Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Good luck to you and thanks for writing back to us. You gotta do what works for you in the long run because it should become a way of life.
Thanks whitedov.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-11-2011 at 02:46 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Marylouise! Where are you? You are worrying me.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, where did everyone go?

Marylouise, you must be really hurting or else your computer died. I'm worried about you.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Linda I did have a horrible time with those dang crappie pills!! We had to go to Arkansas Saturday and my sister is moving all of her stuff. I am mad at myself for not stopping long enough to pop in and let yall know why I have been off line for so long! I'm sorry.

I read makemeslim has gone back to other diet. Hated she left, but as you said everyone needs to do what works for themselves.

Jenna I am so happy for you!!! You are doing great

I hope Lindab returns soon!!

I will write more later. I am sorry I do not have longer right now.

Linda how is your foot?

I don't think I will be able to take any more milk of mag!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I got a bad bottle or not, but NO NO on milk of mag, sugar free

I have not talked to shellbaby yet. It is gona be hard on me packing and moving. I want have as much time until we are moved and unpacked. But I will be here as much as I can be.

I will get on again in the morning, yall keep up the wonderful work and keep the ball running..........................
Old 08-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #365
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith79 View Post
I am frustrated. The scale jumped yesterday to 338 and is down to 337 today. Apparently my body has decided that *now* is the time for the ablation to quit working, so I'm having very light periods after not having one in 3 years. And my hemi's are bleeding again, I'm supposed to get a rubber band ligation when I'd like, I was told that 18 months ago, but I'm scared of it. And now I have an external hemi in addition to the internal. And I still have diarrhea. I'm exhausted, my body hurts (fibro). And hungry, but don't want anything legal. My calories have been too low, under 1700 which for me is bad. *sigh* I want bacon, but I have to ration the bacon. We don't have enough to eat it more often than every 2 weeks or so.
Please dont let the food demons get you!!!!

Go and drink olive water! Find a salty dill sour pickle that is made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FIGHT
Old 08-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MaryLouise:

I was very worried about you.

What pills did you take?

I didn't know you were moving to Arkansas permanently so quickly. I thought DH was just there checking out the house prospects. And what does your sister have to do with it? I thought she was in her own house?

Yeah, I agree. This board died without you and LindaB on board.

It's my leg burn, silly. It's starting to heal. Still hurts especially by evening. Taking Advil every night and continuing my antibiotic 4x day. My DH check with the pharamacy to see if they have refridgerated pro-biotics but they don't. He got me the next best - Pearls, they're called.

Did Milk of Magnesia do it's job? Get yourself Magnesium Oxide like I've been telling you on and off for weeks. Take it before bed and you'll never have to suffer constipation again and go thru drastic measures.

When are you officially moving?
Old 08-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning, Me sorry about saying your foot, I know it is your leg. I blame it on being so tired.

I have lost a total of 48 pounds now!!! I am starting to feel better. It is so hard between packing and eating right on 68/72. But I am doing it!

I am gona change my stats today. Because I have lost another pound since I posted the last weight. I know I have been thru a lot lately and it feels good to see another pound GONE!!

Again I am sorry I was off line so long. I will and would feel the same way if yall disappeared for so many days. I'm whopping myself. OUCH

I can't drink that sugar free Milk of mag. It is too much like drinkin stinking fish

I took a correctol last night. Worked great! Bet it has some sugar in it, but I can't help that. I am going to get the Magnes. yall are talking about. I forgot to check it out at walmart when I went the first of the month. We live on a fixed income. Ant easy, but we survive.

Swimming is gone Summer passed too fast for me. It always does. Living here is shorter swimming season. I will be very glad when we find our final move and unpack everything. I have stuff that is still packed from 2006 when we sold our 2 story. We are both very tired of moving.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #368
Blabbermouth!!!

