caffeine free?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #399

5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.[COLOR=DarkRed](It doesn't say anything about 1/2 your body weight in water)[/COLOR]
I know that when I did DADR the first time the only "diet" beverages avalible was TAB (diet coke) or unsweet tea and the only sweetner avalible was sweet and low
most people didn't drink diet soda cuz it was sooo nasty
I drink Coke Zero or Dr Pepper 10 (which ever is on sale)
Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #400
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaRN View Post
is diet coke a no-no? caffeine free?
floriaRN

I have been drinking diet rite since forever. The tab was a drink I use to like. It is half saccharin and aspartame now! I almost got really mad when I saw they had changed the tab!

If I should not be drinking the diet rite because of the Splenda, there is not really anything I can do about that. It helps me in not just giving me the fizz I crave. I settles my stomach. I have GURD. The diet rite helps with this problem so much I would be crazy to now drink it. I do not take stomach pills. I read they can cause stomach cancer. Cancer has taken most of my family. The avg. life span in my family is age 70. Yea it is messed up! My sons said gee mom thanks.

So yes I drink colas. Oh and yes the diet rite is caffeine free too.

Coke and Pepsi are suppose to be coming out with drinks with Stevia. I wish they would hurry up!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

~~~ CARBOHYDRATES WILL NOT RULE MY WORLD~~

It is hard to get the craving for CARBOHYDRATES out of ones body. I am not accepting giving in to that craving. Carbohydrates make me mad! Carbohydrates have done a lot of damage to my body! Carbohydrates will NOT rule my world.

I want life's sweet sugar! I don't want to die weighing so much I have to have 10 bearers at my funeral. I know that is a harsh thing to say but it is TRUE.
:h ugs:
Old 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #402

We cant get the old TAB here the TAB they sell now is some kind of engery drink like REDBULL.
I need my caffene so I drink regular diet sodas
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!

Annabel Lee

Connie

yall are gona be hard to BEAT!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobesexy'ntx View Post
We cant get the old TAB here the TAB they sell now is some kind of engery drink like REDBULL.
I need my caffene so I drink regular diet sodas
Yea caffeine is a friend of mine too. I get it in my coffee. I drink a lot of coffee.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
Wow great for everyone losing weight. I am up 2 lbs but TOM so not toooo worried. Weighed in on Friday and in 30 days lost 6 inches overall but no pounds. so whooo hooo i am happy.

Today eggs, bacon, sausage, small spring salad (leaves only) with ceasar dressing, hamburger patty and chicken thighs. - that's the food for today. oh, and artichoke spinach dip. Without the chips.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
floriaRN

I have been drinking diet rite since forever. The tab was a drink I use to like. It is half saccharin and aspartame now! I almost got really mad when I saw they had changed the tab!

If I should not be drinking the diet rite because of the Splenda, there is not really anything I can do about that. It helps me in not just giving me the fizz I crave. I settles my stomach. I have GURD. The diet rite helps with this problem so much I would be crazy to now drink it. I do not take stomach pills. I read they can cause stomach cancer. Cancer has taken most of my family. The avg. life span in my family is age 70. Yea it is messed up! My sons said gee mom thanks.

So yes I drink colas. Oh and yes the diet rite is caffeine free too.

Coke and Pepsi are suppose to be coming out with drinks with Stevia. I wish they would hurry up!

Hi Marylouise!

Hope you are having a good day!
I am glad to hear that you are able to enjoy a diet drink and still lose!

I drink one every once in a while and I do feel kind of guilty about it.
I love diet tonic water. It does not taste "diet" to me and I do think
it helps a little with my nightly leg cramps.

Cancer is rampant in my husbands family too.
He lost his father to stomach cancer at 65 and his sister even earlier to breast cancer.
We feel the best thing he can do to help avoid it is to eat low carb.
So even though he has always been skinny we both eat low carb.
I really believe you are doing a good job up your chances of living cancer
free by eating low carb!

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
Carl Rogers

Permanent weight loss requires permanent change.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!

Aspartame controversy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The artificial sweetener aspartame has been the subject of several controversies since its initial approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1974. The FDA approval of aspartame was highly contested,[1] with critics alleging that the quality of the initial research supporting its safety was inadequate and flawed and that conflicts of interest marred the approval of aspartame.[2][3][4] In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame.[2][5] In spite of this, critics such as activist Betty Martini[6] have promoted undocumented claims that numerous health risks (such as multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus, methanol toxicity, blindness, spasms, shooting pains, seizures, headaches, depression, anxiety, memory loss, birth defects and death[7]) are associated with the consumption of aspartame in normal doses. These health risk claims have been examined and debunked by numerous scientific research projects, and are also generally dismissed by governments and major health and food safety organizations.[2][8][9]

