Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
ML says: Linda you can't boil veggies unless you are going to drink the water you boiled them in. Steam keeps nutrients in veggies best. Plus do not over cook anything~you want it to still be alive.

I didn't boil them - my girlfriend's husband did. I can't tell them how to cook food silly. Why aren't you yelling about the calories?

ML says: Did you enjoy your eggs this morning?
nope, I ate them for you......

I wasn't thinking about who or where they were boiled

Good u ate 4 me~~ur body said thanks :-)

Last edited by marylouise; 08-01-2011 at 09:30 PM..
marylouise is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
I lOVE THIS POST
Me love me man
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
nite ladies
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,537
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
OMG! It's 12:30 am. I gotta get to bed. I have 270 miles to drive to work tomorrow. I'll be on in the morning if I wake up in time. Nite!
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #125
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
Gallery: saucie
Stats: 188
WOE: I don't use net carbs. give me the whole CHO list
Start Date: Jan '11 to april '11. A new start Aug 1 '11
I am new to this board, but I am not new to Dr. Atkins. I have always had good weight loss with marked CHO restrictions. The last time I needed to lose was about 8 years ago. I lost about 55 pounds in a 9 month period, always keeping my CHO's at less than 40. I kept it off for 5 years without trouble.

Then, I began working 12 hr night shift. Bingo! 35 pounds came on within 3 months. Now, I am never working the night shift again in my life, so I am again on the original Dr. Atkins Plan from years ago.

Let me tell you how disappointed I was to go to the Atkins web site. The leaders have changed his Plan, and I felt no comfort there. I don't think they even know about the original Atkins Plan.

I don't count calories, fat grams, or anything else except carbs, and don't give me the "net carbs". Every time I use them, I come out of ketosis. The Atkins web site only refers to everything in Net Carbs. Maybe it works for some......NOT for me.

So, my weight is now 184, and I want to be at 150. I eat lots of cheese, and get my carbs from the vegetables on my salads, and from the dairy products I eat. I love milk so much that some days I figure my 16 gms of CHO in the full-fat whole milk I drink every week or so. I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee, and eat all the meat and fish I want. I eat a middle-eastern type of thick, thick yogurt and has more fat and is thicker than Greek Yogurt. Sometimes I use this as my dessert, with Splenda over it, and sometimes, I put Olive oil on it with Salt and pepper. My worst problem is that I miss Ice Cream, but when I am in the swing of Atkins, I don't even think about the Ice Cream.

It is nice to read all your entries. Look forward to following your successes. Saucie
saucie is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:01 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,537
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucie View Post
I am new to this board, but I am not new to Dr. Atkins. I have always had good weight loss with marked CHO restrictions. The last time I needed to lose was about 8 years ago. I lost about 55 pounds in a 9 month period, always keeping my CHO's at less than 40. I kept it off for 5 years without trouble.

Then, I began working 12 hr night shift. Bingo! 35 pounds came on within 3 months. Now, I am never working the night shift again in my life, so I am again on the original Dr. Atkins Plan from years ago.

Let me tell you how disappointed I was to go to the Atkins web site. The leaders have changed his Plan, and I felt no comfort there. I don't think they even know about the original Atkins Plan.

I don't count calories, fat grams, or anything else except carbs, and don't give me the "net carbs". Every time I use them, I come out of ketosis. The Atkins web site only refers to everything in Net Carbs. Maybe it works for some......NOT for me.

So, my weight is now 184, and I want to be at 150. I eat lots of cheese, and get my carbs from the vegetables on my salads, and from the dairy products I eat. I love milk so much that some days I figure my 16 gms of CHO in the full-fat whole milk I drink every week or so. I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee, and eat all the meat and fish I want. I eat a middle-eastern type of thick, thick yogurt and has more fat and is thicker than Greek Yogurt. Sometimes I use this as my dessert, with Splenda over it, and sometimes, I put Olive oil on it with Salt and pepper. My worst problem is that I miss Ice Cream, but when I am in the swing of Atkins, I don't even think about the Ice Cream.

It is nice to read all your entries. Look forward to following your successes.

