Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #1801
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monique
WOE: Atkins
I am so excited. I am down 15 lbs since May 15. I still have 30 to go but the progress is good.
monique is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #1802
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by monique View Post
I am so excited. I am down 15 lbs since May 15. I still have 30 to go but the progress is good.
OMG HUGE on your 15 lbs.... you are rockin' this WOE.

So you are 2/3 of the way to goal! Awesomeness!!! WTG!!!

I'm doing the little happy-happy dance for you! ------>
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #1803
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
OMG HUGE on your 15 lbs.... you are rockin' this WOE.

So you are 2/3 of the way to goal! Awesomeness!!! WTG!!!

I'm doing the little happy-happy dance for you! ------>
Thank you. My appetite has decreased. Sometimes I am hungry and nothing sounds good lol. I am hoping to be 175 by my bday. We will see. Thank you for the support.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #1804
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you. My appetite has decreased. Sometimes I am hungry and nothing sounds good lol. I am hoping to be 175 by my bday. We will see. Thank you for the support.
You are more than welcome!! That's what we are here for to help and support each other... so when's you're b'day? And I hope you are below 175 by then!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #1805
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You are more than welcome!! That's what we are here for to help and support each other... so when's you're b'day? And I hope you are below 175 by then!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
My birthday is July 21st. I like your thinking even if I am a pound less than 175 I will be elated. My appetite is so weird. I get full quicker so I am not eating as much and at times I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing so I don't eat. This was my issue before so it's just a matter of getting used to. I am still adjusting to the sugar free creamers, they still taste blah, otherwise I am good. I love this eating lifestyle and I know it's best for me to stay healthy.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #1806
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth
Favorite helpful foods

So glad to be here...Just finished day 30 of Whole30. Healthy and all but not for weightloss I have discovered so back to Atkins 72.

Many THX in advance for all the wonderful info I am reading here.

Wondering if yall cld share your favs for getting this done.
Like on Whole30 tonsof veggies and I found Vidalia Onions to be my best
friend...they made everything taste better.

What r favorite dressings, coffee creamers etc that r helpful for this WOE?

Like for me Duke Mayo is great and no sugar)
Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #1807
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
So glad to be here...Just finished day 30 of Whole30. Healthy and all but not for weightloss I have discovered so back to Atkins 72.

Many THX in advance for all the wonderful info I am reading here.

Wondering if yall cld share your favs for getting this done.
Like on Whole30 tonsof veggies and I found Vidalia Onions to be my best
friend...they made everything taste better.

What r favorite dressings, coffee creamers etc that r helpful for this WOE?

Like for me Duke Mayo is great and no sugar)
Welcome Beth!!!

First off, let me say that A '72 works like a charm, as long as it's followed religiously (without any cheats). If one tends to cheat, one keeps losing and gaining the same pounds over and over and over again!

Do you have the A '72 book? If you don't -- here's a link to the rules of Induction and the Acceptable Foods List. We don't count NET carbs, we count all carbs.

1972 Atkin's plan by the book

It's on the first page.

Sorry to say that if you're doing A '72 you are going to have to limit your Vidalia Onion because at 1 oz it has 3.2 grams of carbs (a med 5 oz onion has 16 carbs) that's a lot of carbs for a vegetable. In A '72, the goal is to get to almost biological zero in our daily carb consumption. This WOE does not allow for a lot of veggies at the beginning.

I use Almond/Coconut Blend Unsweetened (or Coconut Unsweetened when I can find it) Milk at 45 kcals and 1 carb per 8 oz for my coffee and I make my own Dijon Garlic vinaigrette salad dressing so I know exactly what's in it.

