Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 05:58 AM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by picturemerollin View Post
Hi ladies and thank you for all the welcomes. I havnt really posted yet becuase my 2month old baby got sick yesterday and I also am in the process of moving to another city so right now am having a stressfull time. But I am proud of myself becuase i did not cheat. Usually under stress i will have a pity party and abandon the diet, but yesterday I managed to stay on plan. Thank you God.

My husband is soo supportive I love him to death becuase I know he saw me putting on weight and was unhappy about it but he never let on. However he did act excited when I told him I was dieting again. I know I must do this for me but it is a motivater to know he wants me to lose as well.

A little about me, I live in Ohio, have 4 kids and am a stay at home mom. I hope I can lose all of my weight this time. i am wanting to lose 100 lbs. I will be happy at 160. I dont want to be stick thin but have more of a beyonce figure. I also want to eventually get a tummy tuck as I have had 4 children all c-sections and have a pouch bigger than a kangaroos or should I say a apron bigger than paula deans . Thats my girl but I cant eat her food anymore anyway it will be worth it. My husband and I never got to go on a honeymoon and I am hoping I can lose a substanial bit of weight by december and we can go on a cruise as a sort of honeyversery.

Anyway i have bored you ladies long enough so I will end here by saying good night/morning I am going back to bed while i can still get a few more moments of shut eye.

Dee, You are not boring us. What are the ages of your kids. I see you have a newbie. Age 8 weeks, right? Bet you are a busy woman

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
TGIF - 8/5/2011

I bought a pack of Atkin shakes a week ago and didn't drink it yet. I keep forgetting about it. It was just for emergency in case I was hungry and didn't have any food left to eat on plan.

I did go to grocery store yesterday and bought a 12 pack can of Fresca. It does has aspartame in it. I had 1 can yesterday. It was refreshing and brought back memories of days gone by when I was 18 yrs old and weighed 118 lbs. Why did I think back then I wanted to lose weight? I guess being that I had my 1st job, I was afraid of secretary spread. It happened anyway!!!

I lost 6 oz from yesterday to today. But that doesn't include my bathroom visit (TMI, I know). It's probably more of 1 lb. now

I've got to go to my new Gyno now. I'm going to work afterwards and will try to check in. Maybe the boss will take a nap today and I can sneak on. I have some bookkeeping to do first.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:05 AM   #213
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
You can order the 1972 Atkins book online used at Amazon.com - cheap. I got mine for $.01 plus $3.99 S&H. I don't have my book in front of me but I don't think spinach is allowed on induction. I believe it's really iceberg lettuce, celery, cucumbers as a salad for induction. You can check out the list on the Atkins 1972 board on a thread called "Atkins by the Book" page 1 and and a couple of posts later is the 1968 version pre-book. Print it out and then you'll have the basics.

WD you found book for a penny, wow. I am almost finished reading it. lindab sent me my book I plan on doing a lot of reading while David is gone...Me gone be scared. I don't do alone very well. David want let me order of the web. He is old fashion. Does not trust buying on line
Old 08-05-2011, 06:11 AM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I bought a pack of Atkin shakes a week ago and didn't drink it yet. I keep forgetting about it. It was just for emergency in case I was hungry and didn't have any food left to eat on plan.

I did go to grocery store yesterday and bought a 12 pack can of Fresca. It does has aspartame in it. I had 1 can yesterday. It was refreshing and brought back memories of days gone by when I was 18 yrs old and weighed 118 lbs. Why did I think back then I wanted to lose weight? I guess being that I had my 1st job, I was afraid of secretary spread. It happened anyway!!!

I lost 6 oz from yesterday to today. But that doesn't include my bathroom visit (TMI, I know). It's probably more of 1 lb. now

I've got to go to my new Gyno now. I'm going to work afterwards and will try to check in. Maybe the boss will take a nap today and I can sneak on. I have some bookkeeping to do first.

