Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #391
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
bump

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
ML: that was beautiful! You have a huge heart and feel deeply.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #393
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
ML that is such a heartfelt story. You are such a kind and generous person. Your family must appreciate you so much. My children are not mine biologically. I raised them since they were 5 and 7. They are 29 and 31 now. We are definitely bonded in love and I couldn't love them more if I had given birth to them myself.
ML sometimes we do everything we can to help someone and that's all you can do. You did everything possible for your dad. You are a blessed person.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
ML that is such a heartfelt story. You are such a kind and generous person. Your family must appreciate you so much. My children are not mine biologically. I raised them since they were 5 and 7. They are 29 and 31 now. We are definitely bonded in love and I couldn't love them more if I had given birth to them myself.

Blood is not what bonds, love bonds!
And you are grandma too.

ML sometimes we do everything we can to help someone and that's all you can do. You did everything possible for your dad. You are a blessed person.
Mama and him went to our cabin together one time before she died. She was a little scared of him. He was a very strong willed person! Nobody crossed Homar!!! When they got in the boat to ride down the lake she said Homar don't you drown me out here!

Homar was like I said are strong willed person, then he met his match when I was born!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda~~~~no mail today???
Well I am sure mail will run tomorrow~~me hopes~~ :-)
Old 08-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
ML: that was beautiful! You have a huge heart and feel deeply.
Hi Lindadov~~~ Thank you for the kind words.

It is about time for you to do pre-maintance, isn't it? You are closer than 10 pounds from goal!Now is when the going gets tough~~~ You can do it. Start going up that ladder. Learn where your CCL is!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #398
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Yall~~~

Lindadov
It is about time for you to do pre-maintance, isn't it? You are closer than 10 pounds from goal!Now is when the going gets tough~~~ You can do it. Start going up that ladder. Learn where your CCL is![/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't want this to slip by you. You really need to do this, don't you?

I didn't weigh this morning. I really do feel myself shrinking! I saw on MSNBC the heat is coming back with a bang. I may be able to get back in the pool. Swimming is such a great exercise. Moves every muscle in the human body!

Lindab how are you today? Anymore weight loss? Have you added 5 grams of the best veggie you like yet?

We no longer have t.v. I am having to look here to stay caught up with whats going on in the world. I don't mind one tiny bit we have no t.v.
We love music and we have ton's of movies!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Whitedove, wow pre -maintenance . Will that ever happen to me?
I have not added any veggies yet as I want to wait until I only have 10 more lbs to go
I don't weigh everyday but I know I have kept the weight off and my clothes fit better.
My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family for your brother's recovery.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Sneaking in a posting. Boss is with accountant now.

With 1972 Atkins, it's adding 5-8 grams daily for a week at a time. My scale showed a gain of 2 lbs (water weight) but the fat percentage went down 6%. I can feel it in my clothes. I'm not quite ready to up my carbs. I want to get into exercise first.

ML: any news on your brother?

Lunch - steak sandwich meat on 1 cup of iceberg lettuce, Caesar dressing - at the boss's pizza restaurant.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Linda. I'm kind of scared to add carbs. I did buy a new scale that measures all that stuff so I will know what's happening. That's always been a heavy question for me. Why do people gain weight so quickly with addition of carbs. Even on the A site you would think that those who follow the plan to a T would lose more rapidly and not gain 2 or 3 lbs eating carbs or even going off the plan for one day. I am going to read 72 version today and find out about the veggies. Do you think 10 lbs away from goal is good to add carbs? I still want to lose the last 10 lbs.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #402
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Way to go Linda. I'm kind of scared to add carbs. I did buy a new scale that measures all that stuff so I will know what's happening. That's always been a heavy question for me. Why do people gain weight so quickly with addition of carbs.

Q~~Why do people gain weight so quickly with addition of carbohydrate's???~~~Answer is: We do not learn how many carbs our bodies can handle~~~~~~~~
I have read the 72 book. I finished it a few days ago. Linda go to the back of the book. That is where we learn how to keep the weight off~~~

Even on the A site you would think that those who follow the plan to a T would lose more rapidly and not gain 2 or 3 lbs eating carbs or even going off the plan for one day. I am going to read 72 version today and find out about the veggies. Do you think 10 lbs away from goal is good to add carbs? I still want to lose the last 10 lbs.

Linda YES!!!

When you are 10 pounds from goal you are suppose to start adding veggies. Climb the ladder. It is the the way to find your CCL!!!

