Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Dr. Robert Atkins 72' Extended Induction

Hello, I am Marylouise. I am a retired Cosmetologist. My goal is to regain my health, while reducing my weight. At the present time I am reading Dr. Robert Atkins 1972 Diet Revolution.

Statement of Robert C. Atkins, M.D. to the Senate Select Committee On Human Needs April 12, 1973 starts on page 299 of his book “Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution. If you do not have a copy of this book, get it.

Many people may think I am a newbie to Dr. Robert Atkins diet. I am a newbie to this web site, LCF, not to Dr. Robert Atkins diet. The first time I went on Dr. Atkins diet was 1972. I lost 17 pounds the first two weeks.

I thought the weight would stay gone, it did not!

Many fat years later I went back on Dr. Atkins diet. The year was 2002. I lost 112 pounds. Again I thought I had it all under my control. How wrong I was. I was doing his 1972 Diet Revolution WOE. I did not take it to the finish line. Oh, how I wish I had. I regained every ounce and then some.

Fast forward to today. March 1, 2011, I reached another all time high fat weight! I started on his Diet Revolution again. I lost 39 pounds from March 1 to May 15 2011. I was looking around one day in cyberspace and I happened upon the Atkins Web Site. I took a look see. I liked what I saw, so I joined Atkins Web Site. Soon I learned everyone was on his newest book that he had somehow written from his grave. The New Atkins For The New You, NANY. It may work for some, but I did not work for me.

On “his” new book I lost from May 16, 2011 to July 25, 2011 a grand total of 5 pounds!

A new friend came along and saved me, “Whitedov”. As her name implies she is a true dove. Whitedov took my hand and brought me here.

I am back on Dr. Robert Atkins 1972 Diet Revolution. My feet are firmly planted. My roaming in Cyberspace days are behind me. I am moving again; to become the new me I have always wanted to be.

So, my day starts today with zero carbs. I am looking for that purple everyone wants to see

Last edited by marylouise; 07-29-2011 at 10:16 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
OK, just know that zero carb and Atkins '72 are different things. The list of "free foods" on the Atkins '72 plan can really add up. If you want to eat zero carb, you need to avoid most of those things. there is nothing "free" about it, and Dr. Atkins figured that out pretty fast working with real patients over the years.

good luck!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi ML I guess it worked. I am here finally. I was researching Atkins and met MaryLouise. who helped me realize that I needed the 72 version to lose and it worked. She is a great friend and you will find her supportive as well as a wealth of information. I am a retired school teacher. I live with my husband who is also retired. We have 2 grandchildren, and 2 daughters. I need to lose 30 lbs and thanks to MaryLouise I finally made it past day 5 without falling off the wagon. She has since sent me the plan that Dr Atkins developed before the first book and will follow that for now. I also know Whitedove from another forum. I look forward to this journey , with a healthy ending.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCNana
Stats: 141.5/140/130
WOE: Paleo Nutrition
Start Date: October 2010
Now we see what happens when you don't change your way of eating for life...it's all too easy to add back bread, sweet treats, too many sweet veggies, and way too much fruit!!! Sometimes when I'm eating very clean, and mostly very low carbs I mourn because I can't eat bread again, and pie crust and real brownies, and fresh corn on the cob, and peaches etc. BUT if I do eat these things ALL the weight comes back VERY fast!! So it's a decision for all of us. Is this the way we eat for good? or not?

I also wonder how many of us are willing to be patient and go up the carb ladder to see how many we can tolerate - before we "go back to the way we ate before?"
Old 07-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
OK, just know that zero carb and Atkins '72 are different things. The list of "free foods" on the Atkins '72 plan can really add up. If you want to eat zero carb, you need to avoid most of those things. there is nothing "free" about it, and Dr. Atkins figured that out pretty fast working with real patients over the years.

good luck!

ravenrose~~~~ok, Just know that zero carb and Dr. Robert Atkins on page 13 of his book "The Diet Revolution" It Will Change Your Life~~~

During the first week on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohdrates down to what is biologically zero.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Hi ML I guess it worked. I am here finally. I was researching Atkins and met MaryLouise. who helped me realize that I needed the 72 version to lose and it worked. She is a great friend and you will find her supportive as well as a wealth of information. I am a retired school teacher. I live with my husband who is also retired. We have 2 grandchildren, and 2 daughters. I need to lose 30 lbs and thanks to MaryLouise I finally made it past day 5 without falling off the wagon. She has since sent me the plan that Dr Atkins developed before the first book and will follow that for now. I also know Whitedove from another forum. I look forward to this journey , with a healthy ending.
Linda-b there you are. I am so happy to see you made it.