Do not know when we are moving. Have some repairs to do on this house before we completely move. We are starting to set the bus back up. We have already got front loaders for our clothes. We have everything we need in it except a stove. I used hot plates the last time we were living in it. We gona put a real stove and oven in ot this time. We even have a tub that also is a whirlpool!! I love that about the bus!

I took Dulcolax! Bad stuff! Never take again!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

I have tried to get news on the woman in Cal. that was killed by a bit bull dog! We no longer have t.v. Has anyone heard anything about this?? The woman was pregnant!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
Hi Whitedove, finally back from the dead. I lost some weight but it was due to not eating. Hope i don't gain too much back. Glad your leg is improving, How's the plan going?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #371
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I know why I was having so much trouble getting my weight lose restarted! Red meat!!

When I first went on Atkins this go around, in March. I ate a ton of red meat. I mean a real ton! Steak and eggs. Fried eggs, in CO. Scrambled eggs with CO. Cheese. Cheese with eggs. Cheese fried in a pan until it is brown and crunchie. That stuff will make you sit up and take noticedFried cheese is soooooo gooddddddd

I know our super markets are not a good source of red meat. The fat in that meat is toxic! I did eat it one time last week. UGH! It was horrible. Now I am replacing that fat for a healthy chain fat! CO! And Extra virgin olive oil~~

The toxin's that they feed our beef with, I could name a few~but yall know what I'm talking about. No way we can go to a good source for our red meat. It would take half of our income. This month we got red meat again. With a small change, we could afford to eat red meat again. We are getting the cheapest cut of red that is tenderized with the meat packers machine. We both can eat that and it does not matter if it is prime or thirds!

We ate all chicken last month. Did I lose last month? NO! I did not. I am back to eatting red meat and real cheese and great eggsGot the train rolling again!

But make no mistake it is done. It has to be cooked done. It is probaly full of bad stuff from the metal machine's~~~~
Cook it done~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have not been washing it off. I always did before. I don't really have a good reason as to why I am not washing it. Should I wash it? Maybe I should. I think maybe I should. Yes I am going to wash it. I wash a full cut of meat. I know I have heard it too. Don't wash off you meat. That's bull dulkie

I have watched a few cooking show's. I have heard more that one person say" don't wash your meat off, it will not brown correctly", bull dulkie! I'm not too proud of myself for getting lazy about washing my meat. The ground is the most important one to wash Okdokie. Me gona stop being lazy and wash my meat. I never really stopped washing my meat. It is just the tenderized cuts look like they could fall to pieces and that is the reason I don't wash it. Bad boo~boo!!

My sister stopped by for a short visit. I had several of her things packed up and as I was carrying them to her old room she said no don't put it in there. I will take it with me. My poor sister make mistake. Her car is loaded!

Her legs are swollen so badly I told her she was going to go into congested heart failure, if she does not stop long enough to rid the excess fluid!
About a year ago I asked her if I could go with her to her doctors visit. I told her I wanted to met her doctor. He looks just like Richard Dreyfuss. He really could be his double! I brought up the subject of excess fluid. He turned the chair around and put his feet up on the table. He said Nathleen, get your heart lower that your feet! He was leaning back as he said it to her. I bet he is fun to be around!! I just now left James a message on his cell phone. I sent a tex to Nathleen and asked her to get James to check his messages

It frees my soul~~knowing my sister is happy and safe in her own home. She has the family she created all around her. I'm going home to mine! We all win in the end. Regaining her life was not easy. But she did it!!

Last edited by marylouise; 08-15-2011 at 04:39 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
Hi Whitedove, finally back from the dead. I lost some weight but it was due to not eating. Hope i don't gain too much back. Glad your leg is improving, How's the plan going?
Lindab
Old 08-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!

I got a message from Mimi. She is doing fine.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
SO glad you're back!!! How did it go? Details, please!

