Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #1411
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pippin1968
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 4/7/2011
Quote:
I think my error occurred is when I felt like I could "go off" my diet. I know its a WOL but when you get skinny and then start believing your own press. It was like I wanted to forget that fat girl because I was someone else.
Shay, Oh my goodness, your post really struck a cord! I have slipped back into my old fat ways time after time. It's true, you really have to stay committed to maintaining your skinny, or you will eventually just slide back to gaining weight. I have restarted this wol many times, but I'm not going to give up. Thanks for the post and good luck to you!
Pippin1968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #1412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Feelin'Great!
What is FANY?
Feelin'Great! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #1413
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I asked the same question of someone and they got very uppity with me. It is how some people abreviate the newest version of Atkins.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #1414
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
OH! Atkins FANY! Atkins For A New You!

"FANY", out of context, had my mind going in lots of bad places...:blush:

Last edited by metqa; 02-15-2011 at 01:22 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #1415
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Feelin'Great!
Oh really? There's another new version? I'm perfectly happy with the '72 version. Some things just shouldn't be messed with. But, I suppose it isn't for everyone, hence all the new versions. Something for everyone, eh?
Feelin'Great! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #1416
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tubbette
Stats: 183/172.6/135 lbs.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 01/07/2013
I've enjoyed this thread

So thankful for threads like this. I just began induction on 2/28/11. So, it really helped me. The first couple of days I was doing 72 but didn't realize it. I visited another board and someone said my carbs needed to be NET. So I started to add more carbs a couple of days, but now I know I want to do 72 instead. Really, it's very much like Cheryl's doctors diet.

So, I have lost 5 lbs so far. I have a total of 18 want want to lose, but if there is any way I can lose 28 I would be thrilled! I plan on staying on induction as much as possible until I get to my target weight. I am not hungry much at all. I blew it yesterday on accident when I used Truvia which has 3 carbs! Plus I used some "sugar free" creamer which has corn syrup solids. Fortunately, I am still losing despite my mistakes. Now I had one day of 36 carbs! Net carbs was 20, but I know that doesn't work so well.

I love eggs. I started eating them daily in September. I hope I don't get sick of them. I usually have them for breakfast. I am sick of boiled eggs. I will eat egg salad, but I am not crazy about them. I will eat deviled eggs, too. I want to modify my eggs goldenrod recipe so it fits induction. A full recipe calls for 12 eggs boiled, 1 cup grated cheddar, 1 c milk, 1/2 stick butter. Plus flour for thickening. You grate eggs. You melt cheese in milk and butter. Add spices you like such as Tabasco or whatever. Bake for 30 min at 350.

I think maybe I could sub 1/2 c cream for the all milk and skip flour. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes. Cream isn't really on Cheryl's diet, so maybe this isn't induction really. But it beats plain boiled eggs! Maybe just once a week or something as a splurge! Or, maybe I'll just wait til I reach my goal.

But thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread. It's really been helpful to me.

Last edited by tubbette; 03-08-2011 at 11:17 AM..
tubbette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #1417
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bellini
Stats: 147/124/120
WOE: Atkins
I have done Atkins since may 09-start weight 147,(i'm 5'2") and by Nov 2010 was 127. I used atkins book 1992/1999 version, and did not give up wine. (That is why SO SLLLLOOOOWW!) It's true, the first thing your body will burn is alcohol, so, depending on how much wine you drink it may just never get to all the fat, LOL!! But even with that hampering effect, I have not gained any weight since 2009. I am 60 years old, and this WOE has eliminated all of my shoulder/hip/back pains. It was unreal. No more Ibuprophen every single day!! My skin improved and those pains went away. I like Atkins and loved the 1992-9 book, bought the 2002 Atkins for Life, and just use to really like the way he wrote, and noticed that he wasn't writing that much in the 2002 book. So last month I bought the 1972 book and am in the process of reading it, and there he is. No one else, just him talking similiar to the way it was in the 1992/99 book. These newer books are so un-atkinsy....not him talking to you like in the older books...I found alot of great ideas in the '72 book to keep me more on track, just as I noticed in others on this thread. Also, you are all so nice over here, I'm sure you all know that on certain threads if you do one version of Atkins over another, you might be shot!! LOL! So it's very friendly here. More support and no mightier than thou's, if you know what I mean. Anyway, here's to a very healthy way of eating, ala Atkins, and take your time losing weight. I'm still at 127-130 and am very happy. My goal was 125, so I'm not too far off. All old cravings (sugar) (mindless snacks, cocoa puffs w/ 3tblspns sugar!!) are gone! I have more energy, softer skin, and less belly fat! Now I just need the winning Lotto numbers!!
Bellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #1418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
I have just finished all 48 pages and it took me forever to get them all! I have enjoyed reading the progress of many and hope this thread is still active in a month, after I finish this round of HCG, I plan to go to Atkins 72. I have read the book too and think this is the way to go!! Good luck everyone still here!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #1419
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bridget69
Stats: 280/272/140
Start Date: September 2012
Intro Post

