Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makeup
Made it through a hungry night LOL. TOM is lurking I feel it! No appetite to speak of. The funny thing is I was starving last night.

Good job ladies! We rawk!

Going for a pedicure

Makeup
makeup is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fifi
Stats: 5'3"
WOE: PSMF
Hi, Ladies! Thanks, everyone, for your posts to me.

I have to say that I am truly in the groove. Today is Day4, and I feel great. Headache is gone and I have the hint of the metal taste in my mouth. Cheryl's Dr's plan is the one for me for sure!

I hope you all have a fun Friday evening. I plan on playing with the kids and then starting Slim in 6 for the first time. Bye for now.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peony
Stats: Down 26
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2007
WTG, Bella!
Peony
Peony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #634
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Hi, Ladies! Thanks, everyone, for your posts to me.

I have to say that I am truly in the groove. Today is Day4, and I feel great. Headache is gone and I have the hint of the metal taste in my mouth. Cheryl's Dr's plan is the one for me for sure!

I hope you all have a fun Friday evening. I plan on playing with the kids and then starting Slim in 6 for the first time. Bye for now.

I'm glad your headache is finally gone ..... that is one thing that kept me from cheating is I didn't want to go through those 3 horrible days all over again. Keep me posted on your progress and do not hesitate to ask questions..... I'll bet you hit the floor running in the mornings. I found I needed very little sleep and was full of energy!

I'm soooo happy for you!
ixtapacheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:17 AM   #635
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
you all are doing so great... I need help. UGH... Going to try meat/eggs for a couple of days and then see what is going on. I need a kick in my seat I guess. I had bread last night and ice cream. ............ I can do this..... I can do this.... I can do this........... so close to goal, yet so far away.....
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #636
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptureready1953 View Post
you all are doing so great... I need help. UGH... Going to try meat/eggs for a couple of days and then see what is going on. I need a kick in my seat I guess. I had bread last night and ice cream. ............ I can do this..... I can do this.... I can do this........... so close to goal, yet so far away.....
Just remember that you have to "behave yourself to success" (quote from Dr. Phil). Bread and ice cream is "not behaving" Seriously though - I feel your pain. Get rid of that junk in your house (if you can) and keep the refrig. stocked with ready to eat snacks, meat, eggs, etc. You are so close to goal. Now just make the decision to stick with it!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
I often find it is hard to start, but then once I do its much better. I agree, you have to make a decision and stick to it. Hang in there!

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
(hanging head) I haven't been here for a reason. . .

I slipped up!!!!!

I used bad excuses to do so, and now I'm up 5 lbs.

1. I ate REAL food at a business meeting.
2. I ate dessert with sugar! Once!
3. I kept up eating some real food. It lingered. . .(the eating of regular food)

I have quit the real food, but have been up on carbs. . .so that's not LC!!!!!

I won't kid myself!

I'm back!!!!!

Hope to talk to you all every day, use ******, and get back with the program!

Cheryl, you will remember I had trouble with premaintenence.

I need to take the premaintenence off my signature.

I am now back on Induction '72!!!!!!

I CAN do this!!!!

And I'm wearing some of my "fat" pants part of the time. NO not the ones from before weight loss. . .just ones I had ready to give away. . .which I retrieved and washed and put on.

WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Confession is good for the soul!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #639

Thanks Cheryl and everyone. I went grocery shopping. That helped. Got some chicken, very lean ground beef and lots of eggs. Also found three diet books at the flea market. One is called Dr. Atkins Super energy diet. On the front it says Beware of imitations this is the authentic national bestseller. Cant wait to read it. Then I found Fit for Life, and Eat More, weigh Less. I collect diet books. I have the newer atkins books both, the diet and the one for long term. They will stay in my collection. Not to be given away. Well off to shower then sit back and read. Bad weather expected soon so I wont be able to get on here anyhow. Night all. OH, btw, got chicken in the oven to take with me tomorrow. Sundays are the days I am gone all day to sons after church ... so no excuse. I just have to buckle down and say NO to yuck.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:40 PM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl & Ladies - I do have a question today. It is Day6 and I have found myself nibbling on carbs - ack! I had a couple of fries from my kids' happy meals, one Oreo, a half of cookie cup. I was doing so well! Tonight I have cut myself off of food for the rest of the night. Should I do something drastic like a meat/egg day or two? I don't want to sabotage my last 5 days of hard work.