Publicity of this controversy has been spread through an elaborate health scare[10] and "Internet smear campaign"[11] involving hoax[10][12][11] e-mails repeating Betty Martini's widely circulated conspiracy theory. Her undocumented claims are still repeated by thousands of self-published Web sites.

Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide,[13][14] with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut".[4] The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe as a non-nutritive sweetener.[8]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I read this and I do not agree with the finding. For me it is too unclear to trust. Many have no problem consuming the chemical. I do. From headaches to brain fog are reasons enough to not use it. The man that was mixing chemicals the day he tasted it and found it to be sweet is my main reason for not using it.

I am not well schooled. I have a memory problem too. But I try to understand and keep myself and family up to date on things.

But gosh please don't misunderstand me. I ant wanting to be a wise butt.

I am happy for the ones than can safely use it. It is in a lot of our food today.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #408
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleliz View Post
Wow great for everyone losing weight. I am up 2 lbs but TOM so not toooo worried. Weighed in on Friday and in 30 days lost 6 inches overall but no pounds. so whooo hooo i am happy.

Today eggs, bacon, sausage, small spring salad (leaves only) with ceasar dressing, hamburger patty and chicken thighs. - that's the food for today. oh, and artichoke spinach dip. Without the chips.
luvleliz

YOUR food looks Artichoke spinach dip, all I would need is my fingers!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
Hi Marylouise!

Hope you are having a good day!
I am glad to hear that you are able to enjoy a diet drink and still lose!

I drink one every once in a while and I do feel kind of guilty about it.
I love diet tonic water. It does not taste "diet" to me and I do think
it helps a little with my nightly leg cramps.

Cancer is rampant in my husbands family too.
He lost his father to stomach cancer at 65 and his sister even earlier to breast cancer.
We feel the best thing he can do to help avoid it is to eat low carb.
So even though he has always been skinny we both eat low carb.
I really believe you are doing a good job up your chances of living cancer
free by eating low carb!

Back in 2002,03, I lost 100 drinking the diet rite. I just must have a coke. I try to make sure I get some water in but it is hard for me.
It has never stopped my weight loss.

I have seen others say that low carb helps lower the risk of cancer, but how does it do this? Is it because we are sugar free and white food free?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #410

Quote:

Luv
next time you have artichoke dip make some of these
bacon chips cut bacon slices into bites and cook well done/crispy
peperoni chips - place peperoni on paper towels in microwave cook about 5 mins til crispy
cheese crackers - on non stick skillet place cheese slices heat til melted then let cool
Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #411
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: floridaRN
Hi Marylouise and all, thanks about Coke info, Marylouise, my husband had severe acid reflux, Gurd, ect, he is CURED, he takes ginger pills during dinner, and also drinks Georges aloe vera, he no longer has any stomach problem, but the aloe vera has lowered his blood sugars, he is a Diabetic 2, and takes Rx, but since drinking aloe vera his B/S are within normal limits, his Dr. says he is no longer a diabetic. The aloe vera IS expensive $20/ a gallon from Vitamin Shoppe, but the ginger root pills you can buy at Puritan pride, as an RN I can tell you its amazing.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Back in 2002,03, I lost 100 drinking the diet rite. I just must have a coke. I try to make sure I get some water in but it is hard for me.

I have seen others say that low carb helps lower the risk of cancer, but how does it do this? Is it because we are sugar free and white food free?
Yes I think so! And because we get plenty of good fat too!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #413

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe as a non-nutritive sweetener.[8]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I read this and I do not agree with the finding. For me it is too unclear to trust. Many have no problem consuming the chemical. I do. From headaches to brain fog are reasons enough to not use it.
I'm glad you point this out.

These two statements are not mutually exclusive. meaning they do not contradict each other. Aspartame is a safe sweetener just means that it is not a universal toxin, poison or harmful substance. Penicillin is a safe medicine. Scientific studies show that it does not directly or indirectly harm the body and that this tends to be true most of the time.

However it may not be safe for a specific individual who reacts to it differently than the majority. For the majority, Aspartame is safe, and so is Penicillin, but for some it is not.

To not be able to use a product personally doesn't necessarily make that product universally dangerous to all.
That a product is safe for the majority doesn't necessarily mean that you are able to process it ideally.