A bad storm came through here and our wireless was down almost six hours!
I am just now able to get back on line.

I noticed on the Weather channel yall have sunshine. It rains in Tennessee almost everyday. The sun was shinning yesterday and the water was too hot to swim in.

I was in the middle of writing the other post I had planned to follow my first post. I drafted it in word

Linda, I too look forward to this journey, with a happy ending. I want to feel slim. I want to remember nothing taste as good as thin feels~~~ friend!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCNana View Post
Now we see what happens when you don't change your way of eating for life...it's all too easy to add back bread, sweet treats, too many sweet veggies, and way too much fruit!!! Sometimes when I'm eating very clean, and mostly very low carbs I mourn because I can't eat bread again, and pie crust and real brownies, and fresh corn on the cob, and peaches etc. BUT if I do eat these things ALL the weight comes back VERY fast!! So it's a decision for all of us. Is this the way we eat for good? or not?

I also wonder how many of us are willing to be patient and go up the carb ladder to see how many we can tolerate - before we "go back to the way we ate before?"
LCNana~~~ Hello, yes it is so very easy. I started regaining so slow. And I was back up to my before loss weight in the blink of the eye. I was in a horrible nightmare that I could not wake up from. I remember the way I felt when I loved the way I looked. I hated myself. I wanted to crawl in a hole and beg someone to cover me up. I am 60 years old. I am to young to give up!!

I am standing up one more time to make this WOE a life changing forever way for me to eat. I am not ready to roll over and cover my head to the truth. I see me!

Dr. Robert Atkins made it his mission in his life time to help us, I refuse to let all of his work be flushed down the drain. No, I will not stop trying! I am stronger than that. Food. We all must have food to survive.

Food killed my mamaw. My mamaw was the most perfect grandma, anyone on this earth would be proud to call her mamaw. Food LCNana, took my mamaw away from me. My mamaw could cook for a king. My mamaw did not know the AMA was not well schooled in teaching her how to cook to live. No, they taught her how to cook to die.

LCNana~~~ I want to eat to live not live to eat!

Linda, LCNana we can learn to live....We will make it all the way to the top of the ladder!!! Welcome LCNana, if you want to join us!!!

Last edited by marylouise; 07-29-2011 at 06:12 PM..
Old 07-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I love the little smilles. I will be happy when I place them in the correct place :-)
Old 07-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Stopped by ...

to say "Hello" to everyone

MaryLouise (ML): Found ya! Good girl - I like your thread!!!

Lindaboca: Welcome to Low Carb Friends - I hope you enjoy it here.

I got my keto strips but it's the same brand I bought 10 yrs ago - pink! The old bottle didn't have the brand name on them. I only had a dark showing once from them and doubted their validity. Which brand are the most popular and accurate out there?

I'm starting Atkins 1972 Induction officially this weekend. Just came back from grocery store with lots of lettuce, cheddar, eggs and meat. I'm going to make my own oil and vinegar dressing. Made my ghee (clarified unsalted butter).

Wish me luck!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
to say "Hello" to everyone

MaryLouise (ML): Found ya! Good girl - I like your thread!!!

Lindaboca: Welcome to Low Carb Friends - I hope you enjoy it here.

I got my keto strips but it's the same brand I bought 10 yrs ago - pink! The old bottle didn't have the brand name on them. I only had a dark showing once from them and doubted their validity. Which brand are the most popular and accurate out there?

I'm starting Atkins 1972 Induction officially this weekend. Just came back from grocery store with lots of lettuce, cheddar, eggs and meat. I'm going to make my own oil and vinegar dressing. Made my ghee (clarified unsalted butter).

Wish me luck!

Linda~~~ Hi, Took some doing but I did it.

The Keto strips I have are Bayer. They are Keto-Diastix. David got them for me and don't know how well they work yet.

This is my first day on 72 zero carbs. The book Linda-b got for me "Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution" came yesterday. I am eating it as fast as I can!