And, Cheryl, you are right about me bouncing out of bed - today I got up and went straight to the living room to workout!

Any advice is very appreciated!

My avatar is what I want my goal picture to look like![/COLOR]

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...flabuless.html
Old 04-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Magnamater - you shouldn't hang your head, but rather hold it up high because you have returned! You are making the conscious decision to do right by your body. That takes guts. You CAN do this!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 PM   #642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Magnamater - you shouldn't hang your head, but rather hold it up high because you have returned! You are making the conscious decision to do right by your body. That takes guts. You CAN do this!
that is so correct. I agree with you ... !!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Im down another pound for a total of 4 this week (2 last week) which still keeps me at my -3 average. Im nearing premaintenance (4 pounds) so I need to get my plan together for adding in more carbs. I think Im going to start with berries twice a week and see how that goes. Dr A says to add in one food group at a time and see how it goes, if you still lose or not. After that I think Im going to add in a slice of Ezekial bread twice a week. Maybe some butterbut squash. Anyway, Im planning it very carefully cause Ive heard this is the really hard part.

Have a good weekend and how is everyone??

Bella
Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #644
Blabbermouth!!!

Dear magnamater - I do remember you and I'll come over there and slap you silly if you are still hanging your head. No need for that - and as you said confession is good for your soul - no living in denial. Remember, you can't change what you don't acknowledge.

Dear Raptureready: I love your "name" ...... I wish I was so confident but I do say an act of contrition every night just in case ..... Good for you on the shopping and cooking. I've also added in some radishes when I got closer to goal. Cleaned them - put them in cold water - and when I would want something crunchy I'd just grab one. They have almost zero carbs.

Dear Fifi: Ok - so you slipped a little. No need to do the egg/meat thing. Just make the decision that NO MORE CARBS are slipping past your lips. Remember you lose 3-4 days of your diet if you slip. It is soooo not worth it. Just eat clean - NO CARBS!!!!! It's as simple as that - not rocket science

Dear Bella: My hero! I am so proud of you and am waiting with wild anticipation - for when you are ready to add back in carbs. I'm just worried it's me that has a problem because there are so many here that can do it with complete success.

Have a great Sunday ...... only 10 more hours till midnight - can you stay off carbs till then? Sure you can!!!!

"You will never find out what you can do until you do all you can to find
out!" - John Maxwell
Old 04-16-2007, 04:45 AM   #645
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Daryl
Stats: 260/153/160
WOE: G.A.B.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Head View Post
[COLOR=DarkRed]He allowed fiber to be deducted later on because "HE" found through his own research is was ok to do so without hurting your weight loss.[/COLOR]

NOTE* This is from the book, Bantam edition / September 1972 paperback...

Not sixty grams of carbohydrate on this diet but zero grams
Here’s how this diet is significantly different. During the first week on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero.
This creates a unique chemical situation in the body, the one favorable to the fastest possible burning of your body’s stored fat. Ketones are excreted, and hunger disappears.
You see, the first fuel your body burns for energy comes from the carbohydrates you eat and drink. If any carbohydrate is available, your body burns this rather than stored fat-and maintains its old metabolic pathways. But carbohydrates, as such, are not stored in the body beyond forty-eight hours.
So when no carbohydrate is taken in, your body must draw upon the major reserve source of fuel-the stored fat.
It is forced to take a different metabolic pathway. In this process your body converts from being a carbohydrate-burning engine.
This is The Diet Revolution: the new chemical situation in which ketones are being thrown off-and so are those unwanted pounds, all without hunger.
A gradual addition of carbohydrate to keep your body burning it’s fat as fuel. We must maintain this chemical situation if you’re to continue to lose without hunger. And if we add carbohydrate very gradually in tiny amounts-we can do just this… keep your body converted into a fat-burning engine.
So that is just what we do. The second week you might add a few grams of carbohydrate to your diet. Every week thereafter a little more carbohydrate (around five grams) may be returned to the diet.

