Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
You know what really gets me running to the bathroom - plain raw radishes. Also brussel sprouts and broccoli helps in that department. I generally buy two bunches of radishes per week - clean them and put them in cold water in the refrigerator.
Thank you Cheryl . You truly are a blessing. Thanks for helping and reaching out to others who need help. Like me. LOL.

Oh, I learned in 8th grade home ec how to make roses from radishes. Never fogot that.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: furkid
Stats: 233.5/191/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June, 2003
Cheryl, you caught me It is orange flavored vodka. Maybe I'll try straight vodka but use only Crystal Light Orange! I bet it won't make that much difference reversing the "mix!"

Hope everyone has a successful Atkins weekend

Toby
furkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #693
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by furkid View Post
Cheryl, you caught me It is orange flavored vodka. Maybe I'll try straight vodka but use only Crystal Light Orange! I bet it won't make that much difference reversing the "mix!"

Hope everyone has a successful Atkins weekend

Toby
Yup .... just what I thought I agree - substitute using the CL-orange and straight vodka..... sounds good to me!
ixtapacheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smilingirisheyes
WOE: Plant Strong
Start Date: Autumn 2009
Day 1

Day 1 is down, well, pretty much anyway and I did great! Stayed right on it and boy do I feel extremely motivated this time. DH is doing this with me so this should be pretty painless

How's everybody else doing?? Any great plans this weekend, trying to eat on plan and all??
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
WTG Lisa

Im doing the same ol thing..... low carbin like (not) a fool!

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:07 AM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHMB View Post
WTG Lisa

Im doing the same ol thing..... low carbin like (not) a fool!

Bella
!! Day 2 is starting out really well! Have you tried to add anything else back in, Bella??

I actually weighed this morning and lost 3 lb, but I know that is most likely water weight. Still, it looks great and I'll take it!!
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Lisa,

Well I was going to but.... I think Im still pretty nervous
about slowing down my loss. Maybe Im not quite to the point
of adding back in foods, I dont know. But for now I just lost
another pound. Not exactly the worst problem in the world to
have

Bella
Old 04-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #698
Blabbermouth!!!

I just cooked a roast with some mushrooms - for hours on low heat. I'll have that with some salad. DH wants some McDonalds tonight - so after Mass this evening (Catholic) I'll pick some up for him.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 04-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #699
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fifi
Stats: 5'3"
WOE: PSMF
Crap. It was such an off week for me. Last weekend I was posting about a little carb binge - well it has turned into a carb fest week. Looking back it was a stressful week (not that it is an excuse), so I guess I don't quite have the control I thought I had not turning to food. Bad habits die hard.

I am p.o.'d at myself because had I stuck to the plan since January, I'd be at goal. But, I didn't. So, I look forward to a successful week (with fingers crossed)!

Thanks for letting me drop in and vent. Have a great Sunday all!

My avatar is what I want my goal picture to look like![/COLOR]

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...flabuless.html
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #700
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DonnaD40
Stats: 175/159.5/150
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: restart 3/02/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingirisheyes View Post
Obviously the strawberries aren't stalling you Donna...yay for you! Do you have them a couple of times a week or just occasionally or what?
Sorry , didnt get back to you sooner. I eat strawberries a few times a week.
My loss has slowed , but im sure its from a few things not just one in particular.

I have found a great flax muffin recipe in the recipe room ( there are a few that are similar). These are another great thing to help "clean ya out". ANd its a break from eggs. I made some friday with banana extract & a few pecans. Yummy actually too!

All this talk of vodka is making me get a hankering. I am thinking I must get some soon. I have been drinking Merlot in diet soda . It tastes like a wine cooler. THo I know vodka is less carbs........and it sounds perty good too.
I have a nice margarita recipe from Dana Carpenters 15 min recipe book (I think its that one anyhow). Its nice , and yummy. It uses orange seltzer , lime juice (unseetened of course), splenda , and tequila. Very nice on a hot day.

I made some stuffed peppers with lasagna ingredients on friday. They were a hit , even for my picky husband.

Have a great sunday ( of what is left) to all.
DonnaD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #701
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amyzon
Stats: 218/198/178
WOE: Atkins/whatever
Start Date: April 22, 2007
Hello Everyone,
I have been reading everyone's posts and enjoying them so I thought I would say Hello.
I am going to re-start Atkins tomorrow. I lost 60# on the plan in the past and have put back on sheesh about 40-45 of it. (stress, life, poor job change, etc.) But I am tired of having to buy larger and larger sizes so I am reverting back to what originally worked for me.
In the mean time I have literally tried every diet on the face of the planet with varying results but immediately regain what I lose plus more when I go off the diet.
At the current time I am on some anti-depressant meds which increase my appetitie. (in my opinion) so please pray for me that I will get this fat off my bod.

Amyzon
Amyzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #702
Junior LCF Member

as an addendum to my post:
It will surprise no one I am sure to find out I had my gallbladder out about 2 weeks ago Glad that thing is gone.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #703

Hi all.

