Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #1591
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 175/170/130 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi Suzy,

I would love to join you. Can you post your menus. Just want to make sure I am on track. Need to go basic for awhile. I am also creeping up from the other day.

156.5 today
145 1st goal
128 final goal

I can never seem to break the 150 mark, but it's all me and what I put in my mouth. Very streesed on a daily bases, so trying to handle it all and lose weight. Not easy. I don't restriction calories. Will eat what Dr. Atkins says only starting today
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #1592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzy
Good morning! Of course I will post my menus, I warn you tho, they are liably to be crazy.. oh I almost said nuts.. I love nuts but they always stall me

Okay here is my menus from yesterday...
B- 1 scrambled egg with water, 2 pieces of bacon.3 cup of black coffee
L- went to pen station, what to eat... I had an italian sausage sandwich on approx 1 1/2 cp lettuce, no bread, just sausage, onion, bell pepper, bananna pepper, mushrooms with vinegar and oil on the side, provolone cheese
D- 1/3 pound burger from 85/15 ground beef,1 1/2 cup of beef bullion soup
S- Here is where I was very bad I am afraid, 5 servings of pork rinds
2 Diet Cokes with splenda

I use SparksPeople and it just isnt coming up today for some reason but it looked like this last night
The caloric level was 1327calories/60 protein/ 5 carbs, the ration was 76.9%f/21.3%p/1.8%c
The ratios I believe is so important. No change on the ketosis strip

This morning I had a 1 1/2 pound drop, now at 130.5 YAY

How are you this morning! I hope we can get folks to posting here cause I really need to support, I am so worried about falling off again. Since quiting smoking almost 7 yrs ago I have carried this extra weight, I have spinal stenosis so I am hoping if I can get this weight off my back will not be so painful!

Last edited by suzy; 10-18-2012 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: got on Spraks seems I underestimated my food, had to add the slice of cheese and a few more porkrinds..:)
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #1593
Senior LCF Member

What are you doing for exercise? I am trying to get some type of cardio done every day and Callanetics 1 or 2x a week, yesterday I raked the front yard..
yay fall leaves (45 min)
Old 10-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #1594
Major LCF Poster!

Lets see. I'm not doing anything scheduled like I use to, but I do take the dogs for 3 walks a day for about 20 minutes. I want to get back into walking like I use to. Right now I need to make sure I stick to the diet. Your menu looks great and congrats on the loss. I might see something in a few days. My first goal is to get to 150 by next Friday. That's 6 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks.

Just finished a bacon cheeseburger no bun
Old 10-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #1595
Senior LCF Member

yummy my favorite type of cheeseburger. I am enjoying a yummy cup of beef bullion atm, I made a hamburger with onions, bacon and mushrooms for my husband, so after removing all the meat and veggies I added a cup of water and a bullion to the pan, makes the most awesome beef bullion. I love cooking in cast iron..lol
We are going out tonight, inlaws treat.. to spagehetti warehouse. I am gonna see if I can find an online menu and make my mind up as to what I want, salad and something with no tomato sauce .
Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #1596
Senior LCF Member

3 20 minute walks, I bet you are walking at least 1 or 1 1/2 mile, thats really great! Sparkspeople has an app where you can log your miles, you can log it on a map and trace exactly how far you walked, something you might want to check out. Mapmywalk.com is a great utility as well. You might be surprised how much you are walking
Old 10-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #1597
Major LCF Poster!

Did very well yesterday Down 1 1/2lbs today. It's all water weight I keep gaining and losing right now, so wont get excited until I see the 153 mark. Reread a lot of Dr. Atkins book yesterday. The thing I think I need to do is just make sure I count all the carbs for the day and stick to 20 no matter what. They can sure creep up on you. I used to do weight watcher and was so good for 6 years being thin and everyday I would make sure I counted all my points. I haven't been a diligent by any means with my Atkins so no wonder why it hasn't really worked. All me.......It has kept me stable eating great foods,. So my new resolve is to track carbs period....I can do this. I don't use a program, don't like them, so have to do it the old fashion way pencil and paper Have been tons better the last 4 days with making sure I put everything down. Will also try to be more basic with my menus for dinner. Have a great day
Old 10-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #1598
Senior LCF Member