WD I will respond, me promise! Be Safe.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi all this will be my last post for awhile. I am going to my sisters so she can take care of me during my recovery after the dental surgery and we will spend some fun time together when I am better. I will be thinking of you all and sending you all my positive thoughts and energy for a successful journey towards your goals.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Hi all this will be my last post for awhile. I am going to my sisters so she can take care of me during my recovery after the dental surgery and we will spend some fun time together when I am better. I will be thinking of you all and sending you all my positive thoughts and energy for a successful journey towards your goals.
Linda, be safe. We will miss you. Good Luck with your teeth. I hope you have a speedy recoverly.

Take care my friend
Old 08-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilith79
Stats: 346/335/175
Start Date: 8/3/2011
Quote:
Hi Lilith, I remember you from the other thread! Vaping is a lifesaver for me. I had a nodule on my lung and had to quit. I've had a feeling a year ago that I should have quit and then my allergy doc wanted a lung xray and there it was and very small. I had to go to the Pulmonary Doc and get a quickie breathing test and that was ok.

Then I quit that same day with Committ and used that for a month. Then I ordered e-cigarettes and got them Christmas Eve. The best Christmas present I gave myself. No turning back. I've had 2 more Xrays on my lung and it shrank to the point that the Pulmonary doc said it was benign. I only have one more to do in Dec this year and that'll be it. He did then give me a full blown breathing test and my breathing is normal. The doc couldn't believe that after 30+ years of smoking that I breath like a non-smoker. I just got lucky and got out before I got any diseases. My regular doc recently gave me a test for my heart and my arteries are clear too.

You are young so please continue to be a non-smoker. My dad got emphysema when he was about 70 yrs old. He started when he was a teenager and by 60 yrs old, he thought he'd never get a disease from smoking. Well, he did and that's how he died.
My dad passed from a heart attack, but I think his COPD contributed. He is why I quit. He was 54.

I got my MIL to quit last October with an e-cig too, the only thing that ever worked for her, she was completely off nicotine by March. But, her 45+ years of smoking did too much damage and that is how she died two weeks ago. At one point she was smoking 5 PAD. We suspect she had COPD, but was too bad off in the hospital for them to test for it. Her oxygen levels kept dropping and her CO2 levels kept rising. Even on 100% oxygen with a bipap they couldn't get her levels normalized. She essentially suffocated to death. She was 60.

I don't plan on starting again. I may have a cig or two here and there, but I am not becoming a smoker again.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

lilth, I remember you. Your mama in law had recently died. It is good to talk to you again

May I ask you what kind diet you are on? I think it is Atkins this correct? Which version are you using? I hope I'm not being too nosy.

I ate so batter free fried chicken yesterday that I fried in CO. I put too much salt on the chicken. I think I have gained 5 pounds of water~

I will do my very best to not let that happen anymore!

I am almost finish reading the 72 Atkins. We are trying to do the 68/72 version. Whitedov has lost! Lindab has lost. I have lost almost 2 pounds, before the salt fried chicken!!! That was a big boo-boo

I like the 68 food list. It is very restricting, but in the end it is worth it.

I'm eating all the cheese I want. Any Kind of meat, no limit on it at all. Could eat bacon, if I ever find it sugar free. I have found out something very interesting. I lose weight faster if I eat all bacon, sausage, cheese and red meat I want and lose very fast. I can even add 6 green olives. The red meat is very costly! I try to get it when it is on sale

In 2002 and 2003 I ate all that I wanted and I was still able to eat 2 pieces of low carb bread from a carb store. In the mornings I would heat up my George Foreman cooker. The small one and use two slices of the very low carb bread with cheese. I used a big hunk of sausage. With that I would sometimes, drink a shake!

I am gona make a list of my own and post it in here.
I will be back later tonight, I hope, it may storm all night~~~got to go log in some of the food I have been eating. I'm gona get rid of FS and go to ******. WD said she thinks ****** has a better counter...

Later,
marylouise

Old 08-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith79 View Post
My dad passed from a heart attack, but I think his COPD contributed. He is why I quit. He was 54.