The Rules of Original Atkins

The Diet Revolution Rules (Level One)
1. Don’t count calories [COLOR=DarkRed](so why are so many counting them?) [/COLOR]
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.[COLOR=DarkRed](see, no limit)[/COLOR]
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.[COLOR=DarkRed](It doesn't say anything about 1/2 your body weight in water)[/COLOR]
6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
8. Everyday take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts,. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.

The First Life-Changing Week, eat nothing that is not on the list.
Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”
Fowl: Duckling, Turkey, Chicken, Anything with wings, No stuffing
Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners (e.g., D-Zerta )
Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla, and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that [I]contains no sugar
Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee
---------*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, which contains caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.
Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, muscles, scallops, and pickled fish
Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet – any style and without limitations[COLOR=DarkRed](another NO LIMIT)[/COLOR]
Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives.
Butter & Mayonnaise Fats: Butter, margarine (head New Diet Revolution & eat no margarine with trans fatty acids), oils, shortening (not such a great idea), lard & mayonnaise (fats have no carbohydrates).
Juice: Juice of one lemon or lime
Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.
Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk – so don’t use milk)
Diet Revolution Salad Material: Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Chives, Cucumber, Endive, Escarole, Fennel, lettuce, Olives (Green or Black), Onions, Pickles (Sour or Dill), Parsley, Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, watercress.
What Happens After The First Week’s Diet. Most diets are fixed formulas and are therefore short-termed and self-limiting. This diet is fixed only for a week. After that – because it must be a lifetime diet, it is, as variable as are individual tastes.
I’ve labeled the additions of carbohydrate that follow’ second level’, ‘third level’, ‘fourth level’, ‘fifth level’, but in fact the additions are interchangeable and flexible. You can make any of these additions any week that you choose. I am so committed to making this a livable lifetime diet that I am letting you select your own variations, within the rules set up by your biological rulebook.
Put back what you’ve missed the most: The idea is simply to gradually return to your diet first what you missed most. Custom-tailor the diet to suit your carbohydrate additions to suit your lifestyle. All that matters is that you add back to your diet a little carbohydrate at a time, and that you stop adding carbohydrate when you reach your CCL.
How to know when to put back a little carbohydrate: Ask yourself: Are the keto-stix still turning purple? Am I still un-hungry? Have I stopped eating at night? Do I have more energy? Am I still losing weight or inches nicely? Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.
The Second Level: Cheesecake for dessert? At each level, remember you add approximately five to eight grams of carbohydrate daily for a week and analyze the results. Most people agree the best way to handle the second level is to add cottage cheese…
The Diet Revolution Vegetables (not for level one): All of the above plus; Asparagus, Avocado, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Chinese Cabbage, eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Peppers, Pumpkins, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Snow Pea Pods, Spinach, String Beans, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Wax Beans, Zucchini Squash

Sample menu, level one:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spicy ham, Diet revolution roll and butter, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Cold cuts sandwich on Diet revolution Roll w/ mayo or mustard, 1 cup of salad (loosely packed), oil & vinegar, or a dressing from the recipe list, Raspberry gelatin, Diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Chicken soup with Matzoh Balls, Your favorite cut of steak, Caesar salad with Caesar Salad dressing, Gelatin, diet soda, coffee or tea
Snack: baken-ets, stuffed celery, diet soda.

Sample menu, level two:
Breakfast: Lox and stuffed onion omelet, caraway Diet revolution Roll with cream cheese, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Avocado stuffed with crabmeat, Tossed green salad with dressing from recipe list, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Mixed grill with garlic Butter Sauce or Béarnaise Sauce, Tossed salad with French Dressing, Gelatin Parfait with whipped cream, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Snack: Assorted smoked fish, Hard cheese, Diet soda

Ok, there it is 'By The Book'

Thank you so much for typing all of that out
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

Sooooo simple - but yet so difficult for some. It's wonderful that you posted this - definitely something to keep handy - a copy for your purse, one on the refrigerator, one on the oven door, etc.

