Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:46 AM   #1111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: apekast
Stats: 183/171.8/120 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 29, 2008
I finaly received my Atkins 72' book yesterday and I stayed up last night to read it. I am so excited because a lot of my questions have been answered (how much water? what if I'm not eating 1,500 cal a day? I'm not a fast loser, is this normal?). And I feel like a big stone has been lifted off me. I am normal for me! And since this is a way of life now, who cares how long it takes? If I stick with it, then I will be where my body should be when it is ready. I feel so pumped! I am going to start lifting weights again today so that my muscles will firm and my body strong again.
apekast is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2008, 04:20 AM   #1112
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cajungenes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashi View Post
I ran across this on a thread a couple months ago. Here you go:
------------------------------------------------------------------
ATKINS REVOLUTION ROLLS

3 eggs
1 pkg. Splenda (I use 2 tsp. of twin sugar)
dash of salt
3 T. cream cheese
pinch of cream of tartar

Tashi,

Thanks so much for the Atkins Revolution Rolls recipe. They are wonderful! I made them the same day as I saw your recipe (08/14/08) and I will never be without them again. What a difference they make. Sandwiches are now a part of my life again. What heaven!!
cajungenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #1113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: itsallgood57
WOE: LC all the way!
Oh.... these rolls sound so yummy & with a three-day long weekend, I know I'll have time to make them!!! Thanks for sharing
itsallgood57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #1114
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: firefly-gypsy
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 9-2-08
On A Roll, Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5 View Post
ahaaa i just realized that the original one calls for cottage cheese, not cream cheese. Atkins said absolutely no cream cheese during induction, but cottage cheese was ok i guess lol.

Really i made 4 batches of this stuff and with 16 rolls i'm only looking at about 20 carbs total. Devide those by 5-6 days then its no more then 3-4 carbs per day. No problemo!!

omgosh they hold up so well with burgers. This is the FIRST time i've ever had a burger the old fashion way on atkins. It was DA BOMB!
I thought I remembered that cottage cheese was okay... So, in that recipe above, I should replace the cream cheese with the same amount of cottage cheese? Cottage cheese has more carbs in it than cream cheese, though. I think I'm confused. Maybe I should just skip the rolls... lol
firefly-gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #1115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheGigglingFrog
Stats: 282/274/145
Start Date: August 25 2008
I just had a Wendy's Baconator on the rolls and I feel so happy and satisfied!!! I got my fast food fix and didn't break the carb bank! WOO-HOO! I did miss the fries tho.. but totally worth the sacrifice to loose the weight
TheGigglingFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #1116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tiffany2288
Stats: 172/141/130 5'4
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct 2010
Hi everyone....newbie here....started doing Atkins 72 a few weeks ago to lose the 20-30lbs I put on since my wedding last year and to avoid becoming a diabetic like my mom. Has anyone maintaned Atkins WOE to keep from becomming a diabetic?
Tiffany2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #1117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karen
Hey I am new too...and would be interested in this thread..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #1118
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tiffany2288
Stats: 172/141/130 5'4
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct 2010
Hey Karen! Nice to see another newbie here
Tiffany2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #1119
Senior LCF Member

Hi and thanks..I am almost one week into it and havent lost...following it too
Old 09-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #1120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheGigglingFrog
Stats: 282/274/145
Start Date: August 25 2008
I'm 2 1/2 weeks in... lost the 1st week, went back up the 2nd, and have now come back down to my original loss... it is so frustrating! I am eating almost no carbs at all and I'm starting to get really exhausted and down... I hope this lifts soon and I get back to that good feeling I had days 3-7...
TheGigglingFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #1121
Senior LCF Member