Well even with going out to spagehetti warehouse last night I didnt do too bad. I tell ya tho, that fresh backed sour dough bread sure did smell good
so here is what I ate yesterday

B-1 egg,1 bacon, and 2 cups of coffee( black no sugar)
L-1 cup of Romain salad, 5 0z beef patty
D- chicen broth 1 cp, romain lettuce 1 cp, chicken breast(grilled) 3 oz
S- Extra sharp cheddar 1 oz, 5 servings of pork rinds, 1cp beef broth

My totals looked like this
1134 calories, 4 carbs, 74 fat 60% fat,38% fat,3% carbs
.5 weight loss, I will take that no change on keto stick

You are doing great with the wieght loss I tend to reread Atkins each time I start induction to make sure I remember correctly. This time I am not doing "net" carb counts I am doing actual carb count, maybe after I loose all that I need to I will start figuring in the fiber count as well. I agree, keeping a running carb count is so very necessary. Kind of like my husband today took me out for chinese, my favorite, I tried to watch the carb count but on the way home he told me that friends were coming over later with vegatable soup for supper,and why couldnt I eat at least the green beans,well I knew that I probably blew through my alloted carbs for the day already so I came home and did the math.. oh yes at 8 already. Carb creep is so easy to happen if we dont keep a food diary or strictly stay with a very limited choice. Seems like the only time I start gaining is when I think I am confident enough I dont need to stay so diligent and a few carbs wont matter that much... it surely does!

Well looks like you are doing awesome, I hope you have a fantastic day!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #1599
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,
Did bad last night. Always seem to do that on Friday night, wine and pizza. Well will do better today. So mad at myself......Oh well....today is another day. Drinking my coffee right now planning my menu
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #1600
Senior LCF Member

Awww, well I understand. I had a .5 pound + today, I attribute it to the lunch @ China buffet yesterday. I have to take responsibility for my oof and move one, of course no change on the ketosis strip but thats ok, back on this hot and heavy... I made fried chicken last night with crushed pork rinds for breading.. it was WONDERFUL, so crispy!
Will list my meu from yesterday after breakfast. Get back on that bike and lets ride
Old 10-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #1601
Senior LCF Member

B-0
L-Mushrooms, cooked, 0.25 cup pieces
Shrimp, cooked, 3 large
cabot extra sharp white chedder cheese, 0.5 oz
Cream Cheese, 0.25 cup
Chinese Hot and Sour Soup, 0.5 cup
Crab meat, CRAB CLASSIC, chunk style (.5cup = serv =85g), 0.02 cup
D-chicken bullion cube, 1 serving
Chicken Breast, no skin, fried, 1 unit (yield from 1 lb ready-to-cook chicken)
Pork skins, plain, 0.5 oz
Totals for the day= Calories 772, carbs 11, fat 45, protein 65
Fat 56%,protein 37%,carbs 5%
Not too bad I believe the weight gain was due to the salt and water retention actually.
Not sure why no ketosis yet
Old 10-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #1602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/191.8/152
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time: 12/17/14
Hi suzy and pcaltman! Glad to find a couple of active folks here. Another LCFer just asked me today if I wanted to have a go at Atkins '72 so I'm in starting tomorrow!

suzy - congrats on quitting smoking. Me too - in Feb 2007. One of the hardest things I ever did, LOL! Hey - if we can do that, we can do Atkins '72, right?

pcaltman - did I read in somebody's jounal that you were battling your landlord to get rid of spiders???? If I am remembering that right, I hope the problem is behind you now!

It's time for me to get really honest about what works and doesn't work. My body just wont' tolerate very many carbs along with higher fat (recipe for big gains). And low fat higher carb just leaves me hungry, moody, and craving. It's hard to admit that though - I want to hand onto my crack. I mean carbs.

Anyway....

I am going to follow the foods list with no deviations. I need to really watch sweeteners. I would be best to do without them.

See you tomorrow with menu in hand.

DG

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #1603
Senior LCF Member

Hi Doggy Girl, so glad you came to join us!You are right,if we were as tough on ourselves to stick with the food list and rules of induction as we were with not smoking, we wouldn't have a problem, I believe your statement spoke volumes, carbs, the legal crack maybe...

Boiled up some eggs, not crazy about just eating boiled eggs but i do love them on my salad. Is there anything you preprepare for the fridge that you use through the week?

