Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #991
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~*Christy*~
Stats: 240*12-12-07*/240/160 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Ive restarted too many times to count
I think Im hopping on the wagon for the A72 also. Its pretty much how Ive been eating anyway!
~*Christy*~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #992
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meri_Meri
WOE: Atkins
I'm also starting again, maybe this time I can do it right.
Meri_Meri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #993
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marymc
The veggie list is a bit confusing to me, especially in relation to the first week (or longer if you go longer with level one longer). But I think the list is more for levels 2 and up as you add the carbs. BUT, having said that, Dr. Atkins lists green peppers with the Level One Meal Plan lists in the back of the book, so I think they are okay anytime. Other than that he only mentions leafy greens, celery, radish and cucumber for the level one salads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmama View Post
just curious.. i've decided to try Atkins '72 and see how it goes... and wondering, what do you put in your green salads? are green peppers allowable?
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #994
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm trying this "clean" version too - couple weeks now. So far, so good, but I am staying at level one for awhile. Too much weight to lose! Maybe we can revive this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobookity View Post
I'm also starting again, maybe this time I can do it right.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #995
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nessy - No nuts in level one, so it depends on when you move out of that level. The book mentions that you can choose to bring in an ounce of walnuts, pecans, brazils or macadmias if you want as early as 2nd level, when you increase carbs by 5 to 8 grams, since those nuts come in at under 5 grams. Just depends on when you move into level two and decide to up your carbs. Then you'll have to see after adding them in how you do with it. You may have to eliminate them and add them back in at a later level if they cause you to stall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
Greetings!

I am new to LCF. I have been dieting since Jan. 1 of this year.
I have lost 81 lbs to date. I still have 42 left to lose.
I started with my own version of calorie counting. VERY low in cal,
mostly under 800. lost 46 by June. Then I found ******* and lost 35 more.
Now i want to make a change and want to do Atkins 72. I was on New Atkins about 10 yrs ago and it did not seem to work for me at the time.

SOOOOOO, any advice would be helpful. I am looking for a copy of the book, but in the meantime I'll do what I can. I do have one question.......... the post I go tmost of my info from did not mention nuts that I could see. Can buts be eaten on A72?

Thanks for any input,
Nessy
Old 09-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #996
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Ok, I gotta quit hanging out in the Kimmer thread and post things relevant. I'm on Atkins '72 to relose the weight I regained from my previous Atkins loss (200 pounds in 1.5 years, but was dumb enough to go off track and regain) :blush:

I do take vitamins, lots of vitamin C and a good multi, but I am not always good about remembering them.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #997
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me either Gweebles ... never been good about taking pills regularly. I'm sure you can get that weight off again - I'm working on it too and hoping that 72 will do it for me!! Why oh why do we do this to ourselves!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
Ok, I gotta quit hanging out in the Kimmer thread and post things relevant. I'm on Atkins '72 to relose the weight I regained from my previous Atkins loss (200 pounds in 1.5 years, but was dumb enough to go off track and regain) :blush:

I do take vitamins, lots of vitamin C and a good multi, but I am not always good about remembering them.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #998
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
It's a crazy cycle sometimes. I had reunited with the father of my daughter after 4 years of not speaking to him, forgetting how mentally controlling he is. He didn't like me not eating what he did and he is a carb junkie. He just couldn't understand why I was gaining and he wasn't. Probably the cocaine he did had a lot to do with it.

Needless to say I'm away from him, with a wonderful guy who has fought his weight too and loves me NO MATTER WHAT!! But I want to be a healthy bride. He will support me on this, but the Kimmers crazyness was making him nuts too. He said I was too obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymc View Post
Me either Gweebles ... never been good about taking pills regularly. I'm sure you can get that weight off again - I'm working on it too and hoping that 72 will do it for me!! Why oh why do we do this to ourselves!!
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:35 PM   #999
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't worry ... I think we've all been there with the relationship thing. I struggle with my husband's carb cravings too. Yesterday he walked in here with fried chicken, potato logs and boneless fried chicken strips! I guess he was having a major carb craving since he's been stuck eating mostly my food with a few extra carbs and starches for him. He did bring me a roasted chicken too though, so he's learning. I love him but sure wish I could get him to try this WOE. Anyway, glad you found someone who loves YOU for you. As far as the weight, I know we'll get there! The Kimmer stuff is crazy, but intriguing. I have spent hours trying to keep up too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
It's a crazy cycle sometimes. I had reunited with the father of my daughter after 4 years of not speaking to him, forgetting how mentally controlling he is. He didn't like me not eating what he did and he is a carb junkie. He just couldn't understand why I was gaining and he wasn't. Probably the cocaine he did had a lot to do with it.

