Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #1651
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marsha044
Stats: 261/261/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2012
help

I have been going on and off plan all week. I get so hungry and so of it is just "wanting" to eat and not really hungry. Any ideas and please share some meal plans for induction. thanks for any help.
marsha044 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #1652
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Sure, I will post what I eat every day from the prior day.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, 1 sausage
L - chicken salad
D - buffalo chicken w/ ranch, spinach salad w/ranch
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #1653
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suzy
Day 8! no Cheats!!

Hi Marsha, I know it sure is hard to stick with the plan but if you can the hunger seems to subside. If you mindlessly munch all day because of craving carbs,mindlessly munch all day on very high fat approved foods, I promise you will come to a point that if you eat one more thing you might get sick.As long as you stick with the induction list you will not gain.In Dr. ATkins book he talks about the addiction of sugar and after my slip last week I have come to realize, this IS an addiction. At the time I slipped, I was not hungry just the scent of the candy and apple pie was enough to gobble it up before I realized what hit me. So I do my best now to recognize what I am feeling, substitute with what I can have and stick to the program.

Be proud of each day you make it through and control your addiction to sugar/carbs, That is reason to celebrate!

Yesterdays menu
B-2bacon,1sausage,1egg,dail vit with minerals
L-Chicken Broth ,Parmesan Cheese, Baked Chicken Quarter and Breast,Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Romaine Lettuce (salad), 1 cup, shredded
D-Ground beef, lean, 5 oz,Extra Virgin Olive Oil,Parmesan Cheese, grated,
Romaine Lettuce (salad), Onions, raw, 1 slice, thin
S-Pork Rinds

I noticed a remarkable drop in my appetite as the days progress. I have been eating more calories at each meal but my snack cravings are slipping away...YAY
Slightly off colored on keto stick, maintained current weight

Pam I do that up and down junk too, it can be so aggravating! This is why I have started counting days and treating the sugar as an addiction. The object of the game is to get healthy, eat and feal better, weight loss is just a great by product. I'm so proud of you getting right back on track, we will make our lives so much better
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #1654
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Had girls night out last night out last night. Eat only what I knew I could. Had chicken salad before I left the house so I wouldn't be hungry and would make good choices. Did wel. Up alot today and very sleep. I knew that was coming though with all the candy a few days ago.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, 1 oz cheese
L - chicken salad
D - chicken salad, buffalo chicken dip,guacamole, few peanuts
Old 11-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #1655
Junior LCF Member

Thanks

Thanks so much for the tips. I will go shopping tomorrow when I get paid and buy my allowed foods.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #1656
Junior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Excellent job Pam. I love still being able to go out for dinner and not having to feel I cheated. I just love low carb eating!

Day 9 no cheats!!!

127lbs

I have made my 5 lb goal! now on to the next! My weight loss goal is 122 lbs. I am anticipating this loss by November 18.

Yesterday was a "I dont feel hungry day" By supper time when I started cooking, the smell of food made me ravenous, so I ate till I couldn't eat any more and then ate some more as a snack a few hours later.
Heres my menu..
B-2bacon,1sausgae (I just love my breakfast sausage )
D-1.5 boneless skinless chicken thigs fried (dipped in egg with pork rind flour) green salad with extra virgin olive oil and parmasean cheese and egg topping

I found these awesom chicken thighs at Kroger on sale, I much rather have dboned,not really worried about the skin as we can have it but since it came that way, well there you have it. I did try something new last night, I ran out of pork rind flour right at the end but I used knojac root glucomannan as flour. I have used this as a corn starch alternative before, I actuallu like the crust this made better, it was much crispier. I you are not familiar, this is sold as a dietary aid for fiber. 2 caplets have 1 carb,<1 gram of dietary fiber,<1 gram of soluble fiber. If you have seen those miracle no carb noodles, this is what they are made of. I seem to have problems taking it as a suppliment, it clogs up the plumbing (so to speak) I guess I do not drink enough water. I read last night how you could use it to make general tso's chicken low carb so I figured why not. I believe buying in bulk is a bit expensive but it really doesnt take much , I just broke open the caplets and it worked great.

Okay lots to do today so I will close for now.. Have a great low carb day!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #1657
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Down 3lbs this am Funny how I go up and down so much. Not much to say. Wasn't the best yesterday, but today will be great. See ya. Have a great day.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #1658
Junior LCF Member

Day 10 no cheat day!!!

Today is going to be an awesome day! WTG Pam! 3 lbs!!

Lost .5 again, 126.5 YAY!!! This IS the lightest I have been since I became disabled 3 years ago!This is so exciting!

