Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #601
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Bella: I know what you mean - you are soooo close and then you fee like you are stalling. Stay the course my friend! You'll make it!
ixtapacheryl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makeup
Cheryl,

Is bacon ok on your doctor's food list. I cant seem to find the post that list his OK foods. Well too late I had some anyway LOL

Makeup
makeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl,

OK duuuh I found your list on the first page. I was looking at random pages in the thread! Are you currently following this plan?

Makeup
Old 04-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtapacheryl View Post
Bella: I know what you mean - you are soooo close and then you fee like you are stalling. Stay the course my friend! You'll make it!
Yea, that's exactly right, I feel like Im stalling! I've been microanalyzing my diet to see where I might have gone wrong, but I havent. No cheats. I did notice today though that my stomach is growling again which I take as a good sign! So maybe I will have a whoosh in a few days and all my worry will be for naught, as it usually is

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:45 AM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fifi
Stats: 5'3"
WOE: PSMF
Good morning, all! Cheryl - thanks for your words of encouragement! You are really great!

It's day 3 for me of my recommittment, and I am please to say that I am still on track! Unfortunately TOM showed up today - humph. I still weighed in and I am down 2 pounds so I'm pleased things are moving along. I won't bother weighing again for a week until TOM packs it in.

I ordered Slim In 6 and it looks like it is arriving today!

Have a great low-carb day everyone!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #606
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethDiane
Stats: 335 / 212 / 135
WOE: ATKIN'S - High Protein-Low Carb
Keto sticks....

Quote:
Have you figured out what caused you not to register with the Keto sticks? I'm just curious....

I mix bleu cheese with sour cream. I also use Good Seasonings mix - the kind you mix in the carafe..... Pretty good!
Cheryl...I only have changed one thing...I was drinking Wal-Mart version of Crystal Light for my water and I cut it in half and am drinking the other 1/2 of my water intake as straight water with nothing in it. I don't understand why this would make such a difference. If there was something else that was holding it up I have not figured it out yet. I have not eaten fast food in months and I ALWAYS watch the ingredients of what I am preparing. I make sure I get more than my minimum of water. I keep a diary of my intake of food, water and my vitamins and supplements and have gone back over that and don't see a big change. Maybe it was the drink mix even though it was sugar free and said '0 carbs' on the box. The splenda that is in it may be something that I cannot have that much of.

I am in Ketosis now and very, very happy about that!! I check it every day so that I make sure that I am not missing something in my diet each day. If I show a lower 'level' of ketosis one day, I will go back and look at my food diary and see what I had the previous day and track it that way. Hopefully I won't have to do that though.

Thanks so much to you all for posting to me. I appreciate the encouragement. I just want to say this...I have gotten to the place in my life though where....NOTHING is going to make me fall off the 'band-wagon' now!!! I am doing great and have never felt better!!!
ElizabethDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,

Well one more pound down for a total of 43.

Whew!

Bella
Old 04-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smilingirisheyes
WOE: Plant Strong
Start Date: Autumn 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHMB View Post
Good morning,

Well one more pound down for a total of 43.

Whew!

Bella
Yay Bella! You're my new '72 hero !!! Could you give a few sample menus please?
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Lisa

My menus look something like this:

B: 1/4 cup cottage cheese and 2 ounces protein (tuna/chicken) if Im hungry.
L: grilled chicken salad: I buy chicken tenders and cook them each day, 2-3 ounces. Mix with 1 cup lettuce, sprinkle of feta cheese, lowcarb dressing such as Kens balsamic or caesar.
D: 3 ounces protein and 1/2 cup veggies such as combos of 1/4 cup mushrooms, 3 strips grilled bell peppers, 1/2 cup cooked spinach.
snacks: sf jello (no more than 2 each day, usually 1 of the little cups), celery

I monitor my calories also- if I am up for the day then I have chicken or fish for dinner rather than beef. I use ****** and keep my calories under 1000, usually about 800. I exercise too, 5 times per week.

Hope this helps! I keep it VERY simple and it works. Oh and I do drink Hansens diet root beer and 1 cup coffee in the am.

