Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
GOING PURPLE DIRECTION~~~SHOWING TRACE~~~~~ SECOND DAY~~ POSITIVE

DOING ATKINS 1972/WITH 68' FOOD LIST~~~HE USED WITH PATIENTS THAT HAD HUNDREDS OF POUNDS TO LOSE!

Last edited by marylouise; 07-31-2011 at 09:15 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
GOING PURPLE DIRECTION~~~SHOWING TRACE~~~~~ SECOND DAY~~ POSITIVE
WOOT!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

JENNA~~~~~YOU ARE HERE!!! kool:-)
Old 07-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

jENNA~~~~ Is there a way to revise the name of a thread??
Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

I don't think so.

We could start a new one with the food lists and let this go. You can pm an admin and ask for it to be deleted.

Or we can make this a monthly thread and start a new one for August - whatever name you want.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

I am so happy. I feel so in wonder of all the wonderful days in front of me. I did not think I could get my weight loss started again. March 1, 2011 when I started this journey again to reclaim my life~I really didn't think I would be able to do it. From March 1, 2011 to May 15, 2011 I lost 39 pounds. I stopped off on a different path in May. I was lost out there in CyberLand. I have found my way back again. In the time I was away I lost 5 pounds. Plus those 5 pounds were lost in the same time frame.

I am so very happy I found LCF. Well I found LCF about 3 weeks before whitedov found me and led me back here again!!

As of today I have lost 45 pounds. 43 more to go to reach goal
Old 07-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna... View Post
I don't think so.

We could start a new one with the food lists and let this go. You can pm an admin and ask for it to be deleted.

Or we can make this a monthly thread and start a new one for August - whatever name you want.

I have had a few minutes to think about it. No~ lets just leave it the way it is.

jenna~~~~life is wonderful again

jenna~~~~ I feel it to my toes~~~I will finish this and I will do my VERY BEST to never~ever let this happen to me again. WOE 4 life
Old 07-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

I wished LCF had a Like Button.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:56 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I wished LCF had a Like Button.
I wish LCF had a peace smillie
Old 08-01-2011, 05:10 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning LCF,

Lets get moving:kicking :

Started my day with 3 cups of coffee and 3 tablespoons CO!
Chicken breast, a big one I did remove the feathers

Going swimming today even if I have to tie a rope on myself and pull myself outside.

Third day in: And as biologically close to zero carbs as possible.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

GMO's

What are some of the criticisms against GMO's

Environmental activists, religious organizations, public interest groups, professional associations and other scientists and government officials have all raised concerns about GM foods, and criticized agribusiness for pursuing profit without concern for potential hazards, and the government for failing to exercise adequate regulatory oversight. It seems that everyone has a strong opinion about GM foods. Even the Vatican19 and the Prince of Wales20 have expressed their opinions. Most concerns about GM foods fall into three categories: environmental hazards, human health risks, and economic concerns.

Environmental hazards

Unintended harm to other organisms Last year a laboratory study was published in Nature21 showing that pollen from B.t. corn caused high mortality rates in monarch butterfly caterpillars. Monarch caterpillars consume milkweed plants, not corn, but the fear is that if pollen from B.t. corn is blown by the wind onto milkweed plants in neighboring fields, the caterpillars could eat the pollen and perish. Although the Nature study was not conducted under natural field conditions, the results seemed to support this viewpoint. Unfortunately, B.t. toxins kill many species of insect larvae indiscriminately; it is not possible to design a B.t. toxin that would only kill crop-damaging pests and remain harmless to all other insects. This study is being reexamined by the USDA, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other non-government research groups, and preliminary data from new studies suggests that the original study may have been flawed22, 23. This topic is the subject of acrimonious debate, and both sides of the argument are defending their data vigorously. Currently, there is no agreement about the results of these studies, and the potential risk of harm to non-target organisms will need to be evaluated further.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Monday, August 1, 2011

Good Morning Girls!

Slept well and took a shower this morning. Peeled off dead skin and put Neosporin on it. It stings a little (like needles) but no bleeding. How's that for gross 1st thing in the morning? I'll ride it out and if it doesn't heal, I'll go to doc.

Used keto strip this morning - nope, not a trace. Weighed myself - still 150 lbs. I even took Milk of Magnesia yesterday because I was a little stuck I went all day. And still at the same weight? Shoot!

We shouldn't use "Aug" because there is another thread that is July on this 1972 Atkins thread and they probably will make it August. Don't want to cause rivalries.

You know what blows my mind? On the other board, when someone is stalled, they yell at them for not eating enough veggies. Yet, the principal behind Atkins 1972 (and 1968) is the less carbs, the better. I've read up to chapter 4 and Dr. A did just a meat and water diet and it didn't work for him. So, is just a little in the beginning optimal? I don't know.

ML: You keep mentioning OWL. OWL wasn't invented in the 1972 version. It's levels until you reach CCL (critical carb level).

