Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #1471
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
T-Jan~~~~~ I see from what u just said that they have flax in them. I have flax, but I can not use it. It is wonderful stuff!!! But it will raise my blood sugar... :-(

I can't eat anything that is not on 72 induction, without insulin.
Are you on OWL???
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #1472
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Marylouise..I feel like I have hit the low carb wall.. like maybe I need to try something else..I have been doing this 72 this week and now have a 5 pound gain...I too, am at my wit's end...
What was you on before 72???
Old 07-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #1473
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: T-Jan
Stats: 169.6/171.7/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/11/11
No, not on OWL. I think I'm not doing this very scientifically! So, would you suggest just eating what is on induction from 1972? I could if I made myself!
Are you diabetic? Don't have to share your personal info if you don't want. I'm just wondering since you are having such trouble losing, should you check in with your doctor or a RD? I'm a retired nurse, so I worry about these things!
T-Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #1474
Blabbermouth!!!

T-Jan~~~~I dont mind sharing me with u at all..

Yes I am diabetic!!

Fat inducted diabetic!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #1475
Blabbermouth!!!

BRB
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #1476
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello everyone and thanks for the warm welcome! I do think I have found a home!

Whitedov and I have met. But yall have not met me. I know I put somethings about me in my bio. But not much. I'm 60 and too scared to dive into water. But, I am part fish. As soon as I finish writing this I'm going to swim for a few hours. Everyone is always so glad when summer is over, I use to be the same way. I have had a swimming pool in my back yard since 2000! We have mover a few times and the first thing we did was to buy a new swimming pool. Me part fish

I love the Smilies. Yall please forgive my many misspelled words and typos. I have trouble seeing out of my left eye and can't see the screen with my glasses on

I at the moment live in Tennessee. We are moving back home to Arkansas as soon as this summer cools into fall! My husband David and I have 2 grown sons and 6 grand kids. The grand kids ages are spread out, a lot!

Christopher-19
Corey-17
Skylar-11
Olivia- 6
Sophie-6
Remy- 2

We miss them so very much. We have been trying to sell this house for way too long. So we decided to put it with real estate ppl and move back to Arkansas and live in our 1948 Greyhound Bus. We have had it for over 20 years. I sure am not looking forward to living in it again, but one does what one has to do!

In 2002 I weighed 260-plus pounds. As soon as I can get them scanned in I want to post them! I look like a beastie woman. Oh I don't know how I was even breathing!

I lost 112 pounds and regained it all back 4 years

I decided in March to get back on 72 Atkins. From March 1 until the middle of May I lost 39 pounds. I found and joined a different web site. On this web site in almost 2 months I lost 5 pounds!!! They did not use or want to discuss 1972, at all!!!

I started back on 72 8 days ago now. But I have nor lost yet
I am ooo constipated, I am sorry for saying that. But Me is and I'm about to go nuttie!!

So here me is. Oh there is something else I do, that some people don't understand about me. Me says me a lot. I can't help it. It just comes out of me.
My name is all together:
marylouise S. H.

I look forward for everyone input and all help I can gleam from yall.

And thanks for the warm Welcome.
marylouise
Old 07-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #1477
Blabbermouth!!!

T-Jan~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yes I think you should be on induction. The flax is great stuff. If you start mixing things together you will slow you weight loss to a turtle speed. Every since I have went back to 72 I am stalled!!!

I am doing everything I did before that blind leap in the world of ATKINS Web SITE!!

I know it will start again!! It has too!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #1478
Blabbermouth!!!

I wrote that into about myself on the other 72 thread a couple days ago...
Old 07-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #1479
Blabbermouth!!!

I fixed constipation issues and I am also drinking green hot tea with lemon. I am not eating veggies. Dr. Atkins said a person can stay on induction as long as they want to.

The green tea is loaded with antioxidant's, and at 60 I know I have to have that to stay healthy as I can...
Old 07-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #1480
Blabbermouth!!!

