Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smilingirisheyes
WOE: Plant Strong
Start Date: Autumn 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygum View Post
I haven't wrote on here in awhile, but am always reading.. and I have to give a big thank you to Cheryl!

I've tried Atkins in the past, but I always screwed up and decided to stop the diet.
Anyways, this stricter diet helps me to say no to the food that I use to wonder about (if they were induction friendly/how much I could have/etc). And the fact that you said you went from 160-120 in 6 weeks is definitely inspiring!!
I have MANY events coming up this year that I would love to be skinny for. Including being the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding.
I'm vowing to stick to this diet for at LEAST 6 weeks!! I know I can do it!
I know you're not suppose to check the scale everyday, but I couldn't help it. I looked at the scale this morning (day 3 for me) and I already lost weight. I'm so so excited! Thank you soooo much Cheryl for sharing your words of wisdom with all of us!!
Gillygum, I'm getting ready to commit like you are at the end of this week. Let's do it. Psssttt...your dachsie is a little doll! I have one 15 years old this year.
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #662
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Gillygum: Hey - I know if you can stick to this for a "short" 6 weeks you can stick to it longer. You won't believe how much better you are going to feel (after the induction flu which will probably last 3 days).... Please - Please keep us updated and don't forget a great multi-vitamin/mineral capsule. A must! While you are at it - pick up some laxatives - you might need them (I did).

I just looked at your current weight and your goal weight and OMG only 38# to lose - easily in less than 2 months. You should lose 25# in 4 weeks (you are still so young and your metabolism is faster than at my age). I lost that fast when I was in my early 20's....

"You will never find out what you can do until you do all you can to find
out!" - John Maxwell

Last edited by ixtapacheryl; 04-17-2007 at 06:37 PM..
ixtapacheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #663
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigan-girl
im a little confused , i hear alot of u talking about calories. I didnt know u had to keep it low on atkins. When i lost the first time, to be honest, i didnt counnt calories at all, had fattening steaks, etc. My weight loss is alot slower this time around, still can figure out why. Maybe it is the calorie thing.....this time around.
michigan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
Michigan are you using ******? You might post us a link so we can take a gander at what you are eating

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makeup
Michigan girl,

I do not count calories per say. I do try to not over eat and really listen to my body. I keep my carbs as low as possible. I am doing great by not eating at night. I sleep better and feel better on less food. I have also learned that I tend to way over eat on acceptable foods if I am not mindful of my intake. So many yummy recipes on this site. I do know that I must eat simple. I love gooey lc dishes but the calories are just too high for me to lose on. Meats, veggies and a bit of cheese are my best options. What works for one will not work for all. Thinking back to my begining years long ago with LC. I did not cook much. I ate off the induction list, and lost weight no counting no measuring.

I am going to turn in. TOM has me bloated but I did not cave to cravings. The almonds at the register in starbucks were literaly in my hand. I am so glad that I put them down. I bet that I am out of ketosis. For some reason TOM comes and ketosis leaves. Wonder why that happens.

Makeup
makeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:25 AM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingirisheyes View Post
Gillygum, I'm getting ready to commit like you are at the end of this week. Let's do it. Psssttt...your dachsie is a little doll! I have one 15 years old this year.
Yayy! LET'S do it!! I know I love lil dachsunds. We had one before this, but this one is crazy!! I always call her an attention wh*re. Haha. She literally jumps up and down all the time over every little thing. And won't eat her food unless someones watching her. She's so funny, but a lil strange!

Cheryl!! You have me so excited! You should get paid to be a LC coach. Haha. I haven't had any headaches or anything yet. It could be because I'm drinking tonnnns of water!!! And it hasn't been like a chore to drink it either. I'm also eating a LOT though. My friend asked me last night what I had to eat that day and I rambled on this long long list. I'm sure she was like whoa... but even when I was listing all of it off, I was still hungry. But I know it's workin! Each morning my stomach feels a little smaller and my pants are startin to get a lil looser. I've hidden my scale til Monday though!

Oh yeh, and also, I found this spices mix that I stole from my Dad. It's like a giant thing of Grill Creations Steak Dust he got from Sam's Club. And it makes my hamburgers taste a lot like steak!! So for anyone else who likes steak.. its worth a try!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #667
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
ok whats wrong with me. I am never NOT hungry. Even in deep ketosis. ??? WHY??? Booo hoooo. I mean I am not starving but sure never hungry.

