Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #1021
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: teammax
Stats: 147/129.2/107
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/15/2007
You are so right. In that first bite the cake might taste good but then I'll be SO MAD right after. WEDDING 18 days away. BOOYA!!!!

I'll post through the weekend so I'll totally letchu know!!!
teammax is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 12:09 PM   #1022
Senior LCF Member

So for lunch I brought in my plain tuna. But the office is FREEEZING cold and I wanted something warm:

breakfast: 1 egg 32 ounces water
lunch: 1 chicken breast with 1 slice american cheese on top 16 ounces of water.

does that look ok? i wanted to stay away from cheese but needed to decorate the plain chicken.

I'll add the 2 cups veggies in tonight with dinner.

Also got better vitamin c. The Sunkist I did have contained starch and 1 gm sugar. I went to a better vitamin store and got the non wheat,gluten, sugar pills.

ok back to gobbling up my chicken

hope everyone is having an awesome afternoon.

Stats: 149/129.2/107
9/27: 127.4
10/7: 124.2

"Prove that you were always who you thought you were not who they said you had to be."
Old 10-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #1023
Senior LCF Member

I HAD THE CAKE! I can't lie!!! I stink at lying and then it wouldn't really prove anything. It's so HARD to eat right when people are pestering you with a million little questions. "You look fine, don't worry." "How can you say no to birthday cake?"

Anyway, it wasn't worth it. The cake was totally from a mix...maybe if it was some amazing 'from scratch' I'd divulge but there you have it.

Today: plain tuna with basil/cilantro
Hit the gym around noon. Worked out for 45 minutes.

Drinking a LOT of water.

amy
Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #1024
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marymc
I wouldn't sweat the cake too much. You're not far from goal and you seem to be pretty active so you should rebound from it pretty quick. If it's any consolation to you, my birthday was last month and though I went off plan on purpose for the event, I had a bite out of each of THREE different desserts at the dinner table PLUS a slice of birthday cake!! (skipped the frosting - bleh.. too sweet) And you know what, I wish I could say otherwise but ... it was so totally worth it! :blush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammax View Post
I HAD THE CAKE! I can't lie!!! I stink at lying and then it wouldn't really prove anything. It's so HARD to eat right when people are pestering you with a million little questions. "You look fine, don't worry." "How can you say no to birthday cake?"

Anyway, it wasn't worth it. The cake was totally from a mix...maybe if it was some amazing 'from scratch' I'd divulge but there you have it.

Today: plain tuna with basil/cilantro
Hit the gym around noon. Worked out for 45 minutes.

Drinking a LOT of water.

amy
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #1025
Senior LCF Member

Marymc

I wish I could skip the frosting. It's my favorite part..especially if it's homemade.

I think going off plan for your birthday is completely A-OK.

Tomorrow night I'm taking my husband out for dinner. It's his 34th. I picked Plataforma which is totally lo carb (as long as you don't eat the side dishes). Which I will skip with pleasure! It's beef/chicken/pork on skewers and they keep bringing different types out until you flip your coaster over to STOP.

Meat! Easy. My husband originally wanted Indian food but that is NOT low carb at all. And I'm so lucky he understands that I'd like to lose a few.

13 days and counting!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #1026
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Twitime
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2009
Oh that sounds so cool, is it one of those Brazilian or Gaucho inspired places? Seen stuff like that on the Food Network and wish there was one here in Arizona!
Twitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #1027
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know. My mom used to make this totally awesome buttercream frosting that was to die for! Have fun on your hubby's birthday outing tomorrow. Glad you have an understanding and supportive spouse. The restaurant sounds great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammax View Post
Marymc

I wish I could skip the frosting. It's my favorite part..especially if it's homemade.

I think going off plan for your birthday is completely A-OK.

Tomorrow night I'm taking my husband out for dinner. It's his 34th. I picked Plataforma which is totally lo carb (as long as you don't eat the side dishes). Which I will skip with pleasure! It's beef/chicken/pork on skewers and they keep bringing different types out until you flip your coaster over to STOP.

Meat! Easy. My husband originally wanted Indian food but that is NOT low carb at all. And I'm so lucky he understands that I'd like to lose a few.

13 days and counting!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:04 AM   #1028
Senior LCF Member

12 days until the wedding. I can't believe I'm being risky and haven't gotten anything to wear for it.

