Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna... View Post
Thank you for the welcome linda and marylousie!

I need to dig out my '72 book and start bookmarking.

I'm cooking a couple of pork shoulders today - about 9lbs worth. some chili and an enchilada bake. I'll be able to feed my DH without having to do any cooking for a while. Have plenty of cheese on hand and will make a crustless quiche in a giant muffin pan for my grab quick grab.

I'm drinking my usual morning breakfast of a coconut oil egg cream .... ummmm... made with extra strong tea.

My stats are: Age 55, 234lbs and 5'7.5". Goal 142 ish. My picture is from last fall before I regained 60lbs

Gonna love this!
jenna~~~~~I live in Tennessee today. This fall we are moving back to Arkansas

What is egg cream? Is that extra strong tea/GREEN?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 12:06 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Picture

The picture I have up as my Avatar was taken by me in 2007. I had gained some weight back by then. My dog Cricket has also gained weight. She is a inside dog. She never goes outside. I know that is a horrible thing to do to a dog. I'm ashamed of myself for doing it. I have changed the amount and way I feed her. She is getting less now, but she is hungry all the time. Been thinking strongly about putting her on Atkins! I did add a little CO to her food for about a week. It just made her hungrier. Cricket is around 4 pounds too heavy. She is 10 years old. Cricket is part Pom/Terrier. She has lost a few ounces, but it is way wrong for her to be hungry all the time!!

I am going to change my picture. I am going to put the one up that was taken last summer at pool side. My best guess is I am about 45 pounds less today. I don't have a today pix of me in my computer.....hummmmm
Maybe I do....

List coming next~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-31-2011, 12:32 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
I'm in Southern California - just north of Malibu. The area I live in has rolling hills and Oak Trees. Dry in the summer and wet in Jan - March.

I had a friend whose dog -chiuaia was overweight. They dropped her food intake and she lost weight. Her hunger eventually went away as she got used to eating less.

Typos excused all around.

My Egg Cream and morning hit of Caffeine

I use a Ninja for this. I add ingrediants and Mix and add and Mix to get the CO really blended in as it's a cold drink.

A large glass of extra strong cold tea ( I use Paradise Tropical Tea - same kind Cheesecake Factory uses)
1 tbsp of frozen heavy cream
1 tbsp of CO
4 heaping little spoons of Stevia
1 large egg

Add cold Tea, frozen HC and CO and Mix, add Egg and Mix, add Stevia and Mix.

I used to put 1 tsp vanilla in it but found the vanilla triggered hunger in me 45 minutes later. I dropped the vanilla down and down and then did away with it and honestly it tastes just as creamy good without it.

Some people put cinnamon in egg creams and other spices.

... KETOSIS TAKE ME AWAY...

Last edited by jenna...; 07-31-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm in Southern California - just north of Malibu. The area I live in has rolling hills and Oak Trees. Dry in the summer and wet in Jan - March.

I had a friend whose dog -chiuaia was overweight. They dropped her food intake and she lost weight. Her hunger eventually went away as she got used to eating less.

Typos excused all around.

My Egg Cream and morning hit of Caffeine

I use a Ninja for this. I add ingrediants and Mix and add and Mix to get the CO really blended in as it's a cold drink.

A large glass of extra strong cold tea ( I use Paradise Tropical Tea - same kind Cheesecake Factory uses)
1 tbsp of frozen heavy cream
1 tbsp of CO
4 heaping little spoons of Stevia
1 large egg

Add cold Tea, frozen HC and CO and Mix, add Egg and Mix, add Stevia and Mix.

I used to put 1 tsp vanilla in it but found the vanilla triggered hunger in me 45 minutes later. I dropped the vanilla down and down and then did away with it and honestly it tastes just as creamy good without it.

Some people put cinnamon in egg creams and other spices.
I do hope Cricket's hungry subsides.

Rolling hills and Oak Trees~~~it sounds like a wonderful place to live

Thank you for info on egg cream.