My 1972 Atkins is going good. You missed the action with me going to the hospital this past Friday, a week ago. Staph Infection w/cellulitis from the motorcycle burn. I was hooked up on IV with painkiller and strong antibiotics. I was hallucenating from the painkiller. Got home at 3:30 am. Not fun. I was home all last week trying to keep my legs elevated above my heart. I'm back to work starting today. It's getting better. The lucky thing is the staph did not spread throughout my bloodstream. Probably because I was on antibiotics for most of July for UTI. I have tomorrow yet to go with antibiotics - then done. I'm ready to continue life and enjoy the rest of my summer.

ML: I am happy you're going back home to your sons and grandbabies. I can feel the happiness you must be feeling.

I used to rinse all my meat back in the 80's but somehow I stopped. Now you have me thinking I should do it again. The hormones are the worst and you can't rinse those out.

I just read on the internet today that there are 7 different pesticides in peaches. And fruit in general today is only 50% as nutritious as the fruit our grandparents had so now you have to each twice as much to get the same nutrients. But that's like saying, eat sugar and carbs and throw your money to the doctors for diseases like diabetes you'll get when consuming too much frutose.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #375
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
SO glad you're back!!! How did it go? Details, please! Yes please do. I have thought about you everyday. I hope you were not in too much pain. Our mouth's are so sensitive! I'm glad it is behind you now

My 1972 Atkins is going good. You missed the action with me going to the hospital this past Friday, a week ago. Staph Infection w/cellulitis from the motorcycle burn. I was hooked up on IV with painkiller and strong antibiotics. I was hallucinating from the painkiller. Got home at 3:30 am. Not fun. I was home all last week trying to keep my legs elevated above my heart. I'm back to work starting today. It's getting better. The lucky thing is the staph did not spread throughout my bloodstream. Probably because I was on antibiotics for most of July for UTI. I have tomorrow yet to go with antibiotics - then done. I'm ready to continue life and enjoy the rest of my summer.

ML: I am happy you're going back home to your sons and grandbabies. I can feel the happiness you must be feeling.

I give GOD all the thanks for seeing Nathleen through the hardest life challenge she has ever had to face. Now I can go back home in peace. James loves my sister very much. Love was never their problem. Nathleen is not on line today. But she is coming here to visit when she has restored her computer to life on line!

I used to rinse all my meat back in the 80's but somehow I stopped. Now you have me thinking I should do it again. The hormones are the worst and you can't rinse those out.

The hormones and a lot more toxic stuff are mostly in the fat and organs. I was raised eating the organs. I suppose I developed a liking for them. I was eating pickled pigs feet too. I have ate it two times this past few months. I love pickled pigs feet. GOSH the more I say it the more I get! I for sure will be rethinking them there feet

I just read on the Internet today that there are 7 different pesticides in peaches. And fruit in general today is only 50% as nutritious as the fruit our grandparents had so now you have to each twice as much to get the same nutrients. But that's like saying, eat sugar and carbs and throw your money to the doctors for diseases like diabetes you'll get when consuming too much frutose.
Well said Lindadov~~~~

Yes it is sad. My sons are so mad at the people for letting all of this happen. I wish I could have stopped it when it started to get completely out of control. Sucks, me just be a ant in the way. People crush ants.

They want to move to a higher elevation. Grow their own food. We would go in a heart beat. Their wife's so far have not been very supporting with their thoughts. We get moved back me may be trying to help son's!!
But with grace I love my daughter's in law's. My son's wives are very special to me. My son's love their wives. I take a tip of a hat off to them for raising their kids to be asset to the world, not a loafer. I am so very proud of my son's
Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!

ML: LOL - LindaDove....I like that.

Making Cheese Egg Bakes now. A recipe I got off of one of Dr. A's books.

I have a long commute today at work so I need my breakfast this morning, though I"m not hungry.

It's a rainy week here in PA and it's supposed to be like that the rest of the week. Yesterday it was raining, sunny, raining. Today, it's just raining.

