Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins '72
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:20 AM   #571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan-girl View Post
Cheryl, i am stopped up, can that be why im not losing as i should??? I thought if i really cut out carbs in the beginning it would speed it up. Bella i have 50lbs to lose. I am using either Hellmans or Kraft Real Mayo, are they exceptable? So then i should add some veggies? If so, what? Sorry for being so annoying, im just confused . And as far as being stopped up, i have that problem even with veggies, is their something else that can help with that?? Ur answers and advice are very much appreciated, thanks guys!!
I am positive that is the problem ...... I use over the counter laxatives and take two. I generally take them at night and the morning I get relief. I have also heard epson salts are great mixed with water - but it's nasty. I haven't tried it but Kimmer said it works wonders.

Hellmans is fine - but keep it to 2T. Don't know anything about Kraft.

ixtapacheryl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
I also remember that sometimes in the past it has taken a little bit of time for my body to kick into true ketosis- when I was in my third week of this diet
my weight loss seemed to slow some but then picked back up again. So patience and keep using ****** to track your calories etc.
Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peony
Stats: Down 26
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2007
I've read that you should take psyllium husks for those problems some of you are descriping. I take the Metamusal sf orange flavor sometimes in the morning in a cup of cold water. You have to drink it down quickly or it gets thick, but even then it's not bad because it almost tastes like orange applesauce. I think that somewhere Atkins suggested you take it in the morning and at bedtime to keep you regular. I usually don't have a problem because of eating high fat.
Peony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:12 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makeup
Hi ladies! I'm joining you guys tomorrow. Not sure if this is where I should be posting since it is a sticky. So looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Makeup
makeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Makeup and Welcome!

Had a good day yesterday even though we ate out last night Went to bed
early with a headache though, which I think was either that the pianist was too loud at the restaurant or I ate something that didnt agree with me!

Bella
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 AM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: furkid
Stats: 233.5/191/180
Start Date: June, 2003
Hi, just reporting in. I've been exercising like crazy, but I did drink 2 drinks this weekend - so I'm hoping I offset the alcohol with the exercise

I followed Cheryl's "allowed" plan and had a shot of vodka in diet lemonade one night and a dirty martini the other. I have to admit I can't believe that I only had 2 drinks the whole weekend - and for the first time since getting back on board.

I am today.....199.9....I was 199.1 yesterday but we had the dreaded ham for dinner now I want to just give away the rest of it. Maybe if I had it for lunch I won't get "penalized" by a water gain.

Thanks so much everyone for being here. It's been a huge help!

Toby
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 AM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Makeup! I know you will love it hear. Good luck and keep us posted on your journey!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #578
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
I totally messed up for three days eating off plan. Restarted today. Wont weigh until tomorrow.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Todays totals:

Calories 687
Fat 36
Carbs 10
Fiber 3
Protein 71

B: 1/4 cup cottage cheese, coffee
L: Salad with salmon 2 ounces, chicken 1 ounce, 2 olives, lowcarb dressing
D: 3 ounces chicken, 1/4 cup mushrooms/1/4 cup zucchini
Snack: sf jello, mozarella stick
water, diet root beer
Exercise: 45 m cardio, 15 weights.

Bella
Old 04-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the warm welcome girls! I am doing just meat and eggs until I get rid of a few extra extra pounds. Will come back later to post.

Makeup
Old 04-10-2007, 05:41 AM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smilingirisheyes
WOE: Plant Strong
Start Date: Autumn 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHMB View Post
Todays totals:

Calories 687
Fat 36
Carbs 10
Fiber 3
Protein 71

B: 1/4 cup cottage cheese, coffee
L: Salad with salmon 2 ounces, chicken 1 ounce, 2 olives, lowcarb dressing
D: 3 ounces chicken, 1/4 cup mushrooms/1/4 cup zucchini
Snack: sf jello, mozarella stick
water, diet root beer
Exercise: 45 m cardio, 15 weights.

Bella
Holy Cow Bella, only 687 calories!!! Are you really that *not* hungry? Wowee!!

BTW, if that is your backyard in your avi, it is quite beautiful!! My stepdaughter just moved further up in Northern Cali to Eureka...are you near there?

You are my new hero using the 1972 Atkins WOE. I'm starting next week
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 AM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fifi
Stats: 5'3"
WOE: PSMF
Screwed up ~ I've been eating off plan since Friday and feel awful, physically awful. I was going well, and then blamo. PO at myself.

I weighed myself today to face facts and I have regained the loss.

I started using Fit Day yesterday and I was shocked to see exactly what I was putting in my body.