I am sorry to say this, but if you want to speed up your weight loss hold the cream for a while, I am doing his diet before his 72' book/along with his list from 1968. As soon as you start OWL~ it can be the first thing you add back. We should chose the thing we miss the most when we start climbing the ladder~~~

This morning my first void I checked for Ketones~ no change. But the scales changed. Seeing that one whole pound gone to CyberLand was the best gift I have given to myself in a long time.

Remember he says in the 72' book to stay on Induction for a minimum of two weeks. He also says we can stay on Induction as long as we want too.

When we move to OWL, you deliberately slow your weight loss as you introduce more variety in nutrient~dense carbohydrate foods. As long as we continue to lose weight we gradually increase our carb intake.

We are going to be searching for our Critical Carbohydrate Level for Losing.
Our CCLL~~~

But, for now we are going totally carbless.

Remember Cheese with Red wax around it is a eat all you want food. And all the meat, eggs we want. But we don't want to stuff ourselves.

If you are Metabolic Resistance~ you my want to drop the Iceberg Lettuce also.

I am going to post the list. I had to stop and do a few household chores. Plus~ put my chicken in the oven with CO and EVOO
Old 07-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Ohhhhh 1968 Version! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
:

We are using Diet Revolution~with one small difference. I am going by 1968 also pre~book. Remember that sheet I posted? The sheet is a hand guide/with 1972.

Now I know where you're coming from... 1968 Pre-book Atkins.

Okay....I'm going back to 1972 Atkins way. Since I work long hours and commute long distances, I can't give up lunch meat completely. We stop at a pizza restaurant for lunch twice a week. The boss owns and I get salad with steak sandwich meat, or chef salad w/lunch meat. Dr. A says it ok with the 1972 version so that's what I'm using.

By the way, FRESCA is my favorite diet drink - the very first one I ever drank was when I had my 1st job. They had it in glass bottles at work. I'm going to get myself some at the store. Thanks for the reminder. Yes it has aspartame but I won't abuse it. Besides, I never had any side effects from artificial sugar.

Jenna: Blessings for liking the egg creams. I tried it and couldn't get pass the raw egg thing. Have you just started Atkins 1972 or pre-book 1968 version?

Speaking of Harley's - I got myself a Harley tattoo last Thurs. I was offered to go for a ride by one my bosses workers, got on and my inside calf touched the tailpipe and I have an awful round burn . I was wearing shorts. This afternoon, I went in my daughter's pool this and the dead skin started to peel and left it exposed. OUCH! I put Neosporin for burns on it just now.

Will Linda B be joining us later?
Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Remember he says in the 72' book to stay on Induction for a minimum of two weeks. He also says we can stay on Induction as long as we want too.

:
I guess I'm doing rogue 1972 Atkins.

Where in the 1972 version do you see 2 weeks minimum on induction? Chapter 13, Page 141 he is talking about 1 week. On page 144 he says "This diet is fixed only for a week". He is talking about LEVEL ONE - Induction. I"m getting confused

Besides, you labeled this thread Dr. Robert Atkins Zero Carbs 1972 and you're doing 1968 pre-Atkins book. Please explain....these lack of carbs must be affecting my brain cells.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

I found this on LCF. Someone else posted it. I have searched for this list for many years!!

This is the way I lost 17 pounds in 1972. I lost 17 pounds in two weeks!!
I am very serious about this. This is the list our doctor gave my dad in 1972, before Dr. Atkins book came out "Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution".

ON THIS DIET YOU MUST TAKE A MULTIPLE VITAMIN AND MINERAL CAPSULE!