Saucie


Hi Saucie and
Nice intro you wrote and all of us agree that the Atkins board is pretty much for those that go by the new book NANY (New Atkins for a New You). If you mention any other Atkins woe, you are ignored or yelled at. I can't seem to lose unless I stay with low total carbs either. For us, we're going back to the "original" plan and giving that a shot. In the past, it worked for us, we'll see if it works now. May I ask what CHO is? I"m sure it means something with carbs.
__________________
Blue Topaz
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,537
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
I forgot to check my keto stick this morning but the scale shows a 2 lb loss! I managed to get 2 scrambled eggs fried in ghee this morning and coffee with CO. I must head out to work now. I"ll be home late but I'll be back on here. Have a wonderful day girls!
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucie View Post
I am new to this board, but I am not new to Dr. Atkins. I have always had good weight loss with marked CHO restrictions. The last time I needed to lose was about 8 years ago. I lost about 55 pounds in a 9 month period, always keeping my CHO's at less than 40. I kept it off for 5 years without trouble.

Hi saucie, Welcome from all of us to this thread! What is CHO?

Then, I began working 12 hr night shift. Bingo! 35 pounds came on within 3 months. Now, I am never working the night shift again in my life, so I am again on the original Dr. Atkins Plan from years ago.

The original plan is the best for us also! Night work is a real weight loader

Let me tell you how disappointed I was to go to the Atkins web site. The leaders have changed his Plan, and I felt no comfort there. I don't think they even know about the original Atkins Plan.

You are 100% correct about the Atkins site. I lost 39 so fast. The day I found Atkins was the beginning of my weight loss stop! I lost 5 pounds and wasted so much time there. I am so thankful we have all found each other here! I met and made a few friends there. But as you said the second you try to talk about anything that is not NANY you will be ignored or stepped on. saucie~The ones that control that site are in NANY~~

I don't count calories, fat grams, or anything else except carbs, and don't give me the "net carbs". Every time I use them, I come out of ketosis. The Atkins web site only refers to everything in Net Carbs. Maybe it works for some......NOT for me.

Some of us, myself being one of them~are doing what is biologically zero carbs. It is the only way I can get close to being in Ketosis! Is to do zero carbs. Did you see the list of food on his 1968 diet plan~ before he wrote the 72 book? I do try to keep my fat up. I drink Coconut Oil with my coffee. It has been helping my stubborn bowels. I also read on Internet CO is a great source of nutrients for our brains. They are doing research about the many health benefits of CO. I have been using it since 2006. It is a great sun blocker. I don't use any of the skin blockers they have on the market. I have a swimming pool and I can tell you it really works!! I try to spend from 2 hrs. to 6 hrs in my pool. I do not get sunburned. I do not have a pale complexion. I have always be fast to tan. I don't like my skin to be white. I love brown skin

So, my weight is now 184, and I want to be at 150. I eat lots of cheese, and get my carbs from the vegetables on my salads, and from the dairy products I eat. I love milk so much that some days I figure my 16 gms of CHO in the full-fat whole milk I drink every week or so.

Have you ever tried Almond Milk? I was drinking it~I stopped because I was worried about it preventing weight loss. Do you have any input to this?

I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee, and eat all the meat and fish I want. I eat a middle-eastern type of thick, thick yogurt and has more fat and is thicker than Greek Yogurt. Sometimes I use this as my dessert, with Splenda over it, and sometimes, I put Olive oil on it with Salt and pepper. My worst problem is that I miss Ice Cream, but when I am in the swing of Atkins, I don't even think about the Ice Cream.