So, today I am recommitted!!!!! Everyone else, keep up the good work!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2bdancing
Stats: 150/124/120 5'4.5" medium frame
WOE: Modified Atkins/Mainly SB
Start Date: February 2001 restart February 2006
I stayed pretty close to plan all weekend. Having a internal system problem now and feel pretty bad. I am up 3#'s as of yesterday and I hope it is because of this problem. I hope I can get this straightened out before the weekend. I am going to see my precious grandsons and can't be puny. My DIL is real good about having stuff around that I can eat. Of course I will cook my son's favorite meal (roast, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, Lesure peas, and peach cobbler). Wish I could eat it.
2bdancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:14 AM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, that's my backyard We are 2 blocks from the ocean about 20 miles south of San Francisco. Amazingly beautiful here.

Today was my weigh-in day and Ive lost just 2 lbs this week. Hmmm. I have been averaging 3 per week for quite a while. Maybe I will catch up next week?
Cheryl? I am 18 lbs from goal now, or at least what I set as my goal which could be about 5 lbs too low actually. Im wondering if my loss is slowing because I am nearing my goal? Harooomph!

Besides that, Im doing fine!

Bella
Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls,

Going to bake some salmon for breakfast. I'm not hungry but I really don't want to leave out without having something to eat. I know that when I don't plan I end up with fast food. That is a problem due to the higher fat. I have asked Kimmer in the past about salmon. She says that I should be OK with that. I know it is not a lean fish but still OK for us.

Bella, your back yard is beautiful. Congrats on your loss! You're doing fantastic! Almost done!
2bdancing, stay strong! Remember how hard you have worked!
Fifi, I need to get back to 120 also. I'm 5'3 and 37 YO. I have not braved the scale as of yet YIKES

OK gotta run
Makeup
Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Makeup, thanks for the support. I am getting ready to take some medicine and I hope it works. Then back to the gym by tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone on their successes. What a feeling of euphoria.

Cheryl - Post a pic as soon as you are comfortable.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #587
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bdancing View Post
Makeup, thanks for the support. I am getting ready to take some medicine and I hope it works. Then back to the gym by tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone on their successes. What a feeling of euphoria.

Cheryl - Post a pic as soon as you are comfortable.
Hi there! Here is a link to "photobucket" - a mixture of pics - some from the cruise in Dec. 2006 and a mixture of others .... http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/ixtapacheryl/
Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

OK so the salmon was bad! Guess I had it too long. I have some lean ground beef. I will make that when I get home with a bit of cumin and chili powder.

Lets go girls
Makeup
Old 04-10-2007, 01:04 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl, Thanks for the pics. Always an inspiration. I am going on a cruise May 20 (that is if my passport gets back in time - I forgot to change my name). I hope I can get down to my goal weight. I'll keep monitoring this forum for guidance and support.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Well, here I am at the most dangerous time of day for me: evening. I am happy to say I have worked out and had a nice steak for dinner! Lunch was salad and grilled chicken. I'm taking it day-by-day this time, so forgive me if I feel I must post instead of letting my mind wonder to the beloved refrigerator...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #591
Junior LCF Member

My Name is LeAnn, I live in Texas, I am married and mother to four (21) DD- Fina in the Army did tour in Germany tour in Iraq now stationed in Camp LeJeune in NC, (19) DD- Roxy is my headstrong rebellios daughter who is really loving but so hard to love sometimes (just like her dear dad) j/k she now lives with herbrother my (18 )DS - Rubin who is struggling to make in the world and prove to dad that he is just as strong work ethic, all of these lovely three I adopted , me and my DH will be married for 18 years this August, we have tried for a child together since that 1 st year we tried for 13 years before we were successful I am a diabetic the year of 2002 Feb I started working out watching what I ate controlling blood sugars I managed to lose 60 lbs by April then wham I was pregnant I watched Blood sugars took 8 shots of insulin daily gained 80 lbs (309) highest weight but did deliver healthy small baby girl GiAna ( "gods grace") on Dec 16 2002 lost some lbs about 40 after she was born in the yr 2003, in 2004 I went on Atkins lost the rest plus a lil more got dow to 218 in May lowest I have been in my adult life, kept it off for awhile about 6 months i guess started eating carbs again started creeping back up slowly my weight always usually settles around 245 - 255 I tried several times in 2006 to get back on track with Atkins but had alot of setbacks in 2006 with DD- 19 and I am emotional eater and would fall off wagon so on Jan 22, 2007 I said enough is enough my Four year old had bad really bad seperation anxiety Peditrican said do something now to get her ready for pre - k in September so I went back to the YMCA and said we are gonna do this together I am gonna shrink and she is gonna grow we set guidelines mon - fri for at least an hour and half we started doing this I then weighed 252 lbs my blood sugars were in mid 300's
I knew better but I loved my food dont we all , anyway made until March 2 all days then baby girl came down with Flu she was really sick for 10 days then I got it another 8 days so I didnt make it to the Y until March 20th hadnt lst any regained 5 lbs was back at 235 had fell off wagon while I was sick and was discouraged couldnt get a clean induction down kept messing up after a week then I found my second salvation this group of 1972 Atkineers and said this is it one more time I read all 18 pages of sticky and buckled down to it limited 1 cup of veggies limted other things that was last sunday April 1st I was no fool lol j/k by Thursday April 5th I was down to 229.6 amen hello 20's and blood sugars waking 100 - 130 still on insulin though
Y closed good friday went back to Y today April 10 th and weighed 225.4 I made it through Easter clean Amen I want to make below 218 by mothers Day because I havent been there in 20 years and I think my DD from NC will make it home for M-day and we hope to take a Family pic so keep me in your thoughts and prayers and you are in mine Thank you so much for being there for each other and allowing me to lurk and recieve motivation from you without you even knowing I was there so thanks with your help and lots Y time I lost 10 lbs since 4-1-7 thank you ladies and gentleman nad God Bless Ya'll I am so sorry for rambling and i type slow and i have dyslexia so sometimes I flip things but thanks once again i also use ****** now upped fats moderate proteins 8 -12 carbs 1000 - 1500 cals and exercise exercie at least 1 hour and half treadmill, bike or efx machine 5 days a week and chasing a 4 yr old
Mas Delgada in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Mas Delgada - congrats on your loss. This site will give good advice and great inspiration. You can make your goal with the attitude you have.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:08 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Mas Delgada! Congrats on the loss!