I have tried the Atkins way a couple of times over the years--I was most successful 20 years ago in college doing the basic '72. I'm not sure what I weigh right now--somewhere between 275 and 300 lbs I'm sure.

I've been thinking of returning to Atkins, and things finally came to a head 2 days ago. I knew I had mild diabetes, but haven't paid it much attention. I was rushed to the hospital shaking and almost unconscious and found out my blood sugar was 321

That scared me into a decision.

I am going on vacation tomorrow for a week, which is a bad time to completely change your eating plan. But I am clearing my cupboards of carbohydrates to get a fresh start on my return.

My goal for the next week is just to try to eliminate overt high carbs, but not start induction until I return. So no pasta, bread, desserts, candy--etc, but not going to worry about less than 20 grams of carb until back in my own kitchen.

If I cannot find my '72 book, I will ebay for one--but '72 induction is meat, a little dairy, and lots of veggies, preferably salad...no Atkins "bars", no "Net" carb counting--is that correct?

Shannon
Bridget69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #1420
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannart View Post
I have tried the Atkins way a couple of times over the years--I was most successful 20 years ago in college doing the basic '72. I'm not sure what I weigh right now--somewhere between 275 and 300 lbs I'm sure.

I've been thinking of returning to Atkins, and things finally came to a head 2 days ago. I knew I had mild diabetes, but haven't paid it much attention. I was rushed to the hospital shaking and almost unconscious and found out my blood sugar was 321

That scared me into a decision.

I am going on vacation tomorrow for a week, which is a bad time to completely change your eating plan. But I am clearing my cupboards of carbohydrates to get a fresh start on my return.

My goal for the next week is just to try to eliminate overt high carbs, but not start induction until I return. So no pasta, bread, desserts, candy--etc, but not going to worry about less than 20 grams of carb until back in my own kitchen.

If I cannot find my '72 book, I will ebay for one--but '72 induction is meat, a little dairy, and lots of veggies, preferably salad...no Atkins "bars", no "Net" carb counting--is that correct?

Shannon
Hi Shannon, and congrats on the decision. I am very new to this forum, but... I have read the book, and no veges except for 1 cup of loose lettuce twice a day... the first page of this thread has the allowed foods... otherwise, its high fat and protein... no sugars, no net carbs, no "processed food"... like bars, shakes, etc.. under 20 gm of carb
The Rules of Original Atkins

The Diet Revolution Rules (Level One)
1. Don’t count calories (so why are so many counting them?)
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.(see, no limit)
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either. (It doesn't say anything about 1/2 your body weight in water)
6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
8. Everyday take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts,. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.

The First Life-Changing Week, eat nothing that is not on the list.
Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”
Fowl: Duckling, Turkey, Chicken, Anything with wings, No stuffing
Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners (e.g., D-Zerta )
Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla, and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that contains no sugar
Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee
---------*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, which contains caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.
Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, muscles, scallops, and pickled fish
Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet – any style and without limitations(another NO LIMIT)
Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives.
Butter & Mayonnaise Fats: Butter, margarine (head New Diet Revolution & eat no margarine with trans fatty acids), oils, shortening (not such a great idea), lard & mayonnaise (fats have no carbohydrates).
Juice: Juice of one lemon or lime
Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.
Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk – so don’t use milk)
Diet Revolution Salad Material: Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Chives, Cucumber, Endive, Escarole, Fennel, lettuce, Olives (Green or Black), Onions, Pickles (Sour or Dill), Parsley, Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, watercress.