Can anyone remember seeing Dr. Atkins on t.v.? I can. In the 70's he was everywhere. A lot of people were very interested in what he had to say. Others acted like he was a witch doctor!

Thank you Dr. Atkins for never giving up in your struggle to help all the ppl in the world!!! I remember reading about his first patients. The one's that could not walk out their on front door! He has since helped millions. And we are a few of the millions!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

STATS:

I wanted to tell yall a little bit more about myself.

I am a diabetic. A fat induction diabetic! I was on two different types of insulin. I had to take 100 units of Lantus at night and 30 to 40 units of Novolog before each carb loaded meal. I had to use the Novolog one time after I started this WOE. I cheated and ate KFC. I have not had to use either insulin's since that day!

I also have hypertension. I am taking Toprol and Lisinopril. I have started having a little problem with light headiness and it will not be long before I will need to see my doctor about this.

Okay one more medical issue, and it's a biggie!! I have high lipid numbers. I do not take anything for this problem. The last time I took Zocor was 02.01.10. Also the last time I took TriCor was 02.01.10. I have strong convictions against taking these two drugs. Other than {being fat} I think that is all my medical problems. I am 60 years old and I know I will die too early, if I do not make a major change in my lifestyle. It starts with eating correctly and losing 44 more pounds. I have already lost 44 pounds since March 1, 2011. I am either a small frame or medium frame. I really don't know. I have never been thin enought to tell I am 5'3" tall.

I am doing zero carb. because Dr. Atkins said I can in his 1972 Diet Revolution Book.

Thank you for reading my information.

Please feel free to jump on board and ride along on this journey to the road of success with us.
Marylouise'
Old 07-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
LCNana~~~ Hello, yes it is so very easy. I started regaining so slow. And I was back up to my before loss weight in the blink of the eye. I was in a horrible nightmare that I could not wake up from. I remember the way I felt when I loved the way I looked. I hated myself. I wanted to crawl in a hole and beg someone to cover me up. I am 60 years young. I am too young to give up!!

I am standing up one more time to make this WOE a life changing forever way for me to eat. I am not ready to roll over and cover my head to the truth. I see me!

Dr. Robert Atkins made it his mission in his life time to help us, I refuse to let all of his work be flushed down the drain. No, I will not stop trying! I am stronger than that. Food. We all must have food to survive.

Food killed my mamaw. My mamaw was the most perfect grandma, anyone on this earth would be proud to call her mamaw. Food LCNana, took my mamaw away from me. My mamaw could cook for a king. My mamaw did not know the AMA was not well schooled in teaching her how to cook to live. No, they taught her how to cook to die.

LCNana~~~ I want to eat to live not live to eat!

Linda-b, Whitedov, LCNana we can learn to eat to live!....We will make it all the way to the top of the ladder!!! Welcome LCNana, if you want to join us!!!
I reposted this for 2 reason's. I had 2 huge mistakes in my first post!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 1 of 1972 Atkins Induction

Hi Marylouise and everybody!

Just got over TOM today and have been bouncing 1 lb all week which isn't too bad considering I normally gained 3-5 lbs during this time. This morning I weighed in at: 150 on the dot. This will be my starting point to the new 1972 Atkins plan. These are my ****** stats:

B: Black coffee: 1 regular, 2 decafs
L: 5 oz. chicken wings
S: Olive loaf and 1 slice cheese
D: 1 small cheeseburger and 1 hotdog (bunless)
2 cups iceberg lettuce w/Caesar dressing
1 Atkins Daybreak bar

Calories: 1417
Carbs : 21 grams
Fat : 99 grams
Protein : 96 grams

Carbs: 6%
Fat : 65%
Protein: 29%

I messed up forgetting about hard cheeses using White American instead of Cheddar.:blush:

DH and I went to hamburger/hot dog joint for dinner with his cousins and we played mini-golf. It was hot and sweaty so I'm hoping I burned some calories. I wouldn't have had the Atkins bar except everyone wanted to stop for ice-cream. Knowing this ahead of time, I brought the Atkins Bar for my dessert and ate that instead.

So, not perfect yet. I have room for improvement.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Hello yall, I have been doing all four of those words. I had made a few discoveries. Very important eye opening discoveries.

