Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel Lee View Post
How about The Measure Free diet?
Thats a cool one too!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC,NK,IF
Start Date: May 24, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
thank you Annabel

I really do think its important to eat lots of red meat. I will get some in MAY! BUT I also think the hot sauce speeds up my metabolism!

Eating within an hour is a secret tool also!

To keep fat burning, you must keep meat, no lean meat, in your body!

I but hot sauce on everything!!!
Love it!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just learned from the great and powerful OZ, yea right, that CO also helps kill fungus!!!!!!!

I do like hiim but I lost a little respect for him after he came done a few ppl I happen to agree with. I think Mercola and??? gosh cant think of his name....Anyway he thinks we should consume grains! Thats fine for his tiny skinny frame!
I think you may be thinking of Gary Taubes, the man I credit for saving my life.
I felt OZ was very unfair to him when Taubes was on his show.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
ok Soonie I really think NoNo is a great name for a diet. Notice if you say nono to anyone,,,,,then they want to do it.

Example: Maryl. too much fat NONO!

MaryL., Says,,,,"Yes, Yes"

Case closed.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #305
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
I just learned from the great and powerful OZ, yea right, that CO also helps kill fungus!!!!!!!

I do like hiim but I lost a little respect for him after he came done a few ppl I happen to agree with. I think Mercola and??? gosh cant think of his name....Anyway he thinks we should consume grains! Thats fine for his tiny skinny frame!
I was trying to think how The Wizard of Oz knew about coconut oil, then realized you meant the young doctor on TV. That poor guy is like a hald decade behind. Bruce Fife told the world about coconut oil long ago

Quote:
Metqa what is MCT? And yes eating it late at night will make sleep hard to find
MCT is Medium Chain Triglyceride. 60% of coconut oil is this, the rest is Long chain Triglycerides. Most animal fats and seed oils are LCT, they require bile to be absorbed and digested because they are so long. MCT are medium size and can travel on their own, and are more easily burned as energy, as easy as carbs are. That's why Coconut oil is popular with dieters and some athletes. It gives you easy energy but without sugar or insulin rises. I get hot flashes if I eat or use too much at once.

Quote:
I think you may be thinking of Gary Taubes, the man I credit for saving my life.
I felt OZ was very unfair to him when Taubes was on his show.
That was my introduction to OZ and I've considered him a media hogging hack ever since. He's not a very good host when he is biased.The only good I see that he does is when he presents something and it's true and helpful but he's usually way behind the trend, of at least LCF trends that is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
ok Soonie I really think NoNo is a great name for a diet. Notice if you say nono to anyone,,,,,then they want to do it.

Case closed.
See! So true!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 04-27-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Old 04-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

It can be very hard to get back in the saddle. Sometimes it can take years. We get lazy and then our taste buds rule our world.

Them buds are very unforgiving. So we forgive them first, dust them off and kick the after taste from our bodies. Our lives are rich, rich in love and rich in sharing love with one another.

GOD gives use tools to overcome our weakness. And yes taste buds make us weak. Retraining them buds will enrich your life in ways you can not imagine!
GOD loves us and HE wants everyone of us to be happy in our bodies.

Do you love your body? I have not loved mine for so long. We all ask ourselves why did I just have to have that taste. That velvet goodness is so good, right? Well, no we are wrong. That goodness is beside you. That goodness is in your home. That goodness is all around you. That goodness is your family. If you can't Truly be happy in the body GOD gave us how can one receive all of GODS grace and HIS love? Your familys are more important than any other taste in the world. They are your sugar, right?

While I was raising my kids I was in a love/ hate relationship with my body. I will always believe I cheated myself and my family because I was so unhappy in my own skin.
I love everyone. I will send everyone my prayer for peace and love. I will pray for you all. Hold fast to your love for GOD. HE can and will make you strong. Strong enough to dust off the bad taste bud, so you can taste life's sweet sugar.

I wanted to share my thoughts and with everyone.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

Yall keep me smiling each and everyday! :-)

WE are gona be some very happy losers ant we!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It can be very hard to get back in the saddle. Sometimes it can take years. We get lazy and then our taste buds rule our world.

Them buds are very unforgiving. So we forgive them first, dust them off and kick the after taste from our bodies. Our lives are rich, rich in love and rich in sharing love with one another.

GOD gives use tools to overcome our weakness. And yes taste buds make us weak. Retraining them buds will enrich your life in ways you can not imagine!

Do you love your body? I have not loved mine for so long. We all ask ourselves why did I just have to have that taste. That velvet goodness is so good, right? Well, no we are wrong. That goodness is beside you. That goodness is in your home. That goodness is all around you. That goodness is your family. If you can't Truly be happy in the body GOD gave us how can one receive all of GODS grace and HIS love? Your familys are more important than any other taste in the world. They are your sugar, right?

While I was raising my kids I was in a love/ hate relationship with my body. I will always believe I cheated myself and my family because I was so unhappy in my own skin.
I love everyone. I will send everyone my prayer for peace and love. I will pray for you all. Hold fast to your love for GOD. HE can and will make you strong. Strong enough to dust off the bad taste bud, so you can taste life's sweet sugar.

That was simply beautiful!

Thank you so much for sharing such inspirational thoughts!

