Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #1621
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suzy
Thats awesome Jeanie!! I am hoping to add some salad maybe tomorrow if the stick turns grape but not really worried about it.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #1622
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
I was never able to get that high. Some people say it's do to not drinking enough water. Don't know. I figure if it pink your doing something right.

I think I will have beef broth today with my cheeseburger. I want to be totally good for the weekend and see on Monday how things are going. Down 1.5lbs today, but with Tom here I know I will be up tomorrow and down and up. UGH!!!
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #1623
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Down another pound today! Not expecting that at all, usually after a loss day I bounce up and down before I see a new low.

Hope we all have a great on plan weekend
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #1624
Junior LCF Member

Wow you girls are doing GREAT!
I may have to settle for pink to red Pam, we'll see. I actually had 2 slices of cucumber at lunch but my stomach doesnt seem really happy with them.
I had to take several readings on the scale this morning and guess, so I am saying 128, as I wieght 128.5 then 127.5 after a short time, then 128.. crazy scales. I will probably post this weekend just to keep me honest

Ya'll have a great weekend!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #1625
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

My scale does that too. I had to get a new one and this new one is all over the place. I weight 3 times and take the reading that comes up twice. Annoying.....

I broke down and went to the store and picked up some cucumbers. Had a few last night for snack w/ranch. Yummy. That's what I needed some crunch at night. Hanging in there at 155. 128 is my goal weight, but not sure I can get there. right now I am taking one day at a time. Just want to get into the 140's first.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #1626
Big Yapper!!!!

Those scales can be maddening! Mine was giving me readings all over the place today and finally settled at the same weight I was yesterday. I have a WW scale and it seems like I have to step on it a couple of times before it unsticks from the weight you were the last you used it?

I need some crunch too Pam. Tomorrow is technically my last day of level 1 so I might venture out and see if I can eat a little more than meat and still keep the carb cravings at bay.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #1627
Junior LCF Member

Well I tried a little cheese last night and weight did not go down, strips turned white so guess I am not ready for that or the few cukes at lunch. Oh well, I know it will go down eventually if I stick to the program, happy Saturday everyone.. Halloween party tonight... eating before I go..wish me luck
my scales are ww too, this morning they said 123 I was estatic, then I stepped on them again and it said... 128.. fine... 128 I'll take that at least it didnt go up

Last edited by suzy; 10-27-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #1628
Major LCF Poster!

LOL, darn scales again at 155. had a great dinner last night. BLT salad. Haven't had it in awhile and it was so yummy. I didn't put tomatos in it, because I didn't have them. So I guess it was a BL salad

Have a good day all.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #1629
Big Yapper!!!!

Down .8 today had some eggs/cheese yesterday along with my meat. Using all my carb allowance today on s/f cold-eeze, catching a cold from the kids at work.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #1630
Junior LCF Member

Hello girls! I did pretty good at the party, ate 6 meatballs all night and had my coke zero with me. Still hanging at 128, strips well good and pink today so going to cheat a little and have soft tacos from taco bell minus the tortilla.
I hope everyone is doing good today, my oh my its soo cold and damp in ohio today..brrrrr
Jeanie you might try Echinacea and vit c, I take it with my meals, seems to help ward off what we may come in contact with.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #1631
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Home today. No school and kids sick Will be busy cleaning. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #1632
Junior LCF Member

Happy Monday every one!

No weight gain no loss, the stick did turn a draker pink last night so dont guess the trip to taco bell hurt too much. Taking my measurements I gained .5" in my calf, cardio dance maybe... One thing I did notice is I am standing taller and my clothes are fitting different from just that ability, so I will take that as very positive...