The sheet that linda-b spoke about is the WOE I have chosen to also follow. I understand better today than I did yesterday, why I need to do his Induction before the Diet Revolution book was written and released to readers.

I'm sure there are many people here that have been on Atkins for month's even year's before I started back this time, that already know what I found out today. I need to rephrase that sentence. I have been on Atkins 3 times now. The first time was 1972. The second time was 2002. The third time is now. I never knew what I found out today. It is the simple things in life that can be the hardest to understand.

I still have a lot of reading to do. I wanted to post these thoughts so yall would not think I had gotten snatched up again in CyberLand

Be Safe in this heat! Don't forget Coconut oil helps prevent sunburn!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Where's the BEEF :-)

Quote:
Hi Marylouise and everybody!

Just got over TOM today and have been bouncing 1 lb all week which isn't too bad considering I normally gained 3-5 lbs during this time. This morning I weighed in at: 150 on the dot. This will be my starting point to the new 1972 Atkins plan. These are my ****** stats:

B: Black coffee: 1 regular, 2 decafs
L: 5 oz. chicken wings
S: Olive loaf and 1 slice cheese
D: 1 small cheeseburger and 1 hotdog (bunless)
2 cups iceberg lettuce w/Caesar dressing
1 Atkins Daybreak bar

Calories: 1417
Carbs : 21 grams
Fat : 99 grams
Protein : 96 grams

Carbs: 6%
Fat : 65%
Protein: 29%

I messed up forgetting about hard cheeses using White American instead of Cheddar.:blush:

DH and I went to hamburger/hot dog joint for dinner with his cousins and we played mini-golf. It was hot and sweaty so I'm hoping I burned some calories. I wouldn't have had the Atkins bar except everyone wanted to stop for ice-cream. Knowing this ahead of time, I brought the Atkins Bar for my dessert and ate that instead.

So, not perfect yet. I have room for improvement.
Hi Linda, Sounds like you had a good fun day! Smart thinking ahead with A. bar!

Linda where did the carbs come from?
I really need a ****** account.
I have several buds on FS.
But I need FD. Me wants to be nosy and look at your diary!

Olive loaf???????????????????????? I thought that was processed meat.

I have been reading all day. I am getting very close to understanding why I am stalled. I knew hidden sugar was in a LOT of food. I did not know it is in almost everything from cigarettes to laxatives
Old 07-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Hi Linda, Sounds like you had a good fun day! Smart thinking ahead with A. bar!

Linda where did the carbs come from?
I really need a ****** account.
I have several buds on FS.
But I need FD. Me wants to be nosy and look at your diary!

Olive loaf???????????????????????? I thought that was processed meat.

I have been reading all day. I am getting very close to understanding why I am stalled. I knew hidden sugar was in a LOT of food. I did not know it is in almost everything from cigarettes to laxatives
Most of the carbs are from the Olive Loaf (I didn't know it would be so high before I ate it ). (9 grams for 4 slices) . Yes, sometimes I do processed meat for convenience. I didn't have time to cook my chicken thighs and eggs this weekend yet. I do have a whole hormone free chicken roaster defrosting and will stick it in the crock pot tonight before I go to bed so it'll be ready for tomorrow.

I like ****** a lot better and believe it to be more accurate than Fat Secret. At least on ****** I can put in ounces; whereas with Fat Secret, it goes more by servings and is geared towards restaurant food. I have a long list of "custom foods" that I entered onto ****** that I inputted the nutrition information on it by detail. Then, if I eat it again, I just look it up, check the box and viola - it's in my daily food log. The only thing with ****** is that it doesn't calculate fiber so I enter my custom foods for net carbs.

I quit smoking (after 30+ years) this November 2 yrs ago. I knew they added sugar in it. I think quitting smoking has also contributed to my slow weight loss. But the benefits of feeling good outweigh the cons by far.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda did u check the olive loaf for sugar? I love olive loaf. I can't find it without sugar. I have stopped eating processed anything.....to many hidden things...

That is great YOU stopped smoking. We stopped smoking ready rolled. We could not afford to buy them. Plus when they make cig. all go with fire safe paper!!! It makes us smoke less now. Having to roll ur on is getting old!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, I couldn't check - it was deli-meat that I had sliced up. When I put it in ******, I just used their generic olive loaf and that's what it came up with.