why does this happen? It is frustrating
Old 09-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #1122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Hi to all - I'm not quite new, but "slip and slide" from week to week trying to figure out how to lose this weight. I joined last year, but have so many sugar/carb cravings that it's so hard...I turn to food with the stress in my life. So, trying to get through each day. I know lc works for me, as I have some food allergies and it pretty much leaves out bread, starch, etc. As I was reading, from what I experienced before, no one seems to be losing regularly. Here is something to try. Stick to induction clean for 2 weeks and evaluate...I am starting tomorrow. Also, put everything you eat into ******, ***********, or whatever you use and track all your carbs, fats, proteins...see where you are at. Read Dr. A's book over and over....post interesting facts from his book that you find helpful.....support each other....let's see if the scale can move in the right direction. What do you think?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #1123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigan-girl
Hi everyone. Im not quite a newbie either. I joined last year, but kept falling off the wagon. I absolutly love this site. THe support here is GREAT! I had lost 80lbs on atkins a few years ago after my third pregnancy, had 3 great years of slimmnes then got pregnant again with twins and gained it all back. ITs beed 3 years and the weight is still here after so much yo yo'ing since then. I started Atkins again last Monday the 8th. Im serious this time. I have never weighed this much (besides being pregnant). I have lost 5lbs so far. Its coming off slower then the first time i did this. I have given up splenda, so i hope that will help. Have any of u lost alot the first time, fell off, then tried again with slower loss? All responses appreciated.
michigan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #1124
Way too much time on my hands!

...i am a LC failure....I am ready to try again. I quit smoking in Nov. and gained @10 pounds. I am assuming I did as I am afraid to weigh. I would love to fit in my black dress I wore just 5 years ago. I need alot of support. I am very depressed. Can I join? I have atkins 72 and will start RIGHT NOW with the 0 carb phase....meat and essential one cup of lettuce.
aim in Fla*working is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #1125
Senior LCF Member

Dear Aim - how good to see you again! I don't know if you remember me, but we talked before....my daughter just moved to St. Petersburg on 8/4....I will be there 12/12/ to visit her...I am so excited! What you said could have come right out of my mouth...yes, I too am a LC failure, but, I have not given up. I don't post as often as I should, but I read a lot, and have found out that I am dealing with more than just a lack of willlpower. I see and talk with all these people that say they are doing this, and just go ahead and do it and lose all the weight....I on the other hands, dilly-dally around, wanting nothing more that sugar and carbs.....I just hate that! I now have had 2 days, totally cheat free, and I am hoping for a miracle...you are not alone, just belive that. You are taking the step you need to accomplish your goal, so, hang in there. Nothing in life is really easy, and we need to work at it, sometimes just some of us have to work a little harder than the next person. Anyway, need to get going now, but I look forward to seeing you on here again, and good luck with the 72 as that is what I am doing also. Re-started on sunday. later...
duece49424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #1126

I DO remember you.
Thank you SO MUCH for your warm welcome.
I am so afraid to get on the scale and I know I eventually have to
My clothes went from a 2 to a 6 and that is alot for my frame.
I just wanted to start smoking again.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #1127
Senior LCF Member

Aim - I know how you feel. When I first attempted lc last spring, I had a good day, a bad, good day, etc....never good days in a row....struggled. I did not get on the scale either for a really long time as I did not want to own that number. So, it's been months of being a failure at this, watching everyone else's weight go down and wondering why I couldn't do it. I finally got on the scale a few weeks ago and I think it was at that point it felt like a new beginning for me. I still struggle everyday, but not quite as bad or as much. Quitting smoking is HUGE! Don't start smoking again, you have a new goal now! After my husband died I can so much weight and I am so embarrassed that I could have become a hermit. I always hoped I would not run into someone I new from "back then". I cannot keep living like this as it is really not me to be like that. I am a very friendly and outgoing person who just loves people and I turned into a hermit...I don't like myself the way I am and it is all due to my weight...so, how stupid is that, that I wouldn't just do something about it.