FOODS

Meat (except liver and liver sausage)
Fish (except wine sauce herring)
Seafood (except oysters)
Poultry (nothing to be breaded or floured,
No BBQ sauce or catsup)
Eggs (fixed any way)
Natural Cheese (with wax around)
(No cottage cheese, processed or yogurt)
Butter
Fat
Salt/Pepper and other seasonings/read very carefully, look 4 hidden sugar.
Artificial Sweetners
Mustard & Horseradish
Mayonnaise * I am going to make my own.
Sour Cream Dressing *
Low Calorie Dressing * w/no sugar
Mushrooms (1T)
Beef or Chicken boullion broth
(No other soups)

*These items contain 2 cal. Of sugar per Tablespoon – DO NOT use excessively
** If desired as often as listed

Fried Pork Rinds (can be used as breading)
Sugar Free Gum (NO sugar free candy or other dietetic foods)
Cool Whip topping *
D-Zerta Jello and D-Zerta topping
Plain Knox Gelatin and sugar free kool-aid (mix together to make jello)
1C of lettuce (twice a day) **
NO OTHER VEGETABLES
NO FRUIT

BEVERAGES

Water (1/2 your weight in oz.)
Sugar Free Soda
Sugar Free Kool-Aid
Black Coffee and tea
Hard Liquor: (NO wine except dry vermouth, NO apricot brandy, drambouye, Southern Comfort, Liquorers)
NO regular beer
Lite Beer OK – Micholob Lite or Miller Lite

This is the LIST I keep referring too. This is my handbook/with the 72' book
Old 07-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

I'm looking forward to seeing the list for 1968. I used to love FRESCA! ummmmm....

I'm a Tea and Water drinker. Never got into the coffee habit and gave up soft drinks some years ago.

I'll try my ice tea drink with no cream tomorrow... it'll be interesting...

I have the cheese - gouda - nicely encased in red wax

OUCH - I know the tailpipe burn really hurt. Hope it heals quickly with the 'sporin.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

RE: The list

Looks good except for some reason pork rinds make me gain... must be the high sodium in them.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jenna: Are you doing the 1968 pre-Atkins book or the 1972 Atkins?
Old 07-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi Whitedove . Yes I am doing the 72 version. I also need to read the book more throughly . I had asked about salami and I guess we can have it but maybe not in copious amounts. I have not given up my Crystal Light as it states sugar free KoolAid so it has to be about the same. It was listed on the sheet ML sent me. It's a bit different than the 72 book.
ML you are in fat burning mode. Good for you. Whitedove, I feel the same way you do, a little sceptical but I am going to keep with it. I am really tired today so hope it's my body changing over to fat burning mode.
Off to read the book now and follow it, not the sheet.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Whitedove, do you want to be called that name or Linda? I can be Linda B.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi LindaB!

Everyone can call me WD to avoid confusion.

I also started reading Atkins 1972 a few minutes ago. Husband wants me to bake him something so now I'm back in the kitchen w/my computer and scalded milk cooling off.

The 1972 version is strict enough for me and if my husband doesn't see me eating at least some veggies, he will have a fit. I only have 10-15 lbs I'd like to see gone so I'm hoping the 1972 version will help.

Still waiting for ML to clear up my confusion!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Drink More CO For Brain Cells :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
I guess I'm doing rogue 1972 Atkins.

Where in the 1972 version do you see 2 weeks minimum on induction? Chapter 13, Page 141 he is talking about 1 week. On page 144 he says "This diet is fixed only for a week". He is talking about LEVEL ONE - Induction. I"m getting confused

Besides, you labeled this thread Dr. Robert Atkins Zero Carbs 1972 and you're doing 1968 pre-Atkins book. Please explain....these lack of carbs must be affecting my brain cells.

After much reading I decided for me and anyone else that wants to kick start their weight loss, to use the 68 list/with the 72 book. I am not excluding the 1972 book. I am including the 68 sheet with/72 book

In bringing up the Thread's name, you are correct. I have wished I had titled the thread to include the 68' sheet he had everyone on before he wrote the 72' book~~ Now you have me seeing stars.