Same foods for today:
1 egg
1/2 turkey sausage w/out skin

water water water

tuna packed in water (2 cans) w/ fresh cilantro, basil

dinner: plataforma, all protein and i'll get in 2 cups of lettuce.

doing ****** to watch my percentages. protein is a little high but my calories are fairly low low.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #1029
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: felicity1212
I am sure you all explained it to ppl a million times.. but i can't find it any where. can someone pls tell me how to make the revolution rolls?
never mind. found it
IMPROVED REVOLUTION ROLLS
4 egg whites
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon granular Splenda
Pinch salt
3 ounces cream cheese
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar

Last edited by felicity1212; 10-09-2007 at 09:05 AM..
felicity1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #1030
Senior LCF Member

The RR sound amazing. I found a few posts with different variations. Although I'm trying to stick to absolute basics..since the wedding I have to go to is in 12 days.

No RR yet----just meat, fish, and some cheese (here n there). Oh right and 2 cups of lettuce daily.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:21 AM   #1031
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Countess
I ordered the 1973 copy. I hope it's basically the same as the 1972.
Countess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #1032
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: luvdanrs
Stats: 243/221.5/150
Start Date: December 2006
If you search under Atkins 72' by scrolling down you will find a whole thread committed to RR's and there are wonderful recipes and variations I found that if you use mayo instead and some ground flax that the centers are not as "wet" and they are much more bready. But go check out the thread... the mayo recipe is by Whitelighter and its around pages 22 on I thinks or close to there.
luvdanrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #1033
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: luvdanrs
Stats: 243/221.5/150
Start Date: December 2006
ooops

Last edited by luvdanrs; 10-29-2007 at 06:24 PM..
luvdanrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:44 AM   #1034
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
Start Date: April 2, 2003
Where is everybody?
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:46 AM   #1035
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makeup
Hey there cuffs! I was literally just about to post the same thing. Baking up some bacon right now. How are you? Are you on 72 also?

Makeup
makeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:57 AM   #1036
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
Start Date: April 2, 2003
I am!

My food choices are boring - but, boring is good!

You?
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #1037
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makeup
Hey cuffs! Well I am right there with ya. I do much better on boring foods. I am trying to stick mainly to the list the Cheryl posted from her doc on the first page. I wonder if I should look at calories. Right now they are high. I discovered Bubba Bugers YUMMMY,

Makeup
makeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #1038
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nursechic
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 12, 2010
Thanks for posting this. I read this book several years ago. Have no idea what I did with my copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meling View Post
If anyone wants a used 72 book I found a place at a good price. I hope it is ok to post this.
Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution: The High Calorie Way to Stay Thin Forever by Dr. Robert C Atkins (Used, New, Out-of-Print) - Alibris

Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution; the High Calorie Way to Stay Thin Forever
by Atkins, Robert C
price: $2.95
nursechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #1039
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Grlcop
Can you help me?

I've been flopping around, unsure if I sure go back to lc or try low cal. ugh! I'm at my highest weight, and I never had a "weight problem" it just kinda crept on. Long story short, I tried lb when I weighed 133 lbs and not too far from goal, but eating the high protein/fat that I wasn't accustomed to then cheating with carbs contributed to my ongoing weight gain over the past three years, plus I need to stop having cocktails at night I'm 159 and I look my best/feel my best when I was 118...so I'm staring 40 lbs in the face.:blush:

I don't know what to eat/not eat anymore, I just know I feel bloated/miserable and my pictures lately make me want to cry. Can someone tell me some what they had each day on atkins 72'? I am going to start this Saturday...it's so hard with my job too.
Grlcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #1040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know just how you feel although I'd be thrilled to be at your current weight! It's hard to advise anyone on the way to go because it's such a personal decision. I can tell you that although I was much heavier than you are now when I started on low carb, I was feeling the same way - bloated and miserable - and it was carbs that were the culprit. Since I cut them out, I no longer feel bloated, and although I am loving the way my body is looking now, I still have the residual fat effects of years of carb feeding to get rid of. Whatever you decide to do, I think I can offer two solid pieces of advice. Plan ahead what you are going to eat and do not deviate from the plan at all and track every single thing that you put in your mouth, whether you do it on paper or on a program like ****** so that you can see calories, carbs, fats, etc. Even though technically you don't have to worry about counting calories on low carb, I think it helps to see how many you're eating so you can find where you should be, but that's just my opinion and others would disagree with me.

As far as what you eat each day, when you start it is mostly protein of course with a little bit of salad or veggies thrown in. As you progress, you add in other veggies, nuts, cheeses, etc. 5 grams at a time until you no longer lose weight. There is a list of the acceptable foods in a sticky somewhere at the start of the '72 topic.