Last edited by catjrow3; 04-28-2011 at 11:52 AM..
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #1421
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PlusSizeMommy
Stats: 179lbs
Start Date: 04/20/2011
The Atkns diet is one of the best. I, at one point in my life, tried everything. I trie weight Watches, Cardiac Diet, Vegan diet,etc. Nothing worked. So, I had the Atkins book but never did the diet. I decided to try what I remembered reading and looked up some things on the net and it worked. I lost 30lbs in 2mos. It works everytime. My plan this time, because I've gained 13lbs back, is to grill hot dogs, ribs, hamburger, etc, keep it in the fridge and eat. I noticed if I don't have meals planned I'll stray from the diet. This is a wonderful forum. Happy Low Carbing or no carbing in my case.
PlusSizeMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #1422
Senior LCF Member

Back from my vacation

So I'm back from my vacation--came back Friday--and started Atkins '72 induction today. I kept it relatively LC on vacation--but not really at Atkins levels. But, as stated in my previous post, I knew better than to start the week I went on vacation.

My blood sugars are still high, and occasionally out of control. Last night's high was 283!! Several glasses of water and a can of tuna later, it was down to 236.

I told my friend that I was immediately starting Atkins, more so for blood sugar control then for weight loss. She thinks that is "a bit extreme", etc. I told her my blood sugars were "a bit extreme".

Going Atkins shopping this afternoon and cleaning out my cupboards, fridge.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #1423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nerma
Stats: 145/???/120
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: May 31, 2011
Hi everyone

Just wanted to sub.

I'm up half a pound from yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it's from AS. I got rid of those today and hoping that does the trick!
nerma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #1424
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerma View Post
Hi everyone

Just wanted to sub.

I'm up half a pound from yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it's from AS. I got rid of those today and hoping that does the trick!
What is AS??
Old 05-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #1425
Senior LCF Member

artificial sweeteners
Old 05-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #1426
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
artificial sweeteners
Ahhh, do these make you gain? I have not noticed too much difference with using them, so its good to think about in the future. I use Stevia and Truvia now though, not sure if that is an AS or not... or just asparatame and splenda, etc?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #1427
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Ahhh, do these make you gain? I have not noticed too much difference with using them, so its good to think about in the future. I use Stevia and Truvia now though, not sure if that is an AS or not... or just asparatame and splenda, etc?
Yep, Splenda and aspartame do not agree with me. They make me gain and also feel kind of blah. I think they seem to still somehow impact my insulin or something, I'm not sure. And as far as my body is concerned, sugar alcohols are really no better than regular sugar.

But I don't have a problem with stevia. I just try to limit it because it's easy to talk myself into just wanting to eat way too many sweet things instead of more nutritious meals.

I know some people seem to have no trouble with artificial sweeteners, but I really have to watch them. I currently have a pack of diet root beers and I'm trying to decide if I should just have one once a week or what
Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #1428
Senior LCF Member

Wow--I wonder if AS is one of the several reasons I may not be losing on strict induction??

I've not noticed a problem with them in the past. I use stevia, but I find it not quite sweet enough for me--so I mix a few drops w/half a pack of splenda for my coffee, tea, etc.

My taste for sweet is getting smaller and smaller--so maybe stevia will soon be enough.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #1429
Senior LCF Member

Well I gained again even with no AS, so I'm cutting my carbs down lower. From experience, it seems I WILL lose if I cut my carbs low enough. It's going to be at 10g now. Does anyone else actually have to go this low to lose?
Old 05-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #1430

Quote:
Well I gained again even with no AS, so I'm cutting my carbs down lower. From experience, it seems I WILL lose if I cut my carbs low enough. It's going to be at 10g now. Does anyone else actually have to go this low to lose?
oh my, some people go as low as no carbs. really there are folks who are zero carbing just to get results.

I just realized that the old Book doesn't really mention how many carbs to eat the first few days, does it? it just says to eat all the meats and then the small salads and other stuff, but I don't remember a specific number being mentioned. I don't think it's zero carb but It may be significantly less than the 20 carbs the DANDR recommends.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #1431
Senior LCF Member

Atkins '72 mentions proteins/fats (as much as you want) and 2 cups raw veggies, aka salad--pretty much zero carbs, unless you use carrots and tomatoes. This is per day.