I now Own my number, bad as it is, but I need my life back...so sad for me, but I also have to do this for me. I have had a lot of support on this board, people giving me encouragement, and I need to use that and "run with it". I'll help you. Be proud of what you accomplished and keep going. You are worth it to yourself and everybody that loves you. Talk later.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #1128

[COLOR="Red"]I now Own my number[/COLOR]
I love this....
Great attitude. I have thought, I don't weigh I wont know how bad it is...but I KNOW how bad it is...I do not fit my clothes.
I will weigh after TOM. Come hell or high water.
I have been on plan except for a handful of pecans, and a few handfuls of macadamia nuts. So to me...that is another failed day.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #1129
Senior LCF Member

Aim....do you have the 72 version book?
Do you have the right groceries in the house?
Do you have meat, eggs and some lc veggies?
Try and cut out most sugar if you can..you will start to crave healthier foods.
Weigh yourself - let me know what date/day you will do it.
Keep track whenever you weigh and see what is helping you - write your foods down.
do you use ******?
Keep it simple for now and see how you do. After a few days, you should be doing really good.

The nuts are not a downfall, don't think of it as that...could have been a lot worse, like chocolate, cupcakes, cookies, etc. I ate a whole box of cereal last week that I really didn't even like, but just was there. How sick is that?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #1130
Senior LCF Member

Aim - I see your goal is 127....weigh yourself and start counting down the pounds...I know you can do it and you will feel sooooo good!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #1131

okay. i will weigh on the 27th. I will be over TOM by then.
I do own the ATKINS 72 book. I have been rereading it.
I have an extrememly supportive BF...a supportive family...food stocked to the hilt with no excuses....
I make the excuses.
it is all ME.
I have done the cereal before as well...
a whole box of iffy stale stuff too..
I have also drank a WHOLE carton of heavy cream in a craving.
sick
Old 10-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #1132
Senior LCF Member

I am laughing because you sound so much like me but in a much smaller and younger scale..

You are in a good place now, reading your book, and be prepared, weigh on the 27th no matter what. And, sorry to say, you are right - it is your own fault, and my own fault, so, we need to stop being mad at ourselves, and get on with our lives and be truly happy, because I know this is about 99% of it for me...I have made myself like this and put myself in this mess. For the first time in a long time, I went out to dinner with a friend last night. Last week I would have just gone off my plan "because I was out to dinner, and, OH well", not last night. I had a steak and veggies and took the baked potato home to my son. That was another turning point for me. My friend never said a word and I felt good. I'm hoping these little changes will change my life for good.

I have my house for sale hoping to move to Florida...sooner the better. Hate this cold Michigan weather.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #1133

Quote:
Originally Posted by duece49424 View Post
I am laughing because you sound so much like me but in a much smaller and younger scale..

You are in a good place now, reading your book, and be prepared, weigh on the 27th no matter what. And, sorry to say, you are right - it is your own fault, and my own fault, so, [COLOR="Red"]we need to stop being mad at ourselves, and get on with our lives and be truly happy, because I know this is about 99% of it for me.[/COLOR]..I have made myself like this and put myself in this mess. For the first time in a long time, I went out to dinner with a friend last night. Last week I would have just gone off my plan "because I was out to dinner, and, OH well", not last night. I had a steak and veggies and took the baked potato home to my son. That was another turning point for me. My friend never said a word and I felt good. I'm hoping these little changes will change my life for good.

I have my house for sale hoping to move to Florida...sooner the better. Hate this cold Michigan weather.
....that is me. I KNOW that i am suffereing from depression because of my weight. PERIOD...IT affects intimacy with my fiance, my patience with my students and my time with my friends(i do NOT want to see them as they are losing their weight and I was always the skinny one)
Iwill weight on the 27th no matter what ...I wrote it in the calender.
I will face it on that day....I will post the wieght. However, I am going to try to stay focused until then.
p.s. I was in a boat all weekend swimming in the gulf and went to the bucs game and got sunburned even with sunscreen and it was ROASTING hot...yet, I always [put my Christmas tree up on Spet. first(since my divorce it has been a ritual)
1/1/12-137
1/4/12-135
1/14/12-132
1/16/12-131
1/26/12-129!!!( have not been here in 5 years!)
2/2/12-127!!!
2/14/12-124.5!!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 AM   #1134

maybe we need a challenge...what do you think?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #1135

.......wow.....crickets for a challenge huh? everyone split.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #1136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amber Colin
Stats: 143/138/112
WOE: Atkins LC
Start Date: March 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aim in Fla*working View Post
.......wow.....crickets for a challenge huh? everyone split.