I got my MIL to quit last October with an e-cig too, the only thing that ever worked for her, she was completely off nicotine by March. But, her 45+ years of smoking did too much damage and that is how she died two weeks ago. At one point she was smoking 5 PAD. We suspect she had COPD, but was too bad off in the hospital for them to test for it. Her oxygen levels kept dropping and her CO2 levels kept rising. Even on 100% oxygen with a bipap they couldn't get her levels normalized. She essentially suffocated to death. She was 60.

I don't plan on starting again. I may have a cig or two here and there, but I am not becoming a smoker again.
Sorry to hear about your losses but don't even think about maybe having a cigarette or two now and then. I did 10 yrs ago when I quit for 9 months while my dad was dying from COPD. The stress and all - I thought it would be temporary. I ended up back on those cancer sticks for another 8 years. I'm done for good.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilith79
Stats: 346/335/175
Start Date: 8/3/2011
marylouise I'm on Atkins 72. I didn't know there was a book for 68. We buy a whole pig and beef annually so the cost isn't an issue for us. The bacon is only smoked, as is the ham. Can't touch our sausage though...they add sugar to it. Grr.

I just wish I could figure out why LC causes me extreme diarrhea. I have IBS, but this is a PITA. I'm using Truvia for a sweetener and maybe one soda a day. I don't get it.

Last edited by lilith79; 08-05-2011 at 06:31 PM..
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #221
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saucie
Stats: 188
WOE: I don't use net carbs. give me the whole CHO list
Start Date: Jan '11 to april '11. A new start Aug 1 '11
Hello to the two new women who have joined in the week since I have.

I am Saucie. I have a problem with Carb metabolismm, and must adhere to marked CHO restriction if I want to drop some weight. Currently I am about 185, and want a 35
pound weight loss. So, for me Atkins, as he wrote in his early books, it is all about Carbs, and only Carbs. I do not count fat grams, or total calories. I eat heavy cream several times a day as my HWC carton says NO carbs. I have it on my diet jello, and in every cup of coffee.

When I did the Atkins before, losing 55 pounds (about 8 yrs ago,) I are Bacon and eggs every morning....Until I felt full. There is something about satiety after eating these two foods together. I would just forget about food until sometime in the mid-afternoon when I would realize I had not eaten since breakfast.

If I had eated cereal, instead, there would have been a craving for a 2nd, or a 3rd bowl. It is just something carbs of cereal does for me. I never have that feeling when I eat FAT or PRO. It is what I do, and it works. I was able to keep the 55 pounds off for 5+ years until I began working the night shift. Now, I work only day shift, and am on my way back down so I can wear a size 10 again.

I do not have small children to feed, nor a husband to cook for daily. That certainly adds a challenge! My greatest hobby is cooking. But, I can do a lot of meat, fish, chicken and sauces using fats and proteins. I miss wine, but add a glass now and then. Red wine has only 2 carbs per my serving. I know they would rather not add any wine, but at times, I like it.

It is so admirable for someone to have lost 95 pounds, or the 112 pounds I read about. What an accomplishment, and you should feel so much pride that you did this. Those of us who have the CHO intolerance fully understand how difficult this is, and it is so amazing to me to read that someone lost so much. You can do it again.

America has only gotten fatter after the big "Low Fat" push was thrust before us. It doesn't work long term. It is not sustainable. My body was made for eating meat.

Everyone here seems so aware of the work of Dr. Atkins in his earlier years. I thank him from deep in my heart, and I am sure he is still happy, overseeing his successes from above.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #222
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saucie
Stats: 188
WOE: I don't use net carbs. give me the whole CHO list
Start Date: Jan '11 to april '11. A new start Aug 1 '11
I also have to figure out those trackers things. Pretty cute.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucie View Post
America has only gotten fatter after the big "Low Fat" push was thrust before us. It doesn't work long term. It is not sustainable. My body was made for eating meat.

Everyone here seems so aware of the work of Dr. Atkins in his earlier years. I thank him from deep in my heart, and I am sure he is still happy, overseeing his successes from above.

