Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
ML: Woke up at 9:00. I put 2 pillows at my feet to raise in my bed and slept on my back the entire night. When I sit up and the blood goes down to my calf - instant pain. I'll elevate more today.

It feels good to be home by myself and my dog. I wish I could walk her but that's a no-no. I'll sit out in the back porch today sometime and read my book and let her run around. She has hip dysplasma and arthritis in her hips and one knee. For the past week, she's been limping from lack of excercise. I haven't been taking her because of my leg. DH walks her onces he comes home from work but that's not enough. I walk her twice a day sometimes and chase her around the house every morning and evenings but not lately.

You know all the time I had the burn, she did not bother with it until it went infected. Then she was smelling around it (not on it). Dogs can tell when there's something wrong with their owners. Her right leg seems to be the weaker one and the same leg as mine. We're quite the pair.

Yeah, I hope LindaB is doing ok - I guess she had her oral surgery by now.

Tell Shellbaby I said Hi and that I hope she joins us soon.

Enjoy your swimming. It looks like rain here.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Morning Linda, Sometimes alone is good~~

This picture is very recent. I took it last week and just now was able to find it!

I took it myself. My hair is all the way to my hips. Takes time to brush it out..:-(

Last edited by marylouise; 08-09-2011 at 08:21 AM..
Old 08-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML! I love that picture! And that long hair. I didn't know your hair was that long!!!! You sure don't look 60! You have that mischievious look about you...I bet you're a handful!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

My hair makes swimming a task. I roll it up and put it in my cap. I have missed a shower or two after swimming and if I don't brush it out wow it is horrible. Plus I am extremely tender headed! Mama could brush my hair and I would never feel a bit of pain. Nathleen can brush it, but she hurts me some what. I am the only one that can brush it. David loves my hair long so I keep it more for him than myself.

I feel terrible. My stomach is not my friend right now. I have taken Dulcolax. Does not help. I'm about ready to scream.

I took 3 yesterday and I just took 2 more! You are eating salad's ant you?

I got bored earlier and went cyberhopping~~~
Old 08-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-floopsie.html

Here is the Floopsie recipe if Oopsies are too fussy for you.

Still here but not a whole lot of time. Today will be extra busy busy much better then slow.

08/08/11 237
08/09/11 234

I hope everyone is feeling better by the evening
Old 08-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
:

I feel terrible. My stomach is not my friend right now. I have taken Dulcolax. Does not help. I'm about ready to scream.

I took 3 yesterday and I just took 2 more! You are eating salad's ant you?

I got bored earlier and went cyberhopping~~~
Just wait till you're 120lbs - you will be a hotty and your husband will want you to cut it.

I need to take something too. The stool softener the hospital told me to take doesn't cut it. I only went a little yesterday. I'm not feeling uncomfortable yet but better to nip it before it gets worse. I do eat 1-2 cups of lettuce w/full fat dressing. Yesterday morning my keto stick said "trace" so that's an improvement. I read somewhere that some people's bodies absorb the ketones so it doesn't always come out on the stick. But I'm still at 148 and from not moving much - I guess I can't complain.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=jenna...;14898700]http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-floopsie.html

QUOTE]

Cool - Thanks Jenna. From the thread you linked, people are making cakes out of it too. I wonder what "fiber" they are talking about? I copied and pasted here:

FLOOPSIE WAFFLES
4 eggs
4 oz. cream cheese
2 T almond flour
2 TSP. Splenda
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
pinch salt
1 T fiber

Put into preheated waffle iron.

(Note- these were only mildly sweet, you might increase sweetener to 1 tablespoon.)

Still waiting to see how the muffin top Floopsies turn out.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna... View Post

Hi jenna~~~The names of this food is cute.

Still here but not a whole lot of time. Today will be extra busy busy much better then slow.

08/08/11 237
08/09/11 234

I hope everyone is feeling better by the evening

Three pounds one day! WOW~~

You are off on a Great start!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #339
Blabbermouth!!!

[quote=Whitedov1208;14898753]
Quote:

QUOTE]

Cool - Thanks Jenna. From the thread you linked, people are making cakes out of it too. I wonder what "fiber" they are talking about? I copied and pasted here:

FLOOPSIE WAFFLES
4 eggs
4 oz. cream cheese
2 T almond flour
2 TSP. Splenda
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
pinch salt
1 T fiber

Put into preheated waffle iron.

(Note- these were only mildly sweet, you might increase sweetener to 1 tablespoon.)

Still waiting to see how the muffin top Floopsies turn out.

I couldn't eat that. It would raise my B/S.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Just wait till you're 120lbs - you will be a hotty and your husband will want you to cut it.

Not much hot left in this old body.

