Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 05:31 AM   #931
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shrl
Stats: 200/185/140
WOE: Cad, but changed to Atkins 72
Start Date: Restart Jan.20 08
I am with y'all on the atkins 72.
Need to lose 40 lbs, starting at 180.
shrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2007, 08:33 AM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
Cottage cheese twice daily in 1/4 cup servings is a life saver for me!

Cheryl, where are you?????

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #933
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHMB View Post
Cottage cheese twice daily in 1/4 cup servings is a life saver for me!

Cheryl, where are you?????

Bella
I'm here - still alive and kicking. Went to the mall yesterday to look for an outfit for the beach wedding in October. Went into Chico's - and OMG got a beautiful outfit along with a belt. My DH was with me and he MADE me purchase it. There is no way I wanted to spend that kind of money but he forced me I love it when he goes with me. I would have put it back on the rack. I've never spent that kind of money on a belt before.

It was funny - I've been wearing all my old shorts, etc. around the house so I forget that I lost weight. Well I put this "clingy" outfit on - size 1 (Chico sizing) and came out of the dressing room. I couldn't believe I looked soooo thin. I asked the clerk if the mirrors were distorted and she wanted to know why I asked that question. When I walked out of the dressing room my husband was shocked. He keeps forgetting I lost weight because I wear baggy stuff around here to work in the yard or house.

Then we strolled over to the Dell store and proceeded to buy another laptop..... w/Vista operating system. Needless to say it was an expensive Sunday.

I just hate it when we are both in the "buying" mood.

Have a great 4th everyone ..... and keep posting.
BTW Bella - you are doing great.

"You will never find out what you can do until you do all you can to find
out!" - John Maxwell
ixtapacheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Good to hear from you Cheryl.

How exciting. . .your new Chico's outfit. . .and looking thin. WTG!!!

LOL about the spending mood. I so understand.

Happy 4th to everyone!

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl!!

I know what you mean- Im wearing a size 1 Chicos now and sometimes a small in tops and a size 10 pants. I can hardly contain myself!!

SO glad to hear from you!

Bella

PS Which outfit did you buy????
Old 07-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #936
Lovely, Luscious, Luxurious Loungie Brat

Location: KENTUCKY, Heart is in Essex, England (No white heels, blue eyeshadow, or dancing around my bag)
Gallery: CosmicMuffin
WOE: South Beach
I had a really good post and then I lost it.

I have posted here before. But I have now moved back to the states and I promised myself I would get back on '72. I have been doing Atkins. So...I have 8 weeks until I have to appear at a very important birthday party. I know I won't be near goal (I have A LOT to loose) but I would like to be down some. I just want to feel better about myself. SO...I need some help, to make sure I am eating what I should if that is ok.

B=Bacon 4 slices and 2 eggs
L=Tuna, mayo, Sweet relish 1 carb per tablespoon (made with splenda) or Chicken mayp with dill pickles. I plan to put this in iceburg lettuce leaves and make a wrap
D=Chicken or some meat and boiled cabbage less than a cup.

Does this sound ok?

Ohh and my exercise is 30mins walking each morning (time with my dad)
I then go to curves and I have been doing 45 mins. Later in the evening I walk another 30 to 45 mins with my mom. I figure while I have the time I should make good use of it and not sit on my butt. So I am moving if it sounds like exercise over kill. On the weekends (Sat and Sun) I only walk for 45 mins.

Does all this sound ok? I have no idea how much I will loose but I am not worried. I just want to get the most out of the next 8 weeks. I am curious about what is a reachable goal or idea of what I might loose.
Mimi is my hero Melly is the BOMB!!! PAMI and SHELLY have SHOVELS!!!
CosmicMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #937
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fifi
Stats: 5'3"
WOE: PSMF
Cheryl!! It is soooo good to see you posting!! PLEASE come back more often - you are MY INSPIRATION! Your 72 diet that you posted just "works" with my lifestyle and I am grateful that you posted it!

Cosmicmuffin - good luck to you! I think you will see quite a loss in 8 weeks! I understand about wanting to feel good about yourself, and I think having a special occasion to get you closer is a great thing!

I am dying here in my house: preping for the 4th is consisting of Coronas (NOT light), chips, cookies, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Oh - my - word - if I can make it through this holiday....

147, 147, 147, 147, 147 maybe if I keep repeating it I won't do anything sneaky....

My avatar is what I want my goal picture to look like![/COLOR]

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...flabuless.html
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #938
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IKSONAK
Stats: 250/233.4/150
WOE: KIMKINS PLAN
Start Date: JUNE 20, 2007
SAVE 4TH TO EVERYONE

NO MATTER WHAT YOU EAT, DRINK....DRIVE SAFELY AND STAY WELL!
IKSONAK
IKSONAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #939
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Cheryl!! It is soooo good to see you posting!! PLEASE come back more often - you are MY INSPIRATION! Your 72 diet that you posted just "works" with my lifestyle and I am grateful that you posted it!