Hi hi

can i join in the challenge?

I am now 139-140 and wanna lose till 115. My height is 5' 6.

I am trying to eat simple stuff like meat, eggs and veg, and exercise.

I'm tired of being called big-boned and what not. I can't eat just abit of carbs (like a pasta during meals) and leave it at that. I've accepted the fact that I will want more and more if I start off a little like "normal". One bowl always becomes 1 box. I really don't know why. Whoever's like me, ever wondered why we're like that? This is sickening.

I like LC foods esp when I cook my own meals, I really enjoy the whole process and results. But when I eat out or feel either very happy about something or depressed that day,'my mind will wander around.... feel like cheating ... i'm so ashamed that I even sometimes feel excited about the upcoming binge which I plan for!!! Can you believe it! BUT after i start the carb binge, I will surely regret and panic. The enjoyment of eating the so-called desirable food is gone..... but the addiction and sense of failure/doom will make me finish the whole binge anyway. It's like, since I'm such a screw-up, let it be a punishment to me for the day. Sigh!!!!

Really very tired.

I need all your support!

Amber,
29 yr old Chinese From Singapore!
Amber Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #1137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: greta_viktoria
Stats: 150/120/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Colin View Post
Hi hi

can i join in the challenge?

I am now 139-140 and wanna lose till 115. My height is 5' 6.

I am trying to eat simple stuff like meat, eggs and veg, and exercise.

I'm tired of being called big-boned and what not. I can't eat just abit of carbs (like a pasta during meals) and leave it at that. I've accepted the fact that I will want more and more if I start off a little like "normal". One bowl always becomes 1 box. I really don't know why. Whoever's like me, ever wondered why we're like that? This is sickening.

I like LC foods esp when I cook my own meals, I really enjoy the whole process and results. But when I eat out or feel either very happy about something or depressed that day,'my mind will wander around.... feel like cheating ... i'm so ashamed that I even sometimes feel excited about the upcoming binge which I plan for!!! Can you believe it! BUT after i start the carb binge, I will surely regret and panic. The enjoyment of eating the so-called desirable food is gone..... but the addiction and sense of failure/doom will make me finish the whole binge anyway. It's like, since I'm such a screw-up, let it be a punishment to me for the day. Sigh!!!!

Really very tired.

I need all your support!

Amber,
29 yr old Chinese From Singapore!
Amber
I'm with you!
greta_viktoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #1138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greta_viktoria View Post
Amber
I'm with you!
Hi hi

GREAT to know that!!!!! thank u!!! let's post our daily meals whenever possible... we can do it !!!

Amber
Old 10-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #1139
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone....okay AIM - I'm lost on the crickets...challenge is great with me...let's try and think of something that will really keep up movtivated, etc.....

Aim - I'm waiting til the 27th! Can't wait! LOL I have been exactly 5 days now, cheat free, sugar free, and lc...this is a record for me.... How are you doing?

Hi to Amber and Greta! Nice to meet you. Aim and I met quite a while ago and remet just lately trying to get the 72 back up and going. Have ideas?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #1140
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farley109 View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Hey..Your not far from me...I'm from Coalgate...but work in Atoka. We go threw Shawnee all the time heading to OKC....What lake do you go to??

I to was down 2.5lbs yesterday!!! I was having myself a pity party because my scales were up 1lb yesterday morning...Got home last night and the dang things were down 2.5lbs!!! Sooo thats 5.5lbs in 12 days!! O and I'm not exactly doing Atkins 72 right now..I'm doing a short STILLMANS to flush out all of my carbs from my month of BINGING!!! I fell off the 72 Wagon there for a while and gained about 10lbs back!!!
[/COLOR]
hello Agent Farley

Can I join your chicken wing association? hahahahahhaha

When is your next AGM??? :P

Is the pic in your avatar your current picture?

Amber