Pam I hope the kids get better really soon. We are getting ready for the storm today, lets hope it is not the super storm predicted

Last edited by suzy; 10-29-2012 at 07:52 AM..
Old 10-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #1633
Junior LCF Member

I am late posting today, what a day, lots of cold sleet and rain, and trickatreaters...
I guess I did not do too well I ate about four small candies, thank goodness I did not buy chocolate, it would have been worse.
So getting back on track, supper will be 1/3lb chopped beef burger and a salad, actually sounds really yummy!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #1634
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

I am back. Lost power for 4 days. Finally got it back at 3:39 pm yesterday right before the trick or treating started. Wow a shower never felt so good. Anyway, starting today day 1. Hubby on board so let's get this weight off
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #1635
Junior LCF Member

Oh that sounds GREAT Pam. my hubby brought in two huge bags of chocolate last night... I just kind of grimaced and grabbed my pork rindsand cheese I found something out, by weighing stuff, I have over estimated the weight of cheese and porkrinds.. so gonna weigh and measure everything for a while I think
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #1636
Major LCF Poster!

So know what you mean. I am now cutting up my blocks of cheese into 1 oz pieces. i was eating way too much.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #1637
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Same weight but that's ok. Don't figure I will be ketosis until tomorrow so no worries. Hubby down 2 lbs. Go figure. Men

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, sausage, 1 oz cheese
L - 1 chicken leg, 2 oz cheese
D - 1 chicken leg, 1/2 bag cauliflower w/ 1.5oz cream cheese
S - 1/2 cup coffee,hwc,splenda
Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #1638
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kacey4150
Stats: 229/214/175
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: January 7, 2013
NEwbie here!

HI Ladies!! Love reading all of your posts....Very inspirational. I've done something similair to Atkins 72 in the past and had awesome results. But, over the past 2 years I've gained almost 60 lbs!!! YIKES
I've done eveything from HCG diets to a few not so sucessful atkins attempts and I just can't seem to get the weight to come off. I'm really wanting to start up on Monday but I wanted to ask you gals,

***what version of Atkins is working for you?? ***

72 or Cheryl's DR's diet....?? I have copies of both and the one I've done in the past is closer to Chery's but now everyones talking about net carbs and COCONUT OIL and I'm just totally lost.

For me the simpler the better. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!!!!
Kacey4150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #1639
Junior LCF Member

Good morning, or afternoon ,well its morning somewhere
Kacey! I am doing Atkins 72 basically. There are not many ingredients in Cheryls plan that is not allowed in the first 2 weeks of Atkins 72 although there are some yummy additions you can make to the salad from atkins like spinach and celery. Doesnt sound like a big deal but in taste and texture, VERY BIG DEAL.
I don't drink beer and very few mixed drinks but, I know I can should I decide to have one if I follow the guidlines in Cheryl's plan.
I am not calculating net carbs, that is from newer versions of the Atkins diet. As far as Coconut oil, carb count is 0 must be a good fat. I think the most important part of Atkins is to remember this is a high calorie low carb diet. What I am planning is perhaps trying the net carb count once I am in maintence, for now, I am chuggin along.
Yesterday was the second day since my cheat, today I am dont to precheat weight of 127.5, ketones are not regestering yet, but I am ok with that.

Starting to weigh stuff to see what 1 ounce looks like you know what? An ounce of cheese is a lot of cheese. Now I know I can have my thin slices off the block up to 8 of them and still be within my 4oz range.
Menu for yesterday
B-2 slinces of bacon, 1 sausage patty, .5oz of aged cheddar
L-1/3 lb beef burger(home cooked) 1 cup salad greens,1tblsp ceasar dressing
D-salmon patties(porkrinds/breading) 1cup salad greens,olive oil,parmasean cheese
S-3oz pork rinds, 25oz aged cheddar

Have a great day everyone, we can do this!!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #1640
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

I'm am doing just what Suzy is as well. I don't like beer or mixed drinks and I think that's the biggest difference between the Cheryls and Atkins. You can have it later on with Atkins as well. My problem is wine. I love white wine. I was really bad and had some last night with candy. What was I thinking? Had a very bad day. Anyway Time to give it up completely and do Atkins 72 or I will never loose.
I too love the extras on the salad. Or for me they are great munchies for the crunch.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, 1 sausage
L - chicken salad, 1/2 cup cauliflower w/cream cheese
D - 1/2 lb. cheese burger, lettuce,onion, mayo
S - wine, candy
Old 11-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #1641
Junior LCF Member