Also I must be the worst cook, I have tried the revolution rolls twice, they just turn to gloopy mess, guess I havent got the folding egg white thing down. Advice?

So here I am today, menu in hand for yesterday. 1/2 pound loss today(water gain from chinese buffet?), and here are my totals from yesterday.

B-1 large Egg
1/2 serving hardwood smoked bacon
1/2 serving heavy whipping cream
L-1 thin slice hardwood smoked bacon
1 tbsp bacon drippings
1 serving broth
1 tbsp celery
1 tbsp Dry Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 large patty Ground Beef
1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1/2 cup spinach
D-1 tbsp celery
1 tbsp cesaer salad dressing
1/2 small chicken breast
1 large hard boiled egg
1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1/2 cup spinach
S-4 servings extra sharp aged cheddar cheese
2 large hard boiled egg

Carbs-5.94 fiber-1.8 Calories-1399
It is interesting to note that I lost with higher caloric intake. My percentages are as follows Fat 64%, Protein 34%, carb 2%
No ketosis on the stick, think i need new ones , can they go bad in the cabinet? these are about 6 months old

Last edited by suzy; 10-21-2012 at 01:54 PM..
Old 10-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #1604
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, we are battling the Black Widows. the exterminator has been out 4 times and Hubby is spraying the heck out of the place. The Landlord is good about it, just these spiders are so deadly, Yuck......

Suzy I was laughing at your menu from yesterday. That's just what I have planned out for my menu today.

We can do this

You all can call me Pam
Old 10-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #1605
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Suzy and Pam!

Suzy - I'm still figuring out my make ahead ideas so I'm glad you opened that topic for sharing! I was going to make some HB eggs yesterday and I forgot. Thanks for the reminder! I will eat them plain with salt/pepper but prefer them in egg salad. I need to make some mayo too.

Make aheads that I've been doing....

Any sort of meat in the crock pot. I did a beef roast a few days ago, pork tenderloin over the weekend and today I'm going to do a turkey breast. Probably will stick to fattier stuff then turkey breast going forward but am going to use what I have. Maybe I'll put some butter on it when I eat it!

Pam - I sure hope the exterminator can get rid of those spiders for you. Holy cow that is scary!!! I would be living at the Motel 6 by now and sending my land lord the bill.

Just finished breakfast Atkins style. I love breakfast Atkins style! My "iffy" time of day is late afternoon.

DG
Old 10-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #1606
Senior LCF Member

OMG Pam those are so dangerous!
I have decided instead of listing every little tiny thing in my salad, I am just going to call it green salad..lol Okay here we go

We went to Frisches for bfast yesterday, the eggs tasted funky sooo
B-8 pieces of bacon
L-0
D- 1cp green salad
6 small boiled shrimp
5oz white turkey
1 tblp of bacon drippings
1 boiled egg
S- 1oz pork rinds
Totals 769 cals, 2 Carbs, 49 fat, 77 protein
fat 58.3%, protein 40.8%,Carbs .9%
2lb weight loss!! YAY! 128.5
Still no ketosis, I really think something is wrong with my sticks..lol

Last edited by suzy; 10-22-2012 at 07:58 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #1607
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I am at 132 today, I would like to be 105 by the upcomming holiday season. I am giving myself 2 months to make this weight loss. My short term goal is 127 and I hope to see that by monday of next week... no cheating, induction and caloric restriction of less than 1200
A little bummed about this, probably losing the day from chinese excursion... oh well, only 1.5# to mini goal!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #1608
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all,

Congrats Suzy

Do you get the munchies at night? I have been getting the munchies at night, not really hungry just want something to nibble on. Normally hubby and I would have almonds, but I am trying to stick to the book a bit more this first week and no nuts. I guess I could make sugar free jellos. Oh that might be good. I have some in a moving box somewhere Anyway just seeing what you all do for snacky stuff.

So was going to make beef stew tonight. Just seems like the season. However it's a wierd 80* this week here so not a good choice. Plus I am afraid I will use more veggies then I really am aloud to have. So back to the menu planning for tonight. Steak something.....