Any allowed carbs are from small amounts of dairy: 3 Tablespoons cream and 4 oz hard cheese a day are all '72 allows.

I'm pretty sure, even with the salads, that is under 10 carbs a day--not NET carbs either

Hope this helps!

PS: This is exactly how I am doing induction, except that I have sometimes substituted 1/2 cup of green cooked veggies (brussel sprouts) for 1 of my cups of salad per day.

Last edited by Bridget69; 05-14-2011 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: added PS
Old 05-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #1432

Thanks Shannart for the clarification. Don't forget, we get to have a pickle each day, too!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #1433
Senior LCF Member

Haha yeah, the pickle

Well, I had a 20g carb day today. I did have some fiber from veggies as part of that.

I have no idea if I will lose or not, but I suspect some of my weight was water weight from low potassium and not drinking enough water.

Today just went really smoothly. I felt like it was easy to find acceptable things to eat, and I didn't have to think too hard about what to have. My cals were very normal (first time in a while!), my macronutrient ratios were good, my appetite was manageable...so yeah. Maybe 20 is it for me for a while

I don't know if I will eventually need to or be able to go lower on carbs, but since I've tried to stay (or get back on over and over ) at around 10 for about a month, it's honestly been quite difficult for me. I've had induction flu symptoms well past the 2nd week mark, lost then gained, then lost then gained, cheated, had excessive hunger and low blood sugar, obsessed over my diet and my weight, and overall just had a rough go.

I don't know if 20g can be my critical carb level for losing, but it's a level I can actually stay on as far as I can tell.

Sorry if I'm not doing the best job replying to everyone's posts, but I'm a newb and I'm still trying to get the hang of working these forums.

Just want to say I am reading everyone's posts and sending good thoughts!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #1434
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fireravensees
WOE: atkins
Start Date: sept 2014
hi
i want to join this thread
fireravensees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #1435
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone

Hope everyone's week is getting off to a good start.

I had some *off plan* food that my friend cooked last night, but I don't feel bad about it. The scale is showing it this morning, and I am right back to low carbing this morning

Yesterday I was going over my past entries in my food tracker and I had a somewhat startling realization. I maintained low cals and lost weight on HIGHER carbs (about 50-100g) than on lower carbs (about 20g). I actually gained on the lower level and couldn't keep my cals down!

I was pretty surprised, but I'm up to try whatever works.

So I guess I've stumbled on my critical carb level? Redid my numbers and am crossing my fingers.

My new plan is 1500 cals with 30% protein, 15% carbs, and 55% fat. This is based on how I ate when I was actually losing. I'm going to try not to nitpick the numbers, but just try to stay around this level and see how it goes.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:12 AM   #1436
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissJamaica
I think I want to join this group. Been a little disheartened at my progress with the new version, and decided I needed more structure and control. I had already cut out dairy except butter... I may consider adding back some later on with cream and Roquefort, which I love.

The new version allows you to have pumpkin and green beans on induction and for some of us, that is way too many carbs. I was losing at a very low rate even last year when I was diligent. Plus on another board, some members were encouraging people to move to OWL after two weeks on INduction even if they had more than 20# to lose, which I think doesn't work for everybody.

I haven't taken any tests, but I know that I have a biological inclination to diabetes with two grannies having suffered from type 2. My body does not tolerate carbs well and I have been leading an increasingly sedentary life. I now work from home and most of my work is online so I have to force myself to begin exercising regularly, but even so, that makes me active for 35 mins a day.

I went into 72 induction on Wed May 18, 2011 after cheating on a burger the night before and feeling disgusted with myself with that bit of self-sabotage.

So now I am on Day 2 and having a full blown case of Atkins FLu.
Woke up with a headache.
Feeling very low energy.
I know this means my body is adjusting.

I dont even think I got into ketosis the last time when i started induction on May (the new way)... I had too many cheats then (losts of KFC with coleslaw).

My Birthday is early August and I had made a promise to myself 2 years ago to be fit at 30. I am running out of 30. I have 10 weeks and I want to lose 5lbs per week.