Ok here is my menu...
B-2bacon,1sausage
L-A daily double from Micky Ds minus tomato,bread and american cheese
Thats basically 2 pieces of me ,1/2 cup shredded lettuce, 1 tbsp of mayo
D-1/3 pound ground beef patty, 1 cup of beef broth, mayo
S- 2 sausage patties, 1 cup of salad
Not able to eat as much at each meal I guess.
Have a fabulous low carb day!!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #1659
Junior LCF Member

today

B 1 egg, 1 sausage

I have to stick to this. Thanks for the motivation.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #1660
Junior LCF Member

Day 11 no cheat day! no change on the scales, dark pink on the ketos last night!

Happy Saturday!
You won't believe how many calories I put away yesterday. I read alot about low carb yesterday and came across a statement that said that stalls can be from not having enough fat and too much protein.I have read that we need 1 gram per pound of body weight of protein to support muscle tone. From what I read a woman can go as high as 136, what happens after this is interesting. protein is then metabolized as sugar, well that is something we dont want. I went on a shopping trip yesterday,picked up some fish oil, heavy cream and cheese. I am using heavy cream in my coffee after breakfast and supper as my treat, fish oil is a given, and trying to utilize cheese and other fats in my cooking. I know that my keto stick turn a much darker pink last night.
Dont scrimp on the fat ladies.. I ate over 1800 calories yesterday, meals were not huge but the need for snacks continued to be reduced...
heres my menu
B-1egg,1sausage patty,2strips of bacon,1 tsp of flax seed meal(constipated),bacon grease drippings,coconut oil 1tblsp
L-atkins friendly daily double(meat,lettuce,mayo),cod liver oil
D-lettuce,6oz beef,2oz cheese( homade taco salad, homemade seasonings saved 4 carbs)
S- 2.5 oz pork rinds, 1 tblsp heavy cream

Fat 73% protein 26% only 3 carbs for the day

Last edited by suzy; 11-10-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #1661
Junior LCF Member

Day 12 no cheat day! Scale went up 1.6 lbs, had 6330 grams of sodium yesterday.. oh my! Keto sticks very pink last night and light pink in the am, so good to go

I bought a kitchen scale from Aldis yesterday during my shopping trip, awesome digital scale for 5.99 on clearance! You would not believe how much block cheese is 1 oz.. omg I was sick of cheese by the time I finished eating it..lol

B-2bacon,1egg
L-10 hot wings from Rally's
D- salad from Casanos, ceasar dressing
S-pork rinds, cheese and cream in my coffee in am and pm

I hope everyone has a fantastic low carb day!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #1662
Junior LCF Member

PS Got a bit of a cold, diabetic cough syrup is outragiously priced! Using sugar free cough drops and vicks to rub in with.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #1663
Junior LCF Member

Got the munchies tonight, shredded some cheese and spread it out on parchment paper, cooked it fora minute in the microwave. This just peeled right off the paper, as it cooled it turned crispy, just pop off a piece and enjoy the salty crunch! I loved it.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #1664
Junior LCF Member

Day 14 no cheat day! I have finally made the full 2 week induction with no cheats.. wow!
I have not lost the 1.5 gain, but along with stress this week (son is graduation from boot camp and I cant go, other related issues) and working out with callanetics, I am not realy worried, I am still in ketosis says the strips, still testing first thing in the morning and last at night. So I guess all is well, just waiting for the whoosh. I believe I am going to add 5 carbs starting today. I need to read a bit more to make sure I so this right.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #1665
Junior LCF Member

Day 15 no cheat day! Yeterday I added a 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli, it was sooo good
Keto stick was the dark pink or light purp this morning.Weight finally droped .5 pound so hopefully on my way down.
Today I had an amazing 1/2cp of cauliflower with pork chop gravy on top, sooo good, just did my pm test and its midrange! I am so tickled.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful carbfreedom week

Last edited by suzy; 11-14-2012 at 08:30 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 02:10 AM   #1666
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
I'm keeping track of your progress Suzy! I have had 15 days also cheat free and am down 5 pounds. I lose a couple of oz a day which is ok with me as long as the scale keeps moving this way. kutgw!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #1667
Junior LCF Member

Hi Abigale! Congradulations of your 15 cheat free days and your weight loss! WTG!!