I love the part of the book that these people are eating over 3,000 calories. Even a man that ate 5,000 calories and still lost weight. Of course, he was a man and weighed 500 lbs to start. I'm just wondering if my total calories yesterday was too high so that's why I didn't lose. So, in Dr. A's 1972 book, he seems to say calories don't count. But...in his next book 2002 DANDR - he says "Calories do Count". So, is the logic this .....

1972 Version: he has you eating less carbs, so calories don't count?
2002 Version: he has you eating more carbs, so calories do count?

In school, I was always asking questions. Some things never change!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:24 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

GMO's

There are many questions that must be answered if labeling of GM foods becomes mandatory. First, are consumers willing to absorb the cost of such an initiative? If the food production industry is required to label GM foods, factories will need to construct two separate processing streams and monitor the production lines accordingly. Farmers must be able to keep GM crops and non-GM crops from mixing during planting, harvesting and shipping. It is almost assured that industry will pass along these additional costs to consumers in the form of higher prices.

Secondly, what are the acceptable limits of GM contamination in non-GM products? The EC has determined that 1% is an acceptable limit of cross-contamination, yet many consumer interest groups argue that only 0% is acceptable. Some companies such as Gerber baby foods42 and Frito-Lay43 have pledged to avoid use of GM foods in any of their products. But who is going to monitor these companies for compliance and what is the penalty if they fail? Once again, the FDA does not have the resources to carry out testing to ensure compliance.

GMO's are very dangerous! It is already in some baby food and milk!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Good Morning Girls!

Slept well and took a shower this morning. Peeled off dead skin and put Neosporin on it. It stings a little (like needles) but no bleeding. How's that for gross 1st thing in the morning? I'll ride it out and if it doesn't heal, I'll go to doc.

Used keto strip this morning - nope, not a trace. Weighed myself - still 150 lbs. I even took Milk of Magnesia yesterday because I was a little stuck I went all day. And still at the same weight? Shoot!
Milk Of Mag has sugar in it!!

We shouldn't use "Aug" because there is another thread that is July on this 1972 Atkins thread and they probably will make it August. Don't want to cause rivalries.
Not going to change anything~~

You know what blows my mind? On the other board, when someone is stalled, they yell at them for not eating enough veggies.
That is why I could not loss on NANY!! Yes they did YELL LOUDLY!!

Yet, the principal behind Atkins 1972 (and 1968) is the less carbs, the better. I've read up to chapter 4 and Dr. A did just a meat and water diet and it didn't work for him. So, is just a little in the beginning optimal? I don't know.
Right the less carb the better!!

ML: You keep mentioning OWL. OWL wasn't invented in the 1972 version. It's levels until you reach CCL (critical carb level).
It was, but he called it the second phase~~~and second level. Gee, it was in the old days. And it is CCLL (Critial Carb Level for Losing). I believe in 72 the levels go up t 5.

I love the part of the book that these people are eating over 3,000 calories. Even a man that ate 5,000 calories and still lost weight. Of course, he was a man and weighed 500 lbs to start. I'm just wondering if my total calories yesterday was too high so that's why I didn't lose.
I think you ate too many carbs and hidden sugar So, in Dr. A's 1972 book, he seems to say calories don't count. But...in his next book 2002 DANDR - he says "Calories do Count". So, is the logic this .....

Linda that is the big picture. The AMA was ready to hang Dr. Atkins so he changed up his diet. You will still lose, but much slower

1972 Version: he has you eating less carbs, so calories don't count?
2002 Version: he has you eating more carbs, so calories do count?

In the 1972 he says to eat until you are full, but not stuffed~~

In school, I was always asking questions. Some things never change!
Linda keep hidden sugar, bread, lunch meat, different cheeses, Pizza and anything else you think want hurt your weight loss out of your diet.If it is not in the book, don't eat it. 1972 you will lose. 1968 you will lose faster. Dandr never read it...

Linda I don't think you are eating enough fat. You don't eat breakfast. Your Kcals were not too much~~~
This is just my thoughts~~

I'm sorry, but I really don't think you are eating enough food. :blush: You must keep fat and meat going in to make body continue to burn fat~~~
I think your body is in starvation mode.

Please don't get mad at me~~ I'm still learning~~reading~~changing~~understanding~~
Old 08-01-2011, 06:06 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

bathroom issues

Use more CO! You will go, that I promise. I am drinking it too late at night. It speeds up one's metabolism. It also makes you hot!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:11 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes they did make it August~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML: Can't get mad - that's why I'm on this board to listen to advice.
I've never been a breakfast eater and decided to force down eggs for awhile but that did nothing for my weight loss.