My boss still smokes (Winston) and they changed something in the cigarettes because sometimes it smells like cigars! I do the e-cigarettes in vanilla custard flavor because that is the only thing that worked to get me to stop. It's only a little bit of nicotine and none of the other carcinogens and additives they put in regular tobacco. It's like a water vapor. I can even vape in the house and car - my husband doesn't mind it. It's a tough habit to quit. My doctor is thrilled with me doing that instead. He thought I would never quit.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Hi Linda and ML. Finally found the right forum. Need some questions answered about the original plan before the 72 version. No amts listed for anything. Any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
No, I couldn't check - it was deli-meat that I had sliced up. When I put it in ******, I just used their generic olive loaf and that's what it came up with.

My boss still smokes (Winston) and they changed something in the cigarettes because sometimes it smells like cigars! I do the e-cigarettes in vanilla custard flavor because that is the only thing that worked to get me to stop. It's only a little bit of nicotine and none of the other carcinogens and additives they put in regular tobacco. It's like a water vapor. I can even vape in the house and car - my husband doesn't mind it. It's a tough habit to quit. My doctor is thrilled with me doing that instead. He thought I would never quit.
Linda how long does one last? The vapor. We need to stop smoking so bad!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Linda and ML. Finally found the right forum. Need some questions answered about the original plan before the 72 version. No amts listed for anything. Any suggestions?
Me noticed you went to wrong thread

I sent u mail....and there is NO limit on Meat and eggs or cheese. Cheese has to be the kind that has red wax on it....That is what he said in book...

I think I may be wrong about cheese limit. I will have to check it again.

Linda-b I love LCF!!! IT is so much better that the other, u think???
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Love the new plan. Just need to iron out the kinks.I guess I need to review the 72 version.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

can u see me
Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda me here
Old 07-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
Marylousie... you wrote my story. I'm here with you and would love to start errrr... restart this journey with you.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:03 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Girls!

Welcome Jenna

LindaB: Nice to see ya! Are you just starting out w/1972 Induction?

ML: I went to bed early last night. The heat from last night tired me out.
My E-Cigs last 6 months and I order them directly from China (cheaper). They are all made in China anyway. The ones you buy at the Mall are expensive and cheapo knock off brands that people hate.

Have my book handy: 4 oz of any hard cheese is allowed during Induction. I take it that it includes Cheddar, Parmesan, Blue Cheese, Roquefort, Gorgonzola. Page 200 shows a recipe for bacon cheeseburger using cheddar cheese and it is written that it is good for the 1st week (meaning Induction).

We were talking about processed meats as deli meat yesterday. Page 166, Level 1 - Day 5 dinner - he has Antipasto (salami, prosciutto) which is deli processed meat.

I love that he has diet soda! I've been avoiding it but I sure like the bubblies to quench my thirst on a hot day.

I keep reminding myself that since this is stricter than the other Atkin's plans, he allows some things in his 1972 plan that are not recommended on his newer plans or the Atkins Corporation newer plans.

I just hope this works - it did 10 yrs ago. I will be very disheartened if it doesn't. I don't care if it's slower but dang it, it better work. If not, then I will probably give up all diets.

I really got to read this book again. When I do, I'll absorb it like a sponge. Spending too much time on this computer instead of reading the book and excercising.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:11 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
LindaB: (can I call you that?) The easiest way to find us is when you sign on. Click User Control Panel. If we posted since you last read it, our Thread will show up. If we didn't, click on lower left hand side: "Subscriptions". Then, it'll show up as the link, click it. You can also get emails every time we post, by clicking User Control. On the right side, under Notifications, change your option to receive e-mails. Once you use this system a while, it is very user friendly.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

ONE WHOLE POUND GONE :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna... View Post
Marylousie... you wrote my story. I'm here with you and would love to start errrr... restart this journey with you.
jenna. You are in for a wonderful ride!

I weighed a few minutes ago. I just woke up. Me is about one of the happiest campers in the world!

As soon as I drink some of my liquid gold, I will be BACKKKKKKKKKKKK

Yall~ will are going to be on the BEST ride of our lives.

I have been trying to restart my weigh loss. Got my motor running again

A WHOLE POUND~ A WHOLE POUND~A WHOLE POUND~A WHOLE POUND~
Old 07-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
Thank you for the welcome linda and marylousie!