I bet you are fun to be around

On page 144~5th paragraph he says: Now it is time to evaluate whether or not you may progress to level two. Are you ready to add a few grams of carbohydrate? I'm not ready. Everyone needs to find their on READY~~~

I did see the words {stay on induction for a minimum of two weeks}.
I will find them. I know Induction is usually one week. The word usually is a BIG word to me~~~

Still on page 144 he asked a few Q's: and if you are answering yes to all these Q's, then you are ready for the second stage of your diet- what I have labeled the second level.

I am 100% sure I also read the words MIMIMUM of two weeks in the 72' book. And as me said~me will find them there words

One Q is r u purple yet? A. NO
Do I have more energy? A. NO
Am I still un~hungry? A. NO
Have I stopped eating at night? NO

Page 145: If you answered YES to these Q's THEN you are ready for the second stage of your diet~~~~~

I read of a man that stayed on 72' for over a year! Every time Dr. A tried to add carbs back the man stop losing and started gaining. I will find that page too

Look at it like this: Everyone has a different amount of fat to throw away. I had 100 pounds. When I make the 150 goal, I will be lowering my weight goal. I will get to a good weight. My doctor told me I should not try to get below 150. HUMPPP. I'm sure she was looking at the BIG 60

I really can't say what I want to get down to. What I am positive about is I will get to a nice weight for body. If I don't and if I don't stay on this WOE for life~~~I will DIE prematurely~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This time I am in~~~for life or death~~~

I ant' ready to cover myself with dirt and hide in a hole. I want out in the sunshine. I want to smile again. I want to be able to play with my two year old grand son. I want to hold my great grand kids.

Yall I am 60 years old. My second grand son is about to be married. I want to hold his first child. Plus all the other one's I'm sure will follow the first

The picture of myself yall see, I took in 2007. I was born April 19, 1951. Today I am 60~~ in 2007 I was 56 years young. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. Don't forget he wrote the 72' book in 1972. Back then one could still sleep with their front doors unlocked. Back then man had not heard of GMO'S......Well I had not~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by marylouise; 07-31-2011 at 04:54 PM..
Old 07-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

ML I also have a question. You mentioned that the lettuce had to be head lettuce. I didn't find that in 72 book but bought some today
Jenna, the list is a few posts above. I also live in So Cal, the north part of the San Fernando Valley.
I still want to know if you can eat salami. His meal plans sometimes don't jive with the instructions. I also just read one week.
I have 30 lbs to lose and had a hard time getting motivated, but now on more than off.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

ML The cheese is all you can eat? That's what I was asking. Are there any instructions to the 68 sheet and what do the*** mean after some of the foods? Thanks for explaining. I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I ate salami last week before rereading the book and thought I blew it so I did!!!

Jenna, hope the burn heals quickly. My husband rides a Harley and has ridden since his twenties. He actually burned his leg the same way last week. I am treating it with tree tea oil.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday School - learning 1972 and 1968 Atkins Education

Quote:

I bet you are fun to be around

Whitedove says: I like to have fun; besides, with dieting, you have to have a sense of humor or else you'd be crying

I did see the words {stay on induction for a minimum of two weeks}.
I will find them. I know Induction is usually one week. The word usually is a BIG word to me~~~

Whitedove says: Hmmmm, hmmmmm, yeah? Tell me, tell me !!!!

Still on page 144 he asked a few Q's: and if you are answering yes to all these Q's, then you are ready for the second stage of your diet- what I have labeled the second level.

I am 100% sure I also read the words MIMIMUM of two weeks in the 72' book. And as me said~me will find them there words

Whitedove says: That's what I'm talking about....1972 - Now find it teacher !!!

I really can't say what I want to get down to. What I am positive about is I will get to a nice weight for body. If I don't and if I don't stay on this WOE for life~~~I will DIE prematurely~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whitedove says: How tall are you?

The picture of myself yall see, I took in 2007. I was born April 19, 1951. Today I am 60~~ in 2007 I was 56 years young. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whitedove says: I was born December 8, 1959. I am 51 yrs old.