Starting weight:
198lbs (regained 1.1# from burger binge)

Mid Term Goal
148 by birthday

Final Goal Weight:
135#
Size 5/6 clothing

I seem to tolerate 1/2 cup cucumbers, so I may see if I can use Cheryl's way and add 1/2 cup cucumbers, which are very low in carbs and full of water.

I am going to reach and maintain my goal!

I will be exercising with heavy weightlifting with this so inches will play a very significant part. I know that when I was fit and lifting heavy, I was 135# hence why I chose that number. I don't only want to be slim, I want to be very toned and fit and I even have dreams of becoming a fitness trainer and entering fitness competitions. I haven't had children yet so I need to get into shape NOW so that I can bounce back from pregnancies. I dread what post pregnancy would have been like if I got pregnant at 200#. I now weigh the same as my muscular hubby who is taller than me. NEVER again.
MissJamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #1437
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 320/255.4/170
WOE: Atkins 1972 (sorta?)
Start Date: April 4, 2011
Going BONKERS.
On 6th Week of induction. Barely able to get in 20 grams of carbs with Lettuce. All other veggies make me sick to eat, because the taste is just horrid to me. I can eat leafy, and spinach, but brocolli, brussel sprouts, ewwww.. I can eat peppers they taste great, but rip apart my stomach.. *sighs*

Going BONKERS. My loses have been okay, but I am having a difficult time dealing with my daily Weigh ins and seeing such drastic gains. The loses are great, but when you see you have put on, it just kills motivation.. At which point I feel like.. time for dairy queen. Which was today's naughty 74 carb cheat.. Grrrrrr..

Have I mentioned I'm going bonkers?
It seems any diet soda I drink causes me to stop losing. I guess Citric Acid? I drink only shasta with splenda. So That treat is just about a total no no.

Uuhhgggg.
I go out eat all I can eat at a mongolian style restraunt, no rice no carbs, meats oils and veggie stir fry, then follow it up with dairy queen. Bam lose 4lbs? What the?

I eat between 1300 and 1800 calories a day, try not to drink my diet soda, but I feel miserable as I can't see any reward tastewise for an atta boy.

Bonkers? Anyone Bonkers?

I shouldn't complain. I was down 27lbs at the end of six weeks, but I am impatient, I need to drop this weight. I have a sorta desk job, but also do about 20 hours of hard manual labor, manual printing presses. Plus I do all the cooking for the family as well as most the housework lol

I'm not sure if I said this yet, but I'm Going Bonkers.

Thanks for reading my rant.
bigguyinalittlecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #1438
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 320/255.4/170
WOE: Atkins 1972 (sorta?)
Start Date: April 4, 2011
Wow.. Sorry for killing the thread :P
bigguyinalittlecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #1439
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
New to this forum

Hello to all!

I've been using Atkins to control my roundness since the book came out. Over the years I've lost and re-gained the same lbs over and over again. I never got over 180 lbs, nor below 130 lbs.

Using Atkins as a tool has kept me away from the diabetes which runs in my family, and my health is extremely good for my age. I take only one prescription drug: HRT.

Something really clicked in me last September. I told myself that this time I would stick to it (my WOE) or I would die. Now, I know that seems drastic, but I've always been one of those "all or nothing" people.

I do not cheat. Even a little bit. I've cut my AS to a minimum and diet sodas, too. My weight loss is glacial. I'm unable (don't know why) to eat too much fat without suffering, so I keep my intake as high as possible, but have to balance it out with raw veggies (love broccoli) or psyllium.

So here is my present dilemma:
I'm not losing - anything - but when I wake up in the morning I'm so weak I can barely make myself move. While I was dropping oz. this was a good sign. Now, however, I'm just concerned. Not to mention the weakness.

All input is welcome, no matter how crazy. CRAZY I can understand!
g

Bust = 37.5" | Waist = 28.5" | Hips = 37.5" | Height = 5'3" | Age = 65 years
reluctantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #1440
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: n0va
Hey g (reluctantexan),

How many carbs are you eating per day? LC totally wipes out my potassium (major sources are vegetables; meat sources are things like salmon) and that can cause weakness. Consuming too little fat (something you mention in your post) has also caused problems for me, including weakness, tiredness, etc.

Just a couple things off the top of my head!
A
n0va is offline   Reply With Quote