Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Magnesium Oxide before bed 500 mg worked like a charm for years but lately it's not. I used up my bottle. I'll try ML's suggestion of coconut oil in the morning.

Remember I added a tablespoon or two a day to get up to 6 to 8 a day in. I just now had a blessing!
It took me 4 days:blush:

I'm getting the Mag. Oxide to take at night. I have stubborn habits!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
ML you are right about CO. I forgot and consumed some late at night. Couldn't sleep well. But it does keep you going of you know what I mean.

Did it make you feel hot??

It does me, at night.

But I love it~~
Old 08-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi Whitedove and ML I have been on and off the plan for 2 weeks. Last week was the first week on plan, no cheating. I started last Thursday. I am not hungry so I have to force myself to eat. Does that mean I am in ketosis? I haven't counted carbs because there aren't any yet. Am cooking for hubby now and have no desire to even taste it. I get night sweats anyway so not sure CO caused them. I have been taking CO for about 2 months now. After I finish cooking I will go to the gym even if it is only on the bicycle.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jenna.
ML I am good to go if you know what I mean using the CO. Thanks for clearing up the 72/68 issue. I am right with you. So glad we have the books to check out the page numbers.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Hi Whitedove and ML I have been on and off the plan for 2 weeks. Last week was the first week on plan, no cheating. I started last Thursday. I am not hungry so I have to force myself to eat. Does that mean I am in ketosis? I haven't counted carbs because there aren't any yet. Am cooking for hubby now and have no desire to even taste it. I get night sweats anyway so not sure CO caused them. I have been taking CO for about 2 months now. After I finish cooking I will go to the gym even if it is only on the bicycle.
According to ketosis symtoms: appetite suppressant is one of the key elements. Sometimes people don't test well on strips but it doesn't mean you are NOT in Ketosis.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ML: Can't get mad - that's why I'm on this board to listen to advice.
I've never been a breakfast eater and decided to force down eggs for awhile but that did nothing for my weight loss.

As I'm writing, I am having 2 range free eggs fried in CO and butter with 1 sheet of Steak Ums.
Good for you
I know Steak Ums is processed meat but I looked, no sugar.
What Is Steak Ums?
I am not a stay at home woman and don't have time to cook meat every day.
jenna cooked , I think 9 pounds over the weekend
I was going to make Oscar Mayer bacon but I see they have sugar in it yet they say 0 carbs. Nope - not having it. We'll give breakfast a try.
That is GREAT!

You're right. I looked at my Milk of Magnesia bottle and sucrose is listed next to last of the ingredients.
They have it sugar free. If you are brave~go on and give it a try. Tasted like fish fresh caught

I believe the co-efficient here is also exercise which I have been stalling on. I had 2 UTI's for the past month plus TOM so I haven't really been doing structured exercise. That I need improvement on, big time.
Why and how could you have had two UTI's in a month? May I say a word here?

When I get to work, I'm going to try to remember to measure myself. My tape measure is at work. My boss is on Atkins at least during the week when I'm watching him. He's losing but not as fast as the 1st time because he cheats on weekends.
Does your boss KNOW how dangerous that is? Cheating on Atkins is not a very good idea. Do the math. Think about why it is dangerous. Me is very, very serious!
He is 5'6" and weighs 280 lbs -last reading. He was up to 320 lbs when I first starting working for him.
I take that back it is very, very, very, very dangerous. He is gona get in trouble
I drive him nutz on my diets. He doesn't exercise at all. Just had a pool built but he just wades in it and kicks his legs and waves his arms. He also smokes so he doesn't have enough breath to swim regular laps.
Linda ask him this Q: Have you ever tried to pour warm grease down a cold pipe?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Any comments about substituting crystal light for the Kool aid on 68 version ? Also I will try the salami. We'll see what happens.
ML hope you are swimming. If I had a pool I would be there. Yesterday rain, today fairly hot.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
According to ketosis symtoms: appetite suppressant is one of the key elements. Sometimes people don't test well on strips but it doesn't mean you are NOT in Ketosis.

I have went purple only one time. It was 2002. My daughter in law stayed purple. I lost faster than she did!