Holding on weight, but that's excepted with the chili and wine. So I will give it 2 more days then I should start going down on the scale.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #1609
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone,
To answer your question.... it depends, last night we had company over as we always do to watch "wrastlin" and that makes me want to mindlessly munch. I just make sure I have plenty of pork rinds and aged cheese on hand. I also have those boiled egggs in the fridge but thing I ate too many of
them the other day .. I look at them and go.. ewww
Seems I am holding some overnight like 1.5 I really am not taking much stock in the scales at this point, as aggravating as the scales can be it is a good way to watch how your body reacts to different things. For instance, I have been in full blown menapause for a while now but I still bloat every month (which is about this time of month) I feel as long as I keep carbs below 12 and the percentages around f 60%,p40%, I am doing pretty good. The fat has to go eventually

Yesterday was really high calories, still under 12 carbs, and loads of fat

B-Bacon, 2 medium slices, 1 Egg, 1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream Kroger

L-Butter, salted, 1 tbsp,1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil,3oz Chicken Breast, Parmesan Cheese, grated, 0.02 cup,Chicken Broth 1 cup, Romaine Lettuce (salad), 1 cup, shredded

D-Romaine Lettuce (salad)1 cup,Onions 1 slice,Ground beef 5 oz.,Beef broth 1 cup,Mushrooms 2,Parmesan Cheese 2 tbsp,Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp

S-Aged Cheddar 4oz,Pork skins,3 oz

7 carbs,Calories 2,025

Percentages= Fat-69.33%, protein-29.37%,carbs 1.4%
Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #1610
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

Suzy - I'm with you trying not getting overly obsessed by the scale. I'm in this for the long haul and my weight will sort itself out eventually. Actually, I'm reaching a point where what I REALLY want is just freedom from constant cravings and re: carbs. I would love some weight loss too but I'm placing that second for right now.

Pam I get that munchy thing at night too. I really want to give up sweeteners totally at some point, but the last couple of nights I've given in to some SF jello rather than dive off ther rails. Also some pork rinds. Eating at night is such a bad habit I'd like to break one day!!!!! Oh well - one thing at a time. First is to just get my eating 100% OP.

And that, I have done for two days in a row now. Progress!!!

DG
Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #1611
Senior LCF Member

Just thought I would share my experience on ketones sticks. I had a botle already that I started with, never changed colors, picked up a fresh bottle and Yes I am in the pink, hoping I can get it to change to purple tomorrow. So I advice start with a fresh bottle of ketone sticks. I found them at Walmart 6.95 for 50, not too bad.
Night all
Old 10-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #1612
Major LCF Poster!

I got mine at Walmart too. They are the cheapest. This time around I decided not to use them. Just stick to the plan and see what happens.

Wish I liked pork rinds, but not. Just been having cheese for snack and some turkey deli 0 carbs. Making sure I am under 4 oz of cheese though.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, kelbasa sausage, 1 oz cheese
L - 1/4lb cheeseburger, lettuce, onion, mayo
D - steak side salad w/ ranch
S - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 oz cheese
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #1613
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.6/?
WOE: lc
I started 72 on the same day as DG My sticks are turning purple, but I have gained a pound grr. I too am trying to remain positive and hope to see the atkins magic start working!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #1614
McK
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: McK
Stats: 255.5/243.5/150 high was 264 in May
WOE: Atkins 72
Just wanted to chime in here, after goofing around all summer, doing sort of low carb and only losing 14 lbs. in 5 months, I challenged myself to get serious and went back to Atkins style induction on Oct. 16. Down 7 lbs. in a bit over a week, and feeling great!

For me the challenges are staying away from wine, and the higher carb veggies. I tend to love the starchier ones.

As far as night time munchies, I really don't get them if I have stayed totally on plan all day, if I have slipped a bit the cravings come back. More incentive to stay really low!

It is very hard for me to lose, so I am going to stay as close to induction as I can. Just seems like I start to stall at any extra carbs. So hard to be so restricted, but I am already starting to feel better with my bad knees, etc. so that is my reward.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #1615
Senior LCF Member

Jeanie and McK! So glad you have joined us!
Oh I have the same problem McK, It seems like the smallest amount of carbs mess me up.
Thinking about night time snacks Pam, I also like to drink broth soup, I know it sounds kind of blah, but I melt a little butter in the pan first and add a little extra water because tastes a bit salty to me.A suggestion for really good buillion broth, after draining my pan after fixing meat for a meal I will put the water and a buillion cube in the pan and let it boil down a little, it just adds something to the broth. You can always save it for later on when you need a snack. Do you like celery? Celery is in the base salad mixture for induction. Fry some bacon for a snack? Also say a recipe for sausage muffins, I havent made them yet but they look good too.