I need to take something too. The stool softener the hospital told me to take doesn't cut it. I only went a little yesterday. I'm not feeling uncomfortable yet but better to nip it before it gets worse. I do eat 1-2 cups of lettuce w/full fat dressing. Yesterday morning my ketostix said "trace" so that's an improvement. I read somewhere that some people's bodies absorb the ketones so it doesn't always come out on the stick.

I showed a trace once last week. I don't know of any reason why I am not deep purple. Confusing for me?
But I'm still at 148 and from not moving much - I guess I can't complain.

You are tall. I bet you look great in a dress. I think you are doing a fantastic job!! Me , Me rollie pollie

In 2002 I weighed 148 for a few seconds. This is not a joke. I went to bed one night at 148 and woke up seeing 150. I kept going back up after that. I did feel great. I don't understand why I have fought all my life to try to lose only to regain. Has been a struggle all my life.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilith79
Stats: 346/335/175
Start Date: 8/3/2011
rollie pollie is fine. I joke all of the time that I am in shape. Round is a shape!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If I had to name a shape for me it would be an overweight hour glass. When I turned 40, it all changed.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith79 View Post
rollie pollie is fine. I joke all of the time that I am in shape. Round is a shape!

[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You are right! Round is a shape
Old 08-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
If I had to name a shape for me it would be an overweight hour glass. When I turned 40, it all changed.
How is your leg, Cybergirl?
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How is your leg, Cybergirl?
Good - the Advil worked wonders. I did sit my arse and watched 3 hrs of TruBlood and 1 hr of Miami Vice. DH will be home tomorrow. My cybering hours will be limited. He doesn't want me on the computer for hours when I'm supposed to be raising it.

I did make the Revo rolls today. They turned out pretty good. At least the egg whites got good and stiff. I toasted them and put homemade chicken salad on them for lunch.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning~~~I hope yall are doing good. Linda I am glad your leg feels better.

Take note of my new weight. I was happy to see the scales were less this morning. But, I messed myself up bad. I will never take Dulcolax again. I am thinking about starting a new thread titled~~THE BEST 10 REASONS NOT TO TAKE DUCALAX

I am as weak, as weak can be. Yesterday started off as a normal day. I was here for a while, then I cleaned the pool and swam for a couple hours. The grass needed cutting, so we cut the grass. When I got to the back, which is a acre, I noticed something. I could tell it was alive, but it was as still as a stuffed creature. I hollered at David. He was on the other mower. I had him stop and look to his left. We got off the mower's. We both walked a little closer. The thing didn't move. He said it is a Chicken Hawk. Then he said, no it is a huge Owl~ Whatever it was, it was huge!!
I stayed put. The creature turned it's head. David said it is a Chicken Hawk! I tried to get him not to get too close. He went and got a bucket and a broom. Yall this thing was very big. Big birds can inflict pain, more so if they are already in pain. David got it in the bucket and carried it into the shop. I followed, at a safe distance. This bird we still stiff. David got him out of the bucket and laid it on the shop floor. Yall this bird looked dead. It did not blink!!

David went and got it some water. It still never moved. He put the water down and it still looked dead. I reach out and pulled the water away a little bit. David said don't do that, that bird can reach out and hurt you. I have never seen anything like it. We both just stood there and watched the Chicken Hawk~ All of a sudden the bird stood up and it had to have been at least 2 feet tall. It had it's wings down to it's side. And BAMM, it took off hopping and running. I said, see I told you, if it gets loose in here you would one day find its rotting corpse!

I went on back to mowing grass. I guess the more he thought about it, the more worried he became. He had started cutting grass, too. I made a turn and when I came back around David was gone. He had went back in the shop and caught the bird and carried it outside in a square short bucket. He seemed satisfied he had done all he could do for the Chicken Hawk.

I thought all the excitement had passed for the day. We finished cutting the grass and went inside the house. He looked out the door several times and said well it is still in the bucket. I drank a cup of coffee and started feeling funny. I want go into the details, but I will say this. I felt like I was going to DIE! I had taken three of those pills the day before and I took two more yesterday morning. David had to bring me a paper sack. I was hyperventilating. Yall I almost fainted.

I am still so weak I can hardly type words. I have went through a lot in my 60 years. I have never had to go through anything like I did last night and all hours of the night until dawn! Me still messed up!

I hope yalls day and night was less traumatic!

The moral to this story is never mess with a 2 foot tall bird and never~ever take Dulcolax again!