Read chapter 18~~~ page 294
Read page 156 and 157

Start on chapter 13~~~

Very important part of his writings!
If we do not learn our CCL we will not keep the weight off!

We have an ALLERGY TO CARBOHYDRATES!! AND TO LEARN HOW MANY OUR BODY CAN HANDLE WE MUST FIND OUR CCL~~

CRITICAL CARBOHDRATE LEVEL
Old 08-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi,
Sneaking in a posting. Boss is with accountant now.

With 1972 Atkins, it's adding 5-8 grams daily for a week at a time. My scale showed a gain of 2 lbs (water weight) but the fat percentage went down 6%.

I'm sorry. I do not understand? Your fat percentage? Can you explain
I can feel it in my clothes. I'm not quite ready to up my carbs. I want to get into exercise first.

OH ME!!!

ML: any news on your brother?

Yes Danny is doing much better. He was able to be removed from the breathing machine last night and is doing very good breathing on his own! He gets home his first most important thing he has to do is~lose a few hundred pounds!!

Lunch - steak sandwich meat on 1 cup of iceberg lettuce, Caesar dressing - at the boss's pizza restaurant.
WOW your boss owns a pizza place, yummy!
How is your leg, Linda?
Packing is a grudge
Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ML and everyone left on this board. I guess that would be Linda B.

My digital scale has a fat percentage and I've been watching it for over a year and this morning it went down 6% meaning I am losing fat!!!!!!!!! My signature is working! My body is recycling my fat!!!

Leg did not like me going back to work. It's red and swollen. I told boss I am home tomorrow and going to the doctor. Boss saw it today while I was changing the wound and he said it's healing and getting smaller and it's good it's draining because it's not incapsulating. It should not be draining by now - idiot (I was thinking). I said look at the area around it - it's not getting better and why do you always downplay serious health issues? If it were you, you'd be crying in your diapers. I did say that. I didn't ask if I could have off, I told him and I said I want my pay today or Monday. Period.

My DH looked at it and shook his head. He scolded me for being on the computer too much this weekend. I agrued that this weekend it was in good shape from me having off work and keeping it elevated but going back to work didn't help a bit - in fact, I went backwards. Tomorrow, I'll be going back to the doctor's office. Maybe I'll take off Monday too. Boss even makes fun of his daughter for going to dermatologist every few months for her skin cancer to get it taken off. I told him she could die from that, don't you know that?

I worked my arse off this week to get caught up with with and I did. Now, it's time to take care of me.

So glad your brother is ok now. I hope he's not too stubborn to listen to their advice on what he needs to do going forward. Funny, my husband thinking I"m too stubborn and didn't keep my leg up enough. Oh well, we all have our crosses to bear.

The pizza restaurant is in his name and he owns the shopping center. I am bookkeeper for the shopping center plus 6 other businesses. He has his other daughter and SIL running it. They pay him lease payments for the space. Of course, we eat there for free. Seeing those pizza pies and garlic rolls flying by me is a test of willpower. I eat meat and salad and water and have been for almost a year.

We had our meeting with his accountaint. I suggested to him to talk to boss about consolidating 2 companies. He agreed. In fact, the accountant already talked to bosses attorney about it. So, I'm just a bookkeeper, office mgr but I have brains. Boss moves slow on changes and isn't ready for the change. I have to pat myself on the back because nobody else will. Oh well...you can only do so much. I'm not getting an ulcer.

Sorry for the rant. I am usually a very healthy person and lately I've had setbacks to keep me from moving forward.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Way to go Linda. I'm kind of scared to add carbs. I did buy a new scale that measures all that stuff so I will know what's happening. That's always been a heavy question for me. Why do people gain weight so quickly with addition of carbs. Even on the A site you would think that those who follow the plan to a T would lose more rapidly and not gain 2 or 3 lbs eating carbs or even going off the plan for one day. I am going to read 72 version today and find out about the veggies. Do you think 10 lbs away from goal is good to add carbs? I still want to lose the last 10 lbs.
How many lbs do you have to go now? Seems like you are losing fast at least the last time you mentioned it. By the way you are losing, I would add 5-8 grams per day for 1 week and weigh yourself after the week is done. If you are still losing, the next week at 5-8 grams and keep doing that until you stop or meet your goal. By then, you should know your CCL (carb level) to maintain or lose.

10 lbs to go yet with steady weight loss along the way consistently, yes - it would be a good time to add those few carbs a day a week at a time.

