Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #1501
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Good morning ladies! to the new ladies, what a great challenge this will be!! I lost focus yesterday and had a couple no-nos at a baby shower we had at my job yesterday for a co-worker and have knocked myself out of ketosis and gained 1.2lbs, 169.2.

My head is back in the game and I'm determined to not backtrack again...I want to see the 150's...oh, and beat MaryLouise.

Thanks for the info about the CO. I'm going to pick some up today or tomorrow when I go to the store. I remember it helped a few years ago so hopefully I will help again.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #1502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
My local grocery has organic CO in gallons now. I don't use EVCO because it stimulated cold sores but the organic, refined has been great.

I'll have to watch for a sale price.....

Hope you're all doing great.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #1503
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Good morning everyone

No change on my friendly scales. I am a little hummmm, backed up. ugh.

Hope down .2

Img607 down 1 pound....Got to watch you

Soontobesexy, Little Rock is 120 miles from me.

Nancy291 yea I have to weigh everyday. If I don't and I gain, I will be behind my weigh loss and I have to be in front of it. I am worried because in 2003 when I lost this the first time it all came back soooo fast!

Shari I for sure know how it feels to see my not-friendly scales show a gain. Cheating as in things like s/f ice cream will for sure make the scale go up.

I am keeping on keeping on and my scale will go back the other way. My stomach is causing me a problem too. I need a bowl of fiber

Hi Jem! Great to see you back from the coast. Did you find what you were going to eat..
Old 04-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #1504

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
My local grocery has organic CO in gallons now. I don't use EVCO because it stimulated cold sores but the organic, refined has been great.

I'll have to watch for a sale price.....

Hope you're all doing great.
OMG, really!!?? That's really fascinating. I've got a list of foods that trigger cold sores and ones that inhibit them, and I was told that coconut oil, with the lauric acid, would help keep them away. Wow. But Y'know, I have been using a lot more refined than EV so maybe that has something to do with getting them less. I swear I would get them at randome times and sometimes eating cocoa bark made with EVCO but I just assumed the cocoa was the trigger. The sad thing is some of my favorite foods are Arganine triggers. onions, blueberries, nuts and strawberries. Conversely the foods that prevent it are also some of my lysine abundant favorites: milk and dairy, eggs, bacon, cauliflower. When I get mouth sores it seems counterintuitive to eat cauliflower soup with cheddar and bacon, but hey, it's the prescription for healing!

Thanks, I'm gonna pay more attention to when I'm using my Virgin Coconut oil and any correlation to mouth sores.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #1505

Hope - 140
Pam - 153
Loretta - 187.4
Kitty - 157.6
Frances-166 (added some internal weights, mugged the easter bunny yesterday)
Pat--171
Img607--169
Marylouise----160 (Woman to Beat)
Jeaniem- 139.6
SgtBrownsWife----233
Shari- 168
caitlyn-163
brittany-176
Nancy291--181
Kathy-168 (-12 would be 156)
Kind--162
Soonie-212 (-12 would be 200)
luvleliz 210.7 (-12 would be 198.7)
MetQa - 134lb - -122lb
Old 04-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #1506
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
OMG, really!!?? That's really fascinating. I've got a list of foods that trigger cold sores and ones that inhibit them, and I was told that coconut oil, with the lauric acid, would help keep them away. Wow. But Y'know, I have been using a lot more refined than EV so maybe that has something to do with getting them less. I swear I would get them at randome times and sometimes eating cocoa bark made with EVCO but I just assumed the cocoa was the trigger. The sad thing is some of my favorite foods are Arganine triggers. onions, blueberries, nuts and strawberries. Conversely the foods that prevent it are also some of my lysine abundant favorites: milk and dairy, eggs, bacon, cauliflower. When I get mouth sores it seems counterintuitive to eat cauliflower soup with cheddar and bacon, but hey, it's the prescription for healing!

Thanks, I'm gonna pay more attention to when I'm using my Virgin Coconut oil and any correlation to mouth sores.

Metqa~

I have been taking Lysine for many years. When I feel one coming on, I take 5 or 7 of the pills for about a week. I try to remember to take them everyday, I fail doing that though.