Linda she is right. You do get un~hungry
Old 08-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Any comments about substituting crystal light for the Kool aid on 68 version ?
Does the crystal light have Aspartame in it? What will you use to sweeten the Kool Aid?
Also I will try the salami. We'll see what happens.
I bet you it has sugar in it. If it does it will reveres you back to carb burning. Call the company~Ask them if it has sugar in it

ML hope you are swimming.

If I had a pool I would be there. Yesterday rain, today fairly hot.
I am going to swim in a hour or so. Swim watching the sun go down. That will give me a few hours in pool!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

LINDA-B I GOT SURPRISE IN MAIL

THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU ARE SO SWEET
Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda-b Wendesday is the third
Old 08-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Ok I am convinced , no salami it is. The 68 sheet says sugar free KOOL aid. I assume it already has the additives in it to make it sweet??? I hope I can at least have that if no salami.(stamping her foot, being a baby} I miss our e-mails. Heard from Mimi or Shellbaby?
Old 08-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Thursday David and I will have been married 42 YEARS

AUGUST 4TH 1969

We had to go across the bridge into Memphis, Tennessee. We went to the court house and got our licences. They would not marry us in Arkansas. You see David was 16. When my mama got to the court house she said Marylouise why does he have to have both parents and you only have to have one. She had not gotten out of the car yet. I leaned into the window and said mama he is 16 years old. Her eyes got as big as silver dollars. Mama said Marylouise you have lost your mind. I said no mama I have just found it. Then I said GET out of the car. She did as she always did~she minded me. I was 18

I found a justice of the peace in the phone book and we went to the closest one. He was a car dealer for a Dodge dealership downtown Memphis. While he was marrying us, I got tickled. My brother was with us as a witness. All three of us starting giggling. We could not stop. The man stopped and looked up at us and said~If yall don't stop laughing I will not marry yall. Talk about putting on a straight face. I was like stone. When he was finished David asked him how much he owed him. The man told him and it was a lot of money in 1969. David said I only have 20 dollars. He took the money.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok I am convinced , no salami it is. The 68 sheet says sugar free KOOL aid. I assume it already has the additives in it to make it sweet??? I hope I can at least have that if no salami.(stamping her foot, being a baby}
YOU ARE SO CUTE!!!!!
I miss our e-mails. Heard from Mimi or Shellbaby?
no not yet....I miss them too

You PUT a smile on this old face and a big giggle...
Old 08-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda-b u have mail :-)

And Yes drink ur kool aid :-)

Last edited by marylouise; 08-01-2011 at 03:44 PM..
Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

What acute story ML, And look how long you have been together. Happy Happy anniversary to you both on the 4th. are you going to do something special. You deserve it. Left a little message on FS for Mimi. I hope she contacts you. I told her I was doing a combo of 72 and 68.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Thursday David and I will have been married 42 YEARS

AUGUST 4TH 1969

We had to go across the bridge into Memphis, Tennessee. We went to the court house and got our licences. They would not marry us in Arkansas. You see David was 16. When my mama got to the court house she said Marylouise why does he have to have both parents and you only have to have one. She had not gotten out of the car yet. I leaned into the window and said mama he is 16 years old. Her eyes got as big as silver dollars. Mama said Marylouise you have lost your mind. I said no mama I have just found it. Then I said GET out of the car. She did as she always did~she minded me. I was 18

I found a justice of the peace in the phone book and we went to the closest one. He was a car dealer for a Dodge dealership downtown Memphis. While he was marrying us, I got tickled. My brother was with us as a witness. All three of us starting giggling. We could not stop. The man stopped and looked up at us and said~If yall don't stop laughing I will not marry yall. Talk about putting on a straight face. I was like stone. When he was finished David asked him how much he owed him. The man told him and it was a lot of money in 1969. David said I only have 20 dollars. He took the money.

I lOVE THIS POST
Old 08-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What acute story ML, And look how long you have been together. Happy Happy anniversary to you both on the 4th. are you going to do something special. You deserve it. Left a little message on FS for Mimi. I hope she contacts you. I told her I was doing a combo of 72 and 68.
I seen her today on Atkins board so she is back. I just got home from work and a dinner date with my GF and her husband. I wrote back to her saying welcome back.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML: Steak Umms are sold in grocery stores here in PA. Just steak sandwich sheets of beef that you fry.