Anyway, that book I found called Super energy diet from Dr Atkins, it is his first diet with vitamins. Loving the book so far. Havent gotten the vits yet but want to in the future. Have a great day everyone.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:16 AM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2bdancing
Stats: 150/124/120 5'4.5" medium frame
WOE: Modified Atkins/Mainly SB
Start Date: February 2001 restart February 2006
Just passing through this thread today. Went to the gym for my 30 ellipitical and 10 treadmill. I did weigh this morning and was down 2 more #'s. Now I really have 11 more to go. I have 4.5 weeks to lose it for the cruise. I don't think I will make it. I think the wine I was drinking caused a delay in losing. I have stopped that. I added 1 tsp of peanut butter last night. We are cutting trees down for the pool to be put in and I had to clean that up before dinner. I was a little hungry for the first time so I used peanut butter to hold me.

It helps me to write these things and know someone is going to read it. Makes me accoutable. Thanks for listening.
2bdancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #669
Blabbermouth!!!

Gillygum: Good for you ...... keep on staying the course. You have hardly any weight to lose and should be at goal sooner rather than later.

2bdanding: Yes I would nix the wine - can really put the weight on or stall you. Instead have a rum/diet coke or scotch and water. You will definitely lose those 11# in 4.5 weeks. Gosh that is a little over 2# a week .... very doable!

raptureready1953: Can't figure out why you are still hungry - even in ketosis. I had the opposite effect - my DH had to force me to eat even a few slices of genoa salami - almost gagged...... Could you post what you are eating .... maybe there are some hidden carbs somewhere. You should definitely have a loss of appetite. Something is triggering that!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,

All is well here, starting to add fruit today.

Check in later.

Bella
Old 04-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #671

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
Gillygum: Good for you ...... keep on staying the course. You have hardly any weight to lose and should be at goal sooner rather than later.

2bdanding: Yes I would nix the wine - can really put the weight on or stall you. Instead have a rum/diet coke or scotch and water. You will definitely lose those 11# in 4.5 weeks. Gosh that is a little over 2# a week .... very doable!

raptureready1953: Can't figure out why you are still hungry - even in ketosis. I had the opposite effect - my DH had to force me to eat even a few slices of genoa salami - almost gagged...... Could you post what you are eating .... maybe there are some hidden carbs somewhere. You should definitely have a loss of appetite. Something is triggering that!
todays menu
BRK: two eggs/ two slices of turkey bacon
snack: hb egg
Lunch: two eggs/ one and half slices of turkey bacon
Snack : one oz of cheese
Dinner : 5 oz lean ground beef/ small salad with a little mayo
snack: diet root beer and hb egg on way home from church

lots of coffee, lots of tea, I have been using splenda, but mostly use sweet n low. I try not to go over 4 tsps of cream in a day. And I stay to about 3 oz of cheese. I rarely do eat it, but I have for the last couple of days. Sometimes instead of salad, I do eat 4 oz canned spinach or turnips. But that is about it. Staying on plan.

Yesterdays was
two eggs/two turkey bacon
some cheese, hb eggs
chicken, baked, with a little mayo , hb egg
ground beef for supper with small salad and full ranch. one tblsp. one string bean also.
devil eggs, about two. they were squashed up.

thats about what I usually eat every day. I do change meats occassionally. I am down some today, but not like I should be according to Dr Atkin. I know, my metabolism must have slowed down. Well going to pray it increases.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi again

Ok, ate 1/4 cup blueberries and they totally spiked my blood sugar
Made me nervous, kindof shaky. Im drinking water to dillute it, and
also ate protein with it. So I dunno.....

Bella
Old 04-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Sheila - are you still doing Kimmers? Has this been since 9/10/05? I see where you do eat spinach and turnips but it sure seems like not enough veggies and sooo many eggs. Do you use ******? You really have to be honest and log everything. I thought I was eating way more calories than I was. I tweak ****** to the Nutrition Facts on the cans, bottles, or calorie count books. This way I use one standard. I know we can do this because I have done it before. I don't think I paid as much attention to it the last time and it took about 3 months to lose 40 #'s.

Bella - I love the name.