My mama had one on her lip so bad that it turned into cancer and I am being as careful as I can to not follow her foot steps
Old 04-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #1507
Blabbermouth!!!

MetQa cool you joined the Beat me challenge.

I am just about eating nothing but meat. I did eat A. bars yesterday. But those help me not hurt me. Well I know they have garbage in them. I have not been eating them this year. I just had to have a few because I don't have any of my CO candy.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #1508
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/173/120
WOE: stillman weekdays/Atkins week-ends
Start Date: September 2nd 2014
OK MaryL. i keep seeing you mention this CO candy. How do you make it? And the chocolate version is the one I'd be interested in.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #1509
Blabbermouth!!!

Need to talk.....

That s/f ice cream has me really messed up!. I don't cheat. Cheating leads to no good outcome. I am so disappointed in myself. At this moment I detest myself.

It's really kind of stupid. Can I tell the most stupid part? I knew at the time I would be working hard to kick 12 to the curb. I knew I wanted to beat this challenge. I knew no good outcome would happen. I knew I can not cheat, but I did it anyway!

My mouse is blinking on my screen. Minutes are ticking into the past. I am trying to understand why I just HAD to have that dat gum s/f ice cream! GOSH I am so mad at Marylouise I can hardly stand it!!

That one cheat may take me weeks to get over the crud that entered my body the moment I took my first BITE

I need to find the cause of bad eating and the cure in order to maintain my loss for the rest of my life. This has me so scared of regaining. The reason why I stuff myself with no-no FOOD!

OH, oh I just remembered why I just had to have that gross ice cream!

I saw someone say they had found a way to satisfy there need for ice cream. It was s/f pudding and Almond milk. YES this is why I bought the ice cream. It went into my mind and my mind started dragging me down with these horrible thought.

I have ALWAYS said mixing up food gets you into trouble.
I have always know it makes weight loss stop and gain start! Things that you have throw, ice cream, always back firs and I pay the price.

I must NOT EVER do this again!!!!!!!!!

Mixed up foods include ice cream. YEP, you have to stir things together, to get the non forgiving horrible poison into your body!

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Last edited by marylouise; 04-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: corrected sentence.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #1510
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello Frances. I saw you light go on :-)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #1511
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
OK Marylouise. i keep seeing you mention this CO candy. How do you make it? And the chocolate version is the one I'd be interested in.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #1512
Blabbermouth!!!

This is way I make it. It took me several tries to get it right and I didn't measure anything. I have just been going by the way it looks.

Melt CO till warm. Add sweetner and vanilla flavor, if you like vanilla.

Add 100% cocoa, the kind you like best.

If your oil gets too cold and it will not mix up correctly.

OH I also put a pinch of salt in it. Salt marries candy's real well...

I bought a little cup cake pan And some papers and spooned my candy into each cup. Get the cold fast and put in sealed bag or whatever you want to put them in. And they MUST stay cold..

Get a need for a chocolate fix, open fridge pop in mouth and move on.

I also have been putting 1 or 2 in my coffee about 4 times a day.

OH me this would be classified as a mixed food. DANG!

Well I will continue on with this unless I see it is causing me a problem!

Tarrah is the one that told me about the little paper cup way to do it. From what I have seen several just pour if out and break it up into pieces. I don't like doing that.

It is really very easy to make once you get the hang of it...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #1513
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Need to talk.....

That s/f ice cream has me really messed up!. I don't cheat. Cheating leads to no good outcome. I am so disappointed in myself. At this moment I detest myself.

It's really kind of stupid. Can I tell the most stupid part? I knew at the time I would be working hard to kick 12 to the curb. I knew I wanted to beat this challenge. I knew no good outcome would happen. I knew I can not cheat, but I did it anyway!

My mouse is blinking on my screen. Minutes are ticking into the past. I am trying to understand why I just HAD to have that dat gum s/f ice cream! GOSH I am so mad at Marylouise I can hardly stand it!!

That one cheat may take me weeks to get over the crud that entered my body the moment I took my first BITE

I need to find the cause of bad eating and the cure in order to maintain my loss for the rest of my life. This has me so scared of regaining. The reason why I stuff myself with no-no FOOD!

OH, oh I just remembered why I just had to have that gross ice cream!