As I'm writing, I am having 2 range free eggs fried in CO and butter with 1 sheet of Steak Ums. I know Steak Ums is processed meat but I looked, no sugar. I am not a stay at home woman and don't have time to cook meat every day. I was going to make Oscar Mayer bacon but I see they have sugar in it yet they say 0 carbs. Nope - not having it. We'll give breakfast a try.

You're right. I looked at my Milk of Magnesia bottle and sucrose is listed next to last of the ingredients.

I believe the co-efficient here is also exercise which I have been stalling on. I had 2 UTI's for the past month plus TOM so I haven't really been doing structured exercise. That I need improvement on, big time.

When I get to work, I'm going to try to remember to measure myself. My tape measure is at work. My boss is on Atkins at least during the week when I'm watching him. He's losing but not as fast as the 1st time because he cheats on weekends. He is 5'6" and weighs 280 lbs -last reading. He was up to 320 lbs when I first starting working for him. I drive him nutz on my diets. He doesn't exercise at all. Just had a pool built but he just wades in it and kicks his legs and waves his arms. He also smokes so he doesn't have enough breath to swim regular laps.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 08-01-2011 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: editing
Old 08-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi all. Please if you change threads let me know. It took me too long to figure this one out. I haven't measured yet. Too afraid to see the numbers. I am still focused on staying on plan. So far I am on target. However I finally weighed myself and to date have lost only 4.5 lbs. I am not that hungry so haven't been eating a ton. Didn't eat salad as iceberg lettuce is so unappealing to me. Will try today. Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

ML you are right about CO. I forgot and consumed some late at night. Couldn't sleep well. But it does keep you going of you know what I mean.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Whitedove, you are right. Exercise is the coefficient here. I am sooo lazy when it comes to that. My hubby even got me a trainer and I have only gone once. He is an exercise freak and of course a skinny.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Hi all. Please if you change threads let me know. It took me too long to figure this one out. I haven't measured yet. Too afraid to see the numbers. I am still focused on staying on plan. So far I am on target. However I finally weighed myself and to date have lost only 4.5 lbs. I am not that hungry so haven't been eating a ton. Didn't eat salad as iceberg lettuce is so unappealing to me. Will try today. Have a good day everyone.
Congrat on losing 4.5 lbs. When did you start?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

1st day for me.

Breakfast was an.... Egg Cream (I cut the cream to 1/2 TBSP)

I take Magnesium about a 1000 mg a day and it keeps me regular during very low carb. I suggest you start with 500 mg it takes about a day to work.

Today weight was 232.5

I need to find my '72 book.

My plan is keep it simple and eat fat and protein.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Whitedove, you are right. Exercise is the coefficient here. I am sooo lazy when it comes to that. My hubby even got me a trainer and I have only gone once. He is an exercise freak and of course a skinny.
I feel lazy too lately but it's also a matter of feeling good to do it. My husband doesn't exercise, eats potato chips and sweets and is too skinny.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
1st day for me.

I take Magnesium about a 1000 mg a day and it keeps me regular during very low carb. I suggest you start with 500 mg it takes about a day to work.

Today weight was 232.5

Magnesium Oxide before bed 500 mg worked like a charm for years but lately it's not. I used up my bottle. I'll try ML's suggestion of coconut oil in the morning.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
1st day for me.

Today weight was 232.5

I also was taking Magnesium. The bottle I have says: mag.400mg zinc 15mg.

Other ingred : DEXTROSE

Now I ask one Q? WHY do they think they have to put sugar in a pill that you are only going to swallow!!!!!

Time to LEARN
Old 08-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I take just the Magnisium Oxide... the best going power. Cheap and efficient.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

One more Q.

The sheet from 68 says 1 C of lettuce (twice a day)

NO OTHER VEGETABLES~~OKAY

1972 book says on page 137 Two small salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad.
Plus....green olives.

1972 book says on next page 138:look down at the bottom of the page>

He has listed 17 Salad Material sooooooo~~~~~

So I am askin a good Q? If one did the 1972 how do they read this information?

Personally I am not eating any salad now. I am zero carb. But when I do or if others are using 1972 book, how does it read to others hummmmm?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I take just the Magnisium Oxide... the best going power. Cheap and efficient.
Are you saying the one I have has added indreg. right? I can get without added stuff. I have not even looked. My hubby does most of the shopping. I was just on phone with him. He is getting me some cheese with wax!!!

Okay good information. Thanks
Old 08-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

jenna and WD thank yall very much!!!

See I was taking that stuff. A couple of weeks ago I handed the bottle to my sister to take some. She read the label. Me, I'm half blind. She said MARYLOUISE it has sugar in it!
I said NO.... :-(
Old 08-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Linda-b~~~~
We aren't gone change thread. No worries.

May I ask how long did it take to lose 4.5lbs?

Linda you could go on and eat a few leaves of the leaf lettuce you got. Wrap it around a piece of cheese. Be good for you, yummy

Don't forget on page 26 he said the more he ate~~the more he lost
Closed Thread