saucie the heavy cream do not hinder your weight loss? I love heavy cream in my coffee and a few others like it also. We are concerned it will stop us from getting into ketosis! This is wonderful news I too love yogurt~it has many health benefits in it! So it also does not interfere with your ketoses state!!!!!
It is nice to read all your entries. Look forward to following your successes. saucie


~~~~~
You will be a blessing to this thread
Welcome to the journey of success with us
I read your post again just now. saucie~~~ I think you have a wealth of info.
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
I forgot to check my keto stick this morning but the scale shows a 2 lb loss! I managed to get 2 scrambled eggs fried in ghee this morning and coffee with CO. I must head out to work now. I"ll be home late but I'll be back on here. Have a wonderful day girls!



Them eggs you are eating for me must be helping. You have to have energy to live. Without it we die. The energy must come from a source. That source will be from what you eat or drink or from your reserve stored in your body. If your body thinks it is starving it will go into starvation mode. You will not loss weight on Atkins like that.
This is my opinion anyway~ from what I have read~~~I do not believe your loss was from your LOW Kcals~~ saucie said she does not look at Kcals. I did when I was on the Atkins site. I no longer do. I haven't since I arrived here. WD~~~~ I have not been logging food. I am looking at zero~ WHOLE CARB~thank you saucie~ from this day forward!
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

I just got off the phone with Equate. I called them two days ago and asked if the Fiber Therapy had any sugar or carbs in it. I was floored by how she answered my 2 Q's.

She called me back a short while ago. Guys yall are gona be as floored as I was with her answers! She said NO SUGAR! Then she said and to answer your Q about carbs they do have carbs in them. She said the fiber was CONSITERED AS CARBS!!!!

This statement proves SAUCIE is correct


HERE COMES THAT BIG PICTURE AGAIN!

ALSO READ PAGE 16 AGAIN~~PLEASE
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
JENNA WHERE U AT?
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 439
Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi Saucie, Welcome to this site. You will love the support and information. So far I have lost 5.5 lbs in 6 days.
Hi Whitedove, long drive today for you.

Hi ML....
Lindaboca is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Hi Saucie, Welcome to this site. You will love the support and information. So far I have lost 5.5 lbs in 6 days.
Hi Whitedove, long drive today for you.

Hi ML....
LINDA WE DID NOT UNDERSTAND YOU HAD LOST 5.5 POUNDS!!! WE BOTH SAW YOU SAY YOU HAD LOST THE WEIGHT. I THOUGHT YOU MEANT SINCE BEING ON ATKINS TOTAL! I SAW WD ASK YOU ABOUT TIME FRAME. YOU DIDN'T SAY AND I FORGOT ABOUT IT!!!!!

LINDA-B THAT IS FANTASIC!!! NEWS!!! U GO GIRL!!!!
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 439
Gallery: Lindaboca
ML I have been off and on the plan for 3 weeks, then I got serious so it's not such a great loss considering. But thanks to ML I am on target now. My clothes fit a little bit looser too, but to pose for Playboy, I think not.
Lindaboca is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!
 
jenna...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,017
Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
JENNA WHERE U AT?
Around but backed up with work right now.

I'm still putting my plan together and foods.
jenna... is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
ML I have been off and on the plan for 3 weeks, then I got serious so it's not such a great loss considering. But thanks to ML I am on target now. My clothes fit a little bit looser too, but to pose for Playboy, I think not.

I wrote a few words! You~~ Linda-b did all the work
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna... View Post
Around but backed up with work right now.

I'm still putting my plan together and foods.

Cool~~~~~I thought we had lost you. Don't work too hard! It's too hot to do very much. I love swimming. I have to have hot to swim. I do not like it when it is too hot to swim!

You do read back, right. I don't want you to miss what is behind you!
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
I just got off the phone with Equate. I called them two days ago and asked if the Fiber Therapy had any sugar or carbs in it. I was floored by how she answered my 2 Q's.

She called me back a short while ago. Guys yall are gona be as floored as I was with her answers! She said NO SUGAR! Then she said and to answer your Q about carbs they do have carbs in them. She said the fiber was CONSITERED AS CARBS!!!!

This statement proves SAUCIE is correct


HERE COMES THAT BIG PICTURE AGAIN!

ALSO READ PAGE 16 AGAIN~~PLEASE

I could not hold self back. I had to say it twice
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Page 36. If you are in a hurry to lose, you are better off to restrict quantities, but not when it gets to the point where you have to put up with being deprived. Then it just doesn't pay.

I felt moved to put this in here. I have always thought the more one ate the faster one would loss. I thought I read this somewhere in 72'. Input~~~ I have been making myself eat. I felt sick to my stomach last night and the night before looking down at my baked chicken and my new cheese wrapped in wax.