Bella
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 AM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smilingirisheyes
WOE: Plant Strong
Start Date: Autumn 2009
Quote:
Thanks Lisa

My menus look something like this:

B: 1/4 cup cottage cheese and 2 ounces protein (tuna/chicken) if Im hungry.
L: grilled chicken salad: I buy chicken tenders and cook them each day, 2-3 ounces. Mix with 1 cup lettuce, sprinkle of feta cheese, lowcarb dressing such as Kens balsamic or caesar.
D: 3 ounces protein and 1/2 cup veggies such as combos of 1/4 cup mushrooms, 3 strips grilled bell peppers, 1/2 cup cooked spinach.
snacks: sf jello (no more than 2 each day, usually 1 of the little cups), celery

I monitor my calories also- if I am up for the day then I have chicken or fish for dinner rather than beef. I use ****** and keep my calories under 1000, usually about 800. I exercise too, 5 times per week.

Hope this helps! I keep it VERY simple and it works. Oh and I do drink Hansens diet root beer and 1 cup coffee in the am.

Bella
Thanks a lot, Bella. Do you have anything like cream in your coffee in the a.m.? Also, do you think you will be able to add more vegies, etc. in after you have all those pounds off??
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:03 AM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup View Post
Cheryl,

Is bacon ok on your doctor's food list. I cant seem to find the post that list his OK foods. Well too late I had some anyway LOL

Makeup
Yes you can have bacon .... just don't have the "maple flavored" and keep to 2-3 pieces daily. I too love bacon - but I retain fluids...... grrrr!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Good morning, all! Cheryl - thanks for your words of encouragement! You are really great!

It's day 3 for me of my recommittment, and I am please to say that I am still on track! Unfortunately TOM showed up today - humph. I still weighed in and I am down 2 pounds so I'm pleased things are moving along. I won't bother weighing again for a week until TOM packs it in.

I ordered Slim In 6 and it looks like it is arriving today!

Have a great low-carb day everyone!
Hi FiFi: Good for you - down 2# - far better than up 2#.... I am soooo thankful I don't get TOM anymore - had a hysterectomy in '98 ....
Old 04-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ladies for your continued support. I feel sooo good on this plan. Why do I ever ever get off? I thinkk that I get too cocky and start thinking that I can eat high carb. It has been proven too many times that I can not. Just a reality that I must face.
Last night I was hungry but didn't eat. I am trying to make dinner my smallest meal. I had a large Iced Coffee with two Splendas. My BF wanted to go out to dinner but I know that would start a big calorie feast. I told him that I will not go out and eat at night anymore. Lunch will have to be out date time. I will get into my sixes sooner than later.
Right now I am not counting anything. Just eating off the list. No funny math or exceptions.

Bella, you are doing soo great! Cant wait to see pics! Keep up the good work.

Come on ladies! Let's get skinny!
Makeup
Old 04-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingirisheyes View Post
Thanks a lot, Bella. Do you have anything like cream in your coffee in the a.m.? Also, do you think you will be able to add more vegies, etc. in after you have all those pounds off??
I have a dash of cream and 1 packet of splenda. Yes, I plan on adding back veggies probably within a few weeks, once I get to 160. (10 from goal) I have been reading about pre-maintenance on the Atkins website and it says I can add in 10 grams per week daily OR twice a week a higher carb item such as fruit or starchy veggies. I think Im going to go for the 2times weekly approach which will be easier to monitor.

Good luck!
Bella
Old 04-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #615
Blabbermouth!!!

Makeup: You are soooo strong and good for you on suggesting lunches versus dinners. I too like to keep it simple - just eat off the list, no weighing, no calculating (and that is only because I have such trouble in ******.com).

I am anxious to follow Bella especially once she reaches goal. I had such a hard time adding carbs back in - and I'm just hoping she can give me pointers that will work for me. She has been soooo successful and I can't help but want her to "rush" to her goal weight Dear Bella ----- you know I'm just joking about the "rushing"..... I'm struggling here girlfriend.