Yesterday I took my measurement: down 1" from chest, down 1/2" thighs, and 3" off hips! Hips and thighs are my trouble zone. Glad it's finally coming off. When my leg heals, I'm getting in an excercise routine. My fat cells are shrinking in my thighs and making them look like the jello I eat. Build the muscle, burn the fat is going to be my motto.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning LCF
Old 08-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #378
Blabbermouth!!!

Everybody
Where is everybody?

Lonely~~~

Cold cruel lonely world

Well I am just gona talk to me self
Hello self, how is you a doing?
Well I am being very true to my new WOE
Plus me a eating red meat!!
Gona check that weight scale tomorrow
Lindab sent me two books because my hubby don't trust buyin on line
She sent me Atkins 72 and the new one after that one
Not to be confused, no nany! Nany is junk~ Dr. A's writin is my guide!
Lindab your thank you is in mail. Mailed this morning.
David mailed it for me.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Hi Whitedove, yes I missed all the excitement about your leg. Sorry I wasn't there to be supportive, but glad you are back on track now and the healing process has kicked in. Glad to know 72 is working for you with the few lbs you have to lose. My question is then what will you do for maintenance? I know it's a life long plan, but sometimes the maintenance is the hardest part. Your body measurements sound great. You must feel so proud.
ML glad to see you are feeling better with all the excess pressures besides dieting. Way to go 48 lbs
I do rinse all meat and poultry, have been doing it for years.

ML fried cheese sounds so good. Will have to try it very soon.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilith79
Stats: 346/335/175
Start Date: 8/3/2011
I'm looking into Eat Fat Get Thin instead of Atkins. We're not losing, and I'm so frigging tired of meat. I never thought I'd say that. I'm not a huge fan of eggs either. I need veggies more than I realized. I fail to see how limiting veggies is a good thing. I get not eating heavily starchy things like potatoes or corn (corn has never agreed with me anyhow), but skipping all the others bothers me too much. So while I will be doing low carb, I just can't do this. I wish all of you the best luck, but this clearly isn't the plan for me.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith79 View Post
I'm looking into Eat Fat Get Thin instead of Atkins. We're not losing, and I'm so frigging tired of meat. I never thought I'd say that. I'm not a huge fan of eggs either. I need veggies more than I realized. I fail to see how limiting veggies is a good thing. I get not eating heavily starchy things like potatoes or corn (corn has never agreed with me anyhow), but skipping all the others bothers me too much. So while I will be doing low carb, I just can't do this. I wish all of you the best luck, but this clearly isn't the plan for me.
Best of luck to you! Pop back and let us know how you're doing.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Whitedove, yes I missed all the excitement about your leg. Sorry I wasn't there to be supportive, but glad you are back on track now and the healing process has kicked in. Glad to know 72 is working for you with the few lbs you have to lose. My question is then what will you do for maintenance? I know it's a life long plan, but sometimes the maintenance is the hardest part. Your body measurements sound great. You must feel so proud.
ML glad to see you are feeling better with all the excess pressures besides dieting. Way to go 48 lbs
I do rinse all meat and poultry, have been doing it for years.

ML fried cheese sounds so good. Will have to try it very soon.
Hi everyone.

Got home late from work. I had a lot of catching up to do with being off work last week.

I kept the burn unbandaged last night in bed but kept it elevated. It hurt this morning so that wasn't a good idea. By the end of today, my leg was redder and more swollen than the past week. Boss gave me tomorrow off to rest up. I didn't get to elevate it during work today so now I'm paying the piper. Tomorrow, I'll take it easy. I'm done with the antibiotics. If it doesn't get better by Friday, I'm going back to the doctor.

Gotta get to bed. See you tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!

Michelle, I hate you are giving up. You said we are not losing. Well, that is not true. Lindab has lost 16 pounds. Lindadov is a few pounds from her goal. I have lost 50 pounds now. I will lose probaly 5 or more this week! This morning I showed to have lost another 2 pounds in the past 2 days.

