Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
~Reading~Learning~Changing~Understanding~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
I never got to say how my GYN appointment went on Friday. It went well and she recommends I do nothing right now in the form of HRT.

She did give me options for controlling my erratic TOM's but I nixed it and said I don't want to take any prescription meds,BC pills, IUD if I don't have to. I even stopped my Lipitor a month ago and depending on Atkins to lower my cholesteral. She said I am taking very good care of myself and doesn't have a problem with Atkins. She offered me a water pill for my peri-meno water problems but said that water pills make your body dependent on them eventually. I said No, Atkins has a direutic effect anyway and she agreed.

I am so ssorry my computer locked up. I should have rebooted it when I came in this afternoon! Dr. Atkins says in 72 to not take direutic pills' I was taking them. I wonder if later in years did he change his mind about the pills. I think that is one of the sentence that he himself did write that is in nany....

So you stopped Statins! They deplete the body of oxygen. I have heard that it is outlaw in some country. I stopped takin them too!

I am as afraid of that as I am rat poison!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #302
Blabbermouth!!!

Well said Michelle
Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Nite everyone~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilith79
Stats: 346/335/175
Start Date: 8/3/2011
I take a store brand version of Centrum, capsule type. I have taken liquid vitamins in the past and loved them! But, IDK if there are LC versions..
Old 08-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Dr. Atkins says in 72 to not take direutic pills' I was taking them. I wonder if later in years did he change his mind about the pills.

So you stopped Statins! They deplete the body of oxygen. I have heard that it is outlaw in some country. I stopped takin them too!
Yeah, I stopped them when I saw the movie "Fathead". If you haven't watched it yet, it's good and free on Hulu. This was even before I started 1972 Atkins and re-read his book. I did see it in there. I'm about half way through with it. I have read how statins can deplete oxygen and are especially not good for diabetics since it can raise insulin. Also, statins in general are not good for middle aged women. They seems to be more and more evidence out there that says cholesteral levels are NOT indicative of heart disease. Not to even mention hard on the liver.

My DH is having a fit that I stopped and he was recently put on them. He doesn't have high cholesteral but a calcium scoring test showed he has blockage. My calcium score was 5 (little or no blockage) and his score was 400 (coronary heart disease and blockage). I had him watch the movie but he still believes in medical dogma of years past.

He thought since I was a 30+ year smoker and ate fat that he would have the low score and me the high one. I actually think his is caused by too much sugar. He is thin as a rail and eats sugar and carbs all the time.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yeah, I stopped them when I saw the movie "Fathead". If you haven't watched it yet, it's good and free on Hulu. This was even before I started 1972 Atkins and re-read his book. I did see it in there. I'm about half way through with it. I have read how statins can deplete oxygen and are especially not good for diabetics since it can raise insulin. Also, statins in general are not good for middle aged women. They seems to be more and more evidence out there that says cholesterol levels are NOT indicative of heart disease. Not to even mention hard on the liver.

No I have not seen the Fathead movie. Can you put link in here or email me the link?

If your husband is taking statins he should take COQ10. Somewhere in the world if a doctor gives you statins he must also give you COQ10. I cant remember where.

My DH is having a fit that I stopped and he was recently put on them. He doesn't have high cholesterol but a calcium scoring test showed he has blockage. My calcium score was 5 (little or no blockage) and his score was 400 (coronary heart disease and blockage). I had him watch the movie but he still believes in medical dogma of years past.

He is not the only one. My sister knows how bad statins are and she also still takes them. I remember when the surgeon general was on t.v. and told everyone what our numbers should be. That is when all this info and taking the lowering drugs started! It was in the 80s.

He thought since I was a 30+ year smoker and ate fat that he would have the low score and me the high one. I actually think his is caused by too much sugar. He is thin as a rail and eats sugar and carbs all the time.
Linda I agree! Sugar and refined carbs are the main trigger!! I dump blood. I have missed the past few months. It is healthy to get rid of a unit of blood several times a year. I worked at a blood bank once. It lowers your Cholesterol and Triglycerides!

Last night we had one of the worse lighting storms we have ever had. I had to go outside on the patio and unplug the pool. I had a very strange feeling all around me. It was like I could feel the energy from the lighting. I have never felt anything like it before. We did lose power for a while. We unplugged everything we could from the power. I don't know what I felt and I hope I never feel it again!