Pam, Dr Atkins says the strips are optional so I see no way why you can't get just as good results without the strips

Congrats Jeanie on the purple strips, just stick with it, the weight will got down

I am going to try another pure meat day today and see if that will make the strip turn purple.. wondering if coke zero is a problem, well after 2 days of straight meat I guess I will cut out the diet coke and see if that is keeping me from purple.

Ok here we are at 128 this morning
Stick is pink trace so far and here is my menu from yesterday:

B-2pieces of bacon
L-Double cheese burger from McD's, no bread, lettuce, 1tbl mayo
D-Fried chicken leg quarter using pork rinds for breading.
S-approx 3 servings of pork rinds
Totals 1244 Calories, 0 Carbs, 65%fat,34% protein,.1% carbs
Old 10-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #1616
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the welcome Suzy. Today is Day 4 and I am finally feeling some hardcore appetite suppression, but am also getting heartburn from all the fat. Today I did an all meat day which I think really helped me get over the hungries from the last couple of days.
I have been running to the bathroom all day so I think I am losing the water weight today as well. I can't wait to be in the 130's and maybe even the 120's someday like you Suzy.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-24-2012 at 04:45 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #1617
Senior LCF Member

Oh Jeanie you gonna be there before you know it. Talking about appetite suppression.. AMEN! I guess i have never did a day of just meat, sure doesnt take much to fill you up, I do have a little bit of a headache, gonna take something for it.
The fat making you sick? I havent had that problem, maybe its something in particular not settling right.

I have been taking readings all day with the keto strips, I am at dark red now, there are 2 final colors, hopefully will make it before I go to bed, or maybe when I get up, if not, another meat day

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #1618
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all,

Didn't do as well as I planned yesterday. My son was eating raisins and I reached over and had some. UMM.....then looked at the carbs count Needless to say I was way over 20 carbs. Oh well.

It's funny your suggestion for snack. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe some broth, bacon, cheese, sausage.

Tom came out of the blue yesterday Now ugh.....bloating, weight gain. Soemtime women stuff is no fun.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #1619
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!
I totally agree Pam, women stuff can be the pits at time,honestly I don't miss TOM at all. so glad he forgot where I live.
How is everyone doing? Havent heard from DG, hope you are stll hanging with us!
Pam don't worry about those raisens, just get back on that horse and ride, we are going to make this happen.

The subject of rewards was brought up, great topic. When I quit smoking I had to come up with non-eating,non triggering rewards for not smoking, sometimes that can be hard to do... So here is a few of my rewards for losing the fat..

New Wardrobe! YES! I am going to throw away all these large comfortable clothes for some smart slim styles!
Being able to enjoy going out by not hurting as bad, this will in turn make everyone feel lighter emotionally I think.
**Heres one I can enjoy TODAY! Enjoying life because I KNOW I am living healthy, I know a good change is happening and I feel good about that. I don't have to be down on myself because I just can't make things better... I AM making them better!

About Snacks
[QUOTE=pcaltman;16036848 Maybe some broth, bacon, cheese, sausage[/QUOTE]

I have frozen some meat patties and other small servings of meat for a fast break, oh boiled eggs (could make some egg salad ahead of time and eat with a celery spoon)

Well here is what is going on with me, weight is steady at 128# keto sticks are dark red, so I have opted for another all meat day. I did notice my hunger was diminished,although I felt a little shakey and headachy by bed time.Here's my menu from yesterday:
B-
Egg, fresh, 1.5 large,Bacon, 3 medium slices
L-
Ground beef, lean, 4.6 oz
D-
Ground beef, lean, 5 oz
Beef broth, bouillon, consomme, 1 cup
Mayonnaise, regular (mayo), 0.3 tbsp
S-
4 servings Pork skins, plain,Kroger Complete Senior Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement 2 serving

Fat 69% proteins 30% I am so kicking the carbs to the curb.. woop woop
Old 10-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #1620
Big Yapper!!!!

Well into my second day of mostly all meat-had 1 oz. of cheese mid-morning. I am amazed at the difference not eating any veggies has made in suppressing my appetite. Dropped 2.8 lbs. too!