We have an on going thread with supportive people all doing A '72 if you'd like to join us:

Original Atkins 72 - Do you follow it? Part 2

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-08-2014 at 03:12 PM..
Old 06-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #1808
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My birthday is July 21st. I like your thinking even if I am a pound less than 175 I will be elated. My appetite is so weird. I get full quicker so I am not eating as much and at times I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing so I don't eat. This was my issue before so it's just a matter of getting used to. I am still adjusting to the sugar free creamers, they still taste blah, otherwise I am good. I love this eating lifestyle and I know it's best for me to stay healthy.
Have you tried the Silk or Almond Breeze "milks"? The unsweetened ones have btwn 30-45 kcals (depends on the flavor) and 1 carb for every 8 oz. I love the Almond Coconut Unsweetened and the Coconut Unsweetened... they are amazing!!! Makes an awesome cup of café au lait!!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:10 AM   #1809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:

YOU AND ME BOTH are super excited.

I am down 7 lbs in 10 days. nothing like A72 to get off the lbs.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 AM   #1810
Senior LCF Member

I didn't take in enough calories yesterday and I woke up feeling sick. I had 3 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon and by the time I was hungry again it was too late (10pm) to eat and I couldn't decide on what I wanted. I will eat more today and see how I feel. So far I am drinking tea and that is making me feel better. Happy Monday everyone.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #1811
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth
keto sticks

Wow, $18.00 for 50 ketosticks, does anyone have a better price/source pls.

Thx in advance
Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #1812
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
Wow, $18.00 for 50 ketosticks, does anyone have a better price/source pls.

Thx in advance
IMHO, I wouldn't waste my money on them Beth, I've only used them once in '78 cause the book said to. I haven't used them since because of the expense and they are notoriously unreliable. If you stick to the plan 100% you will get results and aren't the scales enough of a stressor without peeing on a stick and praying it turns purple... ?
Old 06-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #1813
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I didn't take in enough calories yesterday and I woke up feeling sick. I had 3 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon and by the time I was hungry again it was too late (10pm) to eat and I couldn't decide on what I wanted. I will eat more today and see how I feel. So far I am drinking tea and that is making me feel better. Happy Monday everyone.
Glad you are feeling better Monique!! Hey it's never too late to eat -- at least in my book.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #1814
Senior LCF Member

I ate more today so I should feel good tomorrow. I have to as tomorrow is my son's last field trip as a third grader, yay. I ate 2 ultimate breakfast sandwiches with no bun from jack n the box and taco ground turkey. :-)
Old 06-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #1815
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I ate more today so I should feel good tomorrow. I have to as tomorrow is my son's last field trip as a third grader, yay. I ate 2 ultimate breakfast sandwiches with no bun from jack n the box and taco ground turkey. :-)

I'm glad you figured out that you need to eat a little more -- it's better than feeling unwell!

Today is Tuesday, so I assume your little man had his last field trip as a 3rd grader... how exciting!! Did you go with him and where, what did you do?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #1816
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm glad you figured out that you need to eat a little more -- it's better than feeling unwell!

Today is Tuesday, so I assume your little man had his last field trip as a 3rd grader... how exciting!! Did you go with him and where, what did you do?
Yes I did go. I try to go on all field trips but his class has a lot of volunteers so at times there is no room for me to go. We went to a community center in our area which also has water for them to play in. It was a great day.

The additional food helped. Today I had a small salad and the taco seasoned ground turkey for dinner.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 PM   #1817
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
IMHO, I wouldn't waste my money on them Beth, I've only used them once in '78 cause the book said to. I haven't used them since because of the expense and they are notoriously unreliable. If you stick to the plan 100% you will get results and aren't the scales enough of a stressor without peeing on a stick and praying it turns purple... ?
bought mine on amazon. 11 bucks for 100
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #1818
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
lost two pounds this week. do not know how to adjust the ticker tho.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:14 AM   #1819
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes I did go. I try to go on all field trips but his class has a lot of volunteers so at times there is no room for me to go. We went to a community center in our area which also has water for them to play in. It was a great day.

The additional food helped. Today I had a small salad and the taco seasoned ground turkey for dinner.
Wow that says something that his class has more parent volunteers at times that not everyone can go -- that's totally amazing!!

Well I'm glad that the additional food helped -- one can't be miserable doing this or one tends not to stick it out for the long haul.