I posted that the RED MEAT is my wonderful helper to get my body into the fat burning machine mode. I have seen a few people eating things they make by combining other ingred. I don't agree to that being a good way to lose weight fast. That is why yall have seen me say what is a Revolution Roll? I don't make a dish by combining foods. Not yet anyway

I stick to meat~eggs~cheese. It has taken me about 2 weeks to get back on track, since being on the diet nany. I still am a strong believer that the nany is really a thorn in every one's side. Dr. Robert Atkins did not write the new book!!!!! It is the veggies that slow weight lose to a crawl. Had I continued that WOE it would have taken me 8 years to reach my goal! I don't have 8 years to wait around till I reach my goal! I did the math on Fat Secrets. It gave me the 8 years hypnosis.

I want to ask you to give it a little more time. Stop combining food to get a taster meal. But I know it is your own personal choice.

Michelle~Dr. Roberts Atkins 68/72 does work. If you have a moment I would like to see a list of food you have been eating. But if your mind is made up, at least keep checking back to see how I am doing. You and I are the one's that have the most to lose. I started at over 240 pounds! Today I have a grand total fat reduction of 50 pounds!!! Shellbaby is in the boat with us. I have got to tex or call her!!! I am in NO way making light of just having 20 or 30 pounds to lose~~~Them 20 or 30 pounds are just as hard to get rid of. Golly they are the hardest to throw out the back door!

240-plus~~~now 190!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a lot of weight. 50 pounds is huge weigh loss!
One of my brothers was admitted to a hospital yesterday because he could not breathe. Yall my brother, Danny, weighs close to 500 POUNDS!! He lives a couple hundred miles from me. Our baby sister and him live close to each other. She is the one that is with him right now. They had to transfer him to a hospital in Nashville Tennessee! They also had to have a van type ambulance to transport him. But it was not large enough!!! They had to have a special, special truck to carry him to Nashville!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is not doing good.

I did it eating Atkins 68/72!!!! I am starting to like myself again.
In 2002 I lost 112 POUNDS eating 68/72!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone. Good effort to keep Michelle on tract with Atkins. Yo-Yo dieting and even switching diets does not work. I've tried it and I end up coming back to Atkins. It gets harder to lose each time. I think the lack of veggies is the beginning scares people. But it's only temporary.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #385
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone.

Got home late from work. I had a lot of catching up to do with being off work last week.

I kept the burn unbandaged last night in bed but kept it elevated. It hurt this morning so that wasn't a good idea. By the end of today, my leg was redder and more swollen than the past week. Boss gave me tomorrow off to rest up. I didn't get to elevate it during work today so now I'm paying the piper. Tomorrow, I'll take it easy. I'm done with the antibiotics. If it doesn't get better by Friday, I'm going back to the doctor.

Gotta get to bed. See you tomorrow!

Lindadov that is bad. I am so worried about your leg! Tell your boss I said a big thanks for letting you take another day off! You know Linda, he knew his bike was already hot. David has had bikes like forever. The back seat rider is a huge responsibility! Makes me very upset with him. When I ride I know to look for hot pipes. It is because I have been riding for 40 years, behind David! Your boss needs to rethink the responsibility of rider's! Lindab rides. Her husband has a Harley. She will tell you just like I am. It was his responsibility to insure the safety of his riders!!

Sorry it just makes me very upset that he is being soooo understanding~~~~
Old 08-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #386
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea~~~You know it is hard to believe I have lost 50 pounds!!!
Had I stayed on the nany bull crap. I would still be doing what all them are doing today.
Trying to figure out why weight loss has stopped!!!

Dr. Robert C. Atkins has already done the math for us. They are trying to rewrite his voice, and it ant gona work!!

They have already made the money they wanted when they wrote a new book for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a very smart doctor and I trust all the years of research he put into this WOE!!