Stuck to plan this weekend and so proud of me. I did carb on Sat. but it was veggies. String beans with chic peas tossed with eevo and onion salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning and parm. cheese. It was good. But I thought that it was a better choice than sugar free girlscout cookies.

Amyzon, you had your gall bladder out? Are you doing ok now? I had mine out several yrs ago. Best surgery I ever had. Quick recovery also. I had laser type.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #704
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptureready1953 View Post
Hi all.

Stuck to plan this weekend and so proud of me. I did carb on Sat. but it was veggies. String beans with chic peas tossed with eevo and onion salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning and parm. cheese. It was good. But I thought that it was a better choice than sugar free girlscout cookies.

Amyzon, you had your gall bladder out? Are you doing ok now? I had mine out several yrs ago. Best surgery I ever had. Quick recovery also. I had laser type.
Heyyy! Congrats Sheila! I know, I had a hard time sticking to low carb this week too! But I didn't cheat!! Its so hard when I go home and have my lil sibblings eating pizza, icecream, and candy around me all the time. Tomorrow morning is weigh-in for me and I'm hoping all the resisting sugars/starches will pay off!

Cheryl - when you lost all that weight in 6 weeks, were you exercising too? So far my only exercise really is takin my dog for a short walk...
gillygum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:14 AM   #705
Junior LCF Member

I had the laser kind too. I am doing fine now. Back and work and ready to go.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:24 AM   #706

Gilly, I know it is hard when you have kids. I have a dh that eats whatever. AND 4 grandblessings. Best wishes!! We can do this.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #707
Senior LCF Member

haha rapture, i bet! this woman at work who is trying to eat healthier told me that her son always eats fast food and its hard for her. but now when she goes to the grocery store and feels like rewarding herself with icecream or something, she picks up some flowers there instead and arranges them at home. she says they make her just as happy and they last longer!

today is my one week weigh-in:
8 pounds down, 30 to go!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #708

WOW wtg on 8 pounds. That is fantastic!! MY weigh in is in the morn. ....
Old 04-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #709
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Gillygum: Hey Milwaukee (I use to live in Delafield before I moved to Florida in 1999). My daughter teaches at 27th Wisconsin Ave.

NO - I didn't exercise at all when I lost back in the '70's....... In fact the doc told me NOT to exercise until I got the weight off.... he said that exercise increases insulin and insulin increases appetite. I loved hearing that!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #710
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Amyzon - you will love it here. Everyone is so friendly and supportive. You'll be back in shape in no time at all.

Gillygum - Congrats on the 8# gone FOR GOOD! Those 30# will come off in no time whatsoever!

Raptureready - I agree a few healthy carbs is sure better than going the candy route - or cookie route. I'm proud of you! Now how do I know that since you've gotten that out of your system, you are back full force this week
Old 04-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #711
Junior LCF Member

ixtapacheryl - thank you so much for the welcome. I am on track so far today. ate eggs & bacon for breakfast which was around 12noon because I work at night. i am sitting here trying to decide if i am hungry or not so i think i'll distract myself by doing some laundry. good luck to everyone!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:21 PM   #712
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyzon View Post
ixtapacheryl - thank you so much for the welcome. I am on track so far today. ate eggs & bacon for breakfast which was around 12noon because I work at night. i am sitting here trying to decide if i am hungry or not so i think i'll distract myself by doing some laundry. good luck to everyone!
Good work on keeping low carb today. Just think - by summer you'll be down so much weight you'll have to start shopping for new clothes. When I did that last summer I had a ball. I took my DH with me - because it was so much easier for him to run to get different sizes for me. I had no idea what size I was. It's funny - when I shop now I automatically go to the size 14's and then catch myself up short because I can wear anything from 4/6/8. What a difference - maybe one of these days my mind will catch up with my body. What makes me think that will never happen. I still feel and think I'm heavy. I don't think that ever changes!

What type of a job do you have that you go in at night? Are you a nurse?

Have a great evening and enjoy LC'ing!

Don't forget - take some progress pics as you go along ...... they are great incentives. If you think you aren't progressing you can just get out your older photos. Also a great idea is to keep a spreadsheet with dates/starting weight, etc. Only change the spreadsheet when you see a change on the scale.

"You will never find out what you can do until you do all you can to find
out!" - John Maxwell
Old 04-23-2007, 12:49 PM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: furkid
Stats: 233.5/191/180
Start Date: June, 2003
Amyzon Welcome! Good luck to you. This is a great place to be - and you're here!

Toby
furkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #714
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peony
Stats: Down 26
Start Date: March 2007
I seem to have lost this diet for the past 2 days. I decided that I may not be eating enough so I added yogurt and some cheese and tomato on my salad. I know the yogurt count isn't accurate because of the culturing, but I've still managed to gain back almost 4 lbs. I am figuring most of that is fluid because I'm totally exausted and haven't been sleeping well.