Day 16 no cheat day!
The weight definately can fluctuate so I try not to get too fixated with that number as I am with my carb number
I measured today and gained in one place, lost some in another, came down to a total of 1/2" loss in a week, and I call that great.
Yesterdays menu
B-2bacon,1sausage
L-Baked 3 piece from Lee's(leg quarter and breast) 1cup of salad,1tblsp of mayo
D-1porkchop with cream gravy,1/2cp cauliflower steamed,1cp salad with1tblsp of ceasar dressing.
S-2 servings of pork rinds
keto stick was white this am, I noticed my fat percentage we closer to 60 than 80, wonder if thats the diff, but white is change so I am happy
Old 11-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #1668
Junior LCF Member

Ok day 17 Cheat Free Days!!!!
Scale moved finally!127 thats down .5
Keto stick was midrange red last night and pinkish white this am,think I need more fat? maybe..

menu from thursday
B-2 pork chops, 2 tblspoon of cream gravy
L-3/4 cup of cauliflower,1oz of cheddar cheese
D-daily double from Micky D's 2 mt patty,xtra lettuce,onion mayo
S-Chicken thigh, 3oz cheese,sausage 2oz
Old 11-17-2012, 04:11 AM   #1669
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hi Suzy!

I used to think if my keto stix were only pink and not deep purple I was not losing that much fat. Below is a quote from carbwire magazine that explains why the color changes on different days.

"Noted biochemistry professor Dr. Richard Feinman from SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn, New York provided a very succinct explanation for how these Ketostix are supposed to work:

“There is a continuum of ketosis. In fact, one of the features of ketone bodies is that, unlike other fuels, glucose and fatty acids, they can be present in plasma over a wide range of concentrations. What is true is that Ketostix measure ketonuria (ketones in the urine) which may or may not give you an accurate view of plasma ketone bodies. If ketone bodies are used as fast as they are made, you may never see ketosis.”

This should give those people who see pink or even beige on the ketone testing strips hope that they are indeed in ketosis even if the tests say otherwise. The bottom line you should remember is that Ketostix are merely a low-carb guide to provide proof that you are livin’ la vida low-carb in a ketogenic state, but they’re really not that necessary if you are keeping your carbohydrates significantly reduced below 50g daily. When you are doing that, then you WILL be in ketosis. Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion about why some people seek purple and others see pink or beige."
Old 11-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #1670
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Abigale. I am trying not to get too hung up on colors and just understand change is good. I read somewhere that the first in the morning test is more indicative to what is happening in your body, that I am not sure of so I do test 2x a day. It is very nice to see a color change when the scales dont change or goes up for no reason.
This is why I am trying to be really careful this run. I want to watch and stay commited to the good changes happening.When Dr. Feinman stated below 50g carbs I am assuming that is carbs and not net carbs. I am trying not to look to net carbs and truly keep a watch on how many carbs I am taking in. Before if I went over 30 carbs I gained like crazy. This is why I went back to step one and am taking adding carbs much slower.

As far as tools I think the journal both food and the ability to journal and share ideas is probably the greatest tool I have. Then comes keto sticks and the measuring tape. and lastly the scale. As I see it the scale lies and the measuring tape can as well with TOM. (Even though I seem to be past that, I still gain 2 to 5 pounds during a given week of the month so I guess my body hasn't gotten the whole message yet

So today I am celebrating Day 18 cheat free! YAY! Thats a very big thing for me

midrange on the keto last night and pink this morning, no change in weight, mentally feel positive and not hungry(Dr. Atkins says this is more of a reflection on how you are doing on the diet than anything).

10 carb total

B-2 pieces of sausage
L-Romaine Lettuce (salad), 1.25 cup,Chicken Thigh,Butter, salted, 1 tbsp,Bacon, 2 medium slices,Bacon Grease Dripping1 tbsp,Spanish Manzanilla Olives Pimento stuffed, 1 serving,Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1 tbsp
Mayonnaise, regular (mayo), 1 tbsp

D-Ham,Bacon, 2 medium slices,Pepperoni, 13 slices.Romaine Lettuce (salad), 1 cup,Tomatoes, red, , 2 wedge Ceasar Salad Dressing, 1 tbsp

S-Mike-Sells Smoked Pork Rinds Original, 4 serving,Cheese, Extra Sharp Chedder, Kraft Cracker Barrel Aged Reserve, 1 oz
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #1671
Junior LCF Member

Day19 Cheat free!
Calories were rather low yesterday tho fat % was good, 10 carbs, still in ketosis, still no weight drop :/
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #1672
Junior LCF Member

Happy Low carb no cheat day 20!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Yesterday I was so lazy and just did not log my food, but stayed well within my 10 grams of carbs, so yeah nice lazy day for me
Still at 127 this morning as well as showing ketos pink, I am so glad I have those keto sticks they bring me a bit of validation in all of this

So I have to tell you about my amazing breakfast. I made bacon eggs and sausage, not a big thing for me if anyone follows my diet, but, I also made milk gravy,TO DIE FOR!
Just one capsule of the Glucomannan root pwder mixed with probably 1/2 cup water and just a dollup of hc, mix it up good and pour it in my frying pan with the grease renderings, just enough for gravy on my eggs and dipping for my sausage and bacon.Im telling you, this southern gal was in hog heaven

If you havent tried the konjac root powder or you have been on the fence about it, pick up just a small bottle and check it out. I know its available loose as well, I am just using what I have on hand.