They are a great crunch for snack time Pam
BTW I did not eat 25oz cheese that was 2.5 lol
ok so here is my menu today,ended up with 2 meals today, I may eat a little more later but here we are

B-1bacon slice and 2 small pieces of sausage
D- 1/3 lb ground beef, 1 cup salad greens, tablespoon of fried mushroom and onions

Don't worry about that wine cheat Pam. lets get this going

Last edited by suzy; 11-03-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #1642
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

The cheat is showing up on the scale this am oh well no worries just get my butt in gear. Trying to sit down and do the menu and make sure I have my salads Really working on geting the spinach in me.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 1/2 lb. cheese burger, lettuce,onion, mayo
L - 1/2 cup chicken salad over spinach
D - southwestern chicken taco soup
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1643
Junior LCF Member

Pam you have the right attitude! Dont let a stumble stop you!

What's taco soup? That sounds good!

The scales haven't moved but I feel better and that is why we are doing this right?

I am 5 days with no cheats!
I remember when I quit smoking logging the days was a great source of determination, so if you will indulge me I am going to post my days of excellence. If I "cheat" I promise to set my count back to 0!

I hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #1644
Major LCF Poster!

Post away

Creamy Southwestern taco soup is very good. I make it with 2 lbs beef not just one. Linda's sue recipes.

Welcome to Genaw.com

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, taco meat w/cheese
L - 1/2 cup chicken salad over spinach
D - pork chops, 1 cup salad, cucumbers 1/2cup
S - taco meat w/cream cheese

CHERI'S CREAMY SOUTHWESTERN TACO SOUP
1 pound ground beef
2 3/4 ounces onion, chopped, 1/2 cup
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 10-ounce cans Ro-tel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
2 cans beef broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste

In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic; drain. Add the spices and cook a couple minutes. Drop the cream cheese in bits into the meat. With the back of a big spoon, smash it into the meat until no bits of white remain. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.

Makes 8 cups or 6-8 servings
Freezing not recommended

Per 1/6 Recipe: 361 Calories; 29g Fat; 18g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 271 Calories; 22g Fat; 13g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #1645
Junior LCF Member

ooh that looks good I am going to have to try that!
Thanks for posting Linda's link. I had so many links and when I updated windows from wp to 7 I lost most of them

B-4slices bacon,2 pieces of sausage and egg (Frisches bfast bar)
D- take out hot and sour soup(made with tofu) 1cp, beef and peppers(beef only)
S 2oz cheddar cheese, 3oz pork rinds

Ketosis stick turned pink this morning! 6 days cheat free!

Hot and sour could be considered a cheat I supposed but I used that carb count as my veggies for the day and this kept me at 9 carbs.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #1646
Major LCF Poster!

Remember to eat your veggies or salads. 1 cup for lunch and 1 cup for dinner. Or veggies instead. Helps with leg cramps too

Good for you on day 6. We can do this
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #1647
Major LCF Poster!

Doing well, but did have a few peanuts last night. Down .5lbs this am. Still way to high. Working on it everyday.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, 1 sausage
L - taco meat w/ 1oz cream cheese, 1 cup salad w/ranch
D - garlic chicken, 1 cup salad w/ ranch
S - 1 oz peanuts, coffee,hwc,splenda
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #1648
Junior LCF Member

Day 7! 1 full week, no cheat!!!

Yay for your loss!!

Ok the scale said... 127.5 1# loss and .5# from my goal. I am so determined to do this

B-Bacon, breakfast sausage, egg
L-Hamburger, onion,mushroom,salad,beef broth,
D-Steak,salad,cheddar cheese
S-Pork Rinds

No color on stix, did Callanetics yesterday, I read on one of the post on ketosis that exercise can affect the amout of fat in the blood, burning the excess thereby showing less ketosis evidence on the stix.

I hope everyone has a great low carb Election day!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #1649
Junior LCF Member

Do you think I will ever break this 127.5 blockage? Sure gets aggravating, but I will persevere!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #1650
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I think you can do this

Down 1 lbs I know it's water weight from that candy, but I will take it. I also know I will be up tomorrow. That's just how I seem to work. Wasnt' hungry at all yesterday so eat little meals. Did well. On to another day.