In my situation, my scale came down a little but it's not what I call stable enough for me to start adding 5-8 grams of carbs. My hormones are all over the place so that's why this time it's a slow process. Once I get back to exercising, that may very well change the game for me. At least my woman gyno says so and I believe it.

I know exactly what you are talking about - why would the carbs in veggies cause weight gain or no losses like what's happening to most of the people on NANY 2010? They are thinking that fiber also does't cause weight gain but I disagree at least for me. Fiber is like carbs to me - it ADD water weight. Weight is weight and it looks the same on the body as fat.

I'm hoping the exercise will correct my slow metabolism and build muscle so that I can handle more veggies and berries without gaining.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

ML my computer won't let me access my messages or compose, but I did get the package and I will write later. Happy Happy Happy

Whitedove, I added some carbs and guess what gained a little so I am staying on 68/72 version for 10 more lbs Hope your leg is healing
Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
ML my computer won't let me access my messages or compose, but I did get the package and I will write later. Happy Happy Happy

Whitedove, I added some carbs and guess what gained a little so I am staying on 68/72 version for 10 more lbs Hope your leg is healing
I'm glad you experimented and found out your body still needs the lower carbs while it's only a few lbs.

I just came home from doctor. The miltiary doc actually was complmentary to the care I've been giving it. He said it's healing nicely. He explained that since we are dealing with this by healing on the INSIDE - it will take a long time (keeping it covered). If I healed it from the outside by letting it air out and scab, it would be quicker but would leave a nasty scar. The intense swelling and redness in the evening is because of not elevating my leg enough. He wrote me a slip to have off work next week. No antibiotics needed at this time but he wrote me a prescription just in case it gets worse.

He cleaned it and wow - did it hurt! He said I'm probably not cleaning it as aggressively as him and should because of dead skin layers that need to come off. Not too aggressive but more than what I'm doing. And to wrap it tighter than what I'm doing.

So, I take it easy next week. So glad I got caught up with my work this week from the week before.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #408
Blabbermouth!!!

~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~Supportin g~

Quote:
Hi ML and everyone left on this board. I guess that would be Linda B.

We are taking baby steps. I love people, but as yall have seen I can be happy writing to me~self. It's not about how many are in the game, it's about how well the game is played

My digital scale has a fat percentage and I've been watching it for over a year and this morning it went down 6% meaning I am losing fat!!!!!!!!! My signature is working! My body is recycling my fat!!!

Did you get them at a store like Walmart, or Walmart. I don't get out much. This weight has turned me into a recluse.

Leg did not like me going back to work. It's red and swollen. I told boss I am home tomorrow and going to the doctor. Boss saw it today while I was changing the wound and he said it's healing and getting smaller and it's good it's draining because it's not encapsulating. It should not be draining by now - idiot (I was thinking). I said look at the area around it - it's not getting better and why do you always downplay serious health issues?

Gee I don't think he has any compassion. Don't think I would get along with your boss, sorry.

If it were you, you'd be crying in your diapers. I did say that. I didn't ask if I could have off, I told him and I said I want my pay today or Monday. Period.

My DH looked at it and shook his head. He scolded me for being on the computer too much this weekend. I augured that this weekend it was in good shape from me having off work and keeping it elevated but going back to work didn't help a bit - in fact, I went backwards. Tomorrow, I'll be going back to the doctor's office. Maybe I'll take off Monday too. Boss even makes fun of his daughter for going to dermatologist every few months for her skin cancer to get it taken off. I told him she could die from that, don't you know that?

Yes I am certain me and your boss would not get along

I worked my arse off this week to get caught up with with and I did. Now, it's time to take care of me.

Good for you Linda! You have a serious burn. Your boss better be good to you and find the letters for the word ~compassion~ He could be signing your checks for a long, long time and paying a temp until you are able to return to your job

So glad your brother is ok now.

Thank you Linda. He is doing very good!!!

I hope he's not too stubborn to listen to their advice on what he needs to do going forward. Funny, my husband thinking I"m too stubborn and didn't keep my leg up enough. Oh well, we all have our crosses to bear.

The pizza restaurant is in his name and he owns the shopping center. I am bookkeeper for the shopping center plus 6 other businesses. He has his other daughter and SIL running it. They pay him lease payments for the space. Of course, we eat there for free. Seeing those pizza pies and garlic rolls flying by me is a test of willpower. I eat meat and salad and water and have been for almost a year.

WOW he must be loaded!!