Jenna works too? My weekend was busy so I made a chicken for this week and ate it today. I still have some left over too for tomorrow.

If I see Milk of Magnesia sugar free - I'll get it and swallow the bait!

(2) UTI's...well, I got my 1st one, doc gave me the same antibiotic he did 3 yrs ago when I had a UTI. Took it for 7 days. 2 days afterwards, it came back and I bled so much w/pain - I thought I got my TOM at the same time - all this in the middle of the night. I went back and had to get a urine test this time and wait 4 days until the lab report came back to see what bacteria it was - so they could prescribed me the right antibiotic. It turned out I had E-coli in the bladder. He prescribed Cipro for 10 days and finished up. Two days later, I got TOM. Needless to say, DH and I were roommates for about a month

I told my boss that it is dangerous to do High Fat and High Carbs at the same time even if it's for 1 or 2x a week. He said he didn't do too high of carbs...a hamburger roll and Pepperidge Farm Bread thins. He doesn't listen to me and I don't want to sound wifey but I point out every risk he takes. I am his bookkeeper and tell him not to spend but he does anyway. I feel like I am raising a teenage boy sometimes and he gets rebellious.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 3 - Atkins 1972 Stats

I can't believe how low my calories are! ML is going to have a fit.
Also, my friend and her husband cooked me a big meal and didn't do low carb so I did the best I could and turned down half the items. But here it is.

B: 2 range free eggs fried in CO and butter, 1 steak um sheet
L: chicken leg and thigh, 3 cucumber slices
D: Veal cutlet (breading scraped), 3/4 cup salad w/blue cheese dressing
4 slices of boiled zucchini
S: SF Strawberry Jello w/2 T whipped cream

Cal: 841
Fat: 45.5
Carb: 6.7
Protein: 94

Fat: 49%
Protein-48%
Carb: 3%

I am not hungry with so little calories. Maybe I am in ketosis too. I hope.
I was busy today. Mopped kitchen floor, cleaned store, did bookkeeping for 2 companies, took a 1 mile walk with friend. She's going to come to my house every Monday and we're going to do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and some of my other exercise DVD's. I'm glad to have a exercise buddy for motivation.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Yall, whats up

Are we all doing good tonight?

To anyone New reading:

On zero carb for up to two weeks. It will be longer only if I have not gotten into Ketosis. I have cut my carbs down to what is biologically zero. This is my third whole day. I am showing a trace of ketones. I have lost one pound. I'm not going to weight again for one complete week.

The first time I did this was 1972. The second time I did this was 2002. The third time I did this it was 2011, March. After I had been on this WOE for two weeks I added eight green olives. Around two weeks later I added salad greens and Bragg Vinegar and EVOO.

I'm taking a multivitamin and other things everyday.

You will continue to take baby steps a gram of carb at a time until you reach your CCL. Some ppl can add back 50 to 60 maybe more. I don't know how much I will be able to add back until I get to my CCL.

I am doing 1972, with 68 induction

Old 08-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I seen her today on Atkins. I don't think she will move. Just don't know. She had a little tiff with blue eyes. Things are sparkling over there. As always

Ladies I have read until my eyes said ENOUGH

Thank you Linda-B

We wrote a song together, a long while back. The title is :
PEOPLE SAY OUR LOVE WANT LAST~~~~~~~
GUESS WE PROVED THEM WRONG AT LAST

David was playing in a band when we first met. He plays rhythm guitar and writes love songs. Our oldest song also played drums. The youngest started on bass and went to guitar, all three of them have been singing together for a long time I love it when they get together. Our youngest son's 2 oldest kids sing also. The oldest plays many instruments.

We been rocking a long time. David has been playing since he was 11
Old 08-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I lOVE THIS POST
We have had many wonderful years together. Me wantin 42 more

No we ant gone do anything special. Everyday is special to us
Old 08-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I seen her today on Atkins board so she is back. I just got home from work and a dinner date with my GF and her husband. I wrote back to her saying welcome back.