I am happy that I had a successful day yesterday! My stomach is not as bloated and I feel refreshed. I have a bit of an induction headache today, but I know that will be over soon.

Here's to a successful Wednesday for all of us! Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #594
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Welcome Mas Delgada! Congrats on the loss!

I am happy that I had a successful day yesterday! My stomach is not as bloated and I feel refreshed. I have a bit of an induction headache today, but I know that will be over soon.

Here's to a successful Wednesday for all of us! Have a great day everyone!
I would also like to welcome Mas Delgada ....... come here often to post and read..... Great people here - or should I say friends. They are all outstanding and doing quite well.

FiFi: Glad you made it through last night. I too have trouble in the evenings .... and during the day I have no problems at all. Maybe I should hit the bed at 7PM - not only would I not eat but I'd have more hours of sleep.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:36 AM   #595
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethDiane
Stats: 335 / 212 / 135
WOE: ATKIN'S - High Protein-Low Carb
New here but not to Atkins...need some help and advice...

Cheryl or anyone who can help...I spent several hours yesterday going thru the posts here...I have been back on Atkins now for about 2 months but could not get into ketosis. I was starting to think that my keto sticks were bad and low and behold..this morning they turned purple...not deep but purple. I was so excited. I modified a few things and that I am sure is what helped.

I would like to get one of the '72 books if anyone has one that they want to sell.

What is the best salad dressing to use. All of the ones in the store, even though they say 1 carb, have sugar or malasses in the ingredients. Thanks alot. ElizabethDiane
ElizabethDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Elizabeth Diane,

Have you tried a second hand store? I see them there once in a while. As far as salad dressing. Blue cheese has lower carbs I just try to measure out my quanties.

HTH
Makeup
Old 04-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone and welcome Mas Delgada!

Elizabeth Diane, you can order the book online and meanwhile look at page one of this thread as it has the whole plan outlined for you! No need to wait!

Ive been battling my own demons lately as some of you know. What a place to be, 5 or so lbs to pre-maintenance- I should stop complaining, stick to my plan, be grateful that my body is easing down towards it rather than losing so fast and stay the course! (Im giving myself a peptalk!) Makeup, thanks for your kind words, they really help

Cheryl, I printed out your weight loss entries again for inspiration!

Bye for now,
Bella
Old 04-11-2007, 08:45 AM   #598
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethDiane
Stats: 335 / 212 / 135
WOE: ATKIN'S - High Protein-Low Carb
Makeup & Bella...thanks so much for your replies!!! I appreciate your help. I have been making my own Bleu Cheese for a long time. I love bleu cheese dressing. I will try to keep in touch a couple of times a week. I don't have alot of time to get online and post but I will do my best to check in a few times a week. Thanks again to all!!!

ElizabethDiane
ElizabethDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #599
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: furkid
Stats: 233.5/191/180
Start Date: June, 2003
Mas Delgada - welcome! Thank you for sharing so much with everyone! We're all here to help you, although you sound like you could motivate some of us!

1.5 pounds of ham water weight, but since I know that's what it is, I'm just waiting for it to "fall" off

Toby
furkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #600
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethDiane View Post
Cheryl or anyone who can help...I spent several hours yesterday going thru the posts here...I have been back on Atkins now for about 2 months but could not get into ketosis. I was starting to think that my keto sticks were bad and low and behold..this morning they turned purple...not deep but purple. I was so excited. I modified a few things and that I am sure is what helped.

I would like to get one of the '72 books if anyone has one that they want to sell.

What is the best salad dressing to use. All of the ones in the store, even though they say 1 carb, have sugar or malasses in the ingredients. Thanks alot. ElizabethDiane
Have you figured out what caused you not to register with the Keto sticks? I'm just curious....

I mix bleu cheese with sour cream. I also use Good Seasonings mix - the kind you mix in the carafe..... Pretty good!