Last edited by marylouise; 08-17-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

My brother is in surgery now. I just talked to my baby sister and our other sister is there with her now. His heart stopped and that is why they had to send him to Nashville. They are putting a pace maker in him right now.............
Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

ML I am so sorry to hear about your brother> It sounds like they got it in time and he will be ok. My loving thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I don't live close to you but if I did I would be right there with you. Are you going to be able to go see him? I am praying right now for him.
50 lbs, that's 2 more than yesterday. Way to go ML
Whitedove. I agree with ML, my husband does ride and always makes sure of the safety factors before a rider gets on. I am so sorry you your leg is giving you trouble again. I hope they can figure out what to do. Please don't wait until Fri to see the dr.
Lilith, I haven't been posting lately but I was doing NANY and lost little to nothing. I switched to 68/72 version and have lost 16 lbs. I only have 30 to lose so that's half. It is hard to start a plan. It took me 3 weeks to get past week one. Give it one more week and then evaluate what you want to do.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
My brother is in surgery now. I just talked to my baby sister and our other sister is there with her now. His heart stopped and that is why they had to send him to Nashville. They are putting a pace maker in him right now.............
ML: I forgot to write on my last post about your brother. I am sorry he has to go through that and wish him a Godspeed recovery. He will probably be heavily advised to lose weight. Very hard on the heart. Maybe hel'll embrace Atkins or a similar low carb WOE.

Congrats on your weight loss girls. Wow, LindaB, I had no idea you lost that much since 68/72 version! You too ML.

I came into work anyway on my own accord. I had to go to the post office, bank and get to the store to do Sales Tax. Tomorrow we have an appointment w/our accountant and that's the long drive office - 138 miles one way. Boss drives 108 miles of that. But I can leave here anytime today and probably will. Sales tax and errands are done.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!

Yall can I just talk at myself. I hope yall don't mind. I am so sad. I feel like my heart is on fire. Life sure has a lot of twist and turns. My dad left us. He found another woman and left 3 kids and a wife. The crud he fell for never loved him. He chased that dream all his life. He was able to live with her a little over 10 years before she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. They put her in a nursing home and we went and got Homar. I had stopped calling him anything except a sperm donor. I loved him but I hated him too. We went and got him. We was in our bus. We had a camper and we moved him into it. BAD TIMES. We moved him here with us when we came to Tennessee to help my sister. He started drinking so bad he was impossible to live with. I gave him his walking paper's when he had been here about a year. He had cancer too. He moved in my oldest brother. He could not stay there. My youngest sister Jeri and Danny came and got him. He lived a few months. He raised them. They still to this day call him daddy. He did not raise us three, mama did and his mama and daddy. We had a wonderful grandma. Called her mamaw. She died young. Diabetes, heart attacks took her when I was 18 yrs. old.

In the 60s he married Martha. At first as all kids do I was mad at her. I resented her and her kids. She had 4 kids. I moved in with them shorty after they married. I was always a baby nut. I started babysitting before I was 12 or so years old. I love babies. I love the way they smell and feel when you hold them close. Jeri was only about 5 months old when Homar married Martha. Ann was 3. Danny was 5. And Johnny was 6. I have from the first time I saw them loved them. They are my brothers and sisters. They do not live close to me right now, but I love them so much my heart blazes with pure raw fire when one of them is hurting!

Before I moved in with them mama took us to his apartment to get money. We had no money for food. He opened the door and I stepped in. In front of me was his new family, eating supper. Martha said nothing, she just looked at me. He took his billfold out of his pocket and opened it for me to see he had no money. I was probaly 14 then. He had moved across the bridge so mama could not make him pay child support. We lived in Memphis Tennessee. Across the bridge was Arkansas and at that time a man only had to move to another state and he was free from child support.

I grew to love Martha. She was only a few years older than me. I loved her so very much. We lost her and mama within a year of each other. Mama and Martha grew to love each other also.

So even if it is not blood that binds us, we are all brothers and sisters bonded in love. I am the oldest.

I am sorry for posting something that is so totally off subject. I feel safe here with yall~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Closed Thread