Cheryl - Again, thanks.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: furkid
Stats: 233.5/191/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June, 2003
Rapture, I don't see any fat. You can have sf mayo and butter. They really help fill you up. If it is any comfort to you, I asked the same question last week. What I realized was I really wasn't always hungry, but it was more a "habit" to eat. Try adding some fat, maybe fry your am eggs in butter; maybe make egg salad or tuna salad - it's all allowed and more satisfying than what you're having (IMHO).

2B-You know Cheryl is the "goddess" of this group and she is so 100% about what to drink. In my case Friday night I made a concotion of Crystal Light Lemonade and Orange Vodka - I made it in a huge pitcher, brought it to a party, had probably 3 (meant to have 2) but they were a big hit. Had to make a second batch. Moral of story - no gain. Saturday night I ended up having 2 allowed Michelob no carb beers - 2 pound gain. Sunday night - a dirty martini (allowed, vermouth and gin) - no gain. Okay, no all my weekends don't look like this, but it seems like we had one social thing after another. The beer weight came off after a day (but that's discouraging, who wants any gain), but the other stuff didn't make one bit of difference!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #675

Fat: I eat fat. There is fat in meat, and in eggs. And I put mayo in my deviled eggs, and sometimes eat mayo on chicken, and salad. For brkst I fry my two eggs in a tblsp of Coconut oil too. Fit day. I cant measure my chicken. I bake a chicken and eat off it . Sometimes it takes two days. Depending on the size of it. Some are really small and some are bigger.
What else can you eat besides meat or eggs or cheese? Very low glycemic veggies are on the list, but you are only allowed so many carbs of those in the book. ??? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:17 PM   #676
Major LCF Poster!

Rapture, are you hungry all the time or just certain days. Today I feel hungry. Maybe's its due to TOM. I have been drinking zero carb flavored water. Maybe I need more regular water. I think tonight I will have a piece or two of lamb as my early dinner. Cutting off my eating earlier has worked great.

Bella, no advice on the fruit. I havent had luck with it in the past. I think when I am at goal I will add yocheese instead of fruit. Not a huge fruit fan anyway. I only do fruit when on Scarsdale. Hope someone else has some advise for you.

Thanks,
Makeup
Old 04-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Makeup,
What is yocheese?

Bella
Old 04-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #678
Blabbermouth!!!

Raptureready: Your menu looks fine to me - but don't be afraid to eat butter..... more fats. Are you "bound" up? Sometimes cheese can do that to me. Are you drinking fluids ....? Today I am retaining water and I know it's from not drinking enough water. Also another thing I noticed is I'm not running to the bathroom - another bad sign. I only have myself to blame. Just be patient ...... it will come off.

Bella: Sorry to hear about the berries .... and I'm sure they were delicious. It's good you are experimenting and not going overboard. That is the only way you can find out what you can and cannot add back in. Maybe later in your maintenance program you won't have any problem with having a few. Here's hoping. I just know what the green grapes did to me...

Furkid: Just make sure the liquor you have is not fruit flavored. Also I have a girlfriend that would make up a pitcher of Crystal Lite and would make margaritas out of them by adding in the tequila, etc. Another great idea. Tonight I had one rum/diet coke and a super large hot dog/no bun. Fully satisfied. By the way I'm NOT the "goddess" Far be it! I'm struggling just like the rest of you - but I sure hope I know how to motivate others - now why doesn't it work for me
Old 04-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

YUMM Crystal Lite drinks!

Bella, yocheese is yougart that is drained of all the whey through cheese cloth or paper towels. I used full fat. You can also buy it at Trader Joes or Whole Foods called greek yougart. It is sooo yummy. I won't add it in until goal. Fruit isnt that important to me anyway. Do a search on the boards. There are tons of threads regarding this. Just an option in case fruit wont work.