Thank you!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JUst checking in this morning....Ive been studying my premaintenance menu and also starting to talk with maintenance folks and you know what? Maintenance is not very different from OWL! I think that is why so many people gain the weight back, they dont realize you have to keep eating lower carb for life.

Bella
Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 AM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHMB View Post
JUst checking in this morning....Ive been studying my premaintenance menu and also starting to talk with maintenance folks and you know what? Maintenance is not very different from OWL! I think that is why so many people gain the weight back, they dont realize you have to keep eating lower carb for life.

Bella
Bella: It depends on what kind of carbs a person adds back in. I think I told you I had added green grapes back in and OMG it really triggered overeating for me. Now grapes aren't high in carbs - but I couldn't stop eating them.

Yes there are many people that have no problems maintaining whatsoever ..... and I am very jealous! I think the way you are going about it in a much more methodical manner is key. You aren't just plunging in ..... that was my problem.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls! Super busy right now. I will be back online later. I didn't cheat this weekend but ate too much food. Back to the limiting portions today.

You guys rawk! Come on ladies! Lets get thin!
Makeup
Old 04-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Just keeping it honest here.

I'm on track, and although the calories aren't as low as I'd like, I'm faithful and true!

And this ole retired lady got called back to work again!

Nice to be essential! And needed!

So I'll work from 10-2:25, until the end of the school year!!

Back to brown bagging it!

I start tomorrow!

Wish me luck!

And lucky me, I can get my exercise in, no excuses!!!!!!!!

Won't I look good in 7 weeks!!!!!!
Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Magna,

Congrats! BTW, how many lbs do you still have to lose before goal?
Im at 9-14.

Bella
Old 04-17-2007, 07:15 AM   #652
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2bdancing
Stats: 150/124/120 5'4.5" medium frame
WOE: Modified Atkins/Mainly SB
Start Date: February 2001 restart February 2006
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I did with my Grandbabies in Nashville. My boys are adorable. I cheated just a little. I had a taste of mashed potatoes that I made for my son. Other than that I did pretty good. Back down to 133#'s and have 10#'s to go. I have stayed pretty close to Cheryl's Drs. plan. It seems easy to me. I don't have to measure because I have done this long enough to just know. Every once and a while I will check to be sure I am not exaggerating my portions. Our pool goes in Wednesday so I have to get into those bathing suites.

I appreciate this thread - thanks again to all of you who are contributing to everyone's success.
2bdancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies,

Well TOM showed up today! I have a big headache but I am sure it will pass. I was looking at my tummy yesterday wondering why it was so huge. Guess I know why now. Oh well at least I will lose when it leaves. Yesterday my eating was on plan again! I think not eating at nigt has worked great for me. I truly don't think it matters what time I eat. It does matter how much I am eating. Using this as a way to regulate my intake is working. I went to bed pretty hungry not starving but a slight hunger. Today I will have some lean beef a tiny bit of cheese and later on a large iced coffee.

2bdancing, I love his plan also! We can do this!

Makeup
Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #654
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bdancing View Post
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I did with my Grandbabies in Nashville. My boys are adorable. I cheated just a little. I had a taste of mashed potatoes that I made for my son. Other than that I did pretty good. Back down to 133#'s and have 10#'s to go. I have stayed pretty close to Cheryl's Drs. plan. It seems easy to me. I don't have to measure because I have done this long enough to just know. Every once and a while I will check to be sure I am not exaggerating my portions. Our pool goes in Wednesday so I have to get into those bathing suites.

I appreciate this thread - thanks again to all of you who are contributing to everyone's success.

I agree --- not having to measure and eating until satisfied is a real bonus. I want it as simple as possible. Only 10# to go? Great news - KUTGW my friend!