As an example of what I eat, yesterday I had eggs scrambled in butter topped with a slice of american cheese, 3 strips of bacon and hot tea with heavy cream and splenda for a late breakfast. Since I ate breakfast late, I only had a snack between which were some little pizza cream cheese bite snacks I made - 1 carb a piece. I had a low carb meatloaf and low carb cole slaw for dinner. I drank 80 ounces (4 bottles) of water, several cups of hot herbal tea w/splenda through the day and I usually drink Diet Rite Pure Zero, but didn't have any yesterday. Today I had a western omelet for breakfast, for lunch I will have some leftover shrimp/egg salad made with full fat mayo with some of the leftover cole slaw and for dinner I'm cooking some bratwurst sausage and will have a garden salad with cucumber, celery and radishes with homemade ranch dressing. Another day earlier this week I had a late breakfast of plain eggs scrambled in butter with regular coffee, heavy cream and splenda for breakfast, tuna/egg salad made with full fat mayo on a large bed of mixed lettuce for a late lunch, and a can of Vienna sausages at dinnertime because I wasn't very hungry. The next day I ate a little more because I was hungrier. I try to keep my carbs under 20, but that day I had a zucchini/squash veggie frozen mix and end up going over my count by 3. That day I had eggs scrambled in butter with a slice of american cheese for breakfast, shrimp/egg salad on a bed of lettuce for lunch, and a baked chicken breast seasoned with paprika, thyme and other seasonings and topped with butter, plus one serving (I think it was 1/2 cup, maybe 3/4) of the zucchini/squash mixture topped with butter. For snacks this day I had a can of vienna sausage, 2 slices of deli turkey breast, a small handful of almonds, and a couple of those pizza bites. Like I said, I was hungry!! I also had several cups of hot herbal tea with splenda through the day and two diet rites. Sometimes I will have sugar free jello for a dessert after dinner, but I didn't make any up this week. I usually range anywhere from 1200 to 1700 calories though some days it is lower, but I usually make up for it the next day with higher numbers. Anyway, hope this helps you in your decision!

Last edited by marymc; 12-07-2007 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: spelling, what else!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #1041
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: skinnywantabe
Stats: 148/143/128
Start Date: Nov. 2007
[quote=Charski;7408859]Any response you type "bumps" the message to the top of the board - hence, when someone mply wants to put the message back at the top, they type the word "bump" and there she goes![/qu

Last edited by skinnywantabe; 12-09-2007 at 12:02 PM..
skinnywantabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #1042
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindsayB
Stats: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
This is the zero carb diet I was given by my doctor back in 1968 - before Dr. Atkins wrote the book....and I went from 160 to 122# in about 6 weeks.
It really works - but maybe because I was in my early 20's:
ON THIS DIET YOU MUST TAKE A MULTIPLE VITAMIN AND MINERAL CAPSULE

FOODS

Meat (except liver and liver sausage)
Fish (except wine sauce herring)
Seafood (except oysters)
Poultry (nothing to be breaded or floured,
No BBQ sauce or catsup)
Eggs (fixed any way)
Natural Cheese (with wax around)
(No cottage cheese, processed or yogurt)
Butter, Oleo
Fat
Salt/Pepper and other seasonings
Artificial Sweetners
Mustard & Horseradish
Mayonnaise *
Sour Cream Dressing *
Low Calorie Dressing * w/no sugar
Mushrooms (1T)
Beef or Chicken boullion broth
(No other soups)

*These items contain 2 cal. Of sugar per Tablespoon – DO NOT use excessively
** If desired as often as listed

Fried Pork Rinds (can be used as breading)
Sugar Free Gum (NO sugar free candy or other dietetic foods)
Cool Whip topping *
D-Zerta Jello and D-Zerta topping
Plain Knox Gelatin and sugar free kool-aid (mix together to make jello)
1C of lettuce (twice a day) **
NO OTHER VEGETABLES
NO FRUIT

BEVERAGES

Water (1/2 your weight in oz.)
Sugar Free Soda
Sugar Free Kool-Aid
Black Coffee and tea
Hard Liquor: (NO wine except dry vermouth, NO apricot brandy, drambouye, Southern Comfort, Liquorers)
NO regular beer
Lite Beer OK – Micholob Lite or Miller Lite
ixtapacheryl, thank you for posting your doctors diet. After looking around at all the low carb plans, and finishing reading the newer Atkins book, I think this "1968 diet" will be the simplest one for me to follow. Wish me luck, as I need to lose at least 20 pounds before January 15th! I doubt I can do it, but I can dream, can't I?
LindsayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #1043
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Okay, I am ready to commit to doing this. Starting Induction today, a Christmas gift to myself.

I'm 54 years old, and I don't lose weight as easily as I used to... I've been eating low-carb for the last few weeks, no sugar or flour foods, but not low enough to get into ketosis. My weight has just stayed the same.