Makeup
Old 04-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Today is the 19th and noone has posted yet. I hope this thread is not dying. I did go to the gym for my body analysis. I was a bit disappointed. I am down2 #'s from when I started (March 6) but I lost 1.4 #'s in muscle mass. That is not a good thing. The trainer looked at my menu and said it was real good but just not enough. I have to add calories and almost hate to do it with fat but I sure don't want to do it with carbs. I have lost 1" in my waiste, hips, and boobs. Sometimes all of this doesn't make sense to me. The last time I did this all I had was the Atkins cookbook and the gym. After a month I knew what I could and couldn't eat. I am eating pretty much the same thing but I did eat a lot of Atkins ice cream made with heavy cream. I had about 1/2 to a cup every night. That was my treat for almost a year. My ex would make it for me on Sunday before he went out of town and put it in 1/2 cup containers in the freezer. I added butter to my eggs in the morning and still eat regular bacon. I don't know where else to add the fat. Help please.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #681

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptureready1953 View Post
Fat: I eat fat. There is fat in meat, and in eggs. And I put mayo in my deviled eggs, and sometimes eat mayo on chicken, and salad. For brkst I fry my two eggs in a tblsp of Coconut oil too. Fit day. I cant measure my chicken. I bake a chicken and eat off it . Sometimes it takes two days. Depending on the size of it. Some are really small and some are bigger.
What else can you eat besides meat or eggs or cheese? Very low glycemic veggies are on the list, but you are only allowed so many carbs of those in the book. ??? Thanks for the help.
oh there is fat in my 4 tsp of cream I have a day too.

Doing good..weight still going down, slowly but surely! Not too hungry today. did my two mile walk, wanting to do the new exercise dvd my daughter gave me. I have to get off this computer LOL. then I have books that I have to put labels on to get out tomorrow also... bbl. have a great lowcarb day everyone.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #682

Oh Cheryl, yes I am constipated almost all the time. I take magnesuium about once a week.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

HI ladies,

In a rush today. I take extra vitamin C for the bathroom issues. I also take flaxseed oil daily. Seems to do the trick. High ketosis today so Im not hugry at all. At the mall earlier today I could not even think of going into the food court to get a diet soda. Lovin it!!!! I will post more later. Stay strong

Makeup
Old 04-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all

2b....what is not working for you? You seem to be really close to goal...

Bella
Old 04-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #685
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh Cheryl, yes I am constipated almost all the time. I take magnesuium about once a week.
Have you tried the extra virgin coconut oil - a few T of that will have you running to the bathroom. I also heard that water and epson salts can really clean you out.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #686

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
Have you tried the extra virgin coconut oil - a few T of that will have you running to the bathroom. I also heard that water and epson salts can really clean you out.
I use coconut oil, but it doesnt make me go potty. LOL. I have tried epsom salts. YUCK is all I can say. Dropped my BP too low too. Almost passed out. Will not take that ever again.
I do have flax seed in the fridge, but too many carbs. Thanks everyone.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:52 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DonnaD40
Stats: 175/159.5/150
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: restart 3/02/07
Strawberries with homemade whipped cream are a nice source of roughage for me. And a nice source of dessert food.
DonnaD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:10 AM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smilingirisheyes
WOE: Plant Strong
Start Date: Autumn 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaD40 View Post
Strawberries with homemade whipped cream are a nice source of roughage for me. And a nice source of dessert food.
Obviously the strawberries aren't stalling you Donna...yay for you! Do you have them a couple of times a week or just occasionally or what?
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #689
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHMB View Post
2b....what is not working for you? You seem to be really close to goal...Bella
Well first I am losing muscle mass instead of fat. I am trying to increase the fat intake but this really scares me. I need to add 700 calories a day to my diet. I had some peanuts and cheese with my lunch so that upped it some. Tonight I will have BBQ with slaw. That should put my right at 1200 (I checked ******) for the day. I normally would not eat the BBQ but we are going to the Kenny Chesney concert tonight and will tailgate before and that is what we are having. I may even slip in a diet coke with Rum. MMMMM I ready. That would put me a little over the 1300 calories which is okay. I am going to try this - give it one week - if I see an increase I don't know what I will do. I need to quite obsessing about it and do what I know is right. I am working out 5 days a week and doing yard work in the evenings and weekends. The #'s should be dropping.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #690
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I use coconut oil, but it doesnt make me go potty. LOL. I have tried epsom salts. YUCK is all I can say. Dropped my BP too low too. Almost passed out. Will not take that ever again.
I do have flax seed in the fridge, but too many carbs. Thanks everyone.
You know what really gets me running to the bathroom - plain raw radishes. Also brussel sprouts and broccoli helps in that department. I generally buy two bunches of radishes per week - clean them and put them in cold water in the refrigerator.