Needless to say I'm away from him, with a wonderful guy who has fought his weight too and loves me NO MATTER WHAT!! But I want to be a healthy bride. He will support me on this, but the Kimmers crazyness was making him nuts too. He said I was too obsessed.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #1000
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Darlene41
Hi Everybody,
I'm new..well not new, been lurking on the board for a very long time. I just never post. Congrats to all of you who are losing and trying to lose.
I have a quick question and hoping that somebody can help me. I've lost 49 lbs. and lots of inches on Atkins plan. I went off plan for about 3 wks. I've gained 6 lbs.
I want to try this Atkins 1972. My question: After the 1 wk. induction, I understand you go the next level, but where are the food lists for each level? I do have the book, the correct book and I've read almost everything on this thread. In the book, Dr. Atkins talks about adding some cottage cheese for the first level. But where is that listed anywhere? I didn't even know I was allowed to have cottage cheese because there is no actual list in the book.
The first post in this thread has a list of allowable foods and the veggies for induction and all other levels, I just can't seem to find an actual allowable food list.
Thank you.
Darlene41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #1001
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shrl
Stats: 200/185/140
WOE: Cad, but changed to Atkins 72
Start Date: Restart Jan.20 08
I am still trying to find the right diet for me. I might try this. So far this morning I have had 2 cups coffee with cream and two boiled eggs

For lunch I am going to have a salad, but what kind of dressing can I have?

I think Tuna for dinner and a salad and sugar free Jello

Does this menu sound about right.
shrl
shrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #1002
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Darlene41
Well, I just figured it out. There isn't an actual food list like the new Atkins. But, I think I can figure out the basics.
Darlene41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #1003

Gallery: daisy73
WOE: Lower carb
I think the biggest difference is the lack of frankenfoods in the 72 version.
daisy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:56 AM   #1004
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mollysmama
Stats: Restarting for the billionth time..feb 2008 203lbs
Start Date: Jan 2002..230lbs
what are frankenfoods?
mollysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:11 AM   #1005
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Twitime
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2009
Processed foods, lots of chemicals, etc. is what my understanding is.
Twitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #1006
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mollysmama
Stats: Restarting for the billionth time..feb 2008 203lbs
Start Date: Jan 2002..230lbs
thanks
mollysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #1007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think the veggie lists that are given are suggestions for what you can use as you up your carbs when you begin climbing up the levels, since level one is pretty much restricted to 2 salads with bare basics (celery, cucumber, radish). Right?

Also, does anyone remember if there was a suggested restriction to not go beyond for level one? I don't want to move beyond level one for awhile, so I'm doing it longer than one week, and for some reason I thought I remembered he said you could do level one for as long as several months if you needed to lose a lot. I haven't had time to scan over the book again to find if there was a restriction, so thought I would ask in case anyone remembers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene41 View Post
Well, I just figured it out. There isn't an actual food list like the new Atkins. But, I think I can figure out the basics.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 AM   #1008
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

As I recall the book says you can stay on level 1 until you reach your goal and then start adding more foods. Kind of like the newer version, you can stay on induction for the entire time and then move up the steps.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #1009
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks - I thought so. I'm not sure I can last to goal but I'm going to try to hang with it as long as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitime View Post
As I recall the book says you can stay on level 1 until you reach your goal and then start adding more foods. Kind of like the newer version, you can stay on induction for the entire time and then move up the steps.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #1010
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Just go on to the next level then, but I just meant you are "allowed" to stay on level 1 or induction if you want. If you ca't stand it, then by all means move on, that will keep you from cheating probably.

We just have to do whatever works for us right?
Good Luck and hang in there!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #1011
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NutritionIsMyJob
GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Thank you so much for that menu given to you from your doc back in 1968!!! I did Atkins, The New Revolution, several years ago and did well, but I know ME...I need something with super clear cut rules or I go HOG WILD! The diet that you listed makes it crystal clear to me and all kinds of light bulbs went off in my head! I was tickled pink and I'm printing out your post for future reference. Along with that recipe for the revolution rolls. Sounds like a perfect option and I know that I will be happy as a pig in muck with one of those rolls every other day! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
NutritionIsMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #1012
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: teammax
Stats: 147/129.2/107
Start Date: 6/15/2007
hey all

my name's amy and i'm a short italian who is addicted to bread n butter. not to mention italian desserts, peanut m&ms, cheese n crackers, chocolate chips..oye.

i got married last november and was at my healthiest 107lb. well since then i gained a lot, super fast. not quite sure what it was but all of a sudden i was eating ALL the time. i couldn't eat enough bread n butter. lol.

so now i have my friend's wedding oct. 20th and i'd like to shed a bunch more even though i think i only have 18 days left. lol way to put pressure on myself. i'm not really doing it for the wedding, i'd just like to feel better about myself.

i'm a shortie so every pound shows. in fact i grew out of all my clothes so now i refuse to buy new jeans. so instead i have a crapload of babydoll dresses to hide my stomach and 'junk in the trunk.' i can't wait to wear pants again.

anyway i've read this threw for 2 days and everyone seems really supportive and extremely nice.

i'm trying to eat as plain as possible

breakfast: i had that turkey sausage..but now i think i'm going to quit that because of the nitrates?? what do you think>
1 egg

lunch: ground turkey
snack: some small shrimp (8)
32 ounces of water
gym:elliptical
dinner: ground turkey
32 ounces of water

amy

Stats: 149/129.2/107
9/27: 127.4
10/7: 124.2

"Prove that you were always who you thought you were not who they said you had to be."
teammax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #1013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no - I'm actually doing great on level one so far. In fact, several times this week I've had to make myself stop and eat because I had zero hunger, so that's a good thing, right?! I'm glad we can safely take it to goal if we want to, though with almost 50 pounds to go still for me, I'm likely to get bored and want to add some variety/carbs before I reach my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitime View Post
Just go on to the next level then, but I just meant you are "allowed" to stay on level 1 or induction if you want. If you ca't stand it, then by all means move on, that will keep you from cheating probably.