"You will never find out what you can do until you do all you can to find
out!" - John Maxwell

Last edited by ixtapacheryl; 04-12-2007 at 03:55 PM..
Old 04-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl,

What's going on with your food plan? Did you go back to induction? Sometimes that's what we have to do.....

Bella
Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fifi
Stats: 5'3"
WOE: PSMF
Bella - my goodness, 43 pounds!! AWESOME!!

Makeup - you have some strong willpower!! Good for you in refusing to eat out at night!!

Cheryl - thanks for the words of encouragement! I will blame TOM for tonight's 1/2 cup of lowcarb ice cream - 4 net carbs. Otherwise, I am doing great eating off of your list. ****** really, really helps.

As I sit here typing, I am listening to my 4 year-old son laughing in the other room, and it is so adorable Have a great evening everyone!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies,

Gosh Im in ketosis for sure! I feel full of energy! My pants are even a tad looser. I might even go for a walk tonight. Such a beautiful night in LA. I dont work out like I used to. OK so no dinner tonight. Just a diet Pepsi Jazz with a hint of cream. I'm telling you that stuff is gooood! OH I did eat a tiny bit of cream cheese for lunch. I think I will be OK even though it's not on the list. My carbs are still super low. I'm chewing Orbitz bubblemint. My new dessert!! Life is good.
Fifi, I don't have kids but love to hear them laugh. Children are so such a blessing.
Cheryl, are you struggling, or where you joking? I need a partner. Always admired your dedication. Come my friend and lets do this!
Bella, you rawk!

Love
Makeup
Old 04-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #619
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Cheryl,

What's going on with your food plan? Did you go back to induction? Sometimes that's what we have to do.....

Bella
Yup I'm back on induction. I really purged on the Easter candy this past weekend - felt like crap the last few days - but managed to keep on purging. I'm sick of feeling sick.

Tonight I had some lean beef and a small salad and just finished SF jello. In fact I just came in from outside and thought to myself that I feel GREAT! So much better than when I eat off plan. I just CAN'T indulge. Plus I think that being a little depressed after the cosmetic surgery added to my eating off plan. It's normal to feel and look ugly after the surgery - but it's been almost 4 weeks and I still feel that way. Maybe it's cause I'm older

I want to get back down into the 120's by the end of May .....

Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl, you sure can make it by the end of May! I think it is hard to get back on plan after being off; BUT you can do it! You are within 10 pounds of your goal, that's fantastic!

Bella
Old 04-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup View Post
Hey ladies,
Gosh Im in ketosis for sure! I feel full of energy! My pants are even a tad looser. I might even go for a walk tonight. Such a beautiful night in LA. I dont work out like I used to. OK so no dinner tonight. Just a diet Pepsi Jazz with a hint of cream. I'm telling you that stuff is gooood! OH I did eat a tiny bit of cream cheese for lunch. I think I will be OK even though it's not on the list. My carbs are still super low. I'm chewing Orbitz bubblemint. My new dessert!! Life is good.
Fifi, I don't have kids but love to hear them laugh. Children are so such a blessing.
Cheryl, are you struggling, or where you joking? I need a partner. Always admired your dedication. Come my friend and lets do this!
Bella, you rawk!Love
Makeup
Congrats! BTW, how much do you want to lose?

Bella
Old 04-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Bella, right now I'm to mad with myself for gaining to get on the scale. I assume twenty will be great. Honestly I don't care how much I weigh I just want to be a six or four. Six with wiggle room I guess.

Makeup
Old 04-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

I'm hungry! Will not cave but Im hungry!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #624
Junior LCF Member