I did have a cookie on Friday but the carbs averabe for the past week is still under 20.

I think I may have some of that dieter's tea and clean out my system so that tomorrow I can go back to 10 carbs.

I just hate to think of adding carbs because I don't want to gain what I've lost. This is so scarey. I know what Bella is going through, eventhough I am just starting this journey and she is at the final stretch.
Peony
Peony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #715
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
Hi Gillygum: Hey Milwaukee (I use to live in Delafield before I moved to Florida in 1999). My daughter teaches at 27th Wisconsin Ave.

NO - I didn't exercise at all when I lost back in the '70's....... In fact the doc told me NOT to exercise until I got the weight off.... he said that exercise increases insulin and insulin increases appetite. I loved hearing that!
Haha I live on 82nd and Wisconsin, so not too far away from her!
That's weird that you say that about the exercising because for whatever reason, I don't lose as much weight when I exercise and diet. Even in hs when I was on cross country running about 4 miles a day, I really didn't lose any weight. The only times I've ever lost weight was from low carbing. I think I'm gonna stick with my 15 min walk and 12 min abs video until I reach goal - THEN start upping the exercise routine.

Heyyy Peony! I know, I've never gotten to the stage of actually being able to add carbs. So congrats on that! Haha. But anyways, I've read a bunch of posts on here where people were talking about losing even MORE weight as they added their healthy carbs... I suppose it's different for everyone. Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!
Old 04-24-2007, 05:01 AM   #716
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dew4j
Stats: 185/140.4/135
Start Date: 9/1/04, reinduction 1/15/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
I seem to have lost this diet for the past 2 days. I decided that I may not be eating enough so I added yogurt and some cheese and tomato on my salad. I know the yogurt count isn't accurate because of the culturing, but I've still managed to gain back almost 4 lbs. I am figuring most of that is fluid because I'm totally exausted and haven't been sleeping well.

I did have a cookie on Friday but the carbs averabe for the past week is still under 20.

I think I may have some of that dieter's tea and clean out my system so that tomorrow I can go back to 10 carbs.

I just hate to think of adding carbs because I don't want to gain what I've lost. This is so scarey. I know what Bella is going through, eventhough I am just starting this journey and she is at the final stretch.
Peony
Please tell me what is dieter's tea? Email the answer to me please. Thanks
dew4j@zoominternet.net
dew4j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:58 AM   #717
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2bdancing
Stats: 150/124/120 5'4.5" medium frame
WOE: Modified Atkins/Mainly SB
Start Date: February 2001 restart February 2006
Good morning all. I am still maintaining at 131. Not losing at all. I have added more calories through using butter to fry eggs in and additional vegetables. I think I am going to eat right and check with ****** to see what makes a difference. I now have a prescription for the internal stall problem and I am so glad. I hate taking anything but nothing was working. I am exercising but had some advise on the exercise board to cut back on cardio and increase weights. I am going to do a full body workout with 30 min cardio three times a week. I need to get with it I have less than 3 weeks to go for the cruise. I can't believe this. I can not figure out what the problem is. My pool is full of water and am going swim suit shopping today. With the solar blanket I hope to be swimming in 2 weeks.
2bdancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #718
Senior LCF Member

Morning all....

This is Day 5 of my induction phase and I am down 4 pounds! Now, that might bounce a bit, but it is down....woo-hoo!

Bella: Wow! You are almost there girl!! 50 pounds in this length of time is quite amazing. We have a Northern California trip planned for June, so this is even more of an incentive to stick with it so I can feel really great!

It is interesting to find out what works with your particular body chemistry. Wouldn't it be nice if all these tweaks worked for all of us? I know my hormones definitely play a part in this dropping the fat stuff for me.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:47 AM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Well today was my weekly weigh in and I lost barely a pound this week, but last week I lost 4-5 so Im not stressin' I figure I will weigh myself in a few days and see what's happening. Probably wont wait until next week just to make sure Im still losing. I have added a touch more carbs into my diet so I know I can expect a slower loss rate now. Its all good!

My irises are blooming, I planted alot of new ones that I ordered from Holland and they are beauties! This is the time of year when the garden needs alot of work but it is worth it.

Hope everyone is well and congrats to all you losers!

Bella
Old 04-25-2007, 08:48 AM   #720
Senior LCF Member

I'm jealous! I wish I had a garden! I absolutely love flowers!! And just being outdoors in general.

I'm bummed lately with my diet. I've been sticking to low carbs and all, but I feel bloated lately. And I know you're not suppose to weigh yourself everyday, but I have been, and within the last few days I keep fluctuating 2 pounds. From 150-152. Its not a huuge deal, but I would just like to get in the 140's soon. I started taking fiber tablets Saturday, so I don't know if maybe because there's sugar in there it has stalled me? Or maybe because I've been drinking a lot of diet soda in the last 3 days. I'm gonna eliminate the fiber tablets and limit my soda and see what happens...