Is any one else feeling like that too?

Last edited by marylouise; 08-02-2011 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: added text
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,537
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Jenna: How is your husband's motorcycle burn?

Mine isn't doing so good. The skin peeled off since Sunday and has been seeping today (running down my leg) even with Neosporin. I went to the drugstore and talked to the pharmacist and she said she had one too. She recommended Neosporin and gauze bandages to cover and change every hour and to go to the doctor. My boss said today you're going to gyno on Friday; maybe you can have her give you something then. It was his motorcycle! Thanks a lot for caring, boss. If it were you, you would be crying like a baby.

So, I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow to my regular doc's office. I"ll email him in the morning. hmmmmph.

Linda B: Considering everything, your weight loss is to be celebrated! I would love to lose 5 or more pounds.

ML: My appetite has been cut in 1/2 since going original 1972 Atkins and I am happy for it. I can be a real eating machine when I eat the normal American diet. The more carbs, the more hungry I get. I feel like I have control now.

Did we lose Saucie?
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Now I don't think we lost her. It sounded like she worked 12 hour shifts. I do recall her saying she was not going to ever work at night anymore. I'm sure she will be back
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Jenna: How is your husband's motorcycle burn?

Mine isn't doing so good. The skin peeled off since Sunday and has been seeping today (running down my leg) even with Neosporin. I went to the drugstore and talked to the pharmacist and she said she had one too. She recommended Neosporin and gauze bandages to cover and change every hour and to go to the doctor. My boss said today you're going to gyno on Friday; maybe you can have her give you something then. It was his motorcycle! Thanks a lot for caring, boss. If it were you, you would be crying like a baby.

So, I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow to my regular doc's office. I"ll email him in the morning. hmmmmph.

I am very glad you are going to doc. It can get infected real easy!

Linda B: Considering everything, your weight loss is to be celebrated! I would love to lose 5 or more pounds.

ML: My appetite has been cut in 1/2 since going original 1972 Atkins and I am happy for it. I can be a real eating machine when I eat the normal American diet. The more carbs, the more hungry I get. I feel like I have control now.

Me Too

Did we lose Saucie?
u have mail
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,537
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
u have mail
When I pull it up, it's a blank page. Please re-send it.
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,753
Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
did
marylouise is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,537
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Day 4 - Atkins 1972-8/2/11

I did ****** for today.

My calories are at: 1294
Carbs: 11 grams
Fat: 101 grams
Protein: 81 grams

Not trying to eat low calories, it's what I am hungry for. Dr. A says eat until satisfied, don't overeat.
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 02:38 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
Gallery: saucie
Stats: 188
WOE: I don't use net carbs. give me the whole CHO list
Start Date: Jan '11 to april '11. A new start Aug 1 '11
Hi, this is Saucie.
Thank you so much for all your responses to my thread. I felt like an alian over at the Atkins web site, so don't go there any more.

I have no itea how I found this site. I think I was looking for a certain kind of PRO powder to make a quick breakfast drink to drink on my way to work, and somehow clicked on the site. Then I couldn't remember how to get back. ???

I am glad to find others who KNOW how Dr. Atkins intended his research to be accepted. I am going from memory, but I think I still have his books, and will review them. I have a couple of his VHS tapes about his food plan, and I even have a small TV that will still play VHS so I can review them, as well.

I only know that his plan I followed 10 years ago worked for me. I followed my Cholesterol numbers during the 9 months while I was eating bacon and other fats, and my total numbers became very low (117) even with the "terrible fats" that I ate during the entire process. I never accepted the low-fat concept of weight loss after that. We have been very mis-led by the pyrmid concept that taught the more grains, the better. (Mary Lou Henner, are you listening)

My friend from England is the one who really started me eating full-fat foods, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, ect. They are not so low-fat driven in that country, and embrace the healthy milk fats. Do you realize how hard it is to find full-fat yogurt at the markets? I don't want to be a bad influence by suggesting foods not on the program.

It is difficult for me to be in Ketosis unless I do a zero-carb induction, but once I go to 40 CHO total for the day, I still lose, and am not very purple.