So it's okay to not use a "safe" product if it harms you because the only thing that matters is if it is safe for you, personally.

There is a birth defect that makes a person unable to process a particular amino acid. Most people only know of it in relation to diet soda sweetened with this particular amino acid. This amino acid is naturally occurring in a lot of safe foods, but for the individual with this defect, safe foods will harm them, so they have to choose carefully to avoid these normally safe foods. It doesn't make those foods unsafe, just not ideal for that individual,personally. No one would expect everyone else to stop eating those foods or to call them unsafe just because a small number of people cannot eat them. So this also shows how something can be safe, but Not ideal for an individual.

Everyone should look to their own body and listen and feel what feels good and what feels bad. It's good to look at studies for accuracy of safety, but the ultimate judge of whether it's good or bad for you is how your own body reacts.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 04-30-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tcalhoun72
Stats: 300/205/140 5'4"- Age 39
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/2011
Tumors have been shown to have insulin receptors. So the higher amounts of sugar and wheats you consume, the higher your insulin production is and the tumor may grow more quickly. Short answer: glucose feeds cancer.

Quote:

I have seen others say that low carb helps lower the risk of cancer, but how does it do this? Is it because we are sugar free and white food free?:confused:
Old 04-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
Thanks for the "chip" ideas. Will have to try each one of them. LOL>

Artichoke/spinach dip
1 bag of frozen artichoke hearts (Trader Joe Brand)
1 8 oz cream cheese softened.
1 cup - Mayo i don't measure - sometimes just tooo much for me
1/2 - 1 cup parmasean cheese - again i don't measure
1 cup frozen chopped spinach - again to taste

Mix all together
cook in pyrex dish 350 for about 30 min.
top with shredded cheddar or mixed cheese blend and melt if you like.

get spoon and eat!! lol.

Last edited by luvleliz; 04-30-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Everyone should look to their own body and listen and feel what feels good and what feels bad. It's good to look at studies for accuracy of safety, but the ultimate judge of whether it's good or bad for you is how your own body reacts.
Metqa~ It's great to see you!

:h ugs:
Old 04-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #417
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcalhoun72 View Post
Tumors have been shown to have insulin receptors. So the higher amounts of sugar and wheats you consume, the higher your insulin production is and the tumor may grow more quickly. Short answer: glucose feeds cancer.
Tami~

Glucose feeds cancer! I tried so hard to explain to my mama how dangerous it was for her to eat sugar. She got cancer in both lungs and the doctors convinced her that without chemo she would die and that to do the chemo it gave he a chance to live, longer! Tami the doctor was driving his nice new sport car.

She went to a center in Memphis, Tennessee to get the chemo. As soon as you walk in the door the first thing you would see were dishes of candy. Candy was everywhere! She said Marylouise why would they have candy everywhere in this clinic if it fed cancer. I said mama so they will have a faster turn-around! She thought I wanted her to die so I could go on with my life and be free from her. I must remind myself daily that the cancer was in her brain because this woman talking to me was not my mama............
Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #418

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
MaryL, sorry bout that with your Mom...
Old 04-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #419
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the "chip" ideas. Will have to try each one of them. LOL>

Artichoke/spinach dip
1 bag of frozen artichoke hearts (Trader Joe Brand)
1 8 oz cream cheese softened.
1 cup - Mayo i don't measure - sometimes just tooo much for me
1/2 - 1 cup parmasean cheese - again i don't measure
1 cup frozen chopped spinach - again to taste

Mix all together
cook in pyrex dish 350 for about 30 min.
top with shredded cheddar or mixed cheese blend and melt if you like.

get spoon and eat!! lol.

Now as good as this looks I could not make it. Yep I would just use my fingers, but I would not make it. I don't mix things up.
Well I do mix some things up. Like the CO candy

I would over eat that. I know I would. It looks too good. I have another way to make that dish. I use all of your ingred. except the mayo., and the Par. cheese and the other cheese.

I have taken the frozen spinach souffle and mixed it with cream cheese and put layers of the hearts and spinach together and cook it off in the oven. But I can eat it all in one sitting!

I bet yours tasted very good!

How many serving does it make?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
MaryL, sorry bout that with your Mom...
Me and her were like glue. If you seen me you would see her. we bought groceries together. We fished together. we did everything together...She loved m swimming pool. But when she took her bath she would never have ore than 4 inches of water in the tub. she could not swim a lick. She walked around the pool because her legs caused her pain.

Thank you Metqa

The picture of her and me was taken at Christmas. She started chemo after that Christmas......
Closed Thread