Time to get serious... It's winter break from my teaching job and my night school classes, so it's the perfect time to focus on doing something good for myself.
loves2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #1044
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: skinnywantabe
Stats: 148/143/128
Start Date: Nov. 2007
Just want to say Hi I've been doing low carb since Nov. 1st. my weight was 148, it is now 140, but...I have lost inches, and my clothes don't fit. I have dropped one dress size. I'm a size 8 now. What I can't figure out is why the scale doesn't move. Oh Well, I've lost inches more than weight. I have about 15- 20 carbs per day. I have no appetite, and rarely eat Breakfast, mostly late lunch..and lite. dinner. I do like coffee w/splenda and Heavy Cream....about 2c. per day, sometimes extra cup at night. My goal is 128 lbs. and I'm not in any hurry, but seems like the scale should move alittle, it just stays on 140. Anyone got a clue for me?
Some of my favorite foods are the jalapenos stuffed w/Cream cheese/cheddar and bacon(turkey bacon), and the pecans with splenda,butter, and DaVinci (german choco.cake). Soooooo good.
Bye for now..
skinnywantabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #1045
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ~tina150~
Stats: 272/272/150
Start Date: 7/12/2010
Hello! I'm jumping back on today! I was gonna wait till after New years but I woke up and said why wait? I feel discusting! My cloths don't fit, I had nothing to wear over the holidays and was discusted!
I have 90 pounds to lose!! Gonna be tough, but I did it before, and let myself go and gained it back PLUS 7! I've had it now! Gonna go work out before i lose my willpower! lol
~tina150~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #1046
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nursechic
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 12, 2010
Same here Tina. I started back today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~tina150~ View Post
Hello! I'm jumping back on today! I was gonna wait till after New years but I woke up and said why wait? I feel discusting! My cloths don't fit, I had nothing to wear over the holidays and was discusted!
I have 90 pounds to lose!! Gonna be tough, but I did it before, and let myself go and gained it back PLUS 7! I've had it now! Gonna go work out before i lose my willpower! lol
nursechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #1047
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jecteacher
I'm new

Hi!

I'm new here...first day and am beginning Atkins...the REAL one...on the 6th of January.

I had done this version in 1995, losing about 60 pounds, and did well for lots of years. In 2004 I fell down the stairs and broke 2 vertebrae in my spine. I also had my gall bladder out. At that point, I was eating high carb (digestion after surgery) and not exercising at all (excruciating pain!) so I gained it back plus.

I've stabled off, losing about 10-15 over a couple of years. I still have 55 or so to go.

I'm also here because I am diabetic (family history is strong) and my blood sugars are way off. I'm on meds, but want OFF! Atkins and ketosis has always made me feel healthier.

I need support!!

Judy
jecteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:41 AM   #1048
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ~tina150~
Stats: 272/272/150
Start Date: 7/12/2010
I have to stay off the scale! I jumed on after the first day and lost 4 pounds! Then after 2 days, NOTHING! I thought i did really good. The only thing i can think of is i had some turkey sausage. maybe i'll avoid that and see what happens.
~tina150~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #1049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
You guys can do it!!

I started last January 16th and have lost 79 pounds. No cheats, 72 plan. I reached
my goal of 60 pounds down in May, then slowly lost the rest and my body finds it's best weight which was actually lower than I thought it would be. I am 53, post menopausal,
and exercise 5 times a week.

Use ****** to track your food and stay under 20 grams of carbs per day!

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #1050
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HeyCE
Stats: 222/172/165
WOE: lost to goal w/hcg now low-carb to lose a bit more
Start Date: hCG-01/01/08 & lc-12/03/10
I started this yesterday--I'd been gearing up to it for a week or so, and finally had a huge whoosh this morning. I love this plan, its simplicity, etc. The older version which is not what I lost 20 lbs. on three years ago (and have kept off, and have lost 26 more since then doing Nutrisystems, but then gained ten back, but now have lost four of that--whew!) was good but this just makes great sense.

I am also trying out the IF 'eat within a five hour window' to help me with not eating at night. I know know KNOW I do much better if I stop eating by 5, so I'm incorporating both.

About sausage--I know breakfast sausage isn't on the list but but but but it SAYS zero carbs.... please can I have it please? LOL.

Today I had two meals cuz I kinda slept through breakfast so I had brunch and dinner. All in all I think I still had some carbs sneak in--I haven't figured out exactly how to ****** a salad so will try and break it down. Olives have a carb per and were on the '72 list and I had five so I know I am not zero carbs Almost though.
HeyCE is offline   Reply With Quote