P.S. Don't forget he wrote the 72' book in 1972. Back then one could still sleep with their front doors unlocked. Back then man had not heard of GMO'S......Well I had not~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whitedove says: What is GMO's? I really don't know. But I was 12 yrs old in 1972.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
ML The cheese is all you can eat? That's what I was asking. Are there any instructions to the 68 sheet and what do the*** mean after some of the foods? Thanks for explaining. I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I ate salami last week before rereading the book and thought I blew it so I did!!!

Jenna, hope the burn heals quickly. My husband rides a Harley and has ridden since his twenties. He actually burned his leg the same way last week. I am treating it with tree tea oil.
LindaB, I'm the one with the burn today. Husband wants me to see a doctor. The skin is peeling off from the chorine pool and bleeding.
Tea tree - wowsers!!! That must hurt. I'm using Neosporin for burns to kill the pain.

On your question about salami....if you look at his recipe section of 1972 book - Page 166, he has "Antipasto" which has salami in it. Page 164 snack, he has under snack: Mixed cold cuts. So, you're good to go!

If you are doing the 1972 version of Atkins - it's hard cheeses like Parmesan, Cheddar, Swiss for example and 4 oz a day. This is for 1 week or Induction. An exception to this is if you make his Diet Revo Rolls - he uses cottage cheese - Page 227. He said you can have these rolls on 163 by listing Revo rolls 1st receipe for Level 1 Induction.

I just finished Chapter 1. I'm going to read more later tonight.

ML: One thing I like about your 1968 list is "HARD LIQUORS". I could use a Jack on the rocks right about now!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Whitedove . Yes I am doing the 72 version. I also need to read the book more thoroughly . I had asked about salami and I guess we can have it but maybe not in copious amounts. I have not given up my Crystal Light as it states sugar free KoolAid so it has to be about the same. It was listed on the sheet ML sent me. It's a bit different than the 72 book.
ML you are in fat burning mode. Good for you. Whitedove, I feel the same way you do, a little sceptical but I am going to keep with it. I am really tired today so hope it's my body changing over to fat burning mode.
Off to read the book now and follow it, not the sheet.
Linda-b~~~~ I was so tired yesterday by the time it got dark I felt my arms weighed a ton!!! I still feel like that. I was going to swim today, I decided I need to stay inside. This feeling so wiped out was what I felt in March after starting 72'

You too are in fat burning mode

Linda start drinking hot green tea. {dove}~ reminded me about their antioxidants!!!

I have checked for ketones 3 times today. It still says no.

Scales said yes this morning, so I'm not worried. I did read he said it could take up to four days.

Did yall start composting today?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ML I also have a question. You mentioned that the lettuce had to be head lettuce. I didn't find that in 72 book but bought some today
Jenna, the list is a few posts above. I also live in So Cal, the north part of the San Fernando Valley.
I still want to know if you can eat salami. His meal plans sometimes don't jive with the instructions. I also just read one week.
I have 30 lbs to lose and had a hard time getting motivated, but now on more than off.
I did read iceberg. I made notes in my head. I stopped when I saw your post and read, read! I made mistake not keeping better notes.

He does not call it iceberg on page 134. I will reread. I'm sorry for all the confusion.

I don't think I dreamed about it. I promise I will reread. And yall read too.

EACH ONE TEACH ONE~EACH ONE TEACH ONE~EACH ONE TEACH ONE~
Old 07-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

ML , no problem, I just want to get it right. I will eat the iceberg. It is such a small amount anyway. I am reading the book. I guess salami is ok but may stall me. I love it so much. I actually eat too much. I also like smoked salmon and I think it is acceptable but no cream cheese on induction. I saw a recipe for smoked salmon, cream cheese and caviar in the 72 book. Believe it or not I like caviar. My hubby calls it fish bait. I guess it is on OWL. I made cookies for the grandkids and I did not even eat a crumb. Where is Linda and what have you done with her??? I have to admit I ate dinner but still feel a little hungry. Will go in a quiet room and read. I am reading The Help which is a movie coming out soon. Before bed I will go back to 72.
I meant one week on induction. I need to proof read my posts, a skill I taught my students. Whitedove, sorry my comments then go to you. Go to the doctor if it is still bleeding Mon. You don't want to get an infection. Take care.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