T-Jan Did I lose you?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #1481
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: T-Jan
Stats: 169.6/171.7/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/11/11
I'm here. I have been baking! Thanks for the introduction and your advice to go on strict induction. I will start tomorrow.
Good luck, be kind to yourself, and drink lots of fluids. Water and your green tea sound great. Skip the diet soda for a while. See if that helps
T-Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #1482
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftygoals View Post
Hello,

Thank you for answering me. I am so sorry to post and disappear. Anyway, I am returning now, and I hope to stay on track. My story is that eight years ago i lost A LOT of weight with this WOE. THEN I got married and it all went downhill from there.( my weight i mean) This seems to be the only way my body will cooperate with weight loss. I have been doing this for exactly 10 days and have lost 9 pounds. But now i seem stuck even tho my keto sticks are turning deep purple. But still 9 pounds! woo hoo! I get discouraged easily so im hoping to stay more focused by visiting this forum and talking with all the nice folks here daily.
loftygoals~~~~are you still here?? I would like to ask you how you got your sticks turn deep purple???
matylouise'
Old 07-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #1483
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jan View Post
I'm here. I have been baking! Thanks for the introduction and your advice to go on strict induction. I will start tomorrow.
Good luck, be kind to yourself, and drink lots of fluids. Water and your green tea sound great. Skip the diet soda for a while. See if that helps
I will try to cup back on the soda's. But they did not stop my weight loss at all in 2002. I dranked the Tangerines then.

Thats great! I like this thread. I have been reading back. I don't know if you know whitedov or not, but she is the one that told me about this site. I met her on the Atkins site. Her name is Linda. She was just checking out Atkins site and I hiched a ride over here with her

I'm so glad I did. Atkins today is all about the wonderful new book that helped me loss them great BIG 5 pounds!!

I love it here!!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #1484
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda is the one that told me green tea has tons of antioxidants in it, and I'm trying as close to zero carb as I can until I get my weight moving away from me again!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #1485
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
This is the zero carb diet I was given by my doctor back in 1968 - before Dr. Atkins wrote the book....and I went from 160 to 122# in about 6 weeks.
It really works - but maybe because I was in my early 20's:
ON THIS DIET YOU MUST TAKE A MULTIPLE VITAMIN AND MINERAL CAPSULE

FOODS

Meat (except liver and liver sausage)
Fish (except wine sauce herring)
Seafood (except oysters)
Poultry (nothing to be breaded or floured,
No BBQ sauce or catsup)
Eggs (fixed any way)
Natural Cheese (with wax around)
(No cottage cheese, processed or yogurt)
Butter, Oleo
Fat
Salt/Pepper and other seasonings
Artificial Sweetners
Mustard & Horseradish
Mayonnaise *
Sour Cream Dressing *
Low Calorie Dressing * w/no sugar
Mushrooms (1T)
Beef or Chicken boullion broth
(No other soups)

*These items contain 2 cal. Of sugar per Tablespoon – DO NOT use excessively
** If desired as often as listed

Fried Pork Rinds (can be used as breading)
Sugar Free Gum (NO sugar free candy or other dietetic foods)
Cool Whip topping *
D-Zerta Jello and D-Zerta topping
Plain Knox Gelatin and sugar free kool-aid (mix together to make jello)
1C of lettuce (twice a day) **
NO OTHER VEGETABLES
NO FRUIT

BEVERAGES

Water (1/2 your weight in oz.)
Sugar Free Soda
Sugar Free Kool-Aid
Black Coffee and tea
Hard Liquor: (NO wine except dry vermouth, NO apricot brandy, drambouye, Southern Comfort, Liquorers)
NO regular beer
Lite Beer OK – Micholob Lite or Miller Lite
I found this on the very first page of this thread! This is what I have been searching for, for so many years I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I have struck gold!!!!!
marylouise'
Old 07-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #1486
Blabbermouth!!!

MARYLOUISE CALM DOWN :-)

I am shaking. I can not believe I found this here. I wanted the Atkins 1972 book. A wonderful friend had it sent to me from Amazon. I got it in the mail today! I was just walking around and I found yall. When I first came here I went to this thread. Linda was on the other thread. I went there. I see now Linda has also been on this thread. Whitdov{Linda} GOD must have sent you to Atkins to get me

Nothing can stop me now. I will loss the 30 or more pounds before Christmas:kicking ::aprayer :
Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #1487
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindaboca
On the original diet before the 72 version, what are the amounts allowed for the meat, fish etc. Can you have hot dogs, salami ? Can you substitute sugar free Jello for D-Zerta? What about other food amounts? Thank you so much.
Lindaboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #1488
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
oops, mistake post.