I have hated my body for years. How can I hate the body give to me?
It is a gift.

I vow to step away from the hate and open my heart to the love!

Thank you,
marylouise
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post

Case closed.

Frances it is fixed. Click on the link now and it takes you to part 2....Try it for me to make sure. I did it and it brought me here.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Quote:

Very Wonderful!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thininside
Stats: 196/186.6/160
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: April 9, 2012
Quote:

Mary Louise, thank you for sharing your heart with us
Old 04-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post

Mac Nuts are really only fat and a wee but of protein. Not the same as starchy nuts like peanuts, almonds or cashews(too much sugar) Walnuts might be okay, but save all nuts except Macs for later.
Thank you for the information...I bought some on the way home
Old 04-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Big surprise this morning!!
I am down a pound!
I haven't been 196 in a long, long time!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Wonderful Morning ....

Down another 2 lbs.

257.8 YAY ...

I credit it to LOTS of water yesterday and 3 TBSP of Coconut Oil ... I got in in one way or another and it sure did improve my energy level. Came home and cleaned up the dining room, did dishes, and started laundry .... all before going to bed after working a 12 hour shift and commuting over an hour and a half total. WOWZA.

On the blah side with my car ... brakes, out of nowhere started grinding ... no warning, no whining, no noises prior .... just crappy grinding ... shoot me now!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That was simply beautiful!

Thank you so much for sharing such inspirational thoughts!

I have hated my body for years. How can I hate the body give to me?
It is a gift.

I vow to step away from the hate and open my heart to the love!

Thank you,
marylouise
I have been asking my self this Q a lot lately. How can I hate the body God gave to me. I for sure know I have not taken very good care of myself. I want to change that and I want the change to stick. Annabel I am trying so hard to make this become a real restart and a WOE I will forever cling to.

I love what you said ' I vow to step away from the hate and open my heart to the love!'
Old 04-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am down a pound!
OH that is WONDERFUL!

:jump joy:

Grab the list and put your lost pound on it!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBussey64 View Post
Wonderful Morning ....

Down another 2 lbs.

257.8 YAY ...

I credit it to LOTS of water yesterday and 3 TBSP of Coconut Oil ... I got in in one way or another and it sure did improve my energy level. Came home and cleaned up the dining room, did dishes, and started laundry .... all before going to bed after working a 12 hour shift and commuting over an hour and a half total. WOWZA.

On the blah side with my car ... brakes, out of nowhere started grinding ... no warning, no whining, no noises prior .... just crappy grinding ... shoot me now!
Down 2 pounds! WOW GRAB the list and update your 2 pound loss! Way to go!

:jump joy:

I wish you live closer my DH would have them brakes fixed for you and have you back running in no time! You may have just picked up some dirt or sand. Maybe they will stop and all will be well.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wonderful Morning ....

Down another 2 lbs.

257.8 YAY ...

Wow, Wow, Wow!!
An other 2 pounds!!!
That is wonderful!!

I am going to have to start back on the CO and clean the house!!!!

I feel your pain in regards of your car. I hate to hear unusual sounds coming
from mine!!! I just turn up the radio and sing. I drive my cars until they stop.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #319
Blabbermouth!!!

Did they start grinding even without using them? My DH ask how man miles are on them and is it on the front. Sounds like the dist pads are wore out. Is it front or rear?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

I start each morning with coffee/CO! I love the info Metqa gave us about the Co! I also think it feeds the brain and can help improve ones memory!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, Wow, Wow!!
An other 2 pounds!!!
That is wonderful!!

I am going to have to start back on the CO and clean the house!!!!

I feel your pain in regards of your car. I hate to hear unusual sounds coming
from mine!!! I just turn up the radio and sing. I drive my cars until they stop.
That's funny because that's what I do, turn up the radio and try to "ignore" how much money it's going to be. LOL
Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I but hot sauce on everything!!!
Love it!!!
About the hot sauce. Have you always used a lot of it?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Did they start grinding even without using them? My DH ask how man miles are on them and is it on the front. Sounds like the dist pads are wore out. Is it front or rear?
Front ... I am not sure how many miles are on them, I know it's been a few years ... and it's a deep grinding noise. No they only grind when I press on the brakes.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's funny because that's what I do, turn up the radio and try to "ignore" how much money it's going to be. LOL

Gosh, Thats a little too scary to me. I got lucky with cars. My DH is a mechanic and a music maker!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #325
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Front ... I am not sure how many miles are on them, I know it's been a few years ... and it's a deep grinding noise. No they only grind when I press on the brakes.
He said when it first starts they can be turned. If you continue to drive it it will eat the rotors up. If you have it fixed now you may get by with just having new pads but on them.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
He said when it first starts they can be turned. If you continue to drive it it will eat the rotors up. If you have it fixed now you may get by with just having new pads but on them.
That is what I'm hoping for. Wish me luck.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #327
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That is what I'm hoping for. Wish me luck.
Good luck sweetie. If it just started dont let anyone bully you into a complete brake job. BE safe!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am down a pound!
Way to Go
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wonderful Morning ....

Down another 2 lbs.

257.8 YAY ...

2 lbs....very Cool
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thininside View Post
Way to Go
Hi Thin

How are you doing??