ML I hope you feel better. I didn't get Atkins flu. I wonder why. I have to buy the keto sticks tomorrow so I can track my progress more efficiently. I guess if you lost weight something must be working.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 2 - Atkins 1972

Here's my ******:

B: black coffee
L: 2 eggs fried in butter with Kiebasi
D: cheeseburger and 2 cups salad
S: sugar free jello w/1 T whipped cream and 2 oz cheddar cheese

Calories: 1439
Fat: 109g
Carbs: 13g
Protein: 92g

Where did everyone go? Reading 1972 Atkins?

ML: I responded to you and LindaB: I answered your questions.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

I will have one also on the ROCKS

Quote:
LindaB, I'm the one with the burn today. Husband wants me to see a doctor. The skin is peeling off from the chorine pool and bleeding.
Linda You should go to doctor. Neosporin kills bad and good!!
Tea tree - wowsers!!! That must hurt. I'm using Neosporin for burns to kill the pain.

On your question about salami....if you look at his recipe section of 1972 book - Page 166, he has "Antipasto" which has salami in it. Page 164 snack, he has under snack: Mixed cold cuts. So, you're good to go!
We did not have to worry like we do today what is in processed meat. And GMOs are Genetically Modified Organisms

If you are doing the 1972 version of Atkins - it's hard cheeses like Parmesan, Cheddar, Swiss for example and 4 oz a day. This is for 1 week or Induction. An exception to this is if you make his Diet Revo Rolls - he uses cottage cheese - Page 227. He said you can have these rolls on 163 by listing Revo rolls 1st recipe for Level 1 Induction.
okdokie~~~ go on eat~~I must restart weight loss as fast as I can. This is very important to me.

I just finished Chapter 1. I'm going to read more later tonight.

You are just on chapter one~~~oh my worddddd

ML: One thing I like about your 1968 list is "HARD LIQUORS". I could use a Jack on the rocks right about now!

The liquor is why my dad liked the diet. He was a man that took his drinking very seriously. He was a meat man also. Diet fit him like a good broke in shoe.

WD~~~ Where is my drink on the rocks?? When I saw you post you was getting in pool with that burn I said to self, self she doesn't need to do that

I have a thought. WOW she has a thought....everyone sits on edge of seat.....

Mimi we need YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay thought. Now calm down

Me going to get MIMI!!!!

I do see why yall are getting yourselves confused. I am takin the 68 and using it along with the 1972 book. Anyone else here that remembers the 60 please stand up....come on linda-b...stand with me....

WD you were 12 in 1972~ouch~~~

That great big picture I was referring too is what everyone did and said to Dr. Atkins in those OLD DAYS

He was shunned by the AMA! He was laughed at. He was called a witch doctor. A Quake.

I didn't know he had a book out, when I went on his plan for 2 weeks and lost 17 pounds. I jumped in with blind faith. I trusted him because our family doctor trusted him. Today I still trust him.

I am not going to add the heavy cream now because it can and will slow my rate of loss.
I am going to eat all the hard natural wax around cheese~~David will buy for me.
I did read to only eat burg lettuce. But I don't hold fault to those that chose to eat leaf lettuce. Leaf lettuce is a WONDERFUL source of micro-nutrients.
I am not going to eat lettuce of any kind until I am ready to move to OWL.

jenna~~~~~ I hope we have not lost you??

I will be eating from 68 and reading and heeding the 72.

YALL we are all moving in same direction, foward. We all have same goal. For the one's that have only a little to lose, he says you can start on OWL in the very begining. Weigh loss will be slow but you will reach goal.

I have a lot to lose. I am on the same page as yall are. We will all reach our goals.