Last edited by metqa; 07-31-2011 at 08:58 AM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #1489
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilith79
Stats: 346/335/175
Start Date: 8/3/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaboca View Post
On the original diet before the 72 version, what are the amounts allowed for the meat, fish etc. Can you have hot dogs, salami ? Can you substitute sugar free Jello for D-Zerta? What about other food amounts? Thank you so much.
D-Zerta is Sugar Free Jello. Just a different name.
lilith79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #1490
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HypoGirl
WOE: Paleo Diet
Start Date: 9/19/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Head View Post
[COLOR=DarkRed]He allowed fiber to be deducted later on because "HE" found through his own research is was ok to do so without hurting your weight loss.[/COLOR]

NOTE* This is from the book, Bantam edition / September 1972 paperback...

Not sixty grams of carbohydrate on this diet but zero grams
Here’s how this diet is significantly different. During the first week on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero.
This creates a unique chemical situation in the body, the one favorable to the fastest possible burning of your body’s stored fat. Ketones are excreted, and hunger disappears.
You see, the first fuel your body burns for energy comes from the carbohydrates you eat and drink. If any carbohydrate is available, your body burns this rather than stored fat-and maintains its old metabolic pathways. But carbohydrates, as such, are not stored in the body beyond forty-eight hours.
So when no carbohydrate is taken in, your body must draw upon the major reserve source of fuel-the stored fat.
It is forced to take a different metabolic pathway. In this process your body converts from being a carbohydrate-burning engine.
This is The Diet Revolution: the new chemical situation in which ketones are being thrown off-and so are those unwanted pounds, all without hunger.
A gradual addition of carbohydrate to keep your body burning it’s fat as fuel. We must maintain this chemical situation if you’re to continue to lose without hunger. And if we add carbohydrate very gradually in tiny amounts-we can do just this… keep your body converted into a fat-burning engine.
So that is just what we do. The second week you might add a few grams of carbohydrate to your diet. Every week thereafter a little more carbohydrate (around five grams) may be returned to the diet.

The Rules of Original Atkins

The Diet Revolution Rules (Level One)
1. Don’t count calories [COLOR=DarkRed](so why are so many counting them?) [/COLOR]
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.[COLOR=DarkRed](see, no limit)[/COLOR]
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.[COLOR=DarkRed](It doesn't say anything about 1/2 your body weight in water)[/COLOR]
6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
8. Everyday take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts,. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.

The First Life-Changing Week, eat nothing that is not on the list.
Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”
Fowl: Duckling, Turkey, Chicken, Anything with wings, No stuffing
Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners (e.g., D-Zerta )
Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla, and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that [I]contains no sugar
Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee
---------*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, which contains caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.
Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, muscles, scallops, and pickled fish
Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet – any style and without limitations[COLOR=DarkRed](another NO LIMIT)[/COLOR]
Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives.
Butter & Mayonnaise Fats: Butter, margarine (head New Diet Revolution & eat no margarine with trans fatty acids), oils, shortening (not such a great idea), lard & mayonnaise (fats have no carbohydrates).
Juice: Juice of one lemon or lime
Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.
Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk – so don’t use milk)
Diet Revolution Salad Material: Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Chives, Cucumber, Endive, Escarole, Fennel, lettuce, Olives (Green or Black), Onions, Pickles (Sour or Dill), Parsley, Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, watercress.
What Happens After The First Week’s Diet. Most diets are fixed formulas and are therefore short-termed and self-limiting. This diet is fixed only for a week. After that – because it must be a lifetime diet, it is, as variable as are individual tastes.
I’ve labeled the additions of carbohydrate that follow’ second level’, ‘third level’, ‘fourth level’, ‘fifth level’, but in fact the additions are interchangeable and flexible. You can make any of these additions any week that you choose. I am so committed to making this a livable lifetime diet that I am letting you select your own variations, within the rules set up by your biological rulebook.
Put back what you’ve missed the most: The idea is simply to gradually return to your diet first what you missed most. Custom-tailor the diet to suit your carbohydrate additions to suit your lifestyle. All that matters is that you add back to your diet a little carbohydrate at a time, and that you stop adding carbohydrate when you reach your CCL.
How to know when to put back a little carbohydrate: Ask yourself: Are the keto-stix still turning purple? Am I still un-hungry? Have I stopped eating at night? Do I have more energy? Am I still losing weight or inches nicely? Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.
The Second Level: Cheesecake for dessert? At each level, remember you add approximately five to eight grams of carbohydrate daily for a week and analyze the results. Most people agree the best way to handle the second level is to add cottage cheese…
The Diet Revolution Vegetables (not for level one): All of the above plus; Asparagus, Avocado, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Chinese Cabbage, eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Peppers, Pumpkins, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Snow Pea Pods, Spinach, String Beans, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Wax Beans, Zucchini Squash