I just love our pool and am in the process of waiting for the water to warm up.... we don't have ours heated - too expensive. Plus who wants to go outside in a bathing suit in cold weather - jump in the pool and then have to stay submerged up to your neck until you run back inside the house. I prefer laying around the pool, having a nice rum/diet coke and sunbathing..... in 90 degree weather.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #655
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
I prefer laying around the pool, having a nice rum/diet coke and sunbathing..... in 90 degree weather.
I can't wait either. This will be our first summer with a pool in the backyard.

I went to the gym on my lunch and was asking one of the trainers why this is taking so long and she doesn't feel I am eating enough calories for the exercise I do. Maybe not but I am full all the time. I just checked ****** and at the end of today I will be at:

Cals 751
Fat 47 58%
Carbs 14 6%
protein 65 36%

These numbers look a little off but I am not sure what I need to adjust. Any advice. I have an appointment Thursday for a body analysis. Maybe that will give some insight too. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #656
Blabbermouth!!!

You might be a little light on calories - but from what I see it looks great. I too have difficulty eating when I'm not hungry. Let us know what your meeting uncovers. Are they LC fans?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #657
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikibonz
Stats: 275/215/160
WOE: Atkins/Low Carb
Start Date: 6/26/06
Good day,
Not much of poster - more of a reader...great, great information from so many folks.
I do have a question:
My sister and I started low-carb traditional '72 Atkins July '06 (for the 2nd time) and by late December I lost 45lbs. I took a break during the holidays & gained a few pounds back. I got right back on the first of Jan. and lost those few pounds and then up until late March I only lost an additional @ 5lbs. (total weight loss 50 lbs) but I was not being terribly restrictive w/ carbs either. Eating the right carbs nonetheless. Then I took another break during the Easter holiday put on a few pounds but then resumed induction right after Easter. I have since lost those few pounds b/t 4/10-4/14.
With the exception of those 2 breaks - I am stalled at a 50lbs. loss. I really would like to lose another 50lbs. It seems to be such an effort - I wonder if I am being too strict. I have been really aiming at lean proteins but now I am thinking that more fat is needed to trigger something?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peony
Stats: Down 26
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2007
I seemed to eat alot of calories today, yet it didn't seem like much food. Here is what I ate:

B.- 3 eggs scrambled in co
L. Sandwich--two rev rolls, turkey breast, swiss cheese, a slice of sweet red pepper, lettuce and mayo. I also had 1/2 of sf jello w/1tsp of heavy cream.
S. - 2 pieces of coconut bark.

This all comes to:
Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 1023
Fat: 84 760 74%
Sat: 41 367 36%
Poly: 11 102 10%
Mono: 18 164 16%
Carbs: 7 25 2%
Fiber: 0 0 0%
Protein: 60 238 23%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I just can't imagine how you people can eat less than 1000 calories in a day. I still have dinner to go.
Peony
Peony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #659
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
Let us know what your meeting uncovers. Are they LC fans?
I will let you know for sure and they are aware that different body types require different eating habits and don't discourage high protein. She just thought a little more carbs might be good. I just don't know how to work them in. I guess I could eat legumes. That should increase the fiber also.

Peony - I used to wonder how people kept their calories below 1,000 until I started using ****** and found I was one of them. Now I am trying to figure out why I am not losing as fast as I want to and I think calories is it.

This has to be a science and I never was any good at science.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #660
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
I haven't wrote on here in awhile, but am always reading.. and I have to give a big thank you to Cheryl!

I've tried Atkins in the past, but I always screwed up and decided to stop the diet.
Anyways, this stricter diet helps me to say no to the food that I use to wonder about (if they were induction friendly/how much I could have/etc). And the fact that you said you went from 160-120 in 6 weeks is definitely inspiring!!
I have MANY events coming up this year that I would love to be skinny for. Including being the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding.
I'm vowing to stick to this diet for at LEAST 6 weeks!! I know I can do it!
I know you're not suppose to check the scale everyday, but I couldn't help it. I looked at the scale this morning (day 3 for me) and I already lost weight. I'm so so excited! Thank you soooo much Cheryl for sharing your words of wisdom with all of us!!