Do me this one favor. Go back and look at page one on the other 72 Atkins thread. I think it is the first one. The woman that posted the sheet was there. She lost so much weight so fast~ could change your mind about cream and cottage cheese and cold cuts.

Let me know what your thoughts are about her....Wonder why they don't have a peace smillie

Going to hunt Mimi down!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

DAY 2 MY SECRETS :-)

Chicken baked in oven with only salt and pepper.~~
Added CO and EVOO~~
Drank at least a pot of coffee/with CO~~I think 8 tablespoons~~
Water~~ dranked one ounce for half my body weight~~
Ate all chicken me wanted~~
Drank 4 Diet Rites~~
Need to go to store the third~~no got cheese~~:blush:

That really is all I have consumed today.
I do want to log food!
Running out of time to do it
The chicken~~I ate a leg, thigh, and wing.
Fixin to eat the other side of my bird with feathers, Dr. A said that not me. He said bird of any feather~~I think~~

WD can u do math on how much fat I have consumed today? I soaked my chicken with juices, a lot and drank 8 tablespoons CO~~

I'm not thinking about Kcals.
I'm not thinking about protein.
I'm not thinking about fiber.

I want my fat to be at least 80%~~or 150 to 160 grams...
Old 07-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Still here.

In 1973 I did the 72 atkins with my live-ins parents. We all ate cheese and meat (mostly meat) don't think any of us read the book.

I was 17 at the time.

Today I loaded.... as tomorrow I diet.

I had ribs and lowcarb bbq sauce. Wanted to get it in before tomorrow when the bbq sauce is off the diet. The sauce was great and so fast to make. DH will love it in the coming week.

The pulled pork smells great and so does the carnetas pork as well. The enchilada bake, chili, oopsies and quishe will have to wait until tomorrow. The DH will be eating well.

I've got three cheese in wax in the fridge swiss, gouda and cheedar so I'm fixed there.

I'm trying for two tblspoons of CO a day.

I'm passing on the lettuce. Not a big fan.

So Excited.... please excuse me the next three days as I whine and moan during the pain of my transition....
Old 07-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML: Can't count your fat totals. I need to get to bed now - I'm a working girl. But tomorrow you can while I'm at work! How's that?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Agoura Hills here.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:33 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Still here.

In 1973 I did the 72 atkins with my live-ins parents. We all ate cheese and meat (mostly meat) don't think any of us read the book.

YEP~~~~ Now your talking!!!
I was 17 at the time.

Today I loaded.... as tomorrow I diet.
I don't see fault in that. I was talking to someone a while back. Said I was gona eat anything I wanted for a week before going n Atkins. She said that's stupid. I said what is stupid about it, I am already fat and If I have to give up chocolate, bring it on!!!

I had ribs and lowcarb bbq sauce. Wanted to get it in before tomorrow when the bbq sauce is off the diet. The sauce was great and so fast to make. DH will love it in the coming week.

The pulled pork smells great and so does the carnetas pork as well. The enchilada bake, chili, oopsies and quishe will have to wait until tomorrow. The DH will be eating well.

I've got three cheese in wax in the fridge swiss, gouda and cheedar so I'm fixed there.
You lucky girl. I am going shopping the third. My belly growls thinking about that wonderful wax rapped cheese

I'm trying for two tblspoons of CO a day.
It takes time to add CO!! Some ppl have extreme bowel problem. That only got me one time. I had not ate and I swim all day can down coffee and CO like a nut. Biggie no~no

I'm passing on the lettuce. Not a big fan.

I love salads but I'm not going to eat it either. When I know I'm staying in burn mode I will add something back. Maybe a good dill pickle, and I can drink olive juice

So Excited.... please excuse me the next three days as I whine and moan during the pain of my transition....
Tomorrow D DAY!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ML: Can't count your fat totals.
I was only kidding. You silly girl. Are u gona go to doc. see about burn???
I need to get to bed now - I'm a working girl. But tomorrow you can while I'm at work! How's that?
That gets infected it will leave horrible scar
Closed Thread