Cosmicmuffin - good luck to you! I think you will see quite a loss in 8 weeks! I understand about wanting to feel good about yourself, and I think having a special occasion to get you closer is a great thing!

I am dying here in my house: preping for the 4th is consisting of Coronas (NOT light), chips, cookies, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Oh - my - word - if I can make it through this holiday....

147, 147, 147, 147, 147 maybe if I keep repeating it I won't do anything sneaky....
Oh Fifi - thank you! I hope you made it through the 4th with out sneaking around .... I know what you mean though. I just made a taco salad - but did half of a small avacado. I also had two brandy/diet 7-up's while everyone was having margaritas and for after dinner Kahlua/Ice Cream drinks...... wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 07-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #940
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl,

How are you doing with your plan?

Bella
Old 07-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #941

Location: KENTUCKY, Heart is in Essex, England (No white heels, blue eyeshadow, or dancing around my bag)
Thanks I will keep you all posted. I get measured and weighed tomorrow. I was on atkins this past month but hadn't been too good. So we will see what happened in June. But I am on '72 for the next 8 weeks.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:45 PM   #942
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kbetz0419
Stats: 176/172/155
WOE: lean- low carb
I found the book at borders
kbetz0419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #943
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heathershubby
Stats: 488 lbs/430 lbs/200lbs
WOE: educating myself on Low Carb
OK I am not really the smart so I have a question ?

I read the first post and I am confused as to what rules apply to the 72 and which one's don't?

Is the 72 the one you don't count cals on and can eat as many eggs as you want or is the the original.

I came up with my own plan but it was set at 20g of total carbs for the first 2 weeks to a month then I went on fit day and found out eggs have carbs and it recked my whole plan as it encluded 8 to 12 eggs a day and that would use up almost half of my daily carbs on the eggs.

I hope it is ok to ask this as I am just kinda making my own way with low carbs not following one of the guru's but I think atkins is probably the closest to what I am planing on doing.

thanks
heathershubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:57 AM   #944
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathershubby View Post
I read the first post and I am confused as to what rules apply to the 72 and which one's don't?

Is the 72 the one you don't count cals on and can eat as many eggs as you want or is the the original.

I came up with my own plan but it was set at 20g of total carbs for the first 2 weeks to a month then I went on fit day and found out eggs have carbs and it recked my whole plan as it encluded 8 to 12 eggs a day and that would use up almost half of my daily carbs on the eggs.

I hope it is ok to ask this as I am just kinda making my own way with low carbs not following one of the guru's but I think atkins is probably the closest to what I am planing on doing.

thanks
8-12 eggs a day? I think that might be too many. You might end up hating eggs by the time you are finished with your diet. I'd cut that quantity back some IMHO. Why not just have two for breakfast and maybe some deviled eggs for lunch. You can eat unlimited protein along with that. Yes I know that eggs have carbs but if eaten in moderation - it won't ruin it for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:01 AM   #945

Hummm I have never been good with ******. I do measure and write everything down that helps me the most. I also have four liter bottles I keep in the fridge and refill each night. So I know I get all my water in and anything after the 4th one is just gravy.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:25 AM   #946
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fifi
Stats: 5'3"
WOE: PSMF
Ladies

I hope you all had a nice holiday. I sure did. I love hanging out with my kids (4 & 7) when we have nothing to do all day. I was not too bad with what I ate, although I chose not to weigh-in today. Didn't want to disappoint myself as TOM is near and I did add in veggies yesterday (YES!).

I am feeling down today. Could be PMS, dunno. I was so motivated and confident for the past month - love that feeling.

On the egg topic, I am okay with a few scrambled eggs a day. I had tried to start eating boiled eggs during the day as a snack AS WELL as the scrambled...and let's just say I never want to see another boilled egg again. I need more variety LOL Today it will be nice to have some celery as snack when I get home (just thought of it).

Have a good one everybody!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heathershubby
Stats: 488 lbs/430 lbs/200lbs
WOE: educating myself on Low Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
8-12 eggs a day? I think that might be too many. You might end up hating eggs by the time you are finished with your diet. I'd cut that quantity back some IMHO. Why not just have two for breakfast and maybe some deviled eggs for lunch. You can eat unlimited protein along with that. Yes I know that eggs have carbs but if eaten in moderation - it won't ruin it for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks yeah I started today and didn't eat nearly as many eggs as I though lol. I hard boiled a couple dozen cause I was going to eat one everytime I got hungry. I really didn't get hungry so it was not an issue.

Here is my ****** for today I would love suggestions and corrections if I did anything wrong. I am not really doing 72 per say but its the closest thing out here that I have seen.

Thanks again.

my maintenance is 3400 cals so I am aiming for 1000 cals under but only aiming If I am hungry will eat like 72 says to.