Going to cook some of my fattie great bacon and eggs
Old 08-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

here comes another storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doctor's scale said 150 today so I must be about 147 because it's usually higher than mine by at least 3 lbs.

Changed my avatar to a picture my daughter took on her cell phone but I was having a bad hair day. I'll get a better one on soon. I just am tired of the one I had on.

The little boxer dog is my daughters and I love her. I get to doggy sit often and will be my big Boxer girls' playmate when she gets bigger. My dog is a sweet but a bruiser - rough and tumble.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Now 11 lbs down since restarting. 11 lbs in 5 days!!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith79 View Post
THAT IS GREAT! WOOHOO!!! That is a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Keep up the good work and eat that liver!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

I tried to make Oopsies. Well, the whites didn't stiffen enough, and I could tell that they weren't going to set right. So I put them in a silicone muffin pan and this was the result:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #312
Blabbermouth!!!

Michelle!!! Thats GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Doctor's scale said 150 today so I must be about 147 because it's usually higher than mine by at least 3 lbs.

Changed my avatar to a picture my daughter took on her cell phone but I was having a bad hair day. I'll get a better one on soon. I just am tired of the one I had on.

The little boxer dog is my daughters and I love her. I get to doggy sit often and will be my big Boxer girls' playmate when she gets bigger. My dog is a sweet but a bruiser - rough and tumble.

Well hi there Linda, I like your picture!!! Cool to see an update. I have got to do that myself.

Man I wish I could say 147
Old 08-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Michelle, Thats is soooooooo greattttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are for sure doing it RIGHT!!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I tried to make Oopsies. Well, the whites didn't stiffen enough, and I could tell that they weren't going to set right. So I put them in a silicone muffin pan and this was the result:

Are the Oopsies sweet? When you make them how many can you eat?? I really dont have a clue as to hw you make them. I have been told I just can't remember.

So you think we should stay away from the bars and shakes. What you said does make good sense! I have not indulged in at least 6 weeks. Maybe longer.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

Breakfast~fried eggs and Wright bacon, till I was content

Lunch~Green hot tea, two cups Got the antioxidants in.

Supper~ Ribeye steak and fried eggs. I even ate the fat for the first and LAST time. It was horrible. I will eat CO from the jar before I ever do that again!!UGH!!!!!

I sure am ready for these pop up storms to be GONE!

Did yall have good day?

I guess we lost jenna and saucie and Dee and makemeslim

porcupine I guess just popped in and left.Maybe he will return....

Last edited by marylouise; 08-08-2011 at 08:41 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
The oopsies made great looking muffins!

I make them all the time in my muffin top pans for DH's lunches. I can't eat them too often as they have too many calories for me. When I make them for sandwiches they come out to be about 115cals a slice.

Marylouise... you can make them sweet or savory.

Anyway today is my 1st day back on very low carb.

Food today was 2 small quiches and an egg cream.

start weight:
08/08/2011 237
Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michelle, birthday? When? I missed that. In any case
Your ooopsies look great. That's a great idea about the silicone muffin pans - I have them. My oopsies were always too flat. I don't have much patience with egg whites. I may make Revo rolls tomorrow if I feel up to it. An egg and bacon sandwich would be a nice change.[/SIZE]
Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna... View Post

I make them all the time in my muffin top pans for DH's lunches. I can't eat them too often as they have too many calories for me. When I make them for sandwiches they come out to be about 115cals a slice.

start weight:
08/08/2011 237

Jenna, YOU'RE BACK !!! We thought you were a goner.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

No, my bday is 3/22.

I did get some hemp powder for the protein and the fiber. 14g fiber in 4T! I plan on making my own shakes soon, so I can ID the ingredients! I'm thinking egg, hemp, cream, vanilla or chocolate extract, Stevia in the Raw, water. I like shakes, but the frankenfood shakes labeled Atkins scare the crap out of me.

If you brown the fat, it's tasty. Or it is IMO. I <3 fat!!

My Oopsies were savory, I added onion powder and dill.