I saw someone say they had found a way to satisfy there need for ice cream. It was s/f pudding and Almond milk. YES this is why I bought the ice cream. It went into my mind and my mind started dragging me down with these horrible thought.

I have ALWAYS said mixing up food gets you into trouble.
I have always know it makes weight loss stop and gain start! Things that you have throw, ice cream, always back firs and I pay the price.

I must NOT EVER do this again!!!!!!!!!

Mixed up foods include ice cream. YEP, you have to stir things together, to get the non forgiving horrible poison into your body!

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
So, Might we deduct from this the scale didn't move today
Old 04-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #1514
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So, Might we deduct from this the scale didn't move today
Yea I guess you can deduct that fact: cry:

12 crys 4 no weight change
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #1515
Major LCF Poster!

Well don't worry, mine didn't move either! My splurge Sunday made your splurge look like a starvataion diet

I get these thoughts right before any new diet or challenge that this it! Eat now because you won't be eating for a long time. So I get Buffet mentality. I'd like to stop that. I'm much better than I used to be though. Because in the past i would restart evey day, therefore gaining tons of weight just by thinking I'm starting a diet tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #1516
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yea I guess you can deduct that fact: cry:

12 crys 4 no weight change
there is the one that didn't get into that last post!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #1517
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well don't worry, mine didn't move either! My splurge Sunday made your splurge look like a starvataion diet

I get these thoughts right before any new diet or challenge that this it! Eat now because you won't be eating for a long time. So I get Buffet mentality. I'd like to stop that. I'm much better than I used to be though. Because in the past i would restart evey day, therefore gaining tons of weight just by thinking I'm starting a diet tomorrow.
I have some ppl in my family that does that. It is kind of counter productive
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #1518
Blabbermouth!!!

There are NO tomorrows. You know the rest of that~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #1519

So What brand of Sugar Free Ice Cream do you eat, MaryL? I've got some Carbsmart in my freezer. I like to make that cocoa bark, but instead of letting it freeze, I pour it over the icecream like magic shell!

ETA: Chocolate Bacon Peanut Bark- Basically they just added peanuts and bacon to their cocoa bark... I think I'll add slivered almonds and crispy bacon to my next batch...

Last edited by metqa; 04-12-2012 at 11:24 AM..
Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #1520
Blabbermouth!!!

[QUOTE=metqa;15575439]So What brand of Sugar Free Ice Cream do you eat, MaryL? I've got some Carbsmart in my freezer. I like to make that cocoa bark, but instead of letting it freeze, I pour it over the icecream like magic shell![/QUOTE

Kroger s/f brand. I have seen a few do as you are talking about. I am not going to EVER eat it again!!!

MetQa do you have a min. To tell us the amount of things that go into the CO candy. I have not been measuring it and it always comes out tasting a little different each time. BUT it is always
Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #1521

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
So What brand of Sugar Free Ice Cream do you eat, MaryL? I've got some Carbsmart in my freezer. I like to make that cocoa bark, but instead of letting it freeze, I pour it over the icecream like magic shell!

Kroger s/f brand. I have seen a few do as you are talking about. I am not going to EVER eat it again!!!

MetQa do you have a min. To tell us the amount of things that go into the CO candy. I have not been measuring it and it always comes out tasting a little different each time. BUT it is always
I think the Kroger brand still has a lot of carbs right?.. I haven't looked in a while. Breyers' Carbsmart is Super Evil Expensive but lower in carbs, so I splurge every couple of months ( when it's on sale for only $3)

I use 1/4 cup oil, 1.5T Hershey's Dark Powder, a splash of vanilla, and 8t equiv sweetener( I use 2 scoops of stevia and 2 drops of EzSweetz, but you can use powdered splenda, erythritol, stevia, xyltol, some use Davinci syrup...I use the most concentrated to reduce water/oil separation). Been using this ratio from the start over a couple of years ago, maybe...
I will either make bark or put it into a squeeze bottle to drizzle over Low Carb Ice cream, or make it and dip clouds into the syrup for a chocolate covered bon-bon candy.

Quote:
CREAM CHEESE CLOUDS
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2-3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda *
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring

Beat everything with an electric mixer until fluffy. Drop by bite-size spoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour. Store in the freezer and eat frozen.