I need to dig out my '72 book and start bookmarking.

I'm cooking a couple of pork shoulders today - about 9lbs worth. some chili and an enchilada bake. I'll be able to feed my DH without having to do any cooking for a while. Have plenty of cheese on hand and will make a crustless quiche in a giant muffin pan for my grab quick grab.

I'm drinking my usual morning breakfast of a coconut oil egg cream .... ummmm... made with extra strong tea.

My stats are: Age 55, 234lbs and 5'7.5". Goal 142 ish. My picture is from last fall before I regained 60lbs

Gonna love this!

... KETOSIS TAKE ME AWAY...
Old 07-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good Morning Girls!

Welcome Jenna

LindaB: Nice to see ya! Are you just starting out w/1972 Induction?

ML: I went to bed early last night. The heat from last night tired me out.
My E-Cigs last 6 months and I order them directly from China (cheaper). They are all made in China anyway. The ones you buy at the Mall are expensive and cheapo knock off brands that people hate.

Have my book handy: 4 oz of any hard cheese is allowed during Induction. I take it that it includes Cheddar, Parmesan, Blue Cheese, Roquefort, Gorgonzola. Page 200 shows a recipe for bacon cheeseburger using cheddar cheese and it is written that it is good for the 1st week (meaning Induction).

We were talking about processed meats as deli meat yesterday. Page 166, Level 1 - Day 5 dinner - he has Antipasto (salami, prosciutto) which is deli processed meat.

I love that he has diet soda! I've been avoiding it but I sure like the bubblies to quench my thirst on a hot day.

I keep reminding myself that since this is stricter than the other Atkin's plans, he allows some things in his 1972 plan that are not recommended on his newer plans or the Atkins Corporation newer plans.

I just hope this works - it did 10 yrs ago. I will be very disheartened if it doesn't. I don't care if it's slower but dang it, it better work. If not, then I will probably give up all diets.

I really got to read this book again. When I do, I'll absorb it like a sponge. Spending too much time on this computer instead of reading the book and excercising.

~~~~~~~~~~Thank you for the info on the E~cigs.

Okay so everyone~~~~~The Cheese~~~I know what you read in the 72 book. I read it too, but it is not on pre~book, 1968. We are using Diet Revolution~with one small difference. I am going by 1968 also pre~book. Remember that sheet I posted? The sheet is a hand guide/with 1972.

Cheese~ No Limit. Must be Natural Cheese with wax around it. It is great cheese. I use to eat it. Yall know the kind I'm talking about, right?

Processed meat or anything processed. I am sorry to disagree, but I do. One can not ever know what is processed into our food. It is your own personal choice. I choose not to eat anything that is not on the sheet~pre~book 1968

I am going to list everything he said in 1968.

Yall I went on his diet in 1972. I did not read the book. I went by what my dad's doctor told him in 1972. My dad is no longer with me. He died 2 years ago. So I can't ask him. His doctor died around 15 yrs. ago, so I can't call Dr. Morris Young. He was my doctor also for many years. Dr. Young was a friend in our family. We all loved him. I bet he also was going by what Dr. Atkins said before he wrote the book in 72!

I'm drinking my liquid gold.

I am so happy today! I have been very down, because I was stalled for at least 4 weeks. Today opens up a whole new world for me.

Q~ What is Liquid Gold?
A~ Liquid Gold is black coffee with CO glizzing in the light!

Q~ What is CO?
A~ CO is coconut oil, of your own personal brand!

Q~ Can I drink any diet drink I want?
A~ I am drinking Diet Rite/with Splenda. I can tell you which drink Dr. Atkins was referring to~ Fresca. I know this is true because my dads doctor told him to only drink Fresca, because Dr. Atkins said these words. I remember, so does my sister, Nathleen.

The diet rite so far has not hindered my weight loss. I drank it in 2002 when I lost 112 pounds. Yall I lost it so fast, the weight, I felt like being fat had been a bad dream! It rocked my WORLD: I felt like a teenager. I learned how to drive a three wheeler. My husband, David built a Harley 3 wheeler in 2006. OH, I FELT SO GOOD!! And I am going to feel that way again

Oh~ this is going to be a Wonderful RIDE

Please forgive my many typo's~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Closed Thread