Here's the Oopsies recipe

3 eggs
3 oz cream cheese
1/8tsp cream of tartar

Separate eggs, mix whites with tartar until stiff. Mix yolks with cream cheese. If mixing with the same mixer, mix the whites first. Slowly fold together. Spoon onto greased baking sheet and flatten. Put in a 300 F oven for 30 min. .6g carb each.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

start weight:
08/08/2011 237
jenna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Is their texture like bread or hard pudding?

So if you can put them on sandwiches that would be a salty kind of food. I will when I have extra money to buy stuff to make them, try them out. If I am not going to eat the Atkins bars, I will need to make my own something sweet. I sure will never be able to sit down and let real milk chocolate melt in my mouth again. Oh and I do believe in smell fat, sweet gain theory.

okdokie

GREAT first day! I thought we had lost you. I'm so glad and happy you are still here. I though saying your name would make you show your face and your smile come on post board~~

start weight:
08/08/2011 237
Okay day one!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No, my bday is 3/22.
:blush: - That MaryLouise! You said Happy Birthday to Michelle and I thought you really meant it! Ahem...anyway, in case I don't see you on March 22, Happy Birthday ahead of time

Did anyone mention yogurt on this thread? ML was asking me and I don't remember. I have seen Greek Yogurt plain with lower carbs than the others but none were high fat. All the ones in my stores are still low or no fat.

ML: You will see 120 lbs and be complaining that you need to GAIN weight. A slower loser is better and keeps the weight loss a lot longer. You will get there! Be patient! :::this is coming from an impatient person - myself:::
Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well, that should be interesting.....not I dont know maybe very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Even from your sick bed you make me smile and laugh out loud. David ask me if I had lost my mind! I cant stop smiling!!! You silly girl. It is not Michelle birthday. When I told yall I had lost a pound someone did that to me

Michelle, birthday? When? I missed that. In any case
Your ooopsies look great. That's a great idea about the silicone muffin pans - I have them. My oopsies were always too flat. I don't have much patience with egg whites.

Egg whites are easy!! Let whites come to rom temp. Raise and lower your blades make all air possible get in to whites. You be able to cut white out~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may make Revo rolls tomorrow if I feel up to it. An egg and bacon sandwich would be a nice change.
Gona be kind of hard to do that with leg above heart ME sorry about your leg. You better mind doctor!

Last edited by marylouise; 08-08-2011 at 10:09 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #325
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
:blush: - That MaryLouise! You said Happy Birthday to Michelle and I thought you really meant it! Ahem...anyway, in case I don't see you on March 22, Happy Birthday ahead of time

Did anyone mention yogurt on this thread? ML was asking me and I don't remember. I have seen Greek Yogurt plain with lower carbs than the others but none were high fat. All the ones in my stores are still low or no fat.

ML: You will see 120 lbs and be complaining that you need to GAIN weight. A slower loser is better and keeps the weight loss a lot longer. You will get there! Be patient! :::this is coming from an impatient person - myself:::

SHELLBABY help Linda is killing me with laughin: hyst::hy st::hyst :
Old 08-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Gona be kind of hard to do that with leg above heart ME sorry about your leg. You better mind doctor!
Very funny ML! If there's a will, there's a way.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Going to bed now before my words get me into more trouble tonight.

Sweet Dreams!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

I got to check something then me got to go to bed~~~I'm gona call shell tomorrow and see what is takin her so long to get well. I miss her. Yall are gona love shellbaby and guess what~~ her name is Michelle too. We have 2 Michelle's and 2 Linda's! We be rich :-)

And that right jenna? :-)
Old 08-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Very funny ML! If there's a will, there's a way.

:u p:

u better be good!!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:58 AM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning LCF, My doggie woke me up at 5. I thought we were having another storm. But no storm, she was hungry. I sure wish I could have slept longer.

I ate bacon and eggs and cheese. Got it all in about an hour after I got up.
I probaly be outside most of today swimming. That is if the storms stay away.

I was going to weigh this morning but getting up hours before I should have messed that up for me. My hands are tight, fluid retention still from all that salt from several days ago.

Hope yall have a good day. Linda stay off that leg.

Lindab I hope you are doing good. Having dental work is so horrible. Hope you get well soon and join us back soon.
Closed Thread