Thanks again

Last edited by heathershubby; 07-05-2007 at 06:37 PM..
heathershubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #948
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kat mommy
Stats: 107.9/ 91.1/ 76 Kg.
WOE: Atkins72
Start Date: restart Jan 2012
Hi there thought I would drop by.
Bella & Cheryl..My hat is off to both of you ..what a fantastic job you have done..Bravo!!
I am in a state of panic we are going to the neighbors for a BBQ..ahhh in Germany you do not bring your own food I was told it is an insult to the cook..
Fifi understand what you are going through with the goodies around..whaaaaaaa
As for eggs..I use med. and only use one whole egg and one egg white ( scrambled,egg salad etc.) shure helps cut back on fat and cals.) I know you need the fat to feel satisfied,but I found I do not need the extra yolk. When it comes to salad dressing, I water everything down by half..you still have the flavor and creamy sensation. But it helps cut those so called hidden cals. & carbs with out much sacrafice.
Hang in there JeNell..you can stay on plan ( weeks you will see a big difference.

Rev Rolls I use Mayo ,and they turn out perfect
Old 07-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #949
Blabbermouth!!!

Katmommy: Thank you for your compliment. I struggle just like the rest of you .... it's a daily thing.

Have a great time at your party. Just pick and choose what you CAN eat. Most of the people will be spending the time eating, talking, drinking - so I'll bet no one will even notice what you are eating. I use to love functions like that - and would make a game out of tricking people into thinking I was eating everything when actually I was just pushing my food around my plate.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #950
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Hi everyone.

Well I have decided to come back to do atkins. Low fat is not working for me. I think it triggers carb cravings more than anything else. Will weigh in in the morn and start also. Hope you all let me join back in.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #951
Blabbermouth!!!

Of course - Welcome back. I have some neighbors that swear by low fat and they can't lose a pound. Hmmmmm!

I missed you ---- looking forward to seeing you slide into your goal weight! Have a great Sunday!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,

Cheryl, I still want to know which Chicos clothes you bought!! You know Im a Chicos fan! I went shopping there last week as their sale is going and I bought 4 pieces for $107! A black "Charlotte" long black basic skirt, a flirty little black and white top (short sleeves), a Travelers cami with lace trim in black, and their Monique Jacket in Terracota on sale for 1/2 off. All in size 1!
Ah the joys of shopping now....

Bella
Old 07-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #953
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Born2run2
Stats: 188/163/130
WOE: My own controlled carb plan
Start Date: August 2001
Hi all, Well I'm glad to see that this thread is still active. Well I fell off the wagon . this week I decided I need to get my stuff together and stay on program, so far so good. Anyway I need to lose 40 pounds, wish me luck. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #954

hi all

had a long day today.OK weigh in for me is on Tues. , but I started lc today at 150. I think most was salt from popcorn and junk food for two days. I am usually at 146 to 147. Tues is my official weigh in. Tomorrow I won't be around because I have to take my mom for a sleep study but I will be back Tues. Thanks everyone for all the support. I am so looking forward to drop this last twenty pounds. and to meeting new friends here. Thanks Cheryl for the warm welcome back.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #955
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: gettenthere
Stats: 316/160/180/201/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31st, 2003
Hi every one may I join you'll too, I jsut glanced through the posts real fast and noticed some of my old pals from kimmers and LCF I've been off plan for a year beeen trying to get back on the wagon and have decided today that 72 is what I need to start back with. I sure need help and support this time I want to do it by the book
still gettenthere
gettenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:03 AM   #956
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

where is every one?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #957

I am here. I lost this thread for some time as you can tell. I looked and looked all over for it. Finally today I got a link in my email to a reply to this thread. LOL.

HI CHERYL. HI BELLA. MISSED YOU BOTH. Well I found out that mayo has a little bit sugar in it. So really reduced that. Eggs have carbs, and I was eating a lot of those, then I found out that my turkey filet mignons(SP) had a gram of sugar in them. So no wonder I was not losing. Ok today I am still at 144.2. I need to be to 120.2 ... So I am doing strict atkins. Kind of like Cheryls post on the first or second page from 68 diet.

That is what I always thought atkins was. I love the rolls, but I eat too many so I am trying to stay legal for at least two weeks before I up my carbs. Thanks for everyones help. I have added two tablespoons of flax to my meals though. I really need it for movement. lol.

OH Is there some way someone can take over this thread and do it weekly at least?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:29 AM   #958
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Shelia hi,
I came in to post and every one left bamb I'll still keep checking in if you will hope others will. I've started the atkins 72 and next week I'm going to tweek with Cheryl's plan I've been stuck with 190. but have tons of energy so I'll stick with it for the week. may be we can support each other till some others join . May be Cheryl will come in and keep tabs on us have a great day
Old 08-17-2007, 10:13 AM   #959

Ya great. SUre will. I was down .2 this morn. Whoo hoo for me. I am now back to 144.
Eating a salad with some feta cheese on top with vin. and olive oil. Yum. also had a hebrew national hot dog. I was pure meat and egg for a couple days, now going to eat atkins style. No frankenfoods except for the hot dog at lunch. Just one. All else will be real food.

So keep me posted how you are doing too. I hate getting stuck at a weight and just sit there. I have been this weight now for almost two yrs.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:16 AM   #960
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Im back from Yosmite with a new avatar and down 1 pound!

Nice to see you Sheila!

More soon,
Bella