Thank you for sharing your progresses. I envy those of you who are disicplined enough to eat your meals and not nibble in between times. That is not my eating style, and I think one reason I choose Atkins if the first place was because I didn't have to worry about total calories, and always had something "free" I could eat and not interfer with my weight loss, or the burning of my own body fat.

I love Dr. Robert Atkins, and the way he stuck his neck out to teach what he believed. It is interesting to see that his plan keeps coming up as a tried and true method of weight loss, even this many years after his death.
saucie is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 02:51 AM   #147
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
Gallery: saucie
Stats: 188
WOE: I don't use net carbs. give me the whole CHO list
Start Date: Jan '11 to april '11. A new start Aug 1 '11
Hi, this is Saucie

I use Horizon organic heavy whipping cream, and my carton shows NO carbs. I can only drink coffee with real cream,..no sweetner. Yummy. I also pour a little of this over my sugar free jello for a dessert. Oh, how I love desserts. If I were a chef, it would be a dessert chef. Now, I eat cream cheese with Slenda on it, and consider it my cheese cake dessert. my Regular philly cream cheese has 1 gm of CHO per oz, and I have about 3 ozs for my dessert.
saucie is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
Gallery: saucie
Stats: 188
WOE: I don't use net carbs. give me the whole CHO list
Start Date: Jan '11 to april '11. A new start Aug 1 '11
thanks for mentioning the CO. I had forgotten it. Do you get the solid type in the jar? I have seen it at Whole Foods. Do you use it in place of Olive Oil? I do my scrambled eggs in EVOO, and butter combo. I need to come up to date with the CO.
saucie is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:21 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,537
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucie View Post
thanks for mentioning the CO. I had forgotten it. Do you get the solid type in the jar? I have seen it at Whole Foods. Do you use it in place of Olive Oil? I do my scrambled eggs in EVOO, and butter combo. I need to come up to date with the CO.
Good Morning saucie:

Yes, CO comes only in solid jars. You can get it unflavored or coconut flavored. Walmart also sells it now. I have tried both but to fry eggs, I like the unflavored and I put a little butter in with it like you're doing only with olive oil. Coconut flavor would be good in hot drinks or in baking. Maybe a Thai or Indian hot meal. I think the better ones are organic expeller pressed.
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,537
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucie View Post
Hi, this is Saucie.
Thank you so much for all your responses to my thread. I felt like an alian over at the Atkins web site, so don't go there any more.

I have no itea how I found this site. I think I was looking for a certain kind of PRO powder to make a quick breakfast drink to drink on my way to work, and somehow clicked on the site. Then I couldn't remember how to get back. ???

I am glad to find others who KNOW how Dr. Atkins intended his research to be accepted. I am going from memory, but I think I still have his books, and will review them. I have a couple of his VHS tapes about his food plan, and I even have a small TV that will still play VHS so I can review them, as well.

I only know that his plan I followed 10 years ago worked for me. I followed my Cholesterol numbers during the 9 months while I was eating bacon and other fats, and my total numbers became very low (117) even with the "terrible fats" that I ate during the entire process. I never accepted the low-fat concept of weight loss after that. We have been very mis-led by the pyrmid concept that taught the more grains, the better. (Mary Lou Henner, are you listening)

My friend from England is the one who really started me eating full-fat foods, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, ect. They are not so low-fat driven in that country, and embrace the healthy milk fats. Do you realize how hard it is to find full-fat yogurt at the markets? I don't want to be a bad influence by suggesting foods not on the program.

It is difficult for me to be in Ketosis unless I do a zero-carb induction, but once I go to 40 CHO total for the day, I still lose, and am not very purple.

Thank you for sharing your progresses. I envy those of you who are disicplined enough to eat your meals and not nibble in between times. That is not my eating style, and I think one reason I choose Atkins if the first place was because I didn't have to worry about total calories, and always had something "free" I could eat and not interfer with my weight loss, or the burning of my own body fat.

I love Dr. Robert Atkins, and the way he stuck his neck out to teach what he believed. It is interesting to see that his plan keeps coming up as a tried and true method of weight loss, even this many years after his death.

You're spot on with everything you said. Dr. A did add more veggies in the DANDR 2002 version. But I think it was a response to all the beat downs he got with his 1972 version as more of a compromise to doctors screaming that people need to eat more vegetables. His 2002 worked for me in 2009 but it took 9 months. I am not getting any younger
BlueTopaz is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.