We had our meeting with his accountant. I suggested to him to talk to boss about consolidating 2 companies. He agreed. In fact, the accountant already talked to bosses attorney about it. So, I'm just a bookkeeper, office mgr but I have brains. Boss moves slow on changes and isn't ready for the change. I have to pat myself on the back because nobody else will. Oh well...you can only do so much. I'm not getting an ulcer.

The one's with money are always thinking ppl are wanting to steal all of their wealth. I wish all the money in the world was burned and everyone had the same as their neighbor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant. I am usually a very healthy person and lately I've had setbacks to keep me from moving forward.
Not one single word is a problem. Yall know we are here to support one and another! WE each have our own spot here. It helps to have ppl supporting each other and none of us should ever feel like we are taking up space. Gosh I would never be able to succeed on my path of weight loss alone and yall know how much kinship helps

We Will Find Success Here~
Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~Supporting ~
Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~Supportin g~

Hope it works correctly this time~
Old 08-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~Supportin g

ONCE MORE!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

He called me on my cell phone as soon as I got back in my car from seeing the doctor. I told him the doc wrote me out an excuse for me to be out all week. He grumbled but then he acted compassionate. It's on and off with him.

He's land rich and cash poor. Not broke yet. I'm trying to avoid that for him by being a good bookkeeper. Taxes and insurance keep him grounded. I don't consider him rich.

He kept me working 2 days this week and I didn't get home the one night till midnight. I had asked him not to - but he never listens, so now he has no choice. He'll have to fend for himself next week.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm gona just leave it like it is. I can not change it
Old 08-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #413
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
He called me on my cell phone as soon as I got back in my car from seeing the doctor. I told him the doc wrote me out an excuse for me to be out all week. He grumbled but then he acted compassionate. It's on and off with him.

He's land rich and cash poor. Not broke yet. I'm trying to avoid that for him by being a good bookkeeper. Taxes and insurance keep him grounded. I don't consider him rich.

He kept me working 2 days this week and I didn't get home the one night till midnight. I had asked him not to - but he never listens, so now he has no choice. He'll have to fend for himself next week.

I do hope your leg mends soon. Do you think it will leave a bad scar?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #414
Blabbermouth!!!

We have someone from Atkins here on LCF.....
I saw her post a couple days ago. I hope she finds us here. I replied to a post she had on Atkins72 thread. Buttoni.....
Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

I remember Buttoni AKA Peggy. She had a food website too. I hope she joins us.
Whitedove, I m glad you leg is healing even if it is a slow process .ML did you get my e-mail?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I remember Buttoni AKA Peggy. She had a food website too. I hope she joins us.
Whitedove, I m glad you leg is healing even if it is a slow process .ML did you get my e-mail?

Yes ME DID!!!!! I am so happy you liked it. I sent u email!! Now me and Lindadov want to see your smiling face with your gift on

Yes she did have thread with food. I had forgotten her name is Peggy. I hope she drops in and says hi. There is a fab. thread here that has so GREAT food on it. After I get rid of 20 or 30 more pounds I know where I am going for supper lunch and breakfast

I think it is called food porn....or something like that...
Old 08-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
I do hope your leg mends soon. Do you think it will leave a bad scar?
The doctor said by the way he wants me to mend it from the inside out - it should not leave a bad scar. (keeping it wrapped). But if I let it exposed and it gets a scab, then it will scar.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post

Yes ME DID!!!!! I am so happy you liked it. I sent u email!! Now me and Lindadov want to see your smiling face with your gift on

Yes she did have thread with food. I had forgotten her name is Peggy. I hope she drops in and says hi. There is a fab. thread here that has so GREAT food on it. After I get rid of 20 or 30 more pounds I know where I am going for supper lunch and breakfast

I think it is called food porn....or something like that...
Yes, it is called that and it's a thread for posting low carb food.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #419
Blabbermouth!!!

The food they are creating looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gona keep checking in, but I will not be able to eat until I am much further down the road. I did see that some of it is for induction. But, I'm too scared to start mixing food. I want this baggage GONE ASAP!!!

I just made our son a Chocolate Fudge Marble Cake/ Homemade Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting, his favorite cake. He will be 41 yrs old the 23rd. WOW making us old! Now that was A little hard to do. When that powered sugar hit the air with the cocoa I was like{ OH MY GOODNESS } The smell got me! David tasted it for me. I hope I did not gain 10 pounds making it! I wish I could taste it. Kind of hard to make something like this without tasting the final process. But I trust his opinion.

Last edited by marylouise; 08-19-2011 at 02:24 PM..
Old 08-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

That is great that your burn will not scar!
Closed Thread