I have got to do something about my problem. I thought about it all night! I know now the reason I did not have a problem before. I ate the BARS and drank the SHAKES. The sugar alcohol in the bars keep me in tune with nature. Now I have got to figure out what to do!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ML: Sorry to hear your problem there. A lack of veggies is prob the cause. Are you taking your CO in your coffee? I like to take Magnesium Oxide before I go to bed. If I forget then I use Milk of Magnesia. I think you told me it comes sugar free if you look for it? That'll clean you out in an hour or so. When you're packed up that bad, you must get aggressive. My husband has chronic constipation. He doesn't eat enough fat or veggies and so his digestive system is at a snail's pace. When he had endoscopies and colonsopies - the doc said he still wasn't cleaned out. Now and forever, he has to take Miralax before bed. He has also recently found that those Kalamati olives in oil at the grocery store gets him going so much he doesn't need Miralax. Just some suggestions. Please get better soon!

My leg is less swollen and red but still hurts. I took an Advil this morning an hour ago and it's still hurting. It takes a while for it to kick in and those are liquid gels! I gotta elevate my leg now. I'll check back later.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda what I'm thinking is your husband found something to help him, the olives. Do you think the bars are SO BAD we should not eat them?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda what I'm thinking is your husband found something to help him, the olives. Do you think the bars are SO BAD we should not eat them?
I would go the route I suggested in the last post. There were a couple options. I think you need fiber daily in the form of a fiber product. But to clean out, I would get SF Milk of Magnesia. For maintenance, get those fiber gummy bears or Metamucel and take daily. Since you are not eating veggies - you are probably be constipated more often than you'd like. That's not good. Besides, you could develop infected diveritilitis and that is very painful. My MIL had to get operated on for that and says that's the most painful surgery she ever had in her life.

Those bars and shakes are for later down the road for emergency food. I would not rely on those for your problem.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Made it through day 2 and it was very rough and painful day. Now onto day three...

Start:
08/08/2011 237
Current:
08/10/2011 231.5

marylouise: are you getting enough potassium? a lack of potassium can cause those symptoms and very low carb will set you up for that especially with the warmer weather.

I take potassium tabs every single day or I get clammy, light headed, foot/leg cramps and so on.

I take magnisum oxide about 1000 units for the BM thing. I grew up going about once a week, I later found out my mom, aunt, sister, neice - all the women in the family went only once a week. It wasn't until I started taking magnisum oxide I started going to the toilet daily.

... KETOSIS TAKE ME AWAY...
Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

I am frustrated. The scale jumped yesterday to 338 and is down to 337 today. Apparently my body has decided that *now* is the time for the ablation to quit working, so I'm having very light periods after not having one in 3 years. And my hemi's are bleeding again, I'm supposed to get a rubber band ligation when I'd like, I was told that 18 months ago, but I'm scared of it. And now I have an external hemi in addition to the internal. And I still have diarrhea. I'm exhausted, my body hurts (fibro). And hungry, but don't want anything legal. My calories have been too low, under 1700 which for me is bad. *sigh* I want bacon, but I have to ration the bacon. We don't have enough to eat it more often than every 2 weeks or so.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

To Michelle

Michelle, I was given the choice in my recent gyo appt about getting an ablation to stop my periods. Glad I nixed it if it comes back anyway. Not sure what hemi's are. I feel for you on the Fibro. I had a number of customers come in my store that had it. I did hear that low carbing was a viable method to elevate some of the symptoms. I'm sorry that it's not working for you.

The more I read from my 1972 Atkins, the more he emphasizes NOT to ever go hungry. It raises the insulin levels. He says don't stuff but don't be hungry. Calories don't count in this version and the qualifier is if you eat VLC - calories don't count. His later book 2002, if I recall, he modified it to appease the anti-no carb establishments and then in this book, he says Calories do Count.

Anyway, if you are doing 1972 Atkins, eat more to satisfy your hunger but stick to the food list and do the levels of 5-8 grams a day increase per week as long as you are still losing.

In induction, the food list is:

meat and seafood
4 oz hard cheese
fat
2 salads (less than a cupful each) w/celery, cucumber or radishes included in the less than a cup count,oil/ vinegar, spices for dressing. Or a sour pickle, olives instead of a salad.
Sugar free jello w/whipped cream
Revo rolls are ok too on Induction (even though it has cottage cheese)

If you're doing ML's 1968 version - then it's a different list.

Perhaps if you post what you are eating, we can all figure it out.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Start:
08/08/2011 237
Current:
08/11/2011 229.5
Total:

Well I made it to the 220's and I'm hoping to be there only a short stay. Once I get to 222 I should be back in size 16 jeans comfortably.

Breakfast was an Egg Cream with extra strong tea, 1 TBL CO and 1/2 tsp of Cream with and egg and stevia. Yummm

Dinner was a ribeye with about 3 fried green beans at Claim Jumper to celebrate DH's and my 34th aniversary of our 1st date. Good food Good company.