Ok off to get my wonderful day going! Hope you all have a tremendous day!

Last edited by suzy; 11-19-2012 at 07:40 AM..
Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #1673
Junior LCF Member

happy low carb day 21, thats 3 weeks cheat free! Woot!!!

It is really crazy I am still sitting at 127 and in ketosis,could be from exercising I guess.Well I will take measurements later this week and see if that has changed. I still feel FANTASTIC and am not hungry all the time, Dr.Atkins says that is the most important indicators that the diet is working.I wonder if it coulf be the sugar free cough drops I have been using, lots of sugar alcohols. well almost done with the cold so we shall see.
Everyone please have an amazing low carb day!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #1674
Junior LCF Member

Happy Thanksgiving!
I am thankful for a healthy body and mind! I am 23 days sugar and starch free!

I had a very low to no carb day yesterday, and finally back dawn to 126.5 Now as I look back over my posts I do wonder if all the cough drops had my weight stalled. I was using sugar free but who knows. I am glad even for the .5 loss. Deep into purple range now on the ketosis sticks.
So what is everyone doing about the big dinner? I am hoping I can control my addiction to sugar today. Just because its there and I see/smell the yummmies does NOT mean I have to eat it.. right?

Have a blessed thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #1675
Junior LCF Member

Hello everyone! Well I almost made it through Thanksgiving, but hubby bade me eat, hmm, tempted me with, yeah thats closer to it, tempted me with a dark chocolate Reeses peanut butter cup, 22 carbs boom! So I got right back on that horse, 26 days carb free now, remained in ketosis the whole time but gained 3 pounds, that is STILL coming off. Reeses wasnt that good, I have to remember that!

How is everyone doing? The weather has had my workouts to zwero lately but the sky is clear I am feeling a bit better today so going to try to get a walk in or a work out done today!
Have a wonderful carb free day!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #1676
Junior LCF Member

Day 27 low carb day!
Thinking about cookies and pies this week. I have my nut flours in the freezer along with flax seen meal. perhaps time to try some baking here soon! I definately feel some strawberries coming up

I had 1.5 oz of almonds yesterday, still in ketosis, in fact very purple last night so today I am doing better tracking my food. Got lazy about keeping my food journal. Thats what keeps me honest! Today, so far, I have added 1/2 cp of spinach this morning, had some almonds and a slice of tomato with my lunch! Yum! So far I am at 5 carbs, what I would like to do is make 15 carbs my goal this week.

Last edited by suzy; 11-27-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #1677
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i have not done ATKINS '72 since the 1970s

i will be beginning on Dec 26. i was young then. Not so young now. I want to feel well on retirement day 2/15/13, regardless of what the scale has to offer. Let us all wish ourselves Q'APLAH (Klingon for SUCCESS!!!)Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #1678
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 7.2.14 * 249#
WOE: Atkins 72, controlled portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
I'm back on board...

I orginally lost a lot of weight on Atkins original 1972... more than 10 years ago. I was never able to stay on any other plan... I don't exercise significantly because of disability. I bought the new book... & foolishly let the original book go. Well, the new version didn't work. I swore I'd not gain the weight back 60+#. Well, I'm within 10 of my high point. I was off Atkins. Nothing to do but start over.
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #1679
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CjTitus
Stats: 172/130/120
WOE: Atkins 72
Thanks

Thank you for posting this! I don't have the old book anymore just the newer ones, and this original diet is what worked for me! Cj
CjTitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #1680
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tripswitch
Stats: 5'9" 178/140/135
WOE: LCHF
I just ordered a collectible hardcover first edition of Atkins '72 on Amazon and I can't wait for it to get here... I'm really excited and really looking forward to trying it out... I've been using DANDR with great results, but after reading Taubes recently I've really become interested in the history behind LC... and now I really want to get back to basics and take my diet "old school" so to speak...

Looking forward to updating here soon with my results...
tripswitch is offline   Reply With Quote