You got this and you'll be successful!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:15 AM   #1820
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vessel of prayer View Post
lost two pounds this week. do not know how to adjust the ticker tho.
Who cares about the ticker -- it's the loss that's IMPORTANT!! Huge that's terrific!! WTG!!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #1821
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Hi everyone, I so need to get my mind back on this approach.

I hope you all don't mind helping me out.

I want to begin tomorrow, and I've been noticing that calories shouldn't play a role or am I wrong?

I only have a few pounds to drop, but seem to be stuck. My problem is that I tried eating anything at a low calorie approach like under 1200 and end up gaining 3lbs in two days. I was shocked. So now I'm stuck with those pounds gained and have been trying regular atknis with using avocados as my fat source, which I won't do anymore because they gross me out.

However, I feel I want more protein and fat choices than just two eggs in the morning.

Therefore, I figure if I come to this approach it might help me out alot better.

I guess my questions are if you guys worry about calories , fat added, protein ratios?

Thank you
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #1822
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post

I want to begin tomorrow, and I've been noticing that calories shouldn't play a role or am I wrong?

I only have a few pounds to drop, but seem to be stuck. My problem is that I tried eating anything at a low calorie approach like under 1200 and end up gaining 3lbs in two days. I was shocked. So now I'm stuck with those pounds gained and have been trying regular atknis with using avocados as my fat source, which I won't do anymore because they gross me out.

However, I feel I want more protein and fat choices than just two eggs in the morning.

Therefore, I figure if I come to this approach it might help me out alot better.

I guess my questions are if you guys worry about calories , fat added, protein ratios?

Thank you
I have 30 pounds to loose not just a few so I am not sure if my advise will help. I have been eating meat and eggs or meat and cheese. No lunch meat or processed foods and i have lost 15 pounds since May 15. This morning I had six pieces of bacon with a little cheese and today I had 4 hamburger patties with 4 slices a cheese from In and Out. I may not eat anything else because all that protein keeps me full. I don't count calories I just eat meet, cheese and eggs. I hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:06 AM   #1823
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Thank you
to the A '72 LC WOE Party!

You didn't mention how many pounds you wanted to lose...

In any case, you don't count kcals (calories) on A '72. If you go to the first page of this thread, the Rules and Acceptable Food List are listed, if you don't have the book.

I on the other hand, count kcals because I have portion control issues and could sit and graze all DAY long -- no lie!!

On A '72 we don't worry at all about nutrient macros... the golden rules are: Eat the Acceptable Foods on the List, eat and drink only when hungry and thirsty, and don't when you are not. We don't force food or drink.

Many of us have been very successful doing A '72 WOE.

We have another thread with supportive and amazing people that is strictly dedicated to A '72:

There's only ONE problem with this LC WOE, once people stop and go back to eating those toxic, poisonous, insidious crappy killer carbs they tend to gain the weight back rather quickly PLUS more... I know, been there DONE that... have the T-shirts from 4XL down to Medium to prove it!!

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-12-2014 at 03:08 AM..
Old 06-12-2014, 06:01 AM   #1824
Senior LCF Member

Thank you both. I have like 5 lbs so far as my goal to drop.

Thanks so much for helpful inforamtion. I guess I'm just fearing because even at 1100 I gained I was shock and this is just eating egg whites and like carby foods. Therefore I felt I need to eat whole foods and drop this low cal thinking cause i'm just holding on to fat and not losing nothing.

So today I'm picking up the work out speed trying focus on strength training a little more than a light job.

did few minutes jumping jacks, run in place a little job mixture
I work out about 10 mins plus added some jumping and running for two mins after my breakfast meal

I want to trim my belly and thighs a bit.

I had for breakfast

plain black tea, with splenda
2 eggs
2 large mushrooms about a cup chopped up cooked
1 thin steak fried in pan with eggs allowing the grease to soak into the entire meal
and one mozzarella stick low fat. I know should be high fat but that was my calorie saving method i guess and to have a more protein choice than fat choice i guess lol

afterawards 16oz of water

and right now some more water hoping another 16oz.

feel ok right now. plan to keep to my three meals or see how it goes.