Midday yesterday I broke through to feeling good - finally. I could feel the change over to using fat for energy. One moment muzzy, dull aches and dull head pain to a feeling of well being. One reason I love going next to Zero carb is the change happens faster. Happy girl. Although I've got too many aches and pains still for comfortable sleep. Hoping I get this weight back off and my back and shoulder heals soon.

Here's to day four. Hoping all you are doing well.

I guess I'm doing a '72 Zero Carb - love the bit of cream in the Egg Cream and the Cream in the Quiche I make.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Hemi's are short for hemorrhoids.

I'm not trying to restrict, I just don't want legal stuff. I want ice cream, cookies, POP CORN!

Last edited by lilith79; 08-11-2011 at 01:08 PM..
Old 08-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I'm not trying to restrict, I just don't want legal stuff. I want ice cream, cookies, POP CORN!
Stay strong and keep your goal in mind. I want 70lbs gone by Jan 1st! To do that I gotta be strong.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Start:
08/08/2011 237
Current:
08/11/2011 229.5
Total:

Well I made it to the 220's and I'm hoping to be there only a short stay. Once I get to 222 I should be back in size 16 jeans comfortably.

Breakfast was an Egg Cream with extra strong tea, 1 TBL CO and 1/2 tsp of Cream with and egg and stevia. Yummm

Dinner was a ribeye with about 3 fried green beans at Claim Jumper to celebrate DH's and my 34th aniversary of our 1st date. Good food Good company.

Midday yesterday I broke through to feeling good - finally. I could feel the change over to using fat for energy. One moment muzzy, dull aches and dull head pain to a feeling of well being. One reason I love going next to Zero carb is the change happens faster. Happy girl. Although I've got too many aches and pains still for comfortable sleep. Hoping I get this weight back off and my back and shoulder heals soon.

Here's to day four. Hoping all you are doing well.

I guess I'm doing a '72 Zero Carb - love the bit of cream in the Egg Cream and the Cream in the Quiche I make.
Good job, Jenna! lol - 3 fried green beans. I would have taken a small salad but it seems to be working. You're doing the 1968 version, right? I bet those 3 string beans tasted sweet. Why do you have back and shoulder pains? Injury or Induction Flu? Anyway, kutgw!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

With any diet, you have to restrict, unfortunately. I thought when I tried low fat, high carb - I would be in heaven. Nope. The butter on the popcorn was forbidden, low fat ice cream sux, cookies made with egg whites and margarine or to eat low fat packaged cookies and just have 1? It doesn't cut it. I know you said you don't want to restrict, none of us do but it's the reason why we are trying to lose weight. We didn't restrict before and now it's time to pay the piper or stay as we are. Being overweight isn't fun either. You gotta pick your poison.

An aquaintance of mine had the lap band operation last fall, lost tons of weight, told us they want her on low carb. She didn't listen and now is getting as heavy as she was before the operation. So, that's not the answer either.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello...just wanted to let you know that I have decided to go back to the Stillman diet as Atkins is just not working for me, in fact I managed to gain a pound...I like results and feel discouraged by the later so I am going back to what I know works for me. It has not been all bad the break has done me good. I lost nearly 14lb the first week I ever did Stllman's, crazy amount I know, but proof it works for me, in total I have lost 30lb. I wish you all success, as of now I will be back on the Stillman's August thread.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello...just wanted to let you know that I have decided to go back to the Stillman diet as Atkins is just not working for me, in fact I managed to gain a pound...I like results and feel discouraged by the later so I am going back to what I know works for me. It has not been all bad the break has done me good. I lost nearly 14lb the first week I ever did Stllman's, crazy amount I know, but proof it works for me, in total I have lost 30lb. I wish you all success, as of now I will be back on the Stillman's August thread.
Good luck to you and thanks for writing back to us. You gotta do what works for you in the long run because it should become a way of life.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good job, Jenna! lol - 3 fried green beans. I would have taken a small salad but it seems to be working. You're doing the 1968 version, right? I bet those 3 string beans tasted sweet. Why do you have back and shoulder pains? Injury or Induction Flu? Anyway, kutgw!

The GB's were fryed in Olive Oil and seasoned. Very tasty. )

I don't really know which version I'm doing 68/72 I'm just keeping myself next to Zero Carb, meat, cheese, cream, coconut oil and a whiff of onion in the Quiche.

I went next to Zero Carb a few years ago and lost about 90's in 6 months eatting meat, fish, small grab of lettuce sometimes and macadamia nuts. It was wonderful. No plaque on the teeth, no body oder, no aches or pains. I felt great, wasn't hungry. size 20 to a size 6. Unfortunitly when my husband came home from being gone on an extended business/education trip and I stupidly thought I could do grains and sugar again. :blush: Two years later - fat again.

Last edited by jenna...; 08-11-2011 at 02:53 PM..
Closed Thread