Sample menu, level one:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spicy ham, Diet revolution roll and butter, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Cold cuts sandwich on Diet revolution Roll w/ mayo or mustard, 1 cup of salad (loosely packed), oil & vinegar, or a dressing from the recipe list, Raspberry gelatin, Diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Chicken soup with Matzoh Balls, Your favorite cut of steak, Caesar salad with Caesar Salad dressing, Gelatin, diet soda, coffee or tea
Snack: baken-ets, stuffed celery, diet soda.

Sample menu, level two:
Breakfast: Lox and stuffed onion omelet, caraway Diet revolution Roll with cream cheese, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Avocado stuffed with crabmeat, Tossed green salad with dressing from recipe list, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Mixed grill with garlic Butter Sauce or Béarnaise Sauce, Tossed salad with French Dressing, Gelatin Parfait with whipped cream, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Snack: Assorted smoked fish, Hard cheese, Diet soda

Ok, there it is 'By The Book'
So the original books is counting cheese, salads as no carbs? I'm a little confused as I always did the new book which counts eggs as 1 carb, sweet n low is 1 carb, etc. I always thought zero carbs meant meat only?

P.S. What the heck is a diet revolution roll?
HypoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #1491

they are known as Oopsie Rolls these days because of the addiitonal cream cheese/cottage cheese used in the updated recipe. the original recipe called for much less and were more flimsy and crumbly because of it.

Hard cheese have much much less carbs than soft or fresh cheeses like cottage and cream cheese. I think they weren't counting cheese and salads because you'd have to eat huge amounts of them before the body would significantly changes it's dietary path from fat to carb burning. Some people can eat well over 20g of carbs daily and still their body will be in ketosis. That's what he meant by biologically zero.

Even if you counted eggs as 1 carb each how full would you get by the time you ate 4 or 5 eggs? If you are eating meat as well, you'd be very sated. And Shrimp even has carbs, so it's not carb free. 200g or about half a pound of shrimp has 2.1g carbs, but how much would you have to eat for that to be significant.

I like the old book because of its simplicity, and in its naive attitude that people will stop eating when they are no longer hungry and not just eat for the sake of it. He doesn't touch emotional eat much if at all, if I recall so he's just looking at simple biology.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #1492
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: skinnytime
Original Atkins

Ok I hope I am not out of line here but I need some help. I am in week 3 of the original atkins diet and still doing induction becasue I can not lose a pound since week 1 when I lost 5. My sticks are turning bright purple and I am eating eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast, salad and chicken or salami for lunch and salad and steak or chicken at dinner. I drink a ton of water. What the heck...why am I not losing????
skinnytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #1493

SkinnyTime, Are you measuring your body? Arms, legs, waist, bum, chest?
You are not losing, but are you staying the same weight?

Do you feel okay, do you have normal energy to do your daily stuff?

You could be reshaping or struggling past a set point. Also we say don't count calories but are you eating less in general since you've lost a bit? has your appetite decreased. Are you watching for carb creep in your salad and salami?

Everyone gets a whoosh of water and a bit of fat to start, then the body has to change things around, readjust hormones, signal different processes, you are at the point in the diet where your brain is doing a major shift of energy. It will start to use ketones more and glucose less, but it will not make that shift if it knows it still has a chance to use glucose. So don't give up.

While your body is readjusting, it will not let many changes happen because it would be too much. Kinda like a mountain climber stopping to adjust his straps, he's not gonna climb and make changes to his gear at the same time, it's too risky. He's gonna stop climbing, take a rest, assess his new position, check his straps to make sure they are safe, and then when he's sure everything is safe, only then will he start climbing again. Your body is taking a break from losing to balance out.

Let it do that but take your measurements, they can tell you things the scale can't.