So far enjoying it and feel good. Thank you both again.

and congrats on that success you both had. I hope I have some as well.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #1825
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Melsie52
Stats: 202/190/140
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 12, 2014
Finally on my first day of Atkins '72. After all my bad blood results from blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol I hit rock bottom and never want to feel as bad as I did yesterday. I am so determined to get off my Metformin and to never go on any BP pills. Food was my celebration with my husband. We can still celebrate on low carb anywhere and I never want to feel as mentally and physically bad as I have. Enough is enough. Just needed to get this off my chest. Melanie
Melsie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:31 AM   #1826
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I had for breakfast
plain black tea, with splenda
2 eggs
2 large mushrooms about a cup chopped up cooked
1 thin steak fried in pan with eggs allowing the grease to soak into the entire meal
and one mozzarella stick low fat. I know should be high fat but that was my calorie saving method i guess and to have a more protein choice than fat choice i guess lol

afterawards 16oz of water

and right now some more water hoping another 16oz.

feel ok right now. plan to keep to my three meals or see how it goes.

So far enjoying it and feel good. Thank you both again.

and congrats on that success you both had. I hope I have some as well.
So you are close to your personal goal weight? You said you only had 5 lbs to lose?

Since you posted your menu, can I make an observation:

If you're doing A '72 Induction, mushrooms aren't on the Acceptable food list -- we try to stay as close to biological zero carbs. 1 cup cooked 'shrooms have approx. 5 carbs give or take. Aside from that, you are doing great!

I know it's hard to go from counting kcals to carbs -- it's such a different mind shift.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 AM   #1827
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsie52 View Post
Finally on my first day of Atkins '72. After all my bad blood results from blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol I hit rock bottom and never want to feel as bad as I did yesterday. I am so determined to get off my Metformin and to never go on any BP pills. Food was my celebration with my husband. We can still celebrate on low carb anywhere and I never want to feel as mentally and physically bad as I have. Enough is enough. Just needed to get this off my chest. Melanie
Melsie!!

Glad you got that off your chest, please feel free to vent anytime -- that's what we're here for.

If you're doing A'72 we have another thread dedicated to this LC WOE with awesome people who have been very successful following this -- it's a lovely group that are supportive and very helpful:

Wishing all of us continued success on our LC WOE journeys!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:05 AM   #1828
Senior LCF Member

Not sure whats going on I seem to be a pound up
today so unsure what is causing it or if its normal.

my calories past few days only 1200-1210 I was lucky that not really hungry
However, maybe mushrooms are why I am not losing.
my meals are like

steak umm thin like all beef steak 1
a cup black tea + one splenda packet
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
2 eggs
1 string cheese low fat
16oz water

more water

lunch-
1 burger beef
2 eggs
cup mushrooms
half diet snapple
16oz water

water more

dinner-
beef burger
2 eggs
string cheese low fat
cup mushrooms
16oz water
rest 1/2 diet snapple

more water if needed

and thats the day

for exercise I did pick it up a bit-
I added 10 mins more after and before each meal doing a little bit to pick up metabolism
( run in place, and jumping jacks)

before breakfast - 10 minutes of jumping jacks, and running in place, + 2 mins of light jog as cool down

I haven't been sleeping well either
However why does it seem not dropping anything. I know I look a bit more toned and trim then before, but what about the
weight will it be going down soon or should i change something?

Last edited by natosha120; 06-14-2014 at 04:06 AM..
Old 06-14-2014, 04:10 AM   #1829
Senior LCF Member

also the mushrooms aren't cooked measurement

its raw measurement is a cup

so 2 carbs.

I only thought it be safe to lose weight is to eat less so don't eat so much, but is this also wrong?
Old 06-14-2014, 04:15 AM   #1830
Senior LCF Member

do you think well I guess scared to drop the mushrooms i mean 6 carbs to the day right there, but scared like appetite will pick up and so will eating alot more food. However, do you think they could be the problem, and if possible since I just got more to just maybe have one serving at breakfast or maybe even half it up a bit so have half a cup 1 carb per meals. would be better, because really don't want to throw 8 dollars worth of mushrooms away.