You did send her a post? Thats so cool!!! Did you say anything about where we are?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
You did send her a post? Thats so cool!!! Did you say anything about where we are?
I sent her a post to welcome her back but didn't mention anything else. She hadn't written since early today. I'm sure she's getting chores done from just being home from her trip.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I can't believe how low my calories are! ML is going to have a fit.
Also, my friend and her husband cooked me a big meal and didn't do low carb so I did the best I could and turned down half the items. But here it is.

B: 2 range free eggs fried in CO and butter, 1 steak um sheet
L: chicken leg and thigh, 3 cucumber slices
D: Veal cutlet (breading scraped), 3/4 cup salad w/blue cheese dressing
4 slices of boiled zucchini

Linda you can't boil veggies unless you are going to drink the water you boiled them in. Steam keeps nutrients in veggies best. Plus do not over cook anything~you want it to still be alive.
S: SF Strawberry Jello w/2 T whipped cream

Cal: 841
Fat: 45.5
Carb: 6.7
Protein: 94

Fat: 49%
Protein-48%
Carb: 3%

I am not hungry with so little calories. Maybe I am in ketosis too. I hope.
I was busy today. Mopped kitchen floor, cleaned store, did bookkeeping for 2 companies, took a 1 mile walk with friend. She's going to come to my house every Monday and we're going to do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and some of my other exercise DVD's. I'm glad to have a exercise buddy for motivation.

Did you enjoy your eggs this morning?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I sent her a post to welcome her back but didn't mention anything else. She hadn't written since early today. I'm sure she's getting chores done from just being home from her trip.
She got back today. She has her own thread now. That is where her and blue eyes came close. It was really several of them that came running in. They reminds me of fleas

Mimi was having to defend what her topic was about. Not one person that I saw had any words of empathy or shared any good advice

It really was like a pack of dogs with fleas
I wanted to reach out and bite them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think she would love it here. And I really hope no one finds us here.
They could be in the shadow's waiting to jump on us

The thing is we all used same name and same avatar But me ant giving no more thought than I just did.

HEYLinda-b June bug sent me a buddy request on FS. I did accept. Not gona say anything til she does. And I am not telling her where we are at. I like June. She is a very nice person, I just would regret it if the fleas started makin us itch

WD~~~ do you know June?

Last edited by marylouise; 08-01-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Old 08-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML says: Linda you can't boil veggies unless you are going to drink the water you boiled them in. Steam keeps nutrients in veggies best. Plus do not over cook anything~you want it to still be alive.

I didn't boil them - my girlfriend's husband did. I can't tell them how to cook food silly. Why aren't you yelling about the calories?

ML says: Did you enjoy your eggs this morning?
nope, I ate them for you......
Old 08-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Read e-mail.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedove 1208 View Post
ML: Steak Umms are sold in grocery stores here in PA. Just steak sandwich sheets of beef that you fry.

Sounds good!

Jenna works too? My weekend was busy so I made a chicken for this week and ate it today. I still have some left over too for tomorrow.

If I see Milk of Magnesia sugar free - I'll get it and swallow the bait!

(2) UTIs...well, I got my 1st one, doc gave me the same antibiotic he did 3 yrs ago when I had a UTI. Took it for 7 days. 2 days afterwards, it came back and I bled so much w/pain - I thought I got my TOM at the same time - all this in the middle of the night. I went back and had to get a urine test this time and wait 4 days until the lab report came back to see what bacteria it was - so they could prescribed me the right antibiotic. It turned out I had E-coli in the bladder. He prescribed Cipro for 10 days and finished up. Two days later, I got TOM. Needless to say, DH and I were roommates for about a month
Ouch!! I had had them on and off all my adult life. But E-coli? That is weird. Never would have thought that.
I hope it does not bother you again

I told my boss that it is dangerous to do High Fat and High Carbs at the same time even if it's for 1 or 2x a week. He said he didn't do too high of carbs...a hamburger roll and Pepperidge Farm Bread thins. He doesn't listen to me and I don't want to sound wifey but I point out every risk he takes. I am his bookkeeper and tell him not to spend but he does anyway. I feel like I am raising a teenage boy sometimes and he gets rebellious.

At least you gave him sound advice. Men~ sometimes they are the most hard headed Martians
Closed Thread