I am in total agreement of all of what you said. We are training (by way of Dr. A) our bodies to tolerate a small amount of carbs little by little by way of veggies - not the typical rhetoric of 'WHOLE GRAINS, ANY FRUIT, ANY VEGGIE, LEAN MEATS, LOW FAT DAIRY AND SUGAR". The recommendation for diabetics from the ADA makes me sick. They want you tithing the phararmacies , doctors and grain growers. I guess they learned from the Churches.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last Nite

My leg pain from the motocyle burn had gotten much worse last night close to bedtime. By then, I could barely walk.

I tried going to bed but it was throbbing. I was not sure I would be able to walk the next morning. DH was scheduled to work the next day (today) and I would be left alone. The carpet cleaner was also coming between 8-9:00.
I asked DH to take me to emergency hospital stat.

The doctor at the Hospital said I have a 2nd degree burn with cellulitis and staff infection. Nurses and doctor's rushed in to get specimens and test to see if it spread throughout my whole bloodstream. I was hooked up on IV for powerful painkillers, anti-nausea and antibiotic for an hour. I got sick anyway - they gave me another shot of anti-nausea. I spit up on my way home. Arrived home at 3:30 with some Percacets (sp?) prescriptions for more and a stronger antibiotic than what the doctor on Wed gave me. Instructions to elevate my legs, and a special liquid soap, gauze, and silvadine instead of Polysporiin. I am off work until the swelling goes down and redness goes away. The staff coudn't have been nicer and or more responsive. Luckily, noone was waiting at the hospital so I was served right away. Lesson learned... no more motorcycling with shorts and for me, stay away from motorcycles period.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hi everyone. Sorry to hear of your troubles Whitedov, hope you are feeling better today. Well, I finally found my 72 book and have been refreshing my memory this afternoon. I feel like something a little sweet so I am going to make some SF strawberry jelly. Breakfast was bacon and eggs in an oopsie and for lunch I had left over chili burgers with cheddar. No problems so far but can not wait for the energy surge to arrive. Hope everyone is doing well. The threads seem to be awfully quiet at the moment. Suppose everyone is busy having a life, lol...my life at the moment is consumed with stuff related to my diet...oh well.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
OK, jelly is in the fridge...well, I put a small one in the freezer because I don't think I want to wait to long for it to set. Anyway, I have a question about mussels...they are not included in phase1 I have a large 540g pack in the freezer and it says 0.1 carbs per 100g. Would they really be so bad? I love them with garlic butter. Do you think I should just leave them out?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I also have to figure out those trackers things. Pretty cute.
Tickers, saucie the moderates will do it for you!! when you sign on your will see there links. I think her name is Cheryl. I found out one has to be her 60 days to get one. Plus she will do it fr YOU!

After u sign in you will see her. Up top of other threads. She will be the first one you will see.

marylouise
Old 08-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hello to the two new women who have joined in the week since I have.

I am Saucie. I have a problem with Carb metabolism, and must adhere to marked CHO restriction if I want to drop some weight. Currently I am about 185, and want a 35
pound weight loss.

What does CHO stand for? I too have a problem with carb. restriction!

So, for me Atkins, as he wrote in his early books, it is all about Carbs, and only Carbs. I do not count fat grams, or total calories. I eat heavy cream several times a day as my HWC carton says NO carbs. I have it on my diet jello, and in every cup of coffee. Saucie I do not count Kcals either. I do try to keep fat high.

So the heavy cream DOES NOT interfere at all in Induction? I may be repeating myself and if I am, I am sorry. I love heavy cream is counted as a, all you want on 72'

When I did the Atkins before, losing 55 pounds (about 8 yrs ago,) I are Bacon and eggs every morning....Until I felt full. There is something about satiety after eating these two foods together. I would just forget about food until sometime in the mid-afternoon when I would realize I had not eaten since breakfast.