Makes 24 clouds

* I didn't think they were quite sweet enough with 1/2 cup so I used liquid Splenda to equal 3/4 cup granular. The counts are based on 3/4 cup Splenda.

NOTE: You can store these in the refrigerator and they will hold their shape quite well as long as they are good and cold.
After freezing them, dip them in cocoa bark syrup and place on waxed paper to solidify. I stick a toothpick in the bottom in order to tip the top or completely submerge it for a full coating, or you can hold it and dip it sideways for a black/white effect.

Last edited by metqa; 04-12-2012 at 12:06 PM..
Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #1522

Gallery: soontobesexy'ntx
Stats: 208/206/???
WOE: HCG/OWL plan
Start Date: which time??
long as we're talking sweets dont forget Atkins cheesecake!
16 oz sour cream
1 pkg cream cheese
1 box SF jello pudding any flavor (lemon makes cheesecake flavor)
let cream cheese sit out to soften
with ele mixer beat together sour cream and cream cheese til blended
add pudding powder and mix again
(I have used a fork and hand mixed its ok too)
chill
enjoy
You can use any flavor pudding I like chocolate or butterscotch
Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #1523
Major LCF Poster!

yum Yum and YUM again! Those recipes sound great!

i guess we do need to have a backup plan for cravings. They sound great! I was thinking that almond milk might be a nice addition to the CObark too!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #1524
Blabbermouth!!!

Metqa~ Gosh you think? I haven't checked it. I can't believe I did not check it. It said sugar free and I got it
Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #1525
Blabbermouth!!!

NO wonder I am still messed up with it. I am an idiot. I can call me~self that.

I will be tons more careful if I EVER do get ice cream again

Frances it is a good idea to have carb safe back-up.

Atkin's cheesecake. Is this induction friendly? Now I know the s/f cream is not friendly either for induction. I am just wondering....

Bacon in Chocolate.....HUMMMMM

Cream cheese clouds? SOUNDS

Thanks for the recipe Metqa. BUT I am gona be real careful with that cream cheese. Some brands have sugar in them
Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #1526
Blabbermouth!!!

And thank you too soontobesexy
Old 04-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #1527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy623
Stats: Highest 199/150/148
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: January 2003
Hello Everyone and Hello MaryLouise!!!

Posted new stats today! Good old fashioned Atkins: meat, eggs, some pork rinds, sf jello, one cup lettuce, cheese in red wax, and water-tons and tons of water with lemon and tons of ice!!!!!!

coffee-two cups-but have to use half and half!!!!

MaryLouise--you always motivate and give the best advice in the entire world so now it is my turn to talk to you!!!

drink a lot of water!!!! water water water

It will wash away fluff and cleanse the inners!!! Also, it will get things a movin!!!!

I bet you will tell me that you feel like a new person tomorrow!!! I chew on one piece of SF gum in the evening and make one cup of green tea. I will gnaw on my knuckles before I eat after dinner!!!! Just doesn't work for me!!!

You can drink the water---think of LC and calories (somewhat) for a few days-no hwc
Well, atleast after supper!!!

You are our rock sweetheart!!!!

Love ya all,
Kathy

President of the WE MaryLouise Fan Club

Ok OK !!!! I know, I elected and appointed myself!!!!!

A year from now, you may wish you had started today~Robert Schuller
Old 04-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #1528
Blabbermouth!!!

KATHY

Water Water water hummmmmmm

Sounds wet...

I LOVE to swim in water. Drinking water not so much. BUT I will do it FOR YOU

Look at what Cheri just did for me!

That pix in the middle is me and my mama. I have NO memory of ever being that BIG! I had a two story how at that time. I do remember having to help my legs by pulling on the hand rail. Its a wonder I did not die before I started losing!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #1529
Blabbermouth!!!

Gosh this stuff is WET! UGH
Old 04-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #1530
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you Cheri!

I love being able to look at my mama everyday now. She went to be with God Oct. 26, 2004. I miss her so badly. Mama my heart aches for you. She would be very happy for me. She worried about my being so over weight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by marylouise; 04-12-2012 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: added hugs
Closed Thread