ETA: Oh and

Last edited by metqa; 10-04-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Old 10-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #1494
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Karlasmom05
Stats: 181/177.4/150
WOE: HHCG Pellets
Start Date: October 2011
Hi everyone!! I've been off and on of Atkins for a while now.... For some reason I haven't been able to stick to it..... Hopefully this time I'll get through it.... I started a reaslly strict clean atkins this week.....I do have to ask though...what can we take for contipation??? I feel like I'd lose a ton more if that problem was taken care of.....And advice is WELCOME!!!
Karlasmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #1495
Junior LCF Member

I feel great! Yes I do eat less my appetite is down dramatically. I have done the original atkins before and lost 60lbs and kept it off for many years. Tons of stress in the last 5 years and here I am again. But I am older and my body does not like to give up weight. I am just surprised that I am not losing anything since the strips are turning deep purple. I think I have lost inches but not much, I haven't done any measurements yet. Im not giving up yet. I decided today to go zero carbs for the day and see if I break the plateau. I will let you now tomorrow. I tried talking to people at the atkins forum but they were not supportive of the original diet. I do not care for the NEW way of atkins. So it is nice to find this forum where there are others who think like me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
SkinnyTime, Are you measuring your body? Arms, legs, waist, bum, chest?
You are not losing, but are you staying the same weight?

Do you feel okay, do you have normal energy to do your daily stuff?

You could be reshaping or struggling past a set point. Also we say don't count calories but are you eating less in general since you've lost a bit? has your appetite decreased. Are you watching for carb creep in your salad and salami?

Everyone gets a whoosh of water and a bit of fat to start, then the body has to change things around, readjust hormones, signal different processes, you are at the point in the diet where your brain is doing a major shift of energy. It will start to use ketones more and glucose less, but it will not make that shift if it knows it still has a chance to use glucose. So don't give up.

While your body is readjusting, it will not let many changes happen because it would be too much. Kinda like a mountain climber stopping to adjust his straps, he's not gonna climb and make changes to his gear at the same time, it's too risky. He's gonna stop climbing, take a rest, assess his new position, check his straps to make sure they are safe, and then when he's sure everything is safe, only then will he start climbing again. Your body is taking a break from losing to balance out.

Let it do that but take your measurements, they can tell you things the scale can't.

ETA: Oh and
Old 10-05-2011, 04:26 AM   #1496
Junior LCF Member

Finally!

Well my protein day paid off, I finally broke through and lost 1 lb!!! I feel better about that now hopefully we will be back on the losing wagon!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #1497
Junior LCF Member

Good morning!!

Good morning all..... I'm just curious. I'm trying to follow Atkins 72... Does any one here follow it? I'd love to become part of some sort of support group. Don't get much of it at home!

@skinnytime CONGRATULATIONS on your losses today! I don't wanna weigh my self until next week...Very anxiously awaiting! I'm with you on the stress boat... I too was able to lose TONS of weight (75 lbs.) a few years back with this WOE....but I had to come back to work after staying at home with the kiddos for so long.
I gained about 35 lbs. in my first 6 mths of working.... It's a totally different stress level!!! I only want to lose about 25 lbs. (lost 10 lbs. with HCGC, but got to hard to continue).. Can't believe how much of a struggle its been to lose those 25 lbs. being that I lost that in about 1 month 5 yrs. ago....
Well Good Luck to you!!! Keep on losing!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #1498

Kongrats, SkinnyTime!

Hi KarlasMom, I don't follow 72, but I lurk about in the thread in case people need a quote from the book. Do you have a '72 book? It's a great read. Dr.A was so enthusiastic about the plan it's refreshing and funny.

I agree it's hard to get support at home, but here is a good place for that.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #1499
Junior LCF Member

Hello! :)

Well my book is in the mail...for now I'm trying to follow as best as I can with my basic knowledge of the diet as well as what other users post. Two of my biggest questions/concerns are...Diet coke (addicted)will it stall me?..Crystal light?? From what I can see the basics of the first week on 72 allows sugar free Diet soda. (would Diet coke be considered just that) ughhh and constipation??? Having a really hard time with those two things??? Help!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #1500

yeah, Diet coke would be sugar free. the Crystal light I don't know, you'll have to check the label. I think Coke is Zero calorie , if the CL is 5 calories then it has at least 1 g of carbs per 8 oz serving so you'd have to consider that.

The only thing about Coke is sodium and caffiene, caffiene can affect blood sugar so just be aware of that.