I also ate all the bacon and eggs at breakfast I wanted. May I ask what brand of bacon did you eat? I think it helped me lose 110 pounds, FAST! I ate Wright bacon it had sugar in it. At that time it did not stop weight lost on what I called induction. Not what nany calls induction! I have wanted to add bacon BACK

If I had eaten cereal, instead, there would have been a craving for a 2nd, or a 3rd bowl. It is just something carbs of cereal does for me. I never have that feeling when I eat FAT or PRO. It is what I do, and it works. I was able to keep the 55 pounds off for 5+ years until I began working the night shift. Now, I work only day shift, and am on my way back down so I can wear a size 10 again.

Saucie, that is all I ate too. I did drink the horrible cho. shakes. I found 2 kind of bars I liked. Saucie It is my thinking that they have changed the recipe on shakes and bars!!! The shake makes me crave sweets!!!

Works for me also!!

I do not have small children to feed, nor a husband to cook for daily. That certainly adds a challenge! My greatest hobby is cooking. But, I can do a lot of meat, fish, chicken and sauces using fats and proteins. I miss wine, but add a glass now and then. Red wine has only 2 carbs per my serving. I know they would rather not add any wine, but at times, I like it.

Go look at the list of 68 induction. I'm sorry I cant remember which page I put it one. Some drinks are INCLUDE! I think even some wine

It is so admirable for someone to have lost 95 pounds, or the 112 pounds I read about. What an accomplishment, and you should feel so much pride that you did this. Those of us who have the CHO intolerance fully understand how difficult this is, and it is so amazing to me to read that someone lost so much. You can do it again.

Saucie I hope I can loss 112 again! It was easy that time, 2002. I am finding it much harder this time

Yes so was mine!!!

Yes everyone here does know about the 72 book. I thank him a lot myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel sorry for the ppl that think a dead man can write a book. I fell for it for a short time. Even wasted my time reading the dumb book!

All of that is behind me now. I have myself back on the road to success. I am never looking back

Do you want me to re post the 68 list of food?
marylouise
Old 08-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am in total agreement of all of what you said. We are training (by way of Dr. A) our bodies to tolerate a small amount of carbs little by little by way of veggies - not the typical rhetoric of 'WHOLE GRAINS, ANY FRUIT, ANY VEGGIE, LEAN MEATS, LOW FAT DAIRY AND SUGAR". The recommendation for diabetics from the ADA makes me sick. They want you tithing the phararmacies , doctors and grain growers. I guess they learned from the Churches.

I have not a clue. It was a blind straw for them I think~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My leg pain from the motocyle burn had gotten much worse last night close to bedtime. By then, I could barely walk.

That is horrible!!!

I tried going to bed but it was throbbing. I was not sure I would be able to walk the next morning. DH was scheduled to work the next day (today) and I would be left alone. The carpet cleaner was also coming between 8-9:00.
I asked DH to take me to emergency hospital stat.

Great you went to hospital. WD when you got in the pool did you check the water for chlorine level???

The doctor at the Hospital said I have a 2nd degree burn with cellulitis and staff infection. Nurses and doctor's rushed in to get specimens and test to see if it spread throughout my whole bloodstream. I was hooked up on IV for powerful painkillers, anti-nausea and antibiotic for an hour. I got sick anyway - they gave me another shot of anti-nausea. I spit up on my way home. Arrived home at 3:30 with some Percacets (sp?) prescriptions for more and a stronger antibiotic than what the doctor on Wed gave me. Instructions to elevate my legs, and a special liquid soap, gauze, and silvadine instead of Polysporiin. I am off work until the swelling goes down and redness goes away. The staff coudn't have been nicer and or more responsive. Luckily, noone was waiting at the hospital so I was served right away. Lesson learned... no more motorcycling with shorts and for me, stay away from motorcycles period.

WD, all of that is terrible. Boy you must have burned the crap out of your leg!!!! Second degree and staff

Linda, I am so sorry that happened to you!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi everyone. Sorry to hear of your troubles Whitedov, hope you are feeling better today. Well, I finally found my 72 book and have been refreshing my memory this afternoon. I feel like something a little sweet so I am going to make some SF strawberry jelly. Breakfast was bacon and eggs in an oopsie and for lunch I had left over chili burgers with cheddar. No problems so far but can not wait for the energy surge to arrive. Hope everyone is doing well. The threads seem to be awfully quiet at the moment. Suppose everyone is busy having a life, lol...my life at the moment is consumed with stuff related to my diet...oh well.