We just have to do whatever works for us right?
Good Luck and hang in there!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #1014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Amy - I surely know what you mean about the bread and butter! The Revolution Rolls have been a Godsend for me in that respect. There's a whole thread about them here in fact. I'm not sure I can help because I have so much more to lose than you (I've LOVE to be your current weight LOL). Anyway, it looks like you might need some salads in there, doesn't seem like you are eating enough food. As crazy as it sounds, if I don't eat enough calories, it reflects in a slower loss on the scale, but again, I have a lot more to lose than you do and I see you also have a short term goal you're trying to reach. Maybe someone closer to your weight can help more than I can. Do you have the original '72 book? I bought one off of Amazon and it is extremely helpful in understanding the original diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammax View Post
hey all

my name's amy and i'm a short italian who is addicted to bread n butter. not to mention italian desserts, peanut m&ms, cheese n crackers, chocolate chips..oye.

i got married last november and was at my healthiest 107lb. well since then i gained a lot, super fast. not quite sure what it was but all of a sudden i was eating ALL the time. i couldn't eat enough bread n butter. lol.

so now i have my friend's wedding oct. 20th and i'd like to shed a bunch more even though i think i only have 18 days left. lol way to put pressure on myself. i'm not really doing it for the wedding, i'd just like to feel better about myself.

i'm a shortie so every pound shows. in fact i grew out of all my clothes so now i refuse to buy new jeans. so instead i have a crapload of babydoll dresses to hide my stomach and 'junk in the trunk.' i can't wait to wear pants again.

anyway i've read this threw for 2 days and everyone seems really supportive and extremely nice.

i'm trying to eat as plain as possible

breakfast: i had that turkey sausage..but now i think i'm going to quit that because of the nitrates?? what do you think>
1 egg

lunch: ground turkey
snack: some small shrimp (8)
32 ounces of water
gym:elliptical
dinner: ground turkey
32 ounces of water

amy
Old 10-04-2007, 07:01 AM   #1015
Senior LCF Member

Hi Marymc:

Thanks for your reply. You are absolutely right, I DO need to add my 2 cups of salad. I bought some last night but was too lazy to wash it and eat it after I devoured a lot of ground turkey. So I'll make sure I have that tonight with dinner.

For breakfast I had: 1 egg sunnyside up
16 ounces of water.

For lunch I brought: 2 cans of albacore tuna (squeezed out the water) then added 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
chopped up 1 tbsp fresh basil, 1 tbsp fresh cilantro

I'm on amazon searching right now!

I know my weight seems fine to some people but I'm short and when I gain weight it goes all to my thighs and butt. So now when I wear pants I just don't feel comfortable. My best friend is bigger than me and gets mad when I watch what I eat but everyone needs to ask themselves,"Do I feel comfortable in my own skin?" So while my number might be feasible for one person, it's not comfortable for me. Of course if it was possible I'd grow a lot taller and not even think twice. lol. oh well.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #1016
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Teammax, wow the wedding is around the corner, I'm sure if you keep focused and stay strong, you will take off some weight, but if its not as much as desired, AND since you said you were a bit short...how about some 4 inch heels? lol!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #1017
Senior LCF Member

Yikes the weding is 17 days away. The weekend I am celebrating my DH and Mother in Law's bday. I know I can find something good on the menu. That doesn't stress me out. However saturday night we are going out for martinis. I'll stick to plain vodka/seltzer. And I'm not much of a drinks so 1 glass and I'll be asleep on the floor.

Next Tues is my husband's actual bday and he wants to go out. So I found an indian restaurant (it's his fav dish). Ugh that is NOT low carb. I'm scanning the menu to see if I can get a salad. Maybe I'll switch it up and take him out for steak? Is that bad that I'm choosing my husband's dinner out for my own weight loss? lol.

amy
Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #1018
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

If you're happy, then he'll be happy! There will always be another time you can take him out for Indian food! He will understand, if he loves you, he will want YOU to be happy!to him!!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #1019
Senior LCF Member

I'm getting him a guitar, pair of new boots, 2 basketball drywick tanks and a shirt/sweater combo from the gap. he's turning 34.

i found a cool brazilian steakhouse in the city. so now i feel better that i won't be tempted. woot! to get over that cake on sunday...i'll just eat a big dinner so i'm too full!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #1020
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Just think of the cake as poisen! Yuck! Sugar and goo and has no nutritional value what so ever! Keep telling yourself that! (easier said than done, when its not staring you in the face) You can have cake next year if you want, if you eat it you will be so pissed! Stay strong!