Hello / Hola Ladies gladto us all hanging in there. Another one bites the dust ~ a lb that is stayed on plan walked 2 hrs on treadmill and jumped on trampoline with GiAna that is a work out itself cant wait to get to the Y tomorrow hoping scale moves again Friday .
[COLOR="red"]Cheryl [/COLOR]I want to Applaud you for always lending so Much support hang i there on induction just remember you won't betempted by Easter Candy for another Year and the next candy holiday isn't until October , [COLOR="red"]Bella [/COLOR]you are just moving along 43 wow hang in there you will be at goal before you know it and I am hoping we all receive the whooshie fairy tonight, [COLOR="red"]Makeup[/COLOR] You go girl don't cave in you are the boss not the food tell it so ha ha, [COLOR="Red"]Fifi [/COLOR]hang in there wtg on 3 days of recommit and down 2 lbs too boot, [COLOR="red"]Elizabeth Diane [/COLOR]welcome to ketosis isn't wonderful.
Hello Smilingirisheyes hang in ther just keep trucking along . Good night Ladies or Good morning to you depending when you read this Buenas Noches Buenas Dias I am hoping we will all be [COLOR="Red"]Mas Delgada [/COLOR]in 2007 or in English [COLOR="red"]more skinny[/COLOR]in 2007
Mas Delgada in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:14 AM   #625
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Cheryl, you sure can make it by the end of May! I think it is hard to get back on plan after being off; BUT you can do it! You are within 10 pounds of your goal, that's fantastic!

Bella
Thank you for the encouragement. I was very good last night while watching Survivor - just had some SF jello and then hit the bed by 11PM - no cheating.

Yes the time will fly by so why not do something constructive until May and after. I remember last year - I couldn't believe how the time flew .....
Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 AM   #626
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas Delgada in 07 View Post
Hello / Hola Ladies gladto us all hanging in there. Another one bites the dust ~ a lb that is stayed on plan walked 2 hrs on treadmill and jumped on trampoline with GiAna that is a work out itself cant wait to get to the Y tomorrow hoping scale moves again Friday .
[COLOR="red"]Cheryl [/COLOR]I want to Applaud you for always lending so Much support hang i there on induction just remember you won't betempted by Easter Candy for another Year and the next candy holiday isn't until October , [COLOR="red"]Bella [/COLOR]you are just moving along 43 wow hang in there you will be at goal before you know it and I am hoping we all receive the whooshie fairy tonight, [COLOR="red"]Makeup[/COLOR] You go girl don't cave in you are the boss not the food tell it so ha ha, [COLOR="Red"]Fifi [/COLOR]hang in there wtg on 3 days of recommit and down 2 lbs too boot, [COLOR="red"]Elizabeth Diane [/COLOR]welcome to ketosis isn't wonderful.
Hello Smilingirisheyes hang in ther just keep trucking along . Good night Ladies or Good morning to you depending when you read this Buenas Noches Buenas Dias I am hoping we will all be [COLOR="Red"]Mas Delgada [/COLOR]in 2007 or in English [COLOR="red"]more skinny[/COLOR]in 2007
You are doing soooo well! Congratulations! I have no doubt you will reach your goal weight. You are so upbeat and it's a treat to read your posts.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

My theme for the day is "what a difference a day makes!". Last night I was feeling horrible, but thinking well maybe the whoosh fairy is on her way and yes, she was! This morning I am down 2 more pounds That's 3 since Tuesday, and 45 total. WOOHOOO!

Here's to all of us!

Bella
Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #628
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Hi everyone
You all are doing so well. Still on plan, but only losing in .4 pound increments. I will take it though. Easter was a disaster for me. I upped almost 7 pounds in a week. I did not eat 7 pounds of food though. I am down to 144.2 this morn a loss of 2.2 pounds since Tues. To think I was at 139. I pray I see it again. LOL. I also would love to be a size 6. I have a ways to go.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #629
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good morning!

My theme for the day is "what a difference a day makes!". Last night I was feeling horrible, but thinking well maybe the whoosh fairy is on her way and yes, she was! This morning I am down 2 more pounds That's 3 since Tuesday, and 45 total. WOOHOOO!

Here's to all of us!

Bella

WOOO HOOO! How great was that news this morning? You are such an inspiration to all of us ..... KUTGW. You are two more pounds closer to goal......
Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 AM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
WOOO HOOO! How great was that news this morning? You are such an inspiration to all of us ..... KUTGW. You are two more pounds closer to goal......
Thanks Cheryl, you have been a great inspiration to us all too!

Im 5 lbs to premaintenance. Wow.

Bella