Hi makemeslim, I think we sleep while you are awake tell me please what a oopsie is and how to make chili burgers with cheddar
Old 08-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
OK, jelly is in the fridge...well, I put a small one in the freezer because I don't think I want to wait to long for it to set. Anyway, I have a question about mussels...they are not included in phase1 I have a large 540g pack in the freezer and it says 0.1 carbs per 100g. Would they really be so bad? I love them with garlic butter. Do you think I should just leave them out?

Hi makemeslim, On the 68 food list he had, but he did not write a book on. It says no oysters on the meat list~~~

Did you see the 68 food list? I posted it here. Someone asked a food. I am gona repost it here, okdkie
Old 08-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!

This is the zero carb diet I was given by my doctor back in 1968 - before Dr. Atkins wrote the book....and I went from 160 to 122# in about 6 weeks.
It really works - but maybe because I was in my early 20's:
ON THIS DIET YOU MUST TAKE A MULTIPLE VITAMIN AND MINERAL CAPSULE

FOODS

Meat (except liver and liver sausage)
Fish (except wine sauce herring)
Seafood (except oysters)
Poultry (nothing to be breaded or floured,
No BBQ sauce or catsup)
Eggs (fixed any way)
Natural Cheese (with wax around)
(No cottage cheese, processed or yogurt)
Butter, Oleo
Fat
Salt/Pepper and other seasonings
Artificial Sweetners
Mustard & Horseradish
Mayonnaise *
Sour Cream Dressing *
Low Calorie Dressing * w/no sugar
Mushrooms (1T)
Beef or Chicken boullion broth
(No other soups)

*These items contain 2 cal. Of sugar per Tablespoon – DO NOT use excessively
** If desired as often as listed

Fried Pork Rinds (can be used as breading)
Sugar Free Gum (NO sugar free candy or other dietetic foods)
Cool Whip topping *
D-Zerta Jello and D-Zerta topping
Plain Knox Gelatin and sugar free kool-aid (mix together to make jello)
1C of lettuce (twice a day) **
NO OTHER VEGETABLES
NO FRUIT

BEVERAGES

Water (1/2 your weight in oz.)
Sugar Free Soda
Sugar Free Kool-Aid
Black Coffee and tea
Hard Liquor: (NO wine except dry vermouth, NO apricot brandy, drambouye, Southern Comfort, Liquorers)
NO regular beer
Lite Beer OK – Micholob Lite or Miller Lite

There you go. On this one I included all she said about it!
marylouise
Old 08-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Hi makemeslim, I think we sleep while you are awake tell me please what a oopsie is and how to make chili burgers with cheddar
Oopsies are made from cream cheese and not in Dr. A's 1972 Induction in case you wanted to stick to the plan. I can get you the recipe OR you can make Dr. A's Revo Rolls which is in the recipe section of the 1972 Atkins book.
I am planning on making some tomorrow if I can stand up that long but I need DH to get me eggs.

I took a Percocet this afternoon and slept 2 hrs. If I seem a little loopy on this board, you know why!

DH is picking up my new computer tomorrow. I am getting a Dell Desktop and will put that in my kitchen table. I would have gotten another laptop but the sales lady said they only last 3 yrs plus I like to do gaming and this one is more suitable for that. It is 1000 gb and a good video card with 10 gb for that. My current computer is 3.5 gb for video graphic. I got a 22" screen so maybe now I won't have to use my reading glasses to read the computer.
He has been a real sweetie through all this. He had to miss work today because of being at the hospital till 3:30 am. He went grocery shopping today too but I forgot to tell him about the eggs and I need Decaf Folgers Instant coffee. He'll pick those items up when he gets my computer. Can't wait. I'll be home a few days so at least I won't be holed up upstairs on his computer. I hate being isolated.

My leg is still red and swollen so I hope these new antibiotics and silver cream work. I am allergic to Penicillum so they had to pick one that doesn't have it.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #235
Blabbermouth!!!

brb eatin
Old 08-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oopsies are made from cream cheese and not in Dr. A's 1972 Induction in case you wanted to stick to the plan.

Yes I AM staying on 68/72 plan!

I can get you the recipe OR you can make Dr. A's Revo Rolls which is in the recipe section of the 1972 Atkins book.
I am planning on making some tomorrow if I can stand up that long but I need DH to get me eggs.

WD thank you for the reminder! I will look in book for the Dr. Atkins Revo Rolls~~

I took a Percocet this afternoon and slept 2 hrs. If I seem a little loopy on this board, you know why!

DH is picking up my new computer tomorrow. I am getting a Dell Desktop and will put that in my kitchen table. I would have gotten another laptop but the sales lady said they only last 3 yrs plus I like to do gaming and this one is more suitable for that.

Makes no sense to me why she told you that a laptop only last 3 years! What kind did you have? Mine is a laptop and I have had it since 2006 and it is a Dell

It is 1000 gb and a good video card with 10 gb for that. My current computer is 3.5 gb for video graphic. I got a 22" screen so maybe now I won't have to use my reading glasses to read the computer.
He has been a real sweetie through all this. He had to miss work today because of being at the hospital till 3:30 am. He went grocery shopping today too but I forgot to tell him about the eggs and I need Decaf Folgers Instant coffee. He'll pick those items up when he gets my computer. Can't wait. I'll be home a few days so at least I won't be holed up upstairs on his computer. I hate being isolated.

Now Linda that is a HUGE screen

My leg is still red and swollen so I hope these new antibiotics and silver cream work. I am allergic to Penicillin so they had to pick one that doesn't have it.
I hope your leg gets better soon

Dell computers are the kind I like too. If I ever have to get another one it will not be a laptop. Mine weighs a little over 7 pounds. It is a very heavy 7 pounds. I have a really good cooling fan under it. I bought it last year with birthday money.
marylouise
Old 08-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

It is still raining here!
Old 08-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML: I had a HP Pavillion. Maybe she was just sales jiving on laptops lasting max at 3 yrs. but everytime I go there, there is a long line of people waiting with their laptops in hand. I never see computer towers. So, I think the desktops are more sturdier. My SIL works on computers and he hates working on laptops. He says they get more problems, more easily. I think he might want to dabble in mine and maybe fix it up for a spare computer. Who knows? I might get it back for my spare. My DH's 9 yr old Sony desktop was unoperable and he fixed it and it's working like new. I dare not play any games on it He thinks I broke it with my game playing before.

Oh, you asked me about the chorine pool I went in last Sunday. My regular doctor said it was perfectly fine for me to try out the chorine pool because it is a great germ killer and I can continue going in - I didn't since. It peeled my dead skin off leaving it raw, wet and vunerable to infection so I'm not so sure it was a good idea. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay~~~~~~~~~~

I ate some bacon and fried eggs for supper. It was so good. I gave up trying to find it sugar free! Ate Wright bacon. I lost 112 pounds eating the stuff. We will see.

I am ackie all over. Every joint hurts, almost.

I am still having issue's with eating. Also I'm still tired. All my get up and go has got up and left
Old 08-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Okay~~~~~~~~~~

I ate some bacon and fried eggs for supper. It was so good. I gave up trying to find it sugar free! Ate Wright bacon. I lost 112 pounds eating the stuff. We will see.

WhiteDove: I can't find SF bacon either. I might have to give in and make the Oscar Mayer pre-cooked I have in fridge.

I am ackie all over. Every joint hurts, almost.
WhiteDove: I hope it's the Atkins flu and will go away. Take Advil to help.

I am still having issue's with eating. Also I'm still tired. All my get up and go has got up and left
WhiteDove: Probably because you ache. My calories for the past 2 days have been less than 1,000. I didn't even weigh myself for 2 days. I should eat something before I retire for the